Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 AM   #1  
LAWL Center Manager

Default L A Weight Loss Improvements

Hi Ladies!

I wanted to write this letter to get your feedback. As you all know, I am on the L A Weight Loss program (for the 2nd time). What many of you do not know is that I am an Asst Manager at one of the centers. I will admit, I have been very surprised at some of the concerns expressed here, while I completely expected others.

In our market (a franchise), our owner is very serious about making improvements to help improve service and make our clients more successful. If you have any input, complaints, or suggestions, PLEASE share them with me. Also, if you have general questions about the program, I'll do my best to answer them (as far as I'm allowed due to my position).

I understand many of you are clients at various centers, so no name references will be shared. In the sam manner, if you wish to contact me directly via email, please feel free to do so.

I admit, as a client, I shared more than 95% of the concerns I've read here, and do my best to give my clients a better experience. Yet, there is still room for improvement. By the way, I work at the Center in Clayton, NC.

Thanks so much for your help!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:52 AM   #2  
LAWL Center Manager

By the way, I am new to this position. I've been with LAWL about 2 months...
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #3  

Joy: Welcome to this thread. As you know, we refer to the centers are (COD = center of doom). Not that we all have that experience. LOL! Looking forward to your posts.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  

Joy,

I am a true believer that ou must always say something positive with the negitive. On that note, the LA program is the only program out of hundreds that i have tried that i have been succesful at in losing the fat. But on the negitive side, it seems everytime i ask a question, the girls with say that they will check into it and follow up with the answer the next time i go for my weigh in, but they never do, and it may seem like a small thing or question, but it means something to me, and if im paying at least 2000.00 for a program, i want my questions answered. After all if i knew the answeres to the questions, i wouldn't need to be on the program. They expect us to be acountably to them and ourselfs, they should be acountable to us to.

okay theres my imput

angel
truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Joy-

I glad you're so open to suggestions! I think the program's great! When it comes to the centers-in my opinion-a center is only as good as it's counselors. I like some, but I can't stand the majority of them. They are like robots when you ask questions-a cookie cutter answer from a training book. Some of them think they are nutrition experts from their 2 week training which-correct me if I'm wrong-consists mostly of how to make the sale.

I totally understand this is a business-but the counselors that have my respect take their cue from the client in the type of support they need. I want someone to weigh me, congratulate me if I'm down, get me bars and be generally friendly. I don't want their advice unless I ask for it. Others may want that though.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can't treat every client the same.

Sorry for babbling-the point I was trying to make was difficult to express.

Good luck on your weight loss-guess staying OP at work is quite easy, huh?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #6  
Missing Ohio

"If you have any input, complaints, or suggestions, PLEASE share them with me."

Hello Joy,

Let me understand this - our input, complaints, or suggestions to you won't reach our COD or the main COD. We will share with you only and that's as far as it goes. If you are 'allowed' to answer due to your position, how do we get our problems addressed when you can't get help at your COD or the 800 number. That's the biggie. When charged so much money, you'd think we could expect to have a helpline that works and have better trained counselors. I almost hate to use the word counselor because in most cases that's not what you find. Whew, thanks for letting me get that out. Hopefully this will help your COD do better than most since you are an assistant manager and can set a good example.

Have a good weight lost day.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #7  

Joy,

My buddy SY said we refer to LAWL center as COD - Center of Doom.
Actually some of use refer to it as COD (The being the counsler).
Just keeping it real..........
Hope you take all this and try to make your COD and the 's the best!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello all,
I am new to this site and saw this thread and wanted to add a comment as well.

LAWL, is a program that worked for me in the past. I restarted about 1 1/2 months and I am struggling.

I do think the COD lack a lot of important information that clients need. They are mainly focused on selling and it gets rather expensive. I think that something should be done about that.

You have people needing to lose weight, but it becomes so much about the money that many lose focus and give up.

Please make this a priority to get this addressed.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #9  
pregos

Height: 5'10

I don't like the way the centers push products on you. LA lites and the supplements are not the cure all to losing wieght.
glasgow314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:40 AM   #10  
LAWL Center Manager

Ladies,

I just wanted to thank you all for you honest opinions. Of course, your suggestions are kept confidential, yet I am putting them to use in our Center and I thank you!

In fact, due to less than perfect service in the past, we just offered all our customers, who had quit the program, to come back for just $25 and received THEIR ENTIRE PROGRAM FREE. It's been a huge success and will run until Christmas. This gave me a chance to help these clients lose the weight, which is most important, and also find our why they left. To my surprise, many left due to customer service.

Know that at least one center hears your voice and is trying to make changes. THANK YOU, and keep the suggestions coming!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:41 AM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Thanks for being so open minded Joy! Your clients are lucky to have you.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote