Support Groups - Cows R Us

View Full Version : Cows R Us

SugP
07-01-2001, 08:16 AM
Guess what? I'm an auntieeeeeee! After 2 1/2 days of labour and a c-section, SIL and my brother are now the proud parents of little Max, 9 lbs 6 oz (ouch!) I'm sooooooo excited. He is reportedly very cute and very fat. Just how we like 'em, eh? :lol:

I got on a bike today for the first time in about 5 years and it was not a pretty sight. I think I need to lose weight. :o

Darling_Peaches
07-01-2001, 01:20 PM
Sugar, congrats on the new nephew!! I saw a family at the Springs yesterday that was speaking non-English and I think it was German. They called one of their kids Maxie. The other kid stood on the pier near the icky looking water, wavered around on one foot and made noises like someone losing his balance.They ignored him.

DS is reading a book with words in it he doesn't know. I told him you would. Leaving out the little symbols, can you translate : Gotterdammerung.
I told him it was bad word but he doesn't think so.

SugP
07-01-2001, 06:12 PM
....means "twilight of the gods". Isn't that romantic? I know you'd never let ds read books with bad words in them. :smug:

:o Where is everyone? Do you guys (who are not Canadians) get a holiday on Wednesday? Stars and stripes forever and a red, white and blue jello poke-cake frosted with Cool Whip? Yum! ;)

Seems like tons of little German boys are called Maximilian, Maxi for short. Others go by the name of Frederik or Jan-Hendrik or Florian.

Darling_Peaches
07-02-2001, 08:28 AM
You brilliant little thing!! how clever to get almost a whole sentence out of one teensy word!!

Here in Dogpatch, I don't know even one Maxi or Florian. You'd think Florian would be a popular name since Floridian Florian is just plain catchy.

I hate getting ds out of bed in the morning. Someone give me ideas.

Wabby
07-02-2001, 03:48 PM
That was just me checking to see if you'd posted, Lushy.

Congratulations on the bouncing baby boy nephew, Sugar!!! Sounds like an absolutely horrendous labor, though. I love the name Max. I have a cousing named Max. I was always terribly impressed by him, he was sooooo cool.:cool:

This guy (who is not Canadian) gets a holiday on wednesday. No Jello poke cake planned, though. I'm making a yummy dessert that has blueberries and strawberries for garnish (the red, white and blue motif).

My daughter has informed me that I need to eat more healthfully. She tells me that if I stay on the track I'm on, that I will be very depressed when I blimp up. So when did she turn into the adult here?????:?:

On sunday I visited the newly opened Oregon Garden. You may all visit it at www.oregongarden.org. It was beautiful, but still in its infancy stage. Not like my mature garden with weeds the size of trees. My ds pointed out a branch on our apple tree that he left when he pruned. It was sticking straight up when he pruned (he said he left a lightening rod on each tree) Now the branch is limp and bent over. He said it needs treeagra, for the more mature tree.

Darling_Peaches
07-03-2001, 12:59 AM
that some of these other women have cuter names than I do. I'm thinking of changing to Peaches-Occasionally. What do you think? Would I be viewed with more respect?

What DID happen to Frappe? Didn't she meet with Bagz and then disappear? I miss her too. She was our spy.

I told the office Canadian "Happy Canada Day." She looked at me and said, "That is so sweet!"

Then she asked about Bagz and said Bagz would be having hamburgers and potato salad today.

Wabby
07-03-2001, 03:17 PM
Peachy-keen, I think they may have gone off and gotten lives. Can you imagine anything being more entertaining than we are??? Who has e-mail addresses? I want them hunted down and returned to the fold. I also think Kiwi's vacation has gone on just about long enough.

I had the nicest evening yesterday. Some friends had stopped by and I'd just brought home the giant economy pack of hamburger pattys, so I asked them to stay for a bbq. Just like that.I'm so impressed with myself.I didn't plan a thing and everything turned out so nice. The weather was wonderful, and we made Melon Balls (melon liquer, vodka and pineapple-orange juice) and we sat on the deck until after dark. I felt so Martha Stewarty.

We have royalty for houseguests this 4th of July holiday. Some ppl we know asked us if we would mind hosting a couple of rodeo princesses and their mothers from eastern Oregon. They are riding in the world famous (in my part of the world) Molalla Buckeroo and St Paul rodeos. They have a horse trailer about a city block long, and 2 beautiful horses. Very nice young ladies and very nice moms too:) .

Lush
07-03-2001, 08:39 PM
I wanna be a rodeo queen. Even being a rodeo queen's mother would be fun. As you all know, I was the MAY QUEEN's mother this year. That was fun. She does not tell me not to eat like a pig. However she thinks it and makes healthful suggestions. Worse.
My mother must have a biopsy on Monday. I am saving the new Spenser novel to read that day.
Wabby, you MUST be Martha. All these parties?
Sugar, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Being an auntie is so much fun.
Frappe couldn't have really left. Did she really meet Bagz? Where is Bagz? You don't think they met a couple of cute guys and took off, do you? That would be so interesting.
I slept until 11:30 today and just took a 1 hour nap. What a lump.
gotta go,
l