Does it Work? - Ztrim

View Full Version : Ztrim

Globix
12-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Has anybody heard of this or tried it?

http://www.ztrim.com/home.html

Suzanne 3FC
12-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I've never heard of it before, or tried it, but it looks interesting. So it's a fat substitute which comes in the form of a gel or powder, and you mix it in your dressings, mayo, etc, to extend the volume, and cut the calories per serving. It's made from cellulose fiber. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that has tried it.

christineu
12-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Sounds interesting, but I have wonder when the slogan is "Don't worry, eat happy"...sounds a little too good to be true. Hopefully it will follow in the footsteps of Splenda, which was only available via the web & very limited products to start several years ago and is now widely available. Right now it looks like they only have the corn verison available, though they talk about soy fiber or oat hull versions- since I'm allergic to corn, I'll have to wait until the others come out...though they will probably cost a lot more (corn is cheap- that's why so much stuff is sweetened with corn syrup here in the US instead of real sugar).

MrsJim
12-13-2005, 11:41 AM
All I can say is - hopefully it won't have the same, um...side effects that Olestra has (which I've never tried JUST because of the "anal leakage" possibility...yeah I know...).

Dunno, it sounds more like something that would be added to food products sold in the stores, not a product that would lend itself to being sold individually to consumers, but you gotta give 'em credit for trying. :)

(I would almost bet money that the corn fiber they are using for this product is leftover from extracting corn syrup for HFCS!!!)

Tealeaf
12-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Ya, I might buy products containing this stuff, but I can't really see mixing it into my mayo or whatever in order to make it lower cal. But if it does half of what it claims it can do, it will soon be all the rage anyways.