Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat - November 28th

Good Morning,

How is everyone after that long holiday weekend?

OP today right ? lolol
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello Leenie.... hope your weekend was good. It was okay here, off to my GP (doctors) tonight to just do a follow up on my medication, was suppose to be going last week but then I had the fall with my arm so going tonight.... be glad when it's done and dusted!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I'm alive I hiad surgery on t he 18th and am back to work today
and back OP suprise suprise
I'll bbl
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

Leenie are you back at work today? or still have a few days off? I usually put my Christmas tree up during the 4 days off for Thanksgiving too - it just works out best when ya work full time. I like to put it up on Friday and then clean house on Saturday, but it didn't work out this year will my silly finger (it is better tho - thanks for asking). Dh will be gone this coming weekend hunting so I'm thinking the next weekend after that will just be too late to fool with it so I'm kind of thinking about putting up some nativity scenes and just decorating my living room without the tree. I don't think my guys would mind (except for dh). I'm sure thinking hard on it ;-)

Hey Mazarin - how is your arm/shoulder feeling? BE CAREFUL on that ice!

Hey Kierie - I don't think I realized you had surgery? was it something that just came up? you ok? glad you're back OP.

I left my house extra early for work so I could be at Walmart at 7 when they opened. Got some low fat yogurt and wheat germ and peaches and cottage cheese and some fruit, so I can eat healthy during the day this week. We had fried turkey for lunch yesterday and boy was I sluggish yesterday afternoon - figured it was the triptaphin (sp?) so I'm really craving fruits and veggies today and wanting to be really good

All the SuperWalmarts around here are only open from 7 am to 8 pm which makes it really hard for Christmas shopping. I like to get up early and get down there around 6 or so and do my shopping before work a few times during the holidays, but will have to wait til 7 when I go and then make a made dash to grab some things and get to work on time.

What's the rest of our gang up to today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:49 AM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,

Cathy, are the SuperWalmart's only open so short because of the hurricanes? Ours is open 24 hrs. and was open on Thanksgiving. I did a lot of my shopping on Amazon.com and had the presents shipped to Minnesota (where the family lives). Since Amazon has free shipping over $25, it's definitely the best way to shop. I did do some shopping on my quickie trip to Reno (no I didn't gamble...). It's pretty cool - I'm already done with the Christmas shopping!!! Yeah!

Leenie, nope, I didn't decorate my house yet. Sometime around the 12th, the holiday mood will hit me and I will tell hubby we need to drive to town to buy a tree. I have to wait for that moment because if I'm not in the mood, the tree really bugs me.

Kierie, I sure hope you're okay. What did you have surgery for?

Mazarin, I love the changed Avatar. I thought you were nuts liking the ice before your fall. I'm glad you're doing better.

Same goes for you Marble, but 15 degrees doesn't sound like much. I hope you keep getting better and are able to start moving around. It is amazing how quickly us dieters can re-put on weight.

I went to Reno on Thursday/friday to drop DH at the airport. DS's GF came with and we went shopping on Friday. Macy's was good, as was the mall. Best Buy was the place from Hades. I finally put down my stuff and just walked out of the store.Good thing, too. I went to Office Depot and saved an additional $30 on the LCD monitor I bought for DS. Best Buy made me mad. I won't shop there again.

I'm back at work. Boo-whoo

I've made a decision to be an exerciser again. It's been about 4 weeks since I exercised regularly (the irregular spurts don't count). I'm getting a little achey and I need to exercise. So after work, I'm going to use my Gazelle. I might not be good with the food, but at least I can exercise, so here's my promise. I'm going to exercise through the holidays and beyond.

Well, back to work.

Talk to you later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Well ladies I hope everyone had a good holiday. We got our tree up and put up a few decorations. I went to Walmart for black Friday and got a few things and then a few more Sat. and a few more Sun, and several online. I only have 1 more thing to get and I have to take the kids to do their shopping and I'm done. I went COMPLETELY off plan over the holiday. I was a bad girl with eating and exercise! But today is a new day and I'm back OP. I broke 2 toes though so the exercise thing is a little hard but I'll make it work. You won't believe how I did it. I was half asleep and went to walk through the house about 1am and kicked the rowing machine. I know exercise hurts but damn! Anyway I hope everyone is good and I'll catch up with ya'll later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

MMarie - yes everything is open for shorter hours bec of the storm. Most restaurants aren't even open for lunch. The ones that open are only open for supper. For some reason nobody has enough workers - they don't know if people didn't come back, or if they got better jobs (demo & repairs pays about double of mininum wage) or if they are sitting at home living off their insurance money and not going back to work til their money runs out. Things are just different around here and unfortunately they will be like that for awhile. CONGRATS on making up your mind to get back to exercising regularly. I need to do the same!

Heather - GOOD GRIEF! I can't believe you broke 2 toes! This group is falling apart - breaking stuff all over the place!

Ok you people - we all need to slow down - take a deep breath - and pay attention to what we are doing. We need everything we've got so we can't be breaking anything or trying to cut anything off

EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL AND TAKE CARE!!!!!

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Are / Shoulder a lot better... still finding it a bit weird to get in the bath as it don't like my weight... but other than that we're good!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote