Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Taebo and resistance bands

I was wondering: Will any resistance band work, or does it have to be the Billy Blanks ones? I'm currently doing the Fat Blasters Series, and while I have a long way to go before I will be able to use the bands without killling myself, I'd like to know.

THanks!

Vanessa
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #2  

I would think any would be useful
okie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #3  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I don't think it has to be the Billy Bands specifically. I'm sure there are similar bands out there by other companies.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #4  

Thanks....I just thought I would ask and see before I go spend the money. I appreciate the help!

Vanessa
Old 12-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #5  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

But I have to say, I love my Billy bands. I feel so ripped. lol
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:21 PM   #6  

I personally think that the type Billy is using is different from normal resistance band unless you are willing to buy a very long one and cut it and make loops at the end.
Normal resistance band has 2 handles and looks like skipping rope to me. Billys are 2 bands - one end with handle and another one with the loop which goes around the foot. You need two of them withthe same length. If you can find any other like this - fine, but you will not be able to do what he shows with usual type with 2 handles as they will slip from your feet (at least I think it is not safe as IF the slip you get highly likely injusry of your face slapped by resistance band).

Said that - I did a number of Billy's advanced workouts and just purchased his boot camp with bands series. Even though I consider myself in good shape, bands added A LOT of resistance and often I was thinking to take them off. So do not rush to get them if you have a long way to go with other Billys' series.

On the positive side though Costco is selling 3 DVDs WITH bands Bootcamp series for 24$ now.

Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #7  

I agree with Sandy. My bands actually broke during a workout and I had to wait awhile to get a new pair (I had ordered my set from QVC so they kept going back and forth on who should send a replacement) and I never used my other resistance bands that I have. I guess if you were to buy one with handles and loop the one end around your feet - but it would have to be at the right length to feel it. I should try it once to see if it would work with the other resistance bands I have.

Heck, I've been doing Taebo for seven and a half years and when I first started using the bands, I had to drop them for some of the reps because it was too much. I feel it more with the bands though - I really like these workouts ALOT!

Good luck! Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #8  

Thanks ladies....I took a look around Walmart the other day, and they don't look like the same kind they are using, just as you said. But knowing that Costco has a new set of tapes AND the bands has me wanting to go and get them now...... But I don't think my area has a Costco! *gasp* I will have to go see where the closest one is.
And Sashenka and Rachel S.....I'm not in a hurry....I already have issues sometimes with the reps! KNowing you have done it 7 years and had trouble at first makes me think waiting isn't so bad!

Thanks!

Vanessa
Old 12-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #9  

It's funny - my brother was just at Costco this weekend where he lives and called me from there - he couldn't believe all the good things he was finding. Made me really jealous because I haven't seen one since we lived in California hmmm - OMG, 14 years ago - time flies.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #10  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I bought a resistance band from Walmart and my husband is going to cut them and make them into two seperate bands for my little sister.

I don't know how he's going to do it.. but says it can be done! haha But I do love these workouts and think the bands bring a lot to the table. Definately worth the money But I paid about $60 for my bootcamp set when it first came out :P
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote