Weight Loss Support - I'm New Here

View Full Version : I'm New Here

shorty21
12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I am about to turn 21 this month. I have been struggling with my weight since my first child was born 2 years ago. I am currently 218lbs. I am wanting to be 135. I have started a low calorie diet and I excercise almost everyday but it seems like the scale never goes down past 218. I am also taking a diet pill called lipodrene. I've heard good things about it but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar070/slider-but6/lb/228/135/218/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

PhysDom
12-06-2005, 10:11 AM
My best advice is to start journalling everything that you eat each day. You can handwrite it if you want, or use an online tracker like www.ftiday.com (that's what I use, and it has a pretty nice free version).
In a few days, post what you've been eating and maybe some nice ladies and gents will give their opinion.

LLV
12-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Well first of all, I'd lose the diet pills. If there were a magic pill out there that really helped people lose weight, none of us would be here :smug:

And I agree with PhysDom (did I spell that right?) journal what you eat. I use fitday as well, I've used it for the last 18 months. Forget diets, forget pills, make permanent lifestyle changes you can live with. Dieting and pills is how I ended up to be 220 pounds. When I finally made the decision to start eating healthy and watching my fats and my calories, that's when the weight started coming off.

numb
12-06-2005, 11:56 AM
X the diet pills asap. They are dangerous and can lead to horrible health problems.
I would get checked out to see if you have PCOS. It's a stretch but is VERY common. If you have it they can put you on glucophauge and with that you can lose weight (its the help your body handle sugars)
I know being a weight you dont want to be is hard. However, keep in mind your body is getting healthier with every work out and every healthy over fatty food.
Welcome girl!! I know its a little late but congrats on being a mommy. My son was born almost 8 months ago and I've loved (most) minutes of it lol.