Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #155

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #155

da fat n da furious
12-12-2005, 12:58 AM
HELLO & Welcome To the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey as well as our every day lives. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and please join us.

Mom2Gaby
12-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks for starting the new thread Angie!!! You are so multi talented :)

I am headed for a meeting but am waiting for a telephone call from co workers sister - she went back to Montana. Dang - now who does he have?? It is his birthday and they have him slated to leave ICU by the end of the week.

Gaby was a dog in her former life. Something weird happened at birth and she didn't want to nurse. I had to put a bowl down on the floor for her to lap milk from. lol

k- I better get to my meeting.

FrouFrou
12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Hello ladies, and a good Monday to all

This weather has been so nice...up to 60 yesterday and supposed to be 52 today! :sunny: I'm lovin' it!

MICHELLE~(((((((HUGS))))))) to you sweetie. :grouphug: :hug: I know how hard it is to lose a loved one and my heart goes out to you and your friend & family. I watched my grandma die of pancreatic cancer, an uncle with bone cancer and a nephew with Leukemia. Just doesn't seem fair. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. And you be careful at work with all that freight and stocking the shelves. I know you have to do it but still...be careful.

SUSAN~too funny! I also was going to mention Janet Evanovich and the little girl who thinks she is a horse! Love those books! Potato soup sounds delicious! I haven't had/made any in years...the kids don't like it and I refuse to cook two different meals so...of course potato soup is relatively easy to make.

ANGIE~I LOVE Luther Vandross!! :love: I have a lot of his CD's but not that one. I think I would like to have it though and I still can't believe he is gone! :cry: I am going to have to check out Li Divo, not sure I have heard of them and I am curious about the hot guys! :lol: I've seen the previews of the Johnny Cash movie but I have never really been a fan of his music so won't be seeing the movie to hear the music. But...I do like Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix. I think it was him that said he was going to quit acting, I sure hope not. Brandon made me think of Josh...at one time he wanted a black room-we compromised and he settle with the dark green. I was a little worried he wouldn't like what we did to his room when he came home. He walked in and said "What did you do to my room?! I like it!" I thought he was just saying that to be nice but he really does like it and he hasn't even put the furniture back the way it was when he left. You should take some pics of his room when you are done-would love to see it-sounds really cool! And I like grey.

JANE~I did finish the book and it was good. It was about 4 ladies that took a journal writing class and became friends. They would get together every Thursday at 8 am and chitchat. There's a lot more to it, but it was good. Totally understand about having your family Christmas early.

Hi to everyone else...Sue, Marti, Katiecat, Katy, Jules, Connie, EM and anyone I've missed, because I know I have. Hope all is well with you.

Again, and as usual, not a lot going on with me. Same old stuff, different day. Did get some walking in. I really need to get back on track with it. It's just been so cold all I've wanted to do was stay indoors and stay warm. Of course I do have a treadmill so there really is no excuse for not walking. I weighed today and am up 1/2 pound which is not so bad, considering I over did it this past weekend. :nono: I'm back on track with the food and water but need to get the walking back on track. I actually miss walking at the park and mowing the lawn-that's where I got a lot of my exercise...the yardwork! Anyway, getting back on track with everything TODAY! And that is why I weigh once a week...to make sure I don't start going up again.

Take care ladies and have a good one! :hohoho:

jules1216
12-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I am excited--took lunch to try and find the one thing my mom wanted for Christmas---she turns 73 on the 21st and she wanted ear muffs. Who would think that they would be hard to find--none at Walmart, none at Target, none at Kohls..didn't want to go into the stores at the actual mall...last stop..KMART and success. Two for $5--I got her a pair of black ones for casual and a pair of fake rabbit fur to dress it up a little. I've got other things for her too, but she rarely asks for anything!!

Off to do a PM Yoga tape.....

Jane
12-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi ladies,

Angie - thank you so much for the Christmas card and the postcard from
Disney World. My DGDs never get enough of the castle, so I left it out where they'll be sure and see it when they come over.

Susan - I edited your original bio for you, sweetie. Not a problem. Gaby is such a cutie patooty! How are the older girls? You mentioned one was living with you, and that the other was going to move in. How's that going?

Michelle - so sorry about your friend. :( I've been down that road and it makes you feel so helpless, doesn't it?

Cristi - like you, I'd much rather do "natural" exercises. Especially chasing the DGDs around in the yard, lol. Not gonna happen for awhile, though.

Marti - :wave:

We just got back from Mackenzie the 1st grader's Christmas program. It was so cute and she said her lines just right. Proud grandma here, lol. Tomorrow is Makenzie the 3 y/o 's Christmas program. That should be a good one, too, lol.

Not much going on. The snow is all melted and it doesn't look very festive outside.

Gotta run!

Mom2Gaby
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
It is 38* here Jane, no snow. I can't stand cold weather!!

Older girls are doing ok - they flop wherever they can lately. It is even right now. I think the newness of "me" wore off and so they go where they can get a good deal. lol Beck is at basketball right now and Rach is writing a paper on the big bang.
I just dialed my work phone number and let Gaby listen to my message. She goes "where are you??" I don't think she realizes it was a machine.

We have the residents dinner tomorrow - going to be in the kitchen all day.......with food. yum.

Saw co worker for a few minutes and I must say he looks wiped out. He seemed down and depressed but I just think he was exhausted from all his weekend visitors.Another female co worker told me not to go in there and hold his hand and sniffle too loudly. lol. So, I didn't. Though he did hold my hand and I did give him a hug and he gave me a stuffed kitty that someone gave him. I was going to give it to Gaby.

Assistant was put on stress leave by her doctor and she is opening up a claim, also she is filing a complaint with BOLI - whatever that is ???

k- dinner time!

Chat later.

da fat n da furious
12-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Susan,,,that assistant should have a claim put against her. She will get hers one day. One of the other ladies I work with kept in contact with that thing that sat next to me,,,shes not doing well...shes on her 3rd job...hmmm

Jane,,,I can hear the pride!

Jules,,,ear muffs are cool...I was thinking of buying a pair for myself at the zoo,,,can't wear hats,,,big head...too much hair...and just look down right frumpy. Ear muffs would do...lol And it wouldn't mess the do...ha ha ha
WAsn't smart,,,I lost my zoo tickets to get in,,,so not good. Will take the vehicle apart tomorrow,,,already took the purse apart 2 times.

Cristi,,,Im hoping Brandon says he likes it...my big plan is to buy some lil exta mini lights in red,,and drap some from the ceiling...Ive told monte Id like to sell the bedroom set he has,,,which is my old set. And make Brandon a bed,,,a captains bed but double sized. Ikea has a nice shelf in black and silver. And then a desk for his computer should do it. His room is only 11 x 11 so not big. Plus I had bought both boys a video chair. I will take pics...
well off to bed...
night all

suetalks
12-13-2005, 02:02 AM
Hello ladies. We were in IN just in time for the cold and the 7 inches or so of snow! Back in Las Vegas and away from that ice and snow. My computer at home acted up the whole time I was there..and it is my newer puter. I will have to get that taken care of when we get home in the Spring. I did read and try to keep up with you all. I couldn't however get my private messages...until I got back to this computer. So, I will say here that I am sorry about not sending my address to you gals. No cards for me this year..and I forgot to bring your addy here with me Jane. It is laying on my desk at home. *sigh* I am nothing short of a mess right now. SO sorry I am not being a very good friend.

FrouFrou
12-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey ladies :hohoho:

Susan~glad to hear the co-worker is doing well.

Jules~I bought some ear muffs last year and never used them. But when it got cold in October for a few days I remembered I had them and used them when walking at the park. They helped a lot, there's nothing to block the wind out there. My face and ears always get the coldest when I am walking and I can't take it long if they get too cold. But half way through the walk I was so warm I had to take them off. My head was really hot! And no it wasn't hot flashes! :lol: Of course I have been having a few lately. :lol:

Angie~I am sure Brandon will like his new room. Hope you find the zoo tickets. Speaking of the zoo...I need to find out when the zoo here does their Zoobilee Lights thing. I'm sure they are already doing it, I just forgot about it so thanks for reminding me! :D

Jane~I miss the kids being in school, so many fun, cute things they did. Anyway, have fun at the program.

Hi Sue, and everyone else :tree: :rudolph: :wreath:

Looks like we are going to be getting some rain today. Kind of cloudy and icky looking but snow isn't in the forecast until the weekend. I'm hoping it passes us, don't want any more. :crossed: Take care ladies and have a GREAT day!

Mom2Gaby
12-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Ang- I have thought of a claim against her - defamation of character sounds like a winner - after I learned she was calling me a *itch to the residents.

Jules - My ex is 72 - lol. Seems young to me. I think my mother is 62 now.

Cristi - I am sure co worker will be fine. He seemed down to me, nice man. My sweetie is in Hawaii :love: though. He is buying me a vacuum for Christmas, what a guy. lol Seem attached to him.

Ex called and said Gaby was horrid at the ortho today. Rach got her braces off. I said "Yes, she likes the water cooler and likes to play in the waiting room". We have been kicked out a many a times. lol He said "no....I think she is tired"
I said to just give her a nap and no pop!!!:nono:

Ok, I am STARVED. We are having a dinner today. I asked if I could help and Boyfriend didn't say anything. I guess I am in charge of the office?? What the heck. He is a friggin control freak.

better get

Marti
12-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Hello Ladies--

So much chattin' going on I don't think I can keep up! So I will do my individuals the next time I pop in.

I've been busy trying to get all my shopping done and it seems like I'm running out of time way too fast! I have Jhanai the next three weekends and I still need to finish her shopping. "gotta make time"

I think I've spent who knows how much time on my Christmas cards yesterday. I was going to do them over the weekend but I wasn't home most of the time. So I did thmem all yesterday before work...then I get a couple email from people giving me their home address......so I got to remember them! I have about 40 or more cards I'm sending, that's a lot for me!

Pretty much nothing new going on w/me. Just running out of time and trying to keep up! (I think I'm losing hair in the process....why couldn't I be losing weight?!:D )

I'm heading off to browse a minute and then shower. I will chat w/you later!

jules1216
12-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Jane--first graders are cute--our friends 3 year old has been practicing Frosty the Snowman--she starts to sing until she gets stuck and looks at Becky and says, "you do it now Mommy"--cracks me up.
....the worst part about snow is all the mud that gets left after it melts...

susan--hugs are very therapeutic..my Mom seemed old to me when she was 40....she is so serious all the time, I think it was the Mennonite upbringing and financially taking care of her younger siblings---ear muffs were a "fun" gift to get her.

Ang--Hope you find the zoo tickets--I can't wait for warm weather to go to the Washington DC zoo and see the new baby panda

Cristi - thanks for the b-day and christmas cards--I keep telling everyone at work that when I start with the hot flashes that I am going to spontaneously combust because I am always hot any way--everyone complains they are cold at work (except during HF's) and I usually have my fan running...

I went and did my Slim-n-tone workout tonight--I am trying to go at least 3 times a week, it's supposed to be record cold temps tonight and another snow storm coming in again on Thursday night--a few years ago the whole winter was a series of weekend snowstorms--there was about two months straight that the only bare ground we saw was where it was shoveled or plowed...hope it's not going to be that bad this year but it's looking like it might. Wooley bear caterpillars predicted a mild winter--keep hoping that the are right.

Is there a special time that everyone goes to chat? every time i stop in there's nobody home....

Jane
12-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi ladies,

Well, I almost always do individuals, but am going to pass tonight. We were just now able to get on the internet for some reason, and I'm too bushed to think straight.

Makenzie's preschool program was tonight, and she was so cute. No bias here at all, lol. :D

Take care and I'll try to do better tomorrow.

da fat n da furious
12-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey all,,,
half frozen here,,,found the zoo tickets and went,,,stood outside singing my lil ol heart out freezing. I left once to get hot choc. (I didn't know the song and well didn't like it all that much,,,couldn't pronounce some of the words)
Just had alot of fun...I was so cold and once point I couldn't pronounce the words,,,sounded like I had all SHH for S's Rachel, one of the ladies next to me almost well did something in your pants laughing so hard...which got me going which got another lady going,,,it got kinda bad there for a moment...lol I had the giggles so bad...
Michelle,,,thats great that you are doing your workouts even though your dogs are barking(feet hurt)
well I should get to bed,,,night ladies

suetalks
12-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Speaking of the cute things kids do....My grandson called his aunt and started singing Feliz Navidad (spelled wrong I am sure..) And he was doing quite well at the words until she started singing back at him in English saying "I want to wish you a Merry Christmas" very loudly. He got real quiet and said "good-bye" and hung up. She is still laughing about it.
On my birthday he called me and started singing "Happy Birthday" After a few words he said "oh, I am too embaressed" and hung up on me. LOL
He is 5. And the cutest 5 year old...as if I am not biased.

Trying to get my gifts all together tomorrow and might even get our little tree out and decorate a bit. We are not in the mood or ready for the holidays...but they are upon us. Still waiting to hear if we are getting company for Christmas. If so I will make fudge and some party mix. Want to fix a turkey breast and the trimmings also.
Today we mailed the house plans to the builder and should be ready to go by Spring. Here I was at the P.O. and forgot stamps. Grrrrr. Wanted to go to Target for a couple gift cards and we both totally forgot. THAT is why we usually have post-its on the kitchen counter or sometimes on the steeriing wheel..LOL If we don't make lists we are pretty much lost. I have a list for tomorrow, now if I don't forget the list. I think I am the oldest member here, so you youngsters don't know what I am talking about, huh?

I will be back tomorrow and finally do individuals..if I don't forget!!!

Katiecat
12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi Ladies!

This is quick, running out the door to work (as usual)

Down another pound this week, man it's slow, but hopefully steady. One lady made lifetime in our meeting last week (has maintained her goal weight for 6 weeks). She said it took her 2 years to lose 45 lbs, averaging about 1/2 lb per week. Slow, but she did it!

Oh, and a NSV...I am wearing a pair of black jeans I haven't been able to get into for 2 years, yay!

OK, see you soon...

FrouFrou
12-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Hiya ladies, and happy hump day! :carrot:

Geez, what a bunch of crazy, rude people out and about today! That just so ruins the Christmas spirit I swear. And I am so tired of people and their cell phones! If you can't drive and talk on the phone then pull over and park and get out of the way instead of going 20 in a 40! This is why I hate going shopping during the holidays! And I was out early too. Had to buy groceries and Wal-mart really wasn't so bad, just really didn't feel up to going. Then ran to the bookstore. Had to get Sue Graftons new book and a couple of other books for C. Then off to Hallmark to find something for my elderly neighbor. I feel bad that I haven't chatted with her as much as I would have liked to or been the best neighbor to her and thought I would give her a little something. She's the sweetest old lady and lives alone but gets around fine! She has friends and her DD, SIL and grandson that look after her but I want her to know if there's ever anything we can do for her to not hestitate to ask. Sometimes I think she gets around better than I do! :lol: But man is it good to be home! I so love shopping online....

MARYKATE~WTG on the loss and the NSV! Woohoo!:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :cb: Don't cha just love those NSV?! And the losses too of course. The lady at WW sounds like me...it will probably take me that long to reach goal, but that's fine with me.

ANGIE~you poor thing, hope you warmed up real quick after the zoo thing. Andthe giggling/laughing...that's terrible and very contagious! I had to leave church once because of it. Glad you had fun!

JULES~you sound like DH. He always has a fan going too. The man is a walking furnace and wears short sleeves in the winter all the while I have 2 shirts on, jeans, socks and still freezing! I think I have ice running through my veins and he has fire! :lol: These darn menopausal symptoms aren't helping at all. For the last few days I go through having the chills to burning up, not fun at all. About chat...not sure anyone goes anymore. I hardly ever did because I think the time was Wednesday mornings and Thursday evenings. It's been so long I don't remember. But Thursday was my fav show night from 7-10 and Wednesday's I do my grocery shopping so I was hardly there.

SUE~ahhhh, your grandson sounds so adorable! That is just too cute, but so grown up sounding. I too am one who makes lists! I need to make a list to remember my lists! :lol: Well, I am in the mood for the hoildays but when I go to a store there seems to be someone who always ruins it! I will never understand people and their need to be rude...like they are the only one that matters. Really ruins it for others.

JANE~glad the program was a blast. You ladies are really making me want grandkids!

MARTI~try not to get stressed with all that you do and have to do. I know that is easier said than done. So does this mean Jhanai will spend Christmas with you and James?

Hi to everyone else!:hohoho:

Today was a busy day but now that I am home I still have the laundry to get done. Wasn't thinking and didn't do any yesterday. Oh well...it'll get done. Did the shopping thing as I said above and later on after dinner, V and I are headed to a couple of places to look at the Christmas lights. There are three places that are on a lake, well, what they call a lake. It's really just an oversized pond. But I haven't seen 2 their light displays so we are doing that. Not sure we will make all three since we went to one before, and it's quite a distance from the other two so we'll look at those two and go through some neighborhoods on the way back. I love looking at the Christmas lights/displays and think I will take my camera and see if I can get some good photos. Anywho...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful rest of the day! :snowglo:

Mom2Gaby
12-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Congrats Mary Kate on the weight loss!! YAY Must feel real good to wear clothes that you couldn't get into months ago??

Cute how my big jeans are now fitting me now - lol. I don't care.

OP is overated, OP is overated, OP is overated, OP is overated...:devil: :devil: :devil:

I was eating some yummy cream of chicken soup last night - made me feel heavy so I didn't weigh this morning. I am STARVING now though.

We are hiring a security guard for night time at the complex.That will help.

I guess that is it. I know - boring.

Better get.

FrouFrou
12-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Hiya Susan~just to let ya know, you are never boring missy! I always look forward to your posts! You're making me hungry with this talk of soup, and I am freezing at the moment so it surely would warm me up right now! Maybe some hot choc! mmmm, that sounds good...think I will go and have me a cup! See ya later! :wave:

Jane
12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi ladies,

Angie - hope you got all warmed up. I like singing carols, even though I can't carrry a tune in a basket. I always feel sorry for whoever is sitting in front of me at church.

Jules - yay for you, doing the Slim n Tone. Is this at a gym?

Sue - like you, I'm a list maker and have been all my life. I need them now more than ever, lol. We've narrowed our floor plans down between 2. Thought we had the right one, but then I kind of customized it.

MaryKate - a big YAY to you for losing another pound, and especially for getting into the black jeans.

Cristi - I finished the new Sue Grafton book late last night. It was really good - a true page-turner. Aw, I know you'e a good neighbor to the lady next door, and it's sweet you want to get something for her.

I finally got rested. Seems like I've been running too much lately. I think Mary and I are going to the movies tonight to see Derailed. She and I both read the book, and it was so good! The story line puts you in mind of Fatal Attraction. When will some guys get the clue to keep their you-know-whats in their pants, lol.

See you later. :wave:

Jane
12-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Susan - so you mean you can eat Cream of Mushroom soup without putting it in a recipe?????

Mom2Gaby
12-14-2005, 04:29 PM
You can eat anything Jane. lol It was chicken, I don't think I could eat mushroom soup - gag. I like mushroom in that green beans dish. I was dipping wheat bread in the soup.

Thanks Cristi :)

Marti
12-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Crimeny!!

My computer is REALLY slow, so I have another quick "Hello" to you all!

I haven't forgotten you! James has been working on some projects and it takes computer time away from me. If I have time I will try to post some at work!

Hugs to all!:hug:

da fat n da furious
12-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Good evening ladies,,,
quickly before making dinner,,,
Cristi,,,and that Sweety is why I hate malls at christmas. I can't tolerate teh rude people who push and shove,,or worse yet the ones who bring their whole family to window shop and take a huge amount of room,,,so you have to walk at their pace. *wheeww got alot of aggression out on that!

Marti,,,no worries my computer time is cut down with Tanner addicted to a game and homework.

Jane,,,so you have picked the one between the two right?

Susan,,I love mushroom soup...they have the campbell's on the go soup...gag is all I can say it was so gross I don't know if I can eat mushroom soup again (for awhile)

Nothing new here,,,weather is still nice...work was good. Got paid today with a chit in my pay stub,,,meaning 3 dozen beer,,wahoo...kidding I really don't like beer. And then my boss came and gave Monte her chit for all the treats he brings her. And then Becky was saying she was going to give Monte her chit. She gets a chit a month. So thats a total of 9 dozen beer...well we are invited to a few parties,,,we will be bringing the suds this here I guess.
Tanner has a tv movie audition tomorrow. He's not sure if its appropriate,,,there's alot of swears in it...lol
He's not feeling well so who knows.
Anyways better get myself to weigh in...arghhh Ive been bad. With not eating for so long I well then ate. It was ok but I did eat a cookie here adn there, that I shouldn't of. The scale will tell the tale of my adventures..lol

da fat n da furious
12-14-2005, 11:30 PM
I gained,,,as I knew I was going to. .6 lb up...learned my lesson...thow shalt stray from the path again this week.

EarthyMama
12-15-2005, 03:20 AM
:) :) Hey Ladies :) :) :)
Congratulations Mary-Kate on some weight well lost!

Cream of anything plain? EWWWWWWWW
Just had to get that out there!

Angie: .6 pound. Let that be a lesson to you Missy! Just kidding. You can do it, its just hard this time of year! It could be water weight too, so drink your water! Reminding you to do so, reminds me to not be a hypocrite. *chug, chug, chug* hehe

I'm so sad hearing about all these cute little Christmas plays and songs. I am so not even in the spirit this year! I want to go see cute little kids do christmas stuff! Thats the only regret I have about home schooling, (when I decide too) - No cute christmas pageants/plays/musicals...
Waaah.

I'm exhausted, so I'm going to go.

EM

EarthyMama
12-15-2005, 05:03 PM
I updated my bio today ladies. (:(:(:

FrouFrou
12-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Just a quickie to say HI! :hohoho: :wave: And...to say THANK YOU Connie, Jules and MaryKate for the beautiful Christmas cards I received in the mail today! :thanks: :ginger: :elf: :rudolph: (Love these smilies!) Later ladies...:clause:

jules1216
12-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Mary Kate--Yay--getting into old pants would be great!! I still haven't lost anything at all--but the upside is that I haven't gained either.....

Cristi--I hate drivers talking on the cell phone anytime!!! You should see some of the things I have seen going to work on the interstate in the mornings--in addition to the cell phones, putting on makeup--not talking about a quick lipstick touch up, doing complicated hairdos, drinking coffee while reading the paper --- all while going 70 plus in the fast lane.....

Susan--my ds actually likes the cream of "insert almost anything here" soups--his favorite is actually home-made cream of mushroom, but it can be cream of chicken, potato, asparagus.....

Angie-good luck at the scales and I hope Tanner is feeling better..no fun to be sick

Jane- yes, Slim-n-Tone is a gym that is very similar to Curves. It's affiliated with Nutri-system. I am seriously considering doing Nutri System for a month or two to get my portion control in control...I have never read the Sue Grafton books, but you all have me interested and I think I'll get one--should I start at the beginning wit "A" or can I just put the new one on my wish list and read it without being lost?

EM--I am glad you're back!

Marti, Connie & Sue and any one else I missed--Hi to you too!!
:hohoho: :shocksn: :coolsnow: :clause: :rudolph: :tree:

Marti
12-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Grrrr!!! I'm so mad!

I had all my individuals almost done when something happened and my computer shut down and restarted!! Sheesh!! And it was such a long post too!

I've ran out of time and I will try and retype it all tonight after work if I can get on the computer before James does.

I hope you're all having a great day and know I'm thinking of ya!

Try to be back later tonight!

da fat n da furious
12-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Good Evening Ladies,,,
Marti,,,hate when that happens. I need to update my anitvirus right away...

Jules,,,I have seen some strange things too...I once was driving and saw a couple more or less making out,,,he had to have been doing about 110 km *shudder to think,,,definetly crack their teeth against each other..lol

Em...*head down in shame,,I promise to drink only water or possibly green tea the rest of the day. ITs 5:30 Ive only had 1 glass of water and a huge cup of coffee all day. Could you not do some program for home schooled kids? I know that at the YMCA they have home school programs all the time...would of liked to do a few but it was during the time Tanner was in school...that could be a problem...lol

Well Tanner is really sick,,,with the flu. Pukey and just down right icky feeling, Called his agent and she was cool...knows how he feels since she too just got over the flu.
Im on a mission to clean as much as I can tonight,,,hate all this germy stuff around me. The Virgo is coming out..stand back people!
Did some shopping,,,my brother Garrette got a karaoke machine for christmas,,,well he doesn't know he has. Hes 22 but because complications at birth lack of oxygen he is mentally more 10 or so. So I bought him 3-2packs of CD's ...oh the fun we are going to have Christmas. I told Monte Id like to buy one...lol
well I need to get in my cleaning frenzy.

suetalks
12-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Good evening ladies. I have settled in all snuggly with plans to answer mail and visit websites. DH went out for awhile and is bringing home the dreaded pizza later. Sounds like everyone is so busy here.
Jane- We have been fine tuning our plan for over a year and finally had it drawn up and plans made. Then this last builderhad a model home of another plan and we liked it. BUT DH says we will do our original plan if the price is right. That old price thing!
Cristi- I haven't tried shopping online, but would really like to. DH is so paranoid about someone stealing our credit info. I am also, but not to his extent. I know what you mean about rude people. I thought the holidays were supposed to bring out the best in people, but I don't know where the best got off to...sure don't see it much. Here the problem is pedestrians, they run in front of you like they are daring you. Sometimes they even yell obsenities at drivers like the driver is at fault. Every day there is a hit and run or just some one run over listed in the paper.
Marti- I hate it when that happens with the computer. My Dell in Indiana gave me nothing but trouble when I was home. I guess I will find someone to work on it when I get back. It needs completely wiped out and re-done. I did that myself on the old one with Windows 98, but the XP was a different story.
Jules- The Slim and tone sounds good. I would like to do Curves and actually might when we get back to IN. It is close to us there. I have no idea where it is out here, but I am not comfortable going into some of the places here. Little town girl here not used to the big city.
EM-I don't get to go to my DGS's little programs since he is in CA. But I did always enjoy those things. I did get to go to my DGD's program when I was home. She is a freshman in HS though...and while not as cute as the little guys it was a wonderful musical evening. Some of those kids really have great voices. DGD did not have a solo, but she is a terrific singer and dancer.
Angie- Hope Tanner is better. .6 isn't a great gain...could be just water like mentioned. It sounds like you are doing real well. I have just given up AGAIN. But, my day will come.
Susan- UGH..cream of mushroom doesn't do a thing for me either. I do like cream of brocolli or potato however. I have been reading your tales of the workplace. LOL. Makes me glad I don't work anymore.

Well, like I said I am trying to get some things done..ha..stopped for hot chocolate. I did get back to walking and have done at least 35 minutes each day. Hoping to get up to an hour or so. But it has been sooo windy. You take 2 steps forward and one back. But it sure makes your leg muscles tingle!

Well...have a great week-end all JL's. I am trying to get in the holiday mood...I have been "bah humbugging" it for too long.

Jane
12-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi ladies,

A big thank you to MaryKate, Jules and Connie for the sweet Christmas cards I got today.

Susan - wheat bread with soup sounds good. Soup sounds good. Everything sounds good!!!

Marti - hope your computer snafus are about over! I know how aggravating that can be.

Angie - sorry Tanner is sick. Will he get another shot at the audition? I'm so impressed that he was even asked to do one! If he gets the part, will we be able to see him in the US?

Em - Christmas is coming so fast and although I'm ready for it as far as gifts and dinner goes, I don't think I'm ready mentally, you know? I need another month, lol.

Jules - no, you don't have to read the Sue Grafton books in order to enjoy them. She gives a short update on the important stuff in each one. I think you'd really like the main character, Kinsey Millhone.

Cristi - hiya. :wave:

Sue - be careful if you go to Curves. More than one of my friends/acquaintences have hurt their knees there. And that really bites, too, because Curves is just the sort of place I would love, what with the social aspect of it.

Had lunch in town with 3 y/o Madison today. It was her first time at a special little "ladies luncheon" restaurant we have. She said the funniest thing - when our food was brought to the table, she goes, "Grandma, you didn't pay for this!" :rofl: I tried to keep a straight face and explained that at some restaurants you can eat first, then pay. A waitress was cleaning off the next table, and she cracked up. When I told Mary about it later, she said they seldom go to those kinds of places, lol.

Btw, I did excellent at the restaurant, food-wise, then came home and raided a box of chocolates Neal was given at work. :(

Got my hair touched up and trimmed. My stylist said the gray is becoming harder and harder to absorb the dye. Boo hoo. You know what this means, don'tcha???

Better run - be good and take care.

Jane
12-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Good morning!:wave:

Just a note to say I'm in Neal's office right now. I came to work with him on his last day to walk out with him. After 32 years, I know he'll be sad, in a way, about leaving.

Have a good day, and I'll check in later.

jules1216
12-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Jane--tell Neal Happy retirement, it amazing when the "retirees" come back to our office for a visit they all look younger and more relaxed! They all have tales of the fun stuff they have done. Makes me want to retire early!!
The joke is since I am 40, that when the rest of my staff retires I am really going with them because I don't want to retrain after a mass exodus...my staff consists of 5 ladies and a temp that comes in when we are busy....their ages are from lowest to highest, 58,60,61,62 (will retire early next year with her husband),66 (wants to wait to retire at 67) and my temp is a retiree that is 75. The psycho worker that didn't have work ethics and got by on her looks that got transferred was 35. The ladies always tell me I am not the supervisor I am their "activities director".

EarthyMama
12-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi Jane. I second what Jules says, just don't let Neal slow down! You slow down you get old, y'know!

:) Have a great day!

Mom2Gaby
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
I am really tired but wanted to say hello - otherwise I will start another week of not saying anything.
I noticed on this site a lot of pop ups and spyware ads lately.
blah
We had a lease signing party today. I was in charge of cookies and punch and I bought bunches of balloons (red/white) to place in the community room. I thought it looked rather nice.We backed up quick and it was tiring. They called in my former boss and when he left he saw me with a cookie platter.Smartie Boss said "did you eat them all??" I just said "I am working on my 20 plus gain."
He is so small - just naturally thin. He eats carrots and apples all the time but also smokes. So, whatever. I would rather be chubby and not smoke.
Beck is sick - the girls start a 2 week vacation. I think we will get our tree tomorrow. I almost have all the XMAS cards out.
I did send Mike and his parents pictures. I wanted to get a 8x10 frame for that one pic I was going to give him.
I guess that is it. Going to go home and snuggle with Gabster.

adios!

Jane
12-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Jules and EM - aww, thanks from Neal and me both. :hug:

Susan - me too, about the chubby and not smoking!

da fat n da furious
12-16-2005, 10:27 PM
So Jane,,,how was it? Walking Neal out? I probably would of been crying...I got choked up reading you going to be there for him.

Susan,,,how many cookies did you have?

A big thank you for all the wonderful cards...

I had today off,,,ahhh what a nice feeling,,,slept in. Tanner is still sick so I again kept him home from school. The weather is nasty and just doesn't need to be trudging through that.
I did some many lil errands that needed doing. Did I mention I bought tickets for this thing called Cash and Carry for Cancer? It was like 3 for $100 Anyways I had almost forgot about it and they called to say I won! a Cordless phone AND answering machine which is so perfect. Both of ours was on its last leg.
Nothing else new...My brother Arden and his wife Heather will be coming over tomorrow. I got my bonus,,,3 dozen beer,,wahooo I hate beer...*shudder And because Monte is always bringing treats for my boss and the girls she gave him her chit (3 dozen beer) Ill take that to Sylvan.

well off to bed I go.

EarthyMama
12-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Hey ladies,
got some excercise in today. 30 minutes of stretching and 300 stairs on the machine. But, I also went over my carb limit by about 10. I just feel so hungry today, I got four 8 oz. glasses of water in, but thats about it. The reason for the hunger I realize.
I was just on the "Fear of giving birth" thread in general chatter and only one person commented on my birth photos! I tried not to feel like a freak but I kind of did.
Still trying to get grounded here. On the last web board I was a frequent poster of, out there things like talk of eating the placenta after birth didn't raise too many a eyebrow. Have to remind myself not everyone is into looking at naked chicks giving birth and seeing the beauty I see! So, I'm trying to not be too 'hippy' and have people hate me. But, its me! Thats always the problem. I never fit in anywhere. Too 'mainstream' for the hippies, to hippie for the mainstreamers.
*sigh* I don't know. This is just my only social interaction I have these days and I relish every part of it! I can't wait until I move up to the Portland area. Maybe I'll meet some middle of the roaders like me.
Sorry for venting, just kinda bummed. Over the carb limit, and tired of these four walls, laundry, and Veggie Tales. On the upside, I did pick up my moms afghan and started knitting on it again. I haven't really knitted since Daphne was born...
You ladies have a wonderful OP day :)
Love to you all,
Katie

EM

EarthyMama
12-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Just wanted to clarify: I did not eat my placentas LMAO

Katiecat
12-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Good morning, ladies...

Had bad dreams and couldn't sleep, so decided to come here for a bit. WI is today, and I'm kind of dreading that -- was a challenging week. One night I was craving Mexican food and was a bad influence and dragged Tim to Chevy's with me -- not that he was exactly kicking and screaming. I probably made better choices that I would have if I wasn't on WW, but I know it wasn't pretty. And then they had the HUGE Christmas potluck at work....yikes! I brought a giant veggie tray with fat free ranch dip, but that doesn't mean I didn't eat anything else. At least, when everyone else went back for seconds, and thirds, I loaded up a plate with veggies and munched on that. I did have dessert, though. And haven't been good about my water...*sigh* And gotta make cookies today (will send most of them with Mike, who is leaving on a plane to visit Erik in SD for a week, since Erik couldn't get leave until after Christmas), have another party tonight, and dinner plans at a restaurant with friends on the 23rd...man, if I can just make it through the holidays without gaining it all back, I guess that would be good. This is hard.

EM...you mentioned something about missing kids' programs when you homeschool. I homeschooled my kids for 7 years, co-led the homeschool support group in our area, and wrote a homeschooling newsletter. Try to find a good support group, if that's the route you decide to go. We did a lot of field trips, activities, park days, end of the year "open house" for the kids to strut their stuff, Christmas programs, cooperative classes -- I taught algebra for a mixed group of 7th-12th graders, whew, that was a bit of a challenge :) Anyway, if you get into a good support group, you are likely to find some things your kids can participate in, and will meet other like-minded families. Oh, and is placenta approved on the Atkins plan??? :rofl:

Jane, this is a new beginning for Neal! I'm 42, but there is so much more I wish I could do -- classes I want to take, places I want to see, organizations that I'd love to offer volunteer hours -- 40 hours a week that could be better spent than just making a living.

Angie, hope Tanner starts feeling better soon. The flu bugs have been bad this year. I wish your employer would give you the option of cash instead of free beer for your bonus, since you hate beer. Could be worse...suppose you worked for a dentist, and he offered you a free...root canal for Christmas? :fr: :D

Ah, just heard the alarm go off...we go to the early early WW meeting on Saturday morning. Guess I'd better bite the bullet, buck up, go face the music (ie: the scale), and assess the damage done this week.

Hi to everyone else, and will talk to you soon!

Hugs,
Katiecat

RosieKate
12-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Good morning, gals!

I finished the sweater I was knitting for my DS9! and he looks so darn cute, I didn't wait for Christmas, I just gave it to him. It's the Jesse's Flames from Stitch N'***** Nation. Wish I had a good pic for you but you can go here and look through the book to see the project http://www.knithappens.com/ It's the black sweater with the flames going up the sleeves. In other news, yesterday was the holiday program at DS' school, then he had a piano recital, so we were busy! He's ready for a break. DD4 was dragged along to all of the above and was none too gracious - bleah. We all snuggled up and watched the Incredibles last night then all was well.

EM - I didn't think you ate your placenta, but I did get your point. I for one would love to see your birth photos...but some aren't into the full glory of natural birth. You would most likely find more kindred spirits up here in Portland. Lots of moms I know are into attachment parenting, naturopathy, midwifery, you know hippy stuff :cool: A good friend of mine gave birth at home with both daughters and nary an aspirin to ease her discomfort. Not my cup of tea, but then I had 10 pound babies. I admired her for doing it, and btw, the placentas were buried under a rose bush in their front yard. I think they had a birthday ritual or something like that, because she kept the placentas in the freezer for awhile and had a very amusing story about her MIL stumbling upon them one day:p
I know with the babies, there's no social interaction. I felt like my brain was turning to mush. Can you get out for a little something for yourself once in awhile? I joined a book group when DD ws born and I really counted on that meeting once a moth - for a long time it was my only non-family interaction with folks.

Susan - thanks for the card - and I was feeling very smug all day because I was able to figure out where you lived by your clues (posted a long time ago when you moved), then I saw the return and I was right! Gaby is gorgeous - thanks for the pic. Now we need to get our girls together in person...after all you practically live down the street from me!

Jane - Congrats to Neal on his retirement - Now the fun really begins! If he is at all like my inlaws he will be busier than ever and very happy. Thanks for the card, btw.

I did receive cards from Connie, MaryKate, and Cristi - thank you all! I sent my usual email greeting this year which I hope you received. IF not, I will post the link to our photo page, which was part of the email:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rosiekate37/my_photos

Sorry I am such a wash out on the snail mail cards, but when my list got to be over 100, I had to scale back my efforts. Otherwise this is what I look like:yikes:

Weightwise, I am managing to maintain, which is my usual goal this time of year. It's hard with all the treats around, but I am still hitting the gym 5 mornings a week. However, I have given away all the cookies and the house is now relatively junk food-free. We are going to sit down and plan some family outings that do not involve going to McD's or Burger King - that will help:mcd:
:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: Just had to throw those in cause they're cute!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone I neglected...try to get to more individuals later
K

RosieKate
12-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi Katiecat - just missed you!

jules1216
12-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Went out with my family for my birthday dinner last night. Due to the icy road condition of the back roads and not to mention our 600 foot uphill driveway we stayed close to home with a favorite Mexican restaurant--it was so good. My son tried something new and wasn't quite sure about it once he got it so I shared with him which helped since my plate was huge! I also took some home to share with my dogs, but I still ate what was probably way too many chips w/salsa and the dreaded cheese sauce while DH and I were waiting for the kids to get there. Son got me good--he got a platter that included what I think was a chili rellano(?)--he said that it reminded him of my eggplant parmesan--I asked if was hot and he said not at all--well it may have been not at all for him, but my eyes were watering and my nose running! He and DH both love hot stuff--I should have known better!
I only weigh once a week (on Tuesdays) and I am going to exercise extra and eat very healthy all the rest of the weekend. I am trying my best to even just maintain until after the holidays and have done it so far.
Got more Christmas cards..thanks Jane & Connie! EM thanks for the b-day wish!

FrouFrou
12-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey ladies...:clause:

Woke up this morning to about 2 inches of snow! Just had to get out there in it! It's so pretty...and I truly love the snow...that is...when I don't have to get out in it...driving in it that is. Before it's said and done...we are supposed to get about 6 inches.

Not much going on...been busy. Yesterday must have been mexican food day! :lol: I too had mexican! DS#1 and I ventured out to the mall to do a little bit of shopping and he went to get contacts. Then we went to have lunch and run a few more errands. Even though people were driving crazy and there were a lot of people out, I enjoyed myself. He's been working so much we haven't done lunch in a while so that was nice...spending time with him. DS#2 and I will have a couple of lunches and go to a movie or two in the next two weeks. He's been working also at the recruiting place so the first two weeks home doesn't count towards his vacation time. He will still have that vacation time. They get 28 days a year I think. So he has two more weeks home and then off he goes.

ANGIE~hope Tanner is feeling better. DD and I have come down with something also and it doesn't help that I keep going out in the cold. WTG on winning the phone and answering machine! :carrot:

EM~I am one of those people who don't care to see that kind of stuff. I do think it is a beautiful experience but I guess I think it is a personal one also. My SIL handed me a photo album once and upon opening it I saw this big picture of her private and to be honest it was not something I wanted to see. I didn't even go any further. I'm not saying anything is wrong with it, just not my thing.

JANE~here's to Neals retirement! :cheers: Hoping he has the time of his/your lives.

SUE~there was a time I was leary about shopping online but not anymore. I feel like if someone wants my info bad enough they are going to get it no matter what. But for the most part, I feel it is pretty secure. It is so much easier for sure.

KATY~guess for some reason I was looking for a Christmas picture at your link. Cute sweater!

JULES~glad you had a nice BD dinner with the family!

SUSAN~hope Rebecca gets to feeling better soon. Funny...I almost starting smoking so I could lose weight. Guess I am glad I didn't..wouldn't rather be chubby but I am glad I don't smoke. Now if I can just get DS#2 to quit.

Not much ont he agenda for today so will probably get lots of reading done. I was going to say curl up next to the fireplace but then I would have to take the stockings and Christmas cards down so too much of a hassle-I don't know though, it does sounds good and just may be worth the hassle. Curl up with my book and some hot chocolate, mmmmmm, sounds good. :coffee: :coffee2:

Have a good weekend!
:wreath: :candy: :tree: :xcheer: :snowglo: :present: :gift2: :snow4: :hohoho: :shocksn: :shocksn: :ginger: :coolsnow: :santa: :clause: :rudolph:

Mom2Gaby
12-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Good Morning -

I had 1 cookie Angie. I bought 4 different varities. My fave is from Mothers , the white icing with raisins inside??? I forget but I bought 5 bags. We were so slow we ran out in the last hour of signing and I asked Control Freak co worker if he wanted me to run and get some more but he said "we don't want to encourage them" haha......whatever. If I was sitting there for an hour I would want a cookie!!!! lol

Nancy Drew - aka Katy. Cool - now you can come stalk me- lol.

I was meaning to say a heartfelt thank you for the Christmas cards to Connie,Jane, Cristi and Katie. Very sweet and appreciated.

Rocky sent me a heart shaped photo copy of us along with a gift card. He wants me to go buy a vacuum , because that is what I asked for - along with something for the girls.

Yikes, better go. Beck woke up in a crabby mood. Need to go spank her......when I say that they just say "oh sure mom.......kind of old for that" ........and they are.....lol

da fat n da furious
12-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Good morning ladies!

Susan,,,that is somthing to be proud of,,,only eating one cookie when your favorite is there.
Em,,ya know my thoughts on life...to each his own. I know Im a bit too mainstream,,,and then can do a total opposite and be anythign but. It just depends on what it is. I grew up totally different than how I live now. People learn to adapt if they need to. Some don't want to.
As for the closed in feeling, Id say we have all felt that way with being at home with babies. I can't stand the music from ninja turtles from hearing it so often. But as both Katie said Katy said,,,you may have to go out there and interact. I helped oraganize a play group society. I put out word (small town) that we were in need of a place for SAHM and the kids to play. Specially in the winter. So easy to get cabin fever. Got alot of reponse,,organized a meeting. Found a community centre. And then hit up the non profit organization fund program. They gave us $500. WE put out the word we needed more toys,,,and then I went shopping,,,spending $475. Spent $25. on coffee and supplies. We brought our coffee pots to make coffee...brought juice..and after 2 months we had enough to buy a huge coffee pot and cookies,,juice. And I know even after 13 yrs they are making a profit,,,which enables them to replace toys. Cleaning supplies, and even better to give back to the community program that gave us the money in the first place. When Tanner started school there was about 40-50 moms using this with anywhere from 1-5 kids each weekly. And this all came about with the two of us,,,my friend Shelly and I talking about how depressing it is in the winter...too cold to be outside. We charged each mom a buck. If they couldn't afford it,,,that was ok too. We had a cleaning list. Each month 4 moms had to come in and bleach everything.

mmm mexican,,,did I mention I love mexican food.

well today is a quiet day,,,Tanner is still sick,,just a nasty cold is seems. But he won't be going out. My brother and SIL will be coming at 6ish..bringing their dogs,,,SKittles mom and sibling. They will rip through the house...lol
Im going to Micheals..I thought Id like to make Tanner a keepsake. I saw those memory picture frames,,and thought Id like to take his program from his one play,,and lil mementos..plus I have a thing from Universal Studios,,its a oscar. It was silver so I sprayed it gold..and a girl friend who works in engraving placey has made him,,,a small plate saying Tanner ***** Best Actor. Which will go in there too.
I went to blcokbusters last night,,,been awhile...couldn't believe how expensive it is to rent games,,,over 9 bucks. Anyways i ended up buying two movies,,,Guess who (Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher) and Coach Carter.
Well after writing this book...I should get going...have a great day ladies.

Mom2Gaby
12-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Wow - Angie. I am exhauted just reading your post. You are such an amazing person in all that you have done and continue to do. I am feeling lucky when I can get 2 lo carb beers from the Plaid Pantry and go home and veg after a day at work. lol

brrrrrrrrrrr FREEZING OUT!! Hate it. My hands are dry and my lips hurt!! I should go get Napoleon Dynamite.

K- taking the girls to the mall to spend some of their Christmas money.

FrouFrou
12-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Back again for just a quick minute to THANK Marti for the Christmas card. :thanks: :hohoho: :clause:

EarthyMama
12-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey Ladies :)
Cristi: I totally understand! lol No offense taken whatsoever. I think because I was a doula (birth coach) and was seriously contemplating being a mw, is why I like that kind of stuff! Wanna hear a funny story about the birth photos? I told my mw she could publish them for her clients to see. So she gave me the url they were published on, (since a couple of you are fellow weirdos and pm'ed the url is : www.midwifemama.com/darlene) and I checked it, didnt see anything objectional (just me with the baby after it was born and 1 during labor. Couldn't see anything) so, I sent it to ALL of my friends, males included!
WEELLLL- She updated with all the pictures and since it was a water birth you don't see an vaginal shots but you do see my boobs and rolls and OMG I about died! I had to send a "DONT LOOK AT THE URL!" to my guy friends or people who wouldn't want to see that. TOO LATE! LMAO I about died, seriously! Couldn't look half of them in the face when I saw them next.
Now, anytime I go to anything where her clients are they are like "Hey we know you!" I guess its a nice ice breaker! If not embarassing!

I'll write more in just a bit. Going to go get some excercise in. I hope WW weigh in treats you right :) :) :)

EM

Michelle1210
12-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Is it me or has pop up ads about doubled latley?

EarthyMama
12-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I have a pop up blocker, so I have never noticed any pop ups. I'll find out what the name of it is Azul and send it to you!

Mom2Gaby
12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Thread Alert,Thread Alert......someone needs to start a new thread!! omg - we are going to crash. lol

I can't do it because I am on a slow MAC computer. Would take forever because of icons that I would use. Anyway.......

I wore a bra when I gave birth. I guess I am shy. Amazed that I have ever gotten pregnant. lol

THANKS for the Christmas card Marti :) A lot of pop ups on this site - especially since they upgraded a few weeks ago. Annoying.

Taking the girls to the mall. I am tired. I just want to clean my apt.

Jane
12-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Alert recieved, lol. See you at #156!!