Old 12-18-2005, 09:11 AM   #1  

Default WATP - what is the easiest one?

hi everyone!
to those of you that are fans of WATP, was hoping you could all chime in and tell me which one you think is the absolute EASIEST of her videos.

i only have one of her tapes. i just started it last night.. i did a mile express. this morning i did the two mile express. i really enjoyed it - it was quick and fun, and over before i knew it. and i liked the "mile counter" thing... i guess i like to know how much longer i have to suffer till its over. HA! just kidding, i actually thought it was fun. i was thinking of trying to turn my mom onto WATP.

so now, the reason i ask for the easiest video... my mom has pretty bad Rheumatoid arthritis. she is considering joint replacement (knees and hips). her new rheumatologist thinks its a good idea, but has suggested that she first tone up her leg muscles with a good walking regimen. this will (hopefully) make for an easier/quicker recovery when the time comes. so i need something quick, easy to follow and motivating. i think Leslie Sansone would do the trick! as you might guess, having RA is a bit depressing, and my mom is easily disappointed when she can't keep up. if i can get her to do a WATP tape, i think it might be motivating for her because i think this is something she would be able to keep up with.

any suggestions you have would be appreciated!!!

many thanks,
susan
shaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:50 AM   #2  

I can sympathize with your mother somewhat. I have psoriatic arthritis which affects my toes, as well as the normal aches and pains of getting older. I started my exercising last year with the Miracle Mile. It came in a 3-disk set that included 1 mile, 2 miles, and 4 miles -- no weights, nothing fancy, just walking.

I also walk outside and have noticed that WATP walking works the feet and bones differently than outside walking -- with WATP you're putting your whole foot down or your toes down first. With regular walking, it's heel first. So your mom might also want to do a little outdoor walking. Start with 10 minutes a day for a week and increase to 15 the next week and so on. She should walk on a flat surface to avoid shifting stress on her knees and hips and make sure she has good shoes with support.

Good for you for taking care of your mom!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:05 AM   #3  

WATP does have an older adult version of the tapes. I think they would have to be easier on the joints and more geared toward someone with less range of movement. Maybe look for those? I know I've seen them on Ebay before.

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #4  

Get Up And Get Started works for me and I am WAY out of shape. You essentially walk 1 mile in 20 minutes. It's a great workout and even though I have to slow it down a little towards the middle (my hips start to hurt a little because of the weight that is sitting on them and being bounced around!) I am able to complete it. That's alot more than I can say about most exercise videos I've tried.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote