Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #1  

Default Butt exercise?

I am on my way to lose all the extra pounds and would like to tone my body. I definetely need to lose my tummy and found some exercises that should help me but are there any good exercises that would help me to keep my butt? I just don't want to lose it! I know it is weird but that is the only part on my body I really like.
I heard that jennifer Lopez has some special exercises but could not find anything on internet
katushkacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:19 PM   #2  
CE

There are tons of different things you can do for your butt. You can do squats or lunges. One that I love is that you put two dumbells or soup cans, about 8 inches apart 3 -5 inches in front of your feet. Stand on one foot between the bumbells and squat reaching for the dumbells right hand to the left dumbell and visa versa. It really works your butt and also your balance. I hope this has been helpfull.
colsnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:45 PM   #3  
one leg press at a time

Leg Press is awesome for keeping and defining a rear view. I don;t have access to a gym one, so I do it Fir/Fitprim style. Get a 14 inch step, place one foot in the center, the other should be no more than 12 inches directly behnd the step, then press up slowly thru the heel of the foot on the box, lower slowly, just tapping your foot on the ground and repeat, then switch legs.
If you need help with balance while doing this, simply hod a dowe,/broom/mop in the had of the MOVING leg. To increase difficulty, hold a weighted barbell on the shoulders, oor 2 heavy dumbbells on the shoulders or hold by the sidesof the legs. You can also inetsifty by doing a side leg lift/knee lift, glute pinch with the moving leg.
Another variation which will target more of the inner thigh is instead of stepping directly behind the step, is to step out to the side.
Form point- do not lock the knees either at the top of the step or on the landing. Always keep the knees soft. Stand straight, do not slump the chest forward, bbut hold yourself tall and be sure to press thru the heel of th e foot to really get the glute and keep the knee out of the movement.
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmgirl
Get a 14 inch step, place one foot in the center, the other should be no more than 12 inches directly behnd the step, then press up slowly thru the heel of the foot on the box, lower slowly, just tapping your foot on the ground and repeat, then switch legs.
Those are called step-ups and they are great for the butt I love them

Here are some more great leg exercises....

http://exercise.about.com/od/lowerbo...osinglower.htm
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The current issue of Oxygen magazine has an article called Higher, Rounder, Tighter
It lists lunges, squats, kickbacks, step-ups and stiff-legged deadlifts (my favourite).
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:09 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
The current issue of Oxygen magazine has an article called Higher, Rounder, Tighter
It lists lunges, squats, kickbacks, step-ups and stiff-legged deadlifts (my favourite).
I did that workout it was very very good!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Default I Want That Body

Tamilee Webb has a great fitness DVD called "I Want That Body." It contains two butt workouts that are very effective. The DVD contains a total of six 15 minute workouts - 2 for buns, 2 for arms & 2 for abs. I enjoy the first buns workout the most. The abs workout is also very good. I think the arm workouts are adequate, but nothing too spectacular. However, if you're looking to work your buns from home, I highly recommend picking up this DVD (or VHS, depending on what you have at home). Your legs and buns will be in shape in no time! Good luck!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote