Support Groups - Cows in sweaters and tight jeans

View Full Version : Cows in sweaters and tight jeans

Cowpernia
12-19-2005, 07:22 PM
DS is out with GF. I just saw on the news that parents should ask where their kids are going, what they'll do, who'll they be with and who will be chaperoning. So I text-messaged him the 1st 3 questions. It's just the 2 of them. No chaperone. I just wish he'd get this college thing straightened out.

Kiwonk
12-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Eek, do I have to wear tight jeans to be here? I have a great sweater on -- heavy LL Bean v-neck heathered green wool. It can be worn with loose jeans as well.

That's the thing about these kids once they get on that social bandwagon, they are out with friends so much you forget to ask those questions many times.

Tomorrow is the H.S. Christmas concert. I should fire up some video camera batteries. I'd like to see them try to stop me videotaping it... DD has a vocal solo in a song called "Cool of the Night" and doesn't know if she has a guitar solo in the jazz band numbers. :dunno: She also plays clarinet and oboe in the stage band. I'm going to need a lot of tape.

Kiwi

SugP
12-20-2005, 02:31 AM
You hilarious cows just slay me! Too funny!

ALL my jeans are tight - I fit right in here.

I was at the post office yesterday in a long lineup and in front of me was the vice mayoress of this town. She was waving to people like she was the Queen of England, but she still had to stand in line like the rest of us commoners. She did brag about her cards being heavier than everyone else's because she'd embroidered them herself. Royalty can be so annoying.

Boy12 went ice skating for the first time yesterday afternoon with his 7th grade class. He was itching to go because he said "We (meaning his parents) never do anything". He came back very cranky with blisters on his feet because they only had size 12 or 13 skates and not the 12 1/2s that would have fit him. If this kid is wearing a size 12 now, what will he be wearing when he's 18???

I'm thinking of branching out into clothes that might last a while and not shrink into a useless pile so should I buy from Eddie Bauer or Land's End? The catalogues here are totally different than in the US (less wrinkly stuff, especially in the summer) but some of it is nice. I'm tired of running around looking like a slob and I have no shirts that I like.

Thanks for the "dad is getting better" comments. M-I-L called my parents on Sunday and found that my dad was already home, but he didn't bother calling us because he thinks my mum will e mail me, which she hasn't, but the grapevine is good enough for now.

My divorced fireman brother got dragged to Las Vegas by his vegetarian girlfriend. She calls him Muffin. They are having a wonderful time, much to his surprise. I wonder if they'll get married? :devil: That would be the news of the century.

Cowpernia
12-20-2005, 05:10 AM
Wait .... embroidered Christmas cards??? Really??? Sugar, are you supposed to be doing that if you live there??

DS is bringing the GF to dinner Thursday. Need advice. What should she call me? What should I cook? What should I do?

Schatzi
12-20-2005, 06:39 AM
GADZOOKS! Tight jeans cowie???
Cowie: How sweet-- be your normal gracious witty self..darlin... Are you comfortable with Mrs. X or Ms X... I remember calling my bfren mom's by the first initial of last name like Mrs.B.. Some folks don't mind using their first name...

Sug: I get most all my jeans from Lands End.. they actually fit my wide short bottom and come in all kinds of delightful colors .. Then I pair it with those Big suedey Shirts with a tighter fitting one underneath. This hides my hugical hips, yet shows of my large bust..I still look like a dumpling.... Boy12 is gonna be a giant! I have a friend who when asked what size her foot is she say : CANOE.. she can fit a family of 5 in them boats!

Embroidered cards??? Good GAWD! Her Royal Hineyness sounds full of herself!

Kiwi: DD will sing like an Angel I'm sure.. My goodness how many instruments does she play? I wonder if she could get a music scholarship.

I skipped the gym this morning. I am still recovering from my chocolate eating frenzy.

Cherry Cow
12-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Hallo!

Break has started and I'm madly knitting Christmas presents. Again, I will have to send plain cards to my favorite cows. Every year I have all these big plans. Sigh.

I am now the token bellydancing cow. I went to my first bellydancing class last night and it was so much fun! I've ordered a gorgeous purple hip scarf-- so neat! I'm still fat, but darnit, I'm going to LIKE myself!

Blah blah food allergies.

I have all these comments when I catch up on the threads, then when I start to post them, I forget what I was going to say. Oh, but I was going to say I'm one of the token Catholic cows.

Sug P, glad your dad is doing better. Those fools. Argh.

Wabby
12-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi there, cheery Cherry Cow! Shake what yo' mama gave ya! My belly has been dancing all by itself with no help from me lately. jiggle jiggle jiggle all the way!

I do believe that tight jeans are the only jeans made anymore. I bought a new pair on Saturday and they are tight. I have this insane idea that if I buy some that actually fit me I will never lose the blubber. Kinda like a goldfish growing to whatever size pond it's in. :dizzy: I just have to remember to get bulky enough sweaters to cover, as Schatzi so eloquently put it, muffin top.

Sugah, do you ever buy from Coldwater Creek? Cute clothes if I wasn't so cheap. I bought a couple things from Tar-shay on Saturday. Cute. Cheap. Throwaway clothes, but I am not going to stay at this weight after the new year. Perfect 2006 here I come. Right after I eat that cruise ship outta all the food onboard. :hun: ----- Re: big footed boys ---Size 12 at 12 yrs? Maybe size 18 by 18. No way. My DS had huge feet at that age, but now he's over 6 ft. tall and they fit him just fine. He used to have a huge complex about his big feet. He'd have to arrange the bottom of his baggy pants just so around his ankles to disguise his honkin' big feet.

Cowper, I always asked to be called by my first name by gf's and bf's and friends in general. As long as kids act respectful I have no problem dropping the Mrs. --- I'd serve whatever DS usually likes. Spaghetti, salad, bread. Nothing exotic. Hey - be proud of yourself - this must mean that you don't totally mortify your DS like most parents do kids that age.

Lordy, it's been boring around here lately. The guys have been working like crazy and that means they're gone when I get here and work overtime. It's nice when I send out my billings, but geez, I'm so lonely.......:kickcan:

Kiwi, how did DD's dance turn out? no problems w/ the weather? ya know, the rest of those kids could just go home, DD could carry that concert all by herself. Speaking of firing up the video camera - that's what we bought for DS and wife for their Christmas present. I want videos of that baby!

Time to go check out what food goodies have been left by ppl around here...... Bad Wabby.

Cowpernia
12-20-2005, 01:16 PM
what I cook a lot and what DS like is stir fry. Would you dare make that for an
Asian girl? I'm afraid to make rice for her.

Wabby
12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Yup. If that's what you eat, that's what you cook. I'm sure she considers herself an American girl and wouldn't think twice about it. Don't worry so much - enjoy the kids.

You can quit worrying about me being lonely today - my mom just called to say they are in town from Arizona and she's taking me to lunch. They came to sign closing papers on their new house and to move their furniture in and then they're heading back down south for the winter.

If you want to feel blessed go here - this will tell just how rich you actually are. www.globalrichlist.com

Schatzi
12-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Cherry Cow, like Wabby said Go fer it! Belly dancing sounds like much fun.
I fear I would shake it to the point I would need hip replacement.

Wabby: How wonderful your mom is taking you to lunch. Those unexpected visits sometimes turn out the most fun. enjoy.

Cowie: I'm with Wabby..if that's what DS eats and its his fav..make it and relax darlin, you will be charming and she will love you.

I finished wrapping gifts..You would think this was hard manual labor..I am Exxxxhausted. Must rest.

Cowpernia
12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I've been informed she's a vegetarian.

Wabby
12-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Tofu is good in stirfry.

Mom is doing well. She's nice and tan. They have sun in Arizona. My older sis met us for lunch too. I'm the middle girl.

Schatzi
12-20-2005, 04:55 PM
http://www.cookingvegetarian.com/Recipes/tofu_recipes.htm

oh me and wabby are on the same wave length

Wabby
12-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Watsup?

I was supposed to have the day off, but my fill in (DD) called in, not sick, but tired. At least she tells the truth. She's going to be in later and then I can finish up my shopping and maybe my wrapping. I assume that's where ever other cow is.

Somebody come here and tell me something about yourself I don't know.

Cowpernia
12-21-2005, 01:00 PM
what you don't know:

1. As a kid on the army base, a soldier called me "Pall Mall" joking that my name "Campbell" ("camel" to him) implied a person not freakishly tall like me. Hurt my feelings. He knew my dad.

2. I once hitchhiked from Ontario to British Columbia.

3. I really can't stand Julie Andrews.

4. Yesterday I decided to grow out my hair for charity. They have to be able to cut 10 inches to take it. This will take care of my decision making I have to make about my hair (which is all the time). They will take it dyed.

5. I think being involved in church is harder than swimming upstream. You never know what obstacle will jump out in your path. For example, the political inappropriateness of saying "Happy Holidays." (Got an ad today from Winn-Dixie that says "Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and a Joyous Kwanzaa celebration to you and your family from Winn Dixie.")

6. When I in fourth grade, my sissy stole my pretty flamingo pin out of jealousy. (I was always prettier.)

Kiwonk
12-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Things you don't know about me:

My family is decorating the tree without me at this very moment.

When I was in first grade, the teacher asked me to read a story in front of the class, apparently because I could actually read (trained monkey). I was terrified and peed all over the floor in front of the class.

Your assignment: relate these 2 factoids. Hint: I'm drinking coffee right now. And I just cleaned up dog puddles in the kitchen.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I CAN'T DO FACTOIDS!!!--- i think you drink caffeine because alcohol tastes bad this early---------something you don't know about me-----WAIT---i think i have revealed all---except i once ate a whole steak RAW and i used to eat raw hamburger before i knew that i probably have Creutzfeldt-Jacobs Disease.---other than that---i JUST finished decorating the front steps -=--the tree is up with just the lights on and i am having the dining room painted a colour called CANDY CANE RED-----I HOPE YOU ALL WILL LIKE IT---IT USED TO BE DARK SAGE--------STAY TUNED-----------------

SugP
12-21-2005, 05:14 PM
1. Second grade, picture day at at school. I threw up while I was standing in line waiting for my turn. After they cleaned me up they made me have my picture taken anyway.

2. I once went topless on a beach in Greece. No one noticed.

3. At a science fair at elementary school, I looked into a cardboard box and a duck bit me on the nose.

4. I like to eat Cheez Whiz and strawberry jam together.

SugP
12-21-2005, 05:49 PM
In other news, today is special because

1) Elton John got married

2) The Pope wore a Santa hat

3) I am going to bed before 1 a.m. (which is technically tomorrow, right?)

:snowglo: :rudolph: :candy: :tree:

Cowpernia
12-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Sugarrrrr, you did funny stuff!!

What temperature do you Yankees & others keep your houses at? I'm cold.

Bagzz
12-21-2005, 11:24 PM
DarkOrchid[/QUOTE]"]:dizzy: A DUCK BIT YOU ON THE NOSE!! THAT IS MY FAVOURITE SO FAR---here in Canada Miss Cowperns i have the thermostat set at 71 in the daytime and 58 at night--- i like my farenheit inside and my celcius on the outside---today it is minus 12----C----let's have kiwonkers translate that for us-----miss factoidal smarty pants--------------i am trying to wrap gifts and i would like to make an ANNOUNCEMENT---- i have purchased all the bone boxes and would like to mail them,but since i would have to lie about the contents of the boxes i may have to send them from Calais------this will slow delivery somewhat----however,rest assured that the bones are here at the house and will greet you all in the new year----PERFECT O6 HAHAHAHAHAH HHS HHS HHS HHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HHS HHS---------LIKE HUDDA.

Kiwonk
12-21-2005, 11:50 PM
1. Second grade, picture day at at school. I threw up while I was standing in line waiting for my turn. After they cleaned me up they made me have my picture taken anyway.That's so mean. I threw up before a play I was suppose to be in when I was 9 and they let someone else do my part. I was glad, and mad IYKWIM

What temperature do you Yankees & others keep your houses at? I'm cold.68 during the day, ~ 62 at night. Although our bedroom faces the lake and wind whips off the lake turning the room into an ice factory, so it's really about 55 sometimes when it's windy. This morning it was 20 DEGREES BELOW ZERO OUTSIDE AT 7 AM!!!!!

I CAN'T DO FACTOIDS!!!--- i think you drink caffeine because alcohol tastes bad this early--Well, that's true, I suppose. Unless it happens to be a mimosa or a bloody mary:xcheer: . Here's the real connection: my life is all about pee. If it's not about pee, I'm not required. Dog pees on the tree, I'll be the first person on the scene. As a matter of fact, one of the cats leaned into the water bucket holding the :tree: this evening and when I looked over I realized the tree skirt was soaking wet, so I got to franticly pull wrapped gifts out from under there, rescued the tree skirt, threw it in the dryer and directed DH to bring me some wood planks to keep the skirt out of the water. So, not exactly pee, but very similar in that I was once again on the floor cleaning up wet messes.

No wonder I'm pi**ed off most of the time.

Yes I AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM sending cards......:hohoho:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-22-2005, 12:18 AM
You are so mean, you know I can't just pass over a suggestion such as go convert this temperature, I have to actually go do it. I do and I do and I do for you. -12C = 10F And -20F = -29C

When are you going to Calais? I suspect mine will get here pretty quick. The dog sled team has to go practically right by our house to get to the real world from Calais...

Can't you just tell them you're sending bones? I suppose they don't allow those either. How about "Hard shelled cylindrical holiday fun tubes"? "In assorted colors" I'd buy that if I worked for the post office.

Did I tell you about the concert last night? Unbelievable, incredible. My little angel did herself proud. And ~brag brag brag~ she had the biggest solo.... It was one of those deals where she sang a verse, then the chorus joined in, then she sang another verse, etc. etc. She got huge applause. I got it all on video of course. Her grandmother and 2 aunts joined us for the concert. Everyone was blown away. After her piece, the chorus director told the audience who did the solo and added that she had the perfect voice for this song from Appalachia. It did resemble some of the Celtic songs she does, like Loreena McKennit's. The teacher from the dance studio asked her afterwards if she would do a reprise at the dance recital with her friend Jess dancing a solo.

I know I'm being Miss Braggypants, but I am just so happy that she has the confidence to get out there and do these things and develop her talents. As you can probably tell from my various childhood anecdotes, I was too shy and a-skeered to even do the stuff I knew I could do. Performing made me a nervous wreck. When I was a h.s. senior I was taking piano lessons and I was the oldest student of this teacher, so she made me go last in the recital and I had 4 pieces ranging from tricky to difficult to monstrously difficult. I remember the first one was one I had memorized so I could just shoot it off quick without thinking about it -- and good thing too because my hands and fingers were completely numb throughout the entire piece. Fortunately I got the feeling back before I tackled the tougher ones.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Yay for Kiwiette. I know what you mean Braggypants. There are ways that I couldn't cope as a kid that DS is doing well in and I'm sooo relieved. I actually feel VERY PROUD of the parenting I've done with him. I think we're the best parents. Saw Oprah yesterday about these people who work all day, then come home and make dinner, clean the house, etc. while their kids behave very badly. The expert said the kids wanted their attention and doing what they had to do to get it. DS rarely acted that way because the h*ll with the house, I was playing with, reading to, talking to, walking around with him. And the rewards, so far, are so wonderful.

I've said this before I think but I know SEVERAL boys who are really smart and who were at the top of their class, etc., who now do nothing. I know one who doesn't even drive and we don't have public transporation. He doesn't work. Doesn't go to school. Well, I know a bunch of them but most drive. I'm just so glad DS is becoming independent.

In 1st grade (Germany) we had to stand and do this rthym (no idea how that's spelled as it has no vowels) band thing about everyday and I hated the rhythm sticks but had this one morning and wet my pants. Puddle on floor. They sent me to the kitchen where these kindly German ladies took my panties and lay them over the door of the oven to dry. They talked to me all the time to reassure but I was mortified anyhow. Kiwi wasn't there to help.

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Kiwi! How marvelous about DD!!! You Brag away dahlink!!!!!!

1. I hate oatmeal and use to wrap it up in a bunch of paper towels and stick it in my stock to throw it out on my walk to school. This worked only 2x until the oatmeal seeped through and I spent the day walking around with squichy oatmeal down my leg and foot.

2. I peed in my chair in 2nd grade, told Mrs.Potter that I must have sat in a puddle of water. She didn't believe me. I spent the day with a wet hiney.

3. The decimal system still confounds me.

I can't wait fer these hard shelled colorful tubular items.

our house is set fer 68-70 day and 65 at night. When I want DH to build a fire I lower the temp to 60.

Kiwonk
12-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I know one who doesn't even drive and we don't have public transporation. He doesn't work. Doesn't go to school. Well, I know a bunch of them but most drive. I'm just so glad DS is becoming independent.
I have a relative like that -- brilliant and now in his late 20s, completely homebound. In his case I'm sure it is the result of untreated depression or something similar.
In 1st grade (Germany) we had to stand and do this rthym (no idea how that's spelled as it has no vowels) band thing about everyday and I hated the rhythm sticks I always wanted to play the drum or triangle or tambourine, but I always got stuck with the stupid rhythm sticks too. In fact, this is very close to what DH and I were talking about after the concert the other night -- a kid's success seems to require self-confidence on their part, but also they have to have teachers that ask them to put themselves out there and perform. Her chorus teacher has only been here for 2-3 years and if it hadn't been for him, I don't know if DD would have ever sung a solo in a school production, because he has asked all the kids at different times to try solo parts, not just the obvious kids. Her elementary/middle school chorus teacher seemed to consider her a nuisance with nothing to offer, and I've been loving the fact that she sees what DD is doing now and seems a bit dumbfounded by it.
1. I hate oatmeal and use to wrap it up in a bunch of paper towels and stick it in my stock to throw it out on my walk to school. This worked only 2x until the oatmeal seeped through and I spent the day walking around with squichy oatmeal down my leg and foot.:lol3: Lovely! I put an ice cream sandwich in my purse one time when I was about 13 or so. And I actually went on to graduate from high school -- amazing, huh?

Must rescue the pupster from the freezing cold (I set a timer to make she wasn't out there more than 10 minutes or so)

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
12-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Kiwi-- yay for DD! I love choral concerts, even though none of us can sing.

I sit here with wet hair, putting off getting ready for the work Christmas party.

I never threw up or peed at school, but at daycare I had another kind of accident. I was in second grade and it was very humiliating, but I was sick and there was only one bathroom for kids to use and they didn't believe I needed it and someone else was in there....

I think you guys know all the other cool, fascinating things about me. Like, I was an extra in a Johnny Yun movie that never got made.

Must go do hair and makeup and find gift bags for presents for coworkers.

Wabby
12-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Wow. You cows had a lot of issues w/ peeing and barfing when you were kids. :D Just wait. When you get as old as me the peeing becomes an issue again----don't sneeeze!!!!

Whooooooo-hooooooo chicken bones are on the way!!!!!:carrot: You're so sweet Bagzie!:hug: I still haven't gotten my cards sent out.

Kiwi, darlin', you can brag and brag and you still can't be bragging too much about that girl. She's got such talent. I bet you were just bustin' your buttons.

Our house is set for 70 degrees all them time, but in the family room we set the gas fireplace/stove at 74 degrees, but just when we're in there. I'm always cold.

things about me:
1. I was called Joy-the-toy-boy when I was a kid. Don't know why.

2. As a child, I was proud of the fact that my feet were so tough from going barefoot that I could run on gravel.

3. I hate Butterfinger candy bars because I once ate so many that I barfed. (my Aunt gave us her leftover Halloween candy) I can't even stand the smell of them now. Same thing goes for gin - bad barfing experience.

While out and about yesterday I stopped by my parents new house that they were just moving into. Within 10 minutes of talking to my dad I was pissed and had to leave. I do not know how my mother can live with that man. :mad: My sister told me the only thing she wants from me for Christmas is for me to be there Christmas Eve. Sure. Easy for her to say. She's dad's current favorite. grrrrr.

Cowpernia
12-22-2005, 01:00 PM
In high school I had a job in a dime store that sold candy, nuts, and ice cream. I was supposed to put these ice cream things between cookies and get them ready. I dropped on behind the counter, picked it up all covered with DIRT and ... being afraid to tell the boss ... put the other cookie on and popped it in the cooler.

Somebody inspire me to get ready for the girl. DS had the "procrastinator's creed" on the screen this morning. Was it meant for me???

Cowpernia
12-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Wabby .... what is chicken bones are like Butterfingers????? Want to tell Bagz to send them on to me in case?

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I once stole a Schrafts peppermint patty from Kreskis.. a five and dime .. I tried to sneak eat it, but my mother caught me..dang those car rear view mirrors. She made me march into Kreskis, apologize and pay fer it out of MY OWN MONEY..sigh .. It was the first and last thing I stole.

Remind me to tell you the story behind me getting a box of Depends in the mail addressed to "PeePee insert my last name here"

Wabby
12-22-2005, 02:14 PM
DS has a friend who thinks he hilarious. He's always having samples of stuff like Depends, men's - ahem - growth potions, advertisements for other embarassing products sent to DH. I guess it's how he lets us know he loves us. His parents are both gone now so we've sorta adopted him. When he comes over for dinner he always gives me a bottle of Boones Farm wine. Last time it was Wild Island wine. It was florescent pink. He's also been known to give me a coffee cup w/ a picture of a studly man on it, and when you pour hot beverages in it his clothes disappear. You gotta love the kid, he's a total nutcase.

Peach, chicken bones ain't nuttin' like Butterfingers, so keep yer fingers to yourself. no snitchin'.

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 03:44 PM
The first time I got my "eriod P" (as some weird gfren I had would call it). I thought I lost control of my bowels.. This was near immediately after seeing a Girl scout produced film on "blossoming". After the fallopian tube demo, they launched into the hideous thong belty thing, how to secure it with saftey pins and how to "obscure" the ridiculous roll of toilet paper between yer legs. All pretty S & M in hindsite.

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I should delete that last post, but heck why not get my dirty laundry out there eh?.. Whose the first to say TMI?

Cowpernia
12-22-2005, 04:22 PM
What is TMI?

With a schizophrenic mother who had NO mother skills, I got my first eriod P having never heard of such a thing. Was bleeding. Went in to tell her, "Goodbye, I'm dying." She handed me the belt and the pad and told me I'd be doing this the rest of my life. I thought she meant everyday. So when it stopped, I thought again I was dying.

Cherry Cow
12-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Peaches, I shouldn't laugh, but in hindsight, that is pretty funny.

My TMI is that when I decided to switch to tampons, my Dad had to tell me how to use them (through the closed bathroom door, of course.) I was 14. Thanks, Absent Mom, for that bit of humiliation!

Wabby
12-22-2005, 04:58 PM
We had a mortifying mother-daughter "tea" at my grade school. We had to sit thru a movie and afterward we had refreshments. All I remember is being totally embarrassed. When it started, I just used the supplies kept in the bathroom and didn't tell anyone but my best friend, who informed me that Aunt Flo had been visiting for over a year at her house. I felt like such a child. Never talked about it with my mom until probably after I'd had babies.

Lush is probably cringing about now. She doesn't like to talk about period sponges or nuttin'.

I developed really fast and had stretch marks on my br**sts and I thought I had br**st cancer for over a year. I never told a soul about it - I would have rather died than talked about boobies at that age.

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 05:08 PM
I suffered thru my first day saying nothing..then in true DRAMATIC fashion ran into my mothers bedroom (hyperventiling natch) saying I LOST CONTROL OF MY BOWELS!!!! LOOK! LOOK AT THESE UNNAHWEAH!! My sister on the other hand kept it a secret..ho hum she got hers before me.. and no one knew.

Cowpeach..I'm laughing and totally understand.. its like you hit my funny bone darlin..

Cowpernia
12-22-2005, 05:51 PM
If nobody tell sme what TMI means I'm coming through the monitor and grabbing those chicken bones.

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Ok I'm on a roll now: I can't BAKE..There I said it! I have deluded myself over the years. I every so often Christmas attempt to bake cookies or a pie.. disaster ensues.

I just took out a batch of peanut butter blossom cookies.. they weren't even in fer the minimum time... THEY ARE BURNT. DH sauntered out of the bedroom (sequestered there since I must have my holiday music on and REFUSE to listen to Lou Dobbs today ) Sniffing the air --quite drolling said: Ya tried to bake something didn't ya heh heh heh..." FRICKAFRACKing I went, as I proceeded to scrap and chip the stupid PB blossoms into the Garbage and PUT away all the eggs and Butter..sigh
PS Wabby: I too got stretch marks .. I began to develop in 3rd grade.. and thought I had TUMORS.

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Peachie: Too Much Information!

Bagzz
12-22-2005, 08:55 PM
wow---such christmassy messages today------------eriod P sponge person will be advertising in no time-----THE BONES ARE PINK CINNAMON HARD CANDY ON THE OUTSIDE AND CHOCOLATE ON THE INSIDE------------ I REALLY WANT TO MAIL THEM FROM CANADA BUT I AM SCARED------------MY MOM GOES TO CALAIS EVERY WEEK,SO STAY TUNED----I HAVE SIX KIDS AND HAVE WRAPPED NOTHING----SHOULD I JUST FORGET IT???

Schatzi
12-22-2005, 09:01 PM
make them close their eyes and guess...

Cowpernia
12-22-2005, 09:40 PM
what does your mom do in Calais???? Does she have a beau?

Buy those Christmas bags. Your mom can get them at Walmart in Calias and thorw the stuff in those.

NOW THIS IS SERIOUS>>> DS's gf came over and she is perfffect. Adorable. Speaks 6 languages. 3 conversationally. German is one. ANDNDNDNDND she has decided she has finisehd high school and will be leaving for college at the end of the month. This is too sad. What I picked up is that she lives with aunt and uncle and is a Cinderella child. Has to do all the cooking and everything. Wants to move out. But she's so sweet and we just met her !!!!

Cowpernia
12-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Now it is morning. No one posted all night so I have nothing to read here.

I feel such a sense of loss!! I just met this girl and now she's going away and she's soooooooooo sweet, I just want her to move in. Plus, DS is as quiet as ever and I don't know what his plans are. He didn't tell me she finished highschool, for example. I don't know if he's thinking about going to the college where she'll be and, if so, I worry that she'll meet another guy before he gets there. Worry worry worry.

I tag Bagz to post.

Bagzz
12-23-2005, 12:06 PM
tag i am it=--i am just dropping in to say hello and tell cowpern --congrats on the nice gf-----what a treat for you to like her and for ds to have a fab first gf-----don't worry----like i tell you ====i always worry and so will you--i have to go back to the shop----still busy and need to take advantage of it---merry christmas!!

Bagzz
12-23-2005, 12:07 PM
by the way---KIWONKERS----SO HAPPY TO HEAR ALL THE HOOPLA ABOUT YOUR BEAUTIFUL GIRL-----OF COURSE I AM JEALOUS BUT I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND FOR HER----I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO HEAR THE AUDIO OF HER SINGING THAT APPALACIAN SONG!!!ANY CHANCE SHE CAN LOAD IT ON TO HER SPACE??

Cherry Cow
12-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Yay for great first girlfriends. DS16 is very secretive about that sort of thing, but I don't think he's had a serious girlfriend yet.

Wabby
12-23-2005, 01:35 PM
It's crunch time cows. I guess it may be valentines cards for you.

This is the first year that I really have run out of time. I'm in a panic. Ppl wil be coming to my house tonight. I'm not ready. aaaaaarrrrghhhh. Oh well. If they wanted perfection they'd know to pass us by. There will be an adequate supply of drinks and munchies. No fancy desserts and appetizers. I will still be wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve. I will be shopping for food on Christmas Eve. And Christmas will come anyway. Can you cowsies just imagine how wonderful next Christmas will be with a baby in the house??? I can't wait.

Oh Cowper, a Cinderella for your handsome prince! She sounds wonderful.

Bagzie, I now understand how my mil could just throw all the presents on the bed and let all the kids dive for whichever ones they wanted. This happened the first year I was dating DH - there were 9 kids in his family and it was total chaos! I remember being shocked - my family was pretty tame compared to DH's. Of course there were only six kids in my family. Next year we should hire a kid to do wrapping. I kinda like Schatzi's idea, though...

Schatzi, don't give up. Try parchment paper on your baking pans, or those silpat thingies. I think the secret to my cookie baking is my old crusty pans.

I'll be back.....

Cowpernia
12-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Wabby, you are totally fogiven for not sending cards. Even if I were sending them, I'd say that.

DS, of course, is thinking seriously about going to the college where the gf is going. She's going Jan. 1, I think which is tooooo sad. Anyway, today in the mail, he got mail from them. "Stuff to fill out," he said, AND a page front/back on their math department. How timely.

I have to go think about that hat.

SugP
12-23-2005, 04:31 PM
My Menstrual History (avery your eyes, Lushy!): I got my eriod P for the first time when I was on holiday with my family in Austria visiting my grandparents. I was sort of clued in and when I went to my mum she was just thrilled and told EVERYONE in sight that I had become a woman. Then she ran to the pharmacy to get the necessary items. I was mortified, of course.

Kiwi- your dd is just amazing! You can really be proud. And she does have the perfect voice for singing those Appalachian (sp?) songs. Can't wait to buy her first CD and tell people I know someone famous.

Peachy - Teen drama! How wonderful that you liked the girl right away, but how sad that she's taking off so soon. But if it's meant to be, it will work out. When does ds finish high school? Would this also be the college of your choice? Do you think you need to start leafing through bridal magazines for a mother of the groom dress? :D

Schatzi! Maybe it's not fabulous you, but your oven preventing you from baking those golden brown cookies? My oven always takes longer so it's hard to burn stuff, but I've done it a few times too.

Bagzieeeeeeee! Are you sellin' lots and lots of stuff?

Wabby - Aww, you're such a good hostess, Wabs, I'm sure everyone will have a lovely time. Wow, throwing all the presents on the bed sounds like an interesting idea. I haven't even started wrapping stuff, but I only have two kids so it's not like it's going to take me hours.

Cherry - Thank goodness you have such a wonderful dad to make up for the absent mom.

AND...where I come from, chicken bones actually ARE like Crispy Crunch - little brown logs of sponge toffee. No pink, no cinnamon, no chocolate. Must be a West Coast thing.

Wabby
12-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Ok, my Christmas Cows! Have a lovely holiday! I'm closing this place early, one more stop at the grocery store and I'm ready for some celebrating. :xcheer:

I hope each and everyone of you has a wonderful Christmas!!! 'bye!!!XOXOXO!!!:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :coolsnow: :coolsnow: :coolsnow: :clause:

Cowpernia
12-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Chicken bones must be a Canadian thing no matter how they're made.

I also want to hear Kiwiette sing. Send CDs !!!!

DS is out of school in May. The college is very good. I think it would be a great choice for him. I have cousins who are alumni and who praise it and support it. This is without anyone else bringing it up .. they just love the school. So ... money is the focus for me but I think it can work.

I gave all the chocolate to DS but he's eating it and it's really mine, you know. Besides it's laying around in his room in plain sight so I'm sampling.

PainterWoman
12-24-2005, 03:13 AM
You have been busy busy writing and reminiscing. I can't remember what y'all know about me.
1. I was Posture Queen in 9th grade. The kid in front of me thought the placque said Pasture Queen. Let's hear it for cows.
2. I made a mean martini in 2nd grade and never thought a think of it. Preferred Gibsons, actually, because olives were better than onions.
3. Took a math course at Caltech (also in 9th grade). That may have been the apex of my academic career.

Best to all.... I don't know what you all think about the "reason for the season" but I'm pretty sure that being FRAZZLED is not required. Let's relax, count our blessings and BE blessings, OK?

Schatzi
12-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Juat popping in real quick to wish you all a wonderful holiday! Wishing you all that makes your heart glad and makes you smile Mooettes!

SugP
12-24-2005, 08:45 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS, DARLINGS!

Hope you all have a good one, however you choose to celebrat. Or not celebrate.

Our Christmas starts this evening and the kids can hardly wait to open their gifts. Ds9 has been driving me nutz all day. I am just about to cut his hair. That should shut him up a bit.

In-laws aren't coming over until tomorrow so we have about 24 more hours of peace on earth.

I think I'm developing a cold on top of my cold. Is it possible to reinfect yourself? If it is, I've done it. Bleh. Cup of coffee and lots of ibuprofen are in order.

Kiwonk
12-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Advice for Schatzi: Get an oven thermometer. And only use shiny pans (you'll have to grease or bake on parchment/silpat). Dark pans burn absolutely everything you bake on them (yeah, I know, some people must have good luck with them, but I never have).

Oh Bagzie, you went and described the chicken bones...you're killing me. :T I am drooling. Up till now I have always thought of them in the abstract "ah those will be lovely". Now I will need a bib to control the drooling until I get some.

Gift bags! I just realized that I don't have to wrap a dingdang thing if I don't want to, I have a huge bag of giftbags! Yay!!

Good god, I have to fix a cheese plate for tonight, make dip and veggies for tomorrow, wrap all the family's gifts (hehheh in gift bags), take a shower, find something not hideous to wear and be out of here by 5:30. Not to mention all those cards I haven't written or sent. :bb:

We had the BF over last night for homemade eggnog and we had a great time. We sat around going "we should play a game" and not doing anything (the kids suggested we play Scrabble in French -- they're such geeks). I decided we were going to play Taboo because no one will ever play that with me and DDsBF is too polite to object and DD doesn't want to be argumentative in front of him, so we played Taboo. :s: Anyway we had so much fun, it was a non-stop hoot. We were all hoarse by the end of the evening. The homemade eggnog was eggcellent.

Ohh, yes, Sugar, I think you can re-infect yourself. I've taken to washing my hands incessantly when I have a cold. Good luck, I hope you can enjoy the celebrations!

:candy: It's already Christmas in SugarPlum land! Well, Christmas Eve at least. :tree:

:clause: :gift2: :hohoho: A Happy Christmas to All and to All a Good Night! :stardav: :snowglo: :newyear:

Bagzz
12-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Merry Christmas My Cowfriends---you Are All Lovely And I Love You All!!! Xoxoxoxo Santa Is Coming Tonight!! Xoxoxo Off To The Gift Bags And The Eggnog And The Rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cowpernia
12-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Good morning all you sweetiecowpies. I woke up this morning in love with the word!!!!!!!

This is written in cyanide, my fav poison from when we made our own color names.

I HAVE FIGURED OUT SOMETHING

BAGZ MUST LEAD US TO THINDOM. She is only thin person here. IF I wanted to be led to neatdom, I'd pick Shots or Painty ... but who cares about that, I want to be cute and sexy like Bagz. Soo.... Bagz tell us what to do. What is the menu??

I also want Kiwi's hair so she can lead us to that. the poison names did not workkekekekeke

Cowpernia
12-26-2005, 01:07 PM
These things are on my mind:

Emailed my friend who is acting weird since being dumped by internet guy. She replied she since met another internet guy and in going three states away to spend the whole New Year's weekend with him. Disturbing. She's over 50.
DS's gf has given him some stuff (not much) that she doesn't want to take to college with her. Appears she doesn't consider the house she lives in as her home. She's going to college early to get away from it. I'm worried about HER and about HIM. Worried how he'll deal when she's gone and worried why she's not with her parents and if she feels uncared for by adults.

DS got up early (8:00), showered and left. I asked where he was going. "to town." What town? No answer. Was he going to see gf? Maybe. I am meeting him (and her I hope) at 1:00 for a walk on this board-walk-over-a-swamp near where he works. I am bringing hot cocoa because I am the mom.

Bagzz
12-26-2005, 02:09 PM
what a nice boy to take a walk with mother on boxing day---maybe you should offer the gf to finish highschool by staying and boarding with YOU----now how weird could that be!!!remember ONE thing---i have learned that no matter how much you THINK you know,you barely know the HALF of it----and this is even with kids who TALK===they know what to leave out!!!you are a grand darling for bringing cocoa-----now i would like to make a cake called Brandy Tart that has a rum or brandy sauce===it has dates in it as well and sounds very rich and divine===i said i would LIKE to make it but i fear i will not==============thinking of seeing "the family stone" with the dd's this evening---HAPPY BOXING DAY!!!--OH YES--- MY ROIDS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE. JUST IN CASE YOU NEEDED TO KNOW.

Cowpernia
12-26-2005, 03:59 PM
I was going to go see
The Family
Stone with ds yesterday Why is this moving down a line? Buttttt ... it was cold and all so he saw something else with the gf.

What is he leaving out Bagzzz/????? and how will we get thin???? She didn't come to the walk so I gave him the thermos of cocoa to take to work.

PainterWoman
12-27-2005, 03:48 AM
I wanna be thin, too... Which is why I have the semi-acceptable but still ZAFTIG avatar. I bought a new book called The Right Weigh. We'll see. I've heard that before. CowPeach is SO wrong if she thinks I'm neat. Gotcha fooled!

Has anybody SEEN the Family Stone? It made MY DS so sentimental, he called me with sniffles. Wanted to make sure I was OK.... I'm sure most of us don't know the half of "it." And it's just as well. My parents were nosy nuts and they got more than they bargained for and it didn't do anybody any good! Maybe it has to do with how smart the parents are. Mine didn't handle any information well.

If my DD ever marries, I don't want to be out of breath walking down the aisle... or worse yet, I don't want to be wheeled in!! Must. Get. In. Decent. Shape.

Cherry Cow
12-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Merry Holidays! I left on the day before Christmas Eve and got back last night, so I missed the 3fc festivities. People should start getting the cards I sent soon.

Now that we have been back in the states for almost seven years, I know what Christmas is really all about. It's all about driving seven hours with quarrelling kids to a house where they don't like you and don't serve food you like in order to open presents under a microscope to be judged for years to come. Sorry, do I sound a bit cynical? We might have to have a do-over this coming weekend. Maybe that's the point of New Year's Eve.

Perfect 2006 is coming along splendidly. It's a precursor to OMG It's My High School Reunion 2007. (Will be my 18th, but it's a big all-years reunion to celebrate my school's 50th anniversary and it will be in ITALY!! Which is where my school is, so that makes sense.)

Sug P- I saw your post on your blog. I'm sorry your Christmas was worse than mine.

Schatzi
12-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Yes yes we must all get thin and fit in 2006! What ? Poison names? I missed that ... is this how Bagzz became so verrry svelt? I am a roll about mass of blubber. DH got me L comfy clothes... They show every chocolate bar and nut I've ever eaten. must get XL ..how sad for me....
My MIL and BIL left yesterday for NJ, I am a blubbering mass of tears..how I miss my MIL..I love her so dearly. sigh...it sux to be so far away..

Cherry darlin I got yer card.. thanks for the chuckle I LUVED IT..

must go and do the RETURNS..

Wabby
12-27-2005, 12:02 PM
OK. I'm ready to be thin and fit too. Right after I eat myself to oblivion on that cruise ship. Until I go sailing away I'm going to try to behave myself.

Poor Cherry-O. It doesn't sound like a very jolly holiday. I actually had a wonderful Christmas this year. I think it's because I'm finally older and wiser. At least I get something positive with the older. I visited my parents early in the day on Christmas Eve and then went back home to enjoy the holiday w/ the ppl who love me most - my kiddos and husband. And a few of our adopted young adults who have no parents around. Same on Christmas day... and our Christmas dinner was bbq'd salmon and baked ziti and caesar salad. unconventional but it's what we love to eat.

Schatzi, how wonderful you miss your MIL. We lost my MIL in 1983. She was only 52. I always wonder how our relationship would have evolved.

I'm going to see Memoirs of a Geisha w/ DD and DDIL on wednesday. Ooo. that's tomorrow. The holiday has me discombobulated.

Good lord we had fun on the friday after work casual party. Lots of friends stopped by and a good time was had by all.

Guess I'd better see what needs doing around here.... and I need to read Sugar's blog... it can't be worse than driving 7 hrs. w/ quarreling kids... can it?

Cowpernia
12-27-2005, 12:49 PM
I just need to hug you all and give you all sugar-free hot cocoa and warm afghans to snuggle under while you watch Connie & Carla. Have you all seen that movie? Get it and watch it if not. It makes me smile and smile and laugh and sing and dance.

Schatzi
12-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Connie and Carla and the Family Stone...never heard of either..will need to keep my eyes peeled...

Wabby. I'm sooo glad you had a wonderful holiday!
Sug: I'm glad you are creating a new tradition in your cozy home.. and hope the best for DF..
KIWI: oooh how I love to play board games..Taboo must have been a hoot! And thanks for the tip on the baking tins.. I used PAM to make the Xmas day rolls, even though it said "ungreased" pan..and they came out delightfully golden!

So much fer returns today... I tried to use my new hair straightner doo dad and it be broken.. so I need the receipt from DH...and I tried on these work out clothes he bought me--again too tight...AND WHAT THE HECK IS WITH putting stripes on the sides of pants???? Sure, I bet they are stunning if you have a purrrfect bod..but when you are FAT the lines on the hips become hugh semi circular then a broken line as it tucks under the fat between yer hips and thighs.UGH! not pretty, not pretty at all... so those gotta go back to ... I will continue to wear my blubber huggin spandexy calf length black ones with huge oversized tshirts fer now... Painty, I'm tired of being zaftig and rubenesque myself.. M.u.s.t. g.e.t f.i.t. this year!!! well, I have thoroughly depressed and disgusted myself.. I think I'll go chew on a carrot or somethin healthy.

Cowpernia
12-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Connie & Carla is on video .. old.
Family Stone is newly in theatres.

I want a hair straightener too/They run from $30 to $200 and what I've read on the internet is the $30 work as well but quit working after a few weeks.

I am boring myself.

Wabby
12-27-2005, 04:05 PM
You're not boring me. I'm fascinated. I can't imagine wanting to straighten hair. I've spent so much of my life trying to coax a little curl into mine.

I went home for lunch. I ate leftover ziti. I'm slowly eating my way thru the holiday leftovers. I gave away the last of the chocolates here at work to a truckdriver who delivered some stuff. My new good habit for the week is to take my vitamins and calcium every day and drink more water.

Now I'm boring me.

Schatzi
12-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Cowie, you are not boring.. and Wabby's not either.. I get unbored by reading cow posts.

the carrot is not doin it for me.:carrot: nor does this carrot . I feel like a Marquarita.. but I have no tequila, nor do I have margie mix..or maybe a kahlua and milk... CRAPDRAT! I have no hard liquor here at all..hmmm, perhaps I'll have a cup of cocoa instead...

Now I have bored myself...

Wabby
12-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Well you didn't bore me.

Hot cocoa.... w/ peppermint schnaps.

I bet Bagzie is at the shop marking down all the leftover Christmas stuff and loading up on touristy stuff for the spring season.

I would like to stay home and clean closets. I'm having my usual post Christmas purge urge.

Cowpernia
12-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I posted but it wouldn't load. I will try again. *deep breath*

When I lived in Hollywood one time in a studiio apartment, I got a call on my birthday from a college friend. I was so touched that she had remembered me on that day but NOOOO she had no idea it was my birthday. She was calling to say she was coming to Hollywood to spend the summer with me.

I explained that I lived in one room and while I'd love her to visit the whole summer seemed out of the question. She didn't see why so I said I was dating and what if I had a guy over.

She said in a thick Southern accent "Are you a pros-ta-tute?"

This same line appears in Carla and Connie which is a very funny movie.

Now someone else tell a story.

Wabby
12-27-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't have any funny stories because I've never lived in places like Hollywood. I've lived in the same ol' place, married as a child, and done nothing exciting since.... and I'm not complaining either---- that's jus the facts, Jack.

Wabby
12-27-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm working on getting to the 1400 post milestone. I believe this makes 1377.

Cowpernia
12-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Has anyone everyone paid attention to Fly's new plan to de-junk ourselves? You print out this piece of paper (one per day) and color in the spaces when you eat well, exercise, sleep, etc. It's worth a look. Do a search on Flylady. It's dot net. (But WARNING WARNING WARNING. She will tell you to clean your house!!!! So if it's clean, don't be shocked.)

PainterWoman
12-28-2005, 02:49 AM
I am only going to "work" at one thing at a time. right now it is revving up motivation to move away from FAT (Zaftig and Rubenesque are euphemisms for me...) and get to, um, ambulatory, flexible and fit.

My post-cancer meds arrived in the mail today. I realized I am fearful of what they will do to me. The doc says they're "like" chemo but without the side effects... BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT THE LABEL SAYS. Yuck. I don't want to be fatigued or have my digestive system in a knot any more. But I can't do anything about that... and I do want the possiblly preventive benefits of the meds.

So, exercise and more vegetable matter.

Cowie, your story wins for today.
I'm planning to post more often, but that probably means shorter.

Stay warm, yall.

Schatzi
12-28-2005, 07:32 AM
aw Painty.. I hope that the meds sit well with you.. just think though, you are through it and this is POST tx... :hug:

Cowie: I went to this Fly Lady site.. methinks the fly lady needs to declutter her bad self.. she's a might chubby... and she must declutter that website..Jeez, it was making me feel a might jittery lookin at all the crap on that site...MEOW..I think I will try System Goddess instead...does System Goddess have something like Turn yerself into a Goddess program? Where do I sign up.

Wabby: I know this hair straighter thingie is strange, since I got a perm to PUT body into my hair..It's just that when I try it it looks a tad frizzy, so I like to curl it to smooth it out but get the body that a perm gives me.. "Mr Lyn" used a straightner on me, and I loved the look, so I put it on my Xmas list.. Thankfully DH did all his Xmas shopping in 1 area..so I won't have to run hither dither..

Must g.e.t CAWFEE! and do my daily crossword puzzle... then I will brave the stores and do massive returns.

Cowpernia
12-28-2005, 09:13 AM
The form I was talking bout on Fly's page is called Body Clutter Investigator.

I wish I could return. I've been wearing an LL Bean robe for years. After a while you just get tired of these things but anyway I recently spilled bleach on it. So I told my friend in Cal who exchanges gifts with me and she sent me a cute pink terrycloth one with rubber duckies on it. It's only knee length. If I don't adjust it right, it's above the knees in the back and not what I need at all. Whaaaa.

Kiwonk
12-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I posted but it wouldn't load. I will try again. *deep breath*:bravo: I salute you for taking a deep breath and rewriting your post. Because I know how frustrating it can be.

What a great story! I can't imagine an occasion when I will get to use that line, but I will look for one.

Here's how lucky I am: DDsBF came over yesterday to see her new violin; then they went to his house to work on show choir music; before dinnertime DD called to see what we were doing for dinner (I was making pesto) and she brought him home for dinner again. He brought us a basket of grapefruit. Then we all watched a movie (The Interpreter). I feel very lucky, because I honestly pictured her first boyfriend as a nightmare of worry and curfews and sneakiness ("I'm spending the night at SusieQ's house...").

That's not a funny story, but I seem to be fresh out.

I got a new desk chair for Christmas from DD. I haven't put it together yet. DH got me dog toys and photo supplies just like I asked. I think there was a big present too which I can't think of.

We have to go to the inlaws this afternoon for dinner at 4:30 and a scotch auction where we're not allowed to bring our own presents because MIL is providing them for us. :rolleyes: Really not fair, what if I want to get rid of my stuff? Because that's what it really is, a re-gifting event. Fun to do, but the result is we come home with more junk than we left with. Maybe I'll wrap something up and sneak it into the pile and swear on my life that I didn't bring anything.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-28-2005, 01:15 PM
The doc says they're "like" chemo but without the side effects... BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT THE LABEL SAYS. Yuck. Durn doctors. I hope he's right, though.

Good grief, Wabbit, I just looked at my post number and I'm way over 2000! How the heck did that happen? Oh yeah, you don't post on weekends. That must be it. :eek:

I agree with you about Flylady, Schatzi. I haven't subscribed to her in a long time, because frankly she clutters up your inbox with crap!! And if you complain, she tells you to delete it. Now that would work for organized people -- you delete the ones you don't need, just like you toss out the junk you don't need. So what about disorganized people, for chrissakes? I just went to website and I didn't see anything I wanted to follow. You can sign up for System Goddess if you want. There is in fact a system, but you have to come up with your own to-do list. And there's almost no activity on the mailing list. There's another one that might be more useful -- Motivated Moms. I'll PM you with the links in a minute.

Y'know, LLBean might just replace your old robe for you, Peachie, since you spilled bleach on it. DD had an LLBean backpack that she loved, but one of the zippers broke. It was grimy looking, but they replaced it anyway. I suppose a bleach spilled isn't exactly the same thing :dunno:

Kiwi

Wabby
12-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Kiwi, count your blessings, dearie. I still have nightmares over those teenage years w/ my kids. Would you pm me w/ the motivated moms address? I could use a little motivation these days. I'm working on cleaning up this mess of an office this week. Time to clean out files and start fresh.

Painty, I'm sorry you have to start up w/ a new round of meds. It does seem to go on doesn't it? I hope your Doc is right about not making you feel icky. Now this is it, right?

I don't have a single return to make. All my presents were one size fits all. A new watch from DH, wine glasses and a beautiful fruit bowl from DD, a fancy bar set from DS & DIL. All one size fits all. This morning one of our customers dropped off a Starbucks gift of assorted coffee and chocolate and also a coffee card. I find myself eating chocolates once again. So much for my willpower. They're chocolate covered cherries. I promised myself I'd eat more fruits and vegetables.

PainterWoman
12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
So far, post tx tx is OK. Nothing overt. Thanks for y'all's kind concern.

I am discouraged... even with visualization and hope/determination to a) lose weight b) grow business c) be more diligent re house/home work it seems like TOO MUCH TO ASK of myself. You know... like going up one of those hills in a VW when you needed 18 gears and a brand new clutch.

I don't want to defeat myself right off the bad. I guess if the "problem" is self-defeating behavior, I am the only one who could fix it. Jeez. But if you were a self-defeating person and are now past it, clues would be welcome.

I think I'm thirsty... and then off to a big salad.
More veggies. More veggies. More veggies.

Cherry Cow
12-28-2005, 09:54 PM
I know what you mean, Painty-- I'm "self-defeating" and I don't know why. I want to overcome that-- to make my health more important than how good something tastes.

Kiwonk
12-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I am not past it. Any clues welcome.

WARNING: INLAW RANT::present:
Good grief, I picked #1 in the scotch auction, which in this family meant that I got pick of all the gifts at the very end of the thing. I hate that. I don't want to have pick of the gifts, I just want to disappear into the crowd. My MIL traded with what I had, which was pretty bad, and gave me a very coveted gift (she always does this, and I really don't want the "wonderful" item). But her sister was agitating behind me about how much she wanted it, so I made her trade with me when it was her turn. Unfortunately that left me with a light-up, singing nativity scene. I kid you not. I was not planning to bring that horror home, so I traded for a vase and kitchen towel. I hope the woman I did that to isn't mad at me. DD kept the gift she opened -- a tape measure with a level in it. She actually thought it was just great. Then we found out it wouldn't retract. Um...thanks a bunch whoever...

Oh yeah, we were delayed a few minutes getting there because of a traffic tieup where someone had gone off the road into a ravine, and everyone had started eating already. And the dinner wasn't where they had said it was :rolleyes: -- it was supposed to be at the MIL's, but no one was there, so we went to the SIL's. And the garlic bread we were instructed to bring was entirely unnecessary, and it was too late to heat it anyway. 4:30. Too late. Now I'm starving.

I LOVE MY INLAWS I LOVE MY INLAWS.....:rollpin:

Sugar I was going to put a comment in your blog this afternoon, but my keyboard crapped out. So sorry that your father's health is so worrisome. I sure hope things get better.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Kiwi, these were ALL family members? They were bringing cheap gifts. Too cheap. Non working tape. Singing nativity. I went to one of those at work once and the people all wanted and mostly brought singing/lighting up junk. There was this hateful woman who really wanted a lighting up village house so I got it and kept it and never used it. It sounds horrible. My advice in the future is to buy those lighting up/singing things and and, if you win one, bring it back next year. Poor Kiwi. I don't know what to say about the dinner being moved and not waiting for you. You wouldn't want to show up early just to be sure. Maybe you could forget to bring a gift and not take part in that exchange? Anyway ... during the upcoming year, look for the perfect gift. One of those singing reindeer heads would be great, I think.

Schatzi
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Kiwi; That is just sooooo wrong!! The whole thing is WRONG! From the change in locations without notification, to not holding dinner, to having you bring unnecessary bread, to that hideous trashy junk pollyanna!!!! I Protest this TREATMENT!!!!:tantrum: :censored: :censored: I know that you were gracious and bit yer tongue... BUT the crap endured by Kiwi and the Kiwi Klan is NOT RIGHT!!!! I wouldn't partake of that crappy crap christmas exchange..Jeez Louise, put a $10.00 limit on something !!! or even 5.. Dollar stores are great fer that kind a stuff!!! I'm incensed by this travesty.

Does pumpkin pie count as a vegetable serving?

Wabby
12-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Is this scotch auction thing like a white elephant exchange? I'd suggest everyone switch to bringing a bottle of scotch, then you could exchange and everyone would be happy. I've noticed that some ppl have no problem w/ being rude and disrespectful of other's feelings. Family. gotta love 'em.

Painty - I'm not past it either. no advice regarding changing self defeating behavior here. Why do I lose and gain the same 30 lbs. every couple of years? don't know. Why do I spend so much time being p*ssed at my dad? don't know. sigh.

Schatzi - of course pumpkin pie counts as a veggie.... and the whipped cream counts as a dairy serving. good girl. :cp:

My exterminator hero is coming today to pick up his traps. Mission accomplished. Extermination complete.

I found one pair of shorts in the store yesterday. They were Ralph Lauren and they cost $58. crazy. I just couldn't bring myself to buy them. I guess I'll just have to wear mumus on the cruise. I have 2 pair of shorts that I can barely squeeze into.... and yet I continue to dig goodies out of the freezer that I put in there so I wouldn't keep eating them.... toffee butter cake tastes good frozen... now what were we saying about self defeating behavior?????:sorry:

Kiwonk
12-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Kiwi, these were ALL family members? ..... My advice in the future is to buy those lighting up/singing things and and, if you win one, bring it back next year. Poor Kiwi. I don't know what to say about the dinner being moved and not waiting for you. You wouldn't want to show up early just to be sure. Maybe you could forget to bring a gift and not take part in that exchange? Anyway ... during the upcoming year, look for the perfect gift. One of those singing reindeer heads would be great, I think.Oh yes, all family members, all 16 of them. Representing only a portion of the actual relatives on DH's side of the family. Can't forget to bring a gift: I'm not allowed to bring our own gifts to exchange!!! My MIL insists on wrapping up enough for all of us, she won't let me bring any! (Apparently it's okay for me to bring food they don't need...)
Is this scotch auction thing like a white elephant exchange? I'd suggest everyone switch to bringing a bottle of scotch, then you could exchange and everyone would be happy. Oh my god, I wish. Teetotallers, almost all of them. DH's parents and sister especially (which is where these are held). I guess exchanging junk is an alcohol substitute... :devil:

Don't feel too sorry for me, I'm used to this stuff. I just have to rant about it sometimes. They love to do this amongst the older generation (there were 13 siblings in MIL's family and many of them are right in this area). I would rather not be included, but DH has a big bug up his arse about participating in family activities when we stay home for Christmas (probably in retaliation for the other years when I drag him to my family's stuff in NC). I have to admit I would rather spend time with my family -- I'm used to the traditions there and they make sense to me. But I like the in-laws in general; they're good people -- I would rather hang out with them than deal with my late father's clan -- They do everything perfectly and beautifully but manage to make you feel unwelcome anyway. I haven't bothered to visit them on a holiday in years; it just makes me feel horrible, so what's the point?

Families. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

Kiwi

Wabby
12-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Everyone needs to read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. It's my new favorite book. really, really good book. really.

Word on the family, Kiwi. We gave Grandpa Jim a box of all kinds of fancy schmancy food that he loves but is very expensive. Smoked fish, fancy garlic stuffed olives.... stuff like that. I included a hard salami that he always has loved. He gave it back to DH, insisting that it was past the pull date... the pull date was 2006, but he kept insisting it said 2005 on it. At the same time, he went on and on about the Christmas card he got from DH's flaky brother who disappears for years at a time and takes absolutely no responsibility for Grandpa Jim...... really ticked DH off..... and that's our crazy family. :dizzy:

Cherry Cow
12-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Oh man, Kiwi and Wabby, you guys have interesting in-laws too. Sorry about that. I know how it is.

Today I had the humiliating experience of trying to find something relatively formal for New Year's Eve. The size Ls and 16s that I wore last year don't fit. I'm officially out of regular stores now. It's all Lane Bryant from now on. Even though Ws look like tents on me. I need a tent.

I'm just depressed. I have no idea what I'm going to wear for New Year's Eve. It has to be fairly formal.

I hope this is finally the straw that breaks me. I can't keep gaining weight. (Though I have lost some since giving up dairy.) I still think a major part of the problem is that I have not accepted that this is how I look, so it's hard to accept that I have to completely change my life.

But tonight I'm having a lovely dinner of tomatoes and butterbeans.

Sigh-- I meant to be less self-centered, but shopping today really threw me for a loop.

PainterWoman
12-30-2005, 02:50 AM
Greetinks
Cherry... I don't know where you are in MO, but Macy's and Dillard's have good Women's departments... and I've found even at Lane Bryant, if you get a good bra (DH calls mine a "cleavage maker"!!) and something lowcut, nobody will say anything negative. Sad, but true... and reliable. We know that when Oprah was "up there" she still had fancy schmancy formal wear... you can do it, too!!

Kiwi.. So the relatives are a little passive agressive about the ones who "marry-in"?!! The Eyetalian bunch I was related to for a while were like that. I don't think they could help themselves... as even though I've been divorced from the Child King for 18 years, they keep in touch and are generally friendly.

As for the Scotch/Chinese/White Elephant exchange... it's important that people know the underlying/unwritten rules... It is SUPPOSED to be "the worse the better"? or who got the neatest thing for under $xxx? or who will act the most out of character really trying to get the best gift? I've done it each way and they're fine... BUT MIXING THEM UP is pretty embarrassing.

Although, there was the white elephant exchange with a bunch of therapists, who happened to also be mostly gay men... there were some lesbians, and (it's a long story) me, one of two token straight people. The weirder the better, and almost always somebody really LIKED it! Had a ball, myself, but DH isn't so keen on those gatherings.

Wabbs, Sorry that GP Jim is so ornery (and near sighted). Can't help wondering what people really get out of insisting they are right even when everyone argues with them.

I'm going to get a glass of water and go to bed.
TTFN

Kiwonk
12-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I feel your pain, Cherry. It is depressing. Of course the only way to overcome it for any particular occasion is to plaster on a positive attitude and plunder (blunder?) forth into the department stores. Do you have to wear a dress -- because I think a pair black velvet pants is formal enough for a lot of New Year's Eve parties. That's as far as my thought process has gone though.

Kiwi.. So the relatives are a little passive agressive about the ones who "marry-in"?!! I suppose that could be part of it. In fact, I should probably just accept that it is. I've seen them treat other in-laws with that combination of affection and rejection (for lack of more accurate terms...and they rhyme...), so there's no reason why I should be any different. I have a tendency to be blind to that sort of thing directed toward me.

I am more p-o'ed than usual about the inlaws today because I've really had enough of them. After the ridiculous scotch auction the other night I learned that my SIL was going to take back the Christmas present that I picked out for her. She wanted "another" hand mixer: she has replaced them with regularity because she uses them so hard. She makes a lot of cookies and such and really needs a solid sturdy stand mixer, but no, she wanted another hand mixer. I insisted to DH that if we just gave her a good stand mixer and she tried it, she would be so happy with it that she'd keep it. So I gave her one similar to mine. I know it's good, I've had it for years and I wouldn't give it up unless someone handed me a free Kitchenaid... She won't even try it. It'll take up too much room, it's more than she needs, and more bullshit. Please note this is the same person who has made DH and me gorgeous handmade quilts 3 times for Christmases when she has said we shouldn't exchange gifts between the adults that year. I guess that is the very definition of passive aggressive. It just seems like a lot of work to go through to one-up someone...

So anyway yesterday we (DH, DD and I) took her and a friend who is visiting her to the movies. We saw the new Narnia movie, which was awesome I must say. Everyone should go see it. We had a really nice time, everybody enjoyed the movie, and we were talking about it on the ride home. And then instead of assuming that we were all sentient human beings, SIL started in on the religious symbolism of the movie. Considering that we had already talked about C.S. Lewis's Christianity, it was just sort annoying to me that she felt she had to explain exactly what the plot meant, religiously. Made me want to be really ugly. I was not. Instead I'm unleashing on you all. Because you understand. right?

Kiwi

P.S. I have written that title down, Wab. Just the title and author's name are rather poetic.

Wabby
12-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Eeeep! Shopping! Poor Cherry, I know whatcha mean about trying on clothes. I'm usually able to keep my illusory glow about me (my favorite line from when my friend was taking psychology classes) as long as I don't have to face those 3 way mirrors. The good news is, just as Painty pointed out, there are more and more cute larger size clothes around, because there are more ample women than itzy bitzies. Focus on your assets and everyone else will too.

GP Jim usually isn't so difficult, but occasionally DH and I both get tired of being the family members responsible for him. Like the upcoming move -- it will be one more thing to worry about -- what to do w/ GPJ during the upheaval. I'm thinking it would be a good time for him to go on an extended visit to DH's sister's place.

Any of you cowsies have plans for New Years Eve besides our lovely Cherry? I think our plan is to snuggle up and stay warm. It's too icky and rainy to want to go anywhere here. I can't remember the last time I've seen the sun.

Cherry Cow
12-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi! I'm about to make another foray into the world of fancy clothes. Unfortunately, our Dillard's is all out of formals above size 14. Normally, I get lucky there. Painty, you are so right about cleavage-- but unfortunately, cleavage makes me uncomfortable. Sigh.

Kiwi, it's at a local ballroom dancing school (that also has yoga, bellydancing, Zumba, etc.) The owners are ballroom dancing champions. Let's just say a tux would not be too formal. That's obnoxious about your sister in law. I would love a stand mixer! One year, I goofed with presents because my sisters in law decided we weren't exchanging presents among adults, but they didn't tell me. That was the year I made them afghans. I'm still embarassed.

Wabby, I will try to keep that illusory glow about me today. I wish I could see myself the way DH sees me.

Hi Sug P, Bagzzie, Peaches, Lushie, Schatzi, and anyone I might have forgotten!

Schatzi
12-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Wabby.. you hit the nail on the head.. illusionary glow! I have a very TOO HEALTHY and WARPED self vision of what I look like..and when I see pics of myself or catch a FULL glimpse, I'm MORTified! I'M Usually not one fer NY resolutions, since in Schatziworld, every day is the start of a new year.. anyhoo, I needed some inspiration and a kick in the butTOCKSsoo I was surfin the forum yesterday and am bowled over by the Success stories, the folks at the 100lb club and some of the inspirational quotes.. I feel hopeful, realistic, and tryin to get the epithany that struck me once before about getting healthy and fit..It only lasted a year..but it was a wonderful year where I got down to 130 and felt strong and sexy and happy. That epithany was a wonderful experience, which gave me such strength and clarity and purpose... I wonder what exactly happens in them leetle gray cells that produces that ..

New Years was never big with DH and I .. we are usually asleep by 10.. heh heh.. but this year we are going to a japanese hibachi place "mt. Fuji's" (nothin like th eone in the NJWatchung Mts, where you go up a windy mountain and are greeted with sculpted dragons, and pagodas, and koi ponds and gardens...sigh) but its HIBACHI! So we will have dinner, and then head fer DH waterin hole, to watch football,sigh, leave at half time, and be home snug as a bug by 10.

Cherry, Lane Bryant is having an 80% of sale..not sure if its web only, but they do have loverly clothes, so does 5th Avenue if you have that store...and like Wise Wabs says, play up yer assests darlin, whether it be chest or legs or waist! Sexy is as Sexy does!

Schatzi
12-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Jeez, I skipped right over Kiwis postette...
ummm, yup sounds like classic passive aggressive behavior to me.. and some people lack graciousness/ social skills , and some, well Know exactly what they are doin..(they be what my mom use ta call "candy coated poison") If this returning of gifts is a norm fer her with you , then I say F her and the horse she came to town on... and if this is just her norm, then she is just that way. Hurtful nonetheless. :hug:

Painty speakum truthum ugh... ya gotta know where they or the event is commin from to put it in a perspective...oh wise paintywomancow. heh heh, me and my "the glass is half full and tis a pretty glass", usually tries to put in the perspective that shines best on the offender.but sometimes, after tooo many rationalizations, ya just gotta come to the conclusion that 1) this aspect of the person sux, 2) i Become indifferent, or 3) well, like i said F her and the horse she came to town on!

hmmm, I thought Lewis became an agnostic or an aetheist after toying with a secular life...and without a doubt the man took his share of mushrooms eh? Any way people read what they want into whatever... just like the Mother Theresa Nun Bun... anyway, Good Bad Evil, Purity, Love Hate.. morality, all part of universal mythology imho.--as long as the movie was good and has a thought provoking message...

I'm listen'n to Steely Dan and gettin jiggy wit it.

Schatzi
12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
WHERE ARE COWPEACH, Bagzz and Sug?? And LUSH??? Moooo Moooooo, 'I be callin Youuu Yoouuuuuuu

Wabby
12-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I think Schatziworld would be a good place to live.

Kiwonk, I have told you the story of my least favorite sil? I gave her a gift basket of yummy maple syrup, fruit syrups, breakfast stuff along w/ waffle mix. She opened it and said "I make my waffles from scratch", then the next year I gave her bath stuff, fancy soap, bath salts, bubble bath, etc. along w/ a set of makeup and travel bags. She opened it and said "I only take showers and I don't wear makeup and we never travel." That was the last year I gave her a gift. Don't need that noise.

Schatzi
12-30-2005, 04:44 PM
F her and the HORSE SHE CAME TO TOWN ON...!!!!

I will now accept all Wabby's SIL gifts since I can't be her real one, I have proclaimed me SIL -de - facto. please send me the smelly soaps, for I doooo take beeeUTi baths.

SugP
12-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi cows. My illusionary glow is very tarnished today because I am sick AGAIN! That's what you get for being cooped up with the sniffly kids for Christmas holidays. I spent 58 Euros at the pharmacy today for symptom releiving crap to get us through the weekend.

You are all so wonderful and gorgeous and brave and funny and I will really try to read all your posts and write something intelligent tomorrow. Dealing with my two in-laws sounds like a piece o' cake compared to what you've gone through.

We are staying home for New Years, as usual, and that makes me happy, happy, happy. Fondue, fireworks, jelly doughnuts at midnight. Wooooo! I can lie on the couch and whine all I want.

Is Dick Clarke still alive?:carrot:

Schatzi
12-30-2005, 05:13 PM
My Aunt who has in the past sent such thoughtful items as:

--The neck massager where the battery compartment was rusted and corrodded over( KIWI Spell check STAT).

--PAJAMAS, From the I am a Freak section of the BIG AND TALL shop, rather than the more appropriate Short and Squat (albeit Cute) Section.. Where the crotch was higher than my head (I'm 5'0 folks)

--A plastic Buddah keychain with flashing eyes when you squeezed it's belly

And this year.. she did kinda, well, better than usual :dizzy:
I got an authentic faux flannel partial lap blanket or large scarf (yeah, I think scarf, iI'm sure it's from the above mentioned I AM A FREAK section she got the PJs from)...
and enclosed in that ever festive Reynolds Wrap .. dead herb clippings.. one in each Foil Packet (not as nice as those foil packet dinner thingies they make) rosemary, sage,thyme and basil.. to go with her final gift of pics of those herbs placed on rice paper.

WE painfully chuckle each year upon approaching the unwrapping of Aunt Alibaba's (that's what I call her) gift. Here's this years Yule convo:
Hon, do you want to open Aunti A's box..
(DH wincing) must I? Please you do it..I'll stoke the fire :s:
I proceeded to unwrap with CAUTION
I am met with Deluxo Reynolds wrap... I am use to this oddness, Ken , not so much..He stokes the fire more....
I open the first of four crumpled foiled things, that if ya didn't know better, were indeed, garbage..to be greeted with a decomposing plant material..
hmm , I splay it open for DH to admire...
We Guess
It has nettles...smells like ... hmm, Hmmm, WHAT HERB IS THIS :s:, much to my chagrin, thru keen observation honed by watching CSI, I determine it to be Rosemary.
WE proceed to the next festive tinfoil delight.. more...d.e.a.d composty like leaves..ugh
This bewildered "I semi amused u r pathetic emotion " continues thru 2 more foil packets..The gift I see is in the identification of these dead plant clippings..
DH does not share my inquisitiveness and ADDS a LOG to the fire.
DH, takes the herbs and flings them in the fire... " I think the foil was the present char" he states drolly.

Schatzi
12-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Dick Clark is made of plastic..of Course he is still alive...he is the nice darth vader
feel better sugasniffle

Cherry Cow
12-30-2005, 06:27 PM
LOL Schatzi! BTW, I think I mentioned before in this very thread that my mental picture of myself is TOO good. I still find myself expecting to be able to waltz into a regular store and grab a size 10 off the rack! I'm shocked and appalled when I can't!

Sug P, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. That's all you need, huh?

Wabby, I've heard that story before, but it still takes my breath away.

We have a new family member. She's a pale silver part-albino mouse. DS10 (formerly Little Guy) got a gift card (from us) to PetCo, so we went to pick her and her supplies today. We really wanted a gerbil, but they were out. Guess lots of kids got rodents for Christmas. I hope with the consent of their parents! She's lovely, though. I'll take pictures of her and post them on my flickr account (Jenne1989).

Wabby
12-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Wabby, I've heard that story before, but it still takes my breath away.
That's what happens when you hang around here long enough, Cherry, you get to hear my stories over and over. Kinda like hearing the same old jokes the DH rolls out after he's had a few.

Sorry you feel yucky, Sugar. Not a fun way to see in the New Year, huh? Although the jelly doughnuts sound delish, cold or no.

Time to go home........I'll see you lovely bovines in the New Year!!!!!!:newyear: :hat: :dance: :grouphug: :woo: :hat:

PainterWoman
12-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh, you mean some people have PARTIES on New Year's Eve? Having grown up in Pasadena, CA (home of the truly world famous Rose Parade) the ONLY thing to do was either glue flowers onto plastic float frames or stay up all night along the parade route trying to keep warm (we thought it a challenge, even though it was rarely colder than 40 degrees) and yelling at the cruising drivers through their car exhaust from about 9 pm til 6 am... when traffic actually got shut down.

DH says he'll make flaming crepes and Irish coffee! and I'll probably knit, and we might listen to CDs or watch a movie. Whooooopeeeee.

Kiwi--- It is so unlike you to rant about anything. Perhaps YOU should retrieve some of the lovely bath and body gifts that SIL was clueless about, lock the door and have a few Calgon moments! It is too early for cabin fever?

Cherry-- I just heard today that August Max is CLOSING ALL ITS STORES. :( I realized last year that their marketing was not to MY liking but it didn't keep me from spending a fair amount of $$$ there... and now... they're closing. fooey. Well, it's my goal to get out of the Fat Lady Sizes anyway. What about going to a men's store and making them tailor an actual tux for you? You could do that here in Dallas... don't know how apalled your town would be!! Please post a photo of what ever you settle on... Nosy readers want to know.

Shatz -- that was THE weirdest list of odd gifts from a single person I've ever read. Sounds like maybe somebody was into re-gifting but on a slow cycle and with poor storage conditions!! My NJ inlaws used to send strange things, too. They've gotten better in the past few years. Unfortunately I don't exchange gifts with them since the divorce... but the kids have been surprised (pleasantly) several times in a row, now.

OK. I'm off to my knitting. No noshing!

Cowpernia
12-30-2005, 10:21 PM
where I have been is home with DS and Little Cutie Pie. She is not allowed out of the house tomorrow and is leaving to college the next day. I had to go with him to pick her up or she wasn't allowed out today. In fact, the aunt asked me twice if I'd be with them all the time! LCP is cute but the aunt ... is GORGEOUS BEAUTIFUL.

when I saw LCP last week she said the aunt wanted her to lost 5 lbs. I asked if the aunt was small and she laughed "NO!" Aunt could slide through a four inch crack. NEVER TRUST KIDS.

Anyway, I want to add to the lists here with my old list. When I used to try to please my schizo mom I sent her Christmas gifts:
1. A huge box of cheese thingies was given to the mailman because she and he loooked inside without opening it and saw it was full of rocks. That would be styrophone. It was not returned. I got no refund. He ate it I'm sure.
2. A beautiful expensive imported smocked flannel gown had European sizing in it of 42 or something. She didn't try it on. Called me and yelled, "DO you think I'm a cow???" (she was NOT a cow. Old buzzard is all.)
3. Box of See's Chocolates were melted because the mailman deliberately put them on his radiator.
4. Flowers were full of ants.
5. Stationary was never acknowledged. Too dull.

Finally... I quit sending gifts. Felt much better. Recommend it.

Bagzz
12-30-2005, 11:28 PM
yikes!!! i just watched the Magdalene Sisters---if you like shows where nuns are mean old bags,priests are skanks and young women are made to work like slaves all for the glory of god,this one's for you---it's well done,a true story ----but of course it's not a comedy----i did like it and it had a half decent ending---not sure how old it is----i REALLY enjoyed the Family Stone,and also Narnia!! i would like to see pride and prejudice and my dd loved Memoirs of a Geisha----let's see----the step dd's are arriving tonight so the next week should be lively!!!-----HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE---- oh i forgot----i got the entire series of 'KEEPING UP APPEARANCES"===MY FAVOURITE BRITISH COMEDY for Christmas---has anyone seen it ??? i watch it on Maine PBS----also----your christmas present stories are fabulous----i wish i had a green shoe to send my favourite dark and menopausal woman for the new year===========gotta go receive the guests---they arrived at near midnight and it's storming out=====arse pain weather!

Cowpernia
12-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Darling Bagz .. sugar and I will tell you that THOUGHTS ARE THINGS and goddess with roids should not say things like ARSE PAIN WEATHER. You should say ... Sugar, what should she say? How about, RICH TOURIST WEATHER. Make that happen!

SugP
12-31-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah! Rich tourist weather, flaming crepes and four inch cracks!! Please visualize.

I am thinking that the LCP will be fairly glad to get away from gorgeous skinny controlling relatives.

I need to go make some ginger/garlic/green onion soup for the fonduuuuuuuuueee. We used to use lard, but then decided broth did the trick nicely. Sort of like a Chinese hot pot or something.

Kids are outside making snowmen. Carrot noses keep falling out. Ds and ds9 are about to go on a shopping mission to find smaller carrots. And of course see if there are still any fireworks to buy, because it's all about the fireworks here tonight. Must go look for my earplugs.

Cowpernia
12-31-2005, 10:18 AM
I just tried to sign up for the class I'm supposed to take and the puter thing said it was FULL. Effin' rich tourists!!

Schatzi
12-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Bagz..I love Hyacinth BoooooKay.!!! Have a wonderful visit with your DDs...

Cowie: I'm sure LCP will be relieved to get away from gorgeous skinny control aunt.

Painty: Wackadoo Aunt is from Malibu in La La LAnd. not joisey dahlink.

Have a wonderful time ringing in the new year leetle cowsies!! Here's a to happy, healthy, thin fit and prosperous new year Dahlinks!

Kiwonk
01-01-2006, 02:47 AM
HeeHee You all make me laugh and smile and forget all the silly crap I complain about! It's 2:30 in the morning on the very first day of 2006, and we have successfully applied for federal financial aid already so we will be right at the front of the handout line. And in a related matter, the kid got her first college acceptance letter today, to U of Southern Maine. Of course she'll have to wait a few months for the rest of the replies, but that was cool.

I love the foil packet present -- surely she was trying to share her herbs with you -- what a nutty aunt. We used to have to pre-open the presents from my grandmother on my father's side when I was visiting my dad's family for any holiday (I was in college at the time) because it was always something appallingly religious considering it was for a bunch of children (you know, like a copy of Guideposts or a book of bible stories). See, if we didn't open them the night before the event (after the grandmother had gone to bed), there is little doubt that the presents would have brought rather inappropriate responses when opened in front of her. You know, like howls of laughter or screams of disgust. :lol: We were a badly behaved lot. I always thought it strange that she gave all the kids this type of present, because I never thought of her as particularly religious, and when I was growing up she always sent really nice, entirely secular, presents. She used to install a cultured pearl on a necklace every year for me for my birthday, and give me swell cozy slippers for Christmas. I guess she just liked me best. :s:

Happy New Year! :hug:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-01-2006, 09:46 AM
tell me about federal financial aid. quick!!!

and happy new year.

and I love you .

SugP
01-01-2006, 11:04 AM
HAPPY MOO YEAR!

Dh took some pictures of me and the kids last night and I swear I will not go out in public again until I lose 20 lbs. Whatever illusionary glow I had left is GONE. Ghastly.

HOWEVER, I got over myself today and went for a 30 minute brisk(=broke a sweat) walk to start off the new year. It was cold and dank and dark, but at least it was a walk.

Kiwonk
01-01-2006, 01:03 PM
tell me about federal financial aid. quick!!!
I just meant the FAFSA application -- it's the main one you fill out for financial aid. Some schools use it to determine how much aid a student gets (mostly state U's) and they also use it for Pell grants and student and parent loans. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Dh took some pictures of me and the kids last night and I swear I will not go out in public again until I lose 20 lbs. Whatever illusionary glow I had left is GONE. Ghastly.That's why I wield the camera.
I get to see my charming face much less often...

Need more :coffee:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-01-2006, 01:10 PM
so kiwi it matters how early you apply for this? I did it myself for these classes I'm to take, which are full, but didn't about for ds. Should I today?

Kiwonk
01-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Supposedly, the earlier the application is filed, the "closer to the front of the line" the student stands when the bucks get handed out. I don't know if it makes any difference at all, but people who advise on financial aid (we went to a seminar a month or so ago) say it does.

Kiwonk
01-01-2006, 03:16 PM
I hope this isn't your church, Peachie.... (http://www.forestcouncil.org/tims_picks/view.php?id=936)

Tips for filing FAFSA (http://collegeapps.about.com/od/federalstudentaid/a/FAFSA_4.htm). And Here's a pretty good discussion about it. (http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=131545&highlight=fafsa+early) Don't get bogged down in the discussion about hiding or not hiding student's assets. But do file as soon as possible.

PainterWoman
01-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm here, but I've run out of things to say.
Must get organized and it's wearing me out.
Maybe a walk and then a nap.. or vice versa.
Best to all.
I appreciate your good vibes and kind words.
TTFN.

Kiwonk
01-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Painty, there's something poetic about that. Take it easy. A walk and a nap sounds rawther nice.

I'm making hamburger soup for dindin. I think at least one of us is tired of ham. We got one of those spiral sliced hams at the grocery store and baked it with its glaze packet and it's so very good. But DD has her limits. And then my brother sent me a gift cert. for another one. Heh heh I think I'd better wait a few weeks before I redeem that one...

The dawg has been a real trial today. I had to cut her toenails and it took 2 of us to hold her down. I ended up using a muzzle and sitting on her while DH held down her other end. Normally I would not do such a thing because I know it is traumatizing. But I think it's too late; the stupid nitwit at Petco already traumatized her for clipping her nails and I doubt I'll ever be able to do it without a fight anyway. It's exhausting. DD was very sweet and took the dog for a walk after DH and I tortured her.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-02-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm a gonna start a new thread.