Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Buddy for 120-130lb. weight loss

Hi. My name is Melody and I have recently returned to church after being away for nearly 10 years. For those ten years I avoided church and for the most part avoided really dealing with my weight problems. I just put on my makeup and fix my hair as fast as I can in the morning so I don't have to see my 260 lb. reflection. I really would like someone to share this weight loss journey with...

More about me...I am 30, married for 5 years, mother to a little boy who just turned 4 named RJ, and I am a Special Education teacher for grades K-3. I am not using a particular weight loss plan...I have tried them all...I am just trying to change the way I think about food and the quality of the food that I eat. I do eat Slim Fast bars or South beach Diet bars from time to time, but I eat real food, too. I get frustrated trying to calculate exact calorie counts, but I know when I am overeating. I live in Mississippi where we aren't really full until we are stuffed... I hate that feeling of being so stuffed, but find myself feeling that way too often. In addition to my weight loss battle, I deal with hypoglycemia, 2 herniated disks in my back and depression.

I would love to hear from someone. My email is [email protected].

Melody
Old 12-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #2  
MakingChanges...

Melody! I'm sure you will find alot of support and meet lots of wonderful people on this board! .. It's nice to hear that you began attending Church again, you are a Step in the right direction!! Like you, I have tried every "Fad" diet there is, with little or no success and have decided to go with the more traditional approach of weight loss. However, I do think you should consider atleast measuring your portion sizes to avoid that "stuffed" feeling we all hate to get after eating too much! When I was younger, My Father used to do all the cooking and would cook for an army! It was common for us all to have 2nd and 3rd helpings, mainly because we didn't want to waste the food and with our first helpings it barely put a dent in it .. lol ... So I have found it hard to determine what an actual "normal" portion size should be, which is why I measure my food now and only eat what I have measured out. I am also watching my carb intake as well, but not cutting them out completely. I do not like to feel deprived and tend not to stick with "diets" when I do, so I think it's okay that you want to eat what you want but watch your intake, as long as you are aware of your intake BEFORE you actually "intake" it .. lol .. Anyways, Good Luck and I'm here if you need to chat! .. just send me a p.m.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the welcome Rayne. I have measured portions before and I know all the visuals...deck of cards for a portion of meat, etc. I may not always weigh my food, but I do know what a portion is "supposed" to look like. I will try to be more conscious of that.

I am hoping that my return to church and renewed faith will be the missing link in my weight loss struggles this time.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:35 AM   #4  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hello Melody!
That's so good..getting back to Church! I just got back there this year and I have been SO blessed. While I haven't lost any weight....well the same 5 pounds 14 times.....I have had my peace restored and am in remission from Meniere's. Last year was truly awful...with 7 months in relapse, very sick, no hearing.

God is so aware of you and each need. Join Dee and me, if you like and we'll be buddied up as encouragers and weight loss Divas! I haven't had enough time to play properly here yet but am blessed beyond measure at FINDING this spot!
I will add you to my prayer list.........and I'd love to be an e-mail buddy with you if you wanna do that too!

The health factors are a prime reason to care for yourself now. You are in a good place to receive and give encouragement and the healing love of Christ, daily! I will be 53 tomorrow....yikes....how did that happen? Let's seek God's plan for us and ask for a willing, obedient spirit to adhere to that plan. He has only good in store for us!
Be blessed today.......
Brenda
Old 12-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello Melody.

Glad you are here. This place is wonderful and encouraging. I have been counting calories and exercising and lost 22 pounds so far. I am 48 years old and really was thinking I was too "old" to worry about my weight. But back pain, not being able to breath when bending over or walking the stairs at work, cant button blue jeans, etc, made me change my mind!!!

This is a struggle for sure, but I take it one day at a time. I will be so glad when the holidays are over so I can get back to "routine". I hate all the parties, goodies, sweets and all that goes with the holidays. But so far I have not lost any more but I have maintained which is okay considering what I have eaten the past couple of weeks!

Hope to hear from you again.

Betty
Closed Thread