Support Groups - Party 'til the Cows come home!

View Full Version : Party 'til the Cows come home!

Wabby
12-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Christmas Party at this thread!!!!:snow4:

Bagzz
12-02-2005, 03:43 PM
well everyone here seems to have already started their partying by the looks of the apron gut arses and sausage pants---WASN'T THAT SWEET OF ME---- i just read a press release telling us to get weighed EVERY day--- did i already send that to you---i found it interesting and think i will try it----could be depressing,but maybe you get used to it------------here's the article---Terrific Reason to Weigh Yourself Daily
It's such a simple and easy thing to do! People who are trying to either lose weight or avoid gaining it are more likely to succeed if they weigh themselves daily, according to a University of Minnesota study of 3,000 overweight men and women.

The results were clear: Over a two-year period, those who weighed themselves more frequently had a greater weight loss than those who shunned the scale.

Why? When people weigh themselves daily, "something is going on. It's independent of things such as diet and exercise, so it may be worth recommending," said Minnesota lead researcher Jennifer Linde, who published the study results in the Annals of Behavioral Medicine. "If people see that their number has gone up, they may realize it's time to do something. It's probably easier to make that small correction," than to try to compensate after gaining a lot of weight. Even for those who were trying to maintain their weight, daily weighing had a positive effect and even led to weight loss for some.

People Who Eat This for Breakfast Weigh Less [Netscape]

Weight Loss Dos and Don'ts [WebMD]

What's the Best Food for Weight Loss? [Netscape]

30 Health Conditions Linked to Being Overweight [Ladies Home Journal]

11 Smart Nutrition Moves [Fitness]

Getting on the scale every day isn't something most weight loss groups, including Weight Watchers, recommend. And public health recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control do not include self-weighing at all. Maybe that should change. "It is not surprising that daily weighing correlates with success--people who do well like the feedback," says Kelly D. Brownell, director of the Yale Center for Eating and Weight Disorders. "I suspect it helps people who are succeeding and is a problem for people who are not losing or losing slowly."

This isn't the only study to demonstrate the power of a simple bathroom scale. Concerned about the very common "freshman 15" that many college students gain in their first year, Cornell University researchers determined that stepping on a scale every morning could help keep those unwanted pounds away.

Led by David Levitsky, a professor of nutritional sciences and psychology, the Cornell team weighed a group of first-year female college students at the beginning and end of the semester. The control group were women who had no further contact with the research team, and they gained on average almost 7 pounds in one phase of the study and more than 4 pounds in a second phase of the study. However, women in the treatment group did not gain any weight. They weighed themselves every morning and e-mailed their weights to the research team.

In turn, the team provided weekly feedback using a method called the Tissue Monitoring System (TMS), a mathematical method for estimating changes in body tissue from a series of daily weight measures. One group of women received weekly graphs and instructions on how to interpret a positive slope as an increase in tissue mass (an early weight gain). A second group received an e-mail indicating how many calories to cut or burn off daily--either by eating or exercising--in order to maintain their original weights. Both methods were equally effective in preventing weight gain. The study findings were published in the International Journal of Obesity.

Maybe it's time to step on the scale!

Schatzi
12-02-2005, 07:37 PM
maybe it's time fer self flagellation.

Can't hurt ...I'll be game after the holidays.!:D

Cowpernia
12-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I am going to weigh myself every morning and email the results to Bagz. She won't know how fat I am because she does metric.

I saw one episode of this sitcom with Kelly Rika. On this show, her sis wanted her to go to a therapist. She didn't. Instead, whatever she wanted to get away with she'd just say, "My therapist says I'm on a different clock and need to sleep in later." stuff like that.

I'm noticing that some religious people do the same thing .. not to get out of stuff but to justify stuff without having to examine it. "I believe God wants me to stay in this relationship." "God wants me to work with felons." It just puts a halt to the conversation real good.

Bagz, according to the internet, you live in the land of wooly knitting shops. God wants you to send me enough for a sweater. Bulky. Red.

My darling DS has gone to Gainesville for an academic tourney. His GF is Korean. They were born in the same city the same year. I'm not sure about the same hospital but it's a good bet. His mother is a distant memory for him.

Bagzz
12-02-2005, 10:21 PM
how many skeins,what shade of red,and what weight???? yarn is plentiful in them thar hills,it grows on trees-------------do tell---------------it's margie night but i had mike's cranberry instead----off to bed,christmas at the market is tomorrow!

Cowpernia
12-03-2005, 01:47 AM
weight: bulky, aran or worsted

red: pretty like your toenails

amount: ask 'em how many it takes to make a sweater that will go all the around a cow

what can I send you?

I am so needing a change. I need tons and tons of encouragement and prodding. Hold me accountable.

I am making these socks on size ONE needles. They're smaller than the skewers you buy in bulk to put your chicken and pineapple on. It is taking so long !!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwonk
12-03-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm noticing that some religious people do the same thing .. not to get out of stuff but to justify stuff without having to examine it. "I believe God wants me to stay in this relationship." "God wants me to work with felons." It just puts a halt to the conversation real good.Don't forget: "God wants me to be a brainless idiot."

Thank goodness you're finally getting exterminated, Wab! I mean the rats of course. Maybe now you'll be able to sleep at night, eh?

I think DH said this morning that we caught a mouse last night. I was not listening to him. I am more than a little stressed lately. Dog-faced girl is giving me a run for my money. Man, if I ever get her trained to where I want her, it will be a miracle. It finally didn't rain today, so we let her stay outside for quite a while, and she dug some giant hole and apparently laid in the mud (because after all, it may not have rained today, but it has rained for the previous week or something). She was so dirty I had to give her a bath. Not exactly what I had planned today.

Meanwhile, the nice daughter (as opposed to the black hairy evil monster girl) was unbelievable in the play tonight. She was apparently good last night too, but I was backstage (actually not even backstage, more like down the hall) so only saw and heard bits and pieces of the show. I got to do a lot of the makeup for the kids -- only foundation, I didn't dare the fancy stuff. I also helped with miscellaneous costume problems -- for instance, one girl had the hoop in her slip (she was wearing a fancy ball gown) come out and wave around at the audience while she was supposed to be dancing! DH said there was a problem with the sound; some of the mikes weren't working well, especially DD's, so it's just as well I didn't have to suffer through that agony of trying to singlehandedly will her voice to be louder.

Tonight the mikes were spot on and her voice was perfectly clear and gorgeous. She has the role down pat and really fits it perfectly. The whole production is first rate, it really was great fun. One more night, I get to watch again, but I'm not going to video I guess. It's totally against the rules and I was hoping to do it surreptitiously, but it's not dark enough in the auditorium to get away with it. And yes, they will come tell me to turn it off, I don't doubt it for a minute. Very sad that a mother can't get a video of her kid's star turn. I think it's criminal.

What a lovely pome, Schatzi. Are you sure you didn't have the wine before you wrote that? Just kidding!

Uploading a couple of not very good photos to make Bagz jealous.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-03-2005, 03:06 AM
The kid on the left plays Marley and he's wearing chains and lockboxes (and some gauze around his head :dunno: )

Cowpernia
12-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Bad puppy!!

Kiwi what they do here in Dogpatch is have someone video the whole thing from the back of the room and then sell the videos to the moms for $5-10. Suggest that. Of course you deserve a video of this big event in a mom's life.

All people are mindless idiots, Kiwi, not just religious ones. For example, I know an extremely well-read, intelligent, charming man who moved here to Dogpatch from a cultural center. He refuses to even go .. even once ... to see a local country music show. He just knows he's above that. I'm saying he moved here ON PURPOSE but won't even stick his toe in the water. Maybe it's not the same thing but it's just as stupid.

Cowpernia
12-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Bagzieeeee .. you got to get one of these.

BARRY, Wales--Though he did not know it at the time, the idea came to Howard Stapleton when he was 12 and visiting a factory with his father, a manufacturing executive in London.

Opening the door to a room where workers were using high-frequency welding equipment, he found he could not bear to go inside.

"The noise!" he complained.

"What noise?" the grownups asked.

Now 39, Stapleton has taken the lesson he learned that day--that children can hear sounds at higher frequencies than adults can--to fashion a novel device that he hopes will provide a solution to the eternal problem of obstreperous teenagers who hang around outside stores and cause trouble.

The device, called the Mosquito ("It's small and annoying," Stapleton said), emits a high-frequency pulsing sound that, he said, can be heard by most people younger than 20 and almost no one older than 30. The sound is designed to so irritate young people that after several minutes, they cannot stand it and go away.

So far, the Mosquito has been road-tested in only one place, at the entrance to the Spar convenience store in this town in South Wales. Like birds perched on telephone wires, surly teenagers used to plant themselves on the railings just outside the door, smoking, drinking, shouting rude words at customers and making regular disruptive forays inside.

"On the low end of the scale, it would be intimidating for customers," said Robert Gough, who, with his parents, owns the store. "On the high end, they'd be in the shop fighting, stealing and assaulting the staff."

Gough (pronounced GUFF) planned to install a sound system that would blast classical music into the parking lot, another method known to horrify hang-out youths into dispersing, but never got around to it. But last month, Stapleton gave him a Mosquito for a free trial. The results were almost instantaneous. It was as if someone had used anti-teenager spray around the entrance, the way you might spray your sofas to keep pets off. Where disaffected youths used to congregate, now there is no one.

At first, members of the usual crowd tried to gather as normal, repeatedly going inside the store with their fingers in their ears and "begging me to turn it off," Gough said. But he held firm and neatly avoided possible aggressive confrontations: "I told them it was to keep birds away because of the bird flu epidemic."

A trip to Spar here in Barry confirmed the strange truth of the phenomenon. The Mosquito is positioned just outside the door. Although this reporter could not hear anything, being too old, several young people attested to the fact that yes, there was a noise, and yes, it was extremely annoying.

"It's loud and squeaky and it just goes through you," said Jodie Evans, 15, who was shopping at the store even though she was supposed to be in school. "It gets inside you."

Evans and a 12-year-old friend who did not want to be interviewed were once part of a regular gang of loiterers, said Gough's father, Philip. "That little girl used to be a right pain,

Kiwonk
12-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Sorry, don't want to go to jail. You have no idea what hoops the publishing company makes the school go through just to get the priviledge of putting on their play. They don't allow videotaping at all, but they actually have a point with someone videotaping the whole play to sell copies. Seems to me they don't have a point when it comes to a parent wanting a lasting memory of the performance, especially if it's just of their own kid.

You are quite right about mindless people. Most of us are to some extent. I object to deliberate mindlessness much more than the lazy kind. You know, when you hear "God will provide" right after someone has refused to make an effort to help themselves or take advantage of an actual god-given opportunity. The truth is usually that they don't want to get off their fat arse--they want the government or their neighbors to provide.

Of course, I was referring to brainless idiots, you know... Not the same thing.

Should I go weigh myself? I'm taking off a pound for clothes.

eww 189

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-03-2005, 08:18 PM
157--------whaaaaaaaaaa----i used to weigh 140 in the good ole days------i heard about the mosquito on CBC Radio this week peach!!!! very cool!!!!!!!!!!! oops gutta go

Cowpernia
12-04-2005, 10:15 AM
141 .. I ate a can of nuts. Don't know what happened.

I have nothing to say. Raining here. I'm in a bad mood that's good if that makes sense. Hmmm. I p*ss*d at other people instead of being depressed. Anger instead of depression. That's good, right? Empowered.

Gutta go untangle yarn.

Where is Shotsie's blog?

Schatzi
12-04-2005, 10:16 AM
179... Shamu got nuthin on me...

Kiwi: You are so blessed to have a "good" , very talented and smart daughter..and she is purty to boot..She has the world by the tail ! Her hair is ta die for! Now then I Know the make up is theatrical, but my first thought was " Dawn of the Dead" Hehhheeee.

Cowsie: you need a change? What with school coming up.. a renewed commitment to knitting? I think you are doing mahvalous doll!

Bagz: Sausage pants! Yes that is me... with the Popover/muffin rollover.. hmmm even our analogies are FOOD based! Go figger

Yes the God is guiding me ..blah blah.. I have an aunt who is guided by Buddah and Chanting... CHANT FER THIS CHANT FER THAT..."I chanted and got it" I chanted for you and you got what you wanted" And she insists on preaching constantly... meanwhile she is the most self centered money grubbing leech I know...but she is "enlightened"...grr don't get me started...

he heeeeeee...I'm high on life and loopy most times my lettle cowlettes..so here is my Hiaku to Wabbys Wats:

Rodents are ugly
Extermination too kind
Dead Rats are Pretty.

PS. My husband thinks that my hiaku is very disturbing and states that he will be sleeping with one eye open.

Cowpernia
12-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Shots you are Buddhist? How cool.

I knew the guy once who was out walking with his dad in California when they were accosted by those people who have that one chant that will grant you anything. They laughed it off and went along with. The wife/stepmom was a bad housekeeper and they decided to chant that she would clean the back bathroom. When they got home the plumbing had broken in that bathroom so she was a-cleaning.

You haiku is less disturbing that those women with their guns/break-in talk. I will still mad. A good cat would give those wats a wun for their money. My yard is filled with HUGE feathers. The size that comes off a buzzard.

Shots you are so sweet. Keep encouraging. I need a change as in social-man. Did you hear about that woman (on NPR again this morning) who is now 70 but when she was 67 placed ads that she wanted to have sex with men, no strings attached. And she did. And she's glad. I think it's disturbing to have done that and disturbing to be bragging about it. That's not the kind of change I need.

SugP
12-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Read it and weep...

177.5!!!´:stress: :stress: :stress:

Whe I first barged my way into WLB I weighed 147.5. What happened???:(

Kiwi - your dd is just BEAUTIFUL and lovely and talented.

I cannot post any more now because I have to KNIT!!! St. Nicholas comes tomorrow and the stockings need stuffing.

Lush
12-05-2005, 07:24 AM
I don't knit. My mother used to knit and embroider. I have a collection of lovely size 7(approx) sweaters that I can't wear. I have a gorgeous white embroidered quilt for a queen sized bed, I have a king. The point is that afghans and table linens are the way to go. I use all of the afghans and tablecloths. I'm tres unproductive. My hobby is watching TV and hanging on the internet. Sometimes I listen to music.
Shatz, your Buddist story sounds like "Absolutely Fabulous" Peaches, yours sounds hopeful. I have a back bathroom and would be happy for a flood if it would clean it.
I must go look for pics of Kiwi's dd.
My dS went to his first formal on Saturday night. He looked so handsome. She looked so beautiful.
Sugar, getting older is a drag. At least we're not senile, yet.
Must go wake children for school.
L

Cowpernia
12-05-2005, 09:30 AM
142.5 .. this isn't working.

I have nothing to say. Kiwiette has always been amazing and gorgeous. This is last week of school before finals. I am exhausted and I do nothing.

Wabby
12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
165. This can not be. Something must be done. Did anyone see the Oprah show about the middle aged women who by their own admission had "let themselves go"? They're going to do something about it on upcoming shows. I wanna see how they solve this problem. I predict it will involve exercise and therapy.

I don't knit. I used to crochet and cross stitch and sew, but haven't for years. I watch tv. I read. I bake way too many goodies. Then I eat them.

I went to a cookie exchange party on Friday nite. We drank peppermint patties, which is hot cocoa w/ peppermint schnaps & whipped cream on top. I'm sure they were very low cal. Then I brought home a huge plate of assorted cookies that DH & I had eaten by Sunday evening. I think the idea of this cookie exchange thing is to have an assortment of cookies for your holiday entertaining, not for scarfing down in 2 days time. Then after doing NotMuchofAnything all day Saturday I went to bunco where I ate chicken enchildas & drank more peppermint patties, topped off w/ chocolate cake & peppermint icecream. I have absolutely no right to whine about being fat. What the h*ll else would I expect to be? --- I'm the bunco queen - I won most buncos and split 2nd most wins --- I ended up w/ $42 in winnings! I paid for it the next day, though, I felt sick and headachey all day. So I spent most of the day on the couch. bleeh.

Schatz - I was sooo touched by your poignant haiku. My hero exterminator man is coming back on the 9th to see if there have been any more casualties. So far no more sightings. Peach, I can't have a kitty because of my cat chasin' dogs. Besides, this rat was about 10" w/ out his tail. I don't think any kitties would want to fight him. That's a job for Exterminator Man.

I wish Bagzie would post pictures of her lovely shop at Christmas --- my friend who opened a shop last year w/ her sis is struggling --- mostly w/ being partners w/ her sister. That would be tough.

Speaking of sisters, my baby sis had a birthday on Nov. 27th. I forgot. Our mother forgot. Her husband forgot. I feel sooooo bad. I'm a bad sister. The worst part of it is that she turned 40. Now thats a bad birthday.

Kiwi, DS and his DW have adopted an adorable little yellow lab puppy. She's so sweet, and so far pretty docile, which is just what they need, because I think they're insane to get a dog 2 months before the baby arrives.

My task for today is putting up the fakey Christmas tree here at the office. For some reason I'm not excited about it. I still haven't put up a single decoration at home, but I'm going to get started on that tonight. DH put up the outdoor lights while I was sacked out on the couch yesterday. Very purty.

Cowpernia
12-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Wabby has some good ideas like pictures of Bagzie's shop.And some bad idea like not having a cat. Whip them doggers into shape. Kiwi will help you.

Yesterday, I made cranberry banana breads with Sugar's recipe and I ate one. They were small. They had sugar. I can feel it.

Wabby .. all that stuff you ate that has all those bad calories sounds SO GOOD> I would eat it too and never think twice.

Walked Duck Hudda Lake this morning with a friend. Yay me. We sauntered. We could talk. Other friends fly around that thing so fast that talking to them is like, "Huff huff huff did you huff huff cough see Oprah yest huff terday." More fun sauntering.

Wabby
12-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Peachez, telling my doggies not to chase cats is like telling me to leave the chocolate alone. It's just not in their nature. or mine.

Kiwonk
12-06-2005, 01:34 AM
And believe me -- I'm no help! I just let the dog chase the cats. I figure they'll work it out. Of course in the meantime it is driving us all crazy, so I end up making her go lie down in her pen when we can't stand it anymore.

I knew the guy once who was out walking with his dad in California when they were accosted by those people who have that one chant that will grant you anything. They laughed it off and went along with. The wife/stepmom was a bad housekeeper and they decided to chant that she would clean the back bathroom. When they got home the plumbing had broken in that bathroom so she was a-cleaning.:lol: I guess that goes under the category of Be Careful What You Wish For, eh?

Thanks for the complimentary words re: DD, Schatzi. She's a great kid.

Hey, guess who we're going to see in Boston, in January!?! Billy Joel! I wonder if he's changed any since the last time I saw him? In 1974.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-06-2005, 01:33 PM
i forgot to weigh myself and now i have on lots of clothes so it's too late.

i have a friend who met a guy online, fell in love, spent time together as he lives locally, got her heart broken. now she has returned to AA. I am jealous. I need a place to go to like AA .. someplace I can just fit in and be social .. but where? Brainstorm. Shots will think of something. There's only church here and I'm not feeling I fit in there. So I lonely, depressed, bummed, etc.

My cat is sitting on the floor next to me purring. Isn't that nice.

Plus my knitting isn't going all that smoothly and I have friends who actually have asked for knitted socks/gloves for Christmas. I wish they wouldn't do that. I would love to knit for everyone but it just isn't possible.

Wabby
12-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I know what you mean, Peaches. My sister goes to AA and she has wonderful AA friends that love to do fun stuff. They are always available if she has a problem or is feeling down. The rest of us have to pay therapists for that.

I think you should buy your friends a skein of yarn, needles and a how to knit book.

Hmmm. 1974. I dunno, you haven't changed a bit, so maybe he looks the same, Kiwonky.

I have a headache and I'm feeling a little upchucky today. Bleeeh. :headache: :barf: :faint:

Wabby
12-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Did you know you can roast a butternut squash whole in the oven? Poke it w/ a knife and cook it for 1 hr & 15 minutes. Easier than whacking off your fingers when you try to machete one of those suckas in two.

Cowpernia
12-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I've tried whacking spaghetti squash too. They're cast iron.

Does Bagz need a puter in her shoppe? Where's everyyeyeyeyebody. ??

Kiwonk
12-06-2005, 05:29 PM
I have a code in de nose. And a sore throat. So I've been in bed. I also have what has become chronic pain in one hip. So I'm officially old. I'm debating whether I should go have the doctor check it out or just start taking shark cartilage or whatever and book the surgeon for my hip replacement in 15 years.

Heck no, I'm not in a bad mood :s: :snow4:

Feel better, Wab. I got through a period without a migraine for once. Had a headache, but ibuprofin got rid of it. Maybe there will be one silver lining for being DAM.

I have no suggestions for your social circle, Cowpeach. Except don't join AA, you will really feel like you don't fit in there. :D When you're not working, human interaction really dries up, I know. Here's where I get human interaction: DD and her friends (now that's really unreliable, as you know), at school activities with parents of other kids, the music boosters meetings and fundraising activities, puppy kindergarten class, in-law family meals. And no, it's not very satisfying. Was much better when we had a group of friends we hung out with. And no, I didn't include DH on that list. Maybe when he gets a job I'll put him back on my friend list... :lol: Here are some things I have considered to improve my social interaction: getting a job ( :eek: ), joining the philharmonic society in town (which would be much more attractive if they weren't all a bunch of old ladies), taking a class (too lazy). What I'd really like to do is join a doggie activity club like obedience or flyball, but they are so far away, it's a bit unlikely.

Think I'll replace those play photos with some I took on Saturday. Back in a bit.

Kiwi

Wabby
12-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Actually, Kiwonk, those AA ppl are more normal than you would think. I've met several of my sis's AA friends and they could just be the soccer mom next door or who ever. I wouldn't advocate joining AA for friends, though. My niece joined something called Events and Adventures here. It costs $1000 for 6 months and they have all kinds of activities for singles planned such as wine tasting at vineyards, tour of a chocolate factory, white water rafting, cross country skiing, etc. Supposedly you get to meet other "quality" singles. I think it just means that you get to meet other singles w/ $1000 to invest in group dates. Then there's "It's Just Lunch" - another dating type service that you get to try somebody out for lunch instead of test driving them on the more expensive dinner. I don't suppose these are options in Dogpatch, but it should make you feel better to know you're not the lone ranger in the quest to meet ppl.

You can't tell by this long and driveling post, but I still have a headache.

I put up the fake Christmas tree here at the office. I personally think fake trees are a little depressing, but I'm not messing w/ a live tree at work. And no, I will not post a picture. It's not that pretty.

I want to know what everybody's favorite Christmas cd is... I need some new holiday tunes. I bought Diana Krall Christmas Songs but it's not what I was looking for.

PainterWoman
12-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Apologies for being gone... I am trying to re-start my business/practice after those months of recuperating and lounging. Unfortunately, working is actually quite a bit of effort... so I answer the e-mails that NEED answers and then go take naps. Not much knitting here, even... I just fal asleep... and now that it is colder, the cat comes and lies in my lap and purrs... which instantly puts me to sleep. Hope all are over their up-chuckiness and other doldrums.

Bagzz
12-06-2005, 09:54 PM
gawwwwwwwwwwwd i am dog tired but like i was saying---if i don't work me arse off in the next three weeks i may as well retire------i will probably be here every day in january----i plan on getting a lap top for the shop which is free internet {the uptown area is wireless,sooo cool!}----i am selling MANY ice molds---i must take a pic for you as they really are gorgeous=-===i will try to remember to take my camera to work =-----there was a party for the market people tonight so we could all finish our decorating---lots to eat and drink---quite festive-----------------sorry you are feeling like crap===most of you!!!! i wish i could help out---i think i may have to get my mother to mail chicken bones from maine!!@! ;the post office said i can't send Candy to the US!!!! i have done it before by calling it a book----THE PICS OF KIWIETTE WERE GORGEOUS-----too bad about the videotaping---i guess everyone around here just ignores the rules cause i have video of all the shows----makes sense though----just a big arse pain-=----how about you videotape her at home performing her songs???? gotta go to bed---------LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FAT AND ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Lush
12-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I think you should lose yourself in a mire of drinking then join AA. Everyone I know in AA met a nice husband.
Welcome back Painty. It's good to see you.
I'm eating sugar and G*d is punishing me. I will begin today to be on the straight and narrow.
My dog is on my nerves. My family is on my nerves. My job is on my nerves. I still like you guys.

Cowpernia
12-07-2005, 09:00 AM
I am missing Shots.

Kiwi is totally right that I wouldn't fit in at AA. I know they're normal as my friend is so normal and beautiful. She's a teacher. But I have no background in drinking. I actually took a sip of wine from the communion cup in an Episcopal church years ago and wasn't sure I could get back to my pew after. A SIP !!! Plus, I believe MANY of the AA-ers smoke. I hate smoking. Nobody hates it more than me.

I need 12 Steps for Goody-Two-Shoes.

Last night, my yoga class took a field trip to another yoga class. We went to a class taught by a woman who teaches in her home in her "yoga room." This room is over a multi-car garage and is as big as my house. Not kidding. My house is small but has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and such. She had cork floors, an assortment of pillows, blankets, mattresses, foam wedgie things for those who need the high-heel effect to squat. Was quite impressive. I love my yoga teacher so. She has none of that but has a gentle spirit and immense knowledge.

I am not kidding now .. Shots needs to come back here and post pictures of her wreath!!! NOW!! I am tired of waiting. Wonderful to see Painty back and for darling Bagz to join in. Since the tourists are not arriving on boats, who is she selling to? I want to get rich and go visit Bagz again. (Rich = have an income)

Schatzi
12-07-2005, 01:07 PM
I is here, my most boadacious bovines! I am feeling a bit under the weather.. I have very bad ears and they are acting up..all clogged and painful..

I have pics of the wreath and my cwafty prwjects,,but must load some software,,since the laptop had crashed I forgot to load the G2 spot program..

The great Shotzarina has no words of wisdom to meet peoples..as I am in the same boat...in this foreign land of Nerth Caroliner...I joined the gym but people tend to sweat to themselves... hmmm our "best friends" are in recovery..one from drugs and one from alcohol...mighty fine people! They have been sober for 16 years... hmmm how about volunteer work cowie... I met lots of people when I was an EMT .. ?

Kiwi: Ihad a sharp pain in my hip when I was walking a great deal..worse when you press down on it..The doc said it was bursitis... I had to lay off it and take Alieve.. it worked ..pain gone. Maybe that's what you have?.. My friend Sue, who is single and in her 50s is very much in the Dog world.. She has Salukis and travels all about to shows and what not..she's met the majority of her friends that way... I am an old friend from where else...Work!

Wabby
12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
12 steps for Goody Two Shoes? I could join that! In my disfunctional family of origin that was always my label. Because I 1. Never got arrested for anything 2. All my children have the same father. 3. I married him. 4. Don't imbibe in illegal substances. Apparently I do all these things to make other ppl feel bad, even tho I never say a word to anyone else about the way they conduct their lives. This is why I'm not participating in my parent's Christmas Eve family gathering. I'm going to stop by early in the day to drop off my parent's gifts, then we're doing the immediate family and friends Christmas Eve party at our house. .... and of course I'll still feel guilty because I am woman, and a pox on me if I hurt anyones feelings. Bah. So I have issues. Whatya wanna make of it? :tantrum:

I'm wearing my slacks that fit perfectly 20 lbs. ago. They're polyester slacks, but good night nurse, they can only give so much. We go on the cruise Jan. 15th. Where will I find the next size up shorts in January? Then there will be all the dreaded picture taking they do onboard ship. Yikes.

Bagz, tell me about the ice molds.

Painty, no need to apologize, dear. We're just happy when you do stop in.

Ooop! Hi Schatzi! I almost missed you! sorry you've been under the weather.

Wabby
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
OK. No body told me what Christmas CD to buy and now I've gone and thrown $15 away on a really bad cd- do not buy Elton John's Christmas Party. It's possibly the worst Christmas music ever except for a couple tracks that don't make my ears bleed. I hold you all responsible. Not really. It was an impulse buy at Starbuck's. That should teach me a lesson.

Schatzi
12-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh pooor Wabby!!! Nothing worse than el crappo Christmas music...some of my favorites I got in the bargain bin... Der Bingle...(there's even a hawaiian Xmas tooo.Man a Hakalookie means merry Christmas blah blah) The Carpenters... Manheim Steamroller, I also like Bob Rivers Twisted Christmas Carols... Like Walkin Round in Womans Unnahwear ... from the I AM SANTA CD...

My ears still hurt..so what is DH subjecting me tooo???? Marilyn Manson 20 greatest hits...obviously not a Xmas CD... My old man taste in music runs to Coldplay, Linkin Park, Korn, Creed, Nickleback..where as mine runs to Captain and Tennille, Frank Sinatra, Enya.. Dean Martin and the 3 tenors...

I just returned from my first Step Aerobic class in 10 years. I was the Fattest Oldest Cow there.. sigh

Cowpernia
12-07-2005, 08:15 PM
I did not see Lush's so-very-sound-advice. I will pop into the kitchen and get the cooking wine. Barf. Just thinking about it is barfo.

The yoga teacher yesterday only played Kenny G Christmas stuff. Then when it was relaxation time, she played what I believe was belly dance music. My teacher said it was chants but .. didn't we used to have a belly dancing member??? I'm pretty sure we did.

Schatzi
12-07-2005, 10:29 PM
hmmm...Goody 2 shoes...not me: my old Irish Grandpa, Capt John once told me

"Colleen (Yes, that's not my name) Ye'd give the deevil himself ulcers"

need I say more;)

Bagzz
12-07-2005, 11:43 PM
i LOVE all of Amy Grant's christmas CD's----also like Kenny G and Roger Whittaker,Anne Murray,The Roches,i LOVE Kenny Loggin's cd---i have quite a collection---i also LOVE Vince Gill,Celine Dion's,and Bruce Cockburns and i LOVE the Chieftains----hmmmmmmmmmm-----i have Frank Sinata,Jack Jones, Tony Bennet,Loreena McKennit {to Drive the Cold Winter Away---a real favourite}-----i wouldn't have thought to buy Elton John Wabby---sorry i didn't answer quick enough----- i really do love Amy Grant though i must say---i think she has three christmas cds!!!xoxoox GOOD NIGHT!!! oh,i took shop pics,will load tomorrow! xoxox i am doing HOME displays in the morning!!

Kiwonk
12-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Actually, Kiwonk, those AA ppl are more normal than you would think. Oh, don't get me wrong, I've got nothing at all against AA folks; I just know that Peachie would feel very much out of place. It would be like my going to a meeting of recovering anorexics; I could not relate.

Oh my, I want to start an Events and Adventures club. I can't believe people will pay that much to have someone else plan their fun!

I can't even figure out where to put a tree in this dump. Last year we went to NC and didn't get a tree; the year before we didn't have a dog. I think the most appropriate place is in the dog pen (in the kitchen) with the gate closed and the dog outside it.

I don't have a favorite Christmas CD. Most of them don't thrill me. Alvin and the Chipmunks might be my favorite. :snowglo: I'm so deep.

The whole uptown area is wireless, Bagz? How cool!

Does everyone love all the new smilies? Someone requested a bunch of Christmas ones and boy, did Suzanne deliver!! :shocksn:

Hey, I should get some ice molds! There's something we have lots of -- freezing temps! Wow, is it ever cold today -- down to 9 degrees F last time I was in the car.

Bagz, you would have loved the show. They are going to do Jesus Christ Superstar for their Show Choir competition (that's where they do just a few of the songs from a production with some choreography, but the emphasis is on the choral quality). Then they are reviving the one-act play this spring for a competition festival (haven't done a dramatic play at the h.s. for years) and doing "Bang Bang You're Dead" which sounds hyper-emotional and difficult. Don't know if DD will be in that but I think she'll try out. She's already in Show Choir, but hasn't been assigned a solo yet.

Hi Lushie, I'm glad we're not on your nerves.

Peachie, you'll be glad to know that Jet is getting a little better, behavior-wise. Well, not perfect or anything, but better. She lost at least 2 baby teeth today. It was pretty funny -- she was standing with her head right in my lap chewing on a rubber toy and as she chomped down I watched a tooth just sort of peel off onto the toy. Most of them she eats, but I have collected 2. The astonishing thing is how fast the new teeth come in -- I expect to see them by tomorrow.

I have had bursitis before, debilitating bursitis, in my hip. This is different I think. I'm pretty sure it's arthritis. My mother has had both knees replaced, and my aunt has had her hips replaced. It's just a matter of time. But you're right, I shouldn't jump to conclusions, maybe I will actually visit a doc and have an x-ray.

Wab, I feel your pain. I used to get a raft of sh** just for being me. Then I stopped giving a sh**. Well, mostly, like you. I have a solution to your shorts problem on the cruise. I will take your place. You can stay home. Please, don't thank me, I live to serve.

Wow, that's some disparity between your and your DH's taste in music, Schotz!! He sounds like my DD...you sound like my sisters.

Peachie, cooking wine is, in fact, barf. You wanta start drinking, you will have to come back up north here and Bagz and I will take you under our wing. Right, Bagzie? I suggest straight scotch to start with, what do you think, Bagz?

:lol:

Do you think I will ever post this missive?

I took belly dancing in college. It wasn't my major.

I love the Roches. They have a Christmas album? I remember hearing one Christmas song from them. Great suggestions, Bagz. What else -- oh, that Springsteen song. Oh and Willie Nelson. Uh-huh, I did say that.

I'm done. I'm so hungry I'm going to either eat the dog treats on the desk in front of me or go get a snack. Oh yeah, the dog ate my homework today. Well, she ate 2 sheets of card stock I was going to print cards on.

Kiwi

Lush
12-08-2005, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=Wabby] Apparently I do all these things to make other ppl feel bad, [QUOTE]

Me too. I am sick, sick, sick of the family thing. We are the normal ones and everyone else is out screwing up their lives and somehow we're to blame when relationships become strained. Ach.

I feel the BEST Christmas album is Johnny Mathis.

I'm still cranky. I did not go off sugar as promised. Tomorrow is another day.

SugP
12-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Gads, you cows are all so energetic, posting away and listening to Christmas music. I think i would use Elton John's Christmas party CD's to line my birdcage. I used to like him, but he's a bit much for me now.

I got about 4 hours sleep on Tuesday night so I went to bed early last night and got about 7 hours and sleep and I'm still JUST AS TIRED. No difference at all. I feel like a zombie.

Must go knit something.

:snowglo:

Bagzz
12-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Ohhhhhh I Like Johnny----i Think I Would Like Sam Cook Too---i Just Heard A Jewel Song---she Sounded So Gorgeous I Went Right To Amazon And Ordered The Cd------------i Agree,kiwonk-----peachers Neeeeeds To Drink----remember When I Made Margies And We Let Her Taste One !!!! I Believe We Had To Drink Them All------i Would Kill To Hear Your Daughter Sing---"i Don't Know How To Love Him"------divine!!

Cowpernia
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
that is a beautiful song. I think all these Cow-daughters should sing it (Kiwi's and Bagz's and .. Lush's??) and LET ME HEAR IT>

Kiwi, if you have the New Yorker, Nov. 28, medicine cabinet on the cover, read "Shouts and Murmurs." Hirlarious College Essay .. !

Wabby
12-08-2005, 01:16 PM
My DD has her mother's singing talent. None. The new DIL has the voice of an angel. I'll send her right over.

So Sugar, why did you only get 4 hrs. sleep? Knitting or insomnia?

Schatz, I am soooo impressed that you're out there steppin' w/ the young uns. Oldest you can't change, (unless you invite me along) but if you keep it up you won't be the fattest. :mrsclaus:

I love it when you're cranky, Lush. It makes me feel more normal.

I still haven't decorated a single Christmas thing. The decorations are in the basement and I've asked DH to go get them, but he hasn't, and you know what could be lurking in the basement!!!I still haven't stepped foot down there since my exterminator hero man was here.

My hip is fine, but I've got a stiff neck today. Old age is the pits, eh Kiwi?

Cowpernia
12-09-2005, 10:20 AM
142. how is this helping?

There are 2 labs next door who love me more than anything. I hope their owners do not find out. They are so excited to see me that they can barely tear themselves away to return home to guard the driveway.

Wabby
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
163. down 2. Bagzie is a genius.

Cowper - Labs don't guard. They love everyone, thieves included.

Youz cows are not keeping up w/ my posting requirements. I need entertainment here, ladies.

My neck is slightly better. I know you were worried.

Saturday night is our company Christmas party. I am wearing a dress from a previous fat year. I'm going to go buy myself some new gaudy earrings and new shoes to go with. You don't have to try on earrings or shoes. Geez. This post is all about mememe.

Must go do paychecks. :candy:

SugP
12-09-2005, 04:05 PM
178. Up 1/2 a lb. Bagzie is still a genius and I'm just plain fat.

Schatzi
12-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Look it's lushie's dog modeling something knitted by Painty, sug or Peachie

Cowpernia
12-09-2005, 06:45 PM
'Twas me. I'm practicing before I knit something really spectacular for the labs who love me so much.

Kiwonk
12-09-2005, 06:59 PM
I haven't weighed myself. But I'm sure I haven't lost any. I took the dog for a walk today and now I am sore and achy.

Pitiful litany of whininess:
Here's what aches: my right shoulder, from longtime mouse usage plus acute leash pulling, my left calf muscle, from pulling a few weeks ago, my left hip because of the joint eroding and grinding bone on bone (okay I don't really know that, but doesn't it sound horrible?), and my back from probably compensating for all the other things that hurt. If I could DH out from underfoot, maybe I could go back to exercising indoors, because these walks are really taking it out of me.

Glad your neck is better, Wabby. Pain sux. DH informed me I had to wait until after the first of the year to go the doctor for my hip. :rolleyes: I really don't know how I'm going to get this place ready for Christmas, and I'm not even trying to be at all ambitious. I just need to have it clean and picked up enough to put up a tree and still be able to walk around. Frankly I'm not getting anything at all done ever ever ever. Yesterday I thought about it and figured out I had done one load of laundry and taken the dog for a walk and that was it. I'm fried. I want to buy a Roomba with my birthday money. My mother and my mil have taken to sending everyone money for birthdays and Christmas. I think I would really enjoy having a robot. I will call her Rosie of course and treat her as one of the family. Well, I will call her Rosie.

I think it's hilarious that the neighbor's dogs love you. You would love love love Jet, except when she jumps on you. She is very very soft. And cute.

I do not get the New Yorker. I will look for the article though.

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-09-2005, 07:08 PM
OH My Kiwi, sounds like yer whole left side is SHOT! Bengay, Alieve and a hot epsom salt bath for you!!!! Now then, I say put DH to work getting ready for Xmas, and you direct from the comfy chair sippin medicinal hot toddies, grimacing and sighing with pain. Milk it fer all it's worth..I bet he'll let ya see a doc before the first of the year heh heh.

Kiwonk
12-10-2005, 01:14 AM
I think you've got something there, Schatzi. Poor pitiful me, eh?

Oh and 186. I get to modify my ticker. :carrot: :hohoho:

Lush
12-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Poor Kiwi, I hope you feel better. In the meantime, I agree. Make your dh do everything. Wabby, you also have pain? ditto to you. Isnt' old age a drag?

My new fav exercise routine is on a mini trampoline. It feels great and it is so nice on the joints. The best part about it is that it exercises all those little tiny muscles in the legs and feet so that there is no soreness...in fact it seems to get rid of all of those little aches and pains. You would think I would do it more since I like it so much.

Kiwi, I want a Roomba, too. Since yours will be Rosie, mine will be Hazel. I have low hopes for it, but if it does anything, it will be an improvement.
Shatz, my dog does wear adorable coats...but she doesn't have that color.

I see ALL of you are getting thinner by the day. I'm so impressed. Please tell me in detail what you are doing. Would June approve? Today, being the first day of the rest of my life, I am going to officially begin my Perfect 2006 campaign. I am finishing my Christmas decorating right now. I will have a perfect house for Christmas. I am going to follow our old tried and true rules....
1. no sugar
2. no eating 4 hours before bed
3. stretch daily
4. exercise at least 4 x per week
5. stick to 22 ww points per day.

I'm serious. I have Christmas depression and it is clearly due to sugar and the fact that Kiwi's remarks brought on my thrice yearly visitor. I happen to have been wearing khaki pants....the white of this time of year. Thanks a lot Kiwi. I would be tres p-o'd if it were not for your pain.

I'm depressed. Post a lot for the next five days to ease my sugar withdrawl. Ok?

Cowpernia
12-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Those are not our tired and true rules. The rules involved drinking water and didn't mention points. I think you are taking liberties with our heritage.

I have not heard of a Roomba before. Thought it was a dance or a dog. Now I want one and I will name it George and treat it like part of the family.

Lush I don't have your email address. Does that concern you?

Kiwonk
12-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Those are not our tired and true rules. Yeah, she's makin' those up. Must be hormones talkin'
Thanks a lot Kiwi. I would be tres p-o'd if it were not for your pain. Any time, my dear. Hazel will make you feel better. I'm actually thinking of snapping one of these up on Sunday when I make my weekly foray to the big city. In process of making Christmas list right now.

DH made me bacon and eggs for blunch today. DD is singing the national anthem at the h.s. basketball game this afternoon.

I should probably get dressed.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-10-2005, 10:57 PM
is a roombaba one of those vacuums that holds a teaspoon of dust---what the **** does it do in a room with six inches of crap??--doesn't it ramble and bump around like a miller at a lightbulb----WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????----LUSHIOUS----DOES THIS MEAN THAT YOU DON'T WANT ANY CHICKEN BONES??? WHO IS ON MY BONE LIST????? I NEED TO GET THESE OUT RIGHT AWAY!!!--------- today was THE busiest day EVER in the shop----i made as much money in ONE day as i usually make in ONE week----AND GET THIS----MY EMPLOYEE CALLED IN SICK!!!! I WORKED FOR EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT WITH TWO BATHROOM BREAKS { I RAN TO THE CAN WITH NO ONE TO BACK ME UP ONE OF THE TIMES} PLUS I HAD THE PLAGUE AND NOW I HAVE ROIDS------------------WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THIS??? BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cowpernia
12-11-2005, 05:30 AM
With all that money, now you can buy some Preparation H. We have Luscious's adddresssssss for cards and bones and such. It's her email one that she keeps secret. What a miller at a lightbulb? Who is shoppoing in your shop??? What's selling best?? DS is planning to call in sick on Monday. Should I discourage him from lying??? He has finals this week and apparently all the other kids asked for time off to study. Not him. So he's scheduled to work Saturday Sunday Monday Tusday Wednesday. Then finals are over and he's not scheduled to work. He has to study. But I hate for him to say he's sick. How does your employee handle this? Call her and ask for advice for me. If the roombaba holds 1 tsp of dust, it would be full by sitting next to one of my cats.

A couple of weeks ago I joined a list for knitters in my area. Since then, the whole entire complete total discussion has been about sick pets. Daily talk about sick pets. No knitting. No people. Pets dying and pets going through treatment. It's hard to jump into a discussion like that.

Schatzi
12-11-2005, 08:29 AM
I fear too much clutter exists in my house and Hazel/Rosie would simply spin in circles. I have this turbo jet engined vacuum I call " The Beast". It weighs the same as a tank and moves with all the grace of a fat cow..oh wait, That would be meeee. I guess pets and appliances resemble their owners..
R U Feeling any better Kiwi?? If not more liquor and pills are in order.

I tried the mini trampoline...my boobs got the work out, dang near took an eye out. I'm glad yer dog is stylish Lush..I think our knitters should make the lime one for her/him..its just sooo festive and fun.

Wabby, you must tell us all about the party!

Peachy: Can yer son just call in to say that something "personal" came up? DS needs time to study... this job aint his future...and if he has time coming to him, he should take it for a worthwhile endeavor.

Bagz: OOOH I wish you MANY A DAY LIKE YESTERDAY!!! If you are all alone I think you should use a butt plug...Just think of the number of sales you missed JUST BECAUSE YOU had to POOP! And FIRE that Employee I say OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!!!! Unless she reaallllly was sick!!! ... Sigh, I wanna go work in yer shop... but I fear I would spend all my money on smelly soaps, cute little chackah things and chicken bones.

Cowie: Can't you at least contribute a hairball story or 2?? I'm sure after the holidays, the knitters will begin to talk about needles,yarn and socks. I think it's wonderful that you joined a group..do you switch houses each week for meetings or do you meet at that church?

Yesterday we went to this delightful Mall.. In Penny's the guy rang us up only to say..WAIT, I can save you guys $15.. cancelled the order..and rerung us..only to have the lady behind us say, I have a coupon for you too.. They saved us $20... Then at the jewlers, the clerk said..You're a penny short from saving $10. I know here buy this 2 year service plan for $3, and we can still save you $7 off the price and plus you get to have free repairs for 2 years.. How GADDAMN NICE of these Carolinians!
It did take For-eeeeever to get out of the Mall..and DH has no patience for that.. we had to find every which way that had the shortest line to get ... We took all the back roads .. my first experience with the "real country"; battered old barns, REAL quaint wells..not those wishing well ornamentals...Sheepies, Cows, Horses, trailer homes with used car lots... It was loverly!

Lush
12-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Peach,darling, you have my email address. I never check my email because it is the vehicle of choice for my family of origin to contact me and I credit my avoidance of them for my new-found sense of peace.
Even though I get depressed every holiday season because I lost out so badly in the family lottery; I bounce back. When I used to talk to them it took months for me to recover from the holidays.
Shatzi, I have no boobs so I'm fine on the trampoline. Thank you for implanting the image of a butt plug into my brain. You must be in shock going to malls where people are nice. BTW...did you tell me how you escaped from NJ without me? Did you mean to do that? Was that nice?
Peachie, your DS should definitely call in sick. He will not be at this dead end job forever so who cares. Priorities. DD has done same and it hasn't gateway'd into a life of crime, as far as I know. You're right, they are not the real rules. I feel the real rules may be too hard.
Kiwi, enjoy your dd's SSB. Let me know how your Roomba works. I figure this thing is like the vac for the pool. When we got that, we questioned whether it would hold enough gunk. But it turns out that if you vac on a timer, the gunk doesn't build up that much. I have high hopes that this will be the same. Let me know.
Wabby, please report on party. Bagzie, congrats on your busy-ness-can't you make some relative work in your store? My family had stores, we worked from the time we could see over the counter. Make those kids earn their keep!
I think I'll go make fudge. bye

Cowpernia
12-11-2005, 04:38 PM
I do appreciate all the ok's for DS to call in sick. I think "something personal" would not work. Only something customers don't want to catch will do. They have been mean because he worked 8 hours Thanksgiving with the understanding he'd get double time. Someone there told him that but apparently was not a manager because he got regular time and they're saying he had to be there 90 days to get the bonus pay. To take away his holiday and not compensate when they can surely afford it is just pi**y. (I tried leaving out the "i' but it looked .. wrong.)

The email I have for Lush involves four letters AT six letters two of which are the same. I think this is out of date.

Shots, the people on that list seem to all have experienced a dog with cancer. I will wait til they change the subject.

I am making the cutest hat ever. Must go knit.

Lush
12-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Lordy, I will go check my email for you. Just for you because you are my overbearing sissy who does not seem to understand how much of a drag email is. I'm sure it is pure envy due to my youth and adorableness.

DS should say he has a bellyache. It should be a productive bellyache.

I'm tired bye

Schatzi
12-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Your Lusheyness...same reason you would like to leave.. NJ is Just Tooooo..
Toooo crowded... Property Tax Toooo high..Highways toooo crazy.Houses tooooo expensive.. People tooo curt and the pace of life toooo rush rush rush... Commuting tooooo stressful ...winters were Tooooo much of a drag. DH visited NC often for work...said it was a lot like joisey was in the 60s/70s--open land, slower pace, milder climate..nice people, lower cost of living, houses cheaper, what NCers think is traffic is like an ole fashion sunday drive in NJ..... ( the rest is for Curious Georgette,Peachpie)I have no family: I divorced them; my sister is certifiable Nuts .. Mom died when I was 15, Ed/ Dad passed last year.. but I divorced him long ago. I am close with Dhs family..I miss them. I have a wackobuddist aunt (Not that there is anything at all wrong with Buddhists or the religion..simply my aunt gives it a bad name.. ) I have another aunt to whom I am devoted..She is a ceramic artist in San Fran area.. and another aunt in PA that I am close too. I had a major falling out with my bestest gal pal of 20 years..she hurt me very badly once to often and I said enuf is enuf... so all of this made moving much easier. I quit my job in Bronx/Yonkers.. Dh was doing 1099 work but mostly not. We lived on our savings..put the house up fer sale ..sold it... in the meantime looked at a Map..figured out some towns we would like and ended up in Holly Springs renting a nice house for the amount of money in Joisey that you would rent a crack house for.
So far I like it very much but do miss my friends in NJ. I will miss the holiday parties and throwing my yearly shindig.. oh and I also miss Pork roll

That's my story and I'm stickin to it

Cowpernia
12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll bet I could win the Miss Pork Roll contest. Bring on the tiara!!!

DS says he got somebody to swap him Saturday for Tuesday so he's ok. I will interogate him when he gets home. I promised to make meat loaf and he's excited.

Shots you sound like only perkier. Way perkier. And I don't have a DH to give me family. But I'm open for it. If only I have $100,000 for botox and all that other stuff women use before they go on Oprah. Quite impressive.

Is Bagz still at work?

Shots .. when you feel enough time has passed, give the bad gal pal a call. That's if you want to. After 20 years you have the right to never let go of her. You can be apart as much as you like but she's still yours on some level. My best gal pal is someone I really love when we're on different coasts but in the same room, I have trouble with her attitude.

Picture me in my Miss Pork Roll sash and big ol tiara as I sit here typing.

Lush
12-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Good morning. I must get moving, but first I will express my envy of Shots. I want to live in another state, too. My taxes are ridiculous but I don't think that dh's job exists in other places.
My best friend of 20 years made a (successful? unsuccessful?) play for my married brother in front of my 9 year old nephew at a weekend gathering/party for one of my kids(my other brother{with dh's brother}was so drunk-high{at a party where such things were not served} that he almost burned down my house). That was before you guys. I used to be social. I've never spoken to her again. I actually like my sil, but she has always suspected me in the incident and I suppose I don't blame her. However, never in a million years would I go along with such a thing let alone anticipate it.
Anyway, I'm a bore and now I'm on my way.
L

Wabby
12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh no, you're not a bore, Lush. Anything but. This thing w/ your friend didn't involve spinach pie, did it? I have friends, but I don't have any really bestest friends anymore. Probably the bestest friend I had ruined it when she decided she was lesbian. You just can't be best friends with someone who wants to date you. My other best friend is more like a long time friend, but she drives me kinda crazy. She's kind of like a relative in that I love her, but she drives me nutz.

I know I'm late for the vote, but I'd tell DS that calling in sick to a minimum wage job is perfectly acceptable when it involves something like finals that may have an effect on his future. (is it effect or affect?) If they were better employers he wouldn't have to lie. I wouldn't tell DS that, but that's the truth of it. Not paying holiday pay on thanksgiving doesn't exactly earn them employee loyalty.

Company Christmas party was very uneventful in a really good way. No one got drunk and obnoxious. The restaurant was great, it's on the riverfront and the Christmas boat parade went by while we were there. Very beautiful. We have a really really good group of ppl now days. We had one employee that quit this year after DH had a "talk" with him about his attitude, so our one point of friction is not with us anymore. It is so nice to have a group of guys that are happy w/ their work and co-workers. They gave DH and I a gift certificate for a weekend at the beach at our favorite place to stay. Have I told you I love the guys that work here? and whats really nice is I love all their wives too. Remember the tattoo wife? Not around anymore.

These are my holiday entertaining plans - I'm doing a brunch next Sunday for DH's family Christmas bash. Then the following friday we're having drinks and appetisers for anyone who wants to stop by (you're all invited). Then Christmas Eve w/ my kids & some of their friends who have no parents close by. Then open gifts and dinner w/ my kids on Christmas. I think I'm earning my vacation in January.

And for Bagzie------- http://biorelief.com/store/stadiumgal.html ------Sweetie, think how much you can sell if you cut out the potty breaks!:rofl:

Bagzz
12-12-2005, 03:28 PM
i refuse to access that website cause i think they might also sell period sponges!!!!=----LET'S ALL GO TO WABBY'S FOR CHRISTMAS EVE,EVE DRINKS AND SNACKS!!! I AM IN!!!----okay---where is kiwonkers today??? this is odd----we had snow last week and now the rain has come and washed it all away---it was quite christmassy there for a while----i have to take ds to Hockey practice but i am hoping dh can come home and do it so i can go back up to work---i left a poor new girl there all alone---i hate doing that to someone------------I MEAN IT---I WANT A LIST OF WHO WANTS BONES,CAUSE I AN NOT WASTING THEM ON COWS WHO JUST THINK THEY WANT THEM!!!!!

Wabby
12-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Me!me!me! Can't wait for bones!

I ordered something from Amazon and I checked my tracking # and it says it was delivered on the 8th. I didn't get it. Now what? I'm waiting for an email back from Amazon. Anyone else ever have this problem?

We have snow in the mountains here. None in our valley, but it has been cold and frosty in the morning. I'm happy w/ that.

Cowpernia
12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
May I join the Bone-of-the-Month Club? Or have I had my quota???????

I had no idea Amazon let you track stuff. I've got everything I ever ordered from them.

No snow here.

I GOT THE BESTEST Christmas card with a real cow in it ! !!! I think it's handmade. and handpainted. It's wearing socks.

Schatzi
12-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I Want some a Dem dare Bones!!!!Please add me to the Bone of the month Club!!!

Wabby..I never had a problem with anything ordered from amazon either..they're a good company sooo hopefully they will make good on yer order...looking and reading about that Biorelief made me loose all clenching ability and now need a pee pee sponge..

I'm glad you like all yer man help... nothing is worse than having to spend all day all week with people who suck.

Lush: Send me Pork Roll

Cowie: I bet those are knitted socks

Will check back..I'm still trying to finish up crafty presents that gotta get out this week...WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

Kiwonk
12-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I can't read any of your messages because I have drinking to do. My life is so moronic that I am drowning it in a bottle of creamy goodness. I have once again accomplished nothing at all today, not even to wash my hair. I had to give the dog a bath because she dug a big hole outside (who knew she could do that when it is frozen and covered with snow? Come on, fess up, one of you knew this), even though she was only out 15 minutes. So instead of cleaning the bathroom with actual cleaner and a sponge, I cleaned it with dog spray and some grimy towels. But the dog smells better.

Unfortunately, washing the dog made my hips hurt like µ£¬¬ and I can barely walk. How much Bailey's do you think goes with 3 ibuprofin?

Oh, never mind, DD and I were trying to get the dog out from under the desk to take away something she was chewing on and somehow we managed to fling the bottle of Bailey's off the desk. So now I will get to clean something else up, and I no longer feel like the finishing the bottle. Maybe I will go finish the potato chips.

So anyway, back to my tale of woe: DH broke the top part of the washer off when I asked him to move it so it didn't dance with the drier. He seems to think I can still use it. gee why not, everything else in this house is broken, why not the washer?

Of course I had to go move the dog pen and scrub the floor in there because the dog had been lying there while waiting for her bath. I don't really think we're going to have Christmas this year. Everything is too much work and I don't have the energy.

Actually I feel much better now that DH turned off the annoying all-holiday radio station.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Kiwi, do you have a tree up? Let's have a contest to see who holds out longest. I say if DS isn't helping me do it, which he isn't, I'm not interested.

Kiwonk
12-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Shots you sound like :shrug: only perkier.Well, that's just teasing. Can we fill in the blank ourselves? Teri Garr? Actually you sound a lot like one of my IRL friends who grew up in NJ, lived here for several years and moved with her DH to Florida about 12 years ago. I still miss her.Oh no, you're not a bore, Lush. Anything but. Isn't that the truth? I am very intrigued by Lush's family stories. And everyone else's. Keeps me from doing housework.

I would like to stop by for Christmas cheer, Wab. Send directions.

I still haven't read anymore messages. My eyes are tired. Whine whine whine. I have to proofread another college app for DD. This is #4.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm going to be forced by convention to get a tree up, but we don't have one yet. And I didn't hear word one about going out and getting one today.

I still have to shampoo the Bailey's out of the rug. That will be festive.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Me want bones. Me not want pee bag for leg. Prefer bones.

Cowpernia
12-13-2005, 01:16 AM
perkier than me.

You are such a proof reader. Kiwiette should either be so happy you're looking at her applications or she should run away scared.

SugP
12-13-2005, 05:13 AM
Ooooh, áre we all moving to Holly Springs now? I guess having nothing to leave behind does make it easier to move. I left everything behind and it came back to bite me in the butt.

Dh's new improved life plan is to retire when he's 50 because that's when his job security runs out and he doesn't know what's going to happen after that. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. If you believe that, I've got some swamp land in Florida I'd be happy to show ya. I KNOW what's going to happen when he turns 50 - he'll stay at his boring old job until he's 67 (retirement age here now) and THEN retire. Zero sense of adventure, that man. I may have to escape some time.

I am not perky today. I am sick, but getting better. No time to be sick, you know how it is.

Still fat too.

Schatzi
12-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Hmmpf, the best I can hope fer is that DH works consistently till at least 50..
The poor guy was apparently a "shoo in" for a job, until the Sales folks shot him down... The headhunter said that " while Ken is far more technically advanced than another candidate.. The other guy "presents a better face to the client".... Hmmm Smells Like Ageism to me.. He was a bit bummed.. We both were but.. he did his best. Now he is getting a bit scared since this is the 2nd time "age" has been a negative factor in his job hunt... He told me today that he hates MCI.. I told him TOUGH! I am not going to go through his mid life crisis crap yet AGAIN.--- Then he starts mentioning things like Lasix surgery fer his eyes... and doing the BOSLEY thing with a hair "transplant"... Yes my poor dear husband is bald/balding on top... In fact a neighbor thought we were Jewish.. because they thought they saw Ken wearing a Yahmaka..(sp) ya know that Jewish skull cap... UM NOOOO, that was his bald spot shining at you! Well that's my husband rant fer the day...Otherwise I absolutely adore him.

Cowpernia
12-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Bald is good. Bald is caused by MALE HORMONES which is manly to have.

What I should be doing instead of wishing you people would post:

1. showering
2. knitting
3. cleaning
4. hanging a hummingbird feeder
5. exercising
6. learning to dance
7. dancing
8. dancing better
9. showing off the great figure I got dancing
10. telling you all that I really don't have that great of a figure.

Wabby
12-13-2005, 01:32 PM
I thought it was only we cows that fought the ageism problem. I didn't realize the bulls have to worry about that too. DH will probably work forever because he actually likes it. He is pretty much totally bald, but he has 2 things going for him. 1. He owns the place. 2. He's still pretty hunky, hair or no. (of course I'm totally biased.) The big question here is how long I have to work until retirement. I suppose until I go completely whacky from the isolation. I'm thinking about getting someone here for a couple days a week because I think I'd like to be caretaker for the DGD, but I haven't said anything because I want to be sure before I open my mouth to offer. DIL needs to work at Starbucks for at least 20 hrs. per week for health insurance reasons and she wants to start school in the fall, so they will need daycare for the lil' one.

Kiwi, I think you need to break open the Jack Daniels. I don't think Bailey's is going to cut it for your purposes.

I don't have a tree up yet either. It's out in the barn, laying on the ground. Poor tree. DH doesn't seem to be real interested, but I have faith that he'll take care of it before our holiday brunch w/ the fam this weekend. The big question is will I have put up any other decorations by then --- I did go trouncing out in the woods to my holly tree last weekend and I cut some purdy holly and some cedar boughs. They're soaking in a bucket on the back porch. I plan on slappin' a few greens around the place before too long.

Schatzi, what does MCI stand for? sometimes I get confused. :dizzy:

Wabby
12-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey Peach! that's what you should do for fun ---- go to some ballroom dancing classes. Good place to meet men and lose weight w/ all that exercise. Any Arthur Murray places around Dogpatch?

update on the Amazon shipment - it had been delivered to some ppl a couple driveways down from us. Luckily these were honest ppl and they re-delivered it to us. It was a $100 item, so I would have been really upset if I never got it. I wonder how many packages don't make it to were they're supposed to? makes me nervous to order stuff online.

Kiwonk
12-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Dh's new improved life plan is to retire when he's 50 because that's when his job security runs out and he doesn't know what's going to happen after that. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...... Zero sense of adventure, that man. I may have to escape some time.EEK, be careful what you wish for!! I used to think it would be great for DH to retire early and we would change our lives. Layoffs hit and the only thing I want is for him to actually want to find a job. Right now he is looking into investing/buying into a local business, which I'm all for. The main thing now is to get him out of the house and into something he's interested in. I won't say which is the top priority, but I'm so sick of putting the toilet seat down, it raises my blood pressure several times a day.
. In fact a neighbor thought we were Jewish.. because they thought they saw Ken wearing a Yahmaka..(sp) ya know that Jewish skull cap... UM NOOOO, that was his bald spot shining at you! :lol: That's a riot!

Cowpe, since you obviously feel like dancing, I think you should get a video camera and film yourself dancing and then post the video online. That way, you would be fully occupied and we would get the entertainment value. I mean educational value. You are totally right about Kiwiette -- generally she runs screaming when I ask to read something she's written. But she has been convinced with the $$ bludgeon on the college app situation. I get to proofread all the material and she gets a check for the application fee. :s: Of course, she knows she's got to have it proofread anyway. Unfortunately her subconscious gets the better of her sometimes: yesterday she submitted her Columbia application (only the most difficult school she's interested in) and "forgot" to correct 2 spelling mistakes I had jotted down for her to fix. There's nothing to do about it now, though, it's gone. We will just have to hope that Columbia doesn't think spelling is a big deal. Haha that's pretty likely. She could have caught them using spell-checker. Arghhh. I am really having to make myself shut up about it around her. Done is done, y'know?

Here, Peachy, do this: :carrot: :dance: :cb: :dancer:

I got the cutest Christmas card!!! It's all cowsie and adorable!!! Wheeee!:thanks:

Kiwonk
12-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Wow, good thing your neighbors were good folks, Wab. I've never had a problem with Amazon shipments, but we don't have neighbors for 2 miles in either direction, so delivery people can't dump packages somewhere else if we're not home. I know that happens a lot in neighborhoods. Also, everyone knows everyone else's business around here; if delivery guys ask anyone they usually have some idea of where we live.

Schatzi
12-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Cowpie, have you watched Ballroom Bootcamp?? It's a reality show and it is hysterical and kinda corny heart tugging at the same time... I agree with Wabby go go go take a dance class..Im sure you will be the next Ginger Rogers (oh lawd, I'm really showin my age eh?)
Sugahsnoofle: Ooooh yes..The great KiWeiner is correcto..careful wjat you wish fer!!!
kiwi..I feel yer pain.. DH went thru the same.. I'll just stay home and "play" whilst I toiled.. He did have an inital excuse.. back surgery..then neck surgery...then he will concentrate on studying fer CCIE..blah blah... Finally after oooooh 25 years of this on and off stuff I got on my broom and said ENUF of this crap. I think it's great that he is interested in a local business.. I would love to have my own little store ala bagazoid...I hope his enthusiam stays and he follows thru.

Wab..so glad you got yer package! I have a big Holly bush/tree in my yard...Tis what "Holly Springs" is known for.. The town emblem is a holly leaf with red berries..so it's always got a festive feel here.. Where do you get cedar boughs from?? and why do you soak them? I have no idea what MCI stands for..when I do a search on it ..it just says MCI...but it's like AT&T.. telephone company.. Ken's boss is named something like HiKoo.. so today he leaves for work stating he is leaving for Hikoos House of Horrors...

I will never have this needlepoint ready for mailing tomorrow.. I FORGOT how to do French Knots.. and it's taken me over an hour to relearn how to make them. UGH.

In sympathy of Kiwi, I am cracking open a bottle of wine. After a glass I'm sure my french knots will look great or at least I won't care.

Wabby
12-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Amen on being careful what you wish for. I always thought it would be wonderful if we had our own business, but ya know what? It's a lot of work and when you get fed up at times you can't just move on to something else. There's the good and the bad w/ either situation, I guess - or the yin and the yang, or the push and the pull, or ..... you get the picture.

One of our vendors left a box of caramels for me...... 1/2 gone and I haven't shared w/ anyone. Then we have these huge things of pistachios for our clients and I've been forced to eat all the left overs.

Kiwi - the ppl who brought my package aren't what I would call neighbors - we don't even know their names. Usually UPS leaves stuff on the bench on my front porch if I'm not home. For some reason they decided to leave it on someone else's front porch. That's why I'm somewhat steamed.:moo:

Schatzi - by soaking the cedar I mean, putting the stems in a big bucket o' water so they don't dry up by the time I'm ready to use them. Don't worry about your needlework being mailed out on time - you got the most important mailing done already ..... Thank-you.... it took me a bit of time to figure out what BU---N----CO spelled! :doh:

Kiwonk
12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Isn't a French knot when you are trying to tie a regular knot and the thread gets all tangled up?

Schatzi
12-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Kiwi, what you are thinking of is a very advanced embroidery stitch called the Rats nest.

Kiwonk
12-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Oh, yes, I'm not up on my terminology.

When I sat down to dinner tonight, I passed by the bathroom and heard some animal scratchy-like activity in there, so I mentioned it to DH, all the while noting that the dog was in her pen, one of the cats was on the back of the couch and the other was probably not in the bathroom. DH got up to investigate, found a mouse playing behind the toilet, set a trap, and not 5 minutes later it snapped. I got up and closed the door to the bathroom. I will say that it was unusually quick service for a problem in our house, but as I'm sure Wabbit will attest, not something I want to "appreciate" during dinner.

Here is a question: why does my index finger shake like it has the DTs when I hold it above the mouse button? This only started today. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I received an invitation to join AARP yesterday?

Sad news: today the very best puppy toy ever got a flat and died. This was a giant play ball that DH found down by the lake a few days after we got the puppy, and has been such a great exercise toy for her. She chases it around the yard, snapping at it. Sometimes she rolls right over it. Or did. I think I'd better buy a new one. It looks so sad lying in the mud room. Like a puddle of plastic. It's not easy to find things like that in the winter. I may have to buy a Disney Princess, Dora the Explorer, Care Bears or Spiderman one. The plain colored ones are cheaper, but they are made from that textured rubber which may be more durable, but will not skate across the snow as well as slick vinyl.

Input appreciated.

Oh, I think I figured out why my finger is shaky. I've been sitting in the wooden armchair instead of the office chair. Big difference.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-14-2005, 12:21 AM
I am so sad about the ball. I hope you get a George Clooney one next.

Here's something for your kitties. (http://www.petgadgets.com/product_details.cfm?product_id=20&content_id=64) I'm assuming they didn't want the mouse.

Schatzi
12-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Wabby: What exactly is a Bough? Is it a fancy festive term for a Branch of a tree? Remebah I'm frim Joisy .. we aint got no live stuff..(and I aint countin Lushie.. she's pretty much a Piney and us Nawthins don't consider them exit 33s really joiseyans anyway)

Cowpernia
12-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Need to rant. I have this friend, call her Ellie, who I've known of for years but only recently became friends with. She's been a wonderful friend. She's single, a teacher, beautiful, talented, smart, all that. She listens, gives good advice, feeds me, etc.

Ellie wanted to meet a guy so she went online. I took a bunch of pictures of her for her to use in her ad. She went out with several guys but really zeroed in on this Berbie. I never met Berbie but I had a bad feeling as he reminded me of Herbie. He drove her around and showed her all the property he owns. This was a first date, I think. He went out of town a lot. He didn't call regularly. But she kept saying she didn't really think Berbie was what she needed and she was still thinking about it but he was a "person of quality." In other words, it sounded like she was smitten but he was distant.

So she had him to her house for dinner and I don't know if this was his first time at her house but I know it was a big deal for her. She had someone come over to help her clean a perfectly clean house. The evening was lovely. Then he never called again. She emailed him after a while and he said he needed to take a break.

Heart broken. She is not the same person. I'm not liking her now. Ellie plans to go to France this summer with her sister and told me she's renting French movies to listen to the language. I still had "A La Mode" and offered to let her see it. I dropped it off at her house where her son (age 20-something, gifted program while in school, does not drive, does not work, is not in school) took it. A week later, I called but she wasn't home. She's the AA one .. off to meetings. I asked son if she'd watched the DVD and he said he thought she had. It has not been returned. I gave her the envelope to mail it back.

She never contacted me to acknowledge the DVD. For all I knew, son had forgotten about it and she never saw it. Last night, we had yoga class so I emailed her to see if she'd like to ride together as it's a new place she hasn't been. Went by her house to get her. Her tone is just a bit snappy these days. Every week the teacher has a printed sheet of paper that's the weeks emails from the swami and asks if anybody would like to read it. I said last night that I always want to see them (curiosity) but never have my glasses on. Teacher said "you can take it home." Ellie asked if that was the only copy, was told yes, pass it around, it's nothing anybody would want to keep. Ellie snatched it up and that's the end of it.

On the way home, I asked if she'd seem the DVD (yes) and if she'd like me to mail the it back. She snapped, "I can drive it out to you if you'd feel better about it."

I replied that I'd just like to get another movie.

She snapped again that she's had other things on her mind.

So Ellie's in a bad place. She'll be better. We all get better. Right now I don't have any idea how to relate to her. Keep emailing and calling or leave her alone. Discuss.

Cowpernia
12-14-2005, 10:29 AM
The ranting helped. I emailed her and reminded her what a wonderful person she is. She responded with appreciation.

On this knitting list I'm on, I posted about this teenager who was watching me knit. I would liked to offer to teach her (don't know her .. never saw her again) and asked for advice. Several people offered advice but one woman sent a long, thorough reply that was so great. She's taught knitting to a lot of people and listed common problems they have, best first projects, etc. I suggested she publish this in one of the knitting periodicals and actually prodded her a little.

Weeks later, I wrote her again asking advice on some yarn problem. She told me that three years ago, a relationship had ended for her and she'd had no self-esteem since. My interest in her email/article really lifted her up for the first time in all those years.

You just never know how you're affecting people.

Wabby
12-14-2005, 01:31 PM
You're so right, Peachpie. Sometimes a simple act of kindness makes all the difference.

Advice re: your friend - do exactly what you did. She's lucky to have you.

I should be working, shouldn't I?

DH put the tree up. Anyway it's in the stand in the living room. It's still bundled up w/ twine. Now the ball's in my court. Tonight is decorating night. Whatever doesn't get done tonight ain't gonna get done. I'm tired of thinking about it. I did some wrapping last night, but I still have a mountain to go.

Sorry to hear of the demise of your perfect dog toy, Kiwonker. The question I have about the mouse is why are your kitties sleeping? Peaches told me kitties are the answer to rodent problems. You should be rodentless.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly!!!!! Schatzi-girl, where ya been? fa-la-la-la-la and all that stuff. You know ---- "hang a star from the highest bough and have yourself a merry little Christmas now." :xcheer:

Kiwonk
12-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, we know what radio station you're listening to, Wabbit :ginger: Boughs indeed. How about "When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall"? You know, for the Christmas impaired among us...

Peachie, glad things are looking up with your friend. Just wondering -- when this guy dumped her, did you tell her what a jerk he was? I know with some people that's just what they'd like to hear, but not always. (I have a really hard time not saying something when somebody hurts one of my friends...as you may have noticed) I'll never forget one time when I was in high school and one of my friends got dumped by her bf and I told her she was lucky because he was a jerk -- and she didn't speak to me for months! I mean it would explain why someone who's usually nice suddenly gives you a brushoff.

I have still not accomplished anything. I woke up with such a backache it was all I could do to get started this morning, and I finally took half a serious pain pill leftover over from when I had a tooth pulled and went back to bed.

Did I tell you that DD is making a dress for the Christmas dance? She's so different from me, not that I might not have thought of making a dress, just that she is so creative and always seems to know just the thing. Last week I took her to the local 2nd hand shop to see if they had anything she'd like, and we found a pretty 2 piece item, a pink brocaded top with spaghetti straps (brrrr!) with a satiny pink skirt. She didn't like the skirt and decided to make something out of lots of tulle and an underskirt. I found an old off-white cotton skirt of mine that tied at the waist so she could make it fit her and we picked up about 10 yards of tulle the other day in la big citee. She has put several layers of this over the skirt and she will look like a fairy I think. Her BF was over when she was pinning it together and apparently they are coordinating colors :dizzy: -- too cute eh? Of course, he keeps asking her who's taking her to the dance, just to give her a hard time about her shall-we-say-unusual clothing ideas.

Well, I ought to try to do something, huh?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I never met him and I never said a word about him.

Kiwiette is quite the prize. I expect her to have her own TV show where she can teach us how to do aANNYTHING. Except knit. Bet she can't knit.

The kitties were so afraid of the giant puppy that they couldn't get to the mouse.

PainterWoman
12-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I have gotten SOOOOOOOOOOOOO behind on reading the forums.
Sorry all. Glad to know that it all worked just fine without me!

It is 48 here, and very cloudy which looks and feels chilly to me... and maybe a few snow flurries for the weekend. That would be nice... good reason to stay inside and knit... or address cards... or take a nap.

DH's birthday is Monday. Want to do something nice... and just made dinner reservations at a great place be both like, but save for "special" occasions... He has everything he "needs" and most everything he wants... so it's a challenge.

De only real dews is dat by sinuses are stubby...

Bagzz
12-14-2005, 11:18 PM
hello tramps and cows----i am just wanting to say hello for a second and then off to bed---the CBC radio is broadcasting from the market at six am on friday and i need to get extra sleep tonight so i can get up early on friday--naturally this will backfire on me and i will wake up at four am and fret----------GUESS WHAT!!!--- we had our bookclub christmas party at a restaurant last night and i had FOUR and a half----------COSMOPOLITANS!!!!---AND!!!--- i didn't have a giant hangover---i had a little one but i should have had a GIANTone----anddd----i had a balll--------------laughing and hooting and tee heeing and hee hawing----------i haven't had such laughs and so much booze in ages--------------it must have been time---AND there was a big snowstorm last night so we had to drive sooo slowly------anyway---hopefully we will get the tree this weekend----- i am so busy at work=-=it will be sad when it all comes to an abrupt end!!!----nite nite----glad you are all here and well---------you are so adorable!!! such nice and pretty cows~!!!

Kiwonk
12-15-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm torry your tinuses are tuppy, Painty.

You could be right about the kitties, Peachie. But kitties are very particular about when and where they chase mousies. My smart cat only does her mousing outdoors. She thinks indoor mice are for wussies. My furry dopey cat is not particular. She kills mice indoors, but she likes to do it on her own time, when no one is watching her and judging. Most of the time when we are around she is sitting on the back of the couch with her head facing the wall. We are pretty sure she is dain bramaged....

My datter is home. She is right on time. Maybe even early. This is what she and her bf do when they hang out together: arrange music. There could be things they do that she doesn't tell me about, but I wouldn't know.

Happy Birthday to Paintymon. I will probably forget by Monday. I think a special dinner out is purrfect.

Bagz -- sounds like your at least half in the BAG. I love cosmopolitans. Tres chic and delicious.

Kiwi

Wabby
12-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Ooooooooo! I wanna party w/ Bagz and her bookworm friends! :xcheer: It sounds like you girls know how to have fun!

Painty musta sent her stubby head to me - pass the kleenex, dearie. Word on buying gifts for men who have everything they need or want (except a ginormous cabin cruiser or some such thing). I haven't come up w/ anything exciting to buy the DH for Christmas. Thank goodness I don't have to come up w/ a birthday gift too.

I need some Sudafed, but you have to get a prescription to buy it in this backward state. All the meth addicts are still cooking drugs up in their kitchen because they don't mind driving to the next state over to buy Sudafed, but the rest of us are all stuffed up. I guess I could make a Dr. appt., take time off work to see the Dr. and get my prescription, but by then my cold would probably be gone. We Oregonians do, however, give a medical marijuania card to anyone w/ a hangnail.:dizzy:

Schatzi
12-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Soooo that's what the big whoop with Sudafed...I guess thats whats going on with Benedryl tooo.. DH lives on Benedryl and the lady at Walgreens told us that we are gonna need Rxs for the stuff soon..Dam Tweakers!!

Waaaa! I wanna drink cosmos and tawk about deep books with Bagz and Wabby tooo..
It's rainy, cold and the roads are icy...Lots of spin outs here...Looks like most people stay home when it's like this... not like up north ... NO STINKIN snow or ice sloooows us down! The furbabies are curled up snuggled to gether..I have the Xmas lights on and the Xmas village all lit up....simmering a blend called Holiday Spice ... DH is snorkling on the couch.. a mid afternoon nap ... before he goes back to work (he's working from home...must be nice that he can nap... )

Painty and Wabby feel bettah....

Cowie: I'm glad you made yer friend smile and feel better...you're right you never know how small kindnesses can affect folks !!!

Kiwi I hope no more meeses fer you!!

PainterWoman
12-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Shatz- I think the drug co.s are coming up with alternatives to Sudafed and the meth-maker stuff, because THEY don't want their products to be Rx any more than we do. In a pinch I can take lots of guafesinininininin (or whatever it is... and my nose runs, but I avoid the bronchitis phase.:shocksn: :shocksn: :shocksn:

I think partying with Bagz would be fun, too... though cosmo's aren't my favorites... Whiskey Sour? YES! Irish coffee? YES Congrats on avoiding the hangover!:elf:

Anybody read any deep books? I am about 1/4 through Exuberance by Kay Redfield Jamison... she's a shrink with bi-polar disorder... she's writing about the benefits of mania.. in moderation. It helpe me focus on good stuff, rather than always looking at flaws/flab/etc.:xcheer: :rudolph:

I know most of you've gone ALL out with Christmas decorating... since I'm not really even interested in basic cleaning/maintenance, any suggestions you have on the least I can do for the most holiday spirit (aside from RUM, etc) would be most welcome.:wreath:

Maybe I'll go put some carols on, and dance with the swiffer a little.:carrot:

Wabby
12-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Aw, Painty, you'd be surprised at how little I'm actually doing this year. Remember how I said yesterday that I was going to complete any decorating I was going to do? Well, when I got home yesterday DD had decided to come to my house to do her candy making marathon so my kitchen was in a hurricane Holly mode and when I tried to put the lights on the tree half of them wouldn't work, and my cd player quit working so I couldn't listen to Christmas music while decorating so..... I decided to give up. I bought new lights today, but I think I'm going to do the tree and the staircase and that's it for this year. Done. and think how much easier it will be to put it all away after the big day. hmmmm, what is the least you can get away with? I vote for a sprig of mistletoe over a doorway. Anyway that would be the most fun.

My nephew called and asked if he could have an outdoor wedding at our place next summer. I said yes. I know. I'm crazy that way.

Stopped by the liquor store. I'm all stocked on Bailey's for my coffee, peppermint schnaps for my hot cocoa, vodka for my orange juice, and rum for everything else. :xcheer:

I haven't read any deep books Painty - I'm working on a shallow one, The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory who wrote The Other Boleyn Girl. It's about Kathryn of Aragon, King Henry's first wife. I love a good historical novel.

Schatzi
12-15-2005, 07:57 PM
oooh Wabby Delicious! That book sounds Right up my Alley!! I love books about King Henry , Queen Elizabeth, king Arthur.. well I love historical novels in general! I await yer critique before I run out to get it ... have you read My Queen My Enemy? that was a good one.. I also read the "autobiography of King Henry VIII" as I sat pool side... This woman asked me what I was reading,,, I told her.. and she asked if it was a school requirement (?) When I told her..No.. it's pleasure reading... She looked at me like I had 2 heads and said .. I would never read a "big" book like that if I didn't have to... Sheesh...Like I care...Go Back to yer Sidney Sheldon lady (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I would rather have a DD come make memories of making Christmas Candy then my halls decked with holly darlin! Just Enjoy the holiday , those you love and what makes you smile..

SugP
12-16-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi darlings

My poor sweet 76 year old dad fell down and got a black eye yesterday! My mum said she was sittin' around waiting for him to take her to the hairdresser because she' s not allowed to drive yet with the bum knee, and he comes in the room with blood all over him and says he slipped on some ice out on the road (stupid neighbours with their pressure washer), knocked himself out and got brought back inside by some other neighbour who found him lying there! Bashed up eye, sprained wrist and I don't know what else. And I'm thousands of miles away. What was I thinking? :(

I'm still coughing and coughing and coughing and the little bottle of imported Robitussin isn't helping. They make you get a prescription for EVERYTHING here and you can't get anything like Sudafed. I took in an old bottle of no-name Sudafed once that I'd brought back from holidays and the pharmacy lady took one look at the ingredients and freaked out, thinking it was speed or something. Duh.

Bagzie's book do looked like FUNNNNNNNNNN!

No deep books here, can't even concentrate enough to read the newspaper. But I made cookies! Oatmeal cranberry shortbread and vanilla horns and spritz cookies!

SugP
12-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Another e mail from my mum this morning:

My fire fighter brother came home yesterday, took one look at my dad and got him straight to the hospital where they found that Dad's hand and arm are broken and that he has some bleeding on the right side of the brain. And his face is totally bashed up - he must have fallen face first. They're going to keep him in for a few days for observation.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :( :( :(

Cowpernia
12-16-2005, 09:52 AM
OHHH Sugar, how terrible. That's so frustrating. I don't know what to say. I have no idea what it's like to live in that weather. Read a post recently by some people up north who got new neighbors from the Congo. The new neighbors were trying to get snow off their car some weird way so the dh loaned them a special broom which they kept. Then the woman/dh hired somebody to clean the snow out of their driveway and right away the Congo people put their car in it. Then the Congo people washed their car in the driveway icing it up. Are your parents neighbors from the Congo? I need you need to go home and baby your dad. That's my vote.

Schatzi
12-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Oh woe for Sugahsnoofles papa... I hope he will be okay..I'm not liken this bleeding brain development... most worrisome! I'm glad he will be kept fer observation--schmacht brother getting him to hospital.

Peachiepie..where Do you come up with these hysterical stories! Reminds me of a Jamaican family that bundled up like it was Anartica when it was a balmy 40 degree day...I believe they left fer a warmer state or country.

SugP
12-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks, dears. I don't think the neighbours are from the Congo, I think they're just dumb as cheese. Maybe my parents can sue them and get rich. Ha ha. As far as I know it's not that cold there, a bit of snow and such, but it's winter and any water on the road will freeze into a sheet of ice.

Yes, it's the brain thing that worries me too, Schatz. I suppose there's some of that any time you bonk your head really hard, but I don't know. At least they have professionals keeping an eye on it and I'm sure he'll be OK. He was pretty cheerful, my mother said, and starving hungry because they wouldn't let him eat anything and he likes to have his meals at 9, 1, and 6 on the dot every day.

Cowpernia
12-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, now we know Sugar-dad is a bit spoiled. 9,1,and 6 on the dot indeed!

Cheerful sounds great!! I'm so glad they're keeping an eye on doing what needs to be done. I would guess he's on some kind of anticoagulant?? I watched doctor shows when George Clooney was on them.

Kiwi, do you have that George Clooney ball yet?

DS and I are cleaning up. My part: standing in confusion. His part: deciding he needs to apply to 2 more college and going online. I have sent him out for cleaning, wrapping supplies.

jamacians are world class sledders. That was a GREAT movie!

Schatzi
12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Cowie doing what she does best... looking confused..but heh heh, them thar wheels are turnin in her head...you just need to DIRECT... and yes, you need Clorox Bleach Clean up spray...
I LUV the smell of bleach in the morning!

I am still working on this bloooooody needlept... I should have it done tonight ...that;s If I concentrate.

Wabby
12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Man-o-man Sugar! Sounds like your dad has a bit of the Grandpa Jim "I'm just fine, don't worry about me, I don't have any broken bones" in him. What's with these old guys? They always downplay any injuries. I guess they're just tough old geezers. You're so lucky your brother lives close by. I'm sure he'll be fine, but it's tough when you're so far away.

Schatzi if you like historical novels then read The Other Boleyn Girl It's about Anne Boleyn's sister who was at court when Henry VIII decided that he needed an heir and had his wife executed because she didn't have a male heir. It's really fascinating. --- hey when I said a Holly Huricane in my kitchen, I meant my DD --- her name is Holly--- and we really did have fun, she's a real Christmas lover, no scrooge in her makeup. update on my Christmas tree--- I got the lights up--- still no decorations-- I was too tired last night-- so tonight I have big plans of finishing it up. ya wanna take bets on it getting done?

It's been cold here --- I had to go out and whack a hole in the horse and cow's water. It was about an inch thick and hard to break! DH usually takes care of that, but he forgot. Do you know that once you break thru the ice you get ice cold water splashed all over you? Brrrrr. My relatives from Arizona are just like those Jamaicans - they always wear sweaters when it's 75 degrees out - we consider that tanktop weather.

Wabby
12-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Peach, didja see George when he was on Oprah? Ooo-la-la. :love:

Schatzi
12-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Wabby...do you live on an actual farm???? I know no farmers. What is it that you do with horses anyway -besides ride them..?? Don't I sound ignorant?

That book will go right on my list fer sure!!!
I like Holly's name

Schatzi
12-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Peachers! I luved that movie!!!!! What was the name... somethin Runners?

Schatzi
12-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Cool Runnings!!!!Thats it, never mind... but George clooney wasn't in it.

Wabby
12-16-2005, 02:43 PM
but George clooney wasn't in it Oh. Well is it worth watching then?

Schatzi, we live in a rickety old farm house on what's left of a farm. It has a cool old barn, we have only one lonely horse (sold off the other 2), which DH used to team rope with. Now he hangs around looking bored (the horse, not DH). We used to have a horse that pulled a buggy that DH restored. He has many talents (the DH, not the horse). We have 2 beef cows so that we can report farm income to the county, which in turn gives us a break on property taxes. This place was originally 40 acres, but pieces have been sold off so that now we are on the last 6 acres surrounded by subdivisions. Kinda sad.

Kiwonk
12-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Your poor dad, Sugar!! I hope the breaks aren't too serious -- old bones can be a bit difficult to mend. What do they do for bleeding on the brain? Keep us posted, eh? It must be driving you crazy being so far away. I sometimes think about what I'm going to do if I hear one of my parents is sick -- it's a 2 day drive from here. Truth is they usually wait until things are not an emergency to tell me what's going on anyway...
Stopped by the liquor store. I'm all stocked on Bailey's for my coffee, peppermint schnaps for my hot cocoa, vodka for my orange juice, and rum for everything else. :xcheer: Yeehaw, I think I'm going to copy your shopping list.

Dumb as cheese, I like that. For a minute while reading about your dad, I was thinking they were in Germany and I wondered if people sued everyone else for stuff like that there, but I'm sure in Canada they do, right? If it were on this side of the border those neighbors would have lawyered up by now and sued your father for slipping on their ice...

Garsh, I'm still looking for the George Clooney ball. Spiderman just isn't my cup of tea.

You're right about old guys, Wab. My stepfather fell off his roof about 10 years ago (when he was only in his 70s) because he was up there sweeping pine cones and needles off the roof, strolling around like it was flat. He was 'fine' too of course. Oy.

We're in for a big snowstorm tonight. Actually it started and stopped once already and now it's starting again. I have to go grocery shopping and pick up DD. They already cancelled the basketball game for tonight. They'd better not cancel the Christmas dance tomorrow or they will have a rebellion on their hands! I can't wait to see DD and bf in their coordinating clothes :rolleyes: -- he must have bought a pink tie or something; I don't know how else you'd coordinate with her pink froufrou creation.

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-16-2005, 03:51 PM
You must post a pic of Kiwiettes Creation.. I have a circa 1980s Madonna/Cyndi Lauper outfit vision..

I think a Pink tie (SHOCKING PINK..not a pastelly pink) would look quite dapper on DDsDBFS2BF

PainterWoman
12-16-2005, 04:15 PM
I am now full of antibiotics. DM.D. thought it was good to prescribe the STRONG stuff post-chemo, etc. Am about to go recline in the recliner and drink gingerale.

Sug... so sorry about your Dad... Lucky there was an EMT in the family... Men! They think they're SO tough. Keep us posted, OK... maybe he can pinch a few nurses in consolation for new meal times.

Peaches... loved the story about the non-snow/ice acclimated Tropicana folks.

Please somebody PM me and explain the George Clooney Ball? or request a relatively obscene Jingle Balls gif that came to me from England within the hour. It might unfreeze the cockles of your whatever.....

Wabby... love the idea of a couple of animals to keep farm status. Ross Perot does that down the road... There's EDS big as brass with LONGHORNS staring out at the highway... Would a couple of goats count? I don't think I'm up to cows.... Or Llamas? Alpacas? Sheep?

What page it the bookclub photo on.... Wanna see the gorgeous ones... nobody I've met so far looks like I expected!!

Loved The Other Boleyn Girl... am slowly getting into Little,Big by John Crowley... raced throug Cornwell's Predator last week. And want to get into Mornings on horseback, the bio of TR.

TTFN.

Kiwonk
12-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Painty, the George Clooney ball was Peachie's suggestion to replace my puppy's exploded 18" play ball that she loved. The only ones I've been able to locate have Disney princesses or Spiderman on them... Why wouldn't someone want to play with a ball with GC's face on it, I ask you? Where are all the entrepreneurs when you need them?

Bagz, send those photos to Painty. Tout de suite.

I have sent DH and DD out to hunt for a Christmas tree on their own. This means that I should have cleaned up the kitchen by the time they get back :eek: ... meanwhile I'm not dressed, I haven't eaten anything all day, the dog is whining for lack of exercise. And I'm on here. I'm hopeless.

DDsDBFS2BF?? I got lost about halfway in.

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Soon 2 Be Fiancee...I tend to rush things...

Cowpernia
12-17-2005, 08:50 PM
I feel that American women are battling obesity because of the insensitivity of manufacturers in not providing sports equipment with George Clooney's likeness on it.

Cowpernia
12-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Sugar, why are German words so long and what is this one: sockenstrickanleitung. Do they just take little words and smash them together. ?

Kiwonk
12-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Sockenstrickanleitung is pretty close to what happened to me when I read what S2BF meant. :faint:

I have some faboooooooo pictures to share. I don't really want to post them though, because I generally don't like to post pics of someone's else's kid, so I will either email you all a link to an online album or send some photos in an email. I have to see first whether the online album thing works. 'specially since my photo software just crashed...

Later. Or sooner.

You'll never guess what I did this afternoon and what I had to sacrifice to do it. I cleaned out under and around/beside etc the kitchen table so that all I have to do is get rid of the mail on top and I can actually use it to wrap etc. Gee, or eat... Anyway, in order to carve out some time to do this, I had to send DH in to town to pick up the senior photos that we had had framed for Christmas presents and to order one more framed. He claimed he didn't remember what we had seen at the shop before and couldn't figure out what I meant when I described it to him, so I told him to call me when he had described it to the lady who showed them to us. So he called and described the frame as sort of gold, kind of antiquey with a carved design. And that it looked really good. He brought it home, with the photo all finished in it. Not the right one. Not gold. Wood. Not what I wanted at all. REallyy expensive considering it was not what I wanted. Nothing to do about it; DD likes it; we have to send it by Monday anyway. Men suck.

On the other hand, he roasted me a chicken for dinner. I guess I won't kick him out in the cold tonight.

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I think it means THESE SOCKS ARE CONSTRICTING MY LEG or lung... I

Kiwi..Hmmmpf, worthy of a look of disapproval ..the roasted chicken has redeeming value.

Time fer cawfee and crossword puzzles....latah my Moowettes.

SugP
12-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Sockenstrickanleitung - sock knitting instructions

Schwarzwälderkirschtorte - Black Forest cake

Bezirksschornsteinfegermeister - head district chimney sweep

Anrufbeantworter - answering machine

Yep, German is a fusional language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusional_language) where they just stick everything together to make one loooooooooong word.

My dad is getting better!! Bleeding on the brain doesn't seem to be a problem any more and he's home now having his meals on time. :D My mum said if my brother hadn't made him go to the hospital, he could have been a goner, though. Eeeep. :(

Cowpernia
12-18-2005, 05:37 PM
So if SugarDS has a spelling test and misspells SOCK while he correctly spells all that other stuff, he gets marked wrong for all those words?? Unfair.

I see Wikipedia needs help completing that article. Let your neighbors know this. I'm sure somewhere there can add to it.

I am cold. I am in Florida.

Also, I'm offering a public apology for not sending Christmas cards. Especially I apologize to Shots who is the only person here I've received one from. Lush never sends them. I usually do. Bagz does but they come in July. Wabbs does. Sugar usually does. Kiwi is walking the dog.

Lush
12-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Never is a really strong word. There are years that I send cards. They just haven't been recent.
Sugar, poor daddy. I'm glad he's doing better. Thank you for sharing that information on fusional languages.
I'm tired and I have to bake. Help me.
Shots, you're getting engaged? Get a big diamond. Make sure you can see it and it refracts light in water. That's how you tell the difference between a real and a fake. At least that's what my mom said and she was all about diamonds.
I see I have a private message. I am so excited. Bye

SugP
12-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I AM going to send cards, really I am. I'm just a little slow on the uptake these days.

I am colder - we had snow.

Schatzi
12-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Peachie: not to worry, I already made out a card from you to me..telling me how thin and fabulous I am. I disguised my handwriting.

Lush: You are old or very poor at speed reading . Heh heh... Here: PRACTICE: Ihave nofianceeIammarriedoncebythe popeand oncebytheKINGELVIStothesameman,Iwastryingtomarryof fKiwiettetoherboytoy. ( I just realized it is very hard to type without spacing)
But you speak words of wisdom on DIAMONDS! Mama Kiwi TAKE HEED of the grand lusherness .

Sug: a snoopy happee dance about Herrfaddersugahsnoofle ( is that long enuf to qualify fer a German word?)

Kiwi: can we see the table yet..take a pic please

Schatzi
12-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Oh Lawd the Man Jesus! I just went to that fusional link Sug supplied.. I am now brain dead.. and certified for the "short bus". I think I shall continue to make up my own words,syntax, and all that other grammar crap.

my brain hurts:doh:

Cowpernia
12-18-2005, 09:35 PM
You were married by the pope? You are Catholic? For real?

You were married by Elvis?

I am so dull.

Dullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllll and fattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt and I want to just sit and eat chocolate.

Kiwonk
12-18-2005, 09:35 PM
EEEK. My baby girl she is only seventeeeeeen! Away away those speakings of diamonds! They will have their first kiss on New Year's Eve, she has assured me. :hug: heh heh.

And yes I will buy some swampland in Florida. Thank you.

Non sequitur: No wonder I never got past the first semester of German.

I finished my Christmas shopping today, and Jet graduated from Puppy Kindergarten! Probably not with flying colors.... But she's cute! Right now she is tempting fate by play-snapping at the long-haired cat. The cat is on the desk next to my mouse and she doesn't seem to be in the mood.

Gotta go wrap packages and check on the shipping for that chastity belt.

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-18-2005, 10:14 PM
WHAT's WRONG WITH HER??? Is she CROSS EYED? BUCKTOOTHED? DOES SHE HAVE TEETH? Geez, I hear tell in da South here, she should be a GramModdah by now!

My name is Charletta von Snout ( name changed to protect the innocent) and I am a Recovering Catholic...
Crimmanee Peachers , Kiwi can sell ya that swampland! Nooooo. It was a "play" on words or whatever.. I was married by a Roman Catholic Priest ("Fadder Al" de Pompus..er da Pius, ya that's it) on ALL SAINTS DAY in 1980 ( We figger'd we needed a holy day ) ... DeeeeVorced my husband 15 years later (or as I like to say: decided not to renew my contract).... Dated him again (:angel: ) and fell back in L-o-o-v-e.. (all sigh) he simply could not live without me being his wedded wife (all say Awww) ...so, OFF TO VEGAS WE WENT! ( chingadah chingadah go the slots) We got our license at the CLARK County CeeeTY hall on April Fools Day ( yes: on purpose)... We got married at the VIVA LAS VEGAS Chapel ( Quite Cheesaly romantic) by Elvis. (THE THIN ELVIS dressed in his loverly bejeweled white jumpsuit, big *** belt, and cape... GOHJIS white patent leather Beatle Boots and a kickass JET BLACK HI RISE POMPADOUR DOOOOO with killer sideburns..I think he wore his Jackie O sunglasses (my beauty that day was Blinding..'natch ).. .. I dressed in Black looked magnificent...(it's slimming! it had an elastic waist! and ****, it was perfect fer our dry humor)..Ken looked ..no..BEAMED at me in his tried and true Pall Bearers suit.
I did the Bridal two step to ...(and sing with me now)Wise Men say... lalala Somethin somethin FOOLS in love la hmm hmmm..but I can't help falling in luv with youuuuuu
We drove about in a limo driven by a guy from ORADELL JOISey..(he looked very much like PAULIE WALNUTS from the Sopranos,) We remarried on 4/3/2 (We thought that that would be easy to remember..but we ferget it every year.) We stayed at the Mirage..Where Seigfield and Roy play ( we saw the tiger that MAULED Roy..but the show was $275 a piece...so we skipped that and opted for Cirque De Soliel (luve them) we saw O at Bellagio, Mystere at Treasure Island, (my fav of all the Cirques we've seen so far) The Blue Man Group at Luxor, and the Amazing Jonathan (one of my el Favorito comics) at the Golden Nugget.. (I've lost track of my (( )))) so I will end it there - or here.
So my dear Peach tree--curious Georgette, you got another leetle nugget of info on the new cow....

Cowpernia
12-19-2005, 12:52 AM
What did I do to deserve that? I am not a realtor.

Lush .. that's what I meant. You've sent out Christmas cards but not since the other Bush was in office.

Shots, easy on the Catholic tirade. This place is loaded with 'em.

I am proud that DS is taking charge of his own life. I am frustrated that he is not doing it properly. I am lecturing him about this. For example, he can probably get big scholarships to go to the U of F. Turns out SOMEBODY else is going to a private school in Florida and now he's interested in that. Fine. Good. But he gets to get on the phone .. don't you think .. tell these people who he is and see what scholarship help they'll give him. It's a great school. They both are. I can see giving up SOME scholarship money if this is where he wants to go .... but he needs to find out and make a decision.

Thank you for letting me say that here. I need the practice.

I've decided my AA friend has had a nervous breakdown. What is a nervous breakdown? Such a vague term. But when I see a completely different personality and it's not a good change, I think that's a breakdown. I saw this is college. This sweet sweet gentle soft little girl all of a sudden started calling people bad names and swearing a lot. She got hospitalized.

I am a choclaholtic. I don't care how it's spelled. I buy fance chocolates to give people then I eat them. Tonight I turned over most of my stash to DS to hide. Not all of it. I have eight chocolate Santa's in my bedroom and some more hidden under a knitting bag in the living room. No 12-step help for me.

Speaking of which, someone whose dh goes to AA told me that they're self-centered there. She said that's how they cope. Me. Me. Me. She sees part of my friend's problems as the AA influence. What do you think?

Now, I must go.

I'm also a sockyarnaholic. Everyone send me sock yarn. NOW!!! I want more more more.

Must go.

Cowpernia
12-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Wabby .. you getting this about Elvis and Shots?

PainterWoman
12-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Cowie-- we can have our own YSA group: Yarn Stashers anonymous.
I got 2 hanks of CherryHill Farm Sock yarn yesterday.. you can see it here. (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/624/467/1600/dec%2005%20stash%20additions%20b.jpg) Oh, and there's some Mohair for a lacy shawl... eventually.
I think most 12 step group people have some (large) amount of growing up to do... in one way of another. Some are selfish and need to notice the impact on others... Some NEED to be more appropriately selfish so they don't get pushed around so much... but I would not advise going to AA or Al-Anon or CoDA etc. etc. and saying "Oh, Grow Up." It might be the right advice... but I promise it wouldn't be the right time or place!!! (Been there. Came pretty close to doing that... as well as having others tell me the same thing.) Those encounters weren't fatal...

Shatz-- the only Catholics I know are lapsed ones. I wonder if that says more about me than Catholics? Mother Jones magazine actually had a full color spread entitled: Where have all the Episcopalians gone? Made me laugh. The fundamentalist ones are indistinguishable from Southern Baptists (IMHO) and the liberal ones seem to be cowering in their ivory towers. Even Narnia seems to have been co-opted!

My cards go out tomorrow... If you don't get one soon... it's because I got mixed up with my emails... send me a note and I'll snail mail or email you one... You are all loved and lovely.... Best wishes... politically correct, or not.
I'm not having a war on Christmas at my house... although I should have had a sneak attack on dirt and dust... and I may need to ATTACK some wrapping paper pretty soon.

I am having a war against doing what OTHER PEOPLE THINK I OUGHT TO DO about Christmas, though. So if what you're gonna give me is advice, we warned!! (I bark once in a while, but no biting...)

TTFN.

Kiwonk
12-19-2005, 03:59 AM
I think technically it would be my DD who would be selling me swampland in Fla., not you Peachers.

Lordie I'm tahred. Why am I up at this hour?

Kiwi

Lush
12-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Shots, this is a surprise?

Peaches, all men are self-centered. AA men are self-centered without being drunk and abusive?? Who knows.

Nervous breakdown. I don 't really know what it means, either. I guess a personality change. Here's what "How Stuff Works" says about it:"The mental illness known as a "nervous breakdown" may also be something like panic attacks, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder or acute stress disorder." That should narrow it down.

I'm off to make Christmas. I want to finish everything but cards today. I am considering sending cards, just to you guys and a few cousins &friends I like. I said considering. I'm waiting for a sign.

Cowpernia
12-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Lush, I just saw a white buzzard flying with the black ones. They circles counter-clockwise and then flew south toward the gulf. There's your sign.

I know all men are self-centered This is a woman we're discussing.

I got my hair cut the other day and it's so stupid looking. If I didn't have DS here to tell me NO, I'd get it all cut off and let it grow back gray/grey. If it's not at least 8 inches long, it sticks up and out and I'd have to deal with that but I'm dealing with that now. I like my hair. I just never like how they cut it.

Schatzi
12-19-2005, 01:13 PM
After going to the gym this morn I hit the Post office to mail out that needlepoint. The line was incredible .. and it was 8am.. I spent an hour in line thinking there's got to be a better way..

I simply can't be trusted around candy, or nuts, or well, most anything it seems...

DH loves those Chocolate covered Cherries by Cella.. I bought him a box as a stocking stuffer. I ate it. I have to buy a replacement now.

I bought semi sweet chocolate chips for baking christmas cookies. I have already eaten half the bag.

I opened the emergency Nestle Toll house chochip cookie dough.. it was an emergency - I proceeded to eat a nice hunk of it.

I was planning to wrap today, but I'm not feeling so good..not sure what it is ..I'm going to lay down..

Kiwonk
12-19-2005, 01:35 PM
You guys are sooooo bad!!! I can't believe you're eating the chocolate gifts before you give them. :lol: I'm coming down south and slap your hands. :chockiss:

Cookie dough is different. Those rolls are just asking for it.

Hope you feel better, Schatzi. I think you have a chocolate hangover.

Lushie, I'm sending cards. If that matters. Of course I haven't sent them yet, but it could happen.

PAINTY MY DEAR YOUR EMAIL IS NOT WORKING!!!???!!! IS THERE A PROBLEM?

Back to the wrapping/pictures/cards :fr:

Kiwi

Wabby
12-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Schatzi, I would have expected nothing less from you. DH is a lapsed Catholic. He lapsed even before I met him which was age 16. Interesting marriage story. The secret to our long marriage is that neither one of us got fed up at the same time.

I didn't get my hair cut the other day b/c my hair gal was sick, so now I have to go tomorrow, but I don't want to b/c I kind of like how its looking recently. Of course my hair can turn on me in an instant. Hey Peach, maybe your friend is just having a Christmas meltdown. It happens.

You probably have noticed that I haven't sent cards yet either. We always talk big in late November. The problem is that I can't just send my bestest cows just a plain ol' card. No. I feel the need to send cow socks, or stained glass ornaments, or crack laced lentils, or exquisite hand made earrings, or cute little cow ornaments or some such festive holiday offering. Maybe you'll all get a heart shaped box of chocolates on Valentines day. Or maybe you'll get a plain 'ol card this week. :snowball:

Did DH's family Christmas gathering yesterday. Brunch at our house. At about the time everyone was supposed to get there, the dark clouds rolled in and the wind started up and we lost power. We sat around in the dark for awhile, and then the power came back on. We ate and then the freezing rain started. Everyone had long drives home so they hurried off so they wouldn't get stuck out in the storm. It was a short and sweet gathering. Actually it was wonderful b/c everyone left, and I spent the rest of the day on the couch reading my book while DH watched old westerns and rubbed my feet.....ahhhhhh..... and the day before he'd cleaned the house while I was gone to Costco shopping. Whatta man.

My puter doesn't like me lately. It won't let me see Painty's yarn. I sent an email to Schatzi telling her what a pretty tree she has and what cute doggie stockings and it wouldn't go thru.

Sugar, I'm so glad to hear the nooginbonkinpapaschtein is going to be ok. Gee. I speak German fluently.

Schatzi, congrats on going to the gym. See how I manage to have that Pollyana attitude? oh, and congrats on leaving half a bag of chocolate chips. Atta girl.

Kiwonk
12-19-2005, 07:57 PM
HoHoHo (Christmas version of LOL) love your Pollyanna attitude, Wab. I happen to have the new Masterpiece Theater version of Pollyanna recorded and waiting for me to watch it. I vaguely remember the old one. Haley Mills perhaps? Or Debbie Reynolds? I'd look it up but that would require that my web connection do something right and that will not be happening today apparently.

I'm making luscious smelling spaghetti sauce with sausage and ground beef. And lots of garlic. Mmmmm :hungry:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-19-2005, 08:16 PM
was Haley Mills and she was sooooooo oooooooo cute.

We needs a new thread. I will go make one.