Weight Loss Surgery - Where the Heck have I been??

View Full Version : Where the Heck have I been??

JustPeachie
12-07-2005, 12:50 AM
:carrot: Hey every one. I am FINALLY healed. Well almost. I have an incision about 3 inches long and 1/2 cm deem and 1cm wide. NO more wound vac. I have been dressing the wound my self for about 2 weeks. and I finally got to go back to work .. wooo hooooo :D . I am walking every day about 1 1/2 miles. except Saturdays.. I rest that day.. I dont think Ive ever had so much energy. I feel like this carrot LOL :carrot: .. I have had a lot of things going on with my daughter and lifes been a little stressful.. but Ill make it.. Im gonna be her daily now as I am finally taking time out for me..
:hug:

indigo child
12-07-2005, 01:53 AM
That sounds great, Peachy. I think one thing this surgery taught me is that I definitely need a little "me" time, and that it's OK to take it.

So glad your incision's healing. I know my little ones are itching like ****'s fire but I know that just means they're healing. AUGGGGH! ;)

jiffypop
12-07-2005, 10:43 AM
i'm so proud of you two!!! and impressed!!! glad to see you back, peachie. you look and sound fabulous!

DancingAngel
12-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Peachy and Indigo, congratulations. You are both making super progress!

Peachy, the walking is probably the best thing you can do. At around 230 pounds, I started a walking program -- maybe 20 minutes during my lunch. Now I am a 7-day-a-week exerciser (cardio, step, stability ball, Pilates, weights -- you name it) and in the best shape of my life. But it all started with the walking. I proved it is literally true that the longest journey begins with but a single step!

Best wishes to you, and to you as well, Indigo, on your journey to health.

JustPeachie
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
:hug: thanks so so much for the compliments .. I feel awesome and this is my first picture ever I put on line . ;) Im happy with the walking so far. and now if I miss a day .. OH MY.. I feel like I forgot someting.. any ways.. this is the best place for support you are all so awesome.. :wave: see ya soon..
have a great day everyone..