South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 03:30 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Happy Wednesday

Hi all, I'm at work and it's nearly 0200 and I'm about ready to go home. Picked up an extra to help someone out. I've been absent lately, not because I'm misbehaving, just because I can't squeeze one more thing into my day. I'm looking forward to having a week off and having the family here. I'm doing Thanksgiving dinner for the first time ever and I'm pretty excited to try and pull it off.

It's going to take me a while to catch up on everyone's postings for the past few days. In the meantime I hope your Wednesday is a good one!!! Hugs to all!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:44 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Default Wednesday's Windup

Okay, American chickies...getting ready for tomorrow? Being super OP in preparation? I'm going to be in the car almost all day as we drive to my in-laws'...so I figure that I'll have to stay OP! At this point, that might be the only way it's going to happen!

I've been totally horrible chickies. I did P1 last week, but I managed to eat SF ice cream several times. Don't ask how I managed to remember that I couldn't have carrots, but forgot that I shouldn't eat SF ice cream (which I needed to give up, anyway!!!). Oy!!! Anyways, go figure, my cravings didn't go away, and I've been indulging them since Monday, knowing that I wouldn't do P1 this week with T-day. Trust me, I'm doing P1 next week, with NO ice cream. I am SO ready to be rid of these cravings. I tried on all three new pairs of jeans and none of them fit. What a terrible feeling that is!

So, plan for tomorrow is to take good snacks with, leave everything other than the water in the way back of the station wagon, and eat OP when we stop for lunch and dinner.

DH and I are making the stuffing (sourdough with pears and turkey sausage, a Cooking Light recipe) and cooking the turkey his aunt is currently brining. I made a pumpkin tart with splenda, a WW crust, and hazelnut and ginger topping. I made it a couple weeks ago and it's delish. So, I'll make some veggies if it looks like I need to, and I'll be all set for T-day.

Hope everyone in the states has a super-fabulous thanksgiving...and that we all have safe travels. Be good for Ruthie while I'm gone with the in-laws...I'll be back on Monday and hope to hear that she didn't have to employ the chicken purse while I was gone. Remember, chickies, she may put on a good show, but she's still recovering!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #3  

WEEEEEEEE! Are all our 'Merican Chicks ready for Turkey Day????
BG: Enjoy your holiday with the inlaws..your food stuffs sound most YAMMALICIOUS!!! ... but sigh, I hear ya bout being off Plan of late... I'm soooooo far in land I fear I landed in a land-locked state ... I must confess to all: I have a crippling aversion to sticking my hands in a turkey carcass... This has led me to creative methods to the cleaning and stuffing of the turkey .(Patent pending).

1) put turkey in sink
2) Holding by legs, use the sink sprayer to wash out the innards
3) Using a long handled spork, gently scrap out any remaining turkey lungs
4) Repeat step 2
5) Turn turkey upside by the legs and shake out the water
6) Wrap Paper towels around a Potato masher - secure it with a rubber band and proceed to dry the carcass out by plunging and extracting the masher.
7) Using a long handled ladle as a catapult, I wing sling the stuffing into the turkey carcass
8) Mash the stuffing down with the Masher (sans paper towel)
9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 until chockfull
10) Sew up the turkey hiney and roast.

M.u.s.t g.e.t. c.a.w.f.e.e.
Tooodles!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:18 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Schatzi, I had to literally laugh out loud at your description of cleaning a turkey! You are so obviously a city girl!!

RNMOM, hope you have a successful dinner, but please GET SOME REST! That's an order!! Someone else can do KP and clean up the remains.

Laurie, sounds like you've got all your bases covered for tomorrow. Good going!

Ms. Turkey goes into her briny spa this afternoon and will remain there overnight. Then tomorrow I'll rinse her and stick her on the rotisserie.

I'm making a baked sweet potato for me, so I can stay away from the candied ones that dh insists upon.

The rest of the dinner is pretty traditional and I'll have just wee small portions of what I want just so I don't feel like I'm being punished.

I'm going to be brave and make roast veggies w/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I hope they don't make me hurt after.

Okay, gotta get in the shower, thanks to DD and her lazing about this morning, I'm running late.

HAGD on the Beach~~
Old 11-23-2005, 07:47 AM   #5  

Mama: SPLAIN THIS BRINY BATH! This is the second time I heard that "Brine" thang...I may haveta try it!!!

RNMOMooooh holiday hostessing ?? I luv to host parties and holidays! Im sure you will be a smashing success..and Do as yo Mama sez and git some rest girl during yer week off
Old 11-23-2005, 07:52 AM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

Hello everyone!

RNMOM - missed you! I'm sorry you are so busy, though - get some rest this week!

BG - I know what you mean - ice cream is insidious stuff, isn't it? I swear at least one of my papers was written solely on ice cream power - not a good thing! That pie sounds nummy - are you going to share the recipe (hint hint!)?

Schatzi - that is so hilarious! I had to choke down the laughter so's not to wake DH and DS with my uproariousness (it's 4:30 am here)! I'll have to read it to DH - he might want to adapt it for chickens! He can't stand to handle raw poultry, especially if it involves (gasp!) scraping and plucking things he'd rather not think about! I was raised in the country, so I don't even think twice about it, but sometimes he cooks dinner, and he loves roast chicken (once the icky bit is over, at least).

Mama - how is your tum doing? I'm sorry your recovery is going slowly. It must be frustrating for you. I hope your veggies go down well!

Me - DS is in daycare for an extra day today, so I'm hitting the virtual books! I've got a bunch of stuff to get done, plus I need to get the vegs for tomorrow all cut up and the dip made. I decided to skip the hummus. It just didn't seem very Thanksgiving-y!

I shopped until I dropped yesterday - over 4 hours of shopping! Ugh! My legs hurt today from all the walking and hauling stuff around. But I did my grocery shopping (known as "grocking" in our family), made a Costco run, found my mom's birthday present, and got a few more Christmas presents.

I'm pretty pooped, but I was sleeping terribly. I went to bed upset over an email from my SIL, and it wrecked my sleep. I'd been emailing her back and forth trying to work out when my family could all get together for Christmas, and finally got it settled so that we were getting together at my mothers at the time my SIL wanted. Then she emailed me last night saying that she and my bro had "discussed it" and they weren't going ANYwhere for Christmas. If we all want to come over, that's fine - she'll work out a time when we can come over. If not, that's fine too, but they are staying put. Right at the start of all this, she had said that she'd thought maybe we could all go to her house, but that's because she thought for some reason I was talking about Saturday instead of Sunday. Once we got that sorted, she said it didn't matter where. Now, out of the blue and after plans are made - it suddenly matters. I feel like she's being very high-handed and inconsiderate, and I'm upset about it. I passed this off to my mother, since she is calmer and more prone to thinking before she speaks - or emails. Right now, I'm not calm. If it were just the two of them, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but we all want to spend time with the kids, and I resent the "my way or the highway" stance she's apparently settled on. Especially given all the help my parents have given them - I feel like they should be a little more accomodating. After all, Christmas is about family, friends, and selflessness, isn't it?

Enough ranting - I just had to get that off my chest. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Hi Schatzi. Here's the link for Alton Brown's recipe. I'm using that one, as DD in California used it and said it's awesome.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...6_8389,00.html

She's also done a pork loin and a chicken and they came out great, too.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:23 AM   #8  

Bone Weary.
Power YAWNNNNN!!! I am just plain tired out.
The kids and cats are buggin me for no real reason. I could have stayed in bed much longer.
We got a few inches of snow over night and are expecting quite a bit more today and tomorrow. Have to put my winter driving thinking cap on. I stayed up and got all the Avon sorted and bagged!!!!!! Whew. That is a weight off.

The damn clutter keeps creeping back. i am trying to keep it tidy now that it is tidy. It is full time job. I already have 3 other fulltime jobs. Arg!

There was a beautiful pink sunrise through the trees this morning.
I had Pringles for snack in the afternoon and before bed yesterday. Not a good choice. My meals were bang on. Gotta do better.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:40 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies!

I skipped my class last night, b/c I had to go to run errands. I didn't want to have DS with me out that late last night. Plus, it was cold... brrrrr. I got several things done. I did some laundry. I made cornbread for my dressing. I peeled my potatoes for mashed potatoes. (Making the cornbread and peeling the potatoes felt funny. I didn't realize how long it had been!) I peeled the potatoes while watching the Biggest Loser. I love that show.

I am thinking about squeezing in a workout tonight. I really missed my class last night. I can tell I didn't go by the way I feel this morning. Plus, I had a naughty food while shopping. Darn it! Why do I do that to myself!

Oh, well, today is another day. I just started my day off with SBD cereal. It is so good! One of my coworkers said that I should switch it up b/c I had that yesterday. But, I told him I woke up craving it. When I ate it yesterday, I made it without cravings and without getting hungry. (The naughty food was due to stress and not cravings. It wasn't even that good. I need to find a way to deal with stress, other than food.)

Yesterday, I had a NSV. I went to my accountants and they hadn't seen me in a while and they were amazed at my weight loss. Yay!

Ah, I'm babbling. I better get to work. One of the things that I am Thankful for this year is the support and friendship of you gals!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:01 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

getting ready here too! Went on a binge last night but no more. I won't use it as an excuse to go all out for turkey day. I can eat within reason. I know it's SOMEWHERE in me!!!!!

Drive-by...talk soon. Hugs!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Darlings!

Neighbour Ralph has been laid off for a while so there is no truck start-up at 5 AM! Yippee! The Girls slept in until nearly seven this morning and so did I. What luxury! Now if someone would bring me coffee in bed, I'd be truly happy.

Yesterday was fairly busy with company and phone calls but I did get in an afternoon nap and actually ate properly all day. me! The knee is still damned sore. I am beginning to doubt that the operation was a success as I seem to have some of the same old pains now that the operation pain is abating. Wait and see, I guess.

Reading the American chickies' busy days, I am darn glad we Canuks have Thanksgiving over with although I am semi-craving turkey. The good thing is that the site will be down tomorrow so I won't be salivating over descriptions of turkey and stuffing and gravy!

Today will be my first bath day and it's filling right now. Luxury! although I need to keep the knee out of the water. The window guys are coming back to do a minor fix so I can't luxuriate in there too long. I plan to do some baking for the weekend bake sale later today - I need to figure out how to do that sitting down. Tonight I am scheduled to play darts but somehow don't think I can do that sitting down. Wait and see. It will be my first "social" outing since the operation so I may not make it. I seem to be very, very tired - probably from the Tylenol.

Tub is overflowing - Avon Magnolia today! I love having a wardrobe of bath stuff!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:07 AM   #12  
beachbum

Happy Thanksgiving Chicks

Woke up this morning with SNOW on the ground and picnic table.As we speak I'm boiling my cranberries to make cranberry sauce,next its creamed spinach, creamed onions and than the SB/Kraft dessert pumpkin mouuse.

Gonna pick up our turkey this morning and the rest of the fest will be cooked tomorrow.

RMMom-Wishing you a restful and relaxing Thanksgiving day and remanter of the week. I know nurses & any one in the health profession has to work regardless of what holiday come up.

Laura-I don't think the S/F ice cream will hurt I have that severals times a week and it didin't effect me weight wise.We trying our hardest to have a healthy and South Beachwise table this year. Found Whole Wheat Stove Top Stuffing,The creamed veggies are going to lite instead of the heavy.dessert is SB friendly,and my home made cranbverry sauce has splenda in it.

Schatzi- and Mamacita-Thats my DH job to clean the turkey, i must tell him your sugguestion.

H-KO-Sorry about your Christmas plans being changed. Try to have a nice & relxing Thanksgiving anyway.

Have to go will be back to read the other posts, inbetween my cooking
Hugs BB
Old 11-23-2005, 09:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Hello Beach friends, I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving .....I didnt make my goals for this month, I am redoing all my goals today and re committing myself to a healthier me for the holidays...

Ruth... I had laprascopic on one of my knees and it takes a long time to heal .... I did some physical therapy and it was the best thing I could have done for it....Once there is arthritis in the knee, the pain never really all goes away... keep moving and it will get better, I went back to work in 2 wks and it was maybe, a couple of months more before I can really say it felt better... My surgeon recommended glucosamine and I have taken it since, it really does help with pain ... ask your doctor first ofcourse.. take care and have a great holiday... India
Old 11-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #14  
Exercise Queen

That's me this morning! I'm very tired, which I know makes staying op more challenging for me. I can do it though, just one more school day and then a 4 day weekend.

I'll be back after school to check in again. No boards tomorrow, correct?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 AM   #15  

Ruth~ Please take care of your knee!! Let it heal before you take on too much.All Avon bath products make your day better, ROFL!!!! I have left over turkey dinner stuff from the weekend. I could courier it. Great OP day!!!!!!!!

All you American Gals~ have a glorious time with friends and family. Enjoy every moment.Wishing you peace.

HKO~ HUGS ,I can say been there done that.... it stinks. Sorry for the upset.

DD had her first ever full blown temper tantrum this morning for a couple of hours. She was mad as heck. It was hard not to laugh. She was too cute in all her fury.I have 4 more kids than anticipated today. Yikes. there will be much dressing and undressing for the snow play today. No need for me to go out driving anywhere tho!! I will shovel the driveway!@!! I love shovelling the diveway. 2 hours of exercise with a purpose!!! Nice.

1 hour of shovelling done. Wimpy kids got too cold. LOL!
Chrismas music is on.Much dancing all about the house!!
Closed Thread