Support Groups - Scale Addicts Anonymous Xmas Version

Hotsplashes
11-27-2005, 12:08 PM
OK..the old thread was kinda long. So now I'm going to start a new one. So if ya'll are lookin' for me on the old thread, I ain't there...I'm over here!Lol My goal is to lose a minimum of 5lbs by xmas eve. That gives me four weeks then I can start the SAA2006 Thread!!

So hope to see Tulip, Leanne, Flower and the rest of the SAA gang over here!

Flower Fan 86
11-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone.

Well the guy called me to tell me he is a stupid jerk for breaking my heart and asked for another chance. I told him he didn't just hurt me but my kids who had to watch me fall apart and my friends who had to put me back together. I told him we would have to take it slow because of the trust issue. I love this guy so much that I feel that I need to give it another chance but on my terms.

Lost two more pounds. Sixteen pounds past my goal. I feel too thin. My bones are sticking out on my hips and I am in a size one now. Funny that I would say that on a weight loss web site but I really just wanted to maintain the weight that I have lost with everyone's help not to keep loosing. Still keep getting on the scale. Can't stay away from it.

Hope everyone had a good holiday and will talk at you all soon.

Hotsplashes
11-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh gees...Flower! You need to eat girl! Did he give you any good reason as to why he did what he did? And is it really going to be worth it to try again? You just left one bad situation....why not just try being on your own for a bit, just you and the girls...get your life on track first and worry about a man later when everyone and everything is more stable and secure? Just my 2 cents worth in hopes that you will be ok!

Hotsplashes
11-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Gees...everyone must be on vaction or lost internet connection but me!Lolol Eating is ok, water not so ok, exercise not bad...it was almost 70 here today..no more snow! Just lotsa rain....

My vacation is over and it's back to work tomorrow....blah...but someone's gotta do it!lol

Hotsplashes
11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Hello one and all...Tulip posted on the old thread so I had to let her know we are over here now!! Hope to see eveyone soon...

Eating good, exercise soso, water was good till someone tipped over my 60oz mug at work...

See everyone later!

Hotsplashes
12-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Hiya gang...eating is great,exercise is great...got up early and took the dogs for a lONNNNNGGGG walk this morning..got into work..and they offered me the afternoon off...I'm gonna take it!loll...found out I am gettinga bonus on my next paycheque too!lol So I can afford to take a few hours off..

Water had been good and I'm going on another walk later this evening!

Have a good day everyone!

Hotsplashes
12-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Howdie dooo buckaroos! Another day of good eating and good exercise...water is starting to suck tho because I'm never really thirsty in cold weather...I need to force myself to drink more...I've booked two more vacation days off before the end of the year...so that will give me time to finish up my holiday shopping...Hope to see some else here soon!!

Flower Fan 86
12-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello Splashes!

Worked way way to many hours this week. Glad to have the next two off.
I have gotten most of my shopping done. I decided to buy most stuff online.
We live 75 miles from a mall so this was much easier.

Have been eating better the last few days. Trying to get more rest as well.

Hope everyone shows up Splashes. They must be busy with the holidays and such.
Take care!

Hotsplashes
12-03-2005, 08:25 PM
YAYYYYYYy flower is here!! WOOHOO...I hear ya on the hours...I actually got a few off early this week which was nice, but after working 10 weeks straight of OT...it's finally catching up with me. Even tho I had 6 days off..all I did was finally unpack and get settled in my place even tho I've been here 3 months! So it's not like I did anything restful except for the walks with my dogs. I'm hoping the next two days are nice so I can go for another walk, even tho it's going to be cold. Cold doesn't seem to bother the dogs...just me!

Well gang...I'm going to call it an early nite. Eating great, exercise icky, water good.

luvshack
12-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Well this looked like the perfect thread for me... I am so addicted to the scale and everything to do with loosing weight... When I loose all my weight I am going need a support group to come off the diet!!!

Hotsplashes
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the club Luvshack! We've got several members here who have lost their weight and are still posting, Flowerfan, Leanne and Tulip are all members here and have shed thier weight. I go up and down...So I'm here no matter what!lol Hay you and I are running for about the same goal! Hope you visit again!

Eating good. Water soso...Exercise is on hold as I took a bad fall off a chair trying to put boxes way to high by myself..this was definitely a two person job to be done with a proper ladder, not a chair and stove...

See everyone tomorrow!!

Hotsplashes
12-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Just cruizin thru really quick to say good morning and to see how everyone is doing! The scale slowly going down...No junk food in over a week! Payday is on Friday and I have a four day weekend so this will be my mad rush to get xmas shopping done. No more last minute rushes on Dec 24th!!!

Have a good day ladies!!

Flower Fan 86
12-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Four days off! Good for you Splashes. The scale going down as well. Sounds like your December is going good.

My job closes down on the December 22nd and opens back up on January3rd.
It is going to be so great to have time off. I have lots of projects that I want to get done.

Have a great night ladies!

Hotsplashes
12-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Flower 2weeks off!! WOOHHOO for YOU!!! THat'll be excellent, spend time with your girls, catch up on much needed rest. Are you doing any christmas crafts or baking? I'm doing my decorating this weekend...I don't like putting my stuff too early...then I take it down New Year's day. But I'm doing my yearly homemade decorations with my niece and nephew. It's alway a blast...

Have a great day laides

Tulip-Fairy
12-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Hellllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

At last i've found you....I've been a bit busy and due to the new thread i wasn't emailed about new posts!!

Sorry...did you think i'd fallen off the edge of the earth???

Water not too good (winter thing here too splashes)
exercise - hey i don't do exercise...except yoga once a week!
Food - yeah - that's going pretty well

I have lost all but 6lbs from the load i put on after my fall back in the summer yeah me!!!

Has anyone heard from Leanne? Her hubby is away so maybe she's snowed under with baby stuff etc.

Christmas stuff is going well, our school break up on the 16th so i've got time to do the rest of my stuff then.

I PROMISE i will post more over the weekend as i have friends due here any minute.

Love you all lots
Great to find you all again
Tulip
~x~

Hotsplashes
12-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Nothing From Leanne. But they got hit pretty bad up where she is with a severe snow storm so she's gotta keep the little ones busy indoors now. We got hit here but not as bad..only about 6 inches.

Water good, food soso, exercise YES!! Shoveled a driveway twice and my HUGE sidewalk 4 times!! I'm building up some Muscles!

Tulip a school break sounds good! I'm using up the last of my paid vacation days to finish up my xmas shopping and decorating. This weekend is full of entertaining and going to friends' houses for parties and get togethers. But I'm going to be a good girl and watch what I eat and drink!!!

Have a great weekend ladies...I prolly won't see everyone till Sunday!!!

Hotsplashes
12-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Eating sucked yesterday because I ate well all day...then went to the movies and ate a whole bag of licorice by myself. SO it's back on the bandwagon today. Eating and water have been great! Got ALL my xmas shopping done!

Went to see Chronicles of Narnia last night. It was a good movie. The visuals were awesome. Kinda splotchey and choppy in the story line because they had so much to put in from the books in only 2 hours, but it was a great movie just for watching. I'd advise all kids young and old to go see it!

Hotsplashes
12-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Just me again...eating has gotten back on track...it's easier to keep on track when I'm at work...but with all these days off it leaves me open time to think about food...but all is good...exercise is good..water is great!

Hope to see someone soon!

Tulip-Fairy
12-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Sorry Slashes...leaving you to yourself....i'm snowed under hear...and i don't mean in the weather sense!!! We had about 2 hours of really heavy snow here so we went out and bought a sledge and then it STOPPED!! and rained ever since!!! lol just my luck!

Friday is break up day...oh boy oh boy i can't wait. The little boy i support is Autistic and really can't cope with all the change Christmas brings....so it's making for a really interesting school day.

My eating is too bad to go into detail the water is poor (while intake of fluids is up lol) exercise is...is....is.....why you know what i 'm like, even the yoga has stopped for the holidays but dancing will begin soon (as in christmas parties!!!)

Won't be able to get in tomorrow as i'm out on my works do but i'll try hard to call in on Friday...C U!

Hotsplashes
12-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for stopping by Tulip! My eating is back on track until xmas...then it'll go off the wagon...but not horribly so..already got a chocolate fondue party arranged.

What is break up day?

Eating is good, exercise? what exercise?lol Water Excellent!

Tulip-Fairy
12-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Break up day is Friday...tomorrow yippee we are out for our chirstmas party tonight...don't know who arranged it on a school night but phew we have been warned by our head (he's not going) that we all have to be in Mass at 9:15 in the morning...last year they didn't get home til gone 1am!!!!!! hmmmm i think i'll take headache tablets to work with me!!

don't ask about food water and the other....i'm sooo not interested! lol

enjoy your fondue party splashes

Flower Fan 86
12-15-2005, 09:12 PM
So looking forward to time off from work. Just not looking forward to my girls being gone. They are going to their dads in Arizona for Christmas. He will have them for twelve days. They are so excited and I am trying to be happy for them.
I have been eating better and have gained a bit of weight back.
Hope everyone has a good night!

Tulip-Fairy
12-16-2005, 01:01 PM
HURRAY i've finished work for a whole two weeks.....now i can concentrate on getting my house ready for christmas.

I have made a pact with myself not to weigh myself at all over the holiday period, i amn going to be careful what i eat and to **** with it, i hate jumping on the darn things if it's up i'm cross with myself all day and if is down i'm cross with myself if i fall off my eating plan.

grrrrrr bieng a SA is hard work

Glad to hear you've been eating better Flower, have you planned what you are going to do while the girls are away...plan somthing really good so you don't miss them too much.

Hotsplashes
12-16-2005, 09:13 PM
YAY flower has stopped By!! I know it's going to be hard to be away from your girls on the holidays Flower, but as Tulip says..do something really REALLY nice for yourself...get yourself a day at the spa or something! And enjoy the ME time. With all the work you do and taking care of your girls, you prolly have very little of it. Enjoy it while you can!

Tulip, I agree withyou...can't win for losin with the ole scale. And YES it's hard to be a SA!lol But you are SO good at it! You are our inspiration, you and FLower and Leanne!~ I agree with you on the don't step on the scales till after the Holidays...watch what you eat, but still enjoy the treats...just on smaller bitesizes!lol

Eating went all to pot today...forgot to bring my lunch and had to eat the Donut shop..so had some teabiscuits and way too much tea...peed like a race horse all day...But it's back on target tomorrow...it's not that I had too much to eat...actually not enuff and not enuff good stuff...too much whhite flour..threw my bloodsugars off...got all cranky at work...I'm gonna hear about it tomorrowL1ol

Take care ladies...only 1 week till Xmas Eve!!!

Michele

Tulip-Fairy
12-17-2005, 05:17 PM
We'll i've eaten pretty well today and i've cleaned my house until it shone....really worked up a sweat, it's all gleaming ready for the tree tomorrow.

I have my friends children staying over tonight, while her hubby takes her out on the town...this is good for me too as i'll keep of the wine and keep busy.
Tomorrow is going to be hard, we have a carol service at church with warm mince pies for afterwards...hmmmmmm!!! I'm going to allow myself 2 only.

Let us know what you chose to do with your free time Flower!
Splashes....stay OFF the white flour...you know what it does to you....you really make me laugh....."forgot your lunch so had to eat the donut shop!!!! LOL It was a bit like me the other day....forgot lunch so had to drive to the local pizza place and have the largest slice possible!!!! And wheat really doesn't agree with me...but hey sometimes we just can't help ourselves!

speak to you all 2moro

Hotsplashes
12-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Well woke up to a lovely xmas pressie saturday morning..someone broke into my car, smashed the one window..all they did was take a tupperware dish that I used to carry water in for my dogs when we went on big walks. So now I am without car until the window gets replaced.

Eating sucked of course because I'm a stress eater...I don't cry...I eat...so I won't even go there....

See everyone tomorrow...

Flower Fan 86
12-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Hello!

Oh Splashes! That is terrible! I just don't understand the world we live in sometimes. Will your insurance cover the cost of the window?

Tulip enjoy the pies. Have a piece for me while you are at it! :)

Took the kids to a little town an hour and half away from us. It looks like a little Bavarian village. There is lots of shops with music and dancing in the street. When evening comes they lite the town up with lights. Very festive. The girls love to go there. It was cold. Seven degrees fahrenheit when we left to drive home.
Will be glad when spring comes. I want to dig in the soil!
Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!

Hotsplashes
12-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Dang that's cold, FLower!! It's about 30F here. And that's cold enough for me. But that little town sounds so wonderful!

Eating is ok, water good, exercise good!

See everyone tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! It's bright and sunny here but MIGHTY cold!! Walking the dogs is a chore when even they think it's too cold to walk! Not a busy day here, just going to do some housecleaning and finish up xmas decorating.

Eating is good, water is good, exercise is ok so far. But I still have 3 more walks with doggies to go!

Hope everyone is enjoying thier xmas prenups!!

See everyone later!!

PhysDom
12-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, this thread doesn't look very busy -- but it looks like there are a few very dedicated posters! I suppose that I'll start posting here, too, as I am addicted to the scale.

I weigh myself each morning, in the buff, after I use the bathroom. I track it all in fitday and like to see the numbers go down... it has a .2 lb accuracy, and it seems to be pretty precise. When I first bought this scale I was upset b/c it showed about 5 lbs or so higher than my old analog scale, but now I'm really pleased with it.

It also measures body fat, but since I weigh in the morning after going to the bathroom, it's not very accurate.

Hm. That's all for now, I thought I'd say hello.

Hotsplashes
12-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi Physdom! Thanks for stopping by. Yes we are a small group. We are missing one of our group but her husband has just gone on tour of duty and she's left with three littleones at home on the base so it's understandable how busy that canbe.

WHat kind of scale do you have? I need a new one. Mine is a cheapie from walmart. So I never really can trust it. You are only pound away from december goal! Wonderful!!

Eating was great today. so was water and exercise. Hope everyone is enjoying the last week of days before xmas!

PhysDom
12-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Hmm... I think that I have a tanita something-something... I bought it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% off coupon, so I'm pleased with it. I'll check tonight to see what kind... I really like it, though. It remembers 2 different people (as long as they don't weigh the same) so when I step on it it can recognize me as me and not my boyfriend. It was a little tricky for a while, though, b/c I started about 10 lbs heavier than him, so once I started loosing it would confuse me with him and then read 15% body fat! (That's about 20% off the mark...)
And, as of this morning, I met my December goal!!

(Though I must admit that I started the Monday after Thanksgiving, so I had an extra week and also a lot of easy-to-loose water and I-just-pigged-out weight!)

Yesterday I ate well, I made pizza's with my boyfriend and it was loaded with veggies, a little chicken sausage, and I just used 2 oz of cheese for the whole thing... he said that I was crazy -- he couldn't even see the cheese!
Exercise is slow since I'm so busy, but I'm trying to get pilates in every day as part of a 21-day challenge.

Hotsplashes
12-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Hay Phys! Great to see you again. Thanks for the info on the scales. I don't have to worry bout it thinking anyone other than me...maybe my dogs?

My ex made the best pizzas..whole wheat pitas...not the pocket kind...with grilled veggies, chicken and feta and goat cheese..I LOVE goat cheeze!

COngrats on meeting your goal!!! Point is you made it!! I'm workign on mine...5lbs to go by dec 31...so we'll see...

Eating is good, water is really good..>EXERCISE GREAT!!

I'd love to do pilates... I think I'm going to scam my friend's tape and record it on my dvr so I can do it in the mornings.

See everyone tomorrow!

Flower Fan 86
12-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Welcome PhysDom!

You will just love the gals on this thread. They are so supportive and lots of fun!

Feel like I am coming down with the flu. That figures. I get time off from work to be sick.

Will check in with you all a bit later. Think I had better get to bed.

PhysDom
12-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I definately suggest pilates in the morning. When I do it in the morning, I get a really nice stretch... my bones feel a little 'creaky' and it's nice to get that pull in my muscles -- and I don't get that when I do it in the afternoon.

Flower, I understand that getting sick just as soon as you have time off thing!! I used to get sick twice a year -- at the start of winter break and then again at the start of the summer break. I knew that I couldn't afford to be sick during school, so it just came as soon as I would have time to recover.
Lot's of fluids, lots of hugs... you know the drill.

*s*

Hotsplashes
12-21-2005, 05:44 PM
THe Wisdom of PhysDom! That has a ring!

Poor FLower, I hate that when it happens...get sick during holidays.

Eating has been excellent, Water excellent, Exercise SUPER excellent! Plus I got off work early..always a nice treat!

See everyone tomorrow

Hotsplashes
12-22-2005, 09:34 PM
ok you know what really sucks...when you exercise, watch what you eat, bea good little SAAer and finally step on the scale and see that you've gained 5lbs in two days..go figger!

Soooooooo needless to say I'm rather miffed.

Eating still good and exercise and water good. This is all good because usually when the scale goes up, i fall off and go on an eating binge...So my will power must be growing!

Hope everyone is safe and happy!

Michele

Tulip-Fairy
12-23-2005, 07:44 AM
Hi everyone!!!

It's about 50F here today and the sun is shining!!!! I can't believe it is so warm with only a day to go til christmas eve. I am in the south of the country so it is a bit warmer than the north (where i was brought up) but still i'm running around in a jacket!!!!

Splashes 5lb gain???? maybe it's your dodgy scales??? you seem to have been doing really well lately?? go get a new pair like phys!!

Flower - huggs sent your way....hope your feeling better soon

Phys - welcome to the group, it is a bit quiet at the moment, but we're a good bunch of SA's

Anyway guys i've still got Christmas shopping to do....so i'll wish you all a very happy Christmas and i hope santa brings you everything you've asked for!!

Xer
12-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Hello, everyone! I was browsing through the different support groups here and thought this one would be a great one to join.. being a scale addict and all. ;) Hope you don't mind!

My highest weight is 185lbs.. but I've made it down to 160 a few times, only to end up gaining it back after a while. This time I plan to go BELOW 160 and STAY there. Haha. Hopefully I can stick with good eating habits this time.

Hotsplashes: There's no way you gained 5lbs in two days. You must just be retaining water for whatever reason.. eat a lot of salty foods? Maybe TOM? Either way, I wouldn't worry about it at all. =)

Hotsplashes
12-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Happy HOHO EVE to evryone!!!

Welcome XER!!! You and I are sitting about the same and going for the same goals! Now we can do it together! Welcome to SAA!~!! We're a small but dedicated group.

Tulip, 50 and sunny??? Send some this way!Lol I guess I can't complain, 48 and rainy...

Well, guess wht...I got on the scale yesterday moring...the 5lbs was gone! Xer, I think you're right...water gain...end of TOM....And Tulip, I'm gonna send Santa a quick email asking for new scales!!!!lol

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday....enjoy the time with friends and family...I'll see everyone later tomorrow nite after I go have xmas dinner at my friend's house!

Xer
12-24-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm glad it was just water weight after all, Hotsplashes. =) I wish mine would go away! I screwed up on my birth control pill a week ago and ended up having to start over.. my body is going crazy and I've had my TOM for the second time in under a week.. It should be almost done soon, though! I hope. This is the longest one I can remember having. >\

I agree.. I could do with some of that 50F weather. Or at least enough warmth that I don't have to scrape my car every morning! That can be a pain in the butt.. though I suppose it's working my arm muscles since they get so sore after!

Good luck with your holiday everyone! I know I'm just going to let myself splurge when it comes to tonight and tomorrow night.. I figure.. Well, it's Christmas. There's two or three days in the year that eating whatever you want wont hurt. ;) Mine being.. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my birthday. I still plan on eating well up until the big meals, however.

Merry Chrismahanakwanzayule!

Hotsplashes
12-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Happy HOHO to everyone...I hope Santa was good to everyone and their kids!! I'm off to friends' houses for xmas dinner...Xer I hear ya on the few days a year...you forgot Easter for another day!!! Can't do without the choklit bunnies!

Xer i hear ya on the bcpill thing...i was on one once that gave me ToM 2-3 times a month...it sucked...are you going to try a new one?

Ok everyone...time to go give the critters their pressies...See everyone Tomorrow!!!

Xer
12-25-2005, 10:34 PM
I think I made out pretty good this year. Got a new digital camera and a ton of money for my Japan trip in June. =D

I didn't even end up eating as much as I expected to. Probably around 2000 calories a day. The way it should be. But it's back to the diet now!

Actually, my BC has been pretty good to me until now. I just forgot to take it two days in a row LOL. Whoooooopse.

Hotsplashes
12-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Xer you will LOVE Japan! I lived in Okinawa for 3 months...if you can...go to OKINAWA...completely different than mainland Japan...both Islands are wonderful...but I love Okinawa....

Glad to hear eating was undercontrol..mine wasn't!Lol but I didn't totally pig out...Self Control was observed somewhat!lol

What kind of camera did you get? I advise getting Digital Photography for Dummies...even if you just want to take regular pics...it's a great source of info for making your pics turn out all that much better!

I've got a Canon GX5...when I got it it was top of th eline...still a great camera but they've madeleaps and bounds and dropped pricing on digitals in the last 2 years...I love my camera..still learning how to use all the billions of functions it has!lol

Well gang...eating has been ok...water soso...no exercise other than walking the dogs...but it's back to the grindstone tomorrow!!

Hope everyone had a HAppy HOHO!!

Xer
12-27-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm actually going with a school group if I do end up going.. we're going to mainly be staying in the Tokyo area because that is where my teacher is from and she'll be taking us different places. I don't imagine I'll leave without wanting to go back, though! ;)

I got a Sony Cyber-Shot, 4.1 megapixels. I WAS supposed to get the top of the line camera right now which is like.. 7.1 megapixels (Which is crazy) but my mother and I worked it out so I'd get the next step down and another $100 towards my trip. I probably don't need a camera that good anyways. Hehe.

I'll have to reserve that book from the library! Or step into a bookstore with my mom and have her buy it for me. LOL. I -LOVE- books, but I hate buying them. It always seems like they're so expensive to me.. =\

Yesterday was alright, I ate well until the evening and then I had a big chunk of fudge. I stayed within my calorie range but I still feel I could have spent those calories more wisely. ;)

Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down ~.5lbs from Friday. =)

Flower Fan 86
12-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Hello Xer! I would not have been able to stay away from the fudge. Life is way too short to not have some chocolate now and agian!

Had a great Christmas. Mat bought me a diamond tennis bracelet and earings. My friends say he needs to keep it up. :)

Going to get some cleaning done today. Going to go shopping as well. Love the after Christmas sales!

Have a great day everyone!

Hotsplashes
12-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Hello Gang!! Gees Fudge and Diamonds...what more can a girl want????WOOHOO

Eating is good, exercise is great, water is great and I'm going to be going to bed really early!!Lol

Xer...The Sony is a good camera...mine is a canon with all hte bells and whistles...Yours will be great for what you want to do with it.... Read the manual and learn how to use the Auto settings..those are the best!

Have a great week everyon..tomorrow is HumpDAY!!

Hotsplashes
12-28-2005, 09:30 PM
ok ...eating sucks today..water was amazing...exercise sucked...it's raining..work is really messing up myschedules...the messed up on my paychq by 300$ this is getting frustrating...

Sorry to vent..

I don't wanna go near scales until after New YEars!!!

Hope to see everyone tomorrw!!

PhysDom
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Well, ladies, instead of just dropping off the edge of the earth here I will say that I don't have enough time/energy during the day to handle another thread. (This is part of me trying to be accountable for all aspects of my life, not just what I eat.)
I wish you all the best and I'm sure that you'll see me (and I, you) posting around on other boards.
In my leaving, I'll let you know that the Discovery Channel has a body health challenge that's all free and includes online meal plans, fitness routines, and an 8 week membership to Bally's for free (it's for a certain time period, though, starting mid-January). I hope that it can be of some use to you!

Flower Fan 86
12-29-2005, 10:17 AM
I understand PhysDom. A person can get way to busy with so many things that you have to put a limit to what you can get done in a day.

Have been doing well with my eating. I went for a four and a half mile walk yesterday. Going to do that today as well. With me not working this week I have got to stay on top of myself.

Have a good day everyone!

Hotsplashes
12-29-2005, 09:27 PM
OK gang...I won't be on after tomorrow nite for a few days cuz of company..but I will try to get on New Years day ...of course I ain't even bothering with eating and such..but water and exercise were great today!!

HAPPPYYYYYYYYYYY NEW YEAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xer
12-31-2005, 05:34 AM
Well, today, or yesterday rather, was my official weigh-in day. Down 1# from last Friday. I shouldn't be disappointed because Christmas was in there, but still I feel as though I should have lost at least two. I think maybe I need to work on eating a bit more.. and I know that I need to add some exercise in there. I'm having a little problem with the eating more feild because I've recently switched over to being a vegetarian and, well, getting enough calories from fruits and vegetables can be hard sometimes! Lol. Though, I do love noodle dishes, and those do tend to be full of calories! Hehe.

Got my hair cut and colored! I swore I would never go over to black, but somehow I found myself doing it anyways. =P This is my first time in forever having bangs! I want them to part to the side, but since my hair is so used to parting down the middle, they're being difficult. LOL

http://xer.werewolf.nu/cute2.jpg

Happy New Year!

Tulip-Fairy
12-31-2005, 07:26 AM
Morning ladies

I'm too scared to mention a figure but i've put on looooooooaaaaadddssssss of weight, some of it is TOM most of it is due to the wheat i've eaten over the holidays but i've been sooooooo bad!!!!

I'm back at work on the 2nd Jan and that's when i'm back on plan....there is way too much nice stuff left in the fridge to start today. Although i will try to keep off the wheat...it makes me feel sooo ill!!!

Hi Xer - welcome aboard, we can all jump back on the wagon together!!! I think santa brought us both the same camera...sony cyber-shot 4.1. jit's a real dinky little thing....and seems easy to use...haven't read the book yet, just played around with it!

well my kids need lunch so i'll be off

will pop in again tomorrow

Have a good new years eve....Cheers!!!

Hotsplashes
12-31-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi Xer!! The pic looks great...the dark hair brings out your blue eyes!! And at least you lost!!!! I gained...so SHHHHHHHH and be HAPPY!!

Tulip I hear on about being on the BandWagon in January!! I'll be joining you!!Lol

Just wanted to slip on before the New Year!!!

Xer
01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Happy New Year everyone! My resolution is to become a fit and healthy vegetarian. =) I don't usually worry about achieving my resolutions after the first couple of weeks.. but I think this is one I can really do and for once I really want to strive to do it.

Down a pound this morning. I probably shouldn't have weighed myself, but I'm happy to see a little more progress. I'm catching up on you, Hotsplashes!

Thank you, Tulip! I think the camera's cute. Hehe. It's been getting a lot of use out of it! I should really read the booklet more closely.. I just skimmed over it so far. The double flashing thing when it takes pictures is kind of confusing me. I think that's to prevent redeye?

Hotsplashes
01-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Happy New YEar's Everyone!!!!

I won't even go into eating and such...but I had a nice holiday and I'm happy.

Zer!!! Another Pound!! WOOHOO what a great way to start the New Year...I don't make New Year's Resolutions....I make a "List of Things to Achieve" for the year. I feel to restricted by calling it a "resolution"....I know it's just a psychological thing,....but tht's just me!Lol

Have a great year Everyone!!!

Tulip-Fairy
01-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey something just happened with my screen and i've lost my last post???

another thing, when i last posted xer's picture wasn't there and now it is!!! wow my puter is playing me up!!!

anyhoo

Happy New Year to you all

food better water terrible exercise good

One more day of the holidays left then it's back to work...I'm going to post daily so hopefully i'll stay on plan!!

until tomorow

LeanneM83
01-01-2006, 09:04 PM
HEY ladies

Sorry for being MIA for so long

I am back...had great Holidays, but SOO glad to be home, eating and living like normal.

Hubby and I BOTH decided that we would take 2 weeks off working out and training over the holidays...and basically indugle in whatever we wanted...which was great...I had a great time...although EVERY DAY the pair of us struggled with the realization that we LIKE working out, we LOVE how we feel and how we look and how taking a break from it was HARD HARD HARD...needless to say I am over it and ready to get back to the GYM in the morning.

SO I hope everyone had wonderful and eventful holidays

Leanne

Tulip-Fairy
01-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Yeah Leanne nice to hear from you!!!! - glad you had a good holiday. ours went by in a blur of good food, good wine and a little else!!:o hence the high numbers at the bottom of my page! :(

It is the last day before going back to work tomorrow...so I'm heading for the kitchen in a minute to cook up a batch of healthy soup to take to work with me. I have got less than 6 weeks before our skiing holiday :carrot: , so have to loose this extra weight otherwise my salopets (sp?) won't fit me!! :rollpin:

I'll call in again tonight to let you know how well ;) I've done today!! I'm planning a long walk with the dog later, so that's a good start!!

Hotsplashes
01-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Hellooooooooo Everyone!! Hope the new years has started out good for everyone.

Leanne!! wonderful to hear from you again!! We thought you were MIA...that you didn't love us anymore!lol

Tulip...where do you go skiiing in England?? Or do you go up to "Eddie The Eagle's" little ski hills in Scotland?lol You'll fit into your whatever salopets are...we call them skipants or snowpants here in Canada!!Lol

Xer where are you hiding? you and I have a challenge!! we both gotta get to that wonderful weight!! My goal is to be there by Memorial day!(Victoria day for us Canadians!lol"

I'm not even going into eating and everything...but I got lotsa water in..got this wonderful tea from a friend at work...Chocolate Spice...made with Carob instead of Chocolate...it's like a Chai tea..but darker...and stronger...I make it really strong in half the amount of water..then add 1% milk...sooooooo yummy and low in cals and NO SUGAR!!

Take care everyone and I'll see you all tomorrow nite!!

Xer
01-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Ooo. Hotsplashes, our goals are around the same time, too! Mine is the second week of June.. I don't remember the exact date, but it's the date I graduate from High School. =) ..I also have a mini-goal to lose as much weight as I can by January 21st.. which is when my boy is coming back from visiting his family. Hehe. I had originally planned on being 169 by then, but I don't think that's going to happen! Oh well.

REALLY need to get my butt in gear and start exercising more. It's been all icky and rainy lately.. and when it's not icky and rainy I don't want to go out because it's cold! Haha. I want to make sure I take the dog for a walk at least three times a week, though.. then once it gets warmer, I'm going to start training myself for running. I have ALWAYS been one of the last people to finish the "mile run" in gym class. Fortunately I don't have to do that anymore.. but I'd still like to be able to run a mile in under 12 minutes.. or whatever my time was. =\

Made some yummy tofu stir fry tonight.. It didn't turn out half bad despite the fact that I've never made it before. =D I over cooked the rice a little by not paying attention to them, though.. haha.

Tulip-Fairy
01-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Ate well yesterday....gunna do even better today...will write more later as i'm off to work now!

Tulip-Fairy
01-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Good evening ladies!

I am really pleased with myself today...eaten really well, water is good and as i'm back at work, i've not sat down ALL day!! lol
Also my fridge is full of healthy snack, so i have absolutly no excuse to cheat!!

Splashes - salopets is the french word for ski pants (I think!!) that is where we are going - chamonix close to the mont blanc tunnel so a quick trip to Italy will be on the cards also!!

Xer - we all need to stick together and support each other as my mini dead line is 11th Feb...just after yours I want to lose 10lbs by then...do you think it is do-able?????

More tomorrow! HOpe your days have been as successful as mine?

Hotsplashes
01-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Ohhh Mini goals!! WOOHOO I want to lose 7.5 lbs by Feb 1st...DOn't know if I can do it...but it seems we're all on a mini goal mission!!!

France and Italy..that's the advantage of living in England! I'm going to go to England, France , Italy and Greece one day...I'd like to go to Egypt but everyone I know who's been there said it's not a nice place and very dangerous...SO I'll settle for MOrroco!!

See everyone Tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Xer
01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Tulip- 10lbs by Feb 11th is doable, but since you're getting closer to where you want to / should be, it might be a little difficult. Don't be too disapointed if you don't make it! I think if you stay on track and do well, you have a good chance of doing it. =)

Good luck with your mini-goals everyone! I'm going to see where I'm at when the 21st rolls around and set my next one from there.. hopefully I'll set something more likely for myself, this time. I always try to do too much and don't make it. Haha.

Xer
01-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Took the dog on nearly an hour long walk today. Both he and I needed the exercise. ;D I'm really proud of myself for pulling this off, though. I used to make going on hour long walks a priority but it hasn't happened in a long time. Hopefully I'll get back in the habit!

Water was okay.. could be better.

Having nervous issues with my decision to stop counting calories. I decided to do this because... once I get off this diet, I'm not going to want to count calories anymore and that usually results in weight gain. I need to get the feel for doing well without counting everything that goes in my mouth.. although, I still pay attention to how calorie dense things are and what would be a better choice if it has a lot of calories / is high in fat. =)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tulip-Fairy
01-05-2006, 06:06 PM
hi

water - fantastic
food - great

haven't done any excersice but havne't stopped running around since i got up this morning!!

I'm 2lbs down since Tuesday....i know i shouldn't weigh myself mid week, but i can't help it!

well done xer for the hour long walk... i bet both u and the doggie feel better for it....try to do it again tomorrow.

hey splashes.....where'd you go???

Tulip-Fairy
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
splashes , just seen your post......sorry

I've been to France many times....it really isn't far from where we are...3 1/2 hr car journey then 1 1/2 hr ferry crossing...it's a lovely country to visit. I also went to a Greek island for my honeymoon - a great adventure. I do appreciate living in England....Europe is so close..however all the places you go on holiday are totally out of the question for me!!!!
Although my mum did live in Canada for 5 years (before i was born!) so i do have little 2nd hand info about your country. We have a few family traditions that hail from that way!!
BUT - Morroco is my all time place to go....haven't been but it's on my wish list!!

Eygpt...is said to be beautiful and exciting , but your right, too much unrest for me to want to visit. Also my dad was killed while working there, so not too happy memories for me..however he did say it was a facinating place!

Well on that note, I'm off to my bed..it is too cold for me to sit here too long, my boiler had been broken since monday and won't be fixed until tommorrow...brrrrrr it's so chilly!!!

Hotsplashes
01-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh gees...Tulip...i'm soo sorry to hear about your dad...That is all the more reason for me NOT to go to Egypt now.... As for your mum being in Canada...Canada has customs other than putting Maple Syrup on everything??LOL DO tell! Do Tell!!

Xer!! An hour walk with the pupper!!! WOOHOO YOU!! I've never counted calories...for me it's all about Portion Control and knowing what I'm putting into my mouth...such as keep the sugar and white flour stuff OUT OF MY MOUTH!!! I have a friend who had that Stomach surgery? Laproscotoomy or somethign...He eats anything he wants...but of course he can only eat a few bites before he's full...I wouldn't want to be like that...I'd want to know that what I'm eating is good for me and tastes good and I don't have to throw 90% of it away after a few bites...to me that's torture...I also worry about his mind set "I can eat candy and choclit and junk food...just not so much" So I've been noticing he's not been eating healthy foods. Just crap..in small amounts....

Water was excellent today, Exercise ok, Food GREAT!!!

Xer
01-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Really sorry to hear about your dad, Tulip. =(

Hotsplashes, I agree with you. Since he cant eat as much.. he should REALLY be working on eating the good stuff now, because he has less of a chance to get the nutrients he needs.

Made vegan lasagna last night! It turned out awesome. I should do this cooking thing more often. I get paranoid that I'm going to screw up and waste food, though. LOL. Also took the dog for another walk last night.. but I think I went too soon after eating because I didn't feel well half way through it. I still managed to get 45 minutes in, though I was walking slower than yesterday since my stomach was all "RAWR GO LAY DOWN". Water was really good yesterday, but I ended up having a combo* attack me. Haha. It was the pizza kind and the cheese stuff got stuck in my throat and wouldn't go away.. even after downing my 16oz water bottle!

*Combos are pretzles with cheese inside if you don't know.

Down to 178 this morning. =)

Hotsplashes
01-07-2006, 12:18 AM
PIZZA COMBOS are the BESTEST!!! I like them but can't eat alot...Food was good today...exercise pretty good..and GREAT on the water...it's really cold here....but no rain or snow...i got company up from the south expecting to see us Canadians living in igloos...3 winter in a row and no snow...poor folks!lol See everyone sunday as Tomorrow nite we are going for steak dinner...I will confess to my sins of eating ahead of time!!Lol

Hotsplashes
01-07-2006, 12:19 AM
PIZZA COMBOS are the BESTEST!!! I like them but can't eat alot...Food was good today...exercise pretty good..and GREAT on the water...it's really cold here....but no rain or snow...i got company up from the south expecting to see us Canadians living in igloos...3 winter in a row and no snow...poor folks!lol See everyone sunday as Tomorrow nite we are going for steak dinner...I will confess to my sins of eating ahead of time!!Lol

Xer
01-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Um... eating was REALLY bad today... but I blame that on mega cramps from my messing up my birth control. =( I can honestly say, this is the worst period I've ever had... and the worst part about it is, I had so much to do that I couldn't just push it under the rug for tomorrow. I had to go to school so I could temporarily intern for our fire & EMS for a project after. I couldn't very well do that and not go to school without someone getting on my case. =\ Managed to get out of spending the night, though...

That would really hurt. Not only spending the night in a strange place I don't want to be, curled up in pain from cramps, but being randomly called out on ambulance runs at odd hours of the morning! Blah! Can do without that. I can say what I did experience was pretty interesting, though.

Water could have been better.. and no exercise other than running up and down stairs... which is pretty good exercise, actually.

Hotsplashes
01-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Xer...you have Perfect Reason for taking care of yourself today. I hear ya about cramps..I have PCOD and if one my cysts breaks..I feel like someone is stabbing a giant icepick into my stomach. But constant cramps are worse because they last for hours...I can't take long bouts of pain...I can handle the really bad instant shocks of pain...but I'm a weenie when it comes to stuff like you had to go thru!! You are my new hero for going to EMT training and school!!! Much more self empowerment than I have!!

My eating was horrible...had my first steak in 16months..and I paid for it...but it was worth it...And I was a good girl...didn't have any DESSERT!!! I just had my steak, my potato, and my veggies(steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots!~)

But wayyyyyy too much tea...so now I'm buzzing from Caffein...

Tulip-Fairy
01-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Good evening ladies

Just a quick note to say...

water excellent
food brilliant
exercise - well...you know me...not too active, but i've not been a couch potatoe either!!! lol

Must dash as i've got a 1001 things to do before school tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
01-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Hello Ladies....

Sorry for the late delay in replying....Company is still here...and driving me nuts...I've always thought that if you go to someone's house to visit...you VISIT...You DO THINGS...you TALK to each other and catch up...NOT SIT ON THE DANGED PUTER FOR 8 HOURS A DAY!!! Plus eat me out of house and home then complain that what I have isn't what you are used to...(even tho you went shopping with me and I bought everything you put on the list!!!)

So needless to say I'm rather frustrated to put it nicely....

Well they leave tomorrow morning...I'll see everyone tomorrow!

Food crappy, Water great, Exercise not bad...

Xer
01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Ugh, that sucks Splashes. I hate when just about anyone stays with me as well. I don't have to worry about buying the groceries.. but I like to be lazy on weekends and stay in my PJs until after noon and that's just something I don't feel comfortable doing with company. Haha.

Well, ladies.. I'm 175 this morning! It was great to see although I know it's not going to stay. I was sick yesterday and threw up a few times and thus didn't consume much. Kind of makes me not want to step on the scale tomorrow. Hehe.

I think I'm going to up my overall goal to 140.

Tulip-Fairy
01-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Splashes - don't you just hate company like that?? Why don't they just stay at home if they don't like things different??? lol Roll on tomorrow morning.

Xer - I take it your still at home, not having to buying groceries and all??? lucky, lucky girl!!!

Well food has been great, water better and once again i've been rushed off my feet and that has been my only exercise!!! Yah me!!

And now for a tale that will blow your mind...splashes are you sitting down??? I'm NOT going to weigh myself for the next 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGGGGGGG I Can't believe i've agreed to do it....I am going to try really hard, but you know how i love my scales!!! It's gunna be the longest 3 weeks of my life.
I have no scales,
I'm not allowed to let myself get hungry,
Only eat when i'm hungry,
I mustn't drink alcohol WITH my meal, but can at other times,
I have to be very aware of what i'm eating, no telly grazing,
I must be sitting at the table savouring what i'm eating...tasting each mouthful, not rushing it
I must drink my daily quota of water...wish me luck... the scales part is the only part i'm dreading! As a certifiable scales addict i will still post daily even tho i'll hve locked mine away in a cupboard!!!

Day 1 without my beloved scales :-(

Hotsplashes
01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
OK...I got on the scales today after my week with my company..185!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok XER...we're both going for the same goal now...140!!! So You and I are losing Buddies!! I hope you are feeling better soon!! I was fighting off a wicked cold the last few weeks...Take it easy and you'll stay at your 175 for when you get better!!!

Tulip...keeping busy on your feet IS exercise!! And I'm joining your wagon and I won't go on my scales for 3 weeks either!!! So on February 3rd we'll do a weigh in!!!! It must be hectic getting back to school and work and getting the girls all sent back to school too! Busy lady!! I know you can do what you have your mind set to do!!

It's lovely here today..sunny and 52degrees!!! But I know it's not going last so hopefully my cable guy will be here soon to fix their stupid DVR....which I've been waiting to get fixed for over 5 weeks now....Cuz then I can get the doggies out.

I've got all my windows open to get some freshair into hte place....HOpe to see everyone tomorrow!!!

Flower Fan 86
01-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone!

Getting ready to go to my attorney's office. We have mediation today. I hope it goes well. I would like to see this divorce over with. My half of mediation is $1300 bucks. This guy better be good.

Have been eating like there is no tomorrow. Reason is probably my nerves. Work has sucked and I tend to eat for comfort. Figured I would try to get on track next week. Too many things going on this week.

Talk to you all soon!

Tulip-Fairy
01-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Food Good
Water Good
2nd day without me beloved scales!!!

Good luck with the mediation today Flower...I'll say a prayer for you...and keep my fingers crossed for a favourable outcome!

Splashes - STOP SCREAMING ARGGGG!!! it'll be alright, just stick to the good food, water and exercise...you know you can do it!! especially now your compnay has gone!! Now breath....and again....sit down, deep breath again....there gone...i can carry on the good work...I have my friends at SAA to suppport me!!! Feeling better now??? lol

Well i'm enjoying a half day from work as my little boy i support is off school today as he bump his head in the playground yesterday and is taking it easy today...so i'm off to make some chicken soup for hubby as he is off work today with a cold!! (Men!!)

Hotsplashes
01-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Hello gang....Hope the mediations went well Flower!!! I'm still waiting on mine...ex's suck the big ones!!

Tulip...hope the little guy and the big guy are better!

I've breathed deep!lol Haven't been on the scales since monday...a whole week!! ToM too so I DON"T want to go near the scales with all this water gain...When are we getting on? Feb something?

Xer where you hiding chickie????

Working tons of OT again...silly me...but I'm walking home and it's a 40 minute walk or shorter depending on the music I listen to!lol

See everyone tomorrow nite!!

Xer
01-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm still alive! Haven't really had much to update about, I guess, and I've been pretty busy!

I wish I had the will power to join you gals on the not weighing for three weeks. Unfortunately, even if I did, I couldn't. :P Right now my mom, my aunt, and I are doing kind of a friendly competition weightloss contest. We weigh in on Fridays and see who lost the most weight. The two people who didn't lose as much have to put $5 into the "pot" and the person who "won" that week doesn't have to. At the end of two months whoever lost the most weight in total gets the money. =) I think I have the advantage, though, because I weigh more than both of them and have more to lose! Hehe.

I wanted to ask you guys.. are any of you taking a multivitamin? If so, do you like it? Can you check the back for animal ingrediants for me? I bought some Flintstone vitamins the other day (because I love them, hehe) but when I got home and looked on the label I discovered they had gelatin in them. Blah!

I need to exercise more. I've been out shopping and walking around a lot, I guess, but when I don't think of it as exercising it doesn't seem like I actually did. Anyone else have that problem? It's not really detering my weightloss, though. Down to 173 now!

Tulip-Fairy
01-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Well done on the 173 Xer...keep up the good work and you'll be winning that pot of money!!!

Well it's 5 days since i weighed myself...CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT splashes??? unbeliveable...not saying i haven't been tempted but i am determined. Well done on your abstinance (sp?) too!! We're a third of the way there!!! I'm going to weigh myself on Monday 6th Feb. which is just over the 3 week mark!!!!!

Flower - how did you get on...good news????

Well i've got to go and be a taxi driver for my teenage daughter and her friends....hopefully she will return the favour when she passes her test at the end of this year!!!

Hope you've all had a good weekend...see you monday!

Hotsplashes
01-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Hello everyone!!

Xer congrats on the loss! And I like the Pot idea..but I got noone to do that with!lol I go to the dr.s next wednesday to find out the final assessment on my healed hipl!!l woohoo!!

Tulip...taxi...lucky you!! I haven't gone near my scale other than to move it to sweep around it!! We can do this!!!

Michele

Tulip-Fairy
01-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Monday morning and still no scales insight, I'm coping quite well also.
Food good (gone off my food as i've been suffering with flu)
Water good
Exersice - NONE!!! - see excuse above lol

Xer
01-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Holy cow, gals. I'm dropping weight like crazy. 171 this morning! Maybe I WILL be able to make that 169 before the boy comes home. It's probably mostly water weight, though, so not going to get my hopes up .. and not going to be too disapointed if it goes away tomorrow. ;)

But yes.. he's coming home this Saturday! I'm so excited! Going shopping with my girlfriend on Friday to pick out something hot to wear. Eee.

Still horrible on exercise, good on eating. Probably wont be exercising much at all this week since I have finals and.. we know how that goes. Making some hummus for a healthy snack to keep me from breaking out the chips while studying!

I hope you're all doing well! I'm excited for you to see what your progress is after you step on the scales, girls! I think my problem with not weighing all the time is.. I start thinking "Well, I should lose at least this much.." and when I don't I'm disapointed. It also keeps me from splurging. ;D

Hotsplashes
01-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh THe fluuuuuuuuu ICKYYYY but always a great way to lose weight..sad to say....

Finals..ickkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I'm a stress eater...so I'd be hard pressed not to pull out the tater chips!! Kudos to you Xer!! AND WOOHOO ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!! Let us know what you buy on the shopping trip!!

Today was my do nothing day. And that's pretty well what I did other than take the doggies for their walks...Food ok...water ok...exercise...welllll ..hehehe

Tulip-Fairy
01-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Tuesday and still no scales...arn't i doing well??? Its amazing, I don't think i've gone this long without them. I will be so dissapointed if i haven't lost anything or only a little in the three weeks!!!

Food - good
Water - on target to hit my goal before bedtime
No going to mention the last one!!!! lol

I'm passed wearing HOT clothes so it'll be good to hear what you bought...dont' forget to tell us Xer!

Splashes - a do nothing day?? what a great idea, think i'll have to have one of those...soon!

bye

Tulip-Fairy
01-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Tuesday and still no scales...arn't i doing well??? Its amazing, I don't think i've gone this long without them. I will be so dissapointed if i haven't lost anything or only a little in the three weeks!!!

Food - good
Water - on target to hit my goal before bedtime
No going to mention the last one!!!! lol

I'm passed wearing HOT clothes so it'll be good to hear what you bought...dont' forget to tell us Xer!

Splashes - a do nothing day?? what a great idea, think i'll have to have one of those...soon!

bye

Hotsplashes
01-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I played hooky from work today...feels sooo good...I do that once a year...just for me...it rained here and it's icy...

Water is good, food is good, exercise? yeah right...

But I did get my housework done!lol

Tulip...we're NEVER past Hot Clothes...We just change our Version of HOT as we get older...10 years ago it was mini skirts and sexy silk blouses for me..now it's a really nice dress that shows a bit of leg via a slit, or some really nice pants with a sparkly top that shows my shoulders and my back...It's all in what your version of Hot is!!

See everyone tomorrow nite!

Tulip-Fairy
01-18-2006, 05:12 PM
why are they two of my last message??? :dunno:

Anyhoo - today i did something really bad :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :stress: :stress: :stress: :o :o :cry: :cry:

I bought some really super duper all singing all dancing scales, they were a bargain down from 44.99 to 13.99 It was too good a bargain to pass up...well i set them up and i truelly wasn't going to use them, but then i did!!! :( :cry: :cry: :cry: and the worst of it is...i'e only lost 3/4 of a pound in a WEEK :eek: :eek: :tantrum: :tantrum: I am so cross with myself it's unbelieveable!!!

oh well tomorrow is another day!:mad:

Tulip-Fairy
01-18-2006, 05:15 PM
oh dear i've just lost my post, I submitted my reply and nothing's come up??? It was the one where i confessed too!!!

I'll give it a while and see if it re-appears..if not i'll have to confess again!

Tulip-Fairy
01-18-2006, 05:29 PM
A - ha it turned up...did'nt see spashes post either so it must have been having a silly half hour!!

oh well - my secrets are out and you have a few more posts from me that you expected!!!

see you all tomorrow (so to speak!)

Hotsplashes
01-19-2006, 03:23 AM
SINGING SCALES??? What will they think of next...and Actually Tulip..the weigh in doesnt' count...you were only checking to make sure they worked!! So you are still back on track!!lol

Still sick..one more day off work...but eating has been good...water soso..exercise next to nil!!

Xer
01-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Hm.. well I knew the 171 wasn't going to last long! Lol. I need to stop weighing myself so much! :( Since tomorrow is our weigh in day for our contest, I'll just do really well today and weigh in tomorrow.. and then no more scale until next Friday. Think I can do it?

Two days until my boy comes home! I'm so excited.

That sounds like an awesome deal for a new scale, Tulip! I wouldn't get too discouraged, though. Did you check your weight with your previous scales? They may be a little different in what they tell you you weigh and that could be it. And even if it's not, oh well! Still doing awesome. :)

I've gone for an hour walk the last few days with my friend. Been a good way to relieve stress from finals, but so far I've done good on mine! I'm thinking that my exercise is going to go back downhill for a while once my boyfriend is home. The only way I can think to change that is if I get up early and exercise then.. but I've NEVER been able to get out of bed early! LOL

Tulip-Fairy
01-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks splashes.. i knew i could rely on you to give me the truth.....I wasn't weighing myself..just checking the scales...and they are much higher than my normal bathroom scales actually....nice try Xer!!!!! lol

I know your hearts are in the right place splashes and Xer, but i need to face up to reality...I am... and i quote my new scales...Overfat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i Am trying soooooooooooooooo hard to keep on target!!! failing that i'm ready for throwing in the towel and living off my new cook book my bestest friend has just bought me..."cafe cakes and biscuits" wot do you think?????
But probs i won't

C u all tomorrow

PS - didn't answer anyone's mail.....Xer... if your boys home you will probally not want to eat and be love stuck....enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Splashes - You weren't sick, you told us you played hooky........ you owe it to me to enjoy it!!!!!!!!!! I am living my single life through you......make it count splashes!!!!!!!!!!!! stand proud girl - do something we're all proud of but not brave enough to admit!!!!!!!! lol ENJOY YOUR SICK DAYS!!!! ROFL!!! LOL

Tulip-Fairy
01-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Just read my last post and I DO APOLOGISE!

Flower Fan 86
01-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Howdy Everyone!!!!!

I get my divorce in two weeks!!!!!!!!!

I am not getting as much as if we would have gone to court but this way I am not waiting another year to get it over with. He was so mad after the mediation that they had us leave five minutes before they let him go.

Have been doing bad in the eating. Need to get the chocolate out of the house. I need to stay off the scale. My weight is fluctuating and depending on what it states depends on how my day goes. Can't let it control me.

Going to the high school basketball game with my girls tonight. The older daughter has a volleyball tournament on Sunday so it is going to be a busy weekend.

Talk to you all soon!

Tulip-Fairy
01-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Yeay for Flower...two weeks will just fly past!! How are you going to celebrate??? Enjoy the basketball game.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, I am eating well and water intake is great...and i didn't weigh myself today either...yay me!!

I'll pop back in tomorrow

Hotsplashes
01-21-2006, 09:16 PM
WOOHOO One more week and Xer's BF comes home..2 Weeks Flower is Single again!! And WOOHOO..Tulip is living her single life thru me....Hmmm that's kinda sad Tulip...considering I don't have a life!lol But now I have motivation!! Must get in shape to have good stories to tell Tulip!!lol I was a good girl and made it back to work!lol

I've been eating well...lots of water...good exercise..walkign home from work and walking the dogs!!

I'm puttin gup a fence for my friend tomorrow...more exercise outside!! WHOOHOOO

LOL See everyone tomorrow nite

Tulip-Fairy
01-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Sunday evening and my food has been GREAT water on target. I made a very sweet apple hand cake today to take to church.....everyone loved it and guess what????????? I didn't have any of it....in all truth i'ts probably a tad too sweet for my liking but hey, i resisted and that's the main point right??? lol

Well we haven't heard from Xer since Thursday (by my date - different from yours) she's probably grooming herself to perfection.....hang on, i've just checked the dates again....two days from thursday makes.....Saturday..ogh well were not gonna hear from her until B/F leaves...enjoy yourself Xer....see you soon

Leanne - where are you girl??? this is a mighty long run your on?!! lol

Come on Splashes....make it exciting, I've been with hubby 20 years next month!!!!lol

Hotsplashes
01-22-2006, 07:22 PM
HAppy Anniversary TULIP!!! That is sooo nice to hear...20 years!! WOOHOOO...what's an applehand cake? All this wonderful sounding food I've never heard of before...makes me wanna go to England just to eat!lol

Food has been awesome, water good Exercise good...My mind says go buy taterchips...my body screams NOOOOO so I haven't caved in!! YAY me!!

Will be going to go for another walk with the dogs tonite while the nice mild weather holds out...

I think Xer is working off some calories with the BF!lol...

Leanne prolly took a wrong turn on one of her Marathons and got lost!!!

See everyone tomorrow!!!

Hotsplashes
01-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Hello everyone!!!

Had a great day yesterday...got lots done and went out for a vegetarian lunch with a friend. It's just been way too nice out so I'm taking advantage of it while I can. Lots of walking yesterday.

Eating is great, water is great, Will be walking alot today too!

LeanneM83
01-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey everyone I am still around...just quite busy...myboys are in school on opposite days which means I have to get em all up and ready and out every day, plus take my hubby to and from work, run and weight train, it leaves very little time for me to get on here...lol...oh well...I would miss it if it wasnt like this eh?
Alright, time to get the troops ready for bed...

Update on my progress...
I have started a new "fitness model" training and nutrition program...I am currently in week three, I am VERY happy with it and can already see some huge differences in my body...cant wait to see what I will look like in a few more weeks..

Hope everyone is well, I am still a scale addict so I will be here now and again for some much needed SAA therapy...lol...
Latah
Leanne

Hotsplashes
01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
gees my message from last nite didn't post...

GOOD NEWS SCALE ADDICTS!! A Scientific Study by Japanese scientists says it is GOOD to get on the scale EVERY DAY!!! Because by seeing the changes motivate us more to stay in shape, lose weight...what ever your goal!!!!

See everyone tomorrow

Hotsplashes
01-28-2006, 06:20 PM
ok...gang...sad news here...kinda sorta...I'm gonna be ending the Scale Addicts Anonymous Group....It's been a slice...but it's hard to keep up with just me and Tulip posting. So I'll see everyone on a different in here!!!

KEep up the great work!!

Tulip-Fairy
01-29-2006, 03:10 AM
oh that is sad news splashes....and i feel really bad about it as i haven't managed to post since last week...I love it in here...there is a great bunch of people...it's just shame their all so busy weighing themselves!!

Hope we can all stay in touch...maybe in a different thread???