Weight Loss Support - losing weight = losing shoe size?

View Full Version : losing weight = losing shoe size?

hotpinktruckerhats
11-16-2005, 03:00 AM
hey there (:

to start off, im 18, 5'11 and 1/2, and big boned. i have size 12 wide feet. i was wondering if i lost a significant amount of weight, if there was the possibility of my shoe size going down? pretty much all 12w shoes that are made, are business women or jogging shoes - aka.. not my style. has anyone whos lost a lot of weight had any changes in shoe size? or am i doomed to ugly footwear forever?

note: ive checked out the shoe sites listed here and ive been doing research for years, there just arent cute shoes w/ no heels that i would wanna wear.

thanks for your time (:

birrell
11-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Hello,
Not me, but years ago I worked with a lady who lost about 24 kilos and she told me her shoe size had also gone down from a UK size 7.5 to a 5 so seems it does happen, hope you get some shoes you would love, Joan xx

Yogini
11-16-2005, 06:45 AM
I now wear a 10 or an 11. When I was at my lowest weight, I wore an 8.5-9 :) It *is* possible...it might happen and in the meantime I hope you find some cool shoes. What kind do you like?

MrsJim
11-16-2005, 09:56 PM
My shoe size DID go down a tad - from a 9 Wide at 265 lbs to...an 8 1/2 Medium which I still wear.

I also had trouble back then finding comfortable shoes that were attractive in Wide sizes.

I note that you are almost 6 foot tall, so you may be predestined to have 'longer' feet (although they might go down in 'number' size...who knows???); however, if your foot WIDTH goes down, I bet your footwear choices will increase substantially. :D

PS - try Zappos.com... ;)

hotpinktruckerhats
11-17-2005, 12:10 AM
hehe alright thanks guys! idk what kind i like.. when i was growing up i wore boy shoes cause i was a tomboy, and by the time i started dressing girly my shoes were already a size 11 sooooooooo i idk! i ordered a pair of ugg boots, size 12. im waiting for them. the site says to order a size smaller than you normall would, so im assuming theyre gonna fit. plus theyre slipper like.. so theyll stretch a little (: