Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #147

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #147

MemeToo
11-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Can you believe this is thread number 147?

I don't know how much worse I can hurt and still be up moving around. I absolutely have to clean my nasty house today but I have no energy at all. I know my blood is all the way to the bottom ... just don't want to go have it checked. They never do anything about it anyway so what's the point. I know ... gripe, gripe, gripe.

Hope your sister is OK Joanne.

Well, back to the grindstone ... hope you all have a great Turkey Day tomorrow. My kids aren't coming 'till Friday so I have an extra day to play catch-up! The way I feel I'm going to need it!!!

http://memeart.tripod.com/gobbleturkeyrun.gif

http://www.design-max.net/getupandgo.jpg

Tammy
11-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mima
11-25-2005, 06:28 AM
Good morning!! We had a nice dinner at DIL's mother's except they didn't heat up my squash and sweet potatoes-put them in oven but it wasn't on!! Jill and mike went to go in the kayaks and Jill fell in -Mike thought it was funny and then he fell in !! At home, it snowed!! My kids went to my SIL's. But we will see them at Christmas. Can't seem to find lighted nativity scene that I want to put out front. Bye for now. Mima

Tammy
11-25-2005, 03:33 PM
lol about the oven not being on. Tim loves to kayak. Not sure if he's ever fallen in. It is pretty cold here. In the 20's right now. Colder tonight. Hope you can find the nativity scene that you want Mima.

I'm going to go pack up a few more things either to put in an auction or to move to the new house. We have a closet emptied here where we are putting items for an auction. At least now I don't have oodles of boxes in the middle of the living room.

Joanne D
11-26-2005, 02:55 PM
It is almost 80 here!We had a nice Thanksgiving.. Going to my sons tonight to eat up the leftovers. Eleni still in hospital. She has the flu among her heart problems. I have only been there once. She said not to come. They diagnosed her after I was there. I have a little sore throat. I hope it is not the flu. We haven't had our flu shots yet.They are scarce down here.. Hope everyone is having a good weekend...Joanne

Tammy
11-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Joanne, with the sore throat it is probably best that you aren't visiting Eleni. Take care of yourself young lady!!

It was in the 40's here today. Might be 50+ tomorrow. Good day to work out in the barn to get things ready to move.

Mima
11-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Another one moving-after all those years, take it easy Tammy. Went to a train show yesterday-Evan liked them but wanted to play with them. I am into my shopping!!! But I can't find that nativity set!!! Only on e-bay and the shipping is high!! Priest gave a nice homily about saying Merry Christmas, among other good things. It is getting ridiculous-that's why I want to put up the nativity set!!! Church and eat out day. Have a good Sunday, Mima

Happy Canuk
11-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Good morning. Sorry to be away so much, but life happens.

Mima - I hope you find the Nativity Scene you want. I can't believe they are that hard to come by. Glad you enjoyed you time with Evan.

Tammy - when is moving day? Soon I guess. Well take it easy and soon you will be moved in.

Joanne - sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she gets better soon. As for you, hope that it doesn't turn out to be the flu. I got my first flu shot ever, a week ago, and then felt like I had a MAJOR FM flare the following couple of days. Sore, aching muscles and all. Feeling better now. Had to get one as the LAB where I am working requires it. Hope you feel better soon.

Meme - Gosh, I wish you get to feeling better. You just push yourself way to hard. I wish Candice would get back here, but I am guessing that won't happen for a while.

Job is going good. Am quite enjoying being back in the work force.

Last Saturday, I had one NASTY fall, and am still paying the price. Jarred everything from my toes to my neck. Have black and blue knees and even one skinned on:dizzy: Just now that the pain is starting to settle into every crevis in the old body. Need to go see my Chiro on Monday. Hope the snow stays away until after that.

Everybody enjoy their day.

Joanne D
11-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Eleni may go home tomorrow. She is tired of the hospital. I don't know what has happened to nursing care. She sure didn't get it this time. Personally I would not go to that hospital ,if I had the choise. I have been there and did not get good care. Complaining is useless. I guess whatever I had is clearing up. No, I am not taking a chance getting her flu or giving her something else. The phone worked fine.I still have to start my shopping. I dread it. I do not like shopping. Getting my hubby in the mood to go with me is part of the battle. He won't give me the car. He thinks he is the only one that can drive.What a pain.I have been in the heavy traffic without his help many times. This started when he retired.
Bye..Joanne

Tammy
11-27-2005, 08:29 PM
I hope you are feeling better after that fall! I truly believe that when I fell the spring of 2003, it triggered the fibromyalgia. I had some minor problems before then, but after that it was all downhill until I was finally diagnosed and put on some medicine. Glad you and the job are agreeing with each other! That's good! Don't stay away so long!!!

We are not positive of the official moving day. We've taken boxes to the new house and put things in closets. I have started putting things into the kitchen cupboards, things that I don't use often. The painters should start tomorrow. We're thinking 2 weeks or less for the painting. Then we can get the furniture and appliances delivered. Not sure if we're moving the rest of the furniture before or after the other is delivered. We leave for Georgia on the 20th or 21st of December. We think we should have the majority of the stuff in the new house by then.

Mima, I remember when my son was little and we would go to train shows. Just like Evan!! He wanted to play with them. I hope you will be able to find the nativity set that you are wanting. It can be so frustrating when you know what you want and can't find it!!

Joanne, I know what you mean about the nursing care. It isn't what it used to be. I feel bad for the nurses. They are short-handed and overworked most places. Uh oh. Bob retired the end of October. Hope he continues letting me drive. I'm better than he is!! I have bought things for all of the students in my class (lotion, chapstick, book, bookmark). I have a couple things for Bob and Tim. The nieces and nephews will get $$. That's what they always want, so that's easy. I always have bought for the other teachers at my grade level. I really don't feel comfortable enough to buy things for the 2 that I'm teaching with now. I've known them both for years, but I don't really "know" them.

I stopped at school and finished up my lesson plans for this week. We are giving a practice test for the big Ohio Achievement Test that we will give in March. I'm sure the kids will be totally thrilled. lol

MemeToo
11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Ugh ... I can't believe we're talking about buying Christmas presents already! Seems like it should still be summer! My daughter sent me some pictures of bikes for Jenna who is 6 ... I sent my son an email and asked if Kaylyn needed a bike. Haven't heard back. I like to get the kids the same thing so there isn't any jealousy on Christmas Day ... there's only 16-18 mos. difference between each of them so that has worked well so far. I get the same for the girls and the same for the boys. May not be possible this year. I really HATE Christmas shopping ... I don't mind shopping when I feel good and when it's not too crowded ... but not too much of either of those going around lately! :p I think I've found hubby a good present. Got an advertisement from Sears in my email today ... 7 ft. pool table. I'll have to clean the big room in the basement out ... big time!!!

Bad storms coming through here this evening. Already hit Nashville. The wind has been blowing like it's March all day. It's supposed to rain all night ... even possible tornados. Not good for arthritis and fibro!

My gang was so good over Thanksgiving. Everybody was in a good mood. We played the new 80's Pop Trivia game and it was hilarious. Just watching my son act some of that stuff out and sing some of those old songs cracked me up! Even my SIL was in rare form and participated ... it was a good day. The little girls crawled inside Sam's dog house and when they came out their hair had so much static electricity in it it was standing straight up on their heads ... funniest thing I ever saw in my life, looked like they had stuck their fingers in an electrical outlet. Plus, they were completely covered in long, red dog hair. (Sami is a golden retriever.) SIL had to roll them down with a lint roller. :D

They just issued a tornado watch for our county ... gonna get bad!

http://www.memeart.com/images/jennakaylyn.jpg

Mima
11-29-2005, 06:01 AM
That sounds like fun!! It's so good that you put your stuff in your house already, Tammy. I didn't know your husband retired!!! Wow-Art class yesterday, then 2 hours at Beall's outlet cuz I got 35% off. And then grocery shopping at Walmart-with Brad. It's much easier with him-but we each take a carriage. I have given up on the nativity-just want some pretty lights now-Maybe after Christmas I can get one for next year. Need to stay home today!!!!!!Fibro is not good and it's going to rain but tornadoes are not good!!! Be safe. Mima I hope Eleni is better!!!!

MemeToo
11-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Been up all night ... feel awful.

At least I got my website redone for Christmas. It's 'plumb purtty' if I do say so myself. Go see ... http://www.memeart.com

Joanne D
11-29-2005, 11:45 AM
You haven't lived till your hubby retires! I worked for several years after mine did. It was when I retired that he thought I couldn't drive anymore. I never had an accident or ever a ticket!Men!!!!
Hello Everybody...Joanne

MemeToo
11-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see my husband try to keep me from driving! That'll be the day. He told me to go this week and get a business licence plate for his Dodge Ram because we have to go to Georgia this weekend and pick up a Cargo Trailer for a customer ... well ... the business is in MY name ... :D So I said "you know, once you do that your truck becomes MY truck! He just gave me 'the look'! ;) (I really love that truck!) :p

http://www.cswnet.com/~ozarksof/ani/pickup.gif

Mima
11-30-2005, 07:28 AM
I have never driven Brad's truck-it's too big. Well, I got my nativity scene-we traveled to Naples because the Lowes across the street was sold out. Go to Lowes.com and search for an outdoor nativity set and the one that is $167 is the one I bought!!! But it has all the figures, Poor Brad-he gets the fun job of putting it together. At least we will have lights. Today I have to go get the Gaither tickets-they will be here in January plus I need to go to the Mall down there. they have a Coach outlet and Suzanne wants a bag. And Bobby wants a John Deere hat and Champion socks. They don't have any of those things at Walmart!!!!!!!!! Brad would take me but I want to shop!!!! I'm in the mood. mima

Tammy
11-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Meme, are you feeling any better? I sure hope so. I'll have to check out your site sometime. Right now I'm ready to go to bed (as usual). I think getting the kids similar gifts is a good idea. We have a pool table in our basement. It was here when my parents bought the house in 1966. Loved the picture with the flyaway hair!!!!

Mima, I am so glad you found the nativity set!! Enjoy the Gaithers! I have one of the CDs that I haven't even opened yet. Tim loved John Deere things when he was younger.

Mima
12-01-2005, 05:35 AM
I went to the Mall and got Suzanne a pocketbook at Coach-wrong one. Have to go back but Brad needs to get me that jewelry box I saw and maybe that small pocketbook. But I got the tickets!!! My head is really stuffed-probably allergies. We went to the church for dinner and then found out they weren't having it so we looked for other restaurants -using a coupon-and got stuck in traffic. Finally ate at mel's Diner-bet Joanne knows that one, Talked to a woman from Brad's church-she fell in the canal trying to cut down a branch. Nasty infection!!!! Definitely agree with giving kids the same present when they are the same age. Guess I don't have to do that-17, 15, and 1!!!!!!And 17 and 15 are not near each other at Christmas. But we give Brad's step grandcildren all gift cards-Walmart!! Then you can get 2x as much after Christmas. Bye for now Mima ps -Nativity looks nice-just the stable left to put up.

Tammy
12-02-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm looking at jewelry boxes too! I decided that when we move, I will have things organized. Actually, Bob is the one who suggested it. lol

Maybe we could all stop by and see the Nativity Mima. Have some hot chocolate for us. Of course, you are probably warmer than 15 degrees, right?

A mother of one of my students brought in a huge basket full of goodies this morning. There were things for me to use in the classroom, a teacher pin to wear, a candle, a cookbook, and a poncho that she had crocheted! I couldn't believe it. I told her she was nuts. She told me how much she appreciates everything that I've done for her sons. I had the oldest in 2nd grade, and I had this one in 2nd and now 4th. They attended our church for a while, and I think that brought us closer together. It's a beautiful basket too. I think it will look great beside my recliner at the new house with all of my reading materials in it.

Weekend!! Woo hoo!!!

Mima
12-03-2005, 06:31 AM
Awesome,Tammy!! It brought back memories of very thoughtful parents!!! My son is moving this weekend!! In MA. He has lots of help. When it's light out, I am going to the yard sale up front. I can walk there. I haver been wheezing and achy for 3 days now. Not sure if it's allergies. I brought back Suzanne's pocketbook and got one for me from Brad-also the jewelry box. Very nice. there is a QVC outlet at the mall!!! I also went to Al's school and picked up my gorgeous pointsettia. Tonight we are taking Al to the Christmas pageant -we have to go get her and take the van. It was awesome last year-like something on Broadway. They always go from the nativity to the resurrection . They go all out to get new believers. And they do-200 voices in the choir. Al loves any kind of music!!! She wants more piano music for Christmas. Bye for now Mima Go slow Tammy. You too Meme!! Hi Anne and Joanne. And anyone else who visits, Mima

Tammy
12-03-2005, 12:10 PM
The Christmas pageant sounds so nice! I'm sure you will all enjoy it.
Hope your wheezing and aches go away. Do you have something to take for it that helps at all? I hate for people to be feeling poorly.

Tim and I are getting ready to load some things to take to the new place. Bob and a friend drove to Cincinnati to get Les a new van. Not sure why he couldn't find one closer than 150 miles away! Oh well. I told them to go shopping and buy me something nice. Ha!!

Mima
12-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Good morning. Wish you all could have been at the pageant. First part was like a Broadway show and second part was the birth-resurrection of Jesus. They had a horse, goat , camel , 3 sheep and a donkey.When the camel came out , we were stunned. Anyhow, Alison loved it. We so want her to get the message because her parents have rebeled against church and they go to a non denominational. Awake at 4:45 so might as well go the the 8 o'clock service. Sunday school. out to eat, Macy's and a looooong nap. Have a good day everyone. Mima

Tammy
12-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Mima, I'm glad that you are trying to get the message across to Alison. We've taken my nephews to church a few times, and when they are in my van, we only listen to Christian radio. I figure that every little bit they are around me, they are learning something.

We're getting ready for our 2nd trip to the house today. Bob's a bit grumpy so we're staying out of his way. I didn't know until yesterday, that he is planning to take all of our bedroom furniture to the new house next Saturday. Wish people would let me know things. I didn't figure we'd be living up there until after we return from Georgia after Christmas.

Mima
12-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Guess you will have to sleep on the floor if you don't. My son Bob moved this weekend into his beautiful new house. Now he has to fix something up for the dog so he won't fall down the stairs since he is blind. Went to the mall and got a good discount on Suzanne's purse. And a John Deere hat!!! Here are our Christmas lights. If they are not there I am stupid about posting pics!!! Mima I need to know how to make it smaller.21867

Mima
12-05-2005, 07:32 AM
I did it!!!!!!!!

Tammy
12-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Mima, way to go on the picture! The Nativity looks great.

I honestly think I might stay here some nights after we move the bedroom furniture. It will be a shorter drive to school from this house, and I've been getting there pretty early lately. Might wait till after the new year to stay up there every night. We'll still have 2 sofas here that we are putting in an auction, so I'd have a comfortable spot.

Met some friends for supper tonight. I hadn't met with them since October, so it was nice to catch up on things.

Bob and Tim went out to eat too. Bob saved me some steak for tomorrow's lunch. Yummy!

Mima
12-06-2005, 05:49 AM
We are probably going to have to sleep on the couch when we get home. We have a water bed-soft sider- and Brad thinks the baffles might be frozen for a while.Woke up at 3:45 and couldn't go back to sleep. need a nap soon. Mima

Happy Canuk
12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi fibropals. Hope you are all having a good day.

Tammy - moving is hard enough, but I couldn't stand to have it drag on. When I move, I just go:dizzy: I hope the move will be easy for you. Glad you found some time to get out and enjoy yourself. It is ALWAYS nice to catch up with friends.

Mima - good work on that picture and a good picture it is. That looks really nice. Sleeping on the couch might be hard on your back. Can you borrow a mattress from somebody and put IT on the floor?

Meme - I would LOVE a truck and have looked at the new Honda Ridgeline. I took it for a test drive and it is a magnificent vehicle. Just can't justify having one, as we don't really NEED a truck. I do love my CRV however.

Joanne - how are you doing? and how is your sister? and how was TG. You didn't have to cook and that must have been so nice for you. Thinking about you today. I woke up and it was -26C or about 20below F. Warmed up to about 0 today, but we are heading to warmer weather tomorrow and up to and hopefully including Christmas. It should be around 32 to 40 above. At least we will have a white christmas as this snow isn't going anywhere.

Well, have to run. Got to go get a much needed haircut.

Mima
12-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi everybody-There is a nice woman from Ottawa in my Art class. She showed me pics of the scenery at home and they looked a lot like yours Anne, even though I know she doesn't live anywhere near you. I have diverticulitis but I was smart enough to have my presrip refilled before I came down so I have taken 2 already. Going shopping today-almost done. Mima

Tammy
12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Anne, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And I think I'm cold!! It was in the teens again today. My classroom is so hot though even with the cold outside. We have our windows open every day. Today the custodian came in and completely turned off the heat in my room. We're going to try it for a day or two and see how it works. Even with the heat off today, we had a window open by the end of the day.

The moving a little at a time has been ok really. I can put things away in the kitchen and the closets before all the furniture is there to get in my way. lol

Bob and I went to Red Lobster tonight. We hadn't been there in ages. Tim and one of his friends went to a college basketball game. One of his professors at the community college gave them tickets to the game. Nice!

Mima, if you had the couch in my living room you would be very comfortable. It is wonderful to sleep on. The couch in the family room is another story. We won't be moving either one of them, so I'll have to camp out sometimes here until we take it to the auction.

There are 9 more school days until our break. Think we need to get started on our presents for the parents? Oh my! I have some ornament kits from Oriental Trading that we are going to make. Well, we're going to try to make them. The kids know that I'm not a crafty person, so this could be hilarious!!

Mima
12-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Sounds like fun, Tammy. Best present I ever made with K kids-take a bar of Sweetheart soap-I don't know if they make it anymore. Have the kids bring in broken jewelry, beads etc, You can make legs by threading beads-and it stands up. Then put other things on top-designs etc, The kids used common pins to thread beads. You wouldn't believe what they created and they were only 5 years old. Some messy, some beautiful. It works with other soap but the Sweetheart was oval and pretty. A decoration for the bathroom. Course now they sell beads. Walmart yesterday-Target today. Saw the budget for Brad's church here-9 million and they get more than they need, 10% is Missions. God is blessing that church. Mima

Tammy
12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
That craft sounds cute! Wow to the budget for the church!! They are definitely being blessed.

When I got to school this morning, I was concerned because it was so cold. I figured my room would be an iceberg since the heat was turned off yesterday. It was wonderful!!!! One of my little girls said, "Now I can wear my sweaters!" Too cute.

We are getting lots of snow right now. It started as soon as school let out. Should have 5+ by midnight, not sure how much by morning. A couple schools around have already closed. The HS principal is in charge of calling ours off or delaying in the morning because the superintendent is out of town. Joel (other 4th grade teacher) and I gave him 50 cents to help him make his decision. He cracked up!!

Mima
12-09-2005, 05:26 AM
We are getting 6-10 inches at home!!! Just hope it stays away after that. You could use a day off Tammy. How is Eleni doing, Joanne? We went to our Sunday School Chritmas party and the couple in chrge didn't get anything hardly to eat because 2 extra people showed. But it was nice. Low key. In a big church like that, you have to get into a small group. Bye for now. Mima Oh yeah, i went to Target and got lots of gift cert. but now I am stuck on the last 8 gifts!!!

Tammy
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Mima, Bob and Tim spent quite a while on the driveway this morning with the snow blower and shovel. We received our call last night about no school today, so that was great. I've been going through things and packing today. I really need to get my Christmas cards done. I printed labels and a Christmas letter, so I really don't have that much to do. Stick labels on, fold the letter, sign the cards! I usually still write a handwritten note to some of the people though.

That's too bad about extra people showing up for the party. Not that they weren't welcome, I'm sure, but that there wasn't enough for everyone to eat. My class decided yesterday about our Christmas party. We are having a gift exchange and having pizza! Each child will donate some $ (not more than $1) toward the cost of the pizzas. I'll make up the difference and also get pop, plates, napkins.

Well, I think I'll go see what else I can do while the guys are gone. They took a vanload up to the house, and then they are picking up the U-haul for the furniture.

Hope everyone will have a good weekend! I keep thinking this is Saturday since we aren't at school.

Happy Canuk
12-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Tammy, a snow day was nice for you. We NEVER get those here, except out in the country and that is ONLY if the road is blocked. Enjoy that snow. We hardly have any and probably won't get much until next year:carrot: Hope your moving is going well.

Mima - Well, it sounds like you had a good turn out, but really, if only 2 extra people appeared they didn't allow for much. Hope your tummy is doing better.

Work was so busy today. The wait for getting your blood work done was about 1 1/2 hours if you didn't have an appt. My goodness, EVERYBODY must have decided to go to the Dr.

Today felt like Spring had sprung. It was around 48 F, so the kids will have fun playing outside. Because it has turned warm, that dry snow has filled with moisture and they will have fun making snowmen and having snowball fights as well as going sleding. Winter is such a fun time for kids.

Where has Meme gotten to. Seems like such a long time ago she was here.

Joanne - I wish you would stop in as well.
Hope you all have a good weekend.

Tammy
12-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Anne, it sounds like everyone really did decide to go to the doctor! Keeps you hopping, right? It's in the low teens temperature-wise here, so there weren't many people out if they didn't have to be. I was out once on the back step to let the dog out.

I agree that we need to hear from everyone. Puts my mind at ease to hear from them when we haven't heard for a while. I'm a nervous nelly I guess.

Mima
12-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Wow-moving day tammy!!!!!Great to have that day off yesterday. We got a foot at home-I called my brother while I was sitting next to the pool. Massage today and just in time -back hurts again but I haven't been stretching, Hi to everyone. Mima

Eleni
12-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi there,This is Joanne's sister Eleni. I am doing much better . Joanne's computer is all messed up and she hasn't been able to post.She wanted me to let you all know she will be back as soon as she gets a new computer. She hasn't forgotten you guys it is just her computer.
Happy Holidays from us both

Happy Canuk
12-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Eleni, good to see you posting. Hope you are feeling better, and yes, I really miss Joanne. Give her a hug for me.

MemeToo
12-11-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm here ... been really busy. Had to go with hubby to Knoxville today to pick up another trailer then we went to the mall Christmas shopping. Got a lot done and that's a good thing because I hadn't done any! I haven't even started on my cards yet. I just bought them a couple of days ago. I'm really behind. I got my tree finished Thursday and came back home tonight and finished my village. I'm so tired I could drop and I'm going to. I'm headed for the shower right now and then to my warm water bed ... can't wait.

I'm posting a picture of my Christmas village and also of my manger scene. The village was too long so I couldn't get the train station in it but everything else is there ... you can't hardly see the ice pond, though ... you can see the people sitting on benches around it if you look really close - by the bridge on the right side.

Hope you all have a good Sunday and Tammy gets moved and off the couch and Joanne gets her computer fixed! More later, about to fall asleep.

http://www.memeart.com/images/village.jpg

http://www.memeart.com/images/nativity.jpg

Mima
12-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Love your decorations, meme. Oh Eleni-it's good to hear from you and hope you will continue to feel better. Hi tammy!!! Hi Anne!! Relaxing day today-church, Sunday School and eat out. Mima

Tammy
12-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Good Morning! Tim and I stayed at the new house last night. Bob and Kramer stayed at the other one. Bob was doing some things in the basement and thought he'd just stay there instead of making a trip here just to sleep. We're meeting my brothers and families at Olive Garden at noon for our Christmas, then back to one of their houses for gifts, then I need to go to school and get some lesson plans done since we didn't have school Friday. I'm supposed to be observed this week, so I guess I should know what I'm doing (even if the principal doesn't, HA!). Also need to bring more things up here. I still have clothes hanging in my old closet. I also realized that the only socks I brought up here were white ones. I think I forget to empty some drawers. The dresser that I had things in is going in the auction, so I wasn't thinking about emptying.

Eleni, so nice to hear from you! Glad things are better with you. Tell Joanne to get that computer fixed soon!!!

Meme, the pictures are great! My aunt has a village that she keeps up year round. Lucky she has the space for it. Tim has a few of the little buildings, but they aren't going to be out of their boxes this year, that's for sure. You had to be exhausted after everything that you did! Take it easy today.

Mima, enjoy the day!! It does sound like a relaxing one.

MemeToo
12-11-2005, 04:27 PM
We ate at Olive Garden in Knoxville yesterday ... split a Choc. Lasagna for dessert. Can't eat all of one of those ... OD on choc! I love that place. Ate at Chili's today, I'm stuffed. Gotta take it easy for a few days ... Christmas is a comin' and I'm not gonna be able to get in my jeans!

That village is a lot bigger than it looks. It's sitting on an entertainment center that has a 25" flat screen TV in the center, a stereo system with DVD player, etc. on one side and a video cabinet with end door on the other side. I shrank the size of the picture to try to get all the building in and still couldn't get it all to fit. The hardest thing about it is getting the street lights and trees to sit up. The lights all work so they have wires attached to battery boxes that sit back behind the buildings ... what a pain. The only one you can tell that's shinning in the picture is the one by the blue garage door to the gas station on the far left. All the buildings are lighted, too ... you should see all the cords behind my entertainment center! :p Oh well, my little kids love it ... they have to get the stool out and then they take turns standing on it to look. So it's worth the effort. Garrett is almost tall enough to see it now without the stool ... hard to believe! I wonder which one of them will wind up with my village someday! Hmmmm ...

Gotta go pack gift bags for my piano students. This will be my last week to teach until 2006!!!
:carrot: :cheer: :woo: :dance: :cp:
(Can you tell I'm happy???) :D ;)

Mima
12-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Sounds like Brad's wiring for his trains. Go tammy Go!!! We ate at Mimi's -a great restaurant around the corner. Our friends are going back to West Virginia but will be back after Christmas. We were in Sunday School and one of the members got sick and had to be taken to the hospital!! I had a busy afternoon because I had to empty all the cupboards-we signed up for pest control so they have to come in the house the first time. Living in Fl brings its problems. After this we should be pest free. Mice in the North!!!!The high is 20 toady-do we really want to go back??? Brad says we should stay at a motel-I agree. Art class today-hope I can stay. Mima

Tammy
12-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Meme, my niece and I talked about splitting one of those desserts, but we decided against it since we were going back to her house for dessert afterwards. Very tempting though!!

I want to come and see your village. I don't think I'll need the stool!! Yes, I could tell you are happy!!! 6 more school days until break!! 5 for me because I have a personal day on Friday!! Woo Hoo!!!

Mima, I agree about the motel! Get one with a whirlpool!! Have fun at art class. Oh, I guess that was yesterday. Hope you had fun at art class!! lol
Hope the person from Sunday School is alright.

MemeToo
12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
I went Sun. night and saw all my little kids in a play at their church ... a musical. It was really good. All four of mine can sing ... that whole church is blessed with talent. They have a huge gang of kids. The age range looked to be about 5 to 18. They even had one rapper ... all the kids put on sun glasses and rapped with him - he looked to be about 16 and he acted it out. He was very good with all his yo-yos. :D That was right down Jenna Rae's alley ... she love's stuff like that. She put her hand on her hip and yo-yoed right along with him! ;) Her mama had her all dressed up like an adult with her hair up and makeup and lipstick. All the kids were dressed like adults. They were so cute. The name of the play was "Free Gift". The stage was set like a store ... two angels, Gabriel and a 'rookie' angel was supposed to be trying to get last minute shoppers to take the 'free gift' of salvation but everyone was either too busy or in a hurry or too rich or something and each shopper sang a song about why they didn't want the gift. The younger choir standing in the back sang the chorus with them and filled in between singing other songs that went along with the musical. It took a lot of work. My daughter directed it.

Tonight we're going to Garrett & Kaylyn's school to see them in their school play. That's my son's kids ... they go to a private school so their plays are always longer and more entailed than most school plays. They don't have as many children and the teachers work with the kids more than they do in public schools. I think there are only about 12-15 kids to a classroom so they can do that!

Only 2 more days to teach and I'm on break for 2 whole weeks!!! (It will fly by!)

Mima
12-14-2005, 05:18 AM
That play at church sure sounds nice. Boohoo. We had to bring our nativity set back to Lowe's and get our money back. Some of the lights wouldn't work and we couldn't fix them and neither would thety try. It was way too much money to keep it. peo ple are asking where it is!!! Presents wrapped except for the ones that came yesterday. 2 more to come. That man in SS was having a catherization yesterday s o we haven't heard yet. Are you settled enough Tammy? Bye for now Mima gotta get back on the couch!!!

kaplods
12-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi Guys! Haven't been in for a while. I've been in constant flare since it started getting cold. Maybe once it settles in, I'll be ok, but it seems like the weather changes every other day. Just found out I need sinus surgery again to boot - ooh yippy. Oh well, I'll worry about that in January.

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone Happy Holidays, whichever they may be (heck, invent one if you have to - this time of year we need them the most).

Mima
12-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Hi there. Merry Christmas to you. I am having Evan this morning, Brad says we are leaving Sunday after church!!!Gotta get the house ready for Evan!!!! Mima

MemeToo
12-15-2005, 04:25 PM
I have to teach tonight and then I'm done until Jan. 2nd. Tomorrow night we're going to hear the 'big kid's' cantata at their church ... son, daughter and DIL are all singing ... I think they all have solo parts. I guess SIL is going to babysit. ;) Then Sat. night is the Christmas party at our church. I'm glad we decided to just have sandwiches and junk food instead of a whole big dinner like we did last year. That just kills me to do that. My best friend and I are making soup to go with the sandwiches ... that's bad enough. I laughed so hard at her ... she's making Taco Soup ... so she called the other night while I was teaching. Hubby answered the phone and called downstairs to me, I was letting one student out and taking another in when he calls down to me that Glenda was on the phone and wanted to ask me a question. I said well, what is it, I'm kind-of busy here. There was a pause and he laughed and said, her soup recipe calls for a can of beer, should she go ahead and make it for church anyway! I nearly died laughing. She's such a nut case. I told her to put a can of soda in it instead. What a goober. :p Even though the heat would kill the alcohol, I can just imagine some of the folk's reactions if they ever found out they were eating soup that had beer in it!!! Especially our pastor! :eek:

Well, almost time to resume teaching ... have early lessons and late lessons on Thursday.
L O N G day! It's so gloomy out today, been dark all day long. It isn't even 3:30 yet and it looks like it's nearly 6 already. I just don't like winter.

Tammy
12-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Just wanted to check in real quick. Things are pretty busy doing things at both houses. We get the living room furniture delivered tomorrow. I'm getting used to cutting across it, so now I'll have to be careful. Going away this weekend with my friends. We leave at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to it. We always have so much fun.

Take care everyone. I don't know if i'll be back on before we leave or not.

Mima
12-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Lost post-darn computer. Have fun Tammy!. Meme, the beer would evaporate. Lady from Maine is coming over-her whole houuse was destroyed from Wilma. We are taking her out to eat and will help her move into her rented house. All packed-mostly. Bye for now Mima

Mima
12-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Merry Christmas all!!! leaving today and don't know if I can post. Love you all!! Mima

Joanne D
12-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey There!
I am back in business!Got a new Dell and still have to get used to it.. I was lost not being able to get on and talk to you guys..I haven't had time to read the posts I missed.. We had a nice weekend. Today is my Hubby's 80th B/D. Went to church and kids took us out to a really nice Greek resturant.I brought 2/3 of my meal home.. Bye for now..Joanne

Tammy
12-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Joanne, Happy Birthday to your husband!!! I'd sing for him, but I think it's a bit far for him to hear me. Glad to have you back!!!! New computers are always interesting to get used to, aren't they?

My friends and I spent the weekend in Metamora, Indiana. Little canal town, lots of shops!!! This was the last weekend the shops will be open, so we were all able to get some nice bargains. I bought a tablecloth for the dining room table and a centerpiece to go on top. Beautiful!!

We only have 2 days of school this week. We leave Tuesday after school for Georgia. I'm unpacking tonight to pack again! silly!!

Joanne D
12-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I must be doing something wrong. I should be getting emails from 3fc.I have to log in each time.I am still getting used to this new computer. Yes the hubby had a nice B/D..Joanne

Happy Canuk
12-20-2005, 02:24 PM
just a quick note to let you all know that I am still alive:)

Joanne - nice to see you back online. A nice new computer and you should be set. Glad hubby had a good birthday. That is something to celebrate.

Tammy - hope you have now gotten moved in completely and are getting used to your new home. Soon you will be all finished with school and have a bit of a much needed break.

Mima - Hope you made it home safely. I also hope it isn't too cold for you.

Meme - well, I know you are just as busy as always. Don't forget to take some much needed time, just for you.

Well, I am plodding along. Work is getting easier as I am getting toknow more:carrot: By the time I learn it and get really proficient, it will be the end of the term I was hired for:dizzy:

Everybody have a good day, take time to sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea and put your feet up.

MemeToo
12-24-2005, 02:39 AM
Well ... not been busy ALL week as usual ... and not JUST getting much needed rest, either (although resting by necessity). Had the stomach virus. Lost nearly the whole week. I started getting sick Mon. morning about 3 AM and vomited for 7 hrs. (Both ends actually.) Ran a temp. - Body aches that were worse than the fibro & arthritis combined. I'm still not back to 100%. I don't have ANY presents wrapped, still don't have all my housework done and NONE of my baking done. I had Jenna and Ross all day yesterday so I really have only had today to get anything done because I was in bed for 3 days.

Oh ... by the way Anne ... I sent you a card but it came back for some strange reason. I must have had your address wrong or something. No telling. Sorry!

Well, just thought I'd let you know why I haven't been around & wish you all a Merry Christmas in case I don't get back over the weekend.

http://www.memeart.com/images/anmerrychristmas8.gif

http://www.memeart.com/images/ansantamoon.gif

Happy Canuk
12-24-2005, 09:50 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.

Meme, hope you feel better soon. Not much fun being sick to your stomach. Soon, all the hooplah will be over for another year. I know I have overdone it. My back is screaming at me from top to bottom. Even pain meds don't help. I am off to Edmonton this morning, and stopping for a massage before I get to my daughters. After that, I should be good.

Again, may your Christmas be everything you want it to be.

Joanne D
12-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Merry Christmas Everybody !I have just about everything caught up!:carrot:
Joanne

Candicej
12-25-2005, 02:01 AM
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you didn't fall off your chairs when you saw my post!
STill do not have my new computer but getting one later, I'm at my brothers in MO and using his new one! On mine the pages here will not even load for me to read anything so cannot post!!!!!!!

Thr trip down here was very hard this time,to sit with all my hip and back pain and of course not much sleep either with all the Christmas stuff going on......:)

I will be back soon and you al will be tired of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MemeToo
12-25-2005, 02:51 AM
CANDICE!
We'll never get tired of you!!! We've missed you soooo bad!!! I'm glad you're back. Get that new computer soon. So, now you have the trip home to worry about. Bummer.

I have everything done. Now, I get to sleep for 4 1/2 hrs. and start again. We're having a Narration of the Christmas Story at Church at 10:30 A.M. with different songs ... I'm singing "Heaven's Child" in there somewhere ... not sure just where. The Choir is singing 2 and a couple of other people are singing. Then the kids are all coming over for dinner and gift exchange afterward (if I live that long.) Gotta fall in bed ... Guess Santa has already passed me by! ;)

Candicej
12-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Meme things sure have not changed withyou .........busy busy busy you!!!!!!

We had a nice day at my brothers with the whole family..lots of good food too!!!!!!!! We go to my nieces tomorrow and back home Tuesday. Then my sons girl is coming through to pick him up and take him back to school, meeting her for the first time! MY HOUSE IS A MESS!.....and I will be tired and cranky.......oh my..poor girl!

Joanne D
12-26-2005, 06:42 PM
It is nice to see you back Candice..I hope the trip home was not so bad. Hurry up and get your computer up and working.
Meme- It seems we all get under the weather at this time of the year. maybe it's the stress and just doing too much. I know it is for me.
I had a house full yesterday. Everyone chipped in so it wasn't quiet as bad as in the past. Never the less ,I am glad that now I can get to something that is normal. I have to lose the 3 lbs I gained. I was going to start today. It is my 52nd wedding anniversary. My hubby slept most of the day. Now after eating some left overs he is back in front of the tv. It won't be long before he will be getting ready for bed time.. I have a good book. They tell me that this is the "golden years".
Cool here. It will warm up tomorrow. Hello Everybody..Joanne

MemeToo
12-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Sounds like I'm not the only one that is busy ... you all are just as busy as I am. I stayed in bed today ... almost all day. I always do that. I work myself to death and then I crash ... today I crashed! I may just crash again tomorrow!!

Joanne, my hubby took off enough time today to sleep in and then actually came in and took a nap. I was shocked. I was hoping he'd take some time for himself this week ... he never does. He has the whole week off from the shop but he usually winds up working. The guy that had our trailer rented wrecked it and there was a bad water leak unerneath so he has to fix that before we can do any work on the inside. I think he's going to work on that tomorrow if the weather is fit. Then, there's always the utility trailer business - he was gone half the day today because of that - but then there's always something isn't there!

Joanne D
12-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Meme- Your hubby is younger than mine and he probably needs the rest. Mine is 80 and needs to be more active. The Dr. told me not to let him sleep so much. I would like to see the Dr. change places with me and see if he could keep him awake more.I think it is just his age and failing health. I think he thinks if he does less he will live longer,like the tortoise. I guess I should just find more for me to do.It wouldn't bother me then.
I gained some weight over the past month. I started the day good and then ruined it at supper. Too much Christmas foods left in this house.I should just throw it out. I did walk 3 miles this afternoon. I will try again tomorrow to be better.
Hello everybody... I guess we all will get back to something normal next week.. Joanne

Mima
12-30-2005, 06:32 AM
I am back-just lost my darn post!!! Talk to you later!!! Mima

Happy Canuk
12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Candice, it was soooo nice to see you. Hope you get your new computer and get yourself back here. We all miss you.

Meme - hope you are remembering to take time for you over the holidays.

Mima - are you still at home> or back in Florida now

Joanne - hubby may have earned a rest over the years:) You can't make somebody move if they don't want to.

Tammy - hope your Christmas trip went well.

Well ladies, another year has past and I look forward to the start of the New Year. My job is going well. I am sooooo enjoying being back in the work force. Painwise, I have my days, but I am feeling soooo much better than a few years ago.

Hope you are all having yourselves a great day.

MelodyAM75
12-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi. I have not been officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia yet, but I feel confident that I have it. I have many symptoms...discolored skin, achy muscles, sharp pains, restless legs, anxiety disorder (diagnosed in 2002), sinus problems, sore throat, stiff neck, chronic fatigue (diagnosed in 1996), severe PMS, back pain due to 2 herniated disks, muscle twitching, numbness and tingling in face and hands and legs, and sensations of swelling. Anyway, I have a lot of symptoms and plan to be evaluated for Fibromyalgia in next few months.

I do have a question though in the mean time. Do you find that having fibromyalgia makes it more difficult to lose weight and if so how do you cope with that?

Candicej
12-31-2005, 05:57 AM
My son worked on my 'puter and now my home email is messed up and my folders and addresses are not available..they say I have to download a new outlook express from the microsoft sight but will lose evreything stored in my email files so have to get them copied ..does anynone know a short cut to coping folders in your outlook email?????????????? He also took off my Norton, said it was interferring with stuff...I do not feel safe without it! At least I can see the posts on here now but it takes forever to load a page. I have so much stuff to transfer to a new computer...still don't have one.

Melody....the meds for Fibro can inhibit weight gain and the low activity level can do the same....that is my problem, not enough exerscise at times and too much meds.

Joanne...my hubby likes to sleep in his chair all the time.

Meme....I need to crash about now!

Anne....I can't wait to be back here on a regular basis! I am home and the trip was very hard on me!!!!! MIL is in intensive care..had another stroke the day we came back so Dh is there after work. Happy..Job????????? I must have missed taht part?????:D

Joanne D
12-31-2005, 09:46 AM
Candice- It is not a good idea to go without virus protection. When I got this new one my daughter said we wouldn't show email till we put it on. Good thing too. It caught a bad worm and another bug right off. . The problem I am having with my hubby sleeping a lot of the day is he is up most of the night. The dr. told me it would cause him to fail faster,mentally.I don't need that along with everything else.I worked over 25 years as charge nurse in a nursing home. I see the pattern starting.
Melody- Welcome. Go to a good diagnostion and have a good physical. I am sure the ladies here can answer most of your questions but it would be better to get your answers from a Dr.Everyone is different and what works for some won't work for others.I always say a good,healthy eating plan and exercise is the answer to losing weight. Sometimes health problems can interfer.

HAPPY NEW YEAR,EVERYBODY
Joanne

Mima
01-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Happy New Year!!! We are in FL-nice weather but I guess the trip took a lot out of me because i have a wicked sore throat. My kids have that stomache virus!!!That's life, We are not going to travel that trip again-3 days up and 3 days back. And 6 days home but it was wonderful to see everyone!!!Brett and Angela had that same bug so we didn't see them til Monday-at least we didn't get that bug on the way down. Joanne-I want to come up to Tarpon Springs to see you. I was told that it's a beautiful place-an old Greek fishing village.We won't have to meet in Tampa. Although Brad is going to a train show there on the 28th. How far is Tampa from Tarpon Springs-he is going to be at the Tampa Fair grounds. We will see. It can be 2 trips.
Hi to all-Candice !!! Yeah. I have 2 Dell computers and like them both-one is a laptop. And very inexpensive.I have 6 months to pay. Bye for now-Anne -glad you are enjoying your job. Mima

Tammy
01-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Just a quick note to say that we arrived home Friday morning from Georgia. By Friday night, we were all sick. The flu is not fun. I'll read messages and respond later when I have more sleep!!

Happy new year everyone!!!

Joanne D
01-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Mima- I am 30 miles west of Tampa.. On the Gulf of Mexico. Let me know when you want to come and I will meet you.PM me.
We had a quiet New Year till the neighbors got cranked up .
Tammy- Feel better. We got the flu last christmas. Several of us that were at the same party. My hubby and I both at the same time. Awful!! Feel better soon..
Hello everybody... Joanne

MemeToo
01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.memeart.com/images/happynewyear2.gif

NEW YEAR ... 5 PAGES!!! WE NEED A NEW THREAD, DON'T YA THINK?
I'll go start one so:

DON'T POST HERE!