South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #1  

Default New to Beaching, and the forum

Hi all, I posted a bio in the buddy up forum but thought I'd introduce myself here too, as I'm a new South Beacher.

My name is Oberon, I live in the UK and I'm looking to lose nearly 2 stone (26 pounds), gained over the last 2 years. Having a baby in Feb didn't help either! I'd already lost 2 stone a few years back on a low cal diet, but it's crept back on again.

I've chosen South Beach, as it seems the most 'humane' of the diets. I've tried WW (never cheated and only lost 6 lbs in as many months, plus was turning into a food obsessed point junkie!) and slimming world, but gave up on that as teh idea of food 'sins' was making me food-guilty. I'm currently on day 1, and not finding it that bad,. I'm following the meal plans exactly to start off with, until I get the hang of it.

Well, hope I didn't bore you all to death, and here's to being able to eat cheese and drink tea!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oberon!

AMEN to being able to drink tea...I drink tons! It's a great indulgence...I get a decaf 'creme caramel' tea that I add a tiny bit of 1% milk to along with a packet of splenda and I feel like I'm having a mini dessert! It's safe on Phase 1, too!

Check out our recipe forum for great Phase 1 recipes, and make sure you check out the emergency phase 1 thread in the FAQ ASAP for great ideas. You'll find the Peanut Butter cup (provided you can get the ingredients or something similar in the UK) a wonderful alternative to the ricotta creme desserts, safe even in P1.

You may find you'll like contributing to the UK chicks forum, too. Veggie, the mod there, is fabulous.

Glad to have you...looking forward to hearing of your enjoyment of this plan and your continued success.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 AM   #3  

Hi and welcome to the forum
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #4  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

YES, here's to cheese and tea! That's what I had for my morning snack, in fact!

Welcome to the forum and the beach! I am new to the forum (just signed up 30 minutes ago), but not quite as new to the beach. I am on Day 10 of Phase 1, and I am really loving it so far. I've had a couple of bad craving days, but am thrilled with the changes my husband and I are making to our lifestyle.

Best of luck to you!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:38 AM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

And amen to tea and cheese - nobody can do those better than Brits, IMHO (forget Brie - give me a nice hunk of Wensleydale any day!).
Closed Thread