Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #1  

Default Physical and ?'s for my doc

Okay - I have full physical scheduled for just after the new year. Medical history, blood work, pelvic exam ... the works.

I'm planning to talk to her about my weight issues. As I am also working on getting my ducks in a row for the Lap-Band surgery - I want to rule out any metabolic or physiological issues regarding my weight that might be contraindications to WLS.

I'll have my thyroid function tested again (though as in the past I expect no abnormalities). I will also ask her about insulin resistance. Are there any other things I should be sure to bring up with her?
VeggyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #2  

Without knowing more about your personal history, I would also suggest you touch base on your menstrual cycle/fertility history and specifically address contraception issues since these can indeed factor in.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubs
Without knowing more about your personal history, I would also suggest you touch base on your menstrual cycle/fertility history and specifically address contraception issues since these can indeed factor in.
Thanks hubs. She once touched on PCOS (but I lack a vast majority of the symptoms) during an appointment for a sinus infection. I'll bring that up as well. At this point I'm just looking for all ideas so we don't miss discussing anything. She is a newish doc for me and this will be my first physical with her.
VeggyMom is offline   Reply With Quote