Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #1  

Default For those that have done points and core

Which do you think works better? I plan on joining WW at the first of the year and I was considering trying the core plan. I have done points in the past and like it but I just want to try someting new.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

The whole thing with Core is that you need to watch the portions. Even eating the food on the approved list can get out of hand if you eat too much of it.

There are those who have done Core for a while and have lost, some slowly and some more steadily, so it is possible. You just have to remember the rules (getting in enough fruits/veggies, whole grains, healthy oils, water, dairy, etc.) and exercise. It's like any other WOE though, basically, in that calories burned have to be more than calories taken in.

Good luck!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #3  
banned

im on core and love it... you get to eat until you are satisfied....amen!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:18 PM   #4  
banned

you can even combine the 2 if you wish to...my leader does her program like that
Old 12-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #5  

I may try that, thanks!!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 PM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Dear 79,
Good luck to you whichever you choose. I have tried both and found Core suits me better. I was very stingy with my Flex points and then would indulge in foods that weren't very healthy just because I had the points available. Also, today on Core I had a Diet Cocoa (pointed out to zero) made with FFmilk. On Flex, that would have been 2 points and I never would have "wasted" 2points on a beverage. However, it was filling and just what I needed to give me a satisfaction to the chocolate craving I was having and it worked for me today. Core is like that. If you want beef four days in a row, go ahead and have it. If you need a potato every day, so do it. I love this plan. It keeps me amazingly satisfied. That's not to say it is easy--just doable. See how you like it and again, good luck!
Judy Itry
234.6/202.8/thinner into onederland
Old 12-15-2005, 11:01 PM   #7  

I am trying Core but I am keeping my points too. Only b/c I know I can overeat..after all that's what got me this fat anyway.
I'm so excited to be starting core..
Old 12-15-2005, 11:04 PM   #8  
Melissa

Organicgirl and fatgirl79!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:20 PM   #9  
banned

hi itry i definitely agree!
Old 12-17-2005, 11:47 AM   #10  

Awwwww...thanks for the welcome..this is my 2nd day on Core ansd it seems to be going pretty well.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #11  
Melissa

We are glad to have you! Please join us in our daily chat thread, we are on #35 right now. We talk about everything there. You can also check out our "profiles" and post your own in the profile thread. And since you are just starting, you may want to start posting and reading the daily menu thread. Some of us are doing weird things right now, but several ladies are "hardcore" and doing great. Welcome!
Old 12-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #12  

I did points years ago when I was single and childless and lost 75 pounds, then 2 kids later I found myself with 60 of it back so I went back tried points again but find I'm not as organized and don't find the time to do all the tracking and counting like I used to so I would give up.

Now I'm back but on CORE. It's also time consuming since you actually have to prepare food, can't just throw a Lean Pocket in the Microwave, but I still think it's easier not having to track everything I stick in my mouth. I've only been doing it 3 weeks so I can't tell you long term how I'll do, but I've lost 12 pounds so far and hoping for at least 50 more!

Shelby
Old 12-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Wowee!! That's awesome! Good luck to you and welcome to our little corner!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #14  

Hi, and welcome!

I think that both Flex and Core can both work. I don't think there is any one magic bullet. I believe that one might suit some people better than the other, and that one might suit someone better at a particular point in their life than the other.

Personally, I found myself working the Flex plan in ways that I did not consider healthy. I found myself eating alot of low-point not-very-nutritious foods, and skimping on others that would have been better choices. I also tend to get rather focused on things, and really spent quite a lot of time counting points.

I'm still pretty focused, even on Core. However, on Core, even if I tend to obsess a bit, I am obsessing within a range of healthier choices (but I still have to watch that!), and I find the entire hunger/satisfaction scale an amazing new concept. I know it isn't really new, but it seems so to me.

One of the happy finds with Core is that I obsess less, and that I am rarely hungry to the point of headachy/lightheaded. Now this is something I can stick with forever!

Whatever you choose, good luck to you.

Dawna
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 PM   #15  
banned

i find it helful to cook extra whenever possible for leftovers. its that reason that i eat chicken salad and roast alot
Closed Thread