South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Hump Day Chat 12/07

Good morning, Chickies~~

It's positively FRIGID out this morning. Only 29* but it feels like 23*.

I've been having trouble staying on my towel this week. Saturday was my writing group's Christmas party--waaaay too many goodies. And I'm having trouble getting over the carb cravings that developed when I was on that hideous BRAT diet. GAH!!

I know I need to go back to Phase I...whaahh...I had so much trouble with it...(whimper....whine).

I need to sit down, make a menu and grocery list, then suck it up and just DO IT.

I also need to drink more water. I've gotten out of my water habit lately. Guess it's because it's been so cold.

Okay, enough of my whinging.

Gonna go scramble a couple eggs for breakfast, then see what I can scrounge for lunch. You all have a fantastic day on the Beach, and keep warm!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Mamacita, I feel your pain! I need to train those lazy Girls of mine to put more wood on the fire in the night! We are very cold this morning again -
18ºF outside and the back room shows 45ºF at the moment.

This morning I'm off to Brockville (first time for a longish drive) to see the surgeon and whine about my knee. I'm sure the whining won't make any difference but I may get another Tylenol3 prescription out of him. Then in the afternoon, I go to The Falls for my first physio appointment. It is not going to be a stellar day. I am scheduled to play darts tonight but, unless a nap happens in there, I'll be opting out.

Enough whining! I need to Christmas up! I broke down yesterday and sent my DD a cheque to do her family's shopping for me. That's the first time I've ever done that but it felt good to have one less job hanging over my head. I also ordered a pre-lit tree online which will be delivered free on Friday! I love the Internet!

I am starting to get over the hump!

How's your day shaping up?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #3  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good morning to everyone from (not-so-sunny today) Florida!

Mamacita - I too feel your pain! Holiday parties are tricky. I feel fortunate that I don't have any to worry about. Yet. Hang in there. You can do this! I too am working on my water consumption. Even in the warm weather down here I have had trouble keeping up.

Ruth - isn't shopping online great? I hope everything goes OK with your Doctor and physio appointments.

Let's see...not much exciting with me today. I have to go to school and work on projects and law school applications (this is what I'll be doing pretty much every weekday for a while). I got inspired to apply to a school in Michigan. They were ever so nice and sent me a glossy viewbook. It's amazing how good a school can look when it's displayed in glossy, charming photographs! If I go there, no doubt, I'll be sorry about all my whining "It's not cold enough!"

So I hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mama, it's 'bitterly cold' (as my sister would say) out here too. Hon, P1 sounds awful when you think about going back to it, but it's SO much easier when it's just a week, and you know you're going back to your normal eating. I did it three times this last time because I kept goofing around and eating the sweet treats that started the cravings in the first place. You'd never believe how good I felt when I finally did it right. So learn from my mistake and do it...right! BTW, the whole point is to get rid of cravings, so if yours are gone, go ahead and move back to P2, okay? I usually just do M-F of P1 when I'm getting rid of cravings...3 days to detox, two more to make sure it 'takes' and then back to normal.

Beautiful Ruthie, I'm so glad you got rid of some of the weight on your shoulders. I bet your DD appreciates the chance to help you out at a hard time. You 'do-it-alls' are hard to help, sometimes...and it feels really good when we get a chance! I hope the physio goes well and the dr. gives you another prescription. Have they said when they think the pain will go away?

Me:
Finally went to bed at a semi-normal time last night and got up with DH at 5:30 this morning. I'm a bit tired, but hopefully that'll get me to bed on time tonight!

Heading off to my favorite exercise class...it kicks my butt everytime, but I love it! I did Jazzercise on Monday, so I'm actually doing pretty well on my exercise goals for the week, in spite of the holidays!

Hope to work on a craft project I'm making for a present, figure out my shopping list for cookie-making ingredients, and then get some of my Christmas to-do list done. I can print out my card labels, get stamps at the post office, and figure out what I'm making for our Christmas party. Then maybe I can do some decorating...DH and I plan to finish it up tonight after dinner, which will be Peppered Pork with Pears (can you say that five times fast?) and a roasted brussel sprouts recipe from Cooking Light. Should be interesting!

Have a great day, chicks, and stay warm!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Christina, we posted at the same time! Good luck with the applications!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #6  

Yea Ruth!! You clever gal!!! Drive safe and skip the darts tonight and rest.

Cold here too -7C/23F. A little sunshine, nice and crisp!!!

aaaahhhh some peace.......................
I actually ONLY babysat yesterday. It was amazing. I had time to tidy up after the kids and do the dishes. No phonecalls or emails of a pressing nature, no deadlines........
I spoke at the vigil last night.

It was touching and beautifully done. I spoke off the cuff. I figured there was no point in planning until I was there to get a feel for the tone, the content and where I fit into it. I talked about how scary it was to send my 4 year old son off to school,into the big bad world and to experience the compassion and caring of the staff at our school and the peace program and then my part in participating in the workshops and school council and how my/our goal was to raise a generation of young people who will have skills in resolving conflicts and commincation and be able to avoid violence in there lives.
We walked through the downtown with candles. There were over 60 there.
I ended up with a flat tire. Got a ride home with someone else we’ll go back after supper and fix my tire.
I was going to get groceries but didn’t. I ahve just finished the last speck of coffee. There is no bread and milk.I do have apples and some celery and a freezer full of meat. I will be creative.
3 little guys all day. 4 in school. More puttering and laundry. I am feeling like cleaning out stuff again. My kids are pack rats. I will see what I can toss.
HUGS chickies!!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #7  
Kyemom

Hello all...Sounds like it is cold everywhere. We got 5 inches of snow here this week. It is way to early for snow in Virginia. I hate snow & cold!! Anyway, I have a nice roast & veggies going in the crockpot for dinner tonight...The house will smell so good when I get home. I must go out and buy a nice outfit for the work Christmas parties. I like to shop, now that I am shopping in the single digits!! Sure can't wait to see a 4 or a 6...maybe by March??? Well, ya'll have a great day and stay warm.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #8  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Good morning lovely ladies. I am trying to get back on the posting circuit and journaling! I know it does me NO good to be away from the support. I was off work the whole week of Thanksgiving and just sorta got out of the habit.

It is quite cold this morning, 25F, which in Tennessee might as well be -50!! They are talking snow tomorrow. No good! They don't clear the roads and no one in the South knows how to drive in the snow! And I have a Dr. appt at 8 AM to get my cholesterol tested.

I am having a yummy morning snack of LCL Garlic & Herb wedge and celery. I have never tried the flavored wedges and they are good. Plus I had a 50 cent coupon and got it doubled so it was cheap! I am excited about lunch too, last night I made cardamom chicken and spinach casserole, both yummy and SBD okay.

I continue to be tired all the time...such is my life. I am ALWAYS tired. I know some day I should get tested for sleep apnea because I snore and I never, ever feel well-rested. I am too young to sleep hooked to some machine or with stuff up my nose!!!

Anyway, lots of hugs and cute Christmas beach towels to all. Have a wonderful morning and a great day!

Jessie
Old 12-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chickiedoodles!

Well it's official. I'm down 1 more pound so I really think I did well controlling my eating in Chicago!!! That always feels good. I'm even down a pound and TOM is lurking ready to pounce any minute. I'll be lucky if I don't PMS out on someone today. I'm in my office with the door shut trying to not be a b*tch today.

Christina - There are at least two of us Michigan people here so keep us posted on whether or not you decide to join us here. Just to let you know it is 17 degrees today with a wind chill of approximately 5 degrees with light snow (that hasn't stopped for 3 days).

Ruth - Good luck today! I remember those early knee surgery phys therapy days. I was going to pick on you for the cold weather but I won't. You may want to keep the darts away from me today.

Everyone else: HI

I worked out with the PT last night and I have a workout again tonight. That should keep me out of trouble!

Stay OP chicks!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #10  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Laurie - thanks! I'll keep all of you posted on how the apps turn out. I hope you enjoyed your exercise class today!

Hollyhock - it sounds like you had an amazing experience at the vigil! Sorry to hear about the flat tire, though...

kyemom - oooooo, the roast sounds delicious! Enjoy your shopping! I'm looking forward (hopefully) to some single digit shopping soon!

Jessie - too funny about snow in Tennessee. I lived there for a little while, and even though I'm a Southerner (FL), it was hilarious how everyone would run to the grocery store for "blizzard supplies" if one snowflake fell. And nobody knew how to drive in it either. I hope you can get the tired feeling resolved. My husband struggles with that and he and his Dr. are still trying to figure out what's going on.

Amy - I'll keep you posted! No matter what happens next year, I'll be moving north. Just not sure yet how much! Good luck with your workout tonight!

I hope you all are having a great day so far!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

It is so cold here today, and snow forecast for tomorrow. Jessie is right we in the south don't drive well in the snow and ice. There must be something in the brain that turns off when the roads are white? I've been staying op but not losing anything right now? But I have gotten back to my pre Thanksgiving weight. So I am happy about that, just gotta get through Christmas. I'm just about done with my shopping, and I started wrapping the gifts last night. It was kind of nice, I had been dreading it but I had all my supplies out and it was quite pleasant. We have a family member living with us now and the extra person to cook for is posing a challenge. He is not familiar with the SB eating. I just feel I have to cook separately, but I have resisted because I know I will eat it!! I just told him, this is what's for dinner if you don't like it there is always a sandwich, but I feel so guilty saying that. I just feel so much better eating this way, even though I'm not losing (right now) I do feel better and I know it is the best thing for me in the long run and the weight will come off!!!!!

Ya'll have a great day!!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #12  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone. Jessi & Tammy your posts made me giggle. As a southern gal, I know folks can not drive in the winter, but I have a theory as why that is. I lived in southern Ohio (close to KY) for 23 years & I was a terrible winter driver....had 2 wrecked where I actually flipped the car! Then I moved to Toledo & I had to drive - dad wasn't around to save me & I noticed something...it's flat & the roads are wider. So I think it's not that you're a bad driver, you just have a more difficult course!
Christine - are you sure about moving to MI? I moved here a year ago & I HATE IT!!! I miss Toledo so much...but I do love my dbf...so I guess I'm staying here.
Ruth - take care of yourself!!
Everyone else have a great OP day...I'm off to scrapbook!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #13  

Hello all! It is lterally freezing here in Big D. They say that, in addition to the ice and sleet, we may also get 1 to 2 inches of snow. So unnatural for Dallas, especially since we had all of this last year and because it was 89 degrees on Saturday! Crazy!

On the Beach front, I am doing well. I was sick yesterday, so that made eating actually easier. I want to thank those of you who gave words of encouragement. After reading your posts, I took the advice and read old posts and threads to boost me up AND it worked! In addition to working out, I have made a pledge to myself to give Phase 1 another try and to stay off of the scale (at least for a while or until I meet with my trainer again) and just listen to my body.

crk05 - good luck on the applications! I remember those days. It became exciting to check the mail in anticipation of getting a new glossy brochure! I would have gone to many law schools simply based on the brochure pics!

Well, I hope everyone is well and it is a great feeling to know that people are out there doing the same plan and have some positive insight!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, I'm back from town and......Yahoo! The surgeon this morning gave me a copy of the operation report and went over stuff with me. Apparently he did a lot more than was expected in repair although some parts had deteriorated badly. The ligaments are just fine, he "moved" some cartilage and debrided the bones so more cartilage will grow! The procedure usually is less than a half hour but he spent an hour on me. No wonder I'm sore. He says things will be all healed in three months and not to be so impatient! He says I have been using the leg too much BUT that means it is quite strong now AND PHYSIO WILL NOT BE NEEDED!

I can continue taking Tylenol3 but should ease off to a lower dosage - Extra Strength Tylenol - and and don't need to use the cane indoors anymore. I can also get back on the treadmill - short sessions only. I will continue to have pain for a while but it will ease off as healing progresses.

I'm feeling so much better and just loved cancelling my physio appointment for this afternoon. It'll be a nap day and I'll play darts tonight!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:25 PM   #15  
Who needs sleep?

All the talk about driving in snow made me chuckle. When people move here from snowier states (like the Rocky Mt states), they snort at us Washingtonians and say we don't know what snow is! But it's not snow that scares us here - it's the black ice (a thin layer of invisible ice which forms on the roads here in winter and can be deadly to drive on if you don't know what you're doing). Usually after a winter or two here, they shut up!

Got a late night (DH's work called him at 10:30 to solve some problem or another - took over an hour!) and an early start, since DH is sick and I wouldn't let him walk the 2 miles in the freezing cold to the station! So we were up and at 'em by about 5:30 or so - after about 4 hours of sleep. And here I thought I'd get some rest once school was out!

Yakisoba for dinner tonight. Not terrifically OP, but it's still just about the only way I can get DS to eat his veggies (the other 2 being either raw with ranch or hummus dip, or with 1000 island dressing). I make it heavy on vegs, use lean meat (usually chicken breast), and just hope the noodles and sauce are balanced out by all those vegs.

I'm feeling much better than I was on Monday. I handed my final project in yesterday, sold back my textbooks, and bought my new textbooks and lab kit for next quarter (Geology and Social Psychology).
Closed Thread