Support Groups - Weighty Issues #34

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #34

angieME
12-01-2005, 08:46 AM
:welcome: Welcome to the December edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west Check us out here! . We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.

angieME
12-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Okay, I must be under so much stress right now because I actually put the wrong number on our thread. :lol: OOPS!! :o So, I wasnt here yesterday because there is definately something wrong with my computer. It moves as slow as molasses and I lost all my itunes files which pissed me off so bad because I got an ipod for Christmas. So after a day of emails they let me redownload them all so now I can keep my fingers crossed they dont get lost again. THEN...... I have to renew my Norton antivirus so...I figured I would upgrade to the new one that checks for spyware too WELL.... I went to their websight and ordered the download and paid for it and then went back to the page to download it and guess what? They couldnt find the file!!!! All friggin day with that. I went to Paypal and filed a complaint for my money back because thjere isnt any way to get ahold of an actual person at Norton. Well, late last night I went to the trials page and figured I would try to download the 2 week trial and that one went through but it wouldnt recognize my receipt for payment so I dont know what to do. I think I may have to send this thing to the computer guy for a while. I just have a few more things I need to order before I can do that. All I can say is I was so ready to blow up yesterday. end rant...

Well, I snuck a peek at my scales this week and holy cow if these numbers stay here for Saturday I will have gone over my goal!!! :carrot: Now I am just hoping they stay. :lol:

Well, I need to get in a workout.

melekalikimaka
12-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Good morning ladies. The Eagles concert was AWESOME!!!!!!! I love those concerts where you know EVERY song. Those old guys still got it :lol: The only annoying thing was that we were at the end of a row and the people on the inside kept getting up to get more beer and food and go outside to grab a smoke, etc. It was so freakin' irritating--COME ON people, are you here to see rock kegends in concert or are you here to eat freakin' popcorn and drink beer? This one lady was really big too (tall and wide) and she was wearing this lingerie type top--you know the ones that are popular these days? And she wasn't wearing a bra that I could tell, and she was just spilling out all over. When she had to cross in front of me to get out of the row I had to shut my eyes :yikes: OK end rant :lol:

Angie, I totally feel your pain with those computer problems, they are such a hassle. I hope you get your Norton thing squared away as well. And hey, I know you will hold those numbers on the scale til Saturday, you're doing so great. Heck, you might even lose another lb or two til then. GO FOR IT!! Thanks for the new thread--that's ok about the # thing, no biggie. But um..it's December 1st now, not November :lol: ;)

So everyone else, come out and post. It's a new day, a new month, almost the END of the year. Let's make this month a great one! :carrot:

angieME
12-01-2005, 01:45 PM
OOPS!!! :o I meant to fix that after I copied it. :lol: :crazy: :dizzy:

I am glad you had fun at the concert. I love the Eagles too.

Back to work!!

melekalikimaka
12-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Just thought I'd throw this link to our Frapper (Friend Mapper) back in (for posterity) :lol: http://www.frappr.com/3fcweightyissues If you're not on it and would like to be added, just click and add your user name and zip code.

I just had my bowl of cereal for breakfast so I'm ready to face the day. :yawn:

angieME
12-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks Noelle, I didnt know how to do that. Hey what do you want for your birthday? :gift: I would get you another Starbucks card but would that mess you up or do they have lowfat,calorie versions of your faves? I dont want to mess you up.

Where is everyone today? Getting ready for Christmas?

melekalikimaka
12-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Angie thanks for thinking of me (and reminding me that my b-day coming up fast!)...I haven't been to Starbucks in a while...I need to go and check if they have my gingerbread syrup yet--and see if they have it in sugar free. You really don't have to send anything, just having you guys here for support and motivation is gift enough--honestly! Corny, but SO TRUE!!! I love you guys. ahhhhhhh :lol:

angieME
12-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Nope, You are gonna get something. :lol: I cant let your birthday go by without getting you something to show you how much I appreciate you.

Where the heck is everyone today?

Dips, Have you heard anymore on your cute little puppy?

Kempy, How are you doing? We havent heard much from you.

Cal, When is your next break?

Julie, How is the weather out your way? It was really nice here today but it is suposed to pour tonight and then be very cold on Saturday. Figures huh? :lol:

Cherie, Have you got caught up at work yet?

Red, I hope your spirits have lifted some.

jbbm
12-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi Girls

Finally getting here to post. Both of the kids had dentist appointments today so I was busy with that and we got about 3 three inches of snow so I have been shoveling the driveway:strong:, so that will be my excercise for the day. Just cleaned up dinner and here I am! Made chicken parmigiana.

Angie computers are a pain but that is how we communicate so we gotta have them;). I just hate it when mine acts up. I can't wait to hear about your weigh on Saturday. You should be so proud of yourself. I think you have our nice weather that we had a couple of days ago, send it back this way, haha....we got 3 inches today and it is COLD.

Noelle glad you had a good time last night. I know what you mean when you are at something and someone is constantly getting up. I can see going to the bathroom but to have a smoke during a concert? I agree lets make this a great month!

Cal honey are you feeling better? You know this time of year is stressful and sometimes just plain hard. We are all here for ya.

I better get going I think I am going to make something for the bake sale at school tomorrow. Check back soon. Hi to everyone I didn't mention.:hug:

melekalikimaka
12-01-2005, 10:04 PM
na na na na na na na... :dancer: I just got back from my walk. I did 50 minutes at a brisk pace. I had to hurry because my mom and dad are going out this evening and no one else is home yet to watch my boy. He grumbles the whole time if I take him along :rolleyes:. Lunch was a Lean Cuisine sesame chicken meal w/a bowl of steamed broccoli. I should have about 13 points left for dinner and that's quite a lot. I'm gonna go Christmas shopping after this.

Julie, snow! When I got in my car to go home from work the car temperature said 93! I think the actual temp was around 82 but that's what the car said. I wish I could send you some heat to melt that snow a little, but shoveling is a great way to burn calories :yes: So what you cookin' up for the bake sale? I bet your stuff sells fast, everything you make sounds yummy.

Angie, stay warm. I'm only dreaming :dizzy: of a white Christmas :p

You know ever since they updated the forum, the hyperlink function doesn't allow you to "name" your link--do you know what I mean? Now if you click on the insert link button it only allows you to put the web address... hmmmm.

Anyway, I gotta get moving. I REALLY HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU OTHER GALS. We miss ya! Hope you're all doing well. :grouphug:

Have a good evening, chat more tomorrow.

calnative
12-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm still in a funk, but things are getting better. I'm giving my kiddos a Literature test tomorrow and they're stressed; that makes me feel better. :D

Angie: You are so awesome. I knew you could do it. I don't feel like I've made any progress at all. I'm trying so hard to be able to fasten the airplane seatbelt next summer and feel comfortable. You are truly an inspiration to me. By the way, our next break is not until Dec 23 and we go back to school on Jan 9.

Noelle: You are warmer than we are. I believe the high today was about 74. It will cool off a bit more, but not until after January. When is your birthday? Is it near mine? (I'm a New Years' Eve baby).

Julie: Thanks for your support. I've been freezing here in the mornings and it's only down to the mid 40's at night. We have finally turned on our heater and put the fans away for awhile. Been using flannel sheets as well. Of course, those sheets make it a little harder to get out of bed in the mornings.

Hello to Dips, Red, Kempy, and Cherie. Hope your days are beautiful right now.

Cal

melekalikimaka
12-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Good morning ladies! I'm getting ready to wash my car it's so filthy with all this on-again, off-again rain we've been having. THe sun is shining bright so I think I'll take a chance. :sunny: Did you guys hear about those two actresses from Lost that got arrested here for DUI? Michelle Rodrigues (Ana Lucia) and the gal that plays Libby (Cynthia Watros, I think) were arrested separately in a windward town around 2 a.m. yesterday(?) They had to post $500 bond to get out. Ya know, I was thinkin' *gasp*, that maybe this place definitely isn't like Hollywood where the cops may just let you off easy when you're a celebrity...:lol: Still, you've got to be stupid to drive when you've been drinking. They've got roadblocks up a lot of the time. But anywho, just thought I'd toss that out there.

Cal, :hug: it's Friday and you got to give them kids a test :lol: What more could you want? :lol: I hope you have a good weekend, try to do something 'just for you', that should lift your spirits some. You can totally get to your goal for your trip, just take it one day at a time. We're here to cheer ya on! :carrot: Oh yeah, my b-day's on the 14th, I'm a Saggitarius ;) I didn't know your b-day was on New Year's eve. That sounds like fun!

Michael's upper front tooth came out last night. Now he looks somewhat like a Jack-o-lantern (or a hillbilly :lol: ). The tooth fairy gave him a gold Sacajawea dollar. He was stoked about that. I can't believe he'll be 7 next month :( Where does time go?

Come out and chat everyone!

jbbm
12-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Girls Just a quick one from me, I have to go to ds's school this afternoon for a holiday shop and he gets out early today. I may go out to eat tonight, don't know yet. I just made dd a tv dinner for lunch and gosh do they smell good! I know it is processed but every once in a while doesn't hurt. Anyway got to make time to excercise today. Not outside the wind chill is 0. I want to go and cut our tree tomorrow. We may meet my mom and brother and stepdad there. I hope they have hot cider!

Noelle I did hear about that. I hope the police in Hollywood wouldn't let a celebrity off for drinking and driving! Great job on the long walk! Your baby lost another tooth. Awww....my ds is still missing the top two and bottom two. One of the bottom one is coming through though. I feel bad for the kid trying to eat, LOL. The dentist said yesterday he may lose the teeth around the bottom two before the front top come in, long time to go without front teeth, haha...Btw I went on the WW site today and 3 months online is around $40. I will try and talk dh into giving me some money to sign up:)

Cal I hope you get to relax and like Noelle said do something special just for you!

Cherie, how is Hannah's thumb sucking guard working? The dentist said yesterday my dd may need one. Have a great fun weekend!

Angie are you not here because of computer problems? I hope the thing got straightened out for you! Stay warm!

Hi Dips, Red, and Kempy. Have a great weekend. Bye for now.

angieME
12-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Hey girls!! Today is my weigh day and I lost 6 pounds this week. That gives me a weightloss total so far of 16.5 pounds!! WOOHOO!!! Why didnt I get on track sooner? :carrot:

Yesterday I ran nonstop. We went to Walmart to go grocery shopping and we were going to stop at the phone booth because Brittany wanted a special cell phone for Christmas but it was so packed we came to one closer to our house and of course the only 2 not in stock were here 1st and 2nd choices. :lol: So after supper we went back to Walmart and picked up the phone. Needless to say she had fun running through the store getting sneak pics of us looking stupid. The little brat! :D

I ordered Light and Tasty and I got my magazine yesterday and they have a recipe for bnaked wantons filled with mexican cheese and spices,etc. I am going to make some of those for the Christmas party on the 17th. I hope they taste as good as they look....although how can anything cheese be bad! :lol:

Julie, Is your brother still visiting? Where did ya go out to eat? I made a chef boyardee pizza with mushroom and onion. YUM!

Well, I gotta go clean this house! Have a good weekend girls!!

melekalikimaka
12-03-2005, 12:33 PM
:cp: :cb: :hyper: :cheers: :hat:
Angie,
U da Bomb!!!
:high: :hug: :dancer: :dance: :yes:
I'm so proud of you for passing your goal!

redballoon
12-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Hello, all! :wave: Sunday here and the day started out disappointingly. I was getting sick yesterday, sore throat, and stuffed-head feeling, but had hoped to get out and see my horse today. Woke up this morning and my throat was worse. I would have gone but with the Hong Kong departure coming up fast I thought I'd better not. I have this story to write hanging over me. I thought the deadline wouldn't be till after I got back from HK but it's before. Oh well. I'm determined not to let the day fly by and be unproductive. If I can't see my horse (makes me so sad :cry: ) then I should at least make the most of the day.

I want to report a scale victory!! :) I was so happy. The scale finally budged and I am the lowest I've been in over a year! It has really lifted my spirits and I was so gung-ho and wanting to really get riding and get to the gym and run and knock off even more fat...but...this cold has knocked me down instead. Still, I can still do something...

By the way, here is a link to a bodybuilding site that has a good article on getting through the holidays. It's quite hardcore and really nothing none of us don't know but I thought the reminder could be good. Give it a look.

http://www.burnthefat.com/?doc=faqs&qaid=202

angie -- :cp: :encore: :cp: :woo: That is great about your weight loss! How do you ever do it!?!? I am stunned. Six pounds in a week?!?! :shrug: That is unreal! What ever was the tipping point that got you back on track? Please package it up and send it my way! Toute suite! And thank you for the warm thoughts! :hug:

jbbm -- How are things with you? Did you make time for exercise? Ooh, hot cider! Yum. I hope you get the money for WW. It really is a sensible plan. The structure and support of the group is great.

mele -- Hi there! Thanks for helping to hold up the fort so well here when we less-prolific types are AWOL. I should be back in Tokyo on your birthday, actually up in Niigata and then back that day. I get back on the 12th and am then supposed to go up to some resort the next story on a PR story. Really didn't want such a hectic schedule, but it's the only time apparently they could see me. Don't know what I'll write about. There is likely to be no snow yet and, besides, I'm not going to be there for the fun of it, just getting the dope and writing up a little PR piece. I hope I am here to wish you a happy one. Please remind us. You're a fire sign. So am I... a Leo. I like Sag women. They are independent types, no? Sorry, don't know any of those celebrities that were arrested. Don't even know what Lost is?! :lol: Oh well, pop culture is the first to go when you're overseas. Another btw, I tried that Frapper but it wouldn't let me sign up. Though it seems to have something for people out of the States, when I hit it, it said Tokyo was an unknown city! :lol3: Oh well, guess we're just too tiny to be on the map! Glad you had such a good time at the concert! I was laughing reading your tale of the hefty beer drinker and you shutting your eyes. :lol: It never ceases to amaze me how some people can just be so OUT THERE! What are they thinking wearing some of the things they do looking the way they do? I suppose it's simply a different mindset. There used to be a BIG girl in the office and she would show so much flesh it was unreal. At first I was kind of appalled and then I got used to it and it was like, so what? Guess it's what you get used to, eh?

cal -- What's with the funk? I hope things look up for you soon. Bet you're looking forward to that school break, eh?

Hello to everyone else out there. Where is Kempyd these days? Dips, how are you doing? Anyone else I missed, hello! :wave:

:sunny:

melekalikimaka
12-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Red, I added you to the Frapper map. When you tried to add your name, there was a little button underneath that said "not in the US?", you click on that and it changes to other countries. Still, if you look at the map, you won't see your marker unless you click and drag it to your part of the world--OR if you go to the right you can click on your name and it should bring the map into focus. Try clicking on the 'hybrid' map (on the top left). You can see a satellite view if it's available. Kinda cool really. You can even zoom into a view of your town. Don't worry, it doesn't show your actual location, or if it does, that was just a lucky shot. Sorry you're feeling under the weather, but CONGRATS on your scale victory!!! :cp: Hope you get better soon so you can ride your horse. Were you the one into dressage? I could be wrong.

How are the rest of you girls doing this weekend? Have a good one. :wave:

melekalikimaka
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Red, thanks for the link to that website-EXCELLENT article. Very smart tips that will come in handy to get through the last 2 holidays of the year. Having a plan is key!

redballoon
12-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Noelle, you sly chick, you! I clicked on that button but it wouldn't work for me. Thanks for adding me.

Glad you liked the article. "Fail to plan and you plan to fail." Good thing to keep in mind, eh?

Dips'n'twists
12-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Hello all

I can't chat long but I gotta give Angie props for passing her goal!! ANGIE, YOU GO ON WITH YA BAD SELF!!!!

I will post to everyone when I get back from work...already running late but I just feel anxiety about leaving MY NEW DOG NIKO!!!! WOOO HOOO:carrot: He is the cutest little thing. I'll post some pics later. F&*@ When did the snow happen! :eek: I HATE THIS SNOW!! Okay I GOTTA GO TO WORK!!

angieME
12-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Good Morning everyone!! I didnt have anything planned for this weekend because remember I told you that my inlaws were building a free house for my neice who dropped out of college to smoke dope and drink and then got proggo? Well, the little princess wants the house done yesterday and the carpenter is from Mass. and he had to leave so Jay is varnishing all the woodwork for some extra cash. Did I mention that it is a loft with all tongue in groove pine? :lol: Needless to say he has been getting there every morning after he delivers the donuts and working until it is time to cook and this weekend he has been there ALL day. I miss him when he is gone. :lol: Me and the kids decorated a gingerbread house yesterday and I put it in the middle of my table. They did good. I sampled the recipe for the wontons and I like them. They could use some kind of meat(maybe taco) or something but they are still good and I will make them for the party.

Dips, OH you got your Yorkie!!!!!! I am so excited for you. I cant wait to see pics of little Niko. How is he doing? Is he a cuddler? You must be so happy.

Noelle and Red thank you for the support. I feel better now because the weekend before Christmas will be the party and I am nervous about that because when my Mother and Claudia bring food to a party they bring alot oh yeah and they like the booze too. ;) :D Plus I bought drinking games for my sister and Claudia so I think I may be in some calorie trouble but....I promise I will be back on the wagon the next day. I am doing this as a lifestyle right?

Red, I love the line....if you fail to plan then you plan to fail. It is SO true. I have watched myself do it and I knew I was doing it too.

angieME
12-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Julie, Did you see the Black Lab girl at the Bay Area Humane Society. She looks really pretty.

melekalikimaka
12-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey girls. We just got done putting up the outside Christmas lights. We got a tree last night and put it up this morning. Rick wanted to a red theme... red glass ball ornaments, red beaded garland, candy canes, etc. The only other thing on the tree are those picture ornaments I made last year of the family and a multi-colored light string. Those ornaments brought back some memories. I think I'll have to make new ones for next Christmas. My oldest sis may have a new Chinese adopted daughter early next year...so that's another addition to the family. I almost forgot, I need to make one for Lucky too. :lol:

I got my 3 mile walk in early this morning so I'm good. It is now raining so I think I'll go and take a nice afternoon nap. Chat later!

Oh yeah, Angie, did you say those taco wontons were baked? Do you have a recipe?

jbbm
12-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi girls,

Popping in on Sunday night:). The weekend went by so fast. Yesterday we went and cut a tree down. It is really a pretty one. We got balsam. It is 11 feet. Our ceilings are 12 and it is just about to the top with the star. It is huge. Today we went to the mall and did some shopping and took the kids to see Santa and sit on his lap. I was craving a Thanksgiving meal so I made that today, over all pretty healthy....had white meat and lots of cooked veggis along with it. No pie. But I made gingerbread cookies tonight and I just had a tiny one. They smell up the house so good when baking!

Angie, way to go on getting past your goal! I have to go check that dog out. Today we were at my mil's and she was watching my sil's lab and that dogs tail did not stop wagging she was so happy to see us. I saw a puggle, they are a beagle and pug mix. They are just adorable. I got the new light and tasty magazine too on Friday. I love the recipes.

Noelle your tree sounds very pretty. Our tree is a mix of different things. Not themed at all. LOL. How nice about your sis adopting. Great job on the walk. I hope the rain clears up!

Red congrats on that scale moving!

Dips can't wait to see pics of the puppy! Have fun with your new baby.

Hi everybody else, time to get the kids ready for bed. Have a great Monday tomorrow.

jbbm
12-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Red, I agree with Noelle great article. Thanks.

melekalikimaka
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Good morning girls. I am going to try and buckle down at work today and get my paperwork in order. I may not be able to pop in later. I have a few appointments scheduled this week and next, and I don't want to fall too behind by being out of the office too much. It just feels like the holiday season and I get lazy around this time of year. I'd rather be shopping! I wrapped some gifts last night and put them under the tree. Rick hauled Michael's 5' tall nutcracker/wooden soldier upstairs and put him out to stand sentry over the presents :lol:

Julie, your tree must be beautiful! 11 footer? Wow! I love high ceilings. You gotta post pics when you can. Ours is only a 6-7' and we cut the top down so we could put the topper on. Thinking about your tree made me remember that Christmas Vacation movie (Chevy Chase?) where they had the HUGE tree in the house, I think they had to cut the ceiling or something--then there was a squirrel in it :lol: and the cat chase the squirrel, the dog chased the cat, etc....it was hilarious. Mmmm, I want to make gingerbread cookies soon too. I found a recipe for FF ones.

Dips, congrats on your baby Niko! :love: So how did he do when you left him?

Angie, I wanted to say I know how you feel about having Jay out working all weekend--doing something for family that is somewhat less than deserving... still, our husbands are just too nice guys ya know? They can't help themselves. I dunno about Jay, but Rick has this thing where he wants to be Superman for everyone--save them from themselves...hmmm, maybe that's why he's stuck by me for so long? :lol: :lol: Anyway, maybe you can make up for lost time next weekend. Send the kids away to grandma's or something :devil:

Cherie, Kempy, Red, Holly, Cal...all you gals have a wonderful day too. Gotta run.

angieME
12-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey girls. I have been busy today but I FINALLY made it here. I had to go pick up Alicia's Cirque Du Freak books from Mr. Paperback so she will be a very happy camper on Christmas Morning.

Noelle, Here is the recipe for the wontons.:
Chili-Cheese Wonton Cups

24 wonton wrappers
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
1 can(4 oz.) chopped green chilies well drained
1 Tbs. minced chives
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
sliced ripe olives

Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cup pans and bake at 350 degrees until crisp. Combine cheeses,chilies,chives,salt and cumin and spoon into wontons. Top with olives and bake for 10 minutes or until melted and bubbly.

I also like the looks of this one:

Broccoli Cheddar Spread

4 cups broccoli
2 cups reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese(divided)
1 envelope vegetable soup mix
Reduced fat crackers or pita chips.

Heat broccoli in microwave and then drain. In a large bowl combine 1/2 cup of the cheese, sour cream, and soup mix. Gently stir in the broccoli. Transfer to an ungreased 1 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve on crackers or pita chips.

angieME
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Noelle, Could you post your recipe for fat free gingerbread cookies?

PhotogirlTX
12-05-2005, 04:46 PM
hey everyone! I've been a little under the weather, but I'll be back to work tomorrow!!

Angie... WTG WTG WTG.. that is amazing! You rock!

Dips! Congrats on your little baby! I can't wait to see pictures!

Julie.. your tree sounds beautiful!

Hi red and Cal and Kempy and Noelle!

Well.. Santa came here a little early this year too. To make a long story short, Santa left the girls a note on Saturday to follow the directions to meet a helper at 11 AM that morning for a extremely important surprise... Needless to say... when the girls realized what the surprise was.. they were over joyed!

I've tried to post a picture below. She is a soft coated wheaten terrier. And they just KNOW it came from santa, cause they know MOM would never get another dog! I can't get the picture small enough for the forum, and where you can see the dog too... geeze. I'll have to upload a couple of pictures to shutterfly and let you see her.

www.share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2TNu3cNGKZ

I couldn't get the picture to load, so here is a link of the dog and the girls!

OK.. I need to get busy here.. gotta take her to the vet!

Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

angieME
12-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh Cherie, That is so cool. I love it that you made it into a game for them to build the excitement. You are a great Mom!!! I cant see the pic though. What is her name? You guys are gonna love her so much. I am so happy for you all.

jbbm
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi Girls

Just got done with dinner and dh is cleaning up! Love that. Dd had dance today.

Noelle, I have not wrapped one present yet. I wrap presents so messy. I hope you didn't work to hard and the paperwork done.

Cherie, congrats on the dog. What wonderful christmas present for the girls. They must be so happy. I could not view the picture either. Hope you are feeling better.

Sorry such a short message from me but things are adding up to do around here tonight. I have to be at school early tomorrw for a meeting. My stomach has just not been right lately. Blah, hope it gets better soon. As you all know we just don't have time to be feeling sick. Needless to say I have not excercised. But I am motivated to do it!
Hi to everyone I missed. Talk to you all soon ladies. Bye for now.
:)

PhotogirlTX
12-05-2005, 07:52 PM
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2TNu3cNGKZ
I added the www when I guess I shouldn't have.

Our new baby is Cassie.

melekalikimaka
12-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, upcoming 2006 is the year of the dog--and rightly so it seems, for this thread. Cherie congrats on the new addition to your family. She's just beautiful. Do you know how big she is expected to get? She looks like a plush toy! Your girls must be thrilled. Your tree is really pretty too.

I sincerely meant to go to the office and tackle my paperwork..... but I wanted to walk the dog in the morning first. So I did that. When I got home Rick needed me to do some errands and deliver some things to the jobsite so I did that. By the time I got back to my side of the island it was time to pick up Michael from school....and here I am at home. So I never made it to the office today :^: Haha, there's always tomorrow!

Julie, hope your stomach settles and you are back to feeling 100%. Who has time for downtime? :hug: Is your dd enjoying dance class?

Angie, thanks for the recipes. I am going to try the wonton one. :T The recipe for FF gingerbread cookies I got from the fatfree.com website: ( I haven't tried to make them myself yet, but I will. I've got tons of cookie cutters just waiting to be used. )

Fat-Free Gingerbread Cookies

1 c. canned pure pumpkin
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. blackstrap molasses
3/4 c. rice milk
1 T. cider vinegar
1/2 t. salt
1 egg substitute (I forgot to use it though and they
were still good)
Stir these ingredients together (much easier than the
equivalent 'butter/ creaming step in the original
recipe) until there are no lumps of brown sugar
remaining.

add to 3 c. flour in a separate bowl and mix well
4 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. ginger
1/2 t. cloves
1/2 t. allspice
1/2 t. nutmeg
add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until
mixed, then add 2 more cups of flour and keep
stirring, just until flour is absorbed. Flour lumps
are not desirable, but you don't want to over-stir
either.

Chill in refrigerator for a few hours. Roll out 1/4
inch thick and cut cookies as desired. Bake at 350
until firm (touch a cookie with your finger, if you
can make a print, it's not done) but do not brown or
overcook.

These are great warm, but the cool ones that I'm
munching right now are good too. And of course 2 of
them make a great outside to a non-fat-non-dairy
frozen dessert cookie sandwich.

melekalikimaka
12-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Angie, I found this recipe for "Ginger Crisps" on 3FC itself:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/viewrecipe/567

It is rated 4-1/2 out of 5 eggs :lol: I think they sound good.

Dips'n'twists
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow, have I been busy...

I tried to attach some pics of Niko but I'm having issues. I'm working on it though. He's so adorable and he's so good. He doesn't chew my furniture or shoes, only his chew toys. He's friendly to everyone, he loves attention he has tons of energy, he's affectionate, he goes to bed when I do and he doesn't bark. I am so so lucky.

Ofcourse I am not wihout a few doggie issues. My baby isn't perfect :rolleyes: The problem I'm having with him is that I'm trying to get him litter trained but he only wants to go on paper. It's gonna be a challenge but It's only been a couple of days so I'll give it time. I'm just glad he's at least paper trained and he doesn't even think to go on my carpet. I gotta get him to a vet soon. Anyways enough about that...

Cherie- What a tree! And what a pup! She's almost as cute as mine ;) The girls looked absolutely thrilled in the photos. I agree with Angie, you are a great mom.

Angie- Those recipes look great!!

Noelle- Your recipe looks great too. I don't eally see myself doing all that work though. I'm lazy in the kitchen most of the time. BTW, I have total faith that you will make it to the office tomorrow. :)

J- I hope you feel better soon. It's the holidays we're all supposed to be giddy.:dizzy:

Well I am happy to announce that this week is the FINAL WEEK OF THE FIRST SEMESTER WOOOPEEEE!!!! I can't wait! I so need a break.

Anyways, I'm going to try to figure out how to post pic of Niko.

Dips'n'twists
12-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Hope you guys can see him good!! I know these pics are tiny but so is he :)

melekalikimaka
12-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Oh my gosh, what a sweetie pie!!! I love all these cute little dogs. Dips, you are so lucky and he's lucky to have you. :love:

redballoon
12-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Dips! Cherie! Your dogs are adorable! And Cherie, your girls look sooo happy. :goodvibes How good to see! :yes: Dips, are you going to dress your little one up in all sorts of clothes? You should see them over here. Actually, not silly, pretty nice actually. Is Niko a Japanese name, btw?

Dips'n'twists
12-06-2005, 08:37 AM
I actually have an army jacket and an army sweater for him. He's a boy in every sense of the word. He likes his hair in his face, he likes to look ruged so nothing frilly or fluffy for him. The woman who sold him to me is the one who named him Niko. I guess it does sound kind of Japanese but she's from Sweden. Go figure that. :)

angieME
12-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Dips, OH my god what a cutie pie!! He looks very happy. My dogs all go to bed when I do too. :lol: Mickey is so lazy that he will lay on the sofa and sigh if we are up too late for him and then he will trot off and sleep in our bed until we go in. :lol: Gotta love em.

Cherie, I agree with Noelle, Cassie looks like a cuddly stuffed animal. Soo Cute!! This is the terrier thread, since most of us have terriers. :lol:

I think I broke my mouse. I have been having such huge problems with this computer and the mouse doesnt want to move for me so I have been banging the **** out of it on the desk. I have a bit of a short temper. :lol: I am going to have to get this thing checked out but I was waiting to get the money on my credit card to order the twins Ipods for Christmas.

Noelle, Thanks for the recipes. YUMMY!

redballoon
12-06-2005, 03:42 PM
angie -- Banging the **** out of your mouse will surely break it if it wasn't all ready! :eek: Check the connections to the keyboard and/or computer and check to see if the mouse doesn't need cleaning. You have to clean them periodically. You can do that by unplugging it and then taking off the piece underneath where the ball is (if it's that kind of mouse) and picking the dust out. Maybe that'll help. Still, they do just break down after a while, so maybe you need a new one. ;)

angieME
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Red, :lol: you are so funny. Thanks, I will have to take it apart. This thing has been giving me so much trouble lately and it sucks because I really need a computer now. :lol:

Kempy, How are you feeling? How old are the pups now? They must be getting into all sorts of trouble now I bet. :lol: Come chat with us girl! I miss ya.

Gotta go cook supper.

melekalikimaka
12-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey girls, Happy Tuesday (Wednesday for Red) :) Well, I went to my weigh-in today and am down 2 lbs!!! :cb: Uh huh, oh yeah! I was a little nervous about it because I've been having to force myself to go out walking, not really in the mood to do it alone since my sis has been gone for over a week. But force myself I did and it worked! Yahoo! :lol:

Angie, I have to admit, you weighing in a few days ahead of me keeps me on track when I want to stray, so :thanks: Keep up the good vibes!

:listen: Oh Kempy....where are youuuuuu? :) Hope all is well.

Hi Red, Julie, Cherie, Dips, Holly, Cal and everyone... be back later.

melekalikimaka
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
This time next year I want to be 50 lbs (if not more) lighter! :strong:

angieME
12-06-2005, 07:52 PM
WAY TO GO NOELLE!!!!! :carrot: :hug: :dance: :hat: :strong:

melekalikimaka
12-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Thanks Angie :) I feel so evil right now.....I just ate a Klondike bar which was really good, only 4 pts which I did have left over at the end of the day. Gawd, I love this WW plan :lol:

angieME
12-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Julie, You are very welcome. I didnt know what to get for everyone that wasnt food so I wouldnt mess anyone up. I figured that it would be something we could all try together and see which ones we liked,etc.

I meant to tell you also that I was looking on Petfinder yesterday and they have a section for classifieds by state so I went through Wisconsin and they had a black lab that was rescued after 73 days in a house after the hurricane in La. They described her so sweetly. Good luck with your lab, I hope you guys get her. That would be great.

Noelle, I have to say that you are rockin this diet!! You are doing so awesome on it. I have been making Saturday a day for something sweet this time around. I mean if I am going to do it for life than I will just have to learn how to make it work for me, right?

I ordered Jay the new Korn cd for Christmas yesterday and Brit got him the System of a Down cd so he should be happy. I hate those 2 bands. YUCK! But at least him and the kids will enjoy them. :lol:

Well, I should get back to work.

PhotogirlTX
12-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone!! :-) Things just don't seem to slow down here for me... Today.. we may get some snow... this morning, it was 14 degrees here.. so if I have to put up with that coldness, I better see some snow! :D

The puppy is doing great... just trying to figure out what works best for her as far as potty training goes... we've hit and missed... Thanks for all the nice compliments ..... I think she is a keeper!

Dips!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Isn't that the most sweetest thing you have ever seen????? You must be in love! What a sweetie!

Julie.... a lab was one of my top choices for a dog... but due to me not having a big enough yard or a big enough house, I chose something smaller. I hope you get you dog! I love those!

Angie!!! Thank you sweetie!!!! I got the card in the mail yesterday! You rock!

Noelle.. WTG on the continued weight loss.. you girls are just rockin'!!!

Hey Red!!! How are you doing?

Kempy and Cal!!! Hello!!

Last night, I had the dog in her kennel and placed it in my room to see if she/we would sleep better. Well, I kept dreaming about the puppy, only her name wasn't Cassie, I was calling her JACKS..... so when I woke up and realized what I was dreaming about, I started wondering where Jacks went to.. Noelle, have you heard from her? I don't mean to imply she is a dog.. but it did get me to thinking about her! It is a cool name however! :D

OK... it's burrrrrrr cold here. 21 degrees. I know, I am a wimp compared to what some of you put up with....

Angie... you've lost 16.5 pounds...... OMG.. wtg girl!!!!! This place is really doing great. I need to get my motivation back and join your club! :D

OK.. back to work here.... I'll talk to you guys later!

Cherie

melekalikimaka
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi girls. Nothing much happening here today. I took my mom to get a haircut then we're supposed to go do some Christmas shopping in town. I'm still trying to plan Michael's 7th b-day party. We were thinking about taking him and a couple of school friends to a Boxcar race track. Not quite sure though...

Cherie, I have not heard from Jacks. I did send her a PM once and she came out and posted, but nothing since then. I imagine she must be a married woman by now :) Which reminds me, the Great Aloha Run is coming up on President's Day. It was about 2 years ago that we both did that run/walk. Time sure flies!

Angie, thanks for the subscription, that is a GREAT idea. I love it. You know what would be neat? If we looked through the recipes and made something on the same day and see how we all liked it. You know, I don't think I know the names of any of the songs by Korn or System of a Down...:lol:

Julie, :hug: at least now the school has diagnosed your sweet DS and will have to address his specific needs. I know you said he is very intelligent and loving, I think he has wonderfully supportive parents and he will do just fine. I was reading an article about Aspergers and it said something about how the individual may exhibit superior intelligence is certain subjects which may lead them to excel in their chosen careers later on in life. You know, like Einstein was a brilliant scientist right?

Well, I've got to run for now. :wave: Hi to Kempy, Dips, Red, Holly and Cal....have a great evening.

angieME
12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Julie, I agree with Noelle too. You are an awesome Mom and with your love and support he should do exceptional.

Cherie, I have heard that if you keep her in a crate while you are working then she cant damage your house and they wont soil where they sleep so that should help for while you are at work and also they usually have to go right after eating and waking up so make sure the leash is handy. When I trained mine I would always say gotta go pee outside really happy and they love the extra attention. After she goes say good girl really happily and she will just know that is where to go. When she makes a mess dont scold her or rub her nose in it or anything just pick up the mess but...if you catch her doing it say No pee outside really loud and then take her out and be happy after she finishes outside. It is all about positive reenforcement. (sp) I hope this helps.

Noelle, I am glad you like the magazines. That sounds like a good idea.

Kempyd
12-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey guys. Long time no chat. I know I have been slacking in that department. I am still feeling kind of depressed but it is going away a little. We only have one puppy left. And she is leaving this weekend. I think having her around help me not be so sad that they were leaving. She is so cute. I really having read much but I have seen the pics of the new babies and they are sooooo cute. I am so happy for you guys.

Anige you are doing great with the weightloss. I still have not dropped a pound. I have got to make that change though. I have been dealing with the puppy mess ups too so thanks for the advice. I have been letting Tess stay in with me so I can cuddle with her and she just has to go alot so I follow her around the house to make sure there are no mistakes.

Noelle I am thinking about joining WW. One of my friends joined and has lost 17lbs since July. She really wans't that big to begin with so she looks great! I have got to do something and my mom gives us $ each year so I am thinking about it. You are doing good on it aren't you?

Sorry this is so short but I need to clean the kitchen. Oh yeah, did any of you guys get anything from me?I mailed them last Tuesday and I sent them first class thinking that you would get them sooner. Just let me know so I can yell at the post office.

Chat later. :wave:

PhotogirlTX
12-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey Kempy!!! Good to see you girl! And yes, I got your package today! :-) Thanks! Hannah said, "THAT is CHEESE?????" hahahaha... I told her yes it was and to leave it alone! :D

I miss the French Quarter.... Thanks for the picture postcard. Such a great place!

PhotogirlTX
12-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Good Morning everyone... it is BRRRRRRRRRRR cold. 7 degrees this morning, with a wind chill in the negatives. Whining again! :-) It did snow a little... but not enough to play in. Girls had fun though...

I made chicken and dumplings last night and just stuffed myself. I don't know why I did that.. they were good, but I still feel stuffed this morning.

Puppy did great throughout the night. Slept in her crate next to me. I got her up around 1:45 to go potty, but she didn't have to go.. so at 5:00 AM I got her back up and she immediately went!! Woo Hoo!! Today, I have her in her crate. I'm going to go check on her at lunch, and I hope that she can hold it until then.

I am going to try to be good today. Try to make steps in the right direction. Eating my oatmeal this morning and I resisted the cheesecake in the fridge.

:-)

How is everyone this morning? OK.. getting to work here... I'll check in later!

Kempyd
12-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Wow look at me, two day in a row. I might be on to something. I doubt I will be here tomorrow though. We have friends coming in today and they will be leaving Saturday. They are coming to get Tess, the last puppy.

Cherie that is so great that your puppy is already getting creat trained. That is one of the hardest things to do especially with labs. They are such people dogs, it just kills them to be away from people. The gift was just a little something from down here. I love that cheese though!

I need to get back to cleaning but I will try to pop on b4 they get here today.

jbbm
12-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks Kempy for the gifts, love them all. Have fun with your friends. Hugs girl.

I just posted and it didn't work, lets try it again:)

melekalikimaka
12-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi girls, I am getting your gifts ready to ship and should have them at the post office by tomorrow morning. Since we are on a healthy kick I figured I would try to get something a little more personalized for everyone, instead of the usual chocolate covered macadamia nuts, or garlic and onion macadamia nuts, or maybe honey roasted macadamia nuts....well, you catch my drift :lol: So no food items coming from me!

Cherie, I have to give you a pat on the back for saying no to cheesecake! :carrot: Good job!! Yikes, try to stay warm! Brrrrrr is right!

Kempy, :hug: hey girl. I love WW. I'm doing the points system, but they do have a core system where you eat from an approved list of foods until your body is 'satisfied'. I guess it's like a low-carb approach....I know my body doesn't know when it's satisfied so I didn't wanna try that way yet. I like points. I have to admit I am doing well on the plan (check out my signature!) Of course, I've only recently gone below my highest weight :o but the main thing is I'm doing it! That would be a good way to spend your Xmas money and do something good for yourself. I can help you along if you want.

Angie, those are some good tips on crate training... you got any tips on keeping a dog from chewing? Lucky is just going nuts chewing everything! I take her on long walks and play ball with her, give her rawhide chews and squeaky toys....she still manages to chew up shoes and slippers and her stuffed toys if she can get her paws on them. I have had to bring all the shoes into the house or else they will end up in chunks and shreds. IT's just driving us crazy. She's even gnawing up the back wooden steps. Rick may have to rip out the old wood and put in a new set of steps if she doesn't stop soon. I'm talking 20 steps and a railing!

I gotta get crackin' here at work. Have a great day Julie, Dips, Red, Cal and Holly.... back later.

angieME
12-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey Kempy, Nope I havent gotten your gift yet. I will let you know when I do though. I hope you feel better soon...you should post here everyday so we can keep you happy, :lol:

Noelle, No, nuts? Shoot...I love those!! Just kidding. I dont need any because I ate them all by myself last time. :lol: I wished I knew how to get them to stop chewing too. Mickey is a chewer,shredder and everything in between. :lol: He will shred any papers that he finds within minutes of me going outside to work. So they all get gated into the kitchen now so he cant eat my dining room set up. He chewed all the bar stools that went with the kids tables. I know if you spray bitter apple on stuff then they arent supposed to want to chew it but...he doesnt mind it so it wont work for me. :lol:

Wow Cherie, that is cold. I didnt realize it would get so cold down your way. Too bad the girls couldnt play in the snow though.

I went up and helped Jay finish up Princess' house this morning so she can move in this weekend. Geesh, that is a NICE house! I have to admit I am a little jealous that she gets a free house for dropping out of college and being a loser...also because I know they would never do that for my kids.

Well, I gotta get some work done but I wanted to check in with you all.

melekalikimaka
12-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Darnit! I bought a whole bunch of Christmas cards and stuff last year on clearance and of course right now when I need them I can't find where I stored them..... brain fart! How's your day going?

melekalikimaka
12-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Kempy, I got your gift today! :thanks: I miss New Orleans! I'll be cookin' up some crawfish etouffee for Christmas :chef:

redballoon
12-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey all! Greetings from Hong Kong!! No time to read posts but just wanted to say heh! A VERY late night last night and I am not feeling too good at the moment...to put it mildly... And it's already about 5 p.m.! Oh well....gotta make things memorable! ;) Take care, all. I'll be checking in..... :wave:

PhotogirlTX
12-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone! TGIF! This is going to be a busy weekend for me. Tonight is my Christmas party for work, and tomorrow night is a Christmas party for one of Alan's friends. Their annual XMAS party. Sunday.... I think will be busy just spending time with the girls.

Julie... you are doing great with your son. I have a friend up in Conn. whos son as asgaspar (ms) At least you have an idea of what needs to be done to help him excel! Such a great mom! Have you heard anything on the lab?

Hi Red! I hope you are doing well over in HK! That sounds so exotic... :-)

Noelle.... hope you found your cards.. I do that too.. it's so frustrating! And as for the macadamia nuts, my sister gave me some chocolate covered ones that came from the island of Maui. Some of her employees that work there sent her like 6 boxes because they know those are her favorites... so she gave some to me.. and they are delicious!!!! But I definately don't need any more.. I would eat the whole box!

Kempy (((((HUGS)))))) I know it will be hard giving up Tess... Puppies are great! I hope you have a great time with your friends.

Angie.. yes.. it gets cold down here.. and because there are no hills to block the wind, it stays windy too... so the windchill is always much colder. Right now, its 12 degrees, but I am hoping for it to get to past freezing later today! As for the weekend, it should be back in the 40 and 50's. Go Figure. They have a saying here in OK.. if you don't like the weather, give it a couple of minutes. That is pretty much the truth. All in the same week, we can have nice warm sunny days, tornadoes, snow and freezing temps. Then start all over again. :-)

OK.. well, I do need to get busy today.... I hope everyone has a great weekend!

melekalikimaka
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, I went to the post office this morning figuring I would get there early before opening (8 a.m.) and mail your gifts...well so did I and about 20 other people! :eek: I had to stand in line for about 40 minutes. Not bad I guess, but not great either. You're lucky I like you guys and had the patience to wait :s: :lol: Anyway, let me know if your packages arrive in one piece. :crossed: And everyone got something a little different so no comparing! :lol:

Kempy, yours will go out tomorrow since I had to go back to the store to switch something. But everything went out priority so it should get to you soon.

I did find the box of missing Christmas cards--it was on a shelf in my bedroom cabinet. Who would've thought to look there with the rest of my gift wrapping supplies??? *sigh* I could just envision myself putting them away in a darn cardboard box and stashing it in the hall closet... alzheimers is creeping up on me I tell ya. :lol:

Cherie, i love me some chocolate macs too! They are a standard 'just in case' gift at my house. We buy over a dozen boxes and just have them wrapped in case someone unexpected drops by with a gift...with luck, we give most of them away--but one year I remember we had about 10 boxes in the house after Christmas...my sisters and I polished one off daily :ink: :lol: I DO have 6 sisters though... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hey Red! Try not to work too hard, and do feel better so you can enjoy yourself a little. Thanks for popping in!

Angie, Lucky chewed up another pair of Michael's rubber slippers last night. I got on his case about leaving them outside anyway. This is the 4th pair she's gotten! Luckily the others were almost outgrown, but sheesh this dog has a problem! I've been tying her up during part of the day just to keep her from getting into trouble. I hate doing that though.

Kempy, how far away have your puppies gone? Will you be able to see some of them? It must be difficult to let them all go but at least you know they are going to good homes and good people.

Julie, how are you doing today girl? Are you all snowed in? I saw some cooooooooolllllllllddddddddd weather across the nation on the news. Stay warm. Any news on the rescued lab?

Cal, what's crackin' with you? You guys must be busy right now, winding down the 2nd quarter and all. How are you feeling these days?

Dips, are you still freezing your buns off in NY? :lol: How's your baby Niko doing? He's such a doll.

Anywho, gotta get going for now. Be back later and hope to read more posts. Have a good one.

jbbm
12-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi Girls!

Cherie, have a great time at your parties this weekend!

Noelle I will keep and eye out. Thanks for standing in line that long. Everywhere is so crowded now. Yup it is really cold here but we had heat wave today and it got up to 21, WOOHOO....hahahaha.....Call me crazy but I am not minding the cold weather. Maybe after all these years my body can handle it. The big concert is this week, huh? I bet you can't wait. About Lucky chewing, do you keep her inside the house or outside alot?

Angie are you weighing in tomorrow? Good luck!:) You are doing so great. That was nice of you to go help finish the house. They better know what a great dil you are!

Red feel better soon.

Dips how is the pup?

Kempy I hope Tess leaving is not too sad for you.

Get this girls, I mailed your gifts last night and forgot to put the cards in them! I am such an airhead sometimes. Haha....LOL...My return address is on the package though so you should know who they are from.

I am not sure about the rescue anymore. The lady said it is on the timid side and I just don't want to take any chances with my ds getting afraid. Keep looking though. Tomorrow I am having a get together over here for my family and inlaws. So I have to finish making some more christmas cookies and candy for that. Everyone wants to see my giant tree. Ds has a birthday party tonight so I had to run and get a card and present for that today. That is about all going on with me.

Hi to everyone I missed. Have a great weekend.

angieME
12-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi guys!! I went house hunting with my sister today. She just got accepted for a loan but since she is a single parent the funds are tight so it is slim picking but... I think she found a few possible ones.

Kempy, I got your gift today. Thank you so much. I think I can buy crawfish at Walmart so I will have to get some to try that. YUM. The cheese is so cute. I love it!!!

Julie, that is too bad about the dog. But you should make sure you get the right fit for your family. I am sure you will find the perfect pet soon.

Noelle, My kittens chewed through the Christmas tree lights today! They are pushing it now!!! :lol: I am going to repaint my kitchen because they ripped all my borders apart! I think they will be inside/outside cats come spring. They are too wild to keep inside all the time.

Red, I hope you have a great trip.

Cherie, Have fun at your parties this weekend. Sounds like fun.

I am not counting on much for a loss tomorrow since I just started my period and am all bloated feeling. I am happy that I didnt cave into the cravings that I have had all week though. So I still feel good.

calnative
12-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Finally, I seem to have some time to post and let everyone know I'm still here.
Only 2 more weeks for this quarter. I can't believe it's nearly over already. Half the school year is gone.
I've got my kiddos very busy now. I've had my lesson plans done for the past 3 weeks and the next week the kids will be summarizing a favorite book and creating a booklet to turn in. It will be down time for me while they do all the work.
Noelle: I have yet to get to the post office to send off my gifts to everyone. I know the line will be crazy, but I plan to go tomorrow; after Ashley's volleyball game, a fun day at church with 8-11 year old girls for 2 hours, shopping for a gift for her teacher, seeing Santa.......I'm tired already. You know, we have a problem with Tucker always chewing on things. He is definitely an outside dog, but I'd like to get him a soft bed (especially now with the weather getting colder), but I know he'd eat it the first night. I have no idea how to break him of that.

Angie: Thank you for the subscription. My hubby has already found 3 recipes that he wants me to try. I told him I'd try after school's out.

Red: Enjoy HK; hope you feel better soon.

Cherie: Your tree is beautiful. Your girls and new addition are just adorable. How much fun you are all going to have.

Kempy: I got your gift a couple of days ago, thank you. The cheese is the cutest thing. I told Ashley it was cheese and she said "No way!! I'm not eating green cheese!" :lol: I told her the paper was green, not the cheese. Now she thinks it's cute. Thank you again.

Julie: I'm freezing with morning temps in the mid to low 40's; I can't even fathom anything less than 30.

Dips: Your new baby is sooooo cute!! Just adorable. How lucky you are.

Have a great weekend everyone. My BIL will be here Sunday night from Italy. It will be nice, but we have to make a few changes and I have to get used to the office being his bedroom for the next month (it's the only spare room we have). I am looking forward to getting all the downstairs painted and he said that if he can find the materials he needs, he'll do my living room in Venetian plaster. :love: While I look forward to the painting, I would love to have the Venetian plaster..it's beautiful.

Cal

angieME
12-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Good Morning girls!! I weighed in this morning and I am down 1.5 lbs this week. YEAH!! :carrot: I have been bloated all week so I really didnt think I would lose anything more than maybe a 1/2 lb. I was thinking last night and if I was getting ready to go to Florida this year for Christmas I never would have been able to get on track because I would have always been saying.."Vacation is coming up, I cant diet right now......I would have missed the oportunity to lose 18 pounds because of something that isnt immediately happening. How stupid I was. I hope I have learned my lesson of dont put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Cal, After your BIL does your room you will have to post pics for us. Sounds nice. I hope you all have a great visit.

Dips'n'twists
12-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Okay, so I found a really cool, inexpensive animal hospital for niko. I also invested in my job's pet insurance. I'm telling you, downtown manhattan is for the wealthy and snooty. These people talkin' bout $230 for the first visit NOT including vaccinations or meds if needed. I'm like WHAT :yikes: :faint: then the ******* was like "So you wanna schedule an appointment?" I'm like HEEELLL NO :lol: I tell you, this dog better live a long life! I think it would have been cheaper to have a baby :jpker: Anyways,

Angie- Thank you thank you thank you for the gift. You are such a good friend. And way to go on the continued weight loss. You are doing awesome! Kudos for you for keeping on track for the holiday season becasue I am so not! My ticker is lying right now. :lol: Good advise for the potty training. Niko was wee wee pad/ paper trained when I got him. I'm trying to convert him to the doggie litter but that is a challenge. As of late I just been taking him outside but i think I may be confusing him :dizzy: He does really well though. Only a few accidents whee he missed his mark on the paper by a few inches. I took him out yesterday morning when it was snowing, at least I tried to. My baby- who usually darts out of the door just stood in the lobby and looked at me like, " I am not gong out there!" It was too cute. But I cleared some ground for hi so he could pee before I took him back inside. Look at me babbling on about my puppy. :blah: :rolleyes: Okay I'll shut up now.

Noelle- You are so funny. And what a sweetie you are to endure the Post Office madness in the name of the holiday spirit!. And Yes I AM freezing my buns off in the Big Apple sickle :lol: This snow isn't making things any better either:snowglo: (though we didn't get that much...yet) I know you're like "Snow? What's that?" It;s that white flaky stuff that falls from the sky when it's cold. "Cold? What's that like?" I am so jealus of you and your 80 degree weather. I'm sayin' Hook a sista up with like 5 of them :lol: You should see my managers at HD They're dying to sell out of the shovels and salt and snow blowers. They're like COME OOOONNNN SNOW!

Cal- nice to see you. I see that you are one busy lady. Imagine, kids at home and work :eek: If your DD is playing V-Ball your weather must be nice! BTW My pup chews his bad too but it doesn't bother me as long as he doesn't mess with my furniture.

Cherie- All I can offer you is moral support. I'm a new puppy owner myself so I really couldn't help one way or the other. You'll do fine though.

J- WOW it's cold by you! I guess I can feel a little bit better :snow4:

Okay, so I'm off to petco to get some grooming supplies for Niko. Like it or not he is going to be the diva I always dreamed of! Later girls!!

melekalikimaka
12-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Happy Saturday girls. My sis gets home from Bangkok today so I am trying to get the house and yard cleaned up. I even took the rabbit out of his cage and let him run around bit. I tried grooming him but he keeps turning around to where my hand is and looks like he wants to bite me. He's a big fella too so I guess I'm kind of afraid of him? :lol: Silly Lucky keeps hanging around the edge of the fenced in area and keeps biting at the rabbit's hair that's flying all around. Silly girl. My mom freaked out and thought she had gotten to the rabbit :lol:

Anyway, just being a domestic goddess today...the usual, laundry, bathroom scrubbing, etc... We went to watch the Chronicles of Narnia last night. It was really good. I think I liked it better than the latest Harry Potter movie. It is not a little kids flick though. Much more scary things and war scenes than even Harry Potter. Michael liked it though, he's into scary looking cool things :lol: We tried to go and see some Christmas lights as well but it was pretty late and we ended up just driving by the City display and then going home.

Angie, WOO-HOO!!! :cp: Good job girl! You're doing so awesome. And that's a good realization to come to, about not waiting until an event to start losing. I am very PROUD and happy for you. I'm having a hard time myself with the exercise part. But w/my sis coming home it should be easier.

Dips, we don't have Petco here either :(....But I always hit that store when I go on my mainland trips. I have to give you this website link, they have some FUNNY shirts, both for the dogs and their humans: http://www.ruffruffandmeow.com/ Check it out! I know what you mean about vet costs. You're lucky you even have access to pet insurance! And yeah, it is comparable to having a new baby :lol: I cheated a little and had my retired Navy dad take my pup to the military vet--saved BIG bucks that way in vaccinations and such.

Cal, I gave Lucky a new big soft bed and she hasn't chewed it yet (but she did chew the old one). I think she prefers Michael's slippers, the right side only. :rolleyes: When I told him to go and find a pair of slippers all he could find were all left sides...go figure. Maybe a bed for Tucker and maybe a gift of a BIG rawhide would keep him occupied? Have fun in your busy day today. I got a question for ya: What would you as a teacher prefer as a small gift from your students--I mean, I know you don't expect to get anything, but when they do give you gifts, what was your favorite thing? I'm thinking about getting Michael's teacher something like a gift card, nothing too huge and spendy, but something she can choose to spend how she wants.

Julie, Lucky is an outside dog through and through. She has WAY too much energy to live in the house. She roams around as she pleases and she gets walks with me. I know she's still a pup but when will she grow out of this? I don't know what to do. Have a nice visit with your family tonight. You have got to try and post pics of your big, beautiful tree! We wanna see it too. :) I will try and sneak a camera into the Motley Crue concert :s: Otherwise, I just know my girlfriends will get pics of Tommy at his DJ gig. I can't wait!

Cherie, have fun at all your Xmas parties! :wave:

Well, gotta get moving today. hi to all and have a good one.

calnative
12-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Noelle: My kids have been very imaginative in the past. I've gotten pencils, pencil sharpeners (no kidding), house slippers, and lots of bath oils, perfumes (which I can't wear because of allergies). I cherish anything the kids get because it comes from them. One year we gave Ashley's teacher a $25 gift card to her favorite restaurant so she would get something for herself and not the classroom. Most teachers, if given a gift card, will buy for the classroom. Just some ideas for you. This year Ashley got her teacher some bath oils and a pin that says teacher and is shaped like a pencil. I may try the bed for Tucker; the rawhide may not work because I think he'll try to bury it as he does some of the larger rocks in the yard that he likes to chew on. Crazy dog. :dizzy:

Dips: The weather here is pretty nice. In fact, today it was hot. I even ran the A/C in my car for about 30 minutes. Wore only a t-shirt and long pants today. My BIL will be flying into JFK tomorrow afternoon. His flight gets there about 4pm then he will be here in PHX at 10:30pm. I told my husband that you mentioned some snow; hopefully the weather will be nice for his flight.

Hello to everyone and have a great rest of the weekend.

angieME
12-11-2005, 09:56 AM
:mad: Hey guys, I am so ready to pull my hair out with Brit! Me and jay went to Bangor yesterday morning to get cabinets to put up above my washer and dryers and paint to redo the utility room and kitchen. So we get ready to leave and Brit (wakes) up and comes out and asked where we were going and when we would be home. Okay so we left and we thought it was odd that she didnt come with us but whatever. So I have to mention that I also just spent $135 on a new camera cell phone for her because it comes into play at the end of this. Okay when we got home Alicia was sitting homa alone and said that right after we left Brit was talking to her boyfriend on the phone and then she left and said she was going for a walk and would be back later. Well, we knew she was up to the kids house whos mom bought them liquor because she knows I wont allow her there and that is her boyfriends best friends house so we call there and he says she isnt there. Right after we hang up he calls right back and says that she left a while ago so we got in thje car and immediately drive up to his house because we knew she was there. He denies it and we leave and drive around town for a while to try to find her and of course the new cell phone is OFF!!!! So I am getting more and more pissed by the minute and we go to more friends houses and come home and call more friends...noone has heard from her so I call Andrews house AGAIN. well this time noone is answering the phone so we are 100% sure of where she is then so we drive back to his house and he says she isnt there so Jay says look, You can get her now or I will bring the cops back with me and they can get her so he says"oh well she just showed up a little while ago" Well, guess hwere she was? She was up stares with her boyfriend and she took forever to get downstairs. So I think she has probably done something that shouldnt have happened and plus I am sure they were doing something for drugs. We get home and I took her phone and she told me Trevor(boyfriend) wasnt there well, I am going through her pics on her phone and they are of her and him at that house!! Geesh, she is only 14 years old and I dont know what to do. She says it is fun to get into trouble and party. She was not raised like this so I am shocked. We dont smoke, drink,drug....Nothing!! end rant.

Today we are painting the utlility room....actually Jay is doing the trim right now. I already did the walls. :D

jbbm
12-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Angie, sorry girl that Brit is giving you some teenage trouble. She is so lucky to have a caring mom and dad like you guys. Good luck with the utility room I want to get cabinets for my laundry room, I am sick of keeping my laundry supplies out.
Sorry so short and not to get personal but I have to take care of groceries this morning.

Hi everyone!

melekalikimaka
12-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey girls, just got back from my walk. It started out with me, Rick, Michael and Lucky....then after about 20 minutes Michael decides he's tired. So Rick walks him home with the dog and I continue on my merry way. I ROCK! :lol: We are planning on going to the swap meet this morning, still gotta finish up some Christmas shopping.

Angie :hug: I can't give you any advice about Brit but I feel for you girl. You and Jay are doing right by her by staying on her case. Don't lay off, she'll thank you for it later. I would definitely take away the cell phone priveleges, etc. Just remember what it was like when you were her age--my gosh, what am I saying? I am going to be in deep trouble when Michael gets there :lol: Seriously though, let her know you know what's going on and that you're watching out for her.

Cal, thanks for the input! It helps. :)

Have a good Sunday everyone! Be back later. :wave:

Kempyd
12-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey guys. The compnay has left and so has Tess. I am actually ok with it too. It is kind of quite around here without her though. I guess this is what poeple feel like when kids leave.

Angie I wish I knew what to tell you too. I remember doing stupid things when I was a kid but I was so scared of my mom I didn't do them to often. I did have friends though that were do right bad. I have no idea how their parnets handled them. She really has no idea how lucky she is to have you two. Any great job on the pounds. That is just awesome.

Cal you guys are having the reactions that I wanted with the cheese. Isn"t that just the funniest thing? I used to give my teachers cookies. I guess back then they weren't scared to take something made by the kids. Now day skids are trying to hurt their teachers and that is just so crazy to me.

Noelle that is great that you finished your walk. I have been down right lazy today. I did kind of straighten up though. I am still thinking about the WW thing. While I was at the store today I was thinking about the stuff I was buying and wondering what the points for them would be. Is it hard to have things that you normally like to eat and homemade things?

Dips I am so jeaoous that you have snow. OUr temp Friday night was 27 and that is as close to winter as we are going to get down here. It did snow last Christmas but I was in CA. I doubt it will do that again at least not for another 15 years if not longer.

Ok guys, I have to sign off and finish dinner.

melekalikimaka
12-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi guys, my sis and I took the dogs for a walk this morning and got rained on. :rain: My sis bought lots of cool things for Xmas gifts from Bangkok, lots of Harry Potter shirts for Michael and even a pink Louis Vuitton Murakami cherry blossom dog leash and matching halter for my mom's dog Selena.....it's hilarious. They only had small sizes so Lucky didn't get one, but she did get tons of dog clothes. They are made in Thailand and sell for CHEAP, like $3-8 US. If you found these clothes in an American pet store you would be shelling out upwards of $25. US prices are crazy but I guess so is dressing up your dog :lol:

Kempy, actually when I started WW I found that I could eat MORE than I usually do. I don't know if they give you a start up kit if you do the "at home" online thing, but the book has the points info on tons of food. Just look up what you want to eat and count the points up. The online service has a recipe builder that will do the points for you as well I think. It's an easy plan to follow and it does work. OK, end of my commercial for WW :lol:

Angie, how's your day going so far? Did you put an electronic ankle bracelet on Brit yet? Just kidding!

Cherie, I got your Christmas card on Saturday--it's just BEAUTIFUL! I love it. Such a pretty family :) Now I could show Michael your girls and he could see who the present we sent would be going to.

Hey Julie, Dips, Cal, Red and everyone, have a GREAT day :wave:

PhotogirlTX
12-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey girls.. It's Monday again. Blah.

Angie.. ((((((HUGS))))))) I hope that you can get through to Brit. You must be pulling your hair out. I am so sorry... I wish I had some advice, but I don't. We are here to listen.. and I pray that she gets her head on straight and realizes what great parents she has.

Kempy!!! Quiet house? What is that? :-) My house is nosier than ever... Girls and the puppy... all are doing great!

Noelle.. you rock! Doing all that walking! That is so cool! I need to get busy and get back on track. And thank you for the compliment about the card! OH.. and that is funny about the dog clothes.. :-) My dog does well if I remember to put her collar on!

Dips.. so glad you found an affordable vet. I can't believe the price of that office visit! Mine was $30 dollars and I was thinking for a look over, that was a bit much!

Cal.... the gift certificate is a great idea for teachers. Our school is doing something where you give a gift of money in name of the teachers.. so I think that is what we will be doing... it's going for some sort of good cause, :-) I just need to read the flyer better that they sent home on Friday.

Julie.. how are you doing? How was your weekend? Have you totally decided against the dog?

Red.. things going well over there?

Well, my weekend was wonderful..Got to spend lots of time with Alan... and he even gave me my Christmas present early. Right before we were going to the party on Saturday hosted by his friends... he pulled out a bag and gave it to me.. inside was a little box... and no, it wasn't a ring, nor was I expecting a ring.. but I got something just as nice. It was a pair of platinum diamond stud earrings. :-) I have not worn earrings since I was about 20.. or so.. everything that I have tried, makes my ears hurt and swollen and fills them with puss within 10 minutes. It just got to the point that I just quit wearing anything. I told him about this a couple of months ago.. and he remembered. He got me earrings with platinum studs because that is one of the most purest metals and he was hoping that it wouldn't hurt my ears. He was right.. they are beautiful and perfect.. and I have't taken them out of my ears since Saturday night..... I am in awe.. I have never worn earrings without them killing my ears. Anyway... They are beautiful and sparkely and I don't want to take them off! :D

OK.. well, I need to get back to work.... I'll talk to you guys soon!

jbbm
12-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi Girls

Noelle I love the gifts, you are just so sweet. Thank you. And my kiddos like theirs too. I was so excited to get a package from HI....I think I could feel some warmth from the island. LOL

Angie forgot to say GREAT JOB on the weigh in:carrot:

Cal thanks for the teacher gift ideas. I think I may to a gift card to a neat store or out to eat.

Cherie, how is the pup? I wanted to ask you how old is she?

I think we found our puppy. She is purebread black lab. Almost four months old. Dh went to go see her with my ds. They say she is crate and potty trained, knows how to sit. We may go pick her up this weekend. I will send you all pictures if we get her. This is kind of a gross question but its life, so all you dog owners may know this....how many times does a puppy have to be dewormed? I know gross topic, haha....I am just wondering if they need it every couple of months to a certain age? Okay gotta go, I kept my son home because he was running a fever in bed last night until this am, and has another cold. Oh well that is a bunch of nose picking kindergartners for you:dizzy:. Check back later. Hi to everyone else.

jbbm
12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Cherie, congratulations on the earrings. What a guy. You had me there....I thought it was a ring, LOL. I am so happy these earrings are not bothering your ears. Keep on wearing them!

PhotogirlTX
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Julie.. the puppy sounds great! I am still working on crate training my little one, but she is coming along fabulously.... She turned 10 weeks old this past Saturday. I am not sure about deworming. I have mine on heartworm medicine.. and will continue to give that to her so we won't have that problem. I can't wait to see pictures of her! Labs are such great animals.. so smart and loving! I hope you get her!

angieME
12-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey everyone!! This is the first chance I have had to check in. The kitchen is all done and it looks nice. I want to go get some of the vynil tiles for the floor sometime right off too.

Noelle, GREAT JOB on the walking. I havent exercised since Thursday because I have been so busy but today I made it a point to get it done. I feel so much better since I have gotten it over with for the day. :lol:

Julie, I got your gift today. THANK YOU so much! It is so cute. I think I will light it up tonight. Good Luck with the pup. Is it one of the ones on Petfinder?

Cherie, My daughters are both allergic to most jewelry too. I am glad that you found something that doesnt break you out. That was very sweet of Alan.

Kempy, The alligator cheese is too cute. The kids keep asking when we are going to cut into it. :lol: Little pigs.

Well, I have to clean up the house a bit.

angieME
12-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Julie, When we got Mickey home from Tenn. he had worms and the vet gave me pills once and I didnt have to worry about it afterwards.

jbbm
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
You are welcome Angie. Glad you like it. She isn't from petfinder. A breeder has her about 20 minutes away from us. You know, I wanted to get a rescue but like I said I need something that will not be timid and be gentle and get to know my kids, especially with my son. Having them grow up together may just be the right idea. I am looking around the house and there is tons of stuff I am going to have to puppy proof. Just like having a crawling baby that puts everything in their mouth.

Thanks Cherie and Angie about answering my question.

Cherie, I could not tell Cassie was 10 weeks all ready. She looks so tiny and small. What a doll.

Kids are calling I got to go. I have leftover roast beef that I may make into bbq beef sandwiches. I am so thankful I don't have to cook....I frosted sugar cookies this morning. Didn't have one! I have made so much candy and junk. But so far I have been staying away from it. When I had my party on Saturday here I tried to put alot of it out to get rid of it. I made a great pumpkin dip by the way to go with my gingerbread cookies. OKAY enough food talk from me, LOL!

melekalikimaka
12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Cherie, that is so great about the earrings. You deserve some diamonds girl! I think the non-irritation is a sign--HE's the one :lol: Enjoy your sparkles. I had my ears pierced when I was 5, when I was 6 and when I was 16...and none of the times worked. My body does not like anything foreign in it. (I guess that explains why I only have one child :devil: )

Julie, you're very welcome. I'm glad everything got there with no trouble, faster than I thought it would be. Hooray for the USPS! :lol: You know, I tried to get things relevant to each person (and with you the word "family") kept coming to mind :) ) Glad the kids like theirs too. I hope you get the pup too. With Lucky, she had worms up the wazoo (literally!) so she had to get a shot and some pills for both hookworms and roundworms. She came from not-too-sanitary living conditions though, so I'm sure she was a more extreme case. You can tell if the pup has worms also if they have that pot-bellied look. The shot started working just a couple of hours after they gave it to her (if you know what I mean). Anyway, your pup will probably not have the same problems Lucky did if she's coming from a good breeder.

Kempy, I am going to the post office for ya this morning. :) I hope nothing gets broken in transit.

Angie, if you and Jay ever get tired of baking for a living, you two could do an interior remodeling service. You guys are so good at doing things to your house. Hey, good job on getting your exercise in today :carrot: Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Well, I gotta get some work done here I guess (I am at work). I'll check back later.

melekalikimaka
12-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Tis the season

Kempyd
12-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Happy Monday girls. Cherie I got your card today and it is so pretty. You guys are all so cute. I have it on the mantel for all to see. Julie your gift came today too. Thank you so much. I have a table with all of my candle holders on it so I had the perfect place for it. Thank you too.

I was actually busy today. I did have some errands to run too thought so that helped the time go by. I am almost done with the gifts so now I can just sit back and relax. It is kind of weird around here though. We still have so many people from New Orleans here and they buy everything up so fast. Usually Lowe's still has a good amount of stuff left right now and they are completely out of all of the holiday stuff. Hobby Lobby had to pu out the Valentine's dat stuff to fill the shelves. It is just so crazy around here. I kind of want my town back.

Thanks for the info Noelle I need to check out the online site. I really don't know when I could get to a meeting so I will have to see what will be better for me.

Kempyd
12-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Julie when we brought the pups to the vet he said that if the momwe on heartworm pills the pups would be fine. He did worm them for us when we got their first shots. If you are getting it from a breeder they most probabaly have the shots taken care of. The schedule for shots is 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 12weeks and the last set is at 16 weeks. (just went through this all) You breeder should give you a paper showing the shots where given. I am almost certain that it is a sort of legal thing to have them covereed b4 they sell them. I made sure that we did it b/c I would feel terrible if one of them got sick from something I could have prevented.

PhotogirlTX
12-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Noelle... YOU ROCK!!! That was just the coolest gift! Where did you find a frame with Wheaties on it????????? It's just too cool!

Noelle found a frame made up of soft coated wheaten terriers.. and she put the picture of the girls and Cassie in it! How cool is that!

I'll be back later... just wanted to share!

Cherie

jbbm
12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Thank you also Noelle and Kempy info. Glad you like your gift Kempy!

Cherie, your pic is beautiful. What a precious picture!

Gotta go put supper on.

redballoon
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Hello all! :wave: I'm back in Tokyo and recovering from a bad case of what seems to have been food posioning in Hong Kong. It was awful and I couldn't even make it to the races on Sunday! Ridiculous. But I feel much better now except for a bit of lingering stomach cramps. I hear a lot of other people were sick. Hong Kong is so different from Japan and I hadn't even thought of the danger of food poisoning. It could have been the water even apparently. Well, you all sound very busy with all this talk of presents and dogs. You should call this the dog thread! ;) Take care, all!

melekalikimaka
12-13-2005, 01:19 AM
Hi girls, just winding down for the night. Rick is upstairs trying to clear a clogged drain...a plumber's work is never done :lol:

Cherie, I'm glad you liked it. When I saw it I just knew it had you and the girls' name on it. :) I hope you didn't mind i printed the pic off of your snapfish account. It's not the best quality since I just used my office printer, but I figured you could put any pic you wanted in it later. We have a store here called Best Friends which sells specialty items for dog breeds. Lots of all sorts of things for dog lovers. I'm pretty sure the store is on the mainland too (I know there was one in New Orleans when I was there last) but I couldn't find anything online about it. I'm really happy that the packages have been delivered so quickly too.

Red, sorry you got sick while in HK. Stomach flu is the pits! I wanted to say congrats on your moving weight tracker --I did notice the weight change. Good job! We had THOUSANDS of Japanese nationals here in HI for the Honolulu marathon yesterday. Maybe it'll be a little less crowded when you get back home ;)

Julie, I got your gift today. THANKS! It's so cute and perfect because I just bought some new tealights from my candle-lady friend too. You know how you said you felt the warmth of HI when you got my package? Well, I feel like I could enjoy the snow of WI when I opened yours. Too cute!

Well, I don't know what time I'll be online tomorrow because I have 3 separate appointments i need to keep, then Michael's school Xmas program in the evening. I will pop in to say hi though. Chat more w/ya ladies tomrrow.

angieME
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Good Morning girls!! Well, I have gotten my workout in and the kitchen is completely done now. Me and Jay hung the cabinets over the washer and dryer last night in the utility room. They look really nice...well worth the money spent.

This week will be basically planning and cleaning for the Christmas party on Saturday. I am considering any loss this week temporary considering the food that will be at the party and I may just have a few drinks with everyone. I bought the drinking game shots and ladders for my sis and a roulette wheel drinking game for Claudia so maybe we will play them. :lol: I am not a big drinker any more so we will see.The last time I drank was a few years ago at my birthday party when I posted the pics. :lol: I am really exciting huh?

well, gotta get to work

melekalikimaka
12-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi girls, I wanted to pop in before starting my day. I have a nail appointment (gotta look good for my Motley Crue concert tomorrow, in case I corner Tommy Lee alone :devil: ).... then I have my weigh-in @ WW. I don't know how I'll fare this week because I've been feeling like I want to munch munch munch. I haven't really given in though so I'm hoping this bloated feeling is just due to PMS. My scale says a maintain, but their scale is a few lbs lighter so I'm hoping I have a teeny bit of loss at least, but I won't sweat it if I don't. Then I have my follow-up drs. appointment in the afternoon. I should get the results back from my blood test then and see where we'll go from there. Busy day but I'll get it all done. Then the Xmas program, fa la la la la...

Angie, where did you find the game shots and ladders? I have a girlfriend in mind that I know would probably like it :lol: I am such a exciting partier myself ya know... I don't even have the urge to drink, unless I'm at a Mexican restaurant with chips and salsa, then bring on the margaritas! I guess I got all the drinking out of my system during high school. Motley Crue and Jack Daniels go hand in hand, right Julie? :lol:

Have a good one!

angieME
12-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Noelle, The game is at Linens N Things. It was only $10.00 too. :lol: I got your gift this morning. Thank you!! I love it. How do you always think of such good things to get people? I suck at that. :lol:

Good luck at your doctors appointment. I hope you get some good news

Have fun at your concert tomorrow. What a great way to spend your birthday!!

Back to work!!

melekalikimaka
12-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Hi girls, just a quick one while I take lunch...I am down 1.4 lbs today...not much, but I'll take it since I haven't walked as much as I should have last week, and ate some rum balls that my mom made for her friends..... but anyway, I am back to tracking my points honestly and hope to see a better loss next week. A loss is a loss and that's a positive thing :carrot: Halfway there! (to my personal short term goal anyway)

Angie, you're welcome. I dunno how I get my gift ideas. Sometimes I'm just "on it" and other times....well...I draw a blank :lol: Glad you all liked your gifts.

Julie, I got your birthday card--thanks so much! You really didn't have to, but since you did, I will treat myself ;) Thank you thank you!!! You're a gem!

angieME
12-14-2005, 11:06 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELLE!! :gift: :woo: :candy: :balloons: :grouphug: :hat: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hug:

I hope you have a great day and get everything that you wanted. I sent you something via email so let me know if you dont get it so I can fix it.

jbbm
12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELLE

Have a wonderful day!

jbbm
12-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi Girls

It is snowing like crazy here. We may get up to ten inches by sometime tomorrow morning. I shoveled and by the time I got to the end of the driveway it didn't even look like I shoveled. But I am going to keep up with it so I can get some exercise in. I sent my son to school today so we will see if he makes it through. I wanted to get some Christmas shopping done but I don't think I am going to go driving around town and risk an accident. I had a half of grapefruit for breakfast and some coffee. The grapefruit was so sweet. I love it when they come in season. Check back later.

Noelle have fun at the concert tonight, I want to hear all about it!:hb:

angieME
12-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Julie, Is that snow supposed to hit me too? I know that we are supposed to get hit Friday night and Saturday...which makes me feel better about not being able to leave for Florida on Saturday like we should be doing!! :lol: I cant wait until next year to get everything squared around and go back to Florida. I didnt think I would miss it this much. How is your son doing this morning?

Cherie, I got your picture card this morning. It is a beautiful picture and the cards came out great. Thank you.

Noelle, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You did good this week with a nice loss. I bet that makes you feel great!! You definately are doing a great job. Have fun at your concert tonight.

Well, It is FREEZING here!!! They said the windchill got down to 20 below last night. :yikes: It is so cold and windy today. I wish Domino(stray kitty) would come around so he can hang out inside and stay warm. He is such an outdoor cat!!! I have tried so hard to force him to stay here but he wont, he likes to roam.

Well, Gotta get to work

PhotogirlTX
12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
hey everyone.. I was sick yesterday and today hannah has the stomach flu.. I'll be back later on when I get the chance...

Happy birthday Noelle! Hope you have a great one!!

Cherie

angieME
12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Hey Cherie, I hope you and Hanna feel better soon.

melekalikimaka
12-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi girls, thanks so much for the birthday wishes, they mean a lot to me :grouphug:

Well, I just finished my walk with Lucky. I do mornings on Mon/Wed since Michael has karate lessons in the evening. I had my drs. (ob/gyn) appt. yesterday and I had to get a biopsy done. Yuck! Ouch!!! But she did get me back on BCP so hopefully I will be back to normal soon. I have to go back in 3 weeks for another check. It made me kind of down though, having to take BCPs since that just about makes me realize that I may not have more kids. I know Michael is almost 7 and that's quite a huge age gap if I did have any more, but still, having to come to terms with that was a little difficult to say the least. I am still trying to get a handle on my emotions about it. I just want to have a normal, healthy body and am doing my best to get mine back. OK, enough crying from me....

Julie, sorry about your DS. Did he make it through the day OK? And that's too bad about the couch and carpet, but they can be cleaned right? :) I had to give Michael some Tylenol yesterday as well since he was a little warm, but I sent him to school today. He gets out at 11 anyway. Stay safe indoors instead of out on those icy roads.

Cherie, you and Hannah get better soon too OK?

I gotta get cleaned up and into the office soon. Have a good day girls :wave:

redballoon
12-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Happy Birthday, Noelle!!!! :woo:

melekalikimaka
12-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks Red! :encore: are ya feeling better today?

angieME
12-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Noelle, Have you recieved your birthday gift from me yet? They were supposed to email it to you yesterday.

Kempyd
12-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Happy Birthday Noelle. Is the concert tonight or was that last night? I am so bad at remembering things these days. I love the new avatar. Is Tommy picking his nose? I envy you wanting kinds so much. Joe is really ready right now and I still am not. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I see everyone else wanting them and then I can't figure out what is going on with me. I hope I am able to get over this.

Julie how is your baby today? That sure is alot of snow. We are rainy today. It isn't bad though just a nice day to stay home and inside. I am lucky b/c I don't have to clean today. We are having the work Christmas party here friday night and the cleaning lady is coming to clean Friday afternoon. How is that for timing. I love trading out with that lady.

Angie how are things going with Brit? You have lost what I am wanting to lose total. You have just dropped it all right off and I am still sitting right where I am. I really havn't tried yet though. I am just being so lazy. So, I can't complain when I see the pics of Chirstmas. You know I always tear myself up about those.

Red are you feeling better?

Dips the new pup must be keeping you busy.

Cal when are you guys out for the holidays?

Cheire you take care of that sweet baby. I guess this is the time of year for everyone to be sick. I am always pumping Joe and myself full of vitamins. I mean you name it and we probably take it. I figure if we have all of those in our sysytem germs don't have a chance.

I have finished my shopping all for a few gift cert. I can always get those at the last minute though so I am feeling pretty good about this year. I am giving a really good candle as the couples gift this year. It is called Circle E. I don't know if any of you have these but they are great. http://www.circleecandles.com/ We burn them at the shop and they have a burn time (the big ones at least) of 220 hours. Ans they smell great the whole time. I am a candle junky though. When I find one that I like I buy 3 or 4 of them.

Ok, I need to go fingure what I am going to eat for dinner. I'll check back later.

melekalikimaka
12-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks Kempy. I never thought I would want kids ever...but then I did and I wouldn't change it for the world. I never knew how much I could love someone until I had Michael. Not even Rick comes close (if that gives you some idea). I'm a candle junky myself. What fragrances do you order from Circle E? I'd be willing to try one if the scents are good. I'm still stuck on Partylite best burn barrel jars or their 3 wicks. I love candle scents, they're so comforting.

Angie, I have not seen any email yet...lost in cyberspace maybe? I hope my spam filter didn't eat it and I deleted by mistake.... I just checked again and still nothing. I'll let you know when an email shows up though.

Anywho, just trying to post here to keep my hands occupied. I still feel munchy.

BTW Kempy, that avatar? I think that's Nikki and I dunno if he's picking his nose :lol: If I run into them tonight I will ask :devil:

redballoon
12-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Kempy, Noelle, jbbm, others, hello! :wave: I am feeling much better and trying to get out today to see my horse. It will surely do good to see her. I have missed her so and know she is lonely. God, I hate that with animals you can't call them up and talk and they must have no idea where you are....

Kempyd
12-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Noelle I have tried the Partylies b4 but I felt that I had to sit on top of them to smell them. These I can only lite for a few hours at a time. (I burn a candle at work all day) I really like the new one Silver Bells. It smells like cranberries. I really like fruity smelling cadles. I looked to see if there was a store locator but I usually find them in little stores. We have tons of antique stores and a few of them sell gift items too. I have even seen them in a small pharmacy. I would check around in gift stores to see that way you don't have to pay shipping and you can smell tham all.

Red I love horses. I used to jump when I was younger. I have a prblem o fjust walking up to them when i see them b/c I love them so much. Just a little info, French Quarter police horses aren't really friendly. :lol:

redballoon
12-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Hurrah! I got to see my horse (and all the others and all the dogs) :goodvibes , gave her lots of hugs (and carrots, apples and brown sugar!) It was cold and the wind was icy. My lips are really hurting now but I feel great! Kempy, I'm just like you. I go up to ALL kinds of animals. :love: Like they say..."the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a (wo)man"...!!!! :) So, tell me your story with the French Quarter kids!

melekalikimaka
12-15-2005, 05:05 AM
:hyper: Ohmygawd! I'm just back from the Crue concert and it was so awesome!!! We had loge seats and I swear I was directly across from Tommy Lee. I don't know what the heck was happening with his hair...it looked like he either mohawked the sides again or maybe had it all teased up and had it tied back--it looked totally weird! Nikki Sixx on the other hand, he looked hot. Vince was fat (look at the pot calling the kettle black :s: ) but he sounded like Vince... Mick, was just great on his axe as usual. It was fun and the played A LOT of their old stuff from the Too Fast For Love and Shout at the :devil: albums. I lost my voice too from screaming so much. It was just a great freakin' birthday!!! They could've done without the topless girls parading around stage but they are the Crue. There's going to be a biker build-off on Saturday and the Crue bikes are supposed to be there. I hope Tommy is too. :lol: OK, enough drooling about Mr. Lee, I gotta go check on Rick and put my energies to better use ;) Chat w/ya ladies tomorrow!

angieME
12-15-2005, 11:26 AM
I am running behind today but I wanted to let you know Noelle that I cancelled the last gift for you and I got you a gift certificate to Amazon.com so it should be in your email today.
I will be back later.

jbbm
12-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Girls

Kind of a quick post from me here, I have to get ready to go to my son's holiday concert. He is feeling better except a nasty cough. We got quite alot of snow but it is 33 degrees and starting to melt. Crazy weather I tell ya.

Noelle I am so happy you had a great time on your birthday. And what is up with his hair? LOL Even though Vince changed at least he had the voice yet, haha....the topless girls must have been a sight. Doesn't surprise me though like you said. Hope you are not to tired today at work. I am sorry about you having to go on the bc pills. But you know what? You are taking control of your health and that is a positive thing to do. Don't ever give up on your dream of another child. You never know what God has planned for you. Hugs!

Kempy those candles look really nice. I think I would love the silver bells. I may just have to order one.

Red horses are great. I think just looking into to their eyes is so calming. They are gentle sweet animals.

Cherie, hope you are feeling better....and Hannah too. My daughter had a 101 temp last night. Sick season is here, blah! My sons teacher said kids in his class all ready have the flu! Say warm andCuddle with your puppy.

Hi everyone, check back later on today. Got to scoot!

Kempyd
12-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey guys. I left work to head to the store. I have to make a dip for the party tomorrow.

Red I havn't gotten into trouble in the Quarter. I just walked up to one of the horses like it was going to let me pet it. I forget that they are work horses and they really don't care for people. I got smacked in the face with it's tail. :D Glad you got to have some animal time. I swear sometimes I like animals better than humans. Is that bad?

Noelle I hope there were no young kids in the audience. I could have lived without the women too. I am glad you had fun though.

Julie I would look around for the candles too. i just hate for you guys to have to pay shipping if you don't have to. They are great though so I highly recommend them. I have a butter rum one that I am going to burn tomorrow night for the party.

Angie what's up today girl?

Cherie are you guys doing ok over there?

Dips come out to play!

melekalikimaka
12-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Hi girls. I finally got in to work today. Angie, the gift certificate was in my work email box all along....SORRY! :o I did get the Amazon.com one so thanks very much!!!! :hug: I was only checking from my home computer and forgot that you guys maybe had the work one as a default since I'm usually farting around online from work anyway. THANKS AGAIN!

Anyway, Michael is out of school for Xmas break as of today. He and Rick took their karate exams last night and it looks like they did a great job. One of Michael's classmates who trains at another dojo with the same sensei came over and took his exam as well. They should be getting another belt promotion ceremony on Monday. I had to take Michael to the doctor this morning since he was complaining of an earache. He has never had an ear infection before now. I knew it had to be hurting him though, because he mentioned it twice and he usually never complains about anything being painful. So I am waiting for the pharmacy to get his Rx ready....

Kempy, I got your MK catalog in the mail today. THanks! I'm going to go through it and see if anything catches my eye. Anything to help you out girl. :) It's kind of funny that you sent it too, because when I was getting my nails done at the salon two days ago, one of the stylists had the catalogs on display at her station. I was going to ask her for one but she was too busy with customers swarming around.

Julie, thanks for the support. I needed that. It's just that I feel like time is running out ya know? Although, my mom did have me when she was 38! :lol: Enjoy your sons concert and give your dd and ds a little extra TLC while they get better. Oh! And I'll try and take a pic of what I bought at the concert--thanks for the gift ;)

Red, glad you got to spend time with your horse. You know, this thread is really a bunch of animal lovers. We took my son to see the movie the Chronicles of Narnia and the animals could talk. One of the horses in the movie was being ridden by one of the main characters and when the boy wanted to stop he said "whoa horsie"...the horse then turned his head and said "My name is Phillip!" like he was all insulted like :lol:

Cherie, are you guys feeling much better today?

So Angie, how's your day going?

Dips and Cal, hope you're both doing well. Stop in when you can.

Have a good one ladies, I'll be back later on tonight. :wave:

melekalikimaka
12-15-2005, 06:22 PM
I got some good pictures of my b-day "gifts"...but I can't find the stupid USB cable to download the pics. :mad: Off to go hunting for the ever-elusive thingamajig that I need when I'm short of time...

angieME
12-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey girls!! How is everyone this week. I have been so busy that I havent had time to think straight. Brit is acting up again so we are stressing with her attitude. I am at my wits end and dont know what to do because I can keep my cool for only so long.

Our Christmas party is tomorrow so I have been trying to get everything in order for that. On the plus side, I am done shopping now.

I am so sad....We would have been leaving for Florida tomorrow morning if we had stuck to our schedule. BOOHOO!!! I want to go instead of stay home with this nice big snowstorm hitting us.

Cal, I got your gift today. THANK YOU!!! I love it. the scenery is so beautiful. I cant wait to go there someday.

angieME
12-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Julie, Is that your puppy? Did you get him yet? He is so sweet!!! The kids will love him!

melekalikimaka
12-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi girls, I did about 4+ miles this morning with Lucky. She's finally starting to get used to the leash. She's afraid of big cement trucks, leaf blowers, riding lawn mowers and weed whackers :lol: Other than that, she's doing great. I'm a bit tired because I was up at 3 a.m. with the dogs barking again. It was just the neighbor getting ready for work. Lucky hates them and barks at them any time they come outside. She doesn't bark at the other side neighbors at all though :lol:

Angie, don't know what to tell ya about Brit. Thankfully my 17 y.o. niece is sort of calming down--remember all the trouble she gave my sister? I still want to smack her every now and then though... what time does the party start and would you like me to bring anything? :lol:

So what are the rest of you up to? Come out and chat! :wave:

Kempyd
12-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey VERY quick post. All the girls form work are coming here for our pary so I will chat in the morning. I just wanted to say hi and Noelle I LOVE the gift. I am using the key chain already. I have shown everyone how cute it is. Thanks again.

redballoon
12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
I am feeling very left out with all the talk of gifts..... :cry: Just kidding. I know you guys are like family and have been writing for eons! I wish I weren't so busy and I could write more. It's very hard for me to respond to your posts because there is so much personal stuff I don't know about. Oh well. Heh, where is dips these days? cherie, are you still training for the marathon? Noelle, are all the Japanese gone yet? I forgot about the Honolulu. Yes, that is an annual ritual for the runners here and marathons are HUGE in Japan. You are really into MotCru, aren't you? I'm a rocker but they never did anything for me. They were here a lot, the one guy I think got all his tattoos in Tokyo. I can't believe they are still touring. Must be getting up there...but I don't mind. Barechested dancers...ah, well, gotta pull the crowd I suppose. It's rock 'n' roll...and I do love it. ;)

angieME
12-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Weigh Day! I lost 2.5 lbs this week....but I am sure to be bloated up for the next week after the party. :lol: Wow, I cant believe that I have actually started to lose this weight again. I still have alot to lose just to get back down to the weight I was when we all met the last time I had to lose but hey at least I keep trying right?
I will try to get back here after the party to do individual replies to everyone.

melekalikimaka
12-17-2005, 11:55 AM
:dancer: Go Angie:carrot: Go Angie :dancer: Wowzers, 20.5 lbs gone, that is SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! :cp: :high: :hug: Enjoy your party and remember, it's just food. :)

I've been getting into my mom's rum balls my self. That damn chocolatey, nutty, sugary, rummy goodness. They are evil I tell you, EVIL! :lol: I'm doing okay though, I've been walking a lot so I should be going in the right direction as far as weight goes :crossed:. I'm contemplating on whether to go and see those Motley Crue bikes or just finish up my Christmas shopping... we shall see.

Cal, I got your gift yesterday. Love the calendar, thank you! It's gonna replace last years one :) I love that AZ has such varied scenery. I would love to do a road trip one day. Maybe start from AZ then pick everyone up along the way. Cherie in OK, Kempy in LA, Julie in WI, Dips in NY and finally Angie in ME. That would be something.

Red, don't feel left out. Here's a :hug: and a :gift: ;). We're happy you can come here and chat with us. You bring a new and different perspective on things that makes you very interesting. If you PM me your mailing address I would gladly send you a card and maybe a little something from HI. Yes, the Crue were very popular in my middle and high school days. I believe both Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee have gotten inked in Japan. When I was younger I even wanted to get a Mighty Mouse tatt like Tommy :rolleyes:. Thank gawd I've grown out of that!

Kempy, did you see that new commercial on TV where a family is coming over to one house for Christmas and they each have a yellow lab puppy? Everytime they open the door someone says, "it's brother", or "sister's here". You think they're talking about the people arriving, but actually it's the dogs. So cute. When the people sit down for dinner, all the pups are lined up at their bowls eating too. That just totally made me think of Echo's pups.

Dips, where ya hiding at? Did ya get the gift I sent you? Just making sure that the post office didn't lose it in the middle of this holiday mayhem.

Cherie, are you and Hannah feeling much better? Hope you have a great weekend.

Julie, got any plans for the weekend? Enjoy it!

I gotta get moving and start my day. Chat later.

melekalikimaka
12-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Brrrrrr!!!! It's 66 degrees this morning. I'm freezing my @ss. :shocksn:

calnative
12-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Hello everyone,

I can't believe how busy I've been. We have one more week of school; our last day isn't until Dec 23. The kids have been just crazy. We do have different activities planned for the next week that should help them get rid of some of that energy.

I hope everyone likes the gifts. Unfortunately, with a teacher's salary, my choices to send are limited, but I will try to make up for it next summer.
My BIL has started going over with us what colors we should paint our house. Unfortunately, he can't do the Venetian plaster because he can't find the materials he needs here. What he has found is much more expensive than in Italy. At least we get the house painted. I'm glad for that.

We spent last week with the plumbers here because of a water leak that they couldn't find. It only took 8 holes cut in walls and the ceiling to find it. We were lucky because the builder is paying for everything. Turns out there was a nail in one of the water pipes behind the upstairs shower. They will replace the carpet in Ashley's room and, if they can't get the colors to match, they will repaint the outside of the house. They said that because they had to go through the outside wall and stucco to find the leak and when they repair the hole, the paint colors may be very noticeable; if it is they will repaint the house. Alberto was very insistant that everything be repaired and replaced to his satisfaction. I'm glad he's taking care of everything.

I made the mistake of going to the mall yesterday. :shocksn: I knew it would be crowded, but...that's one mistake I don't think I'll make again.

Sorry I can't answer individual posts. After this week I'll have more time. After, of course, we get back from CA.

Hope everyone is doing well, getting over illnesses, enjoying kids (while teachers enjoy their break :D ), doing last minute shopping, etc...etc...etc...

Cal

melekalikimaka
12-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi girls, how's your Sunday going? I'm just cruising at home doing the laundry and such. I sent Rick out with Michael to finish up his Christmas shopping, he still has to get something for his sister, and then there's me of course ;) The motorcyle build-off was pretty neat. The sucky thing though about being on this tiny island is that if you go to enough shows, it's all the same bikes :rolleyes:. I did get to see Vince Neil's bike and Ozzy Osbourne's bike. Very cool. Vince's gas tank has a heart painted on it with a cross going through with the name "Skylar", his daughter that died a while back. And Ozzy's....his gas tank is shaped like a cross and the rear fender has a flying V Randy Rhoads guitar, complete with polka dots, toggle switches and volume controls. Just awesome. None of the Crue were at the show though, it's just as well because there probably would've been a riot :lol:

Cal, I can believe your plumber's story about cutting holes all over the place to find a sneaky leak. I'm glad they found it though. You'd be surprised at how contractors can screw up a plumbers work. I'm also glad that your builder is going to foot the bill for the repairs.

Angie, how was your party yesterday?

Have a good Sunday girls.

angieME
12-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi! The Christmas party was fun. I have a 1 1/2 pound bloatation because of it but I am right back on track and am hopeful that will leave by tomorrow. I am really happy with myself because I think this is the first time I have ever eaten more than I should have and then got right back to eating right right afterwards....usually it takes another week of bad eating before I do it. :lol: Alicia's boyfriend came over and he is so sweet. He wanted to spend the night so we let him(he slept in Coreys room) . We all got gift cards to Walmart so after everyone left we went shopping. We gave Philip(Alicias boyfriend) some money to spend on himself since the kids had money and he bought her a necklace that says I Love You on it. Isnt that sweet? :lol: Why, Why, Why cant Brit like the good boys???? :lol:

We bought an old snowmobile for the kids for Christmas and we gave it to them yesterday. They loved it and have been riding it in the backyard ever since.

We got tons of itunes gift cards so we did those all day yesterday. I should have some good music for my ipod now. hehe

I made the broccoli dip from the light and tasty magazine for the party and it was so good. You should all try that recipe.Everyone loved it.

Well, not much going on here today. Just working out and work. I am so heartbroken this week because I should be in Florida right now. WAHH!!WAHH!!

jbbm
12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi Girls

Angie glad you had a nice party....don't you worry about those little bit of a gain. It will be gone before you know it! I went to a party yesterday and saw my step-grandparents and aunts and uncles....oh boy was there the food. I gave in a little. But back on track today too. I had a grapefruit for breakfast.

Cal I love the gifts! Thank you! The calendar is so so beautiful. I hope to get out west sometime. I hope this week goes by fast for you and break is here before you know it. I hope you paint job turns out just the way you want it.

Noelle don't you worry about those rum balls. You and Angie are my inspiration to keep on going! You are keeping up with your walking and that is great!

Okay girls my the several days have been just plain crazy since we got the dog. She will be four months on Christmas. We are starting to second guess if we made the right choice. But my son loves the dog. She is just so active but my FIL wants to take her here and there to do some bird hunting. She is peeing in the house. The guy we bought her from said she was potty trained! We are using a crate and everytime she comes out we take her outside. I don't know? Does it get easier? I was kind of in tears about it. It was proabally the pms I had kicking in but now that TOM came hopefully I get my mind back,LOL. Plus I am just overwhelmed with the holidays. My Dad is kind of bossy and called me and basically told me what I was going to be doing on Christmas eve, seeing his brothers an hour away. I am sorry for the rant girls. I am really am, but I am stressed and I hate being this way around the Holidays. I hope I didn't bring anyone down, everyone is so upbeat. Chat later on. Bye for now.

PhotogirlTX
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Hello everyone! :-) Merry Christmas a wee bit early! This month has just been hectic! I'm at work right now, watching the snow fall... we are not getting very much, but it's really pretty as it's happening.

Julie (((((HUGS))))) I am sorry you are feeling so stressed. The holidays and a new puppy to boot. It will get easier. I know my puppy is having some accidents in the house, and that is when I am not watching her. A lab is very hyper... but they are great dogs. Just give her a little more time. You might have to do what I do.. when you or your hubby isn't personally watching the dog.. place her back into her crate. Put the crate where the dog can feel included in what is going on, but put her in the crate when you can't have her right next to you. Keep her on a schedule taking her out.. and make sure you really praise her for doing the right thing outside. It will get easier. Oh, and I got your candle.. and I've been burning something in it all weekend. It's great.. thank you so much!

Angie.. CONGRATS on the weight loss! You are so amazing and doing so well! And what a gift for the kids... I think snowmobiling would be so much fun! I'm sorry you are not in florida right now.. it's just raining there... :D You are not missing much. Go out and have fun in the snow!!

Cal.. My girls don't get out of school til the 23rd as well.. I hope you have a restful holiday. :-) Thank you for the calendar and pot holder.. that is so cool. I love seeing things from other parts of the US. :-)

Noelle.... it's 27 degrees here and snowing!!!! :-) now that is BRRRRRRRRRR But I am actually really enjoying it.. I don't mind the cold if I can see the snow!!! I am so glad you had a great birthday.. the concert sounded awesome...

Red... I'm so sorry you are feeling left out... ((((HUGS)))) I do hope you have a Merry Christmas! I am still planning on running in the half marathon, as for training.. nada. Once I get back from skiing next week, I'll be buckling down and working. This month has ust been too crazy for me to do that.

Kempy... how did your party go?? Hope you are doing OK!

Well... I am here at work.. 4 days this week, and so much to do. I may not have time to post again til after the ski trip.. so if I don't.. I haven't forgotten about you all.... and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season these next two weeks.

OK.. I better get busy here.... I'll talk to you all very soon!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! :clause:

PhotogirlTX
12-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Oh, and Julie... you might do this while you have the dog out. Put her on a leash, and attach the leash to your waist. Make her stay with you throughout the day. It's a bit of a pain for you, however, you will always be aware of where she is and what she is doing. Feed her twice a day... keep her on schedule.. and do as I said before, put her in her crate everytime you can't watch her. She WILL get better. You will need to make sure she gets out everyday for a walk/run and playing for about an hour a day.. this will give her the exercise she needs so hopefully she won't be so hyper inside.

Good luck with her!

Cherie

angieME
12-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi. Julie, yep, it will get better. Do you have a spot remover carpet machine? If not I recommend you get one so the peeing wont bother you so much. I usually take paper towels and blot it until the carpet is all dry feeling then wash it. This way you get almost all the pee out before you saturate it with water. It will take some time to get her on the schedule you want but she will get it. She is probably a little nervous herself being in a new house with a new family and all too. Dont let it stress you out because she will get it.

Cherie, Where are you going skiing? Have fun.

Noelle, MMMM Rumballs!!! My mom used to make them and I remember eating so many of them. I know I am in such a snacky mood because it is so close to Christmas and for the last 33 years all I have done is overeat so it is now habit. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
12-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Angie.. I am going on the 26th through th 30th to Wolf Creek near Pagosa Springs, CO. This will be my third winter skiing.. and I can't wait. However, this time, instead of going with a group of friends, it's just Alan and I .. AND he is bringing the boys. I hope it goes well. In the three and a half years that we have been dating, I have only seen the boys TWICE... sorta.

Two years ago Thanksgiving, I got to spend a couple of hours in the same room with them watching a movie... and then a few months ago, I got to spend a few hours with Preston, the youngest when I took the girls to the track to see Alan. This will be a HUGE step for Alan..... he says he is protecting me from teenage boys.. hahaha... the hopes they act right. We will see. Anyway.. I can't wait. This Friday, I am driving the girls down to Texas, where we will spend the weekend with Steven's dad and stepmom and family. I am a little nervous about that since I haven't been to their house in about 4 years, AND I don't have Steven around to be the buffer. The girls are really excited though, and I am happy that they still consider me family. It will be nice. Sunday, I drive the girls to Natalie's house and then I drive home.. only to get up early Monday and take off for Colorado!

We come home on Friday the 30th... Saturday the 31st Alan is having a NYE party and Sunday the 1st I go and pick the girls back up.... so I will be really busy for the next two weeks!

And rumballs... YUM.. can I have some of those NOW?????

jbbm
12-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks Cherie and Angie....she is a great dog and I know she will get it. Great tip about the leash Cherie! I will tell my husband about it. I guess it isn't the pup getting to me, maybe just Holiday stress. Thanks for listening to me girls. You guys are great friends! It is nice to know I can lean on you all for support. I will try not to be such a downer and just relax and remember what the Christmas season is all about!:)
Off to the store!

jbbm
12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh don't want to forget to say Bye and Merry Christmas Cherie if you are not able to check back this week. Have a great time with Alan. Have fun!

angieME
12-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Cherie, That sounds like a fun trip. I hope you all have a great time. I live in Maine and I have NEVER been skiing. :lol: The kids used to go once a week when they were in the fifth grade.

And If I dont hear from you before you leave I hope you have a safe trip and Merry Christmas.

angieME
12-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Good Morning!! Wow, Where the heck is everyone this week? It is so quiet in here. Well, Today I weighed myself and all the bloat from the Christmas party is gone so that made me happy. :lol:

It is FREEZING here today. BRRR!

I am so happy because we worked it to get Friday,Saturday and Sunday off (for the most part) this week so that will be nice. I am excited to have Jay open his gifts from me so I can see if he likes them.

Today is donut making day for the neighbors. I make extra donuts in the bakery and the kids run them around to all of our neighbors.

PhotogirlTX
12-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Good Morning! Its still snowing here.. but luckliy it's so light that it's melting by the time it hits the roads. By the end of this week, we will be back up to the 50's and 60's. So is Oklahoma weather!

Angie.. I can't believe you have never been skiing!!!! It's so much fun. This is my third year going.. so if I can learn when I am 36, you can learn too! You really should go and take a lesson.... its great! Oh.. and you give out doughnuts for Christmas? I bet all of your neighbors love you! YUM.. that sounds wonderful!

Julie.. how is the new puppy doing?

I am so unmotivated to work this week! Thursday is my last official workday for this year.... I'm ready to play for a while!

Well.... I guess I should try to get something done. I'll talk to you all soon!

Cherie

melekalikimaka
12-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Good morning ladies. I was feeling dizzy for almost half the day yesterday so I kind of just laid in bed. I didn't go to work anyway. I did get a walk in in the afternoon though. Then Michael and Rick got their new purple karate belts :dancer: I have my WW weigh-in today which I am crossing my fingers for. I will post results later. It's SO HARD to stay on track during the holidays ain't it? :mad: I'm so glad I have you guys to whine to though, it makes it a little bit easier. :lol: OK I have a little dilemma. I still have not gotten Rick anything for Christmas and I am drawing a blank. My problem is that everytime I think of something he mentioned wanting, he already has gone out and gotten it! How to stop a man from shopping??? Time is running out! Ideas on what you guys got your man?

Angie, I got the Light'n'Tasty magazine yesterday. I don't know what to try first! :hun: I will have to whip something up for Christmas even though... Man, I would not want to be one of your neighbors at this time of year--I wouldn't be able to resist eating all them donuts :lol:

Julie :hug: No stress! Remember that we can't be all things to all people, and most importantly, you can always smile sweetly and say "no". :D Enjoy the holidays. :xcheer: :snow4:

Cherie, when I think of skiing I get anxious imagining myself doing it. I think of me breaking a leg or myself crashing into a tree :lol: But that's just definitely me. You enjoy your time with Alan and his boys--and you'll be burning loads of calories at the same time!

Kempy, how was your party weekend?

Cal, just a few more days of school! :dance:

Dips, where ya hiding at?

Red, I am mailing a card out today. I'd like to see how long it takes to get to you.

Well, gotta get moving and get my butt in to work. Be back to chat later. :wave:

angieME
12-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Cherie, I have been giving out donuts at Christmas ever since we have lived here. My bakery kitchen is in my backyard and all year the neighbors will always tell us how good the donuts smell cooking. The neighbor at the top of our hill works at the bottom of the hill in the mill and he says that everyoine at the mill can smell them cooking when they go outside for breaks. :lol:

Noelle, I bought Jay every chrome flame item I could find for the pick up. :lol: I know he will like it. I also got him a bunch of marshmallow candies from Valomilk that he saw on the Food Network and commented on. I know those will make him happy.

I know what you mean about having a hard time this time of year. I actually sat here yesterday and ate 3 Hershey kisses before I even realized that I was doing it. Luckily I laid off them for the night but I cant guarantee how the rest of the week will go. I have been having Christmas flashbacks. (just wanting to eat) :lol: Especially with 3 days off this weekend. I know I will be making mistakes but I plan to be totally back on track come Monday again. I think that is all we can do just make it a point to get right back to it. Are ya with me??

angieME
12-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Kempy, I meant to tell you too that I went to the Mary Kay websight right after you said you wanted to sell it and I ordered the sample of the microdermabrasion set and it came in last week. I love it. It is really expensive but....it made my skin feel so smooth. That is huge considering how dry my skin is at this time of year. I am going to order some I think.

melekalikimaka
12-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi girls... I just made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to have my knee(s) looked at. It was really hurting last night, to the point where I was limping around--my mom even offered me the use of her cane! :lol: She's done with therapy so she doesn't need it anymore. I hope they can give me some good news. I was just thinking, at age 34 my body is just screaming for me to do some healthy things, and so I'm trying, I really am.

Oh, I have to show you guys what Rick gave me for my birthday last week. I couldn't post it earlier because I couldn't find the cable for the camera.

It's a gold ring with square-cut garnet center stone (Michael's birthstone), and a double row of square-cut channel set citrines, and pave diamonds around the band. Can I work at QVC doing the descriptions? :lol: I don't know exactly what the parts of the ring are called or where they are (band, shank etc.) but I can tell you how they're set and cut ;) OK the picture isn't so great and it looks much better on the hand...but i love this ring.

melekalikimaka
12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Hey guys, I just emailed some pics of the dogs in their Christmas outfits....I FORGOT to resize them and the files are HUGE. Sorry! I hope I don't overload your servers :o

angieME
12-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Noelle, I love the pups pics!! They are all so cute...even though they look as happy as Rebel when I dress him up. :lol:

I LOVE the ring Rick gave you. What a sweetie pie he is! That is beautiful.

I hope you can get some good news on your knee. I can imagine how bad it hurts.

melekalikimaka
12-20-2005, 07:19 PM
:hohoho: I am back from my weigh-in and I am down 4 lbs this week!!! :carrot: Man, Christmas came early!!! I can't think of a better present to give myself than a healthier, lighter, happier me. I stepped on the scale and just said "ohmygawd!" :lol: I couldn't believe it. I did walk 6 out of 7 days this week, and I did eat out alot, but I guess with all this extra retail therapy exercise (shopping and lugging the bags around) I burned a whole lot of extra calories. I am so STOKED! :dance: I was just telling Rick this morning, if I knew it was gonna be this easy to lose 20 lbs I would've started SOONER! But whatevers..... I did it and I'm so proud of myself. :lol:

jbbm
12-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi Girls

Noelle what a ring! You know I have not really got my husband anything yet either. I guess I am buying for the rest of the family first, LOL. I might get him a couple of shirts and a home depot gift cert. Boring HUH? haha...
I hope everything turns out to be okay with your knee. I wonder if they would scope it or something? Might have to use Mom's cane in the meantime! Hope it feels better today. Cut doggie pics.

Angie I think you are right having a little treat for Christmas but the important part you said is getting right back on track.

Gotta run dh just came and wants to wrap presents. Sorry so short. Check back soon!

angieME
12-20-2005, 07:38 PM
WOOHOO NOELLE!!!!! :carrot: :cb: :elf: :hat: :cp: :bravo: You really are doing awesome! I am so proud of all the walking you have been doing too. I agree that is an awesome present to give yourself. You have inspired me to get through the night without cleaning out the fridge into my mouth too. :lol:

Dips'n'twists
12-20-2005, 09:02 PM
DAMN! The MTA went on strike in NYC and it's driving me CRAZY :crazy: I had to miss 2 of my finals today. They were rescheduled. I'm hoping that my friend is able to pick me up tomorrow so we can drive into the city. Getting back is gonna be a *****! My father had to hitch a ride back to long island because the LIRR got shut down. People are walking through the streets in droves. On top of that, I don't knwo if I'll make it to my parents house for x-mas eve or x-mas. I have no way to get there! I swear if it isn't one obstacle it's another. SO What's up with YA'LL :D

Noelle- You are so awesome. You are doing so well. I bet you are looking foxier everyday!

Angie- You continue to inspire me.

J- A Home Depot Gift Card spunds fabulous to me ;)

Kempy, Cal and Red, Hope your week is starting better than mine.

I gotta make some calls. I'll keep you posted.

jbbm
12-20-2005, 10:35 PM
WAY TO GO NOELLE!!!!:bravo: I guess those rum balls didn't do any damage! Great job! I am so PROUD of you! What a way to bring in the New Year. A healthier you!!!!:)

jbbm
12-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Dips I heard about the strike, what a terrible thing to happen. I hope you get to spend the holidays with you family.

GoodNight Girls

redballoon
12-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Hello, all! Just back from a trip into snow country for a PR article on a ski resort. It was up on the Japan Sea (well, right near it). I was up on the top of the slopes this morning (didn't ski myself) and they already had 4 meters of snow!
Now back in Tokyo.
Dips, I heard about the strike. Pictures on TV here too of course. People trudging across the Brooklyn Bridge and so. Hope it doesn't last long. You'll get some good exercise in though, eh?!?:dizzy:

And here...is a photo of where I was this morning...ocean and island of Sado are vaguely visible in the background in upper right...

On the right is a photo of Nozomi, one of my three...

Kempyd
12-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey guys. I have been really sick. So much for the vitamins. The party was great and we all had a great time. Did I mention that we were all going to wear PJ's? Even the guys wore them so it was alot of fun. I was sick as a dog when I got up Saturday and have been ever since. I am just now starting to feel human.

Cal thanks for the calender. I look forward to those each year.

HOLY SMOKES Anige and Noelle look at those weight losses. That is is, I am joining WW next week. You guys have already lost all that I want to lose and look how easy it was for you.

Julie Rhea took a little while to potty train but Echo was easy. It just depends on the dog. Also she could be a little freaked out b/c she is in a different home.

I don't want you guys to think that I want you to order anything from me. When I startedthe company gave me 15 free mail out so I sent them to all of you guys too. I just thought it would be fun for you to see what I sell. Please don't think I was doing to it to sell you something.

Ok, I am still not up to par so I am going to go lay down for a little bit. I will try to pop back on later.

angieME
12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Good Morning girls!!

Dips, I hope they can get the strike over with and you can get back to your routine and make it to your parents for Christmas. I cant even imagine how much that must disrupt a big city. We live in a small town of 1200 people so everyone here has to have a car. We dont even have 1 taxi. :lol: We are definately in the boonies.

Kempy, I hope you feel better before Christmas. What are you and Joe doing for Christmas this year? Are you guys going to California soon to see his Mom? A pajama party is such a neat idea. I bought my Mom a fuzzy nightgown and she asked if she could just wear it...I guess I will have to send her to one of your parties. :lol: She would love it.

Red, I love the pics. Your kittie is so cute. Is he a cuddler? I have 6 cats myself and I have 3 that are really big cuddlers. The rest are only on their terms. :lol: One of them wraps himself around my neck and likes to be carried around the house. :lol:

Noelle, Are you and Rick going to Vegas after Christmas this year?

Cherie, Have a fun trip.

Julie, How is the puppers doin?

Well, I got in my workout AND I didnt cave into all the temptations last night. I have a spaghetti sauce in the slowcooker for supper so today should go well.

PhotogirlTX
12-21-2005, 11:21 AM
:cp: Noelle... WTG GIRL!!!!! Woooooo HOOOOOO!!!! :cp: That is so awesome.. you and Angie.... WOW... you ladies are really doing a great job... in the mist of the holidays.... I bow down to thee :D

Julie... I am sure your hubby will love a home depot GC.... he can go get all that manly stuff they like! :-)

Red... you didn't ski????? Oh .. you missed out... and that picture.. it's just gorgeous!!!!! What a beautiful view! And your baby is very pretty too! :-)

Kempy... get better! So sorry you are sick... what a bummer.... I am fighting something off.. but so far, it's been OK.

Dips.. what a mess that is... I don't know what I would do without my car... I hope they get those workers back in their jobs before this weekend.. What a shame to mess up so many people's holiday. How is the baby doing?

Noelle... are you feeling better?

I wrapped about 3/4 of the girls gifts last night... and I'll finish up tonight. I got their stocking stuffers last night.. so my Christmas shopping is done. Now on to packing... not looking forward to that.

Tonight, I am taking the girls to a drive through Christmas Lights Display... and they are really looking forward to it. Right now.. I should really be working on payroll. I am such a procrastinator.

OK.. back to work.. :-)

melekalikimaka
12-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Good morning ladies. I'm up bright and early today, I have to get my payroll done then finish up some invoices. I see the doc for my knee this afternoon so I look forward to that too. Heh, I know I'm getting old when I look forward to seeing the doctors!

:hug: Dips, I saw on the news this guy getting super PO'd at a cop because the cop wouldn't let him get onto 96th street or something? He looked a little like Jerry Springer and I thought he was going to start throwing blows! That strike is such an upheaval for you New Yorkers. I really hope it gets resolved soon and that you do get to spend the holidays with your family. I feel for you girl. I also heard the transport workers union is getting fined $1M a day while on strike? Good! It's just not right to make people walk to work in freezing weather. I remember when HI had a bus workers strike--there was gridlock on the roads with all the extra cars on it. It would've been faster to walk anywhere.

Red, those pics are great! You were really up in the mountains weren't you? That's a beautiful shot. And your kitty looks so nice and content. He looks so smooth and sleek. What does Nozomi mean?

Angie, good job on not caving in to temptation and for already getting your work out in! :cp: I love exercising in the morning when it's nice and cool, then you just get it out of the way. Yes Rick and I are going to Vegas, next week Wednesday in fact! I had to take my razor blade and shave my soft-sided suitcase that the cats have been using as a scratching post. They frayed the **** out of the front corners. Crazy cats.

Kempy, tis the season for cold and flu :^: Get better soon! Hop on the weight-loss wagon, there's more room every day we stay on plan (since our butts get smaller, bwahahahahaha :lol: ) I wanted to buy one of those MK all-in-one type makeup sets, with the lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, etc... I need to figure out which color to choose. I will have to wait til after the new year but I will let you know what I want. Don't worry about feeling like a salesperson...I would rather buy from you than from someone local that I don't know at all.

Julie, thanks for the gift idea. I know Rick would love a GC from Home Depot. That's his idea of heaven :lol: I was also thinking about gift cards to restaurants that he frequents i.e. Subway, Genki Sushi, but to stay away from the bad ones like McD's, BK and the like. He's on a healthy kick too and has dropped 18 lbs in the last couple of months. How's your pup doing today? Are your kiddos out of school yet? I bet they are getting so excited with Christmas coming so soon.

Cherie, I know how the work piles up and the days fly by when you're working your way to a vacation. If you don't get a chance to post before you leave, HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS and a great vacation! :wave:

Hi Cal...is it almost over yet? (the school week that is) :lol:

Well, I gotta get a jump start on the day. Be safe ladies and have a good one.

angieME
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi, I had to come in and tell you that I think I may be in trouble tonight!! My neighbor just dropped off a baked Ziti for us for supper. It looks so good but I am sure it is loaded with fat. :yikes:

melekalikimaka
12-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Angie, load up on a salad or other veggies and just have a regular portion size of the ziti. Moderation and you can still enjoy. Oh but I know the perils of warm melted cheese :hun: You are doing so great, I know you will survive this, after all it is just food. And don't forget, you already got your workout in so you just built up some insurance to eat a little bit of extra calories. :)

I am at work now so I better get cracking.

Kempyd
12-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Man, am I slow today. I feel like an old woman. I got winded just from going to the store. I didn't even get that much stuff.

Cherie I am sure that I have told you this b4 but I can not ski to save my life. Joe swears that we are going to go back and try and this time I get a private lesson. I am thinking I can just sit in the lodge and drink something hot while he has fun. The idea of me crying again just isn't very appealing. :lol: Have fun though.

Anige I agree with Noelle eat tons of good stuff first. And, drink lots of water. I have been drinking more water with lemon these days and boy does it make you lose water weight. That lemon just flushes it right on out.

Dips that sucks up there. I watched the news about that today. They said that the workers can be fined along with the union for this. I think what they are doing sucks. One lady said that they get to retire at age 50 as it is right now so what in the world are they complaining about?

Noelle if you tell me some colors of things I can send you samples. I have tons of them and if I don't have them my SIL will. She is my director. That way you can play with them first instead of getting it and not really liking them once you get them. It is so fun having all of the stuff here. It is kind of a bad thing though. I can just walk in the other room and get whatever colors I want. I sewar this is the most makeup I have ever owned in my life. :D

redballoon
12-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks, those of you who commented on the photos. Cherie, I can't really ski and wasn't allowed to do anything at the resort, except use the bath, which I didn't. Was too tired after the trip up there.

angie, you have six cats?!?! Wow! angie, Noelle, thee cat is a "she." She's very strange, uncannily smart, not a cuddler but wants to be near me. I found her starving in a park but came up to me and wouldn't leave me be. I named her "Nozomi" because it means "hope," or "wish" and it was in tribute to whatever it was that kept her going, some hope of being taken in and cared for or something. It was all she had as she probably would have died very soon after if I hadn't put her in my backpack, turned away and brought her back home and then went to work.

Kempy, please get well soon!! Dips, you got your walking boots on?! jbbm, cal how's it going?

Sorry, no time to write now. :wave:

melekalikimaka
12-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi girls, well I got to see the Orthopedic surgeon today, he manipulated my knee this way and that, then says it could be a meniscus tear (most likely) or a problem with my knee cap. He referred me for an MRI on Friday, so no resolution or diagnosis until after the new year...in the meantime what to do? I have to just rest my knee until I get the results back. A torn meniscus means surgery (yikes!) but if it's just the knee cap, then that would mean therapy. I'm hoping for just the therapy thank you very much. *sigh* Now I think I'm just going to take my walks nice and easy and avoid the hills on my normal route :(. I am disappointed about that, but I just gotta keep moving and REALLY watch my food intake for the time being. Oh well, such is life. I WANNA GO TO VEGAS already...

Kempy, thanks for the offer. I will go through my catalog and PM you soon. :cb:

Red that is sweet about your foundling cat's name. I have 6 cats as well...they are all a bit strange, one is downright psycho which is the one I like best :lol: All of our cats save one are all around 10 years old or older--and they are all neutered so no more oopsies with more kittens. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
12-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Noelle.... I hope you only need therapy too.... knee surgery sucks... My ex had it.. and it was just bad. :-( keep it supported and bandaged tight and maybe that will help it until you can get it fixed. I forgot to tell you I thought your doggie pictures were adorable. They looked like they did not want to be doing that at all... poor things :D How we torment our young. :D

Red.. that's a shame you couldn't do anything at the resort... I just learned to ski two years ago.. and it's soooooo much fun... seriously... I can't wait til next week!

Kempy.. I hope you start feeling better soon..... I have a case of the coughs in my chest and that is driving me crazy......

Angie.. how was the ziti??? YUM!!!

OK.. I am about to run my munchkins to bed.. we just got home from seeing the lights at the park... in an hour, When Harry Met Sally comes on.. so I am about to go curl up in bed to watch that!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Cherie

Dips'n'twists
12-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Today I worked a double shift because so many people couldn't make it in to work today. Sales are suffering all around the city (Save the yellow cabs :lol: ) I want to scream! I'm trying to be sympathetic toward the union but they picked an F'd up time to shut down the city. I don't know how I'm still standing. I am pooped. :faint:

Red- you're right about the excersise. That's the good part in all this. 30 blocks a day both ways is sure to slim me down some :D

Cherie- Hope you enjoyed the movie. I never did see "When Harry met Sally" I bet it's a real sappy one.

Angie- Don't sweat the ziti. No one can make it through a diet UNLESS they cheat a little. You'll be fine, you're on a roll!

Noelle- You're doing great as well. I wanna go to vegas! Take me with you pleeease.

Red- The pics are awesome!! Hope the weather isn't kicking you in the butt!

Okay, I have to go to bed early to get up early to be prepard for my 30 block treck! YAY Union (those rat *******s!) Actually I shouldn't say that. I really d sympathise with them. I hope they come to an agreement soon. With a 1M dollar fine and two days pay lost for each worker, nobody is winning. TTYL

angieME
12-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Good Morning!! The baked Ziti was awesome!! I ate about 1 cup of it and some garlic bread with string beans AND.... the scales were down 1 pound from yesterday so I guess I enjoyed it without hurting my diet. YEAH!!

I just got back from the vets for the pups shots, their licenses run out on new years so I had to get it done. I have determined that I will be leaving Candi(to keep Mickey company) and Mickey at the kennel next time we go on vacation. Mickey just doesnt like riding in the car and he gets anxious and whiney when he is around people. Last year he was pretty annoying with the barking at everything so I think for everyones sanity they will stay home next time but we will still bring Rebel because he is spoiled rotten and he loves to ride. :lol: I will miss them like crazy though!!

Cherie, I am glad you all enjoyed the lights. We went for a ride last night to see some too. I love it when people go all out on their houses.

Red, Yep 6....7 if you want to count the stray that comes around to warm up and eat all the food. :lol: I have tried to get him to adopt me but he just uses me for warmth and food. :lol: He likes to wander and plus I think the whole neighborhood feeds him etc. Mine are all neutered too. I hate the thought of adding to the cat overpopulation while there are so many homeless ones out there.

Well, Sorry to be so quick but I really need to get some work done.

melekalikimaka
12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi girls, just popping in quickly...I am super busy today. I screwed up something on my last payroll of the year and it affected my own paycheck and am trying to figure out how to fix it with the accountant. I hate end of year stuff! Gawd can you say stress? :stress: On top of that I have to run some checks clear out to the other end of town since I don't trust that the mail will get there in time....my fault though, I am SUCH a procrastinator. Enough whining.

Angie, glad you could enjoy your ziti. That sounds so good right now. I am dreaming about what I will eat for lunch. My wallet is empty so I guess i'll have to rely on what's in the fridge at home. Did you guys ever pick up a new RV or something to go on vacation with? You will be so slim and svelte by this time next year :yes: I was joking around with my sister that by this time next year I will be ready to go to Thailand for my tummy tuck and boob job :lol:. They have some really good plastic surgeons there (with all the sex changes, boob jobs and face jobs they do). And if I need a 6 week recovery period before I can leave, then I have 6 sisters who can fly in a week at a time to keep me company. :lol: Just joking about it of course, but wouldn't that be nice? Their prices are less than 50% than US ones.

DIps, I am hoping you can get back to your normal transportation by tomorrow morning :crossed: so says the news... you will have gotten some major cardio in by then. Can you fit into a 36" rolling duffel bag? (I could sneak you to Vegas with me ;) )

Cherie, last day at work before vacation right? Hope that cough goes away and you have the best time on the slopes. I don't want surgery neither. :no:

Julie, Kempy, Red and Cal, how's your day going so far? Have a great one.

melekalikimaka
12-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Angie, I just ordered a Cosmopolitan magazine subscription with the Amazon.com gift certificate. Thanks! I don't normally read Cosmo but I do grab it when I'm traveling on an airplane...can't wait to take one of those silly quizzes to see if I'm good in bed :devil: :rofl:

angieME
12-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi guys!!! Mickey had an allergic reaction to his shots last night. We got home from grocery shopping and his whole muzzle was swollen. I checked on the internet and then called the vet who said to give him some Benadryl and if it got worse then bring him in. Well, after the Benadryl kicked in he started panting and freaking out so we had to run him over to the vets who gave him an antihistamine shot and also some sleepy meds so he would be able to calm down and rest. Poor little guy! I was so scared. I am going to be a wreck when his shots are due again. Have any of you ever had that happen?

Noelle, No we havent bought a new RV yet. We figured we would wait until next year and then get one instead of paying the high payments all winter. I may not even buy one this year because I found a nice beach house to rent in St. Augustine so I might just do that this year so I will be sleeping right beside the ocean. The campground we usually stay at isnt right on the beach so we have a little walk to get there. So the house would be nice to try.

Dips, I am so happy the strike is over for you. I was so sad thinking that you wouldnt make it to your parents for Christmas. YEAH!! Now you can. Have fun

Kempyd
12-23-2005, 03:26 PM
I know that we are all getting ready for Christmas but I wanted you all to know that I am greatful to have such a great group of woemn to call me friends. I wish I was able to spend the holidays with you guys too. I am heading out soon to be with the family and I hope to be back chatting soon. If I can't get back here have great Chirstmas everybody!

melekalikimaka
12-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi girls, I am heading to the grocery store for some ingredients to make chocolate gingerbread cookies. As I was getting ready for work this morning, Michael comes knocking on my bedroom door. I had the TV on and couldn't hear him at first, but then I heard sniffling. :cry: He was sobbing because my sister (the Queen) and her daughter (the Princess :rolleyes: ) had eaten a gingerbread cookie man that he had made 2 nights ago. He was saving it for "Santa" and they didn't even ask if they could eat it, they just did. He was crying so hard he couldn't even talk. Now this boy is tough and he hardly EVER cries, so I felt so bad for him. It was a little silly, but I know he still believes in Santa and felt like he wouldn't be able to give Santa a 3/4 eaten cookie :lol: SO here I am with my recipe and grocery list and we will be making cookies tonight. :)

:hug: Angie, that must have been so scary for you. Is Mickey doing good now? Poor little guy. That beach house idea sounds great! Plus you guys have that nice truck to get you to the beach.

Dips, I know you are busy at work right now, but I am happy too that you are able to get to your parents' place for Christmas. :hohoho:

Kempy, you know I feel the same way about you guys too. You guys are awesome.

Julie, hope you aren't feeling torn in too many directions. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy the time with your family.

Well everyone, I know tomorrow will be a bit hectic, but I do hope I will be able to get online at least for a little while to wish you all a GREAT CHRISTMAS and Happy Holidays. Stay safe and enjoy it! :wave:

angieME
12-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Well, Today is my last weigh day for my first goal and I lost another 1.5 pounds so my grand total lost was 22 pounds. It feels great. I am going to eat what I like for today and tomorrow but then I am back on it and I will come up with a new goal for Now until Valentines Day Monday.

Kempy, Have a great Christmas and I feel the same way about you all too. I love you guys!! :hug:

Noelle, I hope you and Michael got your cookies for santa cooked. Poor little guy. He must be so excited for Christmas now.

Today we are going to take the kids to my in laws house so that we can all slide in their back yard as a family. It will be so much fun. I havent gone sliding in so long. :lol: :coolsnow: :snow4:

Mickey is okay now but I will be so nervous the next time he needs shots.

melekalikimaka
12-24-2005, 11:35 AM
:hug: :jig: :bravo: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :high: :hyper: :yes: :cheers: :cheer: :elf:
Way to go Angie!!!
You've made losing weight through the holidays seem easy ;) and BEATING your goal~~ WOO HOO!!! I'm so proud of you and glad that you shared your progress here. You rock girlfriend :D

melekalikimaka
12-24-2005, 11:55 AM
:wreath: :candy: :tree: :xcheer: :snowglo: :present: :ginger:
MERR Y
CHRISTMAS

Angie, Cal, Cherie, Dips, Holly, Julie, Kempy, Red
You are a great group of women and I am so blessed to know you all. Have a wonderful weekend and please be safe out there.

jbbm
12-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi girls I am about to get the presents under the tree on this Christmas Eve. We just set out the cookies and carrots for santa and the reindeer. I have a local Christmas mass on tv. It has been a great Christmas Eve. I hope you all had a nice one and tomorrow on Christmas Day you spend it with the ones you love!

I am so thankful for the gift of friendship that we all share. Love you girls!

:clause: Merry Christmas to you all!

angieME
12-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Good Morning girls!! I hope everyone has had a great Christmas so far!!:snowglo: :present: :rudolph: :clause: :coolsnow: :shocksn: :snow4:

I got my ipod and a tv for in the kitchen and a hand mixer and perfume. The kids got me jewelry and Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I had a nice morning. Yesterday we took the kids sliding and that was so fun and tiring. I built an X rated snowman for my inlaws. Lets just say he was hung well. :lol: :shocksn:

Well, I gotta go get cookin!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :hug:

PS: Brit says HI!!!!:wave:

angieME
12-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Good Morning girls!! Well, Christmas is over and I am back on track. I am doing another holiday goal for Valentines Day of 15 pounds. Lets see if I can do it.

I love my ipod.Setting it up and the twins up only took 11 hours!!! :lol: Jay hooked the tv up in the kitchen, it is a flat tv that hangs on the wall beside the fridge so when I am cooking supper I can still watch tv. :lol: I love it. He is so good!!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!

melekalikimaka
12-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Happy Day after Christmas *burp* Man! I am up 3 lbs of bloat from Saturday morning. Am I avoiding my WI tomorrow? I dunno yet...Yesterday we had king crab legs and a prime rib roast...not to mention all the gingerbread cookies we made and ate. They were SO GOOD! I got a recipe which used orange zest and they were delicious! Not low fat at all but I'm back on track today. I have to drink my water water water to flush myself out.

Angie you got some cool stuff. I got a new pair of running/walking shoes, some 5 lb hand weights and new socks from my husband. :lol: At least he's very practical yes? My sisters gave me great stuff from Thailand though, jewelry, designer bag knockoffs and some gift cards.

I will be tied up at work today, hopefully posting all the incoming payments and getting them to the bank. i hope not to work tomorrow so I can do a little laundry and get my bags packed. I have to spend some time with my baby as well since we will be leaving without him on Wednesday afternoon.

Have a great day everyone. Do tell what ya got for Christmas! :)

angieME
12-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Noelle, I am up 3 pounds of bloat as well. I guess I ate more than I should have but oh well, Just as long as we get back on track it is all good right?

Have fun in Vegas. I will be missing you while I am stuck here in a snowstorm. :lol:

melekalikimaka
12-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Darnit! I guess it's a Federal holiday since Christmas fell on a Sunday. It's like a ghost town in the area where I work. Luckily one of our guys is working on a car in the warehouse so I'm not alone. Rick is working in town and we have one other guy on the road. Oh well, I guess this one day that I am working when everyone else is not is to make up for the past 3 weeks of slacking off :lol:

Angie, I am hungry right now but i am concentrating on inputting my invoices and getting my checks ready for deposit tomorrow (the banks and post office are closed as well)... but I keep dreaming about what I am eating for lunch. I guess I'll throw a lean cuisine into the microwave or something, to stay away from the left over prime rib. There's so much fat congealed on the top it doesn't look appealing the day after anyway--yuck! Hey, we are pretty much striving for the same weight-loss goal for February, except I put my deadline as 2/25 which is my 11th anniversary. I'm pretty sure we can reach those goals since they seem pretty conservative at this point. When I reach my Feb goal I will finally be in one-derland again. Isn't that sad? I feel good though, that we're actually back on the right track again. Give me a high-five sister! :high:

calnative
12-26-2005, 10:27 PM
I can't believe it's all over already. We had a great time. Ashley was so excited with everything she got. Hubby felt bad that he didn't get me anything, but I reminded him that he's taking me to Paris next summer; I'll take that as a late Christmas present.
Yesterday afternoon we went to my brother's house and all the other brothers and sisters came over as well. It was chaos, but so much fun. After dinner we had our gift exchange then the adults had a white elephant exchange--it was a blast. Several people got together after that and played Disney Scene It game--what fun!! We were all there until after 8pm. By the way, the snacks that were out were veggie trays. There were some cookies, but I didn't have any of them...mainly the kiddos ate them. Can we say hyper!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: ...and there were 14 kiddos under the age of 12.
Today, we took it easy and got things ready for our trip to Calif tomorrow. My BIL painted some more today. The house is looking great. We have to get another ladder before he can paint the stairs. Unfortunately, he could not do the Venetian plaster because he couldn't get the supplies he wanted and he said that he needed much more time than he has here. Oh well, at least the rooms in the house are getting some color. I'll post pics after it's all done. He also mixed his own colors to create just the shades that he wanted. When you see the pics, keep in mind that he used only a brush because he doesn't like the rollers.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. Noelle--have fun in Vegas.
Talk to everyone after we get back. You girls are awesome and I truly feel blessed to know each and every one of you.

Cal

angieME
12-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Good Morning!!! Half the bloat left me last night. YEAH!!! I got to use my ipod for my workout yesterday and it helps so much! I put it on hard rock for the workout and I am actually pedalling harder and faster than normal.

My in laws are leaving for Florida tomorrow. They gave us about 2 days notice that they were going so now I am only getting half a paycheck for 2 weeks (since her bakery will be closed and not needing donuts) and my checkbook is short right now!!!! And to add insult to injury she decided to take my BIL (pothead) kids with them and not mine. She has NEVER taken my kids anywhere. She has however been practically raising those 2 and the princess. Mine get left out every time!! okay enough ranting from me.

Wow, It is gonna be so boring here for the rest of the week. Everybody is going to be gone. I hope you all have fun and I will miss you.

I gotta go workout.

melekalikimaka
12-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Good morning girls. I am trying to find the time to get everything done today...it's going to be tough and I'll probably miss some things but I couldn't not say Hi to you guys. :wave: Yesterday after dinner we meant to go back to the office (in the evening) but we ended up staying at an outlet mall for 3.5 hours! I bought 2 more pairs of shoes (just call me Imelda Marcos) and a leather backpack bag which I got for only $15 (reg. price was $55). The sales were really good (I was suckered into their marketing ploys yet again) and well, Rick and I just like to shop. I think even though it's going to eat time away from working, I am going to my WI today. I know I will show a gain instead of a loss, but I'm hoping this will galvanize me into trying to do my best while in Vegas. I will not go WILD on the food and gain 5lbs. Last week I was only 1.5 lbs away from my 10% loss goal...i have to fight hard to get there. **oooh, non-scale victory--I can fit back into my old leather jacket (the one I couldn't zip up or move my arms around in 20 lbs ago :lol: )

Angie, that is great that you love your iPod for working out. That sucks your inlaws will leave you in a lurch like that, and that they show favoritism on the other grandkids. You know I've probably said this before, but they (in-laws) probably have the opinion that those others are at a disadvantage compared to yours, and that they do those things to make up for what the other kids don't have--like good parents! :hug: kick me if I said too much.

Cal, we have a Harry Potter Scene It game here. We make so much noise while playing it. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas with the family, it sounded like so much fun. Enjoy your trip to California! :wave:

jbbm
12-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi Girls

It sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas. I got a couple of shirts, p.js, and some money from my mom. I think I may go buy an amish oak bench I have had my eye on. Oh my mom surprised me with a scrapbook of pictures and sayings from the time I was a baby to to now. I cried so hard. It was so sweet. She is not to crafty, haha....but it turned out great. Lets see....the kids got an endless amount of toys,LOL. Time to clean out the old ones! I have been letting myself eat what I want. But it is going to be buckle down time after the first of the year. I guess I don't want to feel deprived and overeat because that is what I usually do. So I think I am going to make a Valentines Goal too! And hold myself to it. I have to lose about 10 or so pounds to be around where I want to be. The dog is doing great. She is almost 100% potty trained. The breeder she was at already had bird trained her so we have thought about it and I think we will be sharing her with my fil since he wanted to get a pup in the Spring. He will hunt with her and will baby her;). Other than that my dh is off a couple of days this week and we are looking for an indoor water park to take the kids to. I wish we were in Disney right now.LOL.

Have a great trip Noelle! Have fun and relax! Good luck at your weigh in. Proud of you for everything. Thats funny we had a prime rib roast on Christmas too. YUM.

Cal your house sounds beautiful. I wish you could send him here! Can't wait to see pics. Have a great rest of vacation!

Angie I am sorry about the in-laws....I wish they were taking you and the kids. Bummer! Glad you are enjoying your ipod. Also love the idea of the mounted tv in the kitchen. I always wanted one while I am cooking too. Great job working out. I think I will drag myself out the door for a walk. The sun hasn't been out here probally in a week! Hope it is sunny by you!

I might not be around we are thinking of heading up north by my Dad for a couple days. Hi to everyone else!

angieME
12-27-2005, 02:04 PM
I know everyone is really busy getting ready for your trips but can you all say a prayer for Tinky my cat. He is the tiger one I found on a walk a few years ago. He is at the vets with a urinary blockage and the vet says he only has a 50% chance of surviving it. He says he may go into shock when they squeeze the baldder to get rid of the blockage and die on me. I am so nervous waiting for the call from them. I hope he makes it he is my baby. He likes to be carried on my shoulders like a shawl and he likes to be spun in my computer chair. He thinks he is one of the dogs too. I will miss him so much if he dies.

jbbm
12-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Angie, your poor kitty is in my prayers. I hope he is going to be okay. Hugs

melekalikimaka
12-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Angie, prayer sent! I hope he comes through just fine, he sounds like a sweetheart. Let us know what happens. :hug:

redballoon
12-27-2005, 04:01 PM
angie, Tinky is in my prayers! I hope he pulls through. :hug:

melekalikimaka
12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Egads! I came into my office this morning and found my 3-wick candle burning overnight!!! :flame: I know I always say I want to burn my office down but I don't really mean it...or do i? :s:

melekalikimaka
12-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Hi girls, I had to come by and share my latest drama...I got home from work around 5 today, planning on doing some last minute laundry and packing. Michael was in the bathroom w/my dad who was applying a compress to the back of his leg. Michael told me he had gotten cut from the gate while coming through. I looked at his leg and there was a nickle sized hole with some other scratches, and the blood was everywhere. Angie you would've fainted. I called his regular doctor and of course they were gone for the day. I did talk to the nurse who said to see if I could find the piece of missing skin/flesh. Yuck! I went outside and looked at the gate, didn't see anything. So I asked Michael again which gate...he took a long time responding but I looked over both metal gates on our property...nothing. So I put him in the car and take him over to the emergency room, about 10 minutes away. They had put 3 stitches in to close the wound. He was a trooper though and didn't cry, but he did yell a lot. Anyway, turns out, he was playing with the neighbor kid and decided to hop the fence to come home instead of going around the long way. So that should teach him a lesson! Man, I didn't really need this drama before I left, but I am so glad I was here to take care of him when it happened. Anyhoo, back to packing!

Angie, how's your kitty?

angieME
12-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Tinky passed away last night. I feel so guilty

melekalikimaka
12-28-2005, 11:50 AM
:grouphug: Angie, I'm so sorry about Tinky.

redballoon
12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh, angie, I'm so sorry about Tinky.. :cry: But, angie, why do you feel so guilty? Tell me. I have been through the same, I'm sure...maybe I can help...

melekalikimaka
12-28-2005, 03:24 PM
I am off to Vegas.... be back on Tuesday. :wave:

Oh yeah, and despite all those Christmas cookies, I was down 1.2 lbs yesterday :carrot: Hmmm, I'm sure I'll find those lbs at some buffet though :hun:

angieME
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM
hi. I would have written more this morning but my computer wouldnt type so I barely got that out. It has its stages of being in good working order.

I have had such a hard day. We are getting him cremated so I can keep him with me always. He was my little unique guy. He loved to be carried around the house on my shoulders, he would lay on my shoulders when I was on the computer but that was his way of telling me he wanted to be spun on the computer chair. He loved that so much. He would always come running to eat potatoes while I peeled them for supper. I dont know why he liked that but Fat cow(my other kitty likes them too) . He was just so special to me. I feel so guilty because maybe if I had noticed the signs sooner I could have saved him. :cry:

angieME
12-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Noelle, Have fun on your trip. I will miss you.

CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK!!!!!! :hug: :carrot: :bravo: I know how hard it is to lose weight during Christmas.

redballoon
12-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Yes, angie, I know how it is and I know how you feel about your cat. I'm so sorry for you. I had a cat last year who died in February. I came here, there was blood all over and he was lying dead in the door inside...which reminds me, I want to put flowers there...I think he had pneumonia and I didn't realize it. I knew he had bad lungs and a bad cold and I had planned to take him to the vet that night when I came home, but even then it would have been too late. I should have had him on antibiotics much earlier. I still feel bad about it, so much. He was special too. I found him in a pool of blood in the middle of the road, nearly unconscious. Took three weeks and intraveneous the entire time before he even started responding. I had him about three years. He came in blood. He left in blood. I feel so bad, that after he came so far...recovering from brain damage and a broken jaw that I wasn't there for him again when he needed me....tears coming hot and heavy now...damn....well, all I can say, is they have to go sometime...somehow...sometimes it's not pretty, sometimes it teaches us something. My first cat when I was a kid died of blockage. We hadn't know anything about cats and we didn't know the signs till it was too late. I have had many other cats after him and know those signs. He taught me that. I guess there's only so much we can do. I don't think you intentionally didn't help him sooner, right? not unless you had a good reason and thought it was still okay, that you had time. Hindsight is always so perfect...because hindisight is something that doesn't really exist. We can say, if, if, if, until we're blue in the face but it's utterly useless to do that! The most we can do is learn. We just have to learn from the past, not lay blame on ourselves because of it. You got that! You cheer up, ok? :hug:

angieME
12-29-2005, 07:24 PM
red, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. That is so sad. I am crying right along with you for yours as well as mine. This definately did teach me something. Now I know what to look for in the future in case this ever happens again. I have been reading up about urinary blockage on the web and he didnt show most of the signs until that morning. I just wish I had of know so I could save him. We found him and his sister while on a walk one morning. It had rained and frozen for several days before hand and he came running to try and cross the road when he spotted us(even though there were some truckers in the parking lot talking he came to us) He almost got run over trying to get to me and then I could hear his sister crying so I looked everywhere until I found her. She had frostbite on her paw. She died right before her first birthday, she got hit by a car. It was in an instant so I grieved but at least it was a quick death. He was in so much pain and that is what is killing me. That is what is making this so hard on me, because I thought I was in the right place at the right time kinda like I was meant to be their angel and then they died anyways.

Thank you for the kind words though, It has helped and consoled me more than I can ever say. You are a great friend.

redballoon
12-29-2005, 07:39 PM
...I thought I was in the right place at the right time kinda like I was meant to be their angel...

angie, you WERE their angel. You STILL are and now they are yours... :hug:

Here's my favorite poem for all the little (and big) furry loved ones I can't hug anymore...death is a part of life, not the end of it. It's a cycle, a continuous process. All the animals you have reached out to, for however long or brief, are thinking of you with love for the same love and compassion you showed them...NO pure gesture from the heart is ever for nought.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

Chin up, kid...

Kempyd
12-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Angie I wish I could be there to hug you right now but this is all I can send :hug: I still cry over the kitty that I lost over 3 years ago. I don't know if you remember that. You gave those cats lots of love when they probably would have been killed a few days after you saw them. Just remember that they gave you as much love as you gave them and now you will be able to give more love to other kitty's that need you. You and I really love animals (I think we all do) and that is something really special. They were brough into your life and you into theirs. I hope you feel a little better soon.

Red you are very good with words. Soemtimes I just never really know what to say to people. I feel that things that I write are kind of juvenille sometimes. How was your Christmas?

I got a Dyson for Christmas and vaccummed the whole house right away. I just love that thing. My mom gave us money and I am goind to take my half and join WW next Wednesday. I am really ready for that. I just feel so BLAH!

Cal and Noelle I hope you both have a great time I know that you will though.

Dips I got you gift and it was so cute. I can't wait to get the thing lite up. It is going to look nice on my desk. Thanks again.

Well, I need to blance the ol' check book and see if I can shop a little tomorrow. We have to go to a New Years party and of course I have gained to much weight so I need a new shirt to hide the gain. I hate fat!

angieME
12-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Red, Thank you for the poem. It is beautiful. I found a couple of others online too that I liked while looking for an urn for him. They are so sad but yet comforting at the same time.

Kempy, I do remember your kitties that you have lost. I have been crying every night in bed since he died. I am the type who lays awake in bed until like 2 and just thinks so it is hard to fall asleep right now. I am just so ready to cry at the drop of a hat lately and it sucks so bad. I am usually really good about keeping my cool when things like this happen but this time seems different.

Dips, I got your gift today. I was so surprised when he came out with a package because I knew I hadnt ordered anything new lately. Your gift was perfect for me because I actually have a few of those in my hutch. When I went to Florida last year I bought a couple and my mom has given me one for Christmas. I just love them. Plus they are so pretty all lit up. Thank you.

It is so cold and stormy here today. The wind will just about knock you over. I hate this kind of weather. But I shouldnt complain because we had some nice weather right before Christmas and we all got to get out and enjoy it.

Kempyd
12-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Well here I am wearing shorts and it is almost January. Does that make any sense? I didn't get another shirt for tomorrow. I figured I better just wear what I have. I will figure something out that will look ok. I am trying to get all of the info that I need to join WW next Wednesday. I am really ready to do something. I am just feeling so yuck right now.

Angie I wish I was up there with you right now. I want to be in the cold at least for a few days. I am a true southern girl though so I can't handle it for very long. I hope you are feeling better today.

I need to head back to the laundry we seem to have a huge pile of it.

angieME
12-31-2005, 08:20 AM
WEIGH DAY!!! I lost 3 pounds this week.

Kempy, I am jealous that you get to wear shorts. :lol: It is so COLD here. My hands cracked yesterday because it was so cold and blustery.

DeafinlySmart
12-31-2005, 08:54 AM
I just moved from Texas to Maryland. I found that the cold here is a dry cold most of the time and when it is 40 degrees outside (a temperature that would have me shaking in my shoes in Texas) is actually pleasant weather needing a jacket but nothing else special. It's only when it rains or gets humid that I start freezing my butt off. We've had a few snow spells already and that has been like magic for a southern girl. It is the powdery kind so I can brush it off my car in no time. The days it is wet in the air, I put on some long johns under my clothes. That has been the only extra purchase I've had to buy. Cool beans.

Dips'n'twists
12-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Hope you all liked your gifts. I waited till the last possible minute to mail them and that's why they were late. I'm lazy and I'm sorry :( Anyways, time to catch up.

Angie- I am so proud of you, through all of these trials of life you are still melting those ounds away just like I knew you could. I am so so sorry about Tinky, God rest his soul. No one is more dedicated to animals than you are. You have no reason to feel guilty because you gave him the best possible life. Glad you liked the gift. I feel special that I get to be a part of your household decor :D You are such a sweetheart, Angie. Keep up the good work. And like Red said, Chin up, and keep it up!

Kempy- I Love Love LOVED the cheese. It's all gone now but I used it with so many things. My mother, who visited last week, stole the mix. I didn't even notice until I thought to try it out. My mom loves Bayou food. I'm sure she'd enjoy it more than me. Thanks again. By the way, I'm hatin' on you just like Angie. I wanna wear my shorts too:mad: Good luck with WW. You'll do great!

Red- If you PM me your address, I got you a gift also. You were so thoughtful to send that poem to Angie. I just love your spirit. You are an awesome friend.

CAl- glad you had such a festive holiday. So did I. I'm thankful for you too. We are such an excellent group, aren't we.

Noelle- OH MY GOSH :eek: Not my precious boy! I want to hug him and give him a thousand kisses (Although he'd probably gag :lol: ) He's just so adorable, I hate the thought of him hurting himself. Anyways, it'll be an awesome battle scar which I'm sure he'll love to show to his buddies. Funny thing but guys see scars as badges of honor. I can just see him now ( "yeah when I was a kid I hopped the fence and took a nice chunk out of my leg. Had to get 3 stiches!!" ) BTW, YAY skinny jacket! It feels so good to fit your old stuff when you lose weight. You are smokin' girl! You are going to have a fabulous summer.

J- Hello love! Glad you and your precious kiddos had a wonderful christmas. I bet they have the coolest toys. Can I come over and play?? You too will enjoy fabulous weight loss with the new year. YAY FITNESS! ( I'm so giddy today)

Okay girls, the New year is all about enriching our lives. You guys have greatly enriched mine. I couldn't ask for a better group. We all have been there for eacother and it kills me that I haven't met any of you face to face but that is my resolution. To meet at least 1 of you face to face. I am also chalenging myself to be bikini-ready by spring! LETS DO IT!!

Kempyd
12-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey guys. Today is the big cleaning day. I am so amazed at how much this new vac. has cut my celaning time in half. I swear I will stop talking about it now. :lol:

DS what part of Texas are you from?

Dips I just loved that cheese. I bought the place out of the gators. I swear those packs of mix really help with cooking. I don't think I could make anything from scrath anymore. You will have to tell me how you mom liked it.

I hope all of you guys are doing great today. It is already Jan 1 over by you Red. Did you do anything fun? We are heading over to a few places tonight but thankfully they are all close to home. Two of the are right next door. No need to drive. The other one is about 1/2mile away.

Ok, back to cleaning. I was letting the floors dry b4 I started up again. I hope you all have a great New Year if I don't talk to you later. :wave:

calnative
12-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we got back yesterday afternoon. We had a great time in CA, but we didn't make it to Disneyland. I promised Ashley that we'll go back to go to Disneyland over MLK holiday. We did go to San Diego and most places around Southern CA. The first day was great, but I got sick after that and I am still sick. We got home at 2:30 yesterday and I got a Dr. appt for 3pm. I have a severe sinus infection and was put on antibiotics yesterday and I don't feel any better today. The medicine is strong; I had to take 2 pills yesterday then 1 pill a day for 4 days. I'm still running a low grade fever (last night it was 101), but it's mostly staying around 100. Obviously, we won't be partying tonight (Hubby has to work until 11:30 anyway). My sister was great because she took Ashley for me today so I could rest. I told her that was her birthday present to me. The best one I could have!!

Dips: Thank you so much for the gift. The mailman tried to deliver it on Thurs, but we weren't home. I picked it up today and told my husband that the timing was perfect because I got it on my b-day.

I'll post again later when I'm feeling better.

Happy New Year everyone!!!:newyear:

Cal

redballoon
12-31-2005, 08:33 PM
:woo: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
HAPPY 2006!!
The Year of the Dog!
:woo:

redballoon
01-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Well, I was able to get a good run in today, after recovering from last night. Got to the gym in time for a 6K run. Usually I do 5K but went for 6 for 2006! Gotta work tomorrow too so I won't be able to make it to the gym as they are on short hours for New Year's. I really hope I can whip this bod into shape this year.

cal -- Sure hope you're feeling better. Is Ashley your daughter?

Kempy -- Hi there! I worked last night on New Year's Eve. I worked day shift but hung around drinking in between deadlines with a guy on night shift. I was going to head home about 9:30, but then decided to go with him and his girlfriend and friends down to near where he lives near the beach down near Kamakura, which is southwest of Tokyo. We celebrated midnight in some bar, then went down to a beach bar with dancing to some like trance music, going hard steady. It was cold out but they had wood charcoal burning outside and it was nice sitting around it staying warm when the music inside got too much. Planned on watching the sunrise over the ocean but my friends all left around 4 a.m. and I needed to crash at their place, so went with them. As it turned out, it was an overcast morning so there was no nice sunrise, so I didn't miss anything. So, it was an interesting night.

As for my Christmas, I was working then too, but at the racetrack for a big race. That was good and after writing my story I met up with an owner I knew and he invited me out for some beers, so it was a good day. I don't mind working, just as long as it's a bit special.

And Kempyd, you are fine with words. I don't think you ever sound "juvenile" at all. So, how'd the cleaning go?

Dips -- Again, thank you so much for your kind offer! :spin:

Angie, jbbm, how are you all doing? DeafinlySmart, are you a new member of this thread? I don't think I've seen you before... Noelle, thanks again for the wonderful gift.

angieME
01-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey girls I started a new thread for the new month. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1059038#post1059038