Old 11-24-2005, 07:51 PM   #1  
TemporaryFatChick

Default How was it??

Did you all have good Thanksgiving days? Everyone still OP? Got yer water in? Any particular challenges\victorys? Spill yer guts girls, I wanna know how ya are

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:36 PM   #2  

Hi,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did well today except the piece of Apple pie my future Sister in Law makes. Best I have ever had. She makes it once a year for Thanksgiving so I did have a slice! I am not to upset though, back on track tomorrow! I refuse to go crazy on a holiday. Reasonable but not nuts!
tama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Well........I guess you could say I was lucky...in a strange sort of way.

I had tuna for lunch, and it wasnt sitting very well in my belly all day!!! I spent most of the afternoon and evening on the couch!! Once I started feeling better, I was getting hungry, I took a pull off a chicken breast (we didnt do turkey) and 1oz of cheese. That was enough to send me back to the couch.

Got my water in tho....and was completely op
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #4  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I did great today. Had 2 bites of sweet potatoes but besides that it was turkey and salad for me I even got in a couple of miles so although I did not meet my Thanksgiving goal, I am pretty proud of myself

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:18 PM   #5  

Robin & BNB:
Congradulations! Sound as if you did wonderful! Way to go on the walking also.
tama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:12 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:28 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Ok. This WHOLE WEEK stunk. My fault and I'm taking the full blame of course. But Thanksgiving is over and it's time to re-lose the weight I KNOW I've re-gained. Didn't realise hunting would mess up my plans. But hard to cook when you don't get home until late (and I could go on and on and make excuses but won't).
But the turkey was good
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #8  
TemporaryFatChick

Regardless of how it went yesterday, or this week, or this month or year... Today's a new day and the perfect time to get OP, take a walk and drink some water.

Personally, I can't wait to see what size swimsuit I'm going to be in when Summer rolls around again

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:05 PM   #9  
on my way down again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
Hi all, Leenie says it best for how I did. I didn't see this post, so I posted how I did (or should I say didn't do) in the weekly thread. But back on Induction today! That's what counts now. :clap:
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 356/265/150

The Thanksgiving get-together at my grandma's was chock full of everything I couldn't eat. Everyone kept saying, "It's just one day, don't worry about it...just enjoy yourself" But you know what? I wouldn't have enjoyed myself if I had eaten like I had every other year. True, one day will not ruin my progress completely, but I've gone 3.5 months with my only cheating being one tootsie roll after Halloween...I've been strong up until now so there's no reason for me not to be strong today. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I NEED to cheat. It was kind of an epiphony because every other diet I've tried has been unsuccesful because I cheated once and told myself that was failure. I can already see a change in my relationship with food...it's for health and energy...not a cure for emotions or the only way I will enjoy a holiday... So instead of kringle, rolls, cornbread, potatoes, pie, etc... I had a salad, grilled chicken breast, and I brought sugar-free pudding (made with heavy whipping cream) as my dessert. The only thing I really missed was my mom's ham, but otherwise I didn't care that I couldn't eat anything snacky (my neice was so confused when I told her I couldn't eat her pretzels and grapes...she's 3.)
Liv4rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Andrea, yep it only takes one time to knock you off your plan for good. Well thats what happend with me. It was chrismas time and I was doing wonderful until I said, ahhhhh I'll just let myself go one or two days.... WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I could not get back on plan after that.

Good for you for sticking to your guns when everyone else is pressuring you. They don't have to go home with the guilt, but you do.

And remember folks, there's gonna be alot of folks that will want to sabotage your efforts. Look that green eyed monster in the face and shout NO!!!!!!!!!

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote