South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 05:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default HUMP Day Chat - November 16

Good morning! I'm up way too early but the Girls had a howling session before 4 and I couldn't get back. We have wolves and/or coyotes that howl in the woods so all the village dogs join in!

I'm almost afraid to look outside this morning after yesterday's freezing rain. Crazy November! It's as bad as March but March is at the right end of winter.

I have lots to do today to get ready for tomorrow's scope surgery. Setting up for sleeping downstairs is the biggest part. I will really miss being able to get online. However, if I can, I plan to sleep upstairs in my own bed even if I have to climb the stairs on my bum!

Time for coffee and a good breakfast. I'll pop back in later.

Check out the new smilies! Suzanne is so good to us!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:45 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Ruth, good luck with the surgery. Too bad there isn't a way to hook the computer up downstairs. You could recouperate by spending all day playing online! Good luck with the surgery!

I got quite a gastronomic slapdown last night. Dh and I went to the store and they were giving away ice cream cones to sample the holiday flavors. Did I walk by and "just say no"? H#ll no! I had to poke my nose in there and grab one. I paid for it with my gallbladder shrieking at me all night long. Serves me right, though.

Gonna go make some hot cereal. I'll pop back in and see if anyone else is up.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Looks like today is going to be a busy day for me, so I need to get an early start. I'm going to have to skip my morning Curves workout, hope I can get it in before they close this evening. Yesterday at the movies went well, both girls were very well-behaved, so we're going to go a little more often. There should be some good Christmas shows coming up. Today it's school, running errands, a birthday party and swimming lessons, with finding time to squeeze in a nap for Maggie, she may just have to sleep in the car. I had a run-in with peanut butter yesterday, so to make up for it I didn't eat the stuffed peppers for supper, I had a bowl of Cauliflower soup instead, and no dessert afterwards. Only 2 more lbs to go til my ticker is right!

Ruth, I pray all goes well with your surgery tomorrow and you have a speedy recovery. We'll all be thinking of you.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #4  

Howdy Chickies.. lovely smilies Ruth! Good luck for tomorrow Ruth - I will hold you in my thoughts.

Oh Mamacita - hope you are feeling better soon.

Cottage - I hope you busy day goes well and you get to that curves class.

We as for me - my exams are done for the year - but I have decided to take a subject over summer... but it is just for 6 days in a two week block - I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a class done so quickly...

It has been an absolute carb fest here for the past few days - and I feel bloody aweful for it - so a day or so on P1 is on the cards for me over the next few days

I wish everyone else much happy healthy vibes
Old 11-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #5  

Good Rainy Morning here!

Ruth- I hope your surgery goes well and a speedy recovery for you!

Mamacita- I wouldn't have been able to pass it up either. Too bad for your gallbladder telling you it was a NO-NO.

Cottage-I'm glad you enjoyed the movies. I hope you are able to squeeze Curves in!

Mariana- I bet you are glad classes are over. Good luck with your summer class! And, oh, do I know the effects of the carb fest!

As for me, I slipped a bit yesterday. Not too bad, but a definite... "Why did I do that?" moment.

I made it to the gym despite a discussion with my husband who thinks that I "go every night" *rolls eyes* I had a headache and I had to push myself to go. Then, after I handed DS over to the kid care they came back after me 10 minutes into the class. For the first time there he has almost had a "blue spell". He didn't go all the way out and was a bit aggitated when it was over but the caretaker was up for the challenge of calming him down and I was able to go finish my class. I am trying to figure out what small gift I can send to the ladies in the kidcare to show my appreciation. They are a definite key part in my ability to go to the gym. (my DH is not much help in this area )

I have a headache this morning and I feel that my mood could go any way according to what comes my way. I hope I can go through the day without biting anyone's head off.

Gotta get some work done! I will pop back in later!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks! I woke up late after not being able to sleep. This morning will be a lazy one with coffee and cleaning. I made a yummy pot of chicken, veggie, and turkey italian sausage stew. I plan to freeze some and eat the rest today and tomorrow. I think today on the menu will be the chicken stuffed souffle tonight. Yummy! I'm off to get coffee.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:24 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Feeling better today, Don't know how I get these colds or germs. I so careful when going to the malls, When I go home,we always use Purell Hand Sanitizer. To kill the germs. Oh Well!!

Sneak peaked at the scale and it up 1lb.hopes its gone by Sat. W-I. This last couple of pounds is the HARDEST to lose.

Ruth-Sorry about your lack of sleep,with those wild animals howling,espciecally when you need all your strenght for the surgery tomorrow.Sending some prayers for you dear Ruth that everything go well. Yes I do like the smiley, they're very colorful Thank :thank: Suzanne for us.

Mamamcita-Feel better, I can't so no to ice cream either.Yikes and you had to find out the hard way.Take care.

Cottage-Take it easy and slow down a bit your post is making me dizzy.I sure miss curves is not going to do to much damage with all that running around your doing. Those 2 lbs will be gone in no time.

Marianna-Happy you have a plan for the carbfest Phase 1 is a good start.

djette-Glad that you made your exercsing class.Sometime dh don't understand.I get the look also when I exercise at home. Now I do it when he's not around.

Pear shape -Enjoy your coffee your stew sounds delicious.Love stews espeically in the cold winter.

Hugs BB
Old 11-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #8  

Morning, gals! After reading the thread about tickers, I went and updated mine. I have let my weight creep up a few pounds and it is time to get it back under control. Luckily, we do Thanksgiving at our house (on the day after Thanksgiving) for all our friends so I get to control the food. Many of our friends are dieting so I will keep everything South Beach except for a few things that I don't like (such as pumkin pie). I'll serve regular cranberry sauce as well as the version I make with Splenda. I like my version best anyway but my son doesn't like whole berry so I'll have to pick up a few cans.

Last night was the Cub Scout Pack Meeting. The boy in our pack who sold the most popcorn (over $4000) also sold the most in the district and got some cool basketball tickets. My son (who sold the second most at $2568) won the district raffle for those who completed an order sheet in two weeks and he won a new bicycle. Guess I'll have to work on teaching him to ride without training wheels now.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #9  
Exercise Queen

Good Morning I'm sitting here enjoying my sugar free vanilla latte. Yesterday was day 2 on the Beach for me. I stayed on phase 1 plan all day, and I feel stronger for it now, but it was tough at rehearsal last night. I really, really wanted a Snickers bar! My seven year old is better, so it's back to school for him and me today. I have my lunch and snacks packed and ready to go. I just sitting here struggling with what to have for breakfast, I really can't face eggs this am!

We got home late from rehearsal last night, so I over slept a little and missed my workout time, so I will fit that in this afternoon after I drop my dd off at soccer practice.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:02 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Ladies!

Work is a bit slow this AM so I have a chance to catch up with the girls I miss most! (that's you all )

Ruth- How's Harry? I've missed much, I am sure. Good luck with surgery tomorrow!

Mamamcita- Luckily, I loathe ice cream. Unless it's Haagen Das Strawberry with caramel on tio!

Cottage- Your post makes ME dizzy too, LOL. Happy Wed!

Marianna- I miss classes, isn't that sad? Maybe grad school is in my cards????

djette- I've had quite a few "why the BLEEP did I just eat that?" moments lately. At least we're thinking on the right track, now if only hindsight wasn't 20/20!

Pearshape- Send some stew my way, would ya??? HB is supposed to make a roast tonight, only we have no sides for it!

Beachbum- Feel better! I've had a cold for 12+ days now and it stinks!

Barb- Congrats to your son! His first 2 wheeler and it was all due to his (and I am sure your) hard work!!!

As for me, I started WW 3 weeks ago. I gained back 10+ pounds and was just miserable. So far so good. I've lost 5 pounds. It's slow going though, which is good and bad. Of course, I like instant gratification but slow and steady wins the race! I've taken a lot of South Beach rules and incorporated them (or have tried to) as well -- low sugar, fresh foods, good carbs. We'll see how it progresses -- the WW forum is slow going (both here and WWonline) and I miss you all so I hope you don't mind my posting.

Work is really busy -- but I am loving it! It feels so good to be treated with respect and not DREAD going into work every single day. HB and I are still getting hitched. We figured out our menu and such for the reception, picked the ceremony spot, picked our flowers, paid a deposit to the photographer -- we're having problems finding an officiant that we can afford though

I also started up a wedding website for us If you want the link, PM me It's not quite done yet, but it's close.

That's it for me. Happy Wednesday all!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #11  

Morning Michelle! I had an old window open and didn't see your post!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:22 AM   #12  

Wow Chatty Chicks this morning !!!

Ruth:
Good luck with the surgery tomorrow..I'm sure you will be fine as a fiddle within a few days!

Mama: I'm with Jenn... not a real big ice cream lover... Once in a blue moon I'd get an urge for Starbucks Java Chip .. DECADENT stuff! Feel bettah dahlink

Theresa: I need a nap- you tired me out just reading your list of to dos today!

Marianna: Congrats on getting thru the semester!

BB: Feel better doll

Barb: Congrats to yer Popcorn King! And a new bike!!!

Djett: I really admire your committment to work out !!!

Stage mom:
check out the recipe threads.. lots of stuff you can do that are eggless...and congrats on 1 day down and 11 to go!

Jenn: Sweetie, I know I don't care what eating plan your on! I love to see your posts! and congrats that things are still on track for yer wedding!

Well I did the food shopping... and I do believe, but can't proof it ..I had a run in with a sociopathic shopper... the kind that steals stuff from your cart... She was hoovering about me in the Deli section, where I scored the last of the Kielbasa... she followed me (I swear) down the Coffee aisle... mulled about and ... then GONE!!! LIKE a SHOT!!!!..I get to the check out and NO KIELBASA!!!!!!!!!! POLISH SAUSAGE STEALER !
WHAT IS THIS TURKEY DOING????
Old 11-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #13  

LOL Schatzi -- you made me literally LOL this morning. Between the kielbasa thief and humping smiley on a turkey...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey I'm so far off the beach it's not funny
Where'd I put my towel
Schatz LOL woman You made me burst into laughter in my silent office
I need phase 1 desperately I wonder if I can convince DH to try to make Cheesecake?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LOL, Schatzi, you always brighten my day! I think you need to get a hold of one of those 'yard of beef' (snicker) and wave it around if she comes near your cart again. The nerve of some people! That turkey does look a bit...um...happy?

Jenn, so glad to see you posting in here again! I'm so glad your job is going so well and that things are working out with plans for the wedding. Why does the officiant cost so much? Because they have to travel? I hope you find someone that you can afford and that you like. Congrats on the five pounds!

Ruthie, we are going to miss you something fierce. Think you can teach Hershey to type for you while you dictate? She's such a lady I think she might be able to manage it. If Lucy typed it would come out like this: t4z worj;afspou sdaflnk gsdapoda lassjafd nap[o w30815hafpla590 32wr40-iawtji....she'd be way too excited to hit one key at a time. I'm praying for you, hon...that you feel a major sense of peace about this, that they figure out what's wrong quickly and can fix it right away, and that you wake up feeling much less pain than you feel now!

Me:
Oy! I went off plan this past weekend while I was up in the Great White North visiting Ellis, Ruth, and Mauvais. I started P1 on Monday...and guess what? I've gained 2.5 pounds! Oy!!! I think it might be because I only had 1.5 hours of sleep last night (I know...) and because it's TOM. Let's hope that's it! I'm being really good and drinking gallons of water, plus I went to my super-intense weight-lifting aerobics class this morning, so I'm looking forward to much better numbers tomorrow!!!

Have some errands to run today...looking forward to going to Michael's to get some crafty stuff for the holidays. We have three hooks under our eaves near the front door. I hang flowers in pots and my windchime on them in the summer. I figured that this Christmas, I'd hang grapevine balls or stars (draped in little white lights) from them. Should be fun!

Okay...need to get a shower and get going! Have a great day, chickies!!!
Closed Thread