Support Groups - Time to start again...

View Full Version : Time to start again...

gingerjen
12-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Hello all,
At one time I was doing so well, and now, I'm not. It all happened a little at a time. This time I want a buddy to help keep me on track, someone who can help keep me motivated and on track, and give me a kick when I screw up. A little about me, back in May I weighed 234. I got fed up and started working out and cutting calories. I did wonderful, then I went back to work full time. Twelve hour days made working out impossible and I was too tired to care what I ate. Then I got Bronchitis (sp) and working out didn't happen anymore. Well 3 months have gone by and I have put 10 pounds back on. Now I am ready to kick it back into gear and if anyone is wants to be along for the ride I am here. Hope to hear from you.
Jen

emjay71
12-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi Jen,

Welcome back to this site. Good for your for making the choice to get back on track. I am quite new to this site (about 2 or 3 weeks). I have been chatting with the gals over at "I need accountability to get back on track" and have found it to be so motivating. I lost 3 lbs. last Tuesday (Tuesday is my weigh in day). I am so glad I found this site because I don't think I would have gotten this serious about weight loss without the help, especially around the holidays.

A little about me, I started out at 232 and my goal is 170. At one time in my life I lost all my weight (70 lbs at that time). I was going thru a divorce which made it easy to lose but then I got remarried and gained alomst all of it back. So here I am, ready to lose again. I have been watching what I eat and mostly how much I eat. I am trying not to deprive myself too badly because deprivation usually doesn't work well for me. I have been doing some form of excercise EVERY DAY. Consistancy with excercise does work for me. Mostly I do the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's, either the 1, 2, or 3 mile, whichever I have time for. I really love it and so far haven't become burned out on them. I know a few people who have lost a lot of weight with them so that keeps me motivated.

Oh yeah, we have the same birthday, except I am 10 years older than you. I would love to be your buddy. Hope to hear from you soon...

Emjay

gingerjen
12-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Hello Emjay,
Congrats on the 3 pounds! Day 1 back so far has gone well, I have done my workout already, I did taebo for the first time in almost 3 months, wow do I feel great. I forgot how good I feel after a workout.
Well I will give you a little background on myself. In highschool I looked good, weighed 150 most of my 10-11 grade years, sounds fat for 5'2" but I have a large frame and built with tons of muscle like my father, got down to 140 my senior year, of course being 17 I thought I was fat but looking back I looked so good, far from fat. I worked out and lifted weights so my weight was good weight.
Well we all know what freshmen year of college does, I stopped working out and started taking bc. The weight slowly, crept on. I got married the summer after I started college and then I was comfortable with myself and the weight really started packing on. Two months later I was pregnant, Yikes, so not ready for that. We tried taking care of a baby and putting me through school, worked for two years but we were so in debt so after my 3rd year I dropped out. Let me tell you the depression that caused. Now another 3 years have gone by and I was up to 234. I also have a second baby. I don't want anyone to think I regret my children, I don't, I wouldn't change anything except using food to console myself. The good news is I am going back to school in the spring. I can get my degree online through one of the state colleges here in Nebraska.
Now I am ready to get back on track, I am going to mix calorie counting and slimfast for the first couple of weeks. I read liquid diets help you lose quickly and I want that to start. I'm the kind of girl that gets discouraged easily if I don't see results right away but at the same time I don't want to rely on slimfast. My workout of choice is Taebo and using the stability ball for strenght training. I also like to throw pilates in. Well congrats again and good luck. I check in a couple of times a day so hope to hear from you soon.
Jen

emjay71
12-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Jen,

I thought I was huge in high school too. I would kill for that body now. I am about 5'5" and was about 140. It is hard to remember back that far but I do remember the dress I wore to graduation was a size 10. I am now a size 20. Yuck! When you look back you really can see how distorted our thoughts about weight have been since early ages. I think that is true for almost all girls in this country. Now I just want to be healthy and a size 12 or 14 would be great.

I haven't done kickboxing in a long time, and I have never done Taebo. But alot of people on this site rave about it, I think I will definately have to try it. I think my sister has a few Billy Blanks tapes. Is there one in particular that you like?

Congratulations on going back to school. What are you studying? You are going to be so busy with 2 kids and all but you will just have to make sure to set aside some time for yourself so you can continue excercising. For me the excercise portion of it is so important. The minute I stop my weight comes right back. That is why I'm being a little fanatical with it. I haven't excercised yet today but I plan on squeezing in my 1-mile tape before bedtime.

Hope to hear from you soon...

Emjay

gingerjen
12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Emjay,
Hi,
I love Taebo, it is a butt kicking workout. I guess I really don't have a favorite, I like to mix them up. I have the boot camp dvds and I really want to get back into using them but they are a workout. I would really suggest trying them. I seem to lose weight pretty quickly when using them.

Thanks, I am really excited about going, I will be studing psychology, and I hope to have my Bachelors degree in a little over 2 years.

As for my girls, they do keep me very busy. I try to get my workout done before they get up in the morning, morning seems to work out best for me, otherwise it may not get done. Speaking of my girls it is way past their bedtime. Until next time.
Jen

emjay71
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey Jen,

How has your day been? Mine ok, Monday is the only day of the week that I work outside the home. I clean and do laundry for a family of 5 so I am there all day. And I usually do ok food-wise there. But today when I got home I was starving so I ordered pizza and ate 4 pieces. What was I thinking, tomorrow is my weigh in. I hope I did not blow it for the week. I'm going to have to be much better next week. Well I have to go, I must fit a workout in tonight (I skipped yesterday). Talk to you later...Emjay

gingerjen
12-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Emjay,
My day went pretty good. I did my workout first thing this morning, I think that really sets the mood for my day.

I wouldn't let the extra pizza get you down, we all slip up. It is when it is a habit that it is a problem. My biggest problem is I am a very good cook. I cook it then it has to get eaten. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a good cook;) no one wants to eat bad food.

Good luck on weighing in. I hope you have the drop you are hoping for. :goodluck:
Jen

emjay71
12-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Jen,

Well today is weigh-in day and I lost 2 lbs. I am so happy. Who would have thought that I would have lost 5 lbs. over Thanksgiving and the first week of December. I'm definately going to keep it up. I have already done my 2-mile WATP so I'm off to a good start today.

Hope your day is going great. Gotta run now, I will check back later.

Emjay

gingerjen
12-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Congrats on the loss!!! It always feels so good to see the numbers go down. Really makes the day seem that much better. I can't wait until Sunday to see if I have had a loss.
I've gotten a good workout in already, first thing this morning I had to go out and shovel snow yet again. Yuck, but a good workout. Then I did a 50 minute Taebo. In this one there is a long section on abs and the butt. I am pooped. I just keep picturing myself wearing the cute little sundress I bought way too small. It is kind of a little incentive. It hangs on my bedroom door where I see it and remind myself why I don't want to cheat cause I will look so good in this dress.
Well I am going to go take my shower and was off all this sweat. Talk to you later.
Jen

gingerjen
12-07-2005, 12:47 PM
So far my day is off to a great start. I got an Advanced Taebo workout in. Well my husband did put a bit of a damper on everything when he called home to say we have more snow on the way. I am so ready for spring. It is this time of the year that makes me miss living in the south. Oh well the good news is you burn a lot of calories shoveling snow.

I got a bit anxious and weighed myself first thing this morning. I have already lost 3 pounds!! Yes I know at this point it is just water weight since I started drinking tons of tea and water. But the excess water has to come off so I am still happy about it. I was starting to wonder if 10 pounds by Christmas was a bit much but I still may make it!

Hope to hear how your day is going.
Jen

emjay71
12-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Jen,

Wow, you are doing great with your excercise. You will be in that sundress before you know it. I can't wait to bump up my excercise program a little bit, but I want to get in a little better shape first. At my weight I can still lose with only 15 to 30 minutes a day.

Do you take your girls sledding? I live on a hill so my friends bring their kids over for sledding and I always make a point to go with them. It is great excercise, coming back up the hill that is.

I have been wrapping christmas gifts most of the AM and now need to find some motivation to go to the grocery store, Yuck! I am really low on healthy foods though so I had better get going. Talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
12-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Well I am already tired of the snow, I think I may freeze to death.

And yeah we will be taking our girls sledding this weekend. We live in town so I will take them to my mother's, the thing is that is an hour and half away. I am looking forward to it!! I agree on the hill climbing being good excersize.

I did the grocery store thing earlier this week so I have enough healthy snacks to last untill next week. Sometimes I feel silly putting all the healthy stuff up at the register, then my husbands fattening snacks, I am sure the cashier thinks I am a fraud, but hey, I'm losing weight so I guess I really don't care what others think.

I like doing my long workouts, by the time I am finished I feel beat, but by the time I shower I feel wonderful. I don't know why I quit doing them in the first place.
Well I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Jen,

we are getting a blizzard here. I live out in the country surrounded mostly by farm land. My husband and I were driving home this evening and the roads were so drifted we ended up in a soybean field w/o even knowing it. And no we weren't drunk that is just how bad it is. Are you still getting a lot of snow? It's pretty cold here too, only in the low 20's though. I guess thats not too bad.

I know what you mean about the grocery store. My husband eats a lot of junk too. The bad part about it is that the healthy food costs so much more than the unhealthy food. Oh well, I guess it's worth it.

I didn't do to bad w/ food today. I went out to dinner w/ a friend and only had a grilled chicken salad and a roll. Did my 1-mile WATP tape. I think I will be snowed in the house tomorrow so I have no excuse not to do a longer one. I think I may go into the basement and dig out some other tapes I haven't done in a long time (years) for variety. Talk to you later.

Emjay

gingerjen
12-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Emjay,
Wow, beanfield, sounds scary. I know how bad roads can be, I put my car in the ditch from black ice once, that scared me to death, I don't know how I managed to drive home, a tractor had to pull me out, the snow was up past my knees, and I was so lucky I missed the row of trees at the bottom. Well my backend hit them, scratche up my backside.

I hear you about unhealthy foods being cheaper. That makes dieting so hard when you live on a short budget like we do, mac-n-cheese is so cheap, but so fattening. It just comes down to deciding what is more important. What really makes me jealous in my husband can eat that stuff and as long as he gets a little excersize, and I don't mean workout, just walk around a work a bit, he don't gain weight.

I did good last night as well, I made grilled chicken and we had cheesy brocoli, I love cheesy veggies. I even made sure to save a some calories so I could have some homemade poppy seed bread. That is the great thing about counting calories, I know what I can and can't have ahead of time so I don't feel guilty afterwards.

I got my taebo workout in already and now I am going to get ready to go out of town for the day. Until next time.
Jen

emjay71
12-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Jen,

Hope you had a good day. I know what you mean about the thin husband. Your husband is lucky he stays thin being married to a good cook. I sometimes think my hubby would be heavier if I cooked better. Nah, his mom is an excellent cook and he has always been thin. His mom's side of the family is full of morbidly obese people so he is very fortunate to take after his dad's thin and trim side. It is very frustrating though, I eat a fraction of what my husband does and there are some high cal high fat foods he eats I wouldn't dream of touching and I'm fat. It's quite an injustice!

I ate well today. Although it is 7:30 and I'm feeling hungry (or maybe bored) and want to eat but don't want to blow my day. I'm munching on carrot sticks, I hope that satisfies. I did a Winsor Pilates tape today, yuck. I cannot get into pilates, I don't enjoy it at all. Have you ever tried it?

Talk to you later. MJ

gingerjen
12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Emjay,

Good to hear you had a good day. Mine went pretty good.

To keep from eating extra in the evening I brush my teeth as soon as I am done with supper, unless of course I have some calories saved for popcorn or a snack, then I brush as soon as I am done with that. I used to wait until right before bed. I don't know if brushing my teeth tells my brain I am done eating for the day or if I am just to lazy to get up and brush them again. Either way it works for me.

I did some more grocery shopping today, I ran out of dog food, so I picked up a ham and that is what I will be having for supper. I'll be able to use the leftovers the rest of the week for salads and stuff.

I'll talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Jen,

How is your weekend going? Not too bad here. I attended a christmas party today for my husbands side and overindulged a bit on the food. I went hungry and there is always stuff there I usually only eat once in a great while so that made it difficult to stay on track. But I did 3-mile watp so hopefully that counteracts.

The teeth brushing thing is a good idea I will have to give it a try.

Haven't heard from my sis yet as to wether she found her old taebo tape. I am anxious to try it. I need to add some variety I'm getting a little bored. I'm even considering digging up my old aerobic stair (now that is a blast from the past) and tapes to do. I always had good results w/ step aerobics though. I wonder if anyone still does it?!?!

Well off to bed talk to you later...

MJ

gingerjen
12-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Emjay,

Well, my weekend went pretty good. My husband got off work early Sat. so we spent the afternoon together, and all day Sunday. With all the snow we have gotten lately he has worked tons of hours and I haven't seen much of him the last 2 weeks. He comes home, showers, eats supper and goes to bed.

I was a little depressed Sunday morning. I weighed myself, only to find I had gained five pounds since Wed. I just wanted to ditch the whole process and eat an entire gallon of ice cream. Well I called my mother and just about cried. She told me not to give up, I have already managed to lose almost 40 pounds I know stuff like that happens. Well my husband talked some sense into me, there is no way with what I have been eating and the exersize that I could have really gained five pounds, maybe a little for muscle but not fat.
Later on I realised I had ham for supper last night, salty ham, so maybe I was retaining water. Then TOM showed up 2 weeks early so I felt a little better, aside from horrible cramps but better anyway. And the good news is this morning I have dropped four of the five pounds so all is okay.

I have also already done my workout and now I get to start my house work. I hope your day goes well. Until next time.
Jen

emjay71
12-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Hey Jen,

Sorry to hear about the weight gain scare. The ham would most definately have done it to me with h2o retention. That is probably what it was. Today was my weigh in and I gained 2 lbs. I am disappointed but not surprised. It has been a tough week for me holiday goody wise. And I have been excercising more like every other day instead of every day. Plus it is PMS week and I know I am bloated, but I'm only blaming it half on that the other half was all my fault. Oh well, I plan on doing much better this week. I am not going to let the excercise slack. I will do something everyday.

Well I hope you are having a great day. I will talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
12-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Emjay,

Sorry about the gain. I always hate that. But I would gain PMS. I always gain between 3-5 pounds. I try not to weigh myself if I know it is coming but anymore I am so irregular I never know what to expect.

I am doing really well with my excersize. This morning I really didn't want to do it. I was up late last night so I just didn't feel like sweating my butt off, but I made myself start. Once I got going I was fine, even did an extra ab workout. Now I feel much better.

What kinds of foods are you eating? You mentioned looking for some of your old workout tapes, have you found them and if so what kinds are they?

Well I hope the rest of your day goes well. It was so sunny and beautiful this morning when I got up but it is supposed to rain this afternoon and snow tonight and it is already getting cloudy and gray. I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Jen,

Almost everyday I eat Kashi golean cereal for breakfast and a healthy choice frozen meal for either lunch or dinner (today it was lunch). I also have been eating Subway alot. I mostly get a veggie but sometimes I splurge and get a chicken parmesan (yum) always 6 inch though. I have been eating bagels with reg. cr. cheese but not much of it. I have been snacking on pretzels or carrot sticks. And I have been doing a good job with my water intake. I could probably bump that up a little but I am up once or twice in the middle of the night to pee. I am not much of a soda pop drinker but I have converted to diet on the rare occasion that I drink it. My biggest problem has been holiday gatherings and cookie baking. Do you eat the same things everyday or do you have a lot of variety?

I dug up my old Susan Powter excercise video but realized it was step aerobics and I have yet to go into the basement and look for the old step. So I have just been doing the watp, I did 2-mile today. My sister said that she definately has 2 taebo tapes that I can have when she finds them. I am going to stay on her because I want to try it. Have you still been doing only those tapes or is there something else you do for variety?

We are expecting a big blizzard tomorrow night so I will probably get some shoveling excercise in too. Does your hubby plow snow is that why he has been working a ton?

Talk to you soon. Mj

gingerjen
12-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Emjay,

Well thankfully we didn't get any snow, but we did get a lot of rain. And we have small chance of more snow today and tomorrow. My husband drives a dump truck during the summer. His employer is a private contractor for the city of Omaha and during the winter they plow snow and deice parking lots. So yeah he gets tons of hours when it snows.

Subway sounds so good. I love Subway, I could eat it everyday. My favorite is the chicken bacon ranch on honey oat. I know it is loaded with calories but it makes a wonderful treat occasionally.

I tend to eat a variety of foods. I get bored to easily if I eat the same thing everyday. Not to mention I don't want to punish my family and I don't want to cook 2 seperate meals. During the day it is fine cause the girls will eat whatever I fix but the hubby is a little pickier. I eat lots of veggies. Popcorn is also a favorite snack of mine. The Healthy Choice from Jolly Time I think is what I have been eating.

I try to vary my workouts too. I do a ton of Taebo though because it is a great workout. But like today I did a Basic taebo and a 20 minute Denise Austin Ball workout. I like doing pilates, I find it to be more relaxing than a workout though. I should go, this has gotten a bit long. Sorry to ramble so much. Talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Jen,

The rain you got we are now getting in the form of snow. We are supposed to get quite a bit tonight. So did all the snow you had on the ground melt w/ the rain? I went out today and finished my Christmas shopping before the snow set in.

I didn't do too bad today. I had my Kashi cereal, went out for lunch and had a veggie sandwich (probably not too fatty but I did notice it was too salty), salad for dinner with 2 crab rangoons (bad choice I know). And I did my 2-mile watp. I got the old aerobic stair out of the basement and plan on giving that a whirl tomorrow. It has probably been 7 yrs since I have used it, but I have probably owned it for 12 yrs. I used to always go back to that workout so we'll see if it strikes a chord now. I will just be happy for the variety.

Hope you have a great day, talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
12-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Hi,

How was your day? Mine was good for the most part. I stuck to my plan, did my workout and kept my calories low. I bought some really great oranges the other day and had one for a snack this afternoon.
I just kinda felt crappy about myself. I know I didn't put the weight on over night so it is going to take time to come off, but I still hate what I see when I look in the mirror. It was just a fat kinda day. I do feel better now though.
Did you do your stair workout? If so how did it go? I did my advanced taebo today. I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow. It is getting awfully late so I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Jen,

I have those fat days all the time. Today is kind of a skinny day for the first day in nearly a week I don't feel too terribly bloated. It's strange but I actually have more motivation to do well on my skinny days. And so far today I have only had my Kashi cereal (so far so good). I did my step workout yesterday. I dug up the stair, dusted it off, and did my Susan Powter's "Lean Strong and Healthy" tape. It is a 45 min. workout incorporating the stair and it was intense. I don't remember it being that intense. I have some other step tapes that I will probably resurrect. However, today I will probably stick w/ my 1 or 2 mile watp. I have a busy day, my husband owns a construction company and his employees are coming over tonight for their Christmas party. We are having mexican food catered in but I am doing the hors'deurvs (fresh fruit, shrimp cocktail, and cheese and crackers). I have to run to the grocery store and p/u some last minute stuff. Oh yeah, lest I forget I have to clean house.

We are getting a load of snow today. Are you?

Talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
12-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Sounds like you have had a busy day. Mexican sounds really good right now. What a coincidence about the construction. What kind does your husband do? I was raised around construction. My father has been a crane operator for over 25 years, and my husband did road work for 5 years before we moved to the omaha area.

Fortunately we didn't get much snow. Just dusted the ground yesterday.
With all that you had going on today did you manage to get a workout it? I love the way I feel afterwards, maybe it sounds strange but I almost feel impowered, like I can do anything I put my mind to. Too bad I don't feel that way all the time.

The funny thing about all this is, I am busting my butt to lose weight and my little brother is trying to gain weight. It was funny this evening he was so proud cause he hit 213, and he has a goal of 225. I know sounds terrible but he is going to be playing football next fall and it is all muscle. Well it is late and I need to get to bed, I have to get up early and run errands and get to the bank before it closes. Sorry to ramble so. Talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-17-2005, 02:39 AM
Whew, it is 2:30AM and our party just came to a close. My husband does concrete construction, poured walls (basements) and flatwork (garage and basements floors, driveways etc.) he also does alot of agricultural work (farm bldgs. and such). Beleive it or not he is still pouring basements in all this snow, he usually does not work this late in the season. He doesn't plow snow either, sometimes I wish he would do something in the winter, it gets pretty long cooped up in the house w/ him all season long.

Is your brother playing high school or college football? If so what college?

Well, I probably didn't do to good today food and alcohol wise. I have another party to go to tomorrow night, I'll try to do better. I did not eat too much of the mexican food though and I did get in a 1-mile watp. I will definately have to fit in a longer one tomorrow. I do love the way I feel after excercise too. I actually enjoy excercise. I especially liked it when I worked in a bigger city and went to a full service gym. But now I don't work and live in the boondocks and don't have access to a nice gym, it's a little harder to get motivated to do it at home.

Have a good day.

MJ

gingerjen
12-17-2005, 04:16 PM
I know what you mean about the winter months and hubby being home. As much as I love my husband it drove me nuts. Its not so much a problem now with what he is doing but he is getting about half the hours he does during the summer.

This time of year it is so hard to be good and eat the way we are supposed to. It has been hard not to do a lot of baking. I don't need the extra calories. I really want to bake some banana bread, but when I got to the store all of the over ripe bananas were packaged in large bunches, meaning to keep from wasting I would have to triple my recipe. I walked away to keep from doing something I would regret later.

I keep thinking about joining the Y here in town but keep talking myself out of it. I am getting a good workout at home at my convience. Not to mention I am a bit too shy. My brother is talking to the recruter at Doane College.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. Wish me luck, although really I have been really good this week so I'm not too worried. Talk to you later.
Jen

gingerjen
12-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Hello,
I hope your weekend went well for you. Mine went pretty good. I cheated some yesterday but boy was it worth it. We spent the day on the road. I am thinking about moving closer to Lincoln because they have a masters program I would like to get into after I get my bachelors. Well anyway you know how hard it can be to eat on the road. We decided to forgo any fast food restraunts, you know stay away from the fried foods. We stopped at a grocery store and picked up the stuff for ham sandwiches, not the greatest choice but stil not fried. The bakery had fresh homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. I indulged, I ate it slow and enjoyed every bite of it. One of the greatest things about being on a "diet" for me, is I learn to really enjoy food, I dont' eat just to eat anymore.

Well I weighed in yesterday and I am down to 192! I feel great, I know I was feeling a little discouraged last week, but I feel great now.

I did a Taebo bootcamp workout today. Boy do you feel that when you are done. I am thinking about adding another workout in the evening but not sure if I will be able to make time for it. If it was warmer out I think the girls and I would go out for a walk but it is just too cold to be taking them out right now. I am going to get some housework caught up. I will talk to you later.
Jen

la3y_un1c0rn_37
12-19-2005, 02:44 PM
I had to say that the two of you work well together. I stand up and cheer:carrot: for the both of your good work.....Keep it up......;) You make me feel better about myself and you let me know that it can be done.

Thanks so much

Leigh:D

tsots
12-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey, gingerjen, which part of nebraska are you from? I live in Omaha, NE. And I am one day older than you.

gingerjen
12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Wow,
It makes me feel good to know that we are making someone else feel good about themselves, that is a confidence booster as well.:D

Tsots-that is kinda freaky. I live in Blair, and my husband works in Omaha.
Jen

emjay71
12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Jen,

omg, you probably thought I was missing in action. My weekend got so crazy. I am ashamed to say that I did not even workout Saturday or Sunday. I haven't excercised today yet but I definately will. Unfortunately I am not feeling very positive about my weigh-in tomorrow. But congratulations to you on the weight loss. You have been doing so good at staying on track, I'm envious. You are going to look great by summer at this rate.

I have been baking up a storm and will do more tonight. My husband has so many acquaintances through his business that I always try to have baked goods on hand at Christmas time to give to people. But unfortunately in the process eat some of it myself. I love to bake but my husband is not a sweet eater so I typically give stuff away all year long. Wow, that cinnamon roll sounded great. That is something I haven't had in along time. Since I don't work in an office anymore I never eat donuts (that's a good thing).

I have never been to a Y but I loved the gym I used to go to. I especially loved water aerobics. I had a couple of really good instructors and literally firmed up in a very short amt. of time, it was great. I have tried a few classes at local high schools but unfortunately have never found any real good instructors, it has never been the same. I am trying to keep costs low so working out in my living room to a dvd is working out good for me. And luckily I found this site and it will keep me on task. Talk to you soon.

Leigh, Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you in your journey.

MJ

emjay71
12-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Jen,

Weigh-in day! I lost 1 pound. Yippee! It gives me the motivation to go on. Hope you are having a great day. More later...

MJ

gingerjen
12-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Emjay,
Congrats on losing a pound. Losing weight is very hard and it feels great to see it come off. I think it would be so much easier for me if I wasn't so compulsive. I don't always think about what I am doing, I just do it. I'm also really impatient, I want results and I want them now. Too bad it wasn't that easy.

Sounds like the holidays has you very busy. I still have to wrap gifts, and well pick a few up yet. I think next year I will start in June so I'm not so frantic.

I agree with working out in the living room to cut costs, works great for me, and I am losing the weight without the gym so a double bonus. I keep thinking that maybe I will start running in the spring. I would love to now but it is just too much of a hassle. We will see when springtime comes.

What kinds of workouts have you been getting in? I love shopping for workout dvds, I have more than I need but I still pick them up occasionally, maybe its that compulsive side of me;) The nice thing is I can do what I am in the mood for. WEll hope to hear from you soon. Hope things settle down for you. Good luck with the rest of this week.
Jen

emjay71
12-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Jen,

I have been sticking to my watp mostly. I will probably do that susan powter 1 day a wk. it is more time consuming so it will be whatever day I feel I have more time. I love the watp, partially because they are easy to fit in when you don't have a lot of time and when I'm done I feel as though I have done something. The 1 and 2 mile ones I have been doing now are for the abs. And I have noticed, especially in my obliques, that I'm toning up. I also have a non body part specific 1 mile and 3 mile. I should do the 3 mile one more often but that one is a real workout for me and more time consuming. I'm hoping my sister brings the taebo tapes to Christmas for me. That would be a great after the holidays challenge for me. If you get a chance try the watp. In the spring I will be hitting the streets and walking outside. We have too much snow and ice to do it now, I'm always afraid of falling and injuring myself. I will be in Florida for the month of March and Texas for the first 2 weeks of April. So I plan on really getting out and walking alot down there. We are staying in a condo in FL and I am really hoping they have an excercise facility, that would be awesome.

My brother in law is having neck surgery tomorrow and I will probably help take care of him for a few days after that. I will try to check in as much as possible but if you don't hear from me I will be back as soon as possible.

See ya, MJ

gingerjen
12-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Emjay,
Sorry to hear about your brother in law. I hope everything goes well for him.

I am so glad most all of our snow has melted. It was kinda warm today. Makes me miss spring, spring is my favorite season.

Wow Florida and Texas, that sounds like fun. Working out in nice weather would be a wonderful change. I keep trying to talk my husband into moving south, but most of our family is here so here is where we stay.

Good luck with the next couple days. I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Jen,

My bil's surgery went well. He comes home tomorrow, I think I will be helping care for him.

I stopped at a store today for something unrelated to fitness videos but like you I compulsively bought one. I do that a bit too. Anyways it's a Denise Austin Blast Away the Pounds. Similar to the Walk away the Pounds I have been doing. But she has nothing on Leslie Sansone. It is a little too aerobic dance for me. Alot of moves to keep up with, the watp is more basic and has stronger moves. This new tape has three 1-mile walks on it and a stretch. I will probably just throw it in once in a while for variety, but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone else. Do you have any Denise Austin tapes? This is the first one I have purchased and she may be the single most annoying person I have seen. Maybe it was just this tape though.

Well talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
12-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Glad to hear the surgery went well. Sounds like you are going to be busy.

Yes I have a few of Denise Austins workout vidoes and she is the same in all of them, I just turn the volume way down. I'm not big into her aerobic workouts, but her pilates and weights arn't too bad to learn on. She has a stability ball workout that I like to throw in every once in awhile. It helps to have a little variety. Well for me anyway.

It is late so I am gonna call it a night. I'll check in again tomorrow.
Jen

emjay71
12-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Jen,

Hope your day was good. Mine was ok. I did pretty good w/ food until dinner and had pizza. I ate more than I should have as usual w/ pizza. I'm paying for it now, it feels like a rock in my stomach. You'd think I would lean my lesson and eat better more consistantly. I will keep trying though. I did my 3-mile watp. Haven't done that one in a long time. I think I will do it again tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
12-22-2005, 10:30 PM
I know what you mean about pizza, that is one of my favorite foods. It is hard not to overeat. Tonight I had biscuits and hamburger gravy. I love homemade gravy but I did good. I only had one biscuit half a cup of gravy. I even managed to eat a breakfast this am. I'm not a breakfast person but I have made it a new goal of mine to eat it.

I did a 35 minute taebo workout and a ten minute ab workout. I didnt' go back to bed right away this morning after my husband left so I flipped through the channels and come across an infomercial about Turbo Jam. It looks really fun so after everything from Christmas settles down I may just have to order it.

I am going to be baking cookies tomorrow so I hope I can be good, and no cheating.;) I may have to have one or two, but I will have to quit at that.
Well I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Jen,

What is Turbo jam? If you order it you will have to give me a full review. I bought a cardio dance blast dvd a while back and have yet to use it. I looked at it once and tried a few moves. It looks quite difficult to learn but I like to dance. I'm trying to get some friends together to try it. It looks like it would be more fun w/ others. I saw Kirstie Allie on Oprah and she said her secret weight loss tool was dancing. I still have to try it.

Good luck with the cookies.

MJ

gingerjen
12-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Emjay,

I really didn't see a whole lot of the workout but Turbo Jam looks a lot like Taebo but also kinda dancy. I'm not sure how to describe it. I will definately let you know what I think if I get it. I just finished my breakfast and I'm gonna get my shower taken. I've got a lot of work to get done. My husband wants to leave as soon as he gets off work. His dad wants to take us out to dinner tonight. Sounds great except it is a four hour drive so we are hoping to be there by 8 tonight.

Well I'm back to work. I hope you have a Merry Christmas, chances are I won't be back on until Sunday evening or Monday morning. Good luck with all the wonderful foods that everyone is sure to be offering. I've decided a couple of days won't kill me if I watch what I eat, maybe not count calories, which I imagine would be next to impossible, but just not overindulge.

Merry Christmas
Jen

emjay71
12-25-2005, 03:17 AM
jen,

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful day. Don't worry about food today, just enjoy yourself!

MJ

TrinaS
12-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Good for you. I am ready to try again. I have high hopes this time. I have been reading about the 3 hour diet. It will be hard for me to eat breakfast though. I do believe it will http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/tulip-bar/slider-squaredance/lb/255/150/255/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)jump start my metabolism.

emjay71
12-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Trina,

I have heard a little about the 3 hour diet but not much. I was thinking of looking it up on the net. Is there a book on it or something? Basically I have been just trying to watch what I eat and cutting portion sizes down (portion sizes are an issue for me). And excercising, that is huge for me. I have found this site to be really helpful, it is an awesome source of support and motivation. Feel free to join in with us. I hope you do well.

MJ

gingerjen
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Trina,
Welcome, feel free to join us anytime. I have heard people having success with the 3 hour diet. I am counting calories and I eat when I feel hungry. I just eat in moderation and try to make good choices.

Emjay,
I am finally back. I had a busy but wonderful weekend. I love Christmas time. Well food wise I cheated a lot but hey Christmas is here only once a year and I didn't want to ruin it with all my restrictions. I didn't lose but I was happy so I'm not going to let it get me down.

I have decided that for my next goal I am want to be down 15 pounds by my birthday. That gives me six weeks and I am pretty sure I can get it done.

Well I should go, I have a ton of toys to go through and put away. Nothing like being gone for 3 days then have a huge mess to clean up;) Oh well it keeps me busy. I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Jen,

I didn't lose anything this week but I didn't gain either so I am happy. I would like to lose 15 by your birthday (mine too) but I don't know if it is possible for me I think I will stick w/ a 10 pound goal.

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. Mine was good too. Of course I ate too much. I still have some junk around my house and I have to throw it out. It's hard for me to throw food away but I'm gonna do it.

Talk to you later. MJ

gingerjen
12-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Emjay,
I am really glad I don't have all the leftovers laying around my house. Everything that I fixed for the inlaws stayed with them. Lots of cookies and homemade bread but that is okay cause they arn't watching their weight. Mom knows I am trying to lose weight so she only sent us each a slice of pie and some turkey. I made turkey melts last night and they were so good. A little high in calories after the cheese and mayo but worth every fattening calorie:devil: Don't worry my whole daily calorie intake was still 1385.

Did you get the taebo workout from your sister? I bought yet another one this weekend. It is a butt and abs workout. I watched it yesterday and it is an hour of moves that focus on the butt and abs, looks like a major workout.

Well I am gonna go I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
12-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Jen,

I didn't get the taebo tape yet. I almost forgot about it with all the hustle and bustle. I'll have to call may sister about that.

I feel yucky today, headache and nausea. I so don't feel like working out. I hate when that happens. I hope I feel fine tomorrow and it is not a flu bug or something.

Wow, an hour taebo tape that would be a heck of a workout. Good luck w/ it.

MJ

gingerjen
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Yet another cold and glumy day. I am ready for spring and sunshine. It has been cold and foggy since Christmas and now it is raining.

I am thinking of taking my calories up to 1400-1500. I have been stuck at 192 so I want to see if that helps any. I haven't started my new workout yet. It looks really hard. I want to get healthy not kill myself:devil:

Sorry so short but it is about that time to start my chicken for supper. Have a great evening.

Jen

emjay71
12-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Jen,

OMG, the weather is exactly the same here. It is so depressing. Almost all the snow has melted and I am living in a big mud hole. I have to travel down a series of gravel roads to get to a paved one from my house, it is so nasty. My truck is usually blue but right now it is brown, gross. I'm thinking about going to a tanning salon. I rarely ever do but when I travel south I like to get a base tan so I don't burn horribly when I get there plus I think the warm sun rays would be awesome right now. And sometimes being tan aids in weight loss efforts I think, if you feel better about the way you look it's motivating, for me anyways. I don't tan very well so I rarely ever waste the money on it but it might be nice right now.

The calorie increase may be just what you need, especially if you are excercising a lot. Are you still getting breakfast in? I have never had the breakfast problem (I'm hungry when I wake up) but others I have done WW with have had to force themselves to eat it in order to lose weight. Have you ever tried any of the Kashi cereals? They are full of fiber and you don't have to eat a lot of it to feel full. My favorite is the "Go Lean".

Oh yeah, I did the 2-mile watp tape today. I have to report that daily to keep myself accountable. I'm going to try hard not to skip more than one day per week. It is so essential.

Talk to you later, MJ

gingerjen
12-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Tanning!!! I am so jealous. I would love to tan but I have such a light complection that I fry, and dont' get dark at all. I agree about feeling good being a great motivator.

Breakfast is going great. I bought some cinamon and apple instant oatmeal. For 110 calories it is pretty filling and really tasty. I would like to get some other flavors but it was the only low sugar kind that they carried at the grocery store.

I didn't do so well upping my calories today. I still come out with a little over 1200. I am going to have to sneak in another snack or eat one with more calories.

Being held accountable helps. I think having my weightloss ticker helps keep me inline. Everyone can see if I am losing or not and I don't want to be the only one with it not moving.
I think I am going to try my new workout int the morning. We will see how it goes. Well I will talk to you tomorrow.
Jen

emjay71
12-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Jen,

How did the new workout go? Today I'm going to dig out an old step aerobic tape and do that for variety or maybe do the susan powter one. Something different though. I bid on a watp set on ebay and got it, hasn't come in the mail yet though. I think I already have the tapes in it though but I really wanted it for the "walk away belt" ( a belt that has resistant cords attached to it for each hand for upper body work, I have been using 2.5 lbs. hand weights instead). The only other way you can buy it is in a starter set on the watp website for $39.99 + tax + S&H. They don't sell it individually:?: I got it for $31.00 on ebay and that is incl. shipping:smug: Can't wait for it to get here. I've never got ripped off on ebay yet hopefully this isn't the time I do, lol.

Well have a great day.

MJ

emjay71
12-30-2005, 03:46 PM
My ebay package came today! I got it right as I was preparing to do a different tape. I had a nice surprise because I was expecting the "for the abs" tape to be incl. which I already have the 1 and 2-mile for the abs. But this one has the 1, 2, and 3-mile for the abs dvd. I did 3-mile w/ the belt and loved it, it was the most intensive one I've done to date. Now I can give my 1 and 2 mile dvd away to someone who wants it. Well I just had to tell you that I was so excited, and still very motivated.

MJ

emjay71
12-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Wow, we are in the support group area of the forum now. I was wondering when that was going to happen?!?! I am chatty today, you're probably like, "Can someone shut her up please".

Talk to ya later. MJ

gingerjen
12-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Emjay,

My workout was tough. Definatly could feel it working. I have often thought about bidding on ebay but never really have. I know my brother bid on concert tickets, but he ended up getting them cheaper elsewhere.

As I am sitting here I have my tv on and there is another one of the miracle diet pill comercials. Those just drive me nuts. If it really was that easy and they all really worked, no one would be fat. Sorry hits a nerve. Lets make money off of false hopes. Oh well I am doing it all natural and will have that to show for in the end. Sorry end of rant.

Congrats on the belt, I bet that will make a difference in your workout. I know when I use my bands with taebo I can really feel it. I don't do it often enough cause it is so hard.

Well I'm off to do whatever it is I do all day. :D Well actually I have Christmas decorations to pack back up. That will keep me busy until Charmed comes on.
Have a nice afternoon. Maybe the sun will peak out from behind the clouds.
Jen

gingerjen
12-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey glad you got your workouts, and don't worry, I get chatty too. I am excited about being moved!! Kinda cool in a way. Okay now I really have to go get some work done.
Jen

gingerjen
12-31-2005, 01:53 AM
I just thought I would check in again. I am going out of town until Monday afternoon. I weighed in early and was down to 190. Now lets hope I am good this weekend.:o Okay really it shouldn't be a problem. I dont' drink much.
I will get up early in the morning and do a workout before we take off. I will also take one of my dvds with me. That is one of the many great benefits to having them. You can take them anywhere. Well it is getting late and I have some packing to do. I will talk to you again Monday evening. Good luck with your weekend.
Jen

emjay71
01-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Jen,

emjay71
01-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Whoops, hit the wrong button. Anyway, I hope you had a good weekend. Mine wasn't bad, I don't think I blew it w/ food as badly as I did last weekend. I skipped my workout yesterday but did 2-miles today and definately won't skip tomorrow. I have been helping my niece paint in her new house for the past two days and did not get sore, I attribute that to the upper body workout I have been getting with watp. She on the other hand is only 25 and has been sore from it. That made me feel pretty good (well not that she was sore but that I am getting in better shape). Little things like that are motivating.

Well talk to you soon.

MJ

TrinaS
01-02-2006, 09:08 PM
I made it through the day! I even exercised! It was tough but I did it. I'm pretty proud of myself. http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar013/slider-woman/lb/262/150/257/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

emjay71
01-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Trina,

Good for you. I'm really getting back on track now too after the holidays. I did my 1-mile watp tape today but have challenged myself to do my 3-mile everyday this week. Time to really kick it into gear. Good luck to you and I'm glad you popped in again. Talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
01-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Trina,
Nice to see you around again. Keep posting away! What kind of workout did you do? Keep it up and you will feel great in no time.

Emjay,
Wow, what a weekend. I know I killed myself on food, and no water. I know I was retaining water cause Sunday night my hands were swollen. Too much salt and not enough water. We spent all Saturday on the road, road trippin. So of course my food choices were steered of course because you can't get healthy low cal food at most conveince stores. Ahh. Then we spent the weekend at my brother in law's house. Well he is single and has absolutely no food in the house. I have no idea what he eats. And being the tiny little town that it is nothing is open so our only food choices are to go to the local bar. Any way I have survied and am back on track today. I slept in but once I finally got out of bed I did my workout and ate my oatmeal. I am really getting addicted to that stuff. Well i think i have rambled on long enough. I will talk to you again later.
Jen

emjay71
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Jen,

Well your weekend didn't sound too fun. Aren't you so glad the holidays are over though? I am. I did not do my workout today. But I was at my job, cleaning and doing laundry for a family of five. I think it is quite a workout in itself, considering all the bedrooms are on the second floor and the washer/dryer on on the first. And I change bedding on 4 beds, vacuum, sweep, mop, etc. I think it counts. I'm usually there about 8 hrs. and never feeling like working out when I get home. Well back on track tomorrow though. Oh yah, I almost forgot, I'm down 1 pound today. I'm happy but hopefully will do better next week. Talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
01-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Emjay,
This morning when I posted I forgot to congratulate you on your new upper body strength. Feels wonderful don't it. Glad to hear that the new workout belt is working so wonderfully for you.
Yes I am glad the holidays are over, I do love Christmas but this year has been slightly stressful. Now I can really focus on losing weight.
Sounds like you do keep really busy cleaning. Holy cow, I hate cleaning up after my little family.
Congrats on the loss, hey one pound is still one pound of fat gone forever, but I know how much better a bigger loss feels. Well I am off to get my youngest ready for bed. Talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Jen,

I have completed my 3-mile watp this AM already. My goal is to do that one everyday this week. I have two 3-milers so I can mix them up. But, I'm going to work extra hard for a bigger loss this week.

Have a great day!

MJ

gingerjen
01-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Emjay,

Good morning. Mine seems to be one of those days were I should have stayed in bed. Yesterday I did the nasty job of cleaning dog poop out of my yard. I have a golden retreiver so this is something that must be done often. Well needless to say I got some of the nasty stuff on my shoes. So I washed them in the washer and left them on the lid to dry. Well when my husband got ready for bed he threw his dirty laundry on top of my shoes. I guess I should be glad he didn't leave them on the floor. So anyway this morning they are still wet and I am not brave enough to do taebo barefoot so I am putting off working out until this afternoon.

And my printer keeps telling me I have the wrong ink cartridge in. I bought it brand new before Christmas and have printed with it and now all of a sudden it won't work, the thing is is it is the right one. Okay sorry to rant.

The calorie counting is going well. I had grilled chicken and cheesy beens for supper last night. I had chocolate cake for desert. It was from a mix and I modified it a bit. Instead of eggs and oil I just put a can of diet dr pepper in it so the cake itself only had 170 calories. Then I frosted it with fat free sugar free butterscotch pudding. So it came out to being a little over 200 calories rather than over 300. Tastes pretty good too. Of course not anything like home made but not bad.

Well sorry to make this so long. I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Jen,

Wow, sounds like a bad day. Hope your evening is better. My day has been OK. I got a lot of laundry done at home this morning and then off to clean a house. My sisters house today, 4 hours to clean the kitchen and bathroom (yikes). But I cleaned out a few cupboards too. I did have time to get in my 3-miler so I am still hitting my goal. I really notice a difference after I do the 3-mile. For one thing I am hungrier. I don't mind it though because I know my metabolism is kicked in. I think my metabolism is quite slow if I don't excercise unfortunately.

I have never heard of doing a cake w/ a can of soda. I have replaced eggs and oil w/ egg whites and applesauce before wich cuts the cals and fat alot but I think leaves it quite dry. Is it pretty moist w/ the soda? I made banana bread yesterday (had some brown bananas in a holiday fruit basket that had to be used). But I'm proud to say I gave almost all of it away. My hubby isn't too keen on baked goods or sweets in general so I cannot rely on him to demolish it. I left myself just enough to enjoy for a few days.

Well talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
01-05-2006, 09:17 PM
My day did get better. I went shopping and bought Wedding Crashers. We are going to watch it this evening. I didn't get my workout in but I met my mother in Fremont to pick my daughter up. She was staying with her. Everyone wanted to eat at Wendy's. I had a salad and it was pretty good. So I am proud of that. No greasy fries and burgers.
I think that cake with soda is pretty moist. Not dry at all. I think next time I will try cupcakes since I love cake so much.
Well off to fix supper. Talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Jen,

Good for you w/ Wendy's. I don't visit fast food restaurants very often but when I do I almost always get a sandwich and fries, or sometimes a sandwich and a shake. I love ice cream. Unfortunately in my later years I have become somewhat lactose intolerant, it's kinda been a good thing and a bad thing, keeps me away from ice cream a little. Subway is my fast food of choice usually, and that helps keep cals and fat down. Oh yeah, I love cake too, especially really good cake. I'll attend a wedding just for the cake. Gee I wonder why I'm overweight?!?!

I haven't done my 3-miler yet today but I'm gonna. I thought about going back down to the basement, I think I have a buns of steel tape down there. I might add that into the mix. I really need to concentrate on my butt before FL. Although, my husband commented that my butt did look smaller. I think I'm toning up considerably. I wish I would have taken my measurements, I never do though, just watch the scale and how clothes fit. Oh yeah, my sister still says she is going to dig up the taebo tape. I wish she'd hurry!

Well talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
01-06-2006, 04:43 PM
I know just what you mean about the Burger and Fries. I love Burger king. They have the best fries (other than homemade, but nothing beats homemade). I used to be a Whopper girl, or a chicken whopper. Well it got so my poor husband was getting stuck with half my meal so now if I do feel the need to splurge I get a cheeseburger kids meal. Not as good but it is enough food for me.

If you don't do your workout first thing how do you manage to fit it in? It throws my whole day off if I don't do mine before all else. Yesterday I felt lost, which was wonderful in a way because that means the workouts are really becoming a part of my everyday life. I feel bad on Sundays when I don't work out but I do have to give my body a rest.

If your sister does remember the taebo that will work wonders on your butt. I know I can feel mine has gotten harder. Don't the comments from your hubby feel great. I know mine has gotten so much more touchy feely. I love it. Although he says it isn't all from the weight loss. He says my mood is much better and I am much more receptive to being touched again. Which is true, I don't feel like I have so much to hide anymore. And i love when he can feel my muscles. This weightloss has done wonders for me. I'm not nearly as depressed as I used to be. It got to the point that my hubby and I were talking about meds. Scary. but no longer an issue. I do still have my bad days but we all do and I just blame them on hormones.

Oh my I have gone and typed and typed and typed. :o I do that at times. Well I will let you go for now. Talk to you again soon.
Jen

emjay71
01-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Jen,

Yeah the late workout does throw me off a little. I just finished the 2-mile (didn't start it until almost 5PM) probably would have done 3-mile if I would have done it earlier. I typically don't workout first thing in the AM though. If I do I feel more tired thru the day for some reason, I know that is opposite for most people. I usually do it between 10A and 1P, and the longer I wait the less likely I am to do it. But w/ the weekend here I felt I must. I had to go to the grocery store and post office this AM so that screwed me up.

I too have tons more self confidence when I am losing weight and working out. It definately affects my relationship. I notice it even enables me to do more things and go more places. Fat is depressing. You are so lucky that you did not have to resort to meds, they have so many adverse effects on people. I know that they are a godsend for some people but I think they are best used as a last resort. My sister takes something, mostly for anxiety (a little depression too) but she sleeps so much now. A lot of us who have noticed a big difference in her are kinda worried.

Well this is my second post today I guess I better get back to cleaning my house. It's terrible, I clean other peoples houses and mine always gets put on the back burner. Oh well!

MJ

gingerjen
01-07-2006, 11:46 AM
I know what you mean about a messy house. Mine looks like it was hit by a tornado. The good news is it isn't a filthy nasty mess. It is I have two small children with a ton of toys lived in kinda mess. The socks I matched last night are still sitting in the corner on the living room floor and blankets on the couch to be folded. We won't even discuss the girls bedroom:devil: At least they don't sit and watch tv all day. I do let them watch Dora, Blues Clues and a couple other Nick Jr cartoons in th am but for the most part they are good for them and it gives me time to do house work.

I only did a 25 minute workout this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night. First of all I was up way too late chatting with my brother. But within an hour of going to bed I woke up with a toothache. I fought that for a couple of hours. Then my 2 year old crawled in bed with us twice.

I think this afternoon my husband and I are going to go for a walk or something. That might be really nice.
Well I spose I should get going, before I type the day away. Too bad my fingers don't burn enough calories to count as a workout.;) I'll talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey Jen,

I typed a big long post earlier today and lost it when it said I wasn't logged in (when I was). Arghh, I hate when that happens. So this should be short cuz it's getting late and I need to start getting to bed earlier. I have been getting in the bad habit of staying up late and sleeping in. It has to stop, I don't feel productive enough when I do that.

Did 2-mile today, waited too late again and that is all I had time for. Plan on getting up early tomorrow for 3-mile. I must say my eating was not great today, too much salt and too much fat. I'll do better tomorrow, although, I am craving a home cooked breakfast and I think I will do that tomorrow am. I'm talking pancakes and everything. I will just be sure to watch it the rest of the day.

Hey, how was wedding crashers? My niece is doing Netflix and she has that one coming. I heard it was good and will probably join her in watching it this week. We watched 40 y/o virgin last week and it was hilarious, quite risque but hilarious.

Well got to go.

MJ

gingerjen
01-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Wedding Crashers was so funny. I loved it and I am glad I bought it.

I hate when posts get lost.
Well I didn't weigh myself this morning. That time of the month and I am always up a few pounds then so I thought I would spare myself this week.
Well this is going to be short. When the hubby is home he feels neglected if I play on the computer too long. I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Jen,

I know what you mean about that time of the month. I can feel PMS coming on so I am sure next week's weigh-in for me will be a bummer. I have high hopes for this one though. I'm changing my weigh-in day to Monday, so thats tomorrow. Talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
01-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Well Monday is here and time to start another week. I need to put this weekend behind me. My eating wasn't the greatest. Weekends are hard enough with my husband home and all the running around we do. Saturday started out great. Then Sat afternoon we went to look at house. It was okay but we weren't sure we wanted to move to Fremont so we wanted to talk about it. Well we told the lady we would discuss it and get back to her later that afternoon. Well an hour later when I called her she told me she let the kids that looked at it after us have it. Man was I pissed. Not because I wanted it but because we had been there first and she didn't give us a chance to say yes or no. Oh well I take it as a sign. Anyway I bought M&Ms when we got gas, I did make my husband eat most of them but still it was a no no, and yesterday was no better. I want to blame PMS and chocolate cravings but I should have more control.

I did my taebo fat blaster workout this morning and now off to pick up the toys that manage to cover what seems like my entire floor. Talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Jen,

Well that sucks about the house. But you are right, probably a sign. How far is Fremont from where you live now?

Well I weighed in today and I am down one pound. I wish it were more but I guess I am going to be happy w/ 1 lbs. a week. I think I probably need to think about cutting calories though. I did so-so this weekend, not too bad though. So were the m&m the first candy you have had in a long time? I eat a peice or two of chocolate almost everyday. I love it. I can usually go w/o salty snacks but I crave chocolate frequently.

Well talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Well today is off to a good start. Well a little behind schedule but off all the same. I started out on the phone rather than working out so I didn't get to taebo until 10 so I just finished. My mother wants to take my girls home with her which I never care but Liz gets really homesick really fast and I can't just run down and get her so we were trying to work something out.

I also called around looking for daycare. I am thinking about going back to work. Money is getting tight with me staying home and I want to go back to school and that is going to be expensive so I figure I should go back. I don't mind I just hate what daycare cost. If I can get them into the daycare I had them before I get an employee discount, but that is if they have openings, other wise it is going to cost between 200 and 300 and week. Ouch.

No the M&Ms were't the first candy. I have a treat every couple of days, I just make it a small one and my reason for eating it was all wrong. I live in Blair and Fremont is about 20 minutes away. Omaha is 20 minutes south of here.

Well I am off to figure out what to do next. my house is clean so I really don't have much to do. That is another reason I need to go back to work. I get bored and I can't tolerate to sit and watch tv all day-well unless I am sick or in a movie marathon mood.
WEll I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Jen,

Well I got my 3-mile in b4 noon today so that was a good thing. I have got to stay in the habit of that.

Good luck on the daycare thing. Wow, what a huge expense and then to be worried that you are getting a good one. I can't imagine. Do you have to look for a new job all together or are you going back to one you left? What field are you in? I'm strongly thinking about looking for a real job when we get back this spring. Or a I may advertise a little and p/u some more houses to clean. A job w/ benefits would be great but I like the flexibility of cleaning. I don't know. Well right now I am off to my inlaws to work on tax prep for my husbands business (yuck). My mil always did it for him in the past but since I haven't been working I have been doing the business stuff. So she is going to show me the ropes. Still, not looking fwd to it. Well talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Emjay,
I talked to my boss today. I had to fill out another app since I have been gone for 3 months but I don't know why she wouldn't give me the job. I am very good at what I do. I am a CNA/Med Aid. I like working the day shift, I am done by 2:30 pm and have the rest of the day to do whatever I need to. I will start getting up at four again to do my workout, then probably something like pilates or maybe weights in the afternoon. We will see how it goes.
Tax stuff sounds like no fun. Glad I don't have to deal with that, for that matter we take our W-2s to HR Block and let them deal with it.
I am really starting to like the way my body is looking. I mean at 190 I obviously have a lot of fat left but it is a huge change from before. I am very pleased with how I am looking. I can get into some 36s and some 14s, depends on the brand. They are still tight but I can get into them and wear them. By my birthday I am hoping they fit nicely. Well I must get the girls in their jammies. I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Jen,

Hey, I have worked as a CNA before. It is actually how I got started in the medical field way back in high school. I really loved that work too, although it is very physically demanding. We're you working in a nursing home or hospital setting? Well that is cool that you can probably just step right back into a job. I wish that was possible for me. The last place I worked (which was in a physical therapy office) closed the office that I was in so it is out of the question. Oh yeah, I also have a cosmetology license and I was kind of considering getting back into that. Not sure.

I would kill to be in a size 14 right now. I put on a pair of 18's today that had become snug and they fit quite comfy, so I guess that is a start. I'm also wearing some 20's. The last time I lost a lot of weight I got down to a size 12 (occassionally a 10) and that is my goal this time. I kind of have a large bone structure so 12 looks pretty good on me. I was a size 10 when I graduated high school and look back on those pictures now and think I was quite thin. What is your ultimate goal, size wise?

Well talking about all these smaller sizes makes me feel like working out. Better get it done before hubby comes home. Talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
01-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Emjay,
What a day. I am down one kid for the rest of the week. My mother came and picked up my oldest.

I work in a nursing home, but I have also worked in an assisted living. Being a CNA is okay but not my ideal job. For a while I thought about getting my RN but never could quite talk myself into it. Now I finally have the nerve to do what I really want to.

I'm not really going to brag about my 14s just yet. I can get into them but they are still very tight. It is a wonderful feeling. At 140 pounds in high school I was at my smallest in a 29 in levis. I would love to get back into that size but would really be happy in a 32. I think realisticly that may be what I aim for. Or about a size ten. It is really hard to say, I think this time around I will have have lower body fat percentage so I think clothes will fit differently. It all comes down to how I feel and how I look.

Well I spose I should go. It is 11 and I need to get ready for bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
Jen

gingerjen
01-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I am in a wonderful mood this morning. Of course part of it is the excersize endorphins, but I just got off the phone with my boss, I get to just pick up where I left off! I am going in the the morning to work out my schedule. And to make things better the daycare upstairs has room for my girls! That saves me a ton of money, over 100 bucks a week. I will be close if they need me.

Well more good news. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 189. This is huge for me. I was 195 when I got pregnant with both girls. I haven't been this low in like 6 years:carrot:

Now if I could just find a nice big house for a reasonable amount of rent:?: My mother keeps telling me to be patient and I will find the perfect house, but I don't think she realizes that my walls move in everyday, well or so it feels like it. My hubby tells me to quit buying stuff. I can't help it I am a compulsive shopper. I just have a compulsive personality, not as bad as some but shopping and food have always been vices and hey, I gave up the compulsive eating so I am not going to stop shopping:devil:

Well I have rambled on for long enough, with my mood I could go forever but I don't think anyone wants to sit and read all I have written for that long. Have a wonderful day.
Jen

emjay71
01-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Jen,

Congratulations on budging the scale. That is awesome that you broke thru a weight barrier so to speak. You are well on your way, although I know that this is where it gets more difficult. But you will do it.

I'm with you, I'm not too concerned w/ clothes sizes. When I feel like I look good and when I feel good I will be where I am going. I know I'm not going to be where I want to be in FL, but hopefully I will be a lot closer to my goal by the summer months, I'll settle for that.

Whew, I had a busy day. I was up at 5:15 and off to babysit for my husbands brothers kids for about four hours this AM, then had to clean my sisters house, and then went to a friends house to cut and color her hair. I just got home a bit ago. I did pretty good w/ food today (my only downfall was a bowl of ice cream). But I did not excercise, I just couldn't fit it in, and now I am too tired. But I will definately be right back at it tomorrow.

So when do you start back to work?

MJ

gingerjen
01-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Emjay,
I know that the awesome weightloss I had going to start had to slow down. I should be happy with avg of 2 pounds a week but when I started I was losing 5 and that is an awesome motivator and I hate to see it go. Oh well 2 pounds a week is healthy. I think eating around 1400 calories a day also helped, the thing is somedays I am looking for calories cause I have kinda gotten used to only eating 1200.

I go back to work on Monday, kinda excited but kinda hating the idea of not being with my kids. I know I have to get used to it. Ashley will be in kindergarten next year. I feel too young to have a little girl going to school already. Guess that is what happens when you start your family as young as we did. I don't regret it though. I will be young enough to enjoy all the things I want to, and now I am taking time for myself.

Well I'm gonna go, I want to do some browsing around here before i start packing. We found an apartment that we are going to move into at the end of the month. Until next time.
Jen

emjay71
01-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Jen,

Hey that is great that you found an apartment. But I know it is going to probably suck packing and moving. I know I hate it. Are you staying in the same town or are you leaving?

Wow, your were losing 5lbs a week to start? I feel that I am going slow at 1 a wk. I know if I cut my calories I would lose more but I don't want to change my eating habits too much cuz then it is like a diet. Which I know it is anyway but I would rather modify my eating habits so hopefully I can stick w/ it forever. Mostly my problem has been eating too much not necessarily the wrong things so I am trying to train myself to eat less. So far it is going pretty good. I feel as though I am slipping a little this week but I know it is pms. I did get in a 2-mile today and I am going out tomorrow night so that should guilt me into a 3-mile tomorrow.

Talk to you later.

MJ

emjay71
01-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Hey what happened to our weightloss trackers????

emjay71
01-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Jen,

OMG, I feel like the bottomless pit today. I just can't stop eating. Damn that PMS. And to top it all off tomorrow is weigh in. I did an old aerobic stair tape today, it was an intermediate (30 mins.). Quite challenging though, I can tell I'm getting old because I used to do that tape all the time almost effortlessly. It was a real workout for me today, I might do that one once a week (yeah that is what I said about the susan powter one). However, I didn't feel as though I got enough strength training w/ it (it was more cardio) so I did 1-mile watp. Hopefully this combats what I've eaten this weekend.

Hope you had a great weekend even if you did probably spend it packing. Well got to go, I ordered "March of the Penguins" on pay per view at 7PM. Good luck at work tomorrow. Talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
01-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh what a weekend. We went to my brother in laws, we have a lot of our stuff stored there because our house is too small. Well we brought a few things back since we will have more room. I hate eating fast and easy. Don't always work with the whole diet thing. That is okay I will live.

I go back to work tomorrow. Kinda excited kinda tired and hating the idea of putting my girls back in daycare. They need it and I need it. Then I get to come home and pack some more. I just keep telling myself I burn lots of calories packing and moving heavy boxes.

I know how PMS is. Last weekend I felt like I couldn't get my hands on enough chocolate. It is like our bodies are programmed to fight us every step of the way. The good news is I made it through and so will you.

Yesterday I was in a huge hurry, trying to get around to go and all so I didn't get a real workout in. When I got to my mothers to drop my youngest off she wasn't home yet so the hubby and I went for walk. Not a major cardio walk but a nice lieserly(sp?) walk. It was really nice. I never workout on Sundays so I kinda missed my workout.

My new apartment will be closer to work so I am thinking about walking on nice days. It is about half a mile so I could put the girls in the wagon and go. I think it will be a nice way to unwind after work. Well I have rambled on and on so I will go for now.
Don't let the PMS get to you. And feel free to rant to me, that is what I am here for. Well talk to you later, and good luck. You are doing great so far.
Jen

emjay71
01-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Jen,

Well how was your first day back? Good I hope. Were the girls ok at daycare?

Well I weighed in today and I am up 1 pound. I'm disappointed, but nothing I can do about it now except do better this week (which I intend to). That is one thing about gaining it always motivates me not to the next week. Didn't excercise today, it was my cleaning day.

Well got to cut this short, talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
01-17-2006, 01:08 PM
This is going to be a quickie, I'm on my lunch break. The first day was okay, lots of new faces and some new routines, and several sick employees so we were short, no surprise this time of year. I did have a huge headache by the time I got home. It was a combination of lots of things, not enough sleep or food that kind of headache. Today is going good. It makes me feel good that everyone is glad to see me back.

I have gotten up at four the last two days to do my workout. Yesterday I felt like a huge clutz but I am sure it will get better. Today was better. I only got in 30 minutes both days but hope to have the energy to do more tonight. Well I must run, don't wanna be late, I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Jen,

Got to make this short. I'm on my way out the door for an overnighter. I won't check back in till Thurs. night.

Glad work is going well. Can't beleive you are getting up at 4 to workout. I couldn't do it. See you later.

MJ

emjay71
01-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi Jen,

I'm back! Hope things are going well for you. Do you have to work this weekend? I hope not, that would suck! Well not much new here, I dug out all my WW stuff this AM and have decided to count points starting today. I feel a little out of control and could use some structure I think. Well I am off to the grocery store and I think I am going to look for a new watp tape while I'm there. I need some variety. Talk to you soon I hope.

MJ

gingerjen
01-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Sorry I have been gone so long. This last week has just been hectic. Yeah I had to work this weekend. I am trying not to stress out over everything that is going on. My husband has decided at the last minute to try to get a job in Lincoln, which would work out great for us and all but to change at the last minute, yikes.
I have decided not to weigh myself so often. It like I am obsessed. I need to focus more on things other than a number. I am thinking about just once a month. I really don't know for sure yet. I know I have eaten like a pig this last 4 or five days. Ouch, and havent' worked out like I should. Well I have a ton of work to get done. I will check in tomorrow.
Jen

emjay71
01-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Jen,

Glad you are back. Sorry to hear that your life is hectic right now. Hopefully things will even out soon. My life is a little crazy too w/ taxes and all. My hubby leaves Wed for an 11 day trip to Idaho. I will miss him but I think it will nice to be alone so I can really put a lot more effort into weightloss. I will be able to be very selfish w/ my time to workout and I won't have to cook for him (and won't be tempted by what he eats).

I weighed in today and am down 1 pound. Better than nothing.

Talk to you soon.

MJ

gingerjen
01-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Emjay,
Well another day has come and gone. I haven't been excersizing like I should. I know I need to find the time but right now it is impossible. I am thinking about getting an elliptical.

I really haven't been sticking to my diet but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Well I have so much packing to do. I will check in again soon.
Jen

emjay71
01-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Jen,

You have a lot going on right now, I can totally understand why you have been a little off track. It's probably just going to take you a little time to get into a groove. But don't let it get you down, you have done great so far. I was just thinking about the name of this thread "Time to start again". I think I am going to treat everyday as time to start again, if I mess up today tomorrow will be better. I didn't fit excercise in today but will definately be back to it tomorrow. I had a job interview today and got the job, Salon manager in a hair salon. I am excited but now I will be in your shoes soon when I start working. But the good thing is that 30 hours is considered full time so I will have some extra time for excercise I hope. I think I will be quitting my cleaning jobs I haven't totally decided though.

Well I better go, talk to you tomorrow.

MJ

gingerjen
01-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Congrats on the new job:carrot: I am sure it feels great. I know I was feeling very cocky yesterday afternoon when I got off work. I hate to brag but I am very good at what I do. I am an awesome aid. Well as I was leaving yesterday I over heard one of my nurses talking about me. She told another one of my nurses that I am really good. The other one said yeah I had a great day. How well we work makes their day go smoother. And the compliment came from a nurse that is very hard to please, so that made it all that much better.

My job is hard on my diet. Getting enough to drink is an issue. By the time I get home I feel famished, even though I do eat at work. I have oatmeal for breakfast, sometype of snack between 9 and 10, then lunch. I need some delicious, low calorie, filling snacks to eat when I get home from work. That seems to be the time that kills me.

Right now I am just going to focus on getting moved, then jump head first back into weight loss, don't worry I am by no means giving up, no way on that, I just won't let it be another source of stress for me right now.

Good luck with the new job. Hope it works out well for you. Well I must go, no matter how hard I try I just can't get these boxes to pack themselves.

Jen

emjay71
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Jen,

That is awesome about the compliment at work. That always makes me feel good too. I liked that job too, I found it very rewarding. Do you have good co-workers or is there alot of people who don't pull their weight too well? That is what I found when I worked in that position, the latter one that is. I am excited to start my job I have an orientation on Monday and probably get my schedule after that. I have not been a stylist in a salon in a long time (like 13 years). But I never quit doing hair in my kitchen. But I'm looking forward to doing it more again. The management aspect will be cool too.

Well, not so great on food today. And I was half way thru a 3 mile watp tape today when my husband called. I had to answer it (usually I don't answer the phone while I'm working out), anyway when I got off the phone they were at the last 1/2 mile. So I got about 2 miles in. I'll shoot for 3 again tomorrow.

Talk to you later, MJ

gingerjen
01-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Emjay,
The weather was beautiful today. Didn't even need a jacket it was so wonderful.

I'm thinking about checking out a new workout to see if that helps jumpstart stuff for me. I hate to say I am bored with Taebo I am just having a lot of trouble doing it. I think what I need is more variety. Maybe I will see what I can come up with this weekend.

At work we have a little of both. That is okay cause the area I work I really don't have to worry about finding help. Most everyone on the hall is either independent or one assist so I am alone.

Well I am hoping my husband gets home soon, so I should go get supper started.
Talk to you later.
Jen

gingerjen
01-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Hello Hello
Well the day is off to a great start. I finally got brave enough to weigh myself this am. I have eaten like a pig and not worked out in since last Wed. I haven't gained any weight. I think my job is saving my butt literally. But then I am on my feet all day. I sit long enough for a quick break and a quick lunch, but I walk constanlty for most of the shift. I am in a wonderful mood.

My hubby and I talked about my diet briefly this morning. I am thinking about giving slimfast a serious try. I am really sucking at structuring my meals around work and all. I am planning on having oatmeal for breakfast, then a shake at my 9:30 break, and one for lunch, then healthy low cal snack after work. Then a nice well balanced with lots of veggies supper. Sounds easy enough not to have to put too much thought into it with work and all. I am going to give it a shot. I really don't take time to eat at work anyway so this may really help.

I finally decided to check out ebay, and I actually bought something. I am a precious moments collector and my bid won on an Aug plate. I want to bid on more but I need to wait until I get them all unpacked so I don't double up on anything by mistake. When I finish here I am going to look into workout videos.

Well I am quite the little chatterbox today. But then this is my day off and I got good sleep last night so I feel totally refreshed and like this is my chance to get some stuff turned around. Well I need to go.
Talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Jen,

The weather here is quite nice too. Well, only about 44 degrees but that is warm for January or February. It has been very sunny the past couple of days. I still haven't went to the tanner yet. Got to get there at least a few times this month before we leave for FL. I failed to work out yesterday, I had a busy day. I am going to definately make time for it today. And I had pizza last night, that is such a no no food for me. But I feel as though I need to have it about once a month. Oh well!

MJ

emjay71
01-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Jen,

Down 1 pound today. Had my orientation at my new job and then out to dinner w/ friends after that so I didn't get a workout in. But I did 4-mile watp Saturday and 2-mile on Sunday. I was so proud of myself for getting six miles in in two days. Clean house tomorrow so I may not get one in. Talk to you later. MJ

gingerjen
01-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Emjay,
So how was orientation? Good I hope. When do you start working? I feel like I haven't been much of a buddy this last week or so. I am up to my eyeballs in mess. And now to top it all off I managed to catch a bad cold from work, although that is better than the flu that a few people have had.

Congrats on the pound lost. I really want to jump back into working out I just don't know when I would do it. I get up and go to work and come home and work on my mess. The good news is I will have this house empty by friday. Then I have to move all of my stuff up to the 3rd floor, so I will definately be getting some exersize.

Well back to work for me. I see the end, dimly but the end of the packing, then oh my I have to put it all away. I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
01-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Jen,

Yes my orientation went well and my first day is Thursday. I am pretty excited to get started too. OMG, I do not envy you with moving. I hate to move I hope I never have to do it again. So is Friday your first night in your new place? You are going to have such a busy weekend. You don't have to work this weekend do you? I hope not!

Well I only did 1-mile watp today because I also did my cleaning job. My in-laws invited me to go out to dinner tomorrow night so I better do at least 3-mile if not 4-mile tomorrow. I looked at Taebo tapes at the store yesterday but was surprised they were $30 for a set of two. I guess that is not too bad but I just didn't have the money for it this week. Still waiting for my sister or my neice to dig theirs out.

Hope you feel better.

MJ

gingerjen
02-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Emjay,
So how was your first day of work? Good I hope.

I am getting the keys to my new apartment tonight! I am excited, well until I remember that I have to carry my stuff to the 3rd floor:dizzy: Okay enough of that depressing thought.

So how are the workouts going? How is going back to work going to affect them? I am thinking about getting an eliptical, okay I am pretty sure that we will get one with my tax refund, I am thinking that it will be a nice change and it will be something that I can do in the evening while I watch CSI. We will see.

Where did you see the taebo tapes? Sometimes Walmart will have them for as little as about $10, just gotta kinda look around. Well the hubby just got home so I need to help him load the truck. I will talk to you again soon. I am looking forward to hearing about the job. I am also sorry it is taking me so long to respond. I promise once I get settled it will be better.

Well off to work again.
Jen

emjay71
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Jen,

Whew, first day of work was tiring. I forgot what it was like to be on my feet all day long. The salon is very busy (it's a costcutters inside of Walmart) which is good because you can only make good money when you are busy in that field. The salon, however, is in desperate need of management (been w/o since Nov.) so I really have my work cut out for me. It is going to be a busy Feb. so I may not be able to get here as frequently.

Workouts are going well, I was able to get in a 1-mile before work this AM. Probably not tomorrow though. I may have to revert back to 1-miles for a while, but definately more on my days off. You are so going to get excercise moving your stuff up 3 flights. Yuck! It was at Walmart that I saw those tapes, I think the problem was that they were in multi-packs. Probably would have been alot cheaper individually.

Well try to make the best of moving, hopefully you can settle in quickly.

Later, MJ

emjay71
02-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Jen,

Happy Birthday:hb: Hope you had a great day.

Are you all moved in? Well I have to keep this short, got to get to bed. Hubby's flight last night was supposed to get in at 8:45PM didn't get in till 2AM at an airport 50 miles away from the originally scheduled one. Got to catch up on sleep tonight.

Talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
02-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Emjay,
Happy Birthday to you too, even though it is a little late. They finally got my phone turned on this morning. Well we have everything at our new apartment, now the daunting task of cleaning and putting everything away. Carrying stuff up all those stairs sucked. Well the first day wasn't so bad. Hey even the couch was easy. By the 3rd day everything was heavy. We bought the girls a bunk bed, it about killed me to carry it up the stairs. Trent and I are going to buy a new bed, we will definately have them deliver and carry the thing up the stairs.

Yesterday we did some shopping, I tried out an eliptical and loved it. Trent even loved it so we are definately getting one, don't know for sure when, I want to go get one tonight, but at the same time I want to wait until my mess is a little cleaned up.

As of today I am officially back on track food wise. Excersize is still on hold, but I think I am getting a little in with all the work I am doing:devil: Well I must go, walls don't wash themselves. Talk to you later. Hope the new job is going well.
Jen

emjay71
02-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Jen,

First and foremost, weigh-in day, down 3 lbs. I couldn't beleive it myself. I know that it was mostly on account of hubby being gone. So now I have my work cut out for me this week to show another loss. And I have b-day cake in the house, it definately has to go... I think I will bring it in to work tomorrow (let everyone else get fat).

Well I hope you have a tub in your new place. Cuz you have got to be sore from all that moving. Yikes! I would love an elliptical too, but haven't brought myself to spending the money. My husband isn't as open minded to excercise equip. as yours unfortunately. Let me know when you get it and how you like it.

I'm slacking on the excercise too but think I shall force myself into at least a 1-mile tonight. I have probably about 3 loads of dirty clothes hubby drug home, yuck.

mj

gingerjen
02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Hello again. We did it, my husband bought me an elliptical for my birthday. I am so very excited. It is still in the box but we didn't get home until after ten last night and now I am just waiting for him to put it together.:D I feel like a little kid at Christmas. But honestly I just don't have the energy to work out. I don't think I will ever see the end of all this work.

Congrats on the 3 pounds lost:dancer: It feels wonderful I know. I would like to see what I am at now, but I have no idea where my scale is, that is okay for now.

I hope the new job is going great, getting your coworkers fat sounds like a wonderful yet evil idea. Well I must go, I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
02-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Jen,

Well as soon as you get your elliptical up and running let me know every detail (likes, dislikes, brand, etc.). I bet you are exhausted after this weekend. Did you have to work much this week? My job is going ok, I have a lot of problems to deal w/ going into it though. A little more stress than I was banking on but hopefully I can get things ironed out quickly. And not do too much stress eating in the meantime. I have been struggling w/ fitting excercise in too but I haven't abandoned it completely so that is good. I did 2-mile Monday, trying to fit at least a 1-mile in today, and tomorrow AM is me time so I will do 3-mile or more.

Talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
02-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Emjay,
I only wish I was exhausted, I have had two days off since I started moving, one of which I had to trade, so now I am working tomorrow, and it will be day five. Normally I only work 8 hour shifts but the lady that traded me works twelves, so I have to work 12 tomorrow, yuck. So no I'm not working out now, but I am still very active, I know not an excuse but I am just too tired to care.

I hope things get better at work, I know that stress at work has a huge impact on us both on and off the job.

Well I must go, I will talk to you later.
Jen

emjay71
02-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Jen,

Sorry I have been missing for so long. I worked all weekend and Monday and had a lot of other things going on as well. I weighed in yesterday and was up 1 lbs. I wasn't too disappointed though because of the 3 I lost last week (that was really unusual for me). I have been trying to fit in 1-mile on the days I have been working but that is not enough anymore. I have today and tomorrow off so I am planning to do 3-mile on each.

Yuck I can't imagine 12 hour shifts. That would totally suck. Did you get through them ok???

Happy Valentines Day!!!

MJ

gingerjen
02-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Emjay,
Dont feel bad, I haven't had the time lately to check like I used to. I need to get back into checking every day but somedays I just want to crash at night. I have today off so I am going to get a lot of unpacking done. I am waiting on my bed to arrive.

I love my elliptical. Definately worth the money we spent on it. We bought it at sears. I know some people say to stay away from the cheaper models but my husband and I cant afford the very pricey ones and we decided that in time we may upgrade. After 15 minutes on it I am winded, but I keep going anyway. It has different programs on it and I so far I just kinda play around.

Well I have so much I want to get done, day off what a joke, is there really such a thing:dizzy:

emjay71
02-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Jen,

I'm glad you love your elliptical. Also glad that the less expensive models are good too. Any time I go to a gym that is what I use, I like the different programs.

Well did you get all unpacked? Won't you be glad when that is over and you can get back to normal?

Well I have to make this short, I want to try to get a 2-mile in b4 work. I will try to check back in tonight.

mj

emjay71
02-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Jen,
Just wanted to check in and make sure you are doing well. I am fine. Work is hectic and I haven't been finding ample time to excercise and haven't been eating great. Same things you went thru when you went back to work. It is so frustrating. We are leaving for FL in 1 week. I hope there is a computer in the condo we rented so I can keep up w/ this site. If not I will have to find a cyber cafe and check in once a week or something. Talk to you later.

MJ

gingerjen
02-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Emjay,
I have been such a bad bad buddy. I hope you can forgive me. I am so exhausted with work and moving, I still have stuff in boxes, some nights I just don't feel like doing it. I have been doing the elliptical about everyother night. I need to do it tonight. My eating has really gone off course, today has been good. I made cake for my hubby last night and I really really want some but maybe if I keep my calories low enough I can have some tonight. I am making meatloaf so that shouldn't be to bad if I eat a small piece.
Everything has been stressful.
Well I am off to buy cold medicine for my youngest. I will talk to you again soon, much sooner.
Have fun on your trip.
Jen

emjay71
02-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Jen,

Don't worry about it, I haven't been getting here as frequently either. How long have you worked up to on the elliptical (minutes)? Every other night sounds quite sufficient. I haven't been finding the time to workout every day either. I guess that is what happens when you have to go out and actually get a job!!! We were much more religious about it when we weren't working, outside of the home that is. My eating still is not great, I'm excited about getting down to FL to the fresh fruit and seafood. Hopefully I can get it together there. We leave the day after tomorrow. I also hope I have access to a computer down there since I don't have a laptop. Well got to get to bed soon, lots to do tomorrow.

MJ

emjay71
02-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Jen,

Just had to check in with my weigh in results. Down 2 lbs. Don't ask me how but I'll take it. Have a great day.

mj

gingerjen
03-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida. Sounds fun. This last week has been terrible. I have been really sick, yet I keep going to work. Sat I had the stomach flu, and what I thought was just a cold is actually influenza a. How fun. And I have been working the whole time, so yeah everyone is getting sick, but I didn't start it, I just didn't help matters much. I need to work out but really can't. By Monday I should be good as new.:smug:

On top of all this I am trying to get into nursing school. I decided that is what would be best for me. I am so excited about it. A little nervous because it is going to be very hard work. Sorry this is short, but I need to get ready for bed, congrats on the 2 pounds, I haven't weighed myself in such a long time. I really need to but I am truelly afraid of what I will find. I will begin working out again as soon as my lungs can tolerate it.

Well enjoy your trip, hope to hear about it soon.
Jen

gingerjen
03-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Just checking in, I hope you are having a wonderful vacation. Hope to hear about it soon.
Jen

emjay71
03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Jen - Hi,

I finally found a cyber cafe. I'm having a wonderful time, but it is half over.:?: I was so glad to see you checked in yesterday so it wasn't hard to find our thread. Well I am getting a ton of outdoor walking in but eating too much. I don't have a scale here and that is probably a good thing. Well I hope things are going great for you. I will check in soon.

Here's sending you some sunshine. MJ

gingerjen
03-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. We really do need sunshine here. We just got a large snowstorm, snowed for the better part of 2 days. I am loving it.

I am sucking on the diet front, I am sure I have gained at least 5 pounds. I have been so busy and so stressed since moving. It took forever to get settled in. We had the flu go around at work, so we all had it twice here at home.

To top it all off, I have been trying to get into nursing school. Kinda stressful. I know I could go to a community college and get my RN but I want my bachelors degree. All the schools I looked into are private schools so tuition is high. Well in all this time I have done my visits and research and have decided on a school. I am going to be going to Midland in the fall. I recieved enough aid that I have to pay very little, I am borrowing about half of the money then the rest is scholarships and grants. I am so ecstatic. I want to start now but suppose I can wait until fall:dizzy:

I have every intention of getting on the elliptical every night but I am always too tired when I get off work. Right now it is so much easier to fix something fast and easy then something healthy.

Well I am going to go get some housework done before my day off is completely gone. Well good luck and have lots of fun.
Jen

emjay71
04-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey Jen,

Well I'm finally back. Sorry but I never got back to that cyber cafe. We had an awesome time the weather was awesome. FL had it's dryest March on record which was good for us, not great for them though (a lot of wild fires inland). I got a great tan (for me that is I'm very fair complected and blond). The first week and a half was bike week in Daytona which we participated in. It wasn't as bad as I had envisioned, it was actually very fun. My hubby has a Harley and he is more of an enthusiast than I am but it was fun. We went to Universal Studios (twice), it was very fun. If you ever get to FL with the kids I would recommend it. And the rest of the month I laid by the pool or on the beach (mostly the pool). I ate like a pig but walked every day (at least two miles a day) and to my surprise I only gained 1.5 lbs I think. I will weigh in officially on Monday AM and get back on my normal schedule.

Well summer is on the way and I am ready to get down to business. I hope you are too. We can do it together. We just have to keep in mind what is important to us (not food). I go back to work on Monday and plan on being more on track w/ weightloss than ever.

Congrats on nursing school:carrot: you will never regret it. It's going to be a lot of work but it will pay off ten fold in the end. I wish I would have done it at some point in my life. Not too late I guess, I mull it around occassionally. Hey keep in mind that if you get your associates and get a job in a hospital they will pay for you to get your bachelors through tuition reimbursements. Every hospital I ever worked in did anyways.

Well I have to run, lots to do with unpacking and all. I hope you check in soon.

MJ

emjay71
04-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey Jen,

Well it is Monday AM and I officially weighed in. I am up 3 lbs. No worries though, I am back on track and it all starts today. Well got to go do watp before work talk to you soon hopefully.

<J

emjay71
04-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi Jen,

Hope things are going well for you. Well today was weigh in and I am down 3 lbs. Yippee.

Hope you find your way back soon.

MJ