Weight Loss Surgery - Brand spanking new!!!

View Full Version : Brand spanking new!!!

TammyLynn
12-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to pop in and say howdy!!
I have been thinking about WLS for years, but just recently made the decision to do it. And let me tell you, just making that decision has lifted a huge weight off of me. I am your typical dieter, I have tried EVERYTHING!!! Phen/fen, cabbage soup, TOPS, WW, liquid, Atkins and I was even bulimic for about a year right after high school. And after years of losing and gaining, I have decided to take the final step.

I am so very excited to be on this path, I can barely stand it!! I went to my first seminar last night. I turned in my application and now we wait to hear from my insurance. It should be about a week they said and then hopefully it will be good news!!

jiffypop
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
nice to meet you, tammy lynn! i hope everything goes smoothly for you [hey, we can hope, right????]

LOVE your little slogan in your avatar!!! i've always said that i was simply too short for my weight.

looking forward to getting to know you better. and to learn about your journey.

chin up, darlin!

indigo child
12-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Welcome, Tammy! I see you found this place! :hug:

I'm so thrilled for you. I admit, the toughest time for me was that period of waiting to see if my insurance would cover the surgery. I really thought they were going to deny me, but they didn't, and well, here I am!

It's all happened so fast, from my perspective.

So what kind of surgery is your doctor going to do? Lap band, lap or open RNY or something else altogether?

JustPeachie
12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Hello Tammy. Welcome. Glad you are here. Hope to chat with you soon. Best of luck with the insurance.. I just had surgery 10/03/2005 I feel better that I have in years and its only been two months.. Good Luck to ya

TammyLynn
12-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey thanks guys for the warm welcome!!
Hello Indy!!!! If approved, I will be having Lap RNY. They don't do the band at all. And after the seminar, I decided the RNY was the way to go for me.
So, my update, I am waiting, waiting, waiting!! Maybe I will get wonderful news for Christmas!!

JustPeachie
12-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Keep us update on your progress and whats going on.. we will be here for you and I know when i came aboard everyone here was very suppportive..