Old 12-12-2005, 11:05 AM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Weekly Chat 12/12 - 12/18

Good Monday to you all.

I know it's finals week for several of us around here, so good luck with that! One down for me, one with no final, one with a 8 page paper I have yet to write and one more actual test. I got $90 back so far for my books, and I have a few more to sell back, so hopefully I'll get a little bit more, it's my Christmas money!

I was down another half pound this morning surprisingly. Hopefully I will get a few workouts in this week.

Other than all that good stuff, I need a job, need to start shopping for Christmas and need to write a paper. Pretty much need to get it together.

Have a good one everybody!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #2  

I just finished taking my last final this morning. I am a bit nervous because I am not good at Geology. Thank God though I am already done. Good luck to you also I know how stressful it can be. Good luck on finding a job as well!!!

My goals are just to maintain for this Holiday Season.
Carmelita83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #3  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi, Happy Monday! I'm new to this chat, but I thought I'd jump in and say hello if that's OK!

A tiny bit about me: I'm a chemistry grad student, just finishing up and applying to law school right now. Kind of stressful. I'm also a newlywed, approaching my one year anniversary (4 weeks away!) We have a cat, live in an apartment, and are very happy! I've been on South Beach for just over two weeks, and have lost 8.5 pounds so far.

I had a great, relaxing weekend, and was able to get most of my Christmas shopping done. The weather was beautiful and the malls weren't too crazy! I also managed to treat myself to two new pairs of shoes. Always a good thing

It's nice to meet everyone and I hope you all have a great Monday!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:51 PM   #4  

Hey guys! My one and only final is tomorow (and it's a VERY easy class) which is good, but at the same time makes my "healthy kick" hard to maintain. All day I sit and watch movies and my roommates bake and order in pizza and chinese food. And then at night we all go out to the bars and everyone's drinking away the semester. So far I haven't caved, although I swear I had a dream last nite that I ate a huge Chinese meal! I think today I will go to the mall and walk around to keep myself busy.

PS I totally agree with how fun selling books back are. I went from having a quarter in my wallet to having definitely enough to last me for the next week.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #5  
Egy Kis Lany

I figure that it's about time for me to jump in with a chatting thread.
I've taken this year off from classes (Chemical Engineering) to do a couple of co-ops with General Electric. I'm in St. Louis now and will move to Louisville the first week in January to start my second position... then back to classes in September. So it's strange for me to hang out with my roommates (they're both in school) but I don't really have to worry about anything.
I just work the 40 hours and then am free, and it's nice. Then again, I sort of miss that great burst of 'thankgoditsalldoneithoughtiwasgoingtodienowi'llco llapse!!!' at the end of a semester...

After an off plan weekend, I'm excited to get back on this week. And good luck to all of you with finals!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #6  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I second Stephanie’s on finals to everyone who is in school. I definitely feel for you and know how it feels. Work hard and then play hard after!!!

Christina – I so am jealous of you almost finishing your Christmas shopping. I’ve barely started I need to get to it. Only 13 more days before Christmas!!! Aggghh!

PhysDom – You can do it this week. I’m glad that you’re starting fresh after coming from an off plan week. Glad you joined the chat

So this weekend I did barely any shopping at all. I got a white elephant gift for our department lunch and that’s it. Nothing else. Not a one gift for family or friends. I’m such a slacker LOL. I usually would be done by this time of year. I don’t know what’s up with me. We still don’t have our Christmas tree up and zero decorations have graced the inside or outside of our townhouse. The Christmas spirit just isn’t there yet. However, I did go iceskating on Saturday and that helped a little, but not enough. Uggghhh maybe a loss this week will help me get in the spirit. I think being healthy is a great gift to myself.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Man, I'm glad I don't have to worry about finals! I haven't for 2 years now--graduated a semester early in Dec. 2003. I think about going back and getting a graduate degree a lot, but then I remember how much I hate homework

Dieting was atrocious this weekend since I made strawberry bread, streusel/caramel/toffee bread, white chocolate fudge, and peanut butter fudge It'll all be out of the house tomorrow, though, since I'm bringing it to work for our group Christmas party--just had to sample the goods before letting everyone else dig in
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Good luck to all those ladies with finals! It's nice to not worry about finals now, but at the same time, I kind of miss them. Well, I shouldn't say I miss finals, just the college lifestyle, I guess.

Eating and exercising this weekend weren't that great, but they weren't totally terrible either. I feel like I'm doing pretty good just to maintain my weight right now. I mean, I would love to lose, but I feel OK with maintaining, too (during this time of year) -- at least it's not a gain.

We really got in the Christmas spirit this weekend with a boat parade and a Christmas program at church. Next weekend, we have two house parties and my BF's Christmas party, which is at a swanky hotel. I really need to find something to wear! As if this weren't a stressful enough time trying to find great gifts for everyone, I've got to find a dressy outfit that looks good on me?!?!? Yikes. Anyway, I think I'm going shopping tonight.

Hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #9  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

I had a pretty stressful weekend, especially yesterday, and even though I am usually so good w/ being in control of my eating, I binged last night. At first it was out of true hunger, and then it got to the point (almost 1400 calories later) that I was trying to drown my emotions and then I felt really uncomfortable and overstuffed. I never want to feel like that again. Even after last night's eating spree, I am a lb down from last week, and I suspect I am holding on to some extra water weight from the carbs last night, so as long as I am on plan this week, I should be seeing 170-171 next Monday. I am sooo close to my Dec. 31 goal. I really want to make it.

OK, today's a new day, yesterday is behind me. I'm going to be going on a 60 min. 4+ mile walk in a half-hour. We finally got the entirely decorated this weekend (my Mother and I had to do it....I live w/ a bunch of lazy teenagers ). Stockings are hung by the chimney w/ care, balsam fir wreath is decorated w/ red and gold christmas ribbons and pinecones and hung on the front door, the bannister is bare and is waiting for garland and bows, the house is a mess like a tornado just came through so I will be doing a lot of cleaning today and tomorrow & my 18 yo sister is coming home for Winter Break on Wednesday. Her finals are over tomorrow. I can't wait to see her!

Mocha, I'm in the same boat as you.....haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. I'll be crossing off my gift lists this week, I promise!

Good luck to everybody who are taking finals and writing papers. My advice is to take exercise breaks to clear your head and destress in the middle of studying and paper writing marathons. I'm so glad I'm done w/ school...although I may go back for a Masters w/in the next two years...I'm tossing the idea around in my head.

Christina!
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #10  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Jess and Jenn_2005 - thanks for the warm welcome! Jess - is that your dog in your avatar? It's adorable!

Good luck to all of you who have finals coming up!!! It may be stressful right now, but you all are going to be so happy when they're all over!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #11  

jenn- I love your attitude! It's hard after a binge to get right back on the healthy lifestyle train but it seems like you are a very strong person and had no problems at all. I am scared with finals that I'm just going to start eating and not be able to stop...

Anyone have any big Christmas parties coming up that they are nervous about? I have a BIG vacation over winterbreak next week so I'm a little nervous about the eating and exercise.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #12  
12 pounds lost in 2006

CookieMonster - I have two work parties this year, but I've declined my friends annual Christmast party. They always have a bunch of tasty treats and I just can't trust myself to go. Later on my friends and I are having our annual Christmas get together and we have decided on bringing healthy food. I think that is a big help!!!

Christina - Yes that is my puppy Chase. He is 17 weeks old

Jenn - Hopefully by the end of this week we will have finished our shopping. Ugghh I'm dreading it!

Jill - Can you come to my house and cook all those yummy sweets? My mouth is watering now!!!!

Carmelita - Maintaining doing the holidays is a good goal. It's so hard to lose when we want to enjoy in the festivities with friends and family. I think your goal is great!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Jill - I'm with Jess, reading your post totally make me hungry!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Oooh ooh! I want peanut butter fudge!

It might make these finals bearable. I have a 10 page essay for my cultural anthro class due on Thurs which I have yet to start. I'm *trying* to get some reading done for it but I'm really not into this cultural stuff. To top it off I have a cumulative calculus final Wednesday which I need to study for. Argh!

I'm not done with Christmas shopping either. To make it even harder everything I get has to get packed in a bag to fly out to Pa 2 days after Christmas.

Two GREAT things happened today. First I got my Christmas eve outfit and the skirt is a size 16! That means I've officially dropped from a waaaay too tight 20 to a 16! I was actually able to buy something nice off the rack. Then tonight I noticed that my cellulite is GONE. My legs and butt are as smoooooth as a baby's. Hehe. Probably TMI but I was so excited.

I guess that's it for now. Back to finals' stuff for me.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:00 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert
I'm not done with Christmas shopping either. To make it even harder everything I get has to get packed in a bag to fly out to Pa 2 days after Christmas.
I hear ya--I still have to buy something (who knows what?!) for my sister's fiance (what do you buy someone who makes nearly a 6-digit yearly income?!), and I still want to pick up one more thing for my Jeff (I call him MY Jeff since my sister's fiance's name is also Jeff ). We're also flying up to CT for Christmas, so everything we buy here needs to get checked with our luggage! I forgot about that when I bought my soon-to-be niece (my sister's fiance's daughter) her gifts, but for my sister's gift, I ordered it online and had it shipped directly up to my parents' in CT so I wouldn't have to pack it

Alright, all my fudge and breads are here with me in the office for the Christmas party this afternoon, so nothing left in my apartment to binge on when I go home after work (I crashed and burned yesterday, ending up with well over 3000 calories for the day ). Back on the horse today (well, maybe just one leg slung over the saddle--after all, it is our Christmas party at work today! ). I will be strong and steer clear of my fudge and bread at the party. After all, I made it myself, I have already had plenty, and I can make it again next year, so I don't need anymore today!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote