Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 09:59 PM   #1  

Angry Bathroom scales

Can anyone tell me where I can purchuse digital scales that are simular to what weight watchers uses. 1/10 of a pound. I figure there has to be a place somewhere. If you do know where I can get one, can you tell me the cost? Thanks so much. Threads (like sewing threads)
Old 06-27-2001, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I don't know about that, but I know consumer reports did a big article on them. It was really helpful when I was shopping - but then I opted for a less accurate scale that cost a lot less then the super accurate one.
Old 06-28-2001, 10:54 AM   #3  

Morrigan(I hope I spelled that right) What kind of scales did you get? Are they pretty accurate? Mine shows a pound but it would be better for me if it showed just a half pound. I am trying to decide if I want to sign up for the next session of Weight Watchers. I will keep doing the plan but we have to pay for the full 13 weeks instead of weekly. That is a big chunk. I am thinking that I could spend $150.00 for some good scales instead. How much did you pay for yours and where did you find them? Have a great day neighbor. (I am in Wyoming.)
Old 06-28-2001, 12:26 PM   #4  

Default Health-o-Meter

There's a model they sell at WalMart and KMart for aroudn $40 that is supposed to be very accurate, have a lithium battery and weighs to the tenth of a lb. Don't remember the model no. though. I'll look around and see if I can find it.
Old 06-28-2001, 03:24 PM   #5  

Tanita Scales

They are pretty spendy, but from what I hear, they are really good.
Old 07-01-2001, 11:59 AM   #6  

Hey there.... Thought I'd pass along something that came up in my meeting yesterday.

Someone asked our leader the exact same thing - where to get the WW scales. She didn't say exactly where the scales were purchased from, but that they did cost about $500 for the set of scales and the monitor that sits on top of the desk. Also, the reason they're so accurate is that each and every scale MUST be certified by the government of Canada. I guess a govt department tests them and then certifies that they are so accurate.

I guess the next best thing would be to check out your local department store and get what looks to be the most expensive and accurate scale they've got. One suggestion, though... digital isn't necessarily the way to go. I got one once, and ended up taking it back because it was doing really strange things to my weight and there was no way I could recalibrate it. Even though the ones with needles aren't quite so accurate, at least you can see when they're not on '0', and recalibrate them to make them a little more accurate.

Christine
Closed Thread