Dieting with Obstacles - Anyone else on Prednisone?

View Full Version : Anyone else on Prednisone?

fitgal2
11-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey all

Just wanted to see if anyone else out there is on Prednisone? I have been taking it for the last 3 months and will be on it until June. Are you losing weight?

QuilterInVA
11-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm not on it now but have been in the past. It's a battle, but you can lose weight but very, very slowly while on it. I have severe asthma and when I need Prednisone, breathing is more important than losing.

Sparklez
11-30-2005, 06:02 PM
i had to take it one time for sinus treatment

made me feel great the first few days but after that, it didn't do anything for me

i heard it makes you gain weight

happytx
11-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I took it after a bout with pneumonia, it was needed, I did gain quite a bit of weight, and it was slow to lose, but I wont complain, I swear that stuff saved my life. God Luck and just watch what you eat, and all will be fine. :-)

fitgal2
11-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the info ladies.

I know right now I am on it for a very good reason and thats the important part. I don't like the MANY sideffects that come with it, weight gain, moon face, and loads of others. I know to watch salt intake, and to keep cals low, but I guess other than that I will just have to live with it for the time being...it temporary, at least I know that much!

Thanks again