100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (nov. 28-Dec. 4)

jillybean720
11-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Well, after 4 days of practically gorging myself with food, I won't bore you with explanations or excuses. I know I did poorly and had entirely toom nay calories for entirely too many days in a row, and I'm here now to fix it!

Today:

can of regular ginger ale
yogurt (though I only ate half of it--the expiration date is in December, but as I was eating, I looked down and saw a fuzzy patch in the container--EEW!!!)
Special K bar
reduced-sugar instant oatmeal
Health Choice smoked sausage (much like keilbasa) w/low-fat pierogiesTotal: about 1100 calories

Yogini
11-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Tsk Tsk! You KNOW that's not enough calories! ;) I personally have a tendency to "over compensate" by restricting too much when I fear I won;t lose that week...it's so silly! I had to MAKE myself eat yesterday because I wanted to stop when I had reached what ended up being only 500 calories! :o

I have actually decided to up my "minimum" daily calories to 1500 from 1200 to see how it goes. As long as I keep losing about 2 pounds a week, I'll be okay.

DishyFishy
11-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Ugh, that's yucky about the yogurt, jillybean! It's a heck of a way to save on kcals!

1500 kcals isn't an unreasonably high amount, Yogini. I was dropping an average of 2 pounds a week eating between 1500-1600, and figured when it slowed down, I'd still have leeway to drop the kcals further without having to starve myself. Heh, all I need to do now is get back to consistently eating within my limits, and with luck, the weight will start shifting again. :halffull:

I ate within my allowance yesterday, but still didn't really feel in control. I managed only a 15 minute walk, and that exhausted me. If I don't buck up soon I'm going to have to find myself a doctor and get checked out. :eek:

Mon 28/11:

340- 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
380- A & W Mama burger (no cheese)*; 500 ml water.
140- Starbuck's double tall half-sweet, FF, no-whip, gingerbread latte.
150- 1 cup home-made chicken & veggie soup; 500 ml water.
230- 40 g whole-wheat pita, 3 LC Party Cubes, 2 oz lean ham; 1 l water.
207- 40 g tuna (water-packed), 8 reduced salt Triscuits; 500 ml water.
80- cup 2% plain yogurt.
0- 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals=1527

*Totally not worth it, but I was caught short and it was one of the few things available for which I knew the nutritional info.

Exercise: 2.71 mile walk.

jillybean720
11-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Tsk Tsk! You KNOW that's not enough calories! ;)
Hehe, normally, I would agree with you completely that 1000-1100 is way too low for me, but having had 4 consecutive days of 2000+ (including a day of over 4000 :o ), I think I need a little realignment. A couple of low days will help me to balance out the high days and get me back to a semi-normal daily average for the week. I never restrict my calories so much for more than a few days at a time, and "starvation mode" takes at least a couple weeks to fully kick in, so I think I'll survive ;)

teahoney
11-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Well, I'll not bore you with how much I ate yesterday at a party and wound up having a tummy ache this morning. I'm so mad at myself. Today is a new day though and I'm back on track.

SuchAPrettyFace
11-28-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm not making any excuses either. Holidays are for enjoying your family & yourself. With all that homemade pasta & meatballs, I could've really gone wild. Hey, that sounds like a new DVD Series: Big Girls Gone Wild. Instead of flashing the camera, they would show me with a face full of food. :(

Anyhoo:

11/28
1 cup iced gingerbread flavored coffee, black

1/2 bottle water (250ML)
2 MSF breakfast patties
1 Natural Ovens onion bagel
1 wedge laughing cow lite french onion

1 small cup coffee/soy milk
2 tylenol (headache)

1 serving seedless black grapes
2 servings white meat turkey
1-2 servings cranberry stuffing, that I figured out my mom put apricots in too!
2 cups green tea w/lemon ginseng & peach tea

1-2 servings black grapes
2 sticks lowfat string cheese
1 serving (6 whole) low sodium triscuits

2 cups green tea w/mint

1 serving spaghetti w/meat sauce
1 slice garlic bread
1 serving fruit salad

Also, I set myself up to succeed w/the leftovers. I froze them so I can have Grama's sauce through out the winter. :) The meatballs too. That way I can thaw them one at a time. Otherwise it's too easy to go home tonight, watch MEDIUM & have a bowl of meatballs for dinner. :ink:

Also I gave my mother the cheddar & rosemary olive oil triscuits. If they're not in my apt, then I can't have them for dinner!

Sandi
11-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Good Morning All!!! I lost 2.6 lbs this week. :D I strayed on Thanksgiving but managed to get right back to business.

11/28/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
161 - 4 triscuits & 1 slice cheese
290 - Ham & cheese sandwich
67 - small apple
100 - soy crisps
490 - Chicken & rice
160 - 2 rolls
96 - butter
200 - 5 thin mint cookies
1774 - TOTAL

I have really been drinking too little water and getting no exercise, so I have set a goal this week to drink 72 oz. of water and get 100 min of exercise this week.

goalnorolls
11-29-2005, 07:31 AM
11/28/05

Weight control Oatmeal
Banana
Strawberry Yogurt
Pulled Pork on whole wheat
serving of potato chips
beans
brownie

Not nearly enough. I had a nice hearty soup in my bag for lunch but I didn't eat it. I'm at home today - I was actually gonna try and do an all liquid fast one day but knew I couldn't do it on monday, can't do it on my day off -I'll slip up, so I guess I will try for wed.

jillybean720
11-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Congrats on the awesome loss, Sandi!!! :carrot:

I ended up only around 950 calories yesterday (thanks to the yogurt incident!), and it looks to be about the same today:

Special K bar
ham w/glaze (a "heat and eat" entree by Tyson's) and 6 large pierogiesTotal: about 950 calories (to include bbq sauce for pierogies)--I planned out tomorrow's menu to be about 1275 calories, so no, I'm not starving myself ;)

newfiedarling
11-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Monday
Breakfast - coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr), banana, yogurt
Snack - figs, apple
Lunch - tuna on whole wheat crackers, apricots
Snack - apple, coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr)
Dinner - roast beef with green beans (butter added), baked tomato
Snack - carrot sticks
Calories ~ 1280

Exercise
Stretching/Aerobics - 50 mins
Treadmill - 15 mins
Abs - 10 mins

rabidstoat
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Posting for Monday. The motto of Monday (unfortunately, considering it's slightly true today too) is: "Mistakes were made."

Breakfast
Slice of pumpkin pie

Snack
Banana
1 oz peanuts
1 oz 2% fat cheddar cheese

Lunch
Shrimp creole with brown rice

Snack
Bag of Famous cookies (this is where it starts...)

Dinner
Double cheeseburger at McDonald's
Medium fries at McDonald's
Fruit and Yogurt parfait at McDonald's

Calories: 2200

Though, in retrospect, it wasn't horrible. I started out good-- until the 290 calorie bag of cookies. Then dinner was just pure cravings. BUT! Half the day was fairly healthy. I ate some fruit. I got vitamin A in the pumpkin (and it was low-fat and low-sugar). Lunch was healthy. And it used to be my 'night out' at McDonald's would be much worse -- double quarterpounder instead of a burger, and large fries, and then junk food at home for dessert. So... well, I'm already in today and it's not super, but, I think it's TOM cravings...

SuchAPrettyFace
11-29-2005, 12:57 PM
rabidstoat, I would not worry about it; you can't un-eat it, what's done is done. All you can do is make great choices today. :)

11/29

1 cup iced gingerbread coffee, black
1 Egg McMuffin, no ham
1/2 cup coffee
1/2 cup soy milk

I am about to eat:
2 cups green tea w/mint
6 triscuits (1 serving. they are low-sodium)
2 MSF breakfast patties
1 large can fruit, in its natural juices. but i am draining most of the juice. ;)

1 Lean Cuisine Mac & cheese meal
1 serving leftover white meat turkey
1 serving black grapes
1/2 cup fruit salad (black grapes, pomegranate seeds & pink grapefruit sections)

Ooooh, Dee, a baked tomato??? How do you make that?

DishyFishy
11-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Good job on the loss, Sandi! You're doing to so well!

I'm impressed that you gave away your Triscuits, SAPF. I will not eat any today in honour of your sacrifice! I really should scratch them from my shopping list too....

I wish I could remember how awful over-indulging makes me feel before I go OTT. You do right to put it behind you and move on, teahoney.

I'm curious as to the thinking behind the liquid fast, Liz. Is it like a de-tox type of thing?

You're doing really great on the food and exercise fronts, Dee. :high: I second the request for details of the baked tomato.

I've dropped 2 of the 6 pounds I gained, so I'm encouraged by that.

I came in at 1527 kcals yesterday, but I really struggled to survive the night without caving in to munchies. I always was a night-time snacker, but I thought I'd managed to put that behind me. It would seem not. :(

Tues 29/11:

196- 2 Cinnamon Toast Eggos; 500 ml coffee.
120- Tall FF latte.
0- 375 ml liquorice root & peppermint tea.
150- 1 cup home-made chicken & veggie soup; 500 ml water.
0- 250 ml green tea.
425- 106 g whole-grain bread (toasted), 12 LC Party Cubes, red cabbage, tomato; 1 l water.
640- 8 baked perogies, 4 oz chicken breast wrapped in a bacon slice and baked, steamed broccoli; 1 l water.

rabidstoat
11-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Okay, not the healthiest, but definitely more nutritious than I ever used to eat. Fruits! Vegetables! Protein! And a heaping lot of chocolate. Cravings, bigtime.

Breakfast
1 bite of oatmeal (I made it in a dish I hadn't rinsed thoroughly and it tasted of soap, blech!)
Morningstar breakfast patty
LF and sugar free yogurt
1 oz 2% sharp cheddar cheese

Snack
Kozy Shack 'no sugar added' chocolate pudding

Lunch
Healthy Choice barbecue chicken

Snack
Chocolate bar
1 oz peanuts

Dinner
BLT salad at Wendy's with LF honey mustard dressing (which is still pretty high in fat and calories!)
1 cup mandarin orange slices

No exercise. I'm just not able to motivate myself. I'm giving myself a week off.

Calories: About 1650

jillybean720
11-30-2005, 06:36 AM
I ended up not eating my oatmeal yesterday. To make up the calories, I had a small bowl of "light" ice cream last night after dinner :o I was still below 1000 calories for yesterday, though. Peeking at the scale this morning, I think my water weight from the holiday weekend is finally gone :carrot:

As for today:

Special K bar
2 turkey burgers w/swiss cheese on wheat buns
instant lo mein noodle side dishTotal: about 1075 calories. I will probably add a little more, though, so I'll update later as necessary :)

newfiedarling
11-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Tuesday
Breakfast - coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr), banana
Snack - figs, apple
Lunch - cheese sandwich on whole wheat with mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle
Snack - apple, carrots, whole wheat crackers
Dinner - pork tenderloin with green beans (butter added), baked tomato
Snack - figs, apple sauce
Calories ~ 1380

Exercise
Stretching/Aerobics - 45 mins
Treadmill - 15 mins
Upper Body - 15 mins

Sandi
11-30-2005, 09:12 AM
11/29/05
132 - Banana
400 - Turkey Ham Subway on wheat with LF Mayo
90 - 1/2 granola Bar
250 - Pita
141 - 3 oz. grilled chicken
0 - lettuce
140 - 1 cup ham & bean soup
1363 - TOTAL

Water: 72 oz.
Exercise: 20 min WATP

DishyFishy
11-30-2005, 11:09 AM
I came in at 1531 kcals yesterday, and even managed a 35 minute trudge through the snow. Okay, there wasn't that much snow, but it sure was cold!

SuchAPrettyFace
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Congrats on your trudge, Fishy!! :p

11/30

1 cup hazelnut coffee
1 cup chocolate soy milk

1 asiago cheese bagel (i chose the smallest one in the case!)
2-3 tbsp onion & chive cream cheese

1/2 cup coffee
1/2 cup regular soy milk

1 small piece cake (company's merger anniversary)
1 can Sprite (heartburn from excitement)

1 cobb salad
1 packet of ranch dressing
small bag of sour cream & onion tato chips IT SAID ON THE BAG NO TRANS FAT--THEN ON THE BACK ONE OF THE INGREDIENTS WAS HYDROGENATED OIL--HOW DOES THAT WORK???!?!?!?! :lol:

1 cup orange spice tea

1 cup portobella mushroom/roasted garlic soup
1/2 turkey artichoke panini samich
water w/lemon

rabidstoat
11-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Woot! Better nutrition day. Still bad with exercise but dinner tonight was amazing, worth the effort (which wasn't too insanely much anyway).

Breakfast
Instant oatmeal
Morningstar Breakfast patty

Snack
1.5 ounces turkey

Lunch
Lean Cuisine meal, stuffed pasta of some sort
Slice of pumpkin pie

Snack
Kiwi fruit

Dinner
Spicy thai peanut tilapia
Grilled veggies (all kinds, with olive oil drizzed over them and some marinade)
Red mashed potatoes

Calories: About 1350

newfiedarling
12-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Wednesday
Kinda had a bad eating day. Didn't go over calories (under actually) but I ate poorly and...didn't exercise
- coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr), tangerine, yogurt
- figs, carrot sticks
- roast beef sandwich
- imitation lobster
- potato chips, yogurt
Calories ~ 1090

Exercise
None

~Dee

jillybean720
12-01-2005, 08:51 AM
I added a smoothie last night (light french vanilla ice cream, skim milk, bananas, and peanut butter), so my calories for yesterday got bumped up to about 1700.

As for today, it's TOPS weigh-in tonight, so:

Special K bar
Subway 12" sweet onion chicken teriyaki on honey oat bread, 2 Subway cookiesTotal: about 1700 calories (plus continuing with TONS of water)

DishyFishy
12-01-2005, 10:23 AM
SAPF, years ago I was taught that Trans Fatty Acids were formed from the hydrogenation of all vegetable oils, but the advice I've read here is that it's only partially hydrogenated oils we need to worry about, and the only ones given the name "Trans Fat". Therefore, if the label on your crisps didn't contain the word "partially", apparently it can still be touted as free from Trans Fats.

I did okay yesterday on the food front, and even managed another 35 minute walk. Dropping 50 pounds has really made me feel the cold though. :lol: It was -14 yesterday; how will I cope when it's -35? :eek:

Weds 30/11:

256- 5 oz banana, 2 oz blueberries, cup 0% milk, cup 0% plain yogurt; 500 ml coffee.
180- 2 oz whole-grain bread (toasted), 1 tblsp. Phili Light; 500 ml water.
10- 1 tsp. reduced salt OXO in-a-Mug.
320- 3 oz salmon, 4 baked perogies, steamed broccoli; 1 l water.
10- 1 tsp. reduced salt OXO in-a-Mug.
210- 1 cups pineapple.
260- 4 baked perogies, 1 tblsp. sour cream, red cabbage; 500 ml water
70- 5 oz apple.
Extra Drinks: 750 ml water.

Total kcals: 1296 (plus free veggies)

Oh, and I should say I'm away off to Calgary later, so I won't be popping in here for a few days (no 'Net access).

SuchAPrettyFace
12-01-2005, 12:49 PM
SAPF, years ago I was taught that Trans Fatty Acids were formed from the hydrogenation of all vegetable oils, but the advice I've read here is that it's only partially hydrogenated oils we need to worry about, and the only ones given the name "Trans Fat". Therefore, if the label on your crisps didn't contain the word "partially", apparently it can still be touted as free from Trans Fats.I just know that if I eat a bag of ACT II microwave popcorn, or anything "hydrogenated", bad things happen. Thanks for your insight! And have a good time in Calgary!

12/1/05---World AIDS Day

1 cup black coffee w/ice & 1 packet Sweet & Low
1 HBP pill. ;)

1/2 corned beef & swiss on Jewish rye sammich (saving other half for lunch)
1 serving low sodium triscuits
nursing a bottle of water
nursing 1 cup green tea/1 cup peach tea
eyeing some baby carrots... ;)

It is after lunch. I have finished my water, I have finised my tea & even scrubbed out the mug! I have eaten:
1 serving baby carrots
other half corned beef sandwich w/a packet of Arby's Horsey Sauce added to it
1 can Campbell's Healthy Requests chicken noodle soup

I am contemplating another cup of tea, slight headache.

Young Jilly your smoothies always sound DELICIOUSSSS!!! :T

Sandi
12-01-2005, 01:00 PM
11/30/05
161 - 4 Triscuits & 1 slice of cheddar cheese
70 - 1 slice of Bread
25 - LF Mayo
140 - Chicken
140 - 1 cup Ham & bean soup
100 - soy crisps
174 - 1 cup wheat pasta
314 - 3/4 cup meat sauce
40 - Parmesan cheese
80 - roll
40 - Butter
120 - 3 thin mint cookies (I think I need to pitch these!!)
170 - Hot chocolate made w/ 1 cup skim milk
1784 - TOTAL

Water: 72 oz
Exercise: 15 min step aerobics

newfiedarling
12-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Sorry guys, I just read through everything - I usually just enter my eats and then skip on out to read around some more. What I ususally have every evening is just to cut a whole tomato in half and sprinkle light parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper and bake until soft or the cheese is light golden brown. I do stuffed baked tomatoes somethimes too that I just posted out in the menu thread but I'll repost here too. I normally don't eat this one too much because the eggs and cheese add lots more calories.

Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
Halve as many tomatoes as you like
Scoop out the insides (like scooping a pumpkin)
...I keep the "pulp" in a big freezer container and use it when I make tomato sauces.

In a bowl break one whole egg for each whole tomato you cook. Add cheese, mushrooms, a little mustard powder or spices to taste. You can really go wild here. Add anything you want, ham, peppers, onions, bread crumbs....endless possibilities.

Pour mixture into tomatoes and bake uncovered, with a little water in the bottom of your baking dish so they don't burn, @ 350 until eggs are cooked (15-20 mintues).

~Dee

newfiedarling
12-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Thursday
Breakfast - coffee (2 cream, 1 swtnr), instant oatmeal
Snack - apple
Lunch - tuna on whole wheat crackers, yogurt
Snack - figs, pear
Dinner - lean cuisine
Snack - chips
Calories ~ 1440

Exercise
Stretching/Aerobics - 30 mins

~Dee

**edited because I forgot to add the pear

jillybean720
12-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Posted a 1.5-pound loss at TOPS last night (for 2 weeks since we didn't have a meeting last week due to the holiday). Yay for losing even over Thanksgiving! :carrot: My official TOPS weight is now 268.75, so I will hopefully never see those 270s again!

As for today, I have my reduced-sugar oatmeal and Special K bar (so what else is new). My part-time gig is as a secret shopper report editor, and lately, I've been signing up to do some secret shopping myself--in restaurants! Tonight, we are evaluating an awesome restaurant nearby simply called "Mike's American." It's owned by the same company as a place we went last week, so it should be equally amazing (and expensive--$70 for just me and Jeff. Good thing I get fully reimbursed for doing the evaluation!).

Anyway, point is, I will be dining out tonight (we are required to split an appetizer, each order a different entree, and split a dessert plus buy a drink at the bar), and I am doing another one on Sunday for lunch at a little Mexican place. Free restaurant food al the time now, so I have to be very careful of what I eat during the day to keep myself in line!

SAPF, the smoothis ARE delicious--but dangerous! Peanut butter sure packs a punch calorie-wise, and Jeff LOVES the smoothies, so I have to be very careful not to make them every night :dizzy:

Sandi
12-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Jilly! Good job on the loss!! :carrot:

I am rolling right along here. I am getting nervous about the upcoming month. Between Christmas Parties and my birthday, I will have many challenges!!

12/1/05
161 - 4 triscuts & 1 slice cheddar cheese
290 - Ham & cheese sandwich
67 - small apple
130 - Kudos
550 - Roasted Turkey w/ mayo sandwich
1408 - TOTAL

Exercise: 20 min step aerobics
Water: 72 oz.

rabidstoat
12-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Yay, back from the doctor and she was pleased to see I was losing weight, and except for low iron and borderline PCOS (I'm not sure I have it, really, I only have a few symptoms) I'm healthy as a horse. Oh, and being overweight. But blood pressure, cholesterol, insulin, all of that is good. Whew!

Thursday
Breakfast: McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait, and MorningStar Farms soy patty
Snack: Low fat sugar-free yogurt and some turkey
Lunch: Healthy Choice meal, shrimp and chicken
Snack: Kiwi and a chocolate bar
Dinner: Wendy's chicken BLT salad with LF honey mustard dressing

No exercise. Ugh.
Calories: About 1500

Friday
Breakfast: McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait, and MorningStar Farms soy patty
Lunch: Subway 6" chicken teriyaki sub and baked doritos
Snack: Subway cookie and an orange
Dinner: Chicken fettucini with veggies (the good stuff -- if I'm going to have it, I'm having the good stuff)

No exercise. :(
Calories: About 1700. Amazingly only 31% from fat, given the cookie and chicken fettucine.

DishyFishy
12-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Okay, I'm back from Calgary. :cheer: No offence to anyone who lives there, but man, it's good to be back home.

I did well on Thursday, coming in 200 kcals under budget, but went way over on Friday and Saturday--and by 1000s of kcals rather than 100s! :o It was hubby's company Christmas do yesterday, and I had altogether too much wine and too many nibbles. I paid for it too, being up half the night with excruciating heartburn! :rollpin: Serves me right!

I've had my cereal and raisins this morning, and I'm planning on having a good day. I really need to walk out and get some fresh veggies, but it's sooo very cold outside. :^:

:coach: :drill: Just grit your teeth and go, woman. No excuse! Only two days to Weigh-In! :drill: :coach:

Sandi
12-04-2005, 05:57 PM
12/2/05
210 - Mint ZOne Perfect Bar
161 - 4 triscuts & cheese
400 - Turkey & Ham subway
100 - Soy Crisps
174 - 1 cup spaghetti
3/4 cup meat sauce
210 - Popcorn
1569 - TOTAL

Exercise: none
Water - Maybe 48 oz.

12/3/05
100 - English Muffin
95 - 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
90 - 1 cup skim milk
400 - Turkey & Ham subway
110 - 1/2 Take five candy bar
550 - Roasted Turkey with Mayo
220 - 1 cup LF ice cream
1565 - TOTAL

Exercise: none
Water - Maybe 24 oz.

12/4/05
110 - English Muffin
95 - 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
90 - 1 cup skim milk
161 - 4 triscuts & cheese
460 - 4 fish fillets
40 - Ketchup
120 - 3 thin mint cookies (last of the open box)

rabidstoat
12-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Saturday

Breakfast: 1 cup raisin bran with 1/2 cup 2% milk, Morningstar breakfast patty
Snack: No-sugar-added hot chocolate
Lunch: South Beach Diet frozen pizza
Snack: Watermelon chunks
Dinner: Black bean burger on WW whole wheat bread, with 2% cheese slice and ketchup, and leftover mashed potatoes with some LF margarine, and leftover oven baked veggies
Snack: Luna Bar

Exercise: 45 minutes stationary bike
Calories: 1686

Sunday

Breakfast: Breakfast burrito (LF low-carb tortilla shell, egg beaters, sauteed onions and green peppers, and 2% shredded cheese) and watermelon chunks
Snack: Tropicana orange and cream bar
Lunch: Some sort of mediterranean chicken fillet with vegetable couscous and a high-cal olive oil based sauce of some sort
Snack: Raisin bran with milk
Dinner: Healthy Choice whiskey steak dinner with leftover oven fried veggies

Calories: About 1900

jillybean720
12-05-2005, 08:06 AM
New week, new thread! :D