General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #1  

Default Anyone tried any of the Prevention diets?

I ordered both "The Peanut Butter Diet" and "The Ice Cream Diet." They are both calorie-controlled programs that build a daily treat (ice cream or peanut butter) into your caloric allowance.
I was dissappointed to see all the dinners on the Ice Cream diet were almost totally convenience foods. Well, there are enough low cal recipes on the web I should be able to formulate my own dinners.
I just like having preplanned menues. Planning meals is just one less thing I have to do.
-Michele
garybearsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have not followed one of the diets in the Prevention issues, but I do follow a similar program.
I am a calorie counter, and I eat a calore controlled diet, and try to make as healthy of choices as I possibly can-BUT-I simply cannot follow a weight loss/maintenance plan where certain things are actually "forbidden". Even if it is something that I don't currently eat much of anyways-if someone tells me I can't have it, then I'll want it.
So, in my low calorie diet, I allow for a small "treat" a couple of times a week-whether it be a sugar free hot cocoa, a little air popped popcorn, or a couple Hershey Kisses one evening. I exercise portion control, and keep it to around 150 calories or less per day, but it is just enough that I don't feel deprived. I believe that it is the same principle in these Prevention diet plans-you are more likely to stick with a plan long term if you have a small indulgence regularly.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:11 PM   #3  

Cool

Oh, talk abou the "forbidden fruit" factor:

Back in the late 80's or early 90's, I followed this program out of a book called "The Woman's Advantage Diet." The theory was to eat different foods depending on where you were in yuor monthly cycle. For some reason, 95% pf the time I was forbidden to eat - - BROCCOLI! Yes, broccoli! And do you know, I craved it!?! Just because I couldn't have it!
garybearsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote