Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-08-2005, 01:37 PM   #1  

Smile Hi Everyone!

I didn't know if I should introduce myself first, or just dive right in. Besides, I couldn't figure out which board to post my introduction in, anyway.

I know everyone is different, but what are genral guidelines on how much/often I should exercise in order to safely and efficiently lose weight? I weigh in the low 230's right now (I refuse to weigh myself until my doc's appointment next week, we'll see). My highest weight was 302, and I got down to 240 before putting back on about 20 pounds. I started exercising 45 minutes 3x/week in September. Since about the end of October, I have doubled my workout by doing 90 minutes 3x/week. I plan on starting to add an extra day to my workouts. I do exercise videos and ride the stationary bike. I tried for a few days to double my workouts again, and go for 3 hours 4x/week, but that only lasted 3 days. I'm concerned about being overly ambitious and doing more harm than good to myself, but at the same time, not doing enough. Any advice would be helpful. Good luck to everyone else on their goals
N2Psych4Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:24 PM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Well, I can only tell you what I do. I exercise 6 days a week for an hour each session using workout videos. I have one rest day but even on that day I'm not really resting because I try to at least get out for a walk.

I think you are absolutely right that you shouldn't try to do too much. One, because you may injure yourself that way but also because you may find yourself getting bored with it because it seems that every time you turn around, you are exercising.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote