PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

Default Trying to get control of My Life and my PCOS

Hi Everyone,

After 2 years of being on Metformin/Glucophage, I finally got pregant (after trying for 5 years). So my daughter is now 2.5 years but the weight is back on the the Insulin levels are out of control. Since having my daughter I stopped taking Glucophage and the weight found it's way back. I met with a nutritionalist today and taked about the 1600 calorie diet I need to get back on track. After meeting with my doctor last week, I found I'm at a borderline diabetic stage. Am I the only one who swore I'd never get to this stage in my life? I'm 36 and still would like to have another child. My weight is now at it's highest and I can't keep up with my 2 year old. I did try Weight Watchers earlier this year and after 18 weeks, my total loss was 1/2 lb. After meeting with the nutritionalist today I feel more motivated than ever to get this to work for me. I would like to incorporate her plan into Weight Watchers so I can easily prepare healthy meals for myself and my family. I'm sure I'm going to need a lot of support and was happy to see 3fc's had a support group for PCOS.

So with this I'd like to close and just introduce myself. I'm Carol and I hope to meet a lot of new friends on this board!

HUGS!
Cannwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #2  
angst and eyeliner

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5' 3"

hi carol it's nice to meet you! i'm sorry to hear about your recent ailments; it can be rough to deal with the symptoms of pcos, and then to have to deal with its sequelae. are you back on metformin? it is the first line of treatment for insulin resistance and often leads to initial weight loss. i'm glad that you are seeing a nutritionist; it's a great motivator and they can help you to customize your menu plans. good luck! feel free to im/pm me anytime!
isenephthys is offline   Reply With Quote