Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#59)

Sherry
12-12-2005, 11:40 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/christ

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
12-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Hello :wave:

First of all, I hope you'll forgive me for not being a very good moderator and not being around. So much is going on, I thought it would be best to stay away for awhile.

Dad's surgery went well. He's cut from under his armpit down to his wrist and all around his elbow.He broke his arm and crushed his elbow. He has a metal plate and screws,nuts & bolts. He'll get his stitches out of his face on Thursday. He had a very hard fall. He'll recovery but it will take lots of time.

I have been working my regular job at school, working football games & private parties at the stadium and then all my free time is at Mom & Dad's in KY. I can't wait 'til Friday! It's a half day of school then we are out until Jan.3rd!! I really need a break!!!!! I have my tree up, house decorated but no gifts yet. I haven't bought the first present. So...I have a lot to do!!

Ramona...I say a prayer for you daily. I wish my prayers would come true and he'll get well.Please know I love you and I think of you ALL the time.

I'll try hard to get another post in soon.

TO ALL THE FLOOZIES.....Thanks for being patience with me, for asking about me.. but most of all...for being my friend through the years. Happy & sad times. I love you all very much.........

:rudolph:

gdeann
12-13-2005, 12:16 AM
WE LOVE YOU TOO SHER BEAR! I continue to pray for your fathers quick healing!

Suzy, I posted on the other thread, but now I can't find it!!! You are correct...with Dee it IS what happened in Vegas, stayed in Vegas. She is the wild one of the bunch!!!!

I am only about 1/2 way done with my Christmas shopping. Usually by this time, everything is purchased and I only need to wrap it. Going shopping sometime soon! I still don't have Ali's birthday presents purchased and it is the 18th!!!! YEEKSSSS!!!

ShelleyM
12-13-2005, 06:59 AM
Sherry-You are a wonderful moderator and you need a break sometimes! I am praying that your dad has a quick recovery.

I still haven't finished shopping either. I don't know what to get my nephews. Any tips on gifts for teenage boys, aged 18, 15, 11? I know shirts are always okay, but I'm not sure what else. These kids get whatever they want, so that's why it's so tough.

Our kids have 1/2 days starting tomorrow, then are out for break on starting Friday. I have to work Monday and Tuesday, then I'm off until January 2. Can't wait! Becky has strept throat and has to stay out of school until tomorrow, so I am having to take Patty to the high school before I go to work. Guess I'd better go!

gdeann
12-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Hope Becky is feeling better Shelley!!!! Most of the teenagers in our family get some small gift with a gift card from walmart or Hastings attached. I have found through the years Aunt Gayle & Uncle Steve never seem to be able to pick out the correct color etc. So the gift cards work well!!

Deelite
12-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Sherry you do a wonderful job moderating. We don't expect you to do any more than what you are doing. Are sympaties are with you when we know that you are so busy and stressed. I am praying for a quick recovery for your Dad.

Shelley be careful not to get strept throat too. Becky must have been pretty sick. Teenage boys are the hardest to buy for. Are they into any sports? Maybe a jersey or hat from their favorite team.

Gayle you are too funny. We sure had some laughs that I really can't share.
When is Allison's birthday again? Good luck with the shopping. I just looked over my list last night and I only have two gifts to wrap and I wrapped the last few that needed it. We worked on putting lights on our tree last night for two and a half hours and it is only half done.

Ramona I am thinking of you.

Suzy are you all done your shopping?

Will you all say a prayer for me today? I am having my epidural steroid injection today, for my back. There are some risks involved such as infection, puncturing the sac with spinal fluid,paralysis, and death. So you can see that I am scared. The risks are low but I have beat the odds before too.
I will need rest today and I should know within 4 days if it worked. I could be pain free. Yipee!

Hope you all have a Merry day.

4myloves
12-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey all!

School is finally over for the semester. I took my last final exam last night. I am very happy that I don't have to worry about that anymore!! I don't know now if I'm going to take a class next semester--taking two this term just about did me in!

If I don't take a class, I'm going to join the gym here in town--I've been wanting to for a long time now, but just haven't had time in my busy schedule to go (driving an hour to class three days/week & trying to stay on top of work and school work seriously cut into my time). I really think part of the reason I've gained so much weight and been unable to take any of it off is a result of not exercising anymore. I miss the gym!!

Anyway, I'll probably be popping in more now that my schedule has calmed down somewhat.

Cheryl

ShelleyM
12-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Cheryl-Happy to see you back!

Dee-I am sending prayers your way. I hope everything turned out okay today. Please have Larry let us know if you can't.

coles
12-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Dee- I hope everything went okay. It will be so nice to be pain free.
Ramona - you, Dan and your family are in my prayers and thoughts constantly. It is unbelievable the way he was treated in that Vet Hospital, that is disgusting.
I have all my shopping done wrapped and under the tree. We have had so much snow lately, it is hard to get to work. We are supposed to get another storm Thursday and then right through until Monday. I am tired of winter already.
I work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. I will get home about 3:00 on Christmas Day. Amanda is working too. The old folks need us too!
Doug will cook the Turkey and we will have dinner when we get home.

mzbhavin
12-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Good Morning girls.

Sorry i have been absent to but i have been battling illness myself and just haven't felt like posting till now.
Had the flu really bad for 2wks. got a cold, got over them and got it again. The whole time kept the daycare open and had Eddie or Cara help me.

Next week Eddie and I are heading for Florida to see parents & sis. can't wait but really don't want to take the long drive but will manage.

Ramona my prayers and thoughts are with you and your loved ones. Sorry the gov. can't take better care of their people. Hope Dan recovers soon so you can bring him home.

Sherry my thoughts are with you and your loved ones also. Hope Dad gets on the mend real soon.

Dee...love your pic and really liked the email you got from your friend on "Sisters". I should be a better Sister in the "Sisterhood" than i am-i feel that i am such a boring person that know one would really want to hear what i have to say or what's going on in my life. But i love coming here and reading what my friends here are doing and feel a connection in just reading what you all are doing in your lives. I don't have any family that is close or in-laws that i connect with so you gals are my family and friends.

I love you all and wish everyone a Great Holiday.

Gosh i hope that doesn't sound like poor pitiful me

SuzyMc
12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Sherry ~ Sounds like you have been one busy lady! I'm glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well and that he is recovering!

Shelley ~ I hope Becky is feeling better by now and that the rest of your family doesn't end up sick too! Strep throat is awful!

I agree with Gayle, you can't go wrong with a small gift with a gift card included for teens...they are so hard to buy for!

Dee ~ I'm thinking of you! I sure hope the injection yesterday went well and that you are feeling better and pain free now!

I still have shopping to do...mainly gift cards to pick up and a few other little things. I'm hoping I can finish tomorrow...if the snow, sleet and ice storm that is predicted holds off long enough!

Oh and you're right...it does sound like we have a lot in common! :)

Cheryl ~ Congratulations on finishing the semester! Enjoy your free time!

Janice ~ Shopping done, wrapped and under the tree??? I'm jealous!

Vicky ~ I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well! Day care is a hard enough job when you are healthy...I wouldn't even want to think about doing it if I were sick!

Have a safe trip to Florida and send some sunshine north while you're there...we're freezing up here!

Deelite
12-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I am doing well today. Yesterday was rough. I went into shock from the stress and fear. I was shaking so hard as I lie on the hard table in the operating room. I thought that the doctor would hit a nerve and I would be post. While he was doing his first time live extra with no dye, I felt pretty fear full especially when blood started to spurt everywhere including my cheek. Yuck, that wasn't supposed to happen. I did find out that I have an extra vertebra. You think that I would be talker than what I am. I guess I am lucky to have it or I would be under five feet.
After the procedure I had more leg pain and was totally wiped. I wouldn't even talk to Larry. It wasn't something I would want to do many times but if it helps then it will be all worth it. I haven't any results yet. I am in pain but that is normal. We will see what the weekend will bring.

Sherry how are you and your family doing? Did you get any shopping done last night?

Gayle are you busy working today or are you out shopping?

Shelley thanks for the prayers. Trust me I was praying that the Lord was guiding the doctors hands as I watched it on the monitor in front of me. If I wasn't the patient it would have been interesting to watch. There was even one of the doctors in the room that was a spotter to tell the surgeon when I was having pain.

Cheryl I am glad that you will be popping in more often. It must be a relief to have school finished, especial this time of year everyone is so busy. I think it is time to take a look at yourself and spend some quality time at the gym. Once you start again you will see the benefits.

Janice it must be nice to have everything organized for Christmas. Have you done a lot of cooking and baking too? That is tough that you have to work for Christmas but it is a good thing that Doug knows how to cook. You will arrive home to delicious smells. I know what you mean about being tired of winter. Why do you think that I keep running away?

Vicki I am sorry to hear that you were sick. I was wondering if Santa took you to the North Pole to help straighten out all his elves. Who is Cara going to be with for Christmas? You should have a lovely time in Florida. I am sure that it will be different with out Cara. You are my friend and family too. Even though I have family and friends here you girls are a big part of my life. Don't ever think that we don't want to hear how you are doing. I ran a day care too and I know it is long days and all kids stuff. You are doing one of the most important jobs that there is. Be a proud mama.

Suzy thanks for thinking of me. Positives vibes help. I hope that you will be able to get the rest of your shopping done tonight. We are going out to the mall one more time to pick up a few things that really aren't needed. Still working on stringing the lights on the tree. Last night Larry worked about an hour an a half, which makes four hours so far. I think one more hour will do it and then we will be able to decorate and put gifts underneath the tree.

Time to get some Christmas cheer going, better run.

Happy day to you all.

ShelleyM
12-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Dee-I hope you are better today. You are a dear friend and I hate to see you hurting so much. Thank goodness you have a loving husband to help you through all this pain you have to endure.

Vicki-Exactly when will you be in Tampa?

Janice-Boxing Day.... when I told my kids and husband exactly what it is, they had to laugh. Dee told us all about it.

Suzy-I hate to give gift cards because my SIL always gives my girls so many gifts. A gift card just doesn't seem enough to open. I'll probably do clothes again.

I still have about 4 days left of gifts for Hanukkah for the girls also. I'm slow this year!

Deelite
12-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Shelley boy would I have loved to visit you today. I had a dentist appointment at 8:30 this morning. As I walked there the wind was blowing blustery snow in my face that sent a chill down my spine. It is just wicked out. The one nice thing I can say about the day is that the trees are blanketed with a thick white fluff of snow. Sure looks pretty but it is brutel to be facing the elements outside. It is also very icy.

By the way Shelley what day is Hannukkah? I wish that I could be of more help as to ideas for gifts for your nephews. What about games for the xbox or play station? Are they into that?

How is everyone else doing? Are you all being Santa's helpers today?

I am doing better today than I was yesterday. I haven't taken any extra drugs for the pain from the injection. I hope that tomorrow I will be pain free.
Larry is off from the 23rd to Jan 2nd. I have been busy today trying to prepare some of the meals for when he is home. I made 11 dozen meatballs, chicken soup, and pork and crandberry stuffing, plus a huge pot of chili. I am about done. I am surprised I was able to do all that. This is the first time that I sit for over 10 minutes today. I am treating myself with a latte.
I don't know if you guys read my weigh in post, but I actually lost weight in Vegas! I couldn't believe it because trust me I had everything I wanted to eat plus more. Lots of sweets too. {{{smug}}}

Well time to stir that chili, hope you are all doing well.

coles
12-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Shelley - Don't you have Boxing Day?? I thought everyone did.
Dee- You sound so much better. I hope tomorrow is even better for you. It would be wonderful if you are totally pain free.
I know what you mean about the weather. It is terrible here too. We are expecting 30 centimeters of snow tonight. Should be fun driving to work in the morning. I am tired of snow already.
I am going to join the gym in January, I needed to let my hands heal first.
I am having a lot of stiffness in my hips, back and knees. I hope the gym will help get rid of it.
Hello to everyone else. Happy Christmas Shopping.
Ramona - you are in my prayers.

gdeann
12-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry to be away for so long!!! This will be short & sweet...on a good note, I finished ALL of my Christmas shopping tonight!!!! Steve went with me so that helped to have another persons input. I am happy with all the choices we made, hopefully the person on the receiving end will like it too!

I'll try to post more tomorrow after work!!!!

gdeann
12-15-2005, 10:53 PM
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day as special as you are! You deserve it!!!!

Wishing you the very best and hoping you celebrate many more fantastic years!

Love, Gayle

ShelleyM
12-16-2005, 06:42 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROL!!! :cb: :gift: :dancer: :woo: :cheer: :balloons: :hb: Have a wonderful day!!

Sherry
12-16-2005, 07:31 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!!!!

Have a great day!! I love & miss you!!!!

:woo: :hb: :woo: :hb: :woo: :hb: :woo: :hb: :woo:

mzbhavin
12-16-2005, 08:39 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

enjoy the day

4myloves
12-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Happy Birthday to Carol!!

SuzyMc
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM
:hb: Happy birthday Carol! :hb:

Deelite
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey Carol, I hope that you are reading this. I hope that you have a very special birthday. Come and post and let us know how you are doing. I appreciate all the emails you send me.

Janice it is a good idea to let those hands of yours heal. Start out with the machines that don't use your arms or hands.

Gayle yipee you are all done. I thought that I would have to fly down there and help you. Well I guess now I will have to face decorating our tree instead by myself. At least all 700 lights are on. Yipe finally finished it last night.

I had a hard time getting on to the site this morning but now everything is fine. But I wasted all my time. I have to go get something done.

Love you all.

ShelleyM
12-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Suzy-I hope Santa brings you the treadmill that you want. Sorry to say that our highs are in the 70's right now. It's been quite nice out.

Dee-My friend with the broken arm just called me to say that her beautiful Christmas tree loaded with gorgeous ornaments fell over and destroyed all the glass and ceramic ornaments, plus the thing that were on the coffee table. The tree is huge. Her son is over there helping to put it back up and clean it up.

I came home to a box in my mailbox from Walmart.com that was supposed to be the digital camera I ordered for Becky. The camera box was empty. I was so upset. Everytime I tried calling customer service, the line would go busy when I was finally being transferred to a live person. I tried calling my Walmart and all the managers were in a meeting. I finally got through to Walmart.com, and after about 30 minutes of holding, I am getting a new one by the 23rd. Lesson learned--if they have it a store, go buy it instead of risking online ordering.

gdeann
12-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Shelley, Steve ended up with one of his Christmas presents early because of Walmart.com. I ordered and never assumed the gift would arrive in its own packaging...it did...by the time I arrived home, it was sitting in the middle of the living room in a box with all the pictures of the item inside illustrated on the box. No getting away with that one!!!

ShelleyM
12-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Got my hair highlighted yesterday. I asked Patty how it looks and she said I look like a skunk head. She always tells the truth! I like it, though.

If any of you read the forwarded email that I sent you about retired grandparents, please let me know what you thought about it. My parents took offense, and I never meant it that way. I thought it was very cute. My dad is so defensive about getting older and I guess he feels that it described him. They don't even live in a retirement community. There are lots of young people in his neighborhood.

SuzyMc
12-18-2005, 11:12 AM
I thought that email was cute, Shelley! I used to teach Pre-K and I have heard kids say some pretty interesting things, so I was looking at it from that perspective. I'm sorry your parents were offended by it...I guess you won't be sending them anymore emails about aging, huh?

I'm glad you're happy with your highlights! You'll have to post a picture of the new you!

I don't do much catalog shopping or online shopping...I like to see and touch what I'm buying so I know exactly what I'm getting. I hope that the new camera comes in time for the holidays! I can't imagine how you felt when you opened the box and found it empty!

Dee ~ How are you feeling now? I'm hoping that the procedure that you had done is working and that you are now pain free!

Gayle ~ Congratulations on finishing your Christmas shopping! Hopefully we will finish ours today. We're going to the mall this afternoon to pick up one last gift for my daughter-in-law #2. We're going to go out to dinner and see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe too, so it should be a good day! I've really been looking forward to seeing this movie...I hope it's as good as I think it's going to be!

bootwoman
12-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and wish everyone a wonderful holiday season.

I didn't go to Houston. Rick ended up going by himself and I stayed here to coordinate things from this end. They got word that Rick was coming and by the time he got there, they were practically annointing Dan with oil and putting a purple robe around his shoulders!! In the end, they did admit they screwed up and that this is the first time anyone has called them on it. Dan is getting absoulutely the best care possible now as are the other patients. I really feel that Dan is a hero for blowing the whistle on them. They have promised that the problems will be fixed and that it will never happen to anyone again. Rick told them that we will be watching, even after Dan is home. Speaking of which, he and Rick are flying home on the 23rd! Dan told his doctors that he WOULD be home for Christmas (spent the last two in Iraq) and he has worked like a slave to get his therapy done. He is doing occupational therapy there and will go to a rehab for physical therapy after Christmas. All in all, it is going pretty well. There is a whole crew of volunteers coming at 8:00 tomorrow morning to build ramps and put in new doorways. You don't realize how limiting your home can be until you need to get a wheel chair in and out.

I go the first bill from the Med Center in Little Rock. It was for supplies and Dan's room. It was $105,000.00. The two titanium rods they put in his back were $43,000.00. I'm sure by the time everything is finished, it will be at least a half a million dollars. I just pray that he is accepted by Medicare since he had no insurance. I don't know if I told you or not, but the first responder on the scene pronounced him dead. Then a few minutes later, someone got a pulse. PLEASE........make sure your kids buckle up!!!!!

I'm sorry that I haven't caught up on everyone yet. I promise to do my best to do so in the next few days. Just know that I am thinking of each and every one of you and that I love you all very much. I'm wishing you all only the most joyous holiday season.

ShelleyM
12-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Ramona-Thank goodness Dan is coming home. My BIL is in a wheelchair, and I know how limiting a house can be. Plus the lady at school in the office that is in a wheelchair has really made me aware of so many things that aren't wheelchair accessible. Just leaving boxes in the way can hinder someone in a wheelchair. I pray for Dan's recovery each and every day and it looks like our prayers are being answered.

Deelite
12-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Ramona thank you for keeping us updated on Dan. He is a hero! I am happy that he will be home for Christmas. I can relate to what Dan is going through at this special time of year. My memories are very clear of last year being in the hospital and having painful intensive therepy everyday not knowing if I would ever walk again. Believe me as much as it hurt I worked so hard to beat the odds and I did. Fortunately for us my wheelchair could fit through the doors except the bathroom. I was limited to the main floor which our master bedroom is on the second floor. I pray that Dan will fully recover. God still has a plan for him or he wouldn't have made it. I love you, Ramona. Now is the time for you to help Dan with what every he needs, don't worry about us.

Shelley you posted at an ugly hour this morning. I don't know how you can do it! Your poor friend, how terrible for her tree to fall down. We had that happen one Christmas. I lost a few of my favotie ornaments. Please post a pic and show us your new hair. Lucky for you that you looked in the camera box. I don't think that I would have. I hope that it arrives on time.

Suzy thanks for asking how I am doing. Over tears Saturday I said to Larry with great disappointment that my back was hurting so bad. I had a long day yesterday with a 90th birthday party for my uncle and then we haeded off to Larry's step dad's birthday. The sitting and standing is hard for me. This morning I want to do a good clean up around here and all I have managed so far is two loads of laundry and one bathroom. I have a lot more and my back is rebelling. What more can I say, how discouraging.

Gayle did you end up returning Steve's gift? Larry shops with me so he knows most of his gifts. I went with him to the mall saturday and ended up getting him a couple of surprises for under the tree. I love surprises.

What traditions does everyone have for the holidays?

We go to my parents christmas eve and have a late night meal (tradionally midnight) after we attend a church service. On Christmas day we let the kids open their small santa gifts before our scrumptious grand marnia french toast and bacon. The off to open all our gifts by the warm fire place. After that we head back to my parents for gift openning and dinner. On boxing day we go t Larry's mom's family for another big dinner and more gifts. By that time you can just roll me out the door home.

SuzyMc
12-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Ramona ~ I'm so happy to hear that Dan is doing so well and that he will be home for Christmas! What a wonderful present for you all! I know there is a long road ahead of you all yet, but it sounds as if things are starting to look a little brighter. My prayers continue for Dan and the rest of your family.

Dee ~ I'm so sorry that you didn't get better results from the procedure that you had done. You must be so disappointed! Is there anything else that can be done that might help?

If you all get a chance, go and see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! It was a wonderful movie! It's rated PG and there are some pretty intense scenes that might frighten younger kids, but for the most part everyone in the family will enjoy this movie!

I finally finished my Christmas shopping and everything is wrapped. Now I just have to clean house and do some grocery shopping and I'll be ready for the holiday!

Our holiday traditions sound very similar to yours Dee! Christmas eve everyone comes to our house for dinner (lasagna) then we all go to church together. After church everyone comes back here for cookies and snacks and we open family presents from each other. Christmas morning we open presents from Santa (that will be odd this year...it's just Tim and I at home now) and then we have a big breakfast. Year's past we have gone to my parent's house for dinner, but I think I'm also going to end up cooking Christmas dinner this year. My Dad hasn't been in the best of health and it's enough on my mom to take care of him without having to fix a big meal for everyone too. It will be a busy couple of days, but Tim has to be out of town the 26th, 27th and 28th, so I'll have a lot of time to myself to be lazy and recover! :lol:

Deelite
12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
BOY DO I HAVE A TOILET TALE TO TELL.

Suzy it is our first Christmas alone too. It is weird. I think that Christmas Eve afternoon Larry and I will open our gifts together. We have to wait til 4o'clock til Dez is off work before we go to mom and dad's.
I will have to check out that movie.
Yesterday I phoned the surgeon's office and they gave me hope. They said that it could take up to two weeks before I see results. THat is the first that I have heard of that. My leg has been really bad the last couple of days. Every time I go up and down the stairs I get a charlie horse.

Shelley I got your card yesterday. How cute. I sure did need the stress reliever. After all the cleanning yesterday I went to flush the toilet and I seen the water rise and rise and rise over the bowl. Fortunately Dez was home, I shouted for her HELP ME! The water countinued to pour down on to my clean floors and down the hall. As I ran down the stairs to shut off the water valve I heard a water fall come down from my painted sky ceiling. Does this sound familiar or what. It happenned one other time when Larry was out of town. We got the water shut down after gallons of water poured through the ceiling filling buckets and soaking green grass carpets and my Gecko's Grill floor. Guess what we conveniently quickly grabbed to wipe up all the water? Yes, it was my freshly folded laundry! Back to square one! Desiree hit the nail on the head when she said that this would only happen to Dad once and he would buy a new toilet! I guess what happenned was the toilet was plugged and the valve broke so that the water wouldn't stop flowing! Larry was going to replace the valve inside the toilet and put a shut off one on the back of the toilet but I said no way. I want a new toilet with a shut off valve. I don't want a third reacurance. So I got a new toilet last night but I still don't have a toilet seat. So picture my sorry a** butt falling in the hole because I am to lazy to walk to the basement bathroom. Now that is my toilet tale of the day.

gdeann
12-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Dee, sounds like you had a heck of a mess!!! I hope everything is cleaned up and dried now. Congrats on the new toilet....nice to hear our little princess has a new throne to sit on!!! LOL!

Suzy, I want to go see the movie, do you think it would be appropriate for a seven year old? Your life right now sounds like mine. Because of parents age and illness, I will be helping with one meal and preparing the other.

Ramona, prayers really do work miracles! You had the best birthday ever knowing you still had Dan. Now you will have the best Christmas ever, FINALLY having him at home! He is doing remarkable by the sounds of it...he must be spirited like his mother.

Sher, how is Dad? Are you all done shopping?

Not going to post right now to everyone, I need to go. It has been so busy here!

Our family tradition: We spend 1 full day putting the tree up and decorating it, all the while with Christmas music playing. The tree takes at least 5 full hours to do and that is with no breaks in between. We then order pizza and sit around the rest of the evening admiring the tree. We started this the first year Steve & I were married, I think the pizza was Liz's idea. She dreads helping with the tree (Steve & I are very picky) but she never wants to miss out on the pizza!
At our home, the gifts from Santa are the things the kids want the very most. Santa leaves our stockings filled with small treasures and candy and the gifts are left open to see usually under the tree or very close by. Santa also leaves a small toy or treat for our animals. An inside source tells me this year the doggies are getting a pull toy each. LOL!
A tradition that carries over from my childhood is making a lamb cake representing a birthday cake for Jesus. It is a metal cakepan that fits together to make a lamb sitting up. My mother had the pan and made a cake every year every since I can remember. Last year she passed the pan on to me and this year I will be making the cake for the family dinner. She has mentioned it several times already, so I know I better not forget or she will have my butt! LOL!
It was funny when I married Steve, because the things we grow up with that we think are normal, may be totally different in another family. Growing up in his family Santa only left stocking stuffers, never any gifts.

SuzyMc
12-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Dee ~ First off, I'm so glad to hear that you may still see results! I'll be praying that you do!!!

As for the toilet tale...what a mess that must have been! I hope you were able to find a seat for the new throne today too...it's no fun sitting on the cold rim! :o

Gayle ~ There were kids in the theater that were probably 7 or 8 years old. There is a pretty intense battle scene (but no blood) and some scary/sad parts, but it does have a happy ending and a good message.

gdeann
12-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Thanks Suzy for the info. I'm sure Allison will be ok with most of it, just want to check first. I just read it is the best fantasy childrens movie since wizard of oz. Which by the way is her FAVORITE movie of all time. We even found her a collectors 18" porcelain Dorothy doll this year, she is going to be totally surprised! I wish we could of afforded all of the others!!!

I'm off work Thursday and cooking....what is everyone else doing?

Deelite
12-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Gayle your Christmas Tree must be beautiful. I am also particular on how and where everything goes on the tree. It will be memories cherished by the kids when they are all grown up. Our santa only leaves stocking stuffers which are openned before breakfast. Then after all the dishes and cleanning up is done we get the goods! I think that it is the Mother that brings in most of the traditons and decides how the day goes. Just like how important it is to your mom that you make the lamb cake. Larry's family really doesn't have as much of the Christmas spirit even though they are strong christians. We always have christmas tunes playing all month they don't. The only thing that you can count on is dinner and gifts for the little ones. Not even a tree if they don't feel like it. They don't put the kind of effort in that we do. I guess that really is the difference. Nothing is organized until the last minute. It happens boxing day and I have no clue yet what I am bring for dinner. By the time I find out the grocery stores will be busy and I will be scrambling to make it for that day. Enough said about my in laws.

Suzy as Gayle said I have new throne. Larry did bring me a white toilet seat home last night but it wasn't the right white. He couldn't beleive it..... he said it is white how can it be the wrong color? lol Back he goes for a match to the toilet he bought. Maybe tonight.
It was a huge mess to clean up! Bad timing is all I can say!

Shelley are you busy with getting ready for Hanukkah? All your gifts bought?

I sure can tell everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays. Today I am going to finish up cleannning the house and a couple more gifts to wrap. Larry keeps bring home gifts. He loves to shop.
Larry's last day of work is tomorrow so I will probably not post daily until after the New Year.

Hope you are all successful at getting everything done without to much stress.

Have a great day.

gdeann
12-23-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm sorry I'm not posting more girls...just a hectic time at work and home. I wanted to wish everyone a happy Christmas eve while I had a chance. Will check in tomorrow night!! Off to wrap presents, bake, cook etc!!! Holidays are so much fun!! LOL!

SuzyMc
12-23-2005, 10:31 PM
You're not kidding when you say it's a busy time of year! :dizzy: My grandkids were here all day today and will be back again first thing in the morning. Miss 2 1/2 has tonsillitis and wasn't the happiest today and Miss 5 1/2 is bouncing off the walls because Santa is finally coming tomorrow night...what fun trying to get anything done! The good thing is that I'm too darn busy to eat! :lol:

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah Loozing Floozies!
May your holidays be filled with love, peace and joy!

Sherry
12-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Merry Christmas!!
:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I hope everyone has a nice Christmas.I'm baking all day.Chris comes home tomorrow at 2:00.Christmas dinner will be here with a house full of family & friends. Love you all...:clause: :snow4:

gdeann
12-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Ho Ho Ho...Hee Hee Hee...
Hope Santa leaves goodies under the Christmas Tree!!!

Wishing EVERYONE a safe & blessed holiday!! :han: :ginger: :xcheer:

Worked all day, now off to bake, cook, etc!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Deelite
12-24-2005, 05:32 PM
It is good to see all the happy busy posts.

We are off to have gift openning at my parents right away. Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a

Very Merry Christmas.

ShelleyM
12-24-2005, 05:59 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY AMAZING FLOOZIE FRIENDS:gift2:

coles
12-25-2005, 11:48 AM
:snowball1 :santa:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

siamese
12-25-2005, 12:10 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FRIENDS!

dee,thanks for all the encouragement on my weight loss!
i so want to get to 200 by may short season.
love your pic!your beautiful!
love your sisters post,the true ones are precious!
sorry to hear of the commode mess!
ramona,you and yours are in my prayers!
i cant believe they treated him so badly!
so glad he's coming home!
hope you can get everything assessible!
i cant believe how high the bill is!geez!
im thinking of you my friend!

shelly,great on becky get letters from collage!talk bout raging hormones!
great deal on ther bonus!
sorry your depressed over the school thing!
im thinking of you!
now you get a break you deserve

suzy,great pic!
anouther beautiful floozie!

gayle,thank you so much for the christmas card!thank you for thinking of me!
great job on the raises!
see your as important to them as you are to us girlfriend!

cheryl,wohoo on getting done with your final exam!
glad things are calming down for you!
relax!

janice,thanks for asking about me!
your a sweetie!
its poo,poo, you hafta work!
ok whats boxing day?
hows your hands doing?

vickster,hoping your feeling better now!always great to see you posting!

sherry,
im so sorry to hear of all the things you and your family are going thru!
prayers for your dad!
prayers for a speedy recovery!
hope waynes thumb is doing better!
your a wonderful moderator!
life gets in the way sometimes!
this i know!

thank you guys for all your prayers!
his christmas check came dec.23 talk bout scrambling!
got everything finished but i was wiped out!
im doing all the cooking today just us and im taking the food to my folks thats what i did for thanksgiving!
worked out better than leaving the mess for mom and dad!
cat had a great christmas,she realy loves the stars so we got her a telescope she was so excited she shook!lol!
we also got her this constellation theater thingy its a ball that lites up and projects all the stars and constellation on her walls and ceilings.hmm havent seen her since!lol!
locked up in her room playing with goodies!
i got 8 new bellydancing vids!yea me!
tan club package,little odds and ends!

omg i gotta tell you guys what happened to me last week!
ok,you guys remember the chic across the street?
the one brian kept ogling?
well she has this boyfriend ok theyve been together for 11 yrs.but she wont marry him cuz that would mean shed hafta get a job and get off welfare and well she rather let us pay for her to sit on her tush!
well for the last 3 yrs she has made him out to be a ogre,you know hes so abusive.
well he has twins from a previous gal,and he got behind in child support,sorta what happened to brian,her twins were 11 and she finaly decided to tell brent ,thats his name hey you got twin boys!
he had no idea for she told him they were anouthers,had to go on welfare so she had to fess up and now there 16,she got him for 28 thousand.
its one thing to know you got a kid and pay then but not to know and get shoved into court for back support **** he was reeling from the revelation but she wont let him even see his kids.
he was devestated,ok the gal cross the street her name is missy we got close over this summer cuz i lost weight and didnt feel threatened by her any more,(i look beter wink,wink!)well she has a bad habit of leaving and dumping her 2 kids with brent there his to so it was like he was always there and missy wasnt,cat plays with there oldest kyli.
i got to know this guy and he is so sweet!as i observed them together it was obious that she was abusising him,verbaly.
id wanna pop her to.
anyway he had to go to court oct 24th for the back support and was sentanced to 8 yrs!
so wrong!
\well missy started treating him like **** while he was in there not taking his calls not visiting him not sending him any money for commisary needs ect.
i felt so sorry for him.
he wrote to me from jail and was so depessed needed someone to talk to.
so i started writing him so hed have mail.i opened the block off my phone so he could call just to talk and get things off his chest!
well a few times i would send him 20.00 so he could buy extra food and get stamps and envelpes to write.
just being nice you know,well he was transferred to tell city indiana on the kentucky border 3.5 hours from us,and he wrote me to tell me his new addy and the ***** cross the street didnt know we were writing,so she was stalking my freaking mailbox!
and 1 week ago thurs. she got into my mailbox and stole his letter!
stoled my mail!
well,umm you just dont do that!
not to me!
so im prosicuting her from the post office.
see i know shes been fooling rouynd on him but id never tell a man in prison that his woman was doing that.
well she was screaming at me calling me a whore and all oh plz!
people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
with the holidays and mail weider out he doesnt know she stole the letter yet!
i feel so bad for him cuz i know shell flame him!
im praying he wont do something stupid in there!
thank god shes moving!
i hope he writes me and tells me hes ok.
i worry bout him!
keep him in your prayers plz!
hes a good guy who got a bad rap and has a pissy girlfriend!
well im off to go cook,
be back op mon.
love you all!
hugs,

Sherry
12-26-2005, 10:31 AM
STOP!!!

Please Go To #60........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!