100 lb. Club - Confession time.

View Full Version : Confession time.

barbygirl43
12-01-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't know how many of you noticed that I haven't been participating much in any of the accountability threads but I just haven't been OP in a couple of weeks. With all the stress from the job/car/being sick/holiday, etc. I just got knocked so far off track. Every time I try to start over I only get more discouraged from not being able to be superwoman and do it all. I finally decided that I'm taking this month off from it all. It is time for me to regroup and plan out me a new attack. I also realized that I stopped taking care of me.
I posted a couple of posts in length the past couple of days at my blog (http://barbygirl43.blogspot.com) if you want to read more about it. Basically I've pushed myself aside from the time the doc told me "It's a girl" almost 3 years ago and I know we have many new moms who are struggling with just this. Each time I would spend money on me for whatever reason I would always feel guilty because I'm sure there's a new toy, outfit, gadget the kids could use right? Then it hit me I was using basic pampering things: haircuts, eyebrow waxing, tanning, etc. as reward for when I reach certain weightloss/exercise goals. What happened when I did reach them. These items went by the wayside.
This month I'm basically making it a month about me. I've already cut my hair (ignore the double chins in the pics :D) and had my eyebrows waxed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/barbygirl43/blog/before.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/barbygirl43/blog/after2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/barbygirl43/blog/after.jpg

I also told myself I had to wear makeup every day in December, even on the weekends.
Then this evening I'm giving myself a pedicure and masking my hands. Next week a nice bubble bath with champagne, candles and soft music and have something planned for each month over the next few months. I'm also going to start taking at least 3 hours a week of ME time. That means no responsibilities including kids, housework, job, whatever. It' time I started living in the now and not just when I get skinny. I really do feel so much better today because I'm dressed in nice clothes and I feel good about myself.

I still plan on being around here even though I'm not OP so to speak this month (because I have to keep up with how everyone else is doing) and I'm basically taking this month to get my thinking in line and will get me a plan worked out for me to get back on track on Jan. 1.

Star
12-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Dawnyal - Girlfriend - it sounds like you already have a plan...and GOOD for you!
I love your new haircut and the makeup.........you look like a new woman already.....
You know, I always feel better when I put on makeup too, even on the weekends and same with a cute outfit......amazing what so little can do for our outlook huh?
HUGS

Jen415
12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Dawnyal, you are a HOTTIE! I think taking the month off is a GREAT idea. Enjoy the month, and start fresh in the New Year.

newfiedarling
12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
I actually checked out your blog for the first time yesterday. Good plan.

~Dee

P.S. I loooove the new hair cut.

Natalie'sMom
12-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I love your plan and you look great! I know just how you feel -- I am so there and I haven't even lost anything yet! You've already accomplished so much -- you should be proud!! :)

:) lauren

jmacway
12-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I love the new hair cut. I am really proud of you for taking the time to take care of yourself. If you evry get to OKC look me up and we will have a girls day out.

luflic
12-01-2005, 09:17 PM
You know something I came up with today is I need to enjoy the journey not just wait until I reach goal. I know when I had small children someone told me enjoy them right where they are don't rush them to grow up it flys by. Well I took that advice and enjoyed the girls at every stage some much more than others :) but I can tell you the time flys. Well I was pondering that this morning and realized I need to enjoy the journey of weight loss yes it is going to take a long time like the rest of my life so I best enjoy this time right! So I think we are in the same place. I rambled but what I meant to say is go girl sounds good. Thanks for sharing your blog address

howie6267
12-01-2005, 09:30 PM
The hair and makeup looks great. It's good to here you are taking care of yourslef.

ChocLabLover
12-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Dawnyal, Love the hair! ;) I read a bit of your blog and I can really relate to a lot of it, especially the bit about how us "fatties" sometimes never take the time to take care of ourselves (I am paraphrasing a bit). I think it is great idea to take some time off, regroup and start fresh in January. It definately sounds like you need a bit of a mental break. This way with a date circled on the calendar you can start fresh and not beat yourself up when you find you are struggling.

Star
12-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Harley Davidson has a saying
"Riding is not about the destination - it's about enjoying the journey"

(Replace Riding with Dieting ofcourse.....)

barbygirl43
12-02-2005, 09:53 AM
That is so true star and my hubby would love it if I quoted motorcycle talk to him. :)

goalnorolls
12-02-2005, 01:22 PM
you look great! Makes me wanna get a haircut! :)

I think your plan is great you are starting inside out and we all know that is so important.

YP1
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I love the hair and makeup, must get my hair done soon.

I keep on telling myself to start wearing makeup, but I still can't quite get round to it properly.

Good on you for putting yourself first for a while.

djs06
12-02-2005, 03:28 PM
You look beautiful, Dawnyal! Amazing how much better you can feel when you do stuff for YOU, isn't it? :) I'm sorry you've been struggling.. I can certainly relate. good luck restarting.

babs2810
12-02-2005, 03:38 PM
YOU LOOK SOOO GOOD!!!! love the hair!

SuchAPrettyFace
12-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't know how many of you noticed that I haven't been participating much in any of the accountability threads but I just haven't been OP in a couple of weeks. Oh sweetie. I ALWAYS notice. ;) But I figure you got enough on your plate & would let us know if you needed hugs/support.

How are you doing on the makeup this week?

barbygirl43
12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks Aimee for noticing. :) I'm actually doing much better and it is really amazing how much so little helps. This morning I was running late and then got busy and my desk and forgot to put it on. My first trip to the bathroom and I was like eek :eek: I look like death warmed over so I went back to my desk and applied it. It only takes me a couple of minutes to get it all together and I must say I look a lot better now.

As for the rest, I had a couple of rough days of self-sabotage and eating anything and everything in sight even though I wasn't hungry. I've sense told myself I can at least eat healthy while I'm at work. Just because I'm not measuring my body/changes doesn't give me free reign over junk.

DishyFishy
12-08-2005, 01:55 AM
You look lovely, Dawnyal! That hairstyle really suits you. :yes:
As for the rest, I had a couple of rough days of self-sabotage and eating anything and everything in sight even though I wasn't hungry.Oh man, I'm familiar with this. :( Every now and then I'll go through a phase where as soon as the evening hits, I get this overwhelming urge to carry on eating despite already being stuffed to the gunwales. Even rubbish that would ordinarily disgust me is fair game. :barf:

You do right treating yourself to some "You Time". It'll give you a chance to relax, regroup, and get that plan of action in place ready for you to get tackle in the new year. :)

wip
12-09-2005, 10:51 PM
You look great! Love the hair. I totally relate. Not sure I remember how to put me first - even for 3 hours a week. Good luck, can't wait to hear what your New Year plan is.