Old 11-21-2005, 10:29 PM   #1  

Lightbulb New LC Girl

Hi,
I started Atkins this weekend but officially Monday! I am trying to lose weight for my wedding in May. I am 5'3" and 144 lbs. I would like to weigh 120 by May 6! How long does it normally take someone to lose 24lbs doing low carb? I am doing Phase 1 atkins! My doc suggests 110 but I never weighed that my normal weight and comfortable weight was 120 most my life. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks!
tama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:03 AM   #2  
TemporaryFatChick

Welcome!! I'm pretty new here myself, and everyone has been really helpful and supportive - it's a great place!

It seems like everyone looses at different rates. I've lost really fast so far, but I weigh twice as much as you do and went from sedintary to exercising regularly in addition to doing Atkins. It seems like most people loose big in the first two weeks, then slow to a steady 1.5-2 pounds a week. Using those calculations, you'll hit your goal well before May .
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:24 AM   #3  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

Welcome Tama!! And congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!!

If you haven't read the book yet, go grab yourself a copy. It's amazingly helpful! Tenn is right, that we all lose at a different pace, and I too went from no exercise to daily exercise along with staying as strict as I could to living this way of life.

I agree with you also that 110 is pretty thin!! Just lose until you are comftorable with yourself. On a lot of the charts I've looked at for my 5'9 frame, they say that 140 is the 'perfect' weight. But I'm not sure I'd even look healthy that thin. So I upped my goal weight a little and when I reach it, THEN we'll see if I want to go further down!

Be sure to drink tons of water, and also consider that you'll be stressed out the sooner the wedding gets here which is usually hard for anyone on a new way of eating to stick to.

You can most certainly do it though! Jump into our weekly chat and let us know how you're doing, it's also a spectacular way to be accountable for what you've been eating

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

You've found a great place for support!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

and can't wait to get to know you
As stated, it depends on the person on how much they can lose. Hopefully you've read the book. And know how important it is to do the program exactly as stated. Also, be careful of sugar alcohols--they're known to stall some people.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #6  
on my way down again

Hi and weclome Tama25. Congratulations on your engagement; You must be so excited! I know you can reach your goal with no problem if you're following the Atkins' Plan. You can calculate and track your progress on fitday. com. I hope you join in on the daily/weeky thread here and let us know how you're doing.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote