100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (Dec. 5-11)

jillybean720
12-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Here I am, early bird starting the new thread! I ate a lot over the weekend bcause I ate out. Not that that's an excuse--I should still practice better portion control when out, but as long as I continue losing, I'll just keep counting those calories!

Today:

yogurt
oatmeal
Special K bar
small can of fruit cocktail packed in pear juice
skinless chicken breast marinated (marinade: worcestershire sauce, ketchup, honey, and mustard) cut up into small pices and mixed with instant "beef" lo mein (no actual beef to be found ;) )

newfiedarling
12-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Morning Jillybean!

I not going to post in last week's thread, but Saturday and Sunday were 1525 and 1635 calories respectively.

Will post today's eats tomorrow.

~Dee

jillybean720
12-05-2005, 10:33 AM
I not going to post in last week's thread, but Saturday and Sunday were 1525 and 1635 calories respectively.
That is SO good! I can't seem to keep my calories below 2000 on any given weekend day, and I often even end up going MUCH higher (I believe I was at about 3200 on one day this weekend :o ) :devil:

newfiedarling
12-05-2005, 10:46 AM
I do know what you mean - I tried extra hard this weekend to be good. We normally eat out on the weekends which pushes me into a much higher bracket but this weekend soups and salads kept me in check.

~Dee

lessofsarahtolove
12-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey there, everybody! :wave: I'm going to give this thread a try, at least for my first week back on plan. If my challenges last year are any predictor of what I have to expect this time around, I'm not sure to what degree I'll need accountability on my eats going forward. Daily exercise was my thing, alas. :^:

But I'm jumping back on the bandwagon with both feet and can use all the help I can, so here goes for now! Here are the planned eats for today:

AM: Weight Control Oatmeal and a protein drink, with 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID AM: 20 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 3/4 cup brown rice (no salt), 3 oz. albacore tuna (love those packets!), and 2 cups of steamed zucchini and summer squash (no salt, no fat), 40 oz. water (DONE!)
MID PM: 1 Light n' Fit nonfat yogurt and a protein drink, with 20 oz. water
DINNER: 5 oz. tilapia sauteed w/tiny bit of olive oil and no salt, 1/2 cup brown rice (same as above), 1 1/2 cups steamed spinach, and 30 oz. water

I should end up with around 1264 calories, 42% Protein / 45% carbs / 15% fat; and at least 130 oz. water. Also: sodium in line, but fiber (at just 20 grams) not quite there. Tomorrow's another day -- I'll make sure to get in some All Bran Extra Fiber!

I'll update later to confirm that I stayed on plan. :)

Thanks you guys!

SuchAPrettyFace
12-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Morning Jill, morning Dee, Welcome Miss Sarah! :)

12/5

1 egg biscuit from Hardee's (they forgot my cheese!)
1 cup coffee
1 cup milk
2 cups green tea/peach tea

1 serving "pizza" pasta--pepperoni, green pepper, mushrooms, black olives, onions & fresh tomatoes all chunked up over homemade pasta.
1 banana
1 yellow apple
1 bottle milk

6 triscuits

1 salami/soy cheese, american flavor/tomato/lite mayo sandwich on french bread
1 serving unsalted sweet potato chips
1 cup Cold Care hot tea

jillybean720
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Whoa, unexpected lunch out! I applied for a secret shopper evaluation not really expecting to win it, and I did, so we had lunch at a place called Artie's--SO good! That's gonna bump me up to around 2000 calories for the day--not horribly bad. I ended up having Tex Mex egg roll appetizer, apple pie w/vanilla ice cream dessert, and an AMAZING salad of fresh greens, red cabbage, grilled chicken, red grapes, mango, and a light buttermilk Asian lime vinaigrette dressing. I wasn't sure I'd like it since it was such a unique array of flavors combined, but it was AWESOME! I also passed on the bread and butter since I knew I was already over in calories :o I also bumped the oatmeal and Special K bar off my menu for the day, but it was well worth the trade off! ;)

lessofsarahtolove
12-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey there, everybody! :wave: I'm going to give this thread a try, at least for my first week back on plan. If my challenges last year are any predictor of what I have to expect this time around, I'm not sure to what degree I'll need accountability on my eats going forward. Daily exercise was my thing, alas. :^:

But I'm jumping back on the bandwagon with both feet and can use all the help I can, so here goes for now! Here are the planned eats for today:

AM: Weight Control Oatmeal and a protein drink, with 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID AM: 20 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 3/4 cup brown rice (no salt), 3 oz. albacore tuna (love those packets!), and 2 cups of steamed zucchini and summer squash (no salt, no fat), 40 oz. water (DONE!)
MID PM: 1 Light n' Fit nonfat yogurt and a protein drink, with 20 oz. water
DINNER: 5 oz. tilapia sauteed w/tiny bit of olive oil and no salt, 1/2 cup brown rice (same as above), 1 1/2 cups steamed spinach, and 30 oz. water

I should end up with around 1264 calories, 42% Protein / 45% carbs / 15% fat; and at least 130 oz. water. Also: sodium in line, but fiber (at just 20 grams) not quite there. Tomorrow's another day -- I'll make sure to get in some All Bran Extra Fiber!

I'll update later to confirm that I stayed on plan. :)

Thanks you guys!

Back to update:

MID PM: 1 Light n' Fit nonfat yogurt and a protein drink, with 20 oz. water (DIDN'T HAVE THIS. I just had the 20 oz. water)
DINNER: 5 oz. tilapia sauteed w/tiny bit of olive oil and no salt, 1/2 cup brown rice (same as above), 1 1/2 cups steamed spinach, and 30 oz. water (This was altered slightly: I ended up having the tilapia, the brown rice, and instead of the spinach, I had a whole fresh tomato w/low fat balsamic vinaigrette, fresh mint and garlic, and a teaspoon of low fat feta. I also had 2 small glasses of red wine and 30 oz. water.)

I ended up with 1281 calories, 17% fat. Not a bad first day! Off now to drink one final glass of water....

rabidstoat
12-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Monday

Breakfast: Quaker oatmeal and a Morningstar breakfast patty
Snack: Luna Bar
Lunch: McDonald's grilled bacon ranch salad with ranch dressing and a fruit and yogurt parfait
Dinner: Shrimp creole over brown rice

Exercise: 55 minutes on the exercise bike
What I watched: Survivor Marquesas episodes

Calories: About 1355

Sandi
12-06-2005, 08:52 AM
12/5/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
161 - 4 triscuts & cheese
254 - Roast beef sandwich
67 - apple
160 - yogurt
150 - 3/4 cup rice
610 - 2 tostada suiza
140 - popcorn
1752 - TOTAL

Exercise: 20 min step aerobics
Water: 72 oz.

newfiedarling
12-06-2005, 09:07 AM
OMG - I had such a panic attack this morning. I couldn't post, send messages, do anything. I felt lost - what would I do without 3FC? But then I realized that I changed my email address and hadn't gone through the verification process. Whew - thankfully all is ok now!

Monday
Coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
2 Yogurt
Lemon Pepper Tuna on whole wheat crackers
Apple
Subway Turkey and ham sub
Potato Chips
Cheese
Calories ~ 1250 (a little on the low side but no exercise today)

lessofsarahtolove
12-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Rabidstoat, I LOVE those Morningstar Breakfast Patties! Yum!

Newfiedarling - SCARY! I'd freak too!

Ok, here's the plan for today:

AM: Weight Control Oatmeal, protein drink, 30 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 1/2 cup brown rice, 3 oz. tuna, 1 cup cooked spinach, 30 oz. water
MID-PM: 1 protein drink, 30 oz. water
DINNER: Pending......probably skinless chicken breast and a big salad with lowfat dressing....and lotsa water again.

I'm aiming for another low cal day...

SuchAPrettyFace
12-06-2005, 01:45 PM
1/2 cup Dunkin Donuts coffee (about 8oz)

2 cups orange spice tea
6 triscuits (lo-so)
1-2 servings onion chive cream cheese

1 can Campbell's Healthy Requests chicken rice soup
2 low carb multi grain tortillas
4 slices veggie slices soy cheese, pepper jack flavor

1 chicken breast, microwaved, slathered in chili powder
1 can green beans
1 tsp butter
2 tbsp bacon bits
1 can mandarin oranges
almost a whole can of black olives. :(

rabidstoat
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Sarah, how do you like the weight control oatmeal? I tried it because I like having more protein and less sugar, but it teasted lumpy and just awful to me. I don't know if I got a bad batch, or what. I'm used to the flavored instant oatmeals.

Tuesday
Breakfast: Krispy Kreme glazed donut, Light and Fit yogurt
Snack: 1.25 oz peanuts
Lunch: Healthy Choice mesquite barbecue chicken
Snack: Hershey chocolate bar and an orange
Dinner: Sesame chicken and veggies over white rice

Exercise: 60 minutes cycling, 25 minutes weight lifting

So, weird day today. My hormones are all messed up, I swear, trying to get my cycles regular again. But looking at it, I'm amused how I paired 'healthy' with 'junk food' -- healthy yogurt and unhealthy donut, healthy orange and unhealthy chocolate bar. Heh. It's probably good, I guess I'm learning to compromise when I get my cravings.

lessofsarahtolove
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, here's the plan for today:

AM: Weight Control Oatmeal, protein drink, 30 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 1/2 cup brown rice, 3 oz. tuna, 1 cup cooked spinach, 30 oz. water (DONE!)
MID-PM: 1 protein drink, 30 oz. water (No protein drink, but I did have 1 ginger cookie and 1 chocolate mint cookie at a 3-hr. meeting! :devil: Water was good, though.)
DINNER: Pending......probably skinless chicken breast and a big salad with lowfat dressing....and lotsa water again. (Actually had exactly that, plus 2 glasses of red wine., and 20 oz. of water.)
Plus:

AFTER DINNER: 20 oz. water

Total calories, 1438, 18% fat.

jillybean720
12-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Sarah, how do you like the weight control oatmeal? I tried it because I like having more protein and less sugar, but it teasted lumpy and just awful to me. I don't know if I got a bad batch, or what. I'm used to the flavored instant oatmeals.
My name isn't Sarah, but I've tried the Banana flavor weight control oatmeal, and I really like it. I like to add a little less water so it's really thick, and to me, it kinda tastes like banana bread on a spoon :p I haven't tried the other flavor, though. What I like is the "lower sugar" instant oatmeal--I buy the box that has both peaches n cream and strawberries n cream flavors (of course, you get more of the peaches than the strawberries). They have 6g sugar and 4g protein (the regular kind has 12g sugar and 3g protein) :)

As for me, I turned yesterday into a dieting disaster between the unexpected pizza for lunch and the home-made bread I made for my co-workers (but you know I ended up eating plenty of it myself). I would guess I hit about 2300 calories yesterday. *sigh* Today is a new day:

yogurt
oatmeal
Special K bar
fruit cocktail
Healthy Choice hotdogs on wheat buns

BethC
12-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Hi everybody! I'm just getting back from vacation, so I'm still reeling from the time change, (we were in Italy). Time to get back to focusing, I realized that through all of the traumas that I've had this fall, I've basically lost 2.8#s in 2 months, now I know that's better than the alternative, and I also know that even a year ago, this would have been a very large gain, so I'm happy.

That being said, I have no more excuses....

Here's yesterday:

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
1 - apple
5 - zone bar
1 - coffee
3 - tuna
3 - lite mayo
2 - ww bread
3 - cookie
24 points (out of 26)

exercise: 10 mins bike (70 cals), 30 min precor (300 cals), yoga

Have a great day everyone!

lessofsarahtolove
12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi there, rabidstoat!

This is the first time in my adult life I've ever eaten an instant oatmeal -- I always opted for the steel cut, old fashioned or Irish oatmeals. (Usually the former.) I don't want sugar, do want fiber, don't want sodium, and would love some protein. Therefore, I thought these Weight Smart oatmeal packets were worth a shot -- they seemed to fit my criteria. I am very happy with the cinammon flavor -- I haven't tried the banana yet, but my partner really liked the flavor of it. Interestingly, she found it too watery!! :lol: I think it's a matter of just getting the fluid proportion right for your tastes. I like 3/4 of a cup. That's the ticket for me. For her, 2/3 of a cup is just right. If it's just the consistency that you don't like, I'd recommend just playing with the water or milk quantity till you find just the right fit for you. In my book, the nutritional benefits it has to offer, combined with the convenience and cost, make it worth it.

Hope it works for you! :)

Sandi
12-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Good Morning all!

Last night was my first "food event" of the month. We got together with the inlaws to celebrate birthdays. On the menu? Salad, Pizza Hut breadsticks, pizza, cake and ice cream.

I asked for light dressing for my salad which she had, just didn't have out. I skipped the breadsticks, but had pizza. When it came time for cake & ice cream I poured a glass of diet root beer (I had been drinking water) and said I didn't want any! :carrot: I expected the whole "but it's your birthday cake" speech, but all I got was a good for you. And I denied taking any home even though Steve and Jacob would have loved that.

12/6/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
320 - Plain grilled chicken sandwich
40 - Salad w/ light dressing
750 - 3 slices pizza
1481 - TOTAL

Lunch was at 11:00 an dinner was at 6:00. I would never usually go so long between meals, but I had a root canal at 12:00, so I was all numb.

newfiedarling
12-07-2005, 09:30 AM
I've tried the oatmeal as well and find it ok - well as far as oatmeal goes.

Excellent job Sandi - that's one battle fought and won!

Tuesday
Breakfast - Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal, coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
Snack - Apple
Lunch - Flavoured Tuna on whole wheat crackers
Snack - Tangerine & crackers
Dinner - Swiss Chalet (chicken noodle soup, 1/2 chicken club wrap, 2 pieces garlic bread with cheese)
Calories ~ 1390

Exercise
Stretching/Aerobics - 30 mins
Rowing Machine - 15 mins

~Dee

lessofsarahtolove
12-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi, Andie! :welcome3: Of COURSE you can hang with us!! Although, you should know, we have a few gents here as well, and they are absolutely lovely also. :) I suggest you post a quick intro in your very own thread so everybody can give you a proper welcome. You'll find that we're an extremely warm and supportive group here, so I'm really glad that you found us. :hug:

SANDI!!! YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF!! (If you were here, I'd give you one of those Elaine-from-Seinfeld body slams!) I am just bursting with pride for you, girl. Look at what you're proving to yourself. :hug:

Beth, great job jumping right back into the swing of things! I want you to tell us about your trip!! I lived in Italy for 3 years during my twenties, so I am just desperate to hear where you went and anything else you're willing to share!! (Although now I'm having some heinous cravings, thank you very much. :o I guess I'll eat some dry All Bran Extra Fiber and drink 24 oz. of water -- yeah, that ought to satisfy my porcini pasta craving..... :rolleyes: )Anyway, SPILL it, girl!!

OK, planned eats for today:

AM: Weight Control oatmeal and a protein drink, 30 oz. water (DONE!)
MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water
MID PM: 1 small container (single serving) Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water
DINNER: Uhhhh.....probably chicken and a big salad, like last night......it was to die for! :p

SuchAPrettyFace
12-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Beth, Welcome back, paisano!!! Where in Italy did you go?

Sandi I am so proud of you I think I could burst!!! :)

Andie, of course you are welcome here!! :) We post our eats in this thread, to keep each other accountable, and honest, and to get & give advice when needed. Jillegal is our 'warden' :drill: but she is having family issues right now, so Young Jilly & Dishy Fishy have taken her place. Sarah prolly explained all this better than I did (I'm still home, not showered yet & have my glasses on!), I just skimmed, but YES!!! WELCOME! :cheers:

12/7

1 cup iced gingerbread coffee, black

1 yellow apple
1 red pear
1 serving "pizza" pasta (mushroom, onion, spinach, pepperoni, black olives over fresh homemade pasta)
2 cups green tea/green tea w/lemon & ginseng

1 serving lo-so triscuits
1-2 servings onion/chive cream cheese

1 lean cuisine chicken alfredo meal
1 cinnamon candy cane
1 can peach fresca--I threw this away. Got an immediate headache from it.

Dinner:
20 shrimps
cocktail sauce that I made w/WAY too much horseradish & Catalina FREE dressing.
a 3 inch piece of French bread that I cut into thin slices
roasted garlic on some of those pieces of bread :T
1 cookie my mother made--store bought almond cookies, she put chocolate frosting on them & then crushed candy canes

lessofsarahtolove
12-07-2005, 12:30 PM
OK, planned eats for today:

MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water
MID PM: 1 small container (single serving) Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water
DINNER: Uhhhh.....probably chicken and a big salad, like last night......it was to die for! :p
Update:

MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water (DONE!)

So far, so good! I'm so happy, I'm 3 pounds down so far for the week! (Gotta love that first week back, right? :D )

synger
12-07-2005, 02:22 PM
My DD needs to have lots of fiber in her diet, so when I make her oatmeal, I sprinkle in some ground flax seed and some wheat bran. Make sure it's ground flax -- the whole stuff goes right through you. That might help increase the fiber for you. For protein, use milk instead of water.

rabidstoat
12-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Huh, maybe I'll give the weight control oatmeal another try. Or get a different flavor or box. Mine had big chunks that just did not seem to want to dissolve in water, so I'd be eating and there'd be these dry chunks in it. Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know, never had regular oatmeal refuse to stir, though. And I do like the low-sugar stuff, that's what I get. I like apple best, you get more of it, but I do the peaches/strawberries some as a change of flavor. Had some today, in fact!

Wednesday
Breakfast: Strawberry and cream low sugar oatmeal, Morningstar breakfast patty, 1 oz cheese
Snack: Luna Bar
Lunch: Shrimp creole over brown rice
Snack: Desserts at the building party (small 2-bite brownie, small 2 bite cookie bar, pirouette cookie, 3 grapes, and a large marshmallow, strawberry, and banana slice dipped in dark chocolate -- estimate about 460 calories, should be conservative, I hope)
Dinner: McDonald's grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing

Well, the dessert sampling was good. Thank goodness they cut such amazingly small portions of everything! I ate a little bit of a lot, but about half or a third as much as I saw most people put on their plates, so I figured I did well comparatively.

No exercise.
Calories: About 1783

DishyFishy
12-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Great to have you here, Sarah, welcome back, Beth, and hello to Andie! And Sandi... You're doing so well! :cp:

I maintained again at yesterday's WI which is unsurprising since I've not exactly been consistent with eating and exercising. :rollpin: I figure I need to get back to basics: setting realistic, but strict, rules, and jolly well sticking to them!

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking over the last few days, and I'm re-committing right here and now to getting to my goal. :yes:

I've made some slight adjustments to my plan, and I'm confident I can live with it. My aims are set out here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1037033#post1037033

I'll be back later to post my menu for tomorrow.

:wave:

lessofsarahtolove
12-07-2005, 09:51 PM
My DD needs to have lots of fiber in her diet, so when I make her oatmeal, I sprinkle in some ground flax seed and some wheat bran. Make sure it's ground flax -- the whole stuff goes right through you. That might help increase the fiber for you. For protein, use milk instead of water.
I've heard good things about ground flax! Never got around to using it because I had such success with All Bran Extra Fiber and Kashi Go Lean -- not to mention my beloved soybeans.

As for the milk for protein, I know it adds some protein, but it functions much more as a simple carbohydrate source than that of protein. I love my fat free milk, low fat cottage cheese, and nonfat yogurt as calcium sources, but for protein, I look instead to my chicken and turkey breast meat, my soybeans, and my no sugar/no sodium/no carb whey protein drinks.

lessofsarahtolove
12-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Here's how I ended up for the day:

MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber - dry - and 20 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 4 oz. rosemary chicken breast, 2/3 cup brown rice (no fat, no sodium), 2/3 cup cooked spinach, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID PM: 1 small container (single serving) Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water (With the addition of 1 1/2 oz. fat free pretzels, DONE!)
DINNER: Uhhhh.....probably chicken and a big salad, like last night......it was to die for! :p (Turned out, Lorraine surprised me with a fat free tomato/chicken/rice baked dish, so I ended up with 4 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup basmati rice, 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, 1/4 cup low sodium canned tomatoes, and a generous-but-not-huge romaine/mesclun/baby spinach/fresh vine-ripened tomato salad with a little olive oil and a lot of vinegar, another 16 oz. water, and 2 glasses of red wine.)
AFTER DINNER: 20 oz. water (DONE!)

All told, I ended up today with 1666 calories, 12% fat.

DishyFishy
12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Summary for Mon 5/12: :(

Water: 2 litres.
Total kcals: 1681
Exercise: None.

Summary for Tues 6/12: :)

Water: 2½ litres.
Total kcals: 1384
Exercise: 30 minutes light strength training.

Weds 7/12: :)

318- 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
282- ½ cup black beans, 0.6 cup brown rice, 2 tblsp. sweetcorn, 1 tblsp. sour cream, steamed broccoli.
75- 1 oz slice whole-grain bread.
469- 3½ oz grilled chicken breast, 1 cup multi-grain fusilli, onion, peppers & tomato sautéed in ½ tblsp. olive oil, 3 tblsp. Parmigiano cheese.
81- 6 oz apple.

Water: 3 litres.
Total kcals: 1225
Exercise: 40 minute walk.

Tomorrow's Plan: :halffull:

Breakfast: Banana & blueberries in milk with hemp protein powder.
Lunch: Lean ham & Phili Light sandwich on whole-grain, tomatoes.
Dinner: Chicken & multi-grain fusilli with veggies & Parmigiano cheese.
Snacks: slice whole-grain bread, apple.
Exercise: 30 minutes light strength training.

newfiedarling
12-08-2005, 08:09 AM
I was way too low on calories yesterday. Grabbed a quick supper so I didn't really take the time to add a few more of the things I should have. Today should be better.

Wednesday
Breakfast - Apple, Yogurt, Coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
Snack - Tangerine
Lunch - 1/2 chicken club wrap
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Toaster roast beef sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard, baked tomato, yogurt
Calories ~ 950

Exercise
Rowing Machine - 15 mins
Treadmill - 25 mins

~Dee

lessofsarahtolove
12-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Here's the plan for today:

AM: Weight Control oatmeal, protein drink, 20 ozl water (DONE!)
MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber (dry) and 30 oz. water
LUNCH: 4 oz. chicken breast/tomato/half cup basmati rice/no fat/low sodium baked thingy, salad of 1 cup mixed baby greens and 1 cup baby spinach and 1 tomato w/lowfat balsamic vinaigrette, 20 oz. water
MID PM: 4 oz. serving of Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water
DINNER: Probably a big ol' salad with lots of greens and veggies and 4 oz. chicken breast (MAN, I love my salad!! :p ) Maybe a 1/4 cup of that tomato rice stuff on the side for something warm.....We'll see. Plus 30 oz. water.

BethC
12-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks Sarah. Good job Sandi, it only gets easier, really.

Italy was a very short trip, just a long weekend. We were in Rome. It was nice, we spent the whole time running around trying to see everything. While I wasn't actually OP, with all the walking, I didn't gain any weight, which in itself is a miracle.

Yesterday, I did something I've never done... I went down and did cardio in the morning, but I didn't have enough time to do the machines, so after work I went back down, warmed up and did the machines. :) I actually went to the gym not once, but twice in one day! Sometimes, I can hardly believe how much exercise has become part of my life, if I don't workout, I actually miss it. It also helps me work through my stress too, which used to be one of the reasons that I ate.

Sandi
12-08-2005, 11:33 AM
12/7/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
320 – Wendy’s Grilled Chicken
160 – Yogurt
610 – 2 tostadas
1461 – TOTAL

Exercise: None
Water: 72 oz

SuchAPrettyFace
12-08-2005, 01:07 PM
12/8

1/2 cup cold iced gingerbread coffee

6 lo-so Triscuits
1-2 servings onion chive cream cheese (it's gone now!!! :stress: )
1 cup coffee
1 packet Sweet & Low
2 Morningstar Farms meatless breakfast patties

We have a huge meeting, then lunch. I am planning on vegetable beef soup & Newman's Own Pop's Corn, the lowest fat kind there is.

that ^^is what I ate, adding 2 packets of fire sauce & 2 packets of mild sauce as a topping for the popcorn

1 (500ML) bottle water

1 serving shrimp scampi
1 serving bread/butter
1 bottle (500ML) water

rabidstoat
12-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I gave the weight control oatmeal another try, and hrm. It was better, I made sure to mash it up well and added a bit more water than the norm (when normally I add a bit less than what it says).

Thursday
Breakfast: Weight control oatmeal and a Light and Fit blueberry yogurt, with a few added fresh blueberries
Snack: 1 oz peanuts
Lunch: Healthy Choice stuffed shells
Snack: Hershey chocolate bar and a small tangerine
Dinner: 5 oz chicken breast cooked in salsa sauce (lazy idea, didn't work so well), with cheddar bacon potato bake (Stouffer's) and veggies in a lowfat cheese sauce (Green Giant)

Exercise: 55 minutes stationary bike plus 30 minutes light strength training & stretching
Calories: 1531

Tomorrow is Ruth Chris steak house! It's going to be a blown day I know, it's like a $75 plate dinner so I plan on enjoying it. I'll just try to eat healthy before then, make sure I'm not starving when I get there, and box half my steak. But I definitely plan on dessert. At least some.

lessofsarahtolove
12-08-2005, 09:01 PM
THIS IS WHAT I ENDED UP WITH:

AM: Weight Control oatmeal, protein drink, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber (dry) and 30 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 4 oz. chicken breast/tomato/half cup basmati rice/no fat/low sodium baked thingy, salad of 1 cup mixed baby greens and 1 cup baby spinach and 1 tomato w/lowfat balsamic vinaigrette, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID PM: 4 oz. serving of Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
DINNER: Probably a big ol' salad with lots of greens and veggies and 4 oz. chicken breast (MAN, I love my salad!! :p ) Maybe a 1/4 cup of that tomato rice stuff on the side for something warm.....We'll see. Plus 30 oz. water. (I ended up with just a bit of salad and 3 oz. of chicken, the water, and 3 glasses of wine. We officially moved forward with our new beautiful home, and are so excited -- we had the preliminary celebration!!)

Thanks, you guys!

DishyFishy
12-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Thurs 8/12: :)

291- Fruit shake (½ medium banana, 2 oz blueberries, 1 cup 0% milk, 2 tblsp. hemp protein powder); 500 ml coffee.
98- 6½ oz apple.
267- 2 oz whole-grain bread, 2 oz lean baked ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, cherry tomatoes.
80- 1 oz slice whole-grain bread.
469- 5½ oz grilled chicken breast, 1 cup multi-grain fusilli, broccoli, 1 cup tomato juice.
114- ½ cup black beans.

Water: 2½ litres
Total kcals: 1319
Exercise: 30 minutes strength training, 35 minutes brisk walk.

Breakfast: Optimum Slim cereal, seedless raisins, 0% milk; coffee.
Lunch: Lean ham & Phili Light sandwich on whole-grain, red cabbage.
Dinner: Chicken, whole-wheat couscous, peas, tomato juice.
Snacks: Slice whole-grain bread, apple, maybe some plain yogurt.
Exercise: 40 minute walk.

newfiedarling
12-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Thursday
Breakfast - Apple, Yogurt, Coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
Snack - carrot sticks
Lunch - roast beef sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard, apple
Snack - Yogurt, oatmeal
Dinner - Spicy crispy chicken sandwich with salad, Coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
Calories ~ 1465

Exercise

~Dee

lessofsarahtolove
12-09-2005, 09:12 AM
THIS IS WHAT I ENDED UP WITH:

AM: Weight Control oatmeal, protein drink, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID AM: 1/4 cup All Bran Extra Fiber (dry) and 30 oz. water (DONE!)
LUNCH: 4 oz. chicken breast/tomato/half cup basmati rice/no fat/low sodium baked thingy, salad of 1 cup mixed baby greens and 1 cup baby spinach and 1 tomato w/lowfat balsamic vinaigrette, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
MID PM: 4 oz. serving of Light n' Lively lowfat cottage cheese, 20 oz. water (DONE!)
DINNER: Probably a big ol' salad with lots of greens and veggies and 4 oz. chicken breast (MAN, I love my salad!! :p ) Maybe a 1/4 cup of that tomato rice stuff on the side for something warm.....We'll see. Plus 30 oz. water. (I ended up with just a bit of salad and 3 oz. of chicken, the water, and 3 glasses of wine. We officially moved forward with our new beautiful home, and are so excited -- we had the preliminary celebration!!)

Thanks, you guys!
Jeez, I forgot to include my calories: 1387, with 17% fat.

Sandi
12-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Ok, I feel like if I have pizza once a week and it fits within my calories, I'm OK. But yesterday made twice in one week. Not cool. My big fat EXCUSE is that we had a snowstorm and I need a quick dinner for me and mom, blah, blah, blah. I won't let this happen again.

12/8/05
290 - Egg McMuffin
161 - 4 triscuits & cheese
254 - Roast beef sandwich
67 - apple
760 - 4 slices of pizza
1532 - TOTAL

Water: 48 oz.

DishyFishy
12-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Good for you, Sandi! I think you do right to keep pizza at no more than once a week. :yes: Any more than that and it's the slippery slope towards it being accepted as a "normal" meal. If you're anything like I am (my weakness was, and still would be if I allowed myself to have it, fried :chicken: ), before long twice a week becomes acceptable....

Considering how healthy the rest of your food was, I wondered whether your wine glasses were the size of buckets when I saw you hadn't posted your kcals, Sarah. :joker: Three glasses to toast the new home you're getting is pretty restrained, IMO. ;)

"Spicy crispy chicken", Dee.... Yummy! I must get fried chicken out of my head! :lol: I'm off to make dinner now, but I'll content myself with grilled chicken instead. :tantrum:

Fri 9/12: :)

291- 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk.; 300 ml coffee.
98- 6½ oz apple.
59- Starbuck's grande bold roast with 3 tblsp. half & half.
267- 2 oz whole-grain bread, 2 oz lean baked ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, red cabbage.
80- ½ cup plain 2% yogurt.
41- 1 cup tomato juice.
427- 5½ oz grilled chicken breast, 1½ oz whole-wheat couscous, carrots, onion, ½ cup peas.

Water: 2½ litres
Total kcals: 1263
Exercise: 45 minutes brisk walk.

Breakfast: Banana & cranberry breakfast shake.
Lunch: Lean ham & Phili Light sandwich on whole-grain, raw carrots & tomato.
Dinner: Baked salmon, green beans, spaghetti squash, yam.
Snacks: Starbuck's grande FF latte, apple, 2% plain yogurt.
Exercise: 30 minutes strength training & maybe a walk/bike ride.

rabidstoat
12-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow. Well, Ruth's Chris steakhouse was great, there was tons of food, all very rich, I ate too much, but this is actually my one big meal of the year (bigger than Thanksgiving) and, well, in my defense I could've eaten more...

Breakfast: Breakfast burrito at home
Snack: LF sugar free yogurt
Lunch: Healthy Choice chicken baja
Snack: 3T trail mix and a hershey bar (don't ask)
Dinner: 5 jumbo shrimp with cockatail sauce, salad with some oil-based dressing, 2 slices of bread with butter, 4 oz of a filet mignon cooked in butter it looked like, part of a huge baked potato with way too much butter and a boatload of sour cream, big spoonful of broccoli and cheese, and apple cobbler with a side scoop of ice cream

Calories: Totally wild guess of 3400 (about 2300 at dinner), though I did try to guess based off FitDay.

The good news is that 3400 is a pound so theoretically, I shouldn't gain more than a pound. Or even that. Maybe? Hopefully. I might've underestimated. It was good, though. I have steak for tomorrow too.

lessofsarahtolove
12-10-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm not proud of yesterday -- I'd planned a higher calorie day to accomodate eating out at lunch and dinner, but I did end up a little worse than I'd intended.

AM: Weight Control oatmeal, protein drink, 30 oz. water
MID AM: 4 oz. low fat Light n' Lively cottage cheese, some buttery-flavored hard pretzels, 20 oz. water
LUNCH: Penne with grilled chicken, sauteed spinach, balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil, 20 oz. water
PM: 5 oz. tilapia, 1 small baked potato with a little Smart Balance low fat spread, salad w/lowfat caesar dressing and a few croutons, 3 glasses of red wine, 30 oz. water

Total calories 1982, 15% fat

teahoney
12-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Well yesterday I had a major jones for some Papa John's perfect pan pizza. I had and it was oh so yummy although it upset my tummy just a tad. I could tell my stomach was like, "What the heck?!? I thought we didn't eat this stuff anymore." But I loved every bite of it. Because I knew I was going to eat that for dinner, I made sure to eat less throughout the day so that I wouldn't have went into calorie overload. I don't count calories but I have a pretty good idea of how much I usually consume per day and I didn't want to go too much over that. So today I am back on track but definitely not mad for having the pizza.

DishyFishy
12-11-2005, 12:39 AM
That's 5 days 100% OP, and I feel so much better mentally and physically! :carrot: The scale had better be kind to me on Tuesday! :^:

Sat 10/12: :)

287- Breakfast shake (5½ oz banana, 1 cup cranberry juice, 2 tblsp. hemp protein powder. Delicious! :T
160- Starbuck's triple grande FF latte.
267- 2 oz whole-grain bread, 2 oz lean baked ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, red cabbage.
98- 6½ oz apple.
80- ½ cup plain 2% yogurt.
324- 2½ oz baked salmon, green beans, spaghetti squash, 4 oz baked yam.

Water: 2 litres plus 500 ml green tea.
Total kcals: 1216
Exercise: 20 minute bike ride & 30 minutes strength training.

Breakfast: Cereal with raisins & 0% milk; coffee.
Lunch: Lean ham & Phili Light sandwich on whole-grain, raw cabbage, carrots & cucumber.
Dinner: Cheese, onion, & tomato omelette, whole-grain bread.
Snacks: Apple, green olives, 2% plain yogurt.
Exercise: None planned.

Sandi
12-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Catch up time. My water and exercise stank!!! But even though I had ANOTHER food event, I had stayed within my range!!

12/9/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
230 - South Beach Chicken Wraps
0 - Jello
90 - 1/2 granola Bar
210 - Popcorn
220 - McDonalds Grilled chicken salad
80 - 5 crackers
50 - 1 cookie (Jacob's school play)
220 - 1 cup LF ice cream
1310 - TOTAL

Water: 48 oz.

12/10/05
190 - Oatmeal made with skim milk
600 - wendy's kids cheeseburger meal
Bob Evans Birthday Celebration
275 - Chicken Breast with butter sauce
171 - mashed potatoes
83 - Apple sauce
201 - roll
37 - Butter
220 - 1 cup LF ice cream
1777 - TOTAL

Water: 24 oz.

12/11/05
190 - Oatmeal made with skim milk
58 - choclate crinkle
360 - Chicken sandwich
100 - pretzels
90 - 1/2 thousand grand bar
385 - 6 chicken ravioli with pesto
200 - 2 breadsticks
420 - popcorn
1803 - TOTAL

Water: ??

DishyFishy
12-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Sun 11/12: :)

313- 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
40- ¼ cup plain 2% yogurt.
314- 2 oz whole-grain bread, 2 oz lean baked ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, red cabbage, carrots & cucumber.
40- ¼ cup plain 2% yogurt.
44- 5 green olives (1 oz).
397- 2 oz whole-grain bread, 1 (large) egg omelette with 1 oz cheddar, onion, & tomato.
118- 7 oz apple.

Water: 2½ litres.
Total kcals: 1266
Exercise: I hadn't planned any, but took a 30 minute walk anyway.

I'll post my plan for tomorrow in the new thread.

rabidstoat
12-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Sunday. Mistakes were made, purely emotional.

Breakfast: Quaker oatmeal and a Morningstar breakfast patty
Lunch: Lean Cuisine pizza
Snack: Single-serving bag of butter popcorn, big slice of fudge-iced cake
Dinner: Double quarter pounder with cheese and medium fries

Estimated calories: About 2500