Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #1  
LLV

Unhappy Serious sweet tooth lately

I don't know what's been wrong with me lately, but I want SWEET STUFF!

Like yesterday, let's see, what did I eat?

A couple of cookies
A sneak of about 4-5 bites of pumpkin ice cream
I dug into an angel food/jello/pudding dessert (although the jello and the pudding are both sugar-free)
A cup of my sugar-free chocolate pudding (meaning the little single-serve cups)
A small handful of strawberry yogurt-coated Cheerios (anything to get a sweet flavor)

I know there was something else yesterday, but I can't remember what it was.

Then today I've eaten -

2 more cookies
A few more bites of the angel food/jello dessert
A snack sized 3 Musketeers bar
A dip into the box of Frosted Mini Wheats

Arrrrrrrggh!!!!

Normally I'm not a big sweet eater. I'm the person that can go to a buffet and pass up the dessert table. But the last few days I've been almost ravenous with wanting the sweets.

Is anyone else, that isn't normally a sweet-eater, going through this? Candy, cookies, cake, you name it, I want it. And I'm putting away extra calories I don't need because of it.

~sigh~
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I ALWAYS have a sweet tooth - even more so if I'm a bit stressed. Maybe that's why you've been craving sweets lately? Since I'd have a hard time giving up sweets for ever, I usually plan a small dessert of some kind every day and include it in my daily calorie allowance, that way I don't feel so deprived.

Sometimes it's two squares of good chocolate, or 1/2 cup of cottage cheese topped with fruit or berries. I don't eat the sugar free stuff any more as it doesn't seem very satisfying and I end up with cravings.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:08 PM   #3  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpal
I ALWAYS have a sweet tooth - even more so if I'm a bit stressed. Maybe that's why you've been craving sweets lately?
Hmmmm. Good theory. I suppose if stress were a factor, that may have something to do with it, as I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year and all I think about all day is what I have to cook and clean and do to get everything ready before Thursday. I'm sort of a perfectionist and things have to be just right.

Tomorrow, especially, I'm going to be super busy, since it's the night before.

This is just weird for me because I rarely ever want sweets. Normally I'd pass up a piece of cake for a hot dog, lol.

Thanks for the reply
Old 11-23-2005, 11:18 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I want sweets and basically EVERYTHING all the time! It's so dark right now (4.15pm) that I just either want to sleep or eat! Plus your body's programmed to want to eat more in the winter to keep it warm - damn that evolution again!

Now, anyone for Jam Roly Poly & Custard?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #5  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I want sweets and basically EVERYTHING all the time! It's so dark right now (4.15pm) that I just either want to sleep or eat! Plus your body's programmed to want to eat more in the winter to keep it warm - damn that evolution again!
Amen to that, lol.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #6  

I crave sweets this time of year, in summer I am quite happy with fruit, but this time of year it has to be sweet and fatty!!!! I try to make do with rice pudding and fruit, or a wholewheat bagel and honey and the occaisional chocolate. I have to stay away from cakes and cookies as I just can't do moderation there, and end up seriously over eating.

If the rest of your diet is healthy and it's just a phase, try to ride it, don't beat yourself up, or if your brain is anything like mine, you'll say "oh I've eaten 3 cookies I may as well eat the rest"......or I've blown it with snacks I may as well have Macdonalds for dinner.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
If the rest of your diet is healthy and it's just a phase, try to ride it, don't beat yourself up, or if your brain is anything like mine, you'll say "oh I've eaten 3 cookies I may as well eat the rest"......or I've blown it with snacks I may as well have Macdonalds for dinner.
Oh boy, do I remember those days. I used to do that all the time, back when I dieted. Now if I want McDonald's (which is a very rare treat) I just eat it and count it in with my calories.

I make those 'forbidden' foods part of my lifestyle. But really, no food is forbidden if you eat it in moderation. And fast food is extreme moderation, lol. But it doesn't mean I never eat it at all.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM   #8  

Me, a sweet tooth?! I know that M&M's are 4 calories a piece and that one turn of the free machine up front at work gives you approximately 50 calories worth......Figure I can spare those 50 calories every once in a while. Yes, I already got today's and it's not even lunchtime yet
patswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:46 PM   #9  
LLV

I love M&M's. And Payday's. My favorite candy bar.

I bought a package of Payday's and anytime I'm in the mood for them, I ask my husband to split one with me so I don't eat the whole bar myself. A half a bar is 130 calories. I don't always have those calories to spare, though, so I rarely eat them. In fact, only one bar has been taken out of the package. I wouldn't mind having one now, but since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I gotta watch what I eat until then.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #10  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

One of my favorite treats is Junior Mints candies (10 calories each). In case you don't know, they are chocolate coated mints with soft centers (about 3x as big as an M&M). Sometimes I have 4 of them as an after dinner treat and that's enough to satisfy my sweet tooth! I keep them in the fridge because I think they taste better cold. One box lasts me a few weeks.

I'm 'saving up' calories for some sherry trifle with raspberries (my all-time fave dessert) which I will be making for dessert at Christmas. I'm very heavy handed with the sherry and everybody loves it!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:08 PM   #11  
banned

i like to enjoy 1 mini reeses cup each night
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:48 PM   #12  
LLV

Nothing wrong with that
Old 11-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #13  
1 day at a time

You guys are killing me here!

I would usually rather have anything salty and crunchy over sweets, except a few days a month when I crave chocolate like crazy. And if I start I can't stop, so I try to stay away from sweets altogether. The staff member at work in charge of stocking the snacks for the office has a MAJOR sweet tooth, so at all times we have a huge supply of M&M's (plain and peanut), Hershey's miniatures, Hershey's kisses (reg., almond and caramel), and Twizzlers on hand. Once or twice a week this is supplemented by cookies, cake, brownies, donuts or whatever else she thinks would be a nice treat for everyone. (Bless her heart, I love her to death, but...GRRRRRR!)

Seems that it's even harder from Halloween to New Year's to avoid running into sugar everywhere you turn. And for me, eating a little just leads to eating a lot more...even fruit can set off a sugar craving for me, so I really try not to even start because I know where it will lead. And of course I'm not always successful, but at least I'm trying.

Please, let's not start a french fry thread...
EllyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #14  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllyMay
Please, let's not start a french fry thread...
Amen to that sistah!!!

To avoid all the sweets in the office - I keep a tin of velamints at my desk (in the car and at home, too) at all times. I get them at Trader Joes..
I especially like the Vanilla Mint ones. I have the same problem with candy in the office - once I start, I'm a goner. If I ever have one - I'm only brave enough to snag one on my way out the door when I'm done for the day. Knowing your limits is a good thing...brainpower is better than willpower IMO.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #15  
Exercise Queen

I have a serious sweet tooth, cake and donuts are two of my very favorite things. Chocolate I can usually do without, except right before TOM, then I often feel like I must have I have found that I crave sweets more and have a harder time resisting them when I'm tired.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote