General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:24 PM   #1  

Default Your Favorite Things

I thought it would be fun for us to talk about some of our favorite things. Whether it be books, movies, hobbies, vacation spots, music or whatever is on your mind lets share.

I guess I will start off by talking about my favorite movie of the year thus far.
For me it has to be the Legend Of Zorro. I liked everything about this movie
from the quirky slapstick, too the magnificent costumes and the wonderful special effects.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

books - anything by Stephen King or Bill Bryson (<-- the funniest man alive)

movies - anything by director Ridley Scott + classics like "Ben Hur," etc.

hobbies - my dogs, my friends' dogs, the dogs at school

vacation spots - Scotland, Turks & Caicos Islands, Colorado, Vermont

music - The Eagles, Robbie Williams, James Taylor
Old 11-15-2005, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/149/135

Height: 5'7

hmmm...starbucks iced green tea, re-reading my tattered copy of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and funky multi-colored socks with funny pictures and patterns--sometimes they match, sometimes they don't, those are the days i try to wear long pants.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:09 PM   #4  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I love toe socks. You know the socks that fit like a glove and that wrap your toes individually?

My favorite movie of all time is You've Got Mail. I should watch that sometime too.

Favorite authors: VC Andrew, Stephen King, and JK Rowling (yep, Im a Harry Potter Fanatic!)
Old 11-15-2005, 10:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

Books- I love James Patterson and Eric Jerome Dickey

Movies- The Green Mile is my #1

Hobbies- Reading, sewing, concerts, dancing, cooking, camping

Vacation Spots- Maui, NYC, Vegas

Music- Will Downing, Gerald Albright, Kim Waters, Dave Koz, David Sanborn
Old 11-15-2005, 10:37 PM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Books- I like Children's/Young Adult novels. My daughter's teacher (6th grade) always sends home an extra copy of what they're reading in school so I can read it. Helps me to help my DD with homework and she gets feedback on what they're reading from a grown-up and I get a good read. Of course, I've read the Harry Potter books, just finished The Wanderer by Sharon Creech. Slowly pecking away at the Chronicles of Narnia and just picked up a book called Switchers by Kate Thompson. Still too early to tell if I like it or not.

Movies- My Cousin Vinny and anything with Matthew McConaughey (because even if the movie sucks, at least I have the 'scenery'!! ) and the Harry Potter movies.

Hobbies- Crocheting thin fluffy scarves and thick bulky afghans, needlepoint, reading, playing with the kids

Vacation Spots- Anything south of Syracuse!!

Music- Dave Matthews, Billy Joel, Jewel, Barry Manilow, Go-Go's, Dixie Chicks, James Taylor, and (don't tell my daughter - I'll just deny it!!) Jesse McCartney ain't too bad, either, have to admit it.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 AM   #7  

I love embroidered jeans, I had some great ones that were light denim with pink flower embroidery right up the leg, I adored them, I still have them but they don't fit!!! I have buoght some new ones with silver embroidery, beading and gems on them, I love them even more than the old pair (the fact that they are three sizes smaller than the old pair might have something to do with my adoration too!!!)

I love Australian music, even though I have been in England nearly four years, mianly oldish stuff like Hunters and Collectors, Midnight Oil and Powderfinger. I love Robbie Williams too!!!! And English bands like Franz Ferdindand, Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian.

I am not a big movie watcher, I like dramas like The Insider, Romper Stomper, A Beautiful Mind cute comedies like Spotswood...............all of the above contain Russell Crowe, just thinking about it!!!! Maybe it's just him I like!!!!

I love to embroider and make patchwork art, but have no time for that at the moment, I am learning to knit and making dh a scarf (it's only taken two years, but nearly finished now!!!) and I love to swim, I would rather be swimming that doing most anything else.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:14 AM   #8  
Collie Mommie

TV: Rome, the HBO series (hubby got me addicted); Lost; Survivor [Not a big movie person, having been disappointed a lot lately]

Books: anything by Michael Crichton; classics

Music: Liz Phair; Weezer; Velvet Revolver

Hobbies: Caring for my collies; Volunteering with Collie Resuce; Crafts; COOKING

Vacation Spots: San Francisco; Quebec
Old 11-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #9  
Cynical RedHead

TV: Rome; House; all the Law&Orders

Movies: Sin City was the last movie I saw where I was just amazed by the cinematography; Hotel Rwanda was fantastic, but I made myself sick from crying. I have a not-so-secret obsession with disaster movies - the cheesier the better!

Books - I love sci-fi; horror; detective; medical. Recently read the latest Neil Gaiman. Just discovered Terry Pratchett - why didn't anyone tell me that his books are so funny?

Music - Cowboy Junkies; Prince; 80's new wave/alternative/pop; old school hip-hop; Liz Phair is pretty good too.

Hobbies - reading; dancing; jigsaw puzzles.

Vacation spots - the Caribbean. I would love to go to Greece, or anywhere in the Mediterranean someday.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #10  
On my way!

Books- J.K Rowling, Dean Koontz

Movies- A Knight's Tale, Pirates of the Carribean, Ever After

Hobbies- reading, camping, scrapbooking

Vacation Spots- North Carolina, Ocean City MD (I would love to go to Scotland one day)

Music- Nickelback, Evanesence, Godsmack, 80's hairbands
Old 11-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Great thread flipafart! I love to read about everyones favs and interests.

Some of my favs~

Movies~I have three all time favs and just watched two of them over the last week, While You While You Sleeping with Sandra Bullock, Sleepless In Seattle with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and You've Got Mail, again with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. I love them together in movies, think they make a great team. At Christmas time, Charlie Browns Christmas, A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out!) and Home Alone. It's not Christmas without those. And I will watch these movies over, and over, and over...

Music~too many favs to name. Let's just say I love all kinds of music. Some of my favorites are Nickelback, Martina McBride, Billy Joel, Kanye West, Tupac, Elton John, The Spinners, Von Bondies, Snow Patrol, Cold Play, Ray LaMontagne, George Strait and on and on and on...too many to name. Love the 60's and 70's also-had some GREAT music back then.

Books~my new fav is anything by Janet Evanovich right now. Again, though, I read all kinds of stuff and don't really have an absolute fav.

My new favorite show on t.v. is My Name is Earl! Has anyone seen that? Too funny, at least I think it is. Other favs are The O.C, CSI (the original), Without a Trace, Fear Factor, House Hunters and anything on the Game Show channel and HGTV.

Hobbies~reading, listening to music, scrapbooking, and volunteering.

Vacation Spots~anywhere in sunny CA! I so miss the beautiful beaches! But also, one day DH and I plan an Alaskan cruise-something I've always wanted to do.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-16-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #12  
hara hachi bu

Default What I Like

I like shiny sparkly trinkety things, and I buy them a lot, but then I realize they didn't make me as happy as I thought they did so I give them away.

I love giving people things, and being connected to my family, my friends, my community. I particularly enjoy doing something nice for a stranger, and the delighted surprise they get on their face.

I like helping people with math or computer problems; helping melt away some of the smaller frustrations in life.

I like having a ton of my teenaged son's friends over, playing their loud instruments and rock music in the garage ... because I know where they are and I know exactly what they're doing (or better, what they're NOT doing). I like cooking them a huge vat of spaghetti or pancakes.

I like nurturing my family and friends.

I like listening to somafm while reading and burning candles, just after I've cleaned my house (or at least the living room).

I like walking around outside all bundled up on the first snowy day of the winter (otherwise I mostly dislike the cold and the snow).

I like driving around with my son, because his words go on autopilot and I get a lot of insight into his life, his friends, and who he is becoming.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:52 AM   #13  

[QUOTE=Cristi04]
My new favorite show on t.v. is My Name is Earl! Has anyone seen that? QUOTE]
thanks about the comment on the thread. My Name Is Earl is crazy and funny
Old 11-17-2005, 01:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Favorite thing in general - my dog. He's my best friend and my baby and he means the world to me.
Favorite movie - I like a lot. I like the sci-fi/adventure like X-Men, Fantastic 4, and Van Helsing. I also like cartoon ones a lot like Ice Age and all the Disney movies. I also love the Land Before Time series. Every year my brother gets me one for Christmas. I think it's around 10 of them right now!
Favorite Book - Right now I've been reading a lot of Robert Sapolksy's books. They have to do with stress and health and the sort. My favorite of his is "A Primate's Memoir." It's his story of being a primatologist in Africa. I also read a lot of "chick lit."
Music - Puddle of Mudd, The Clarks, Nickelback, Everclear and the sort.
Vacation - I've only really been to Myrtle Beach a few times for vacation but I'd love to go to Ireland some day.
Hobbies - Reading, riding dirtbikes, video games, crafts (especially for the holidays), exercise of course
Old 11-17-2005, 03:22 PM   #15  
Melting Butter

My Favorites
(In No Particular Order)

1. Getting Good Personal Emails
2. Losing Weight (I cannot wait until I reach my goal... I miss having fun while shopping at the mall.)
3. Vanilla Soy Anything....Milk, Drinks, Cereals.
4. Dreaming About Finishing College (5 years down, 1 more to go!)
5. Waking up and realizing I have nothing to do all day.
6. Taking warm showers
7. Sleeping!
8. Having a good sermon at church
9. Exercising! Sometimes I don't want to go but when I do I feel great!
10. Being at home with my family.
11. Looking and Feeling Grrrreat!
12. Having a Full Tank of Gas
13. Finishing Washing Clothes
14. Setting Goals and Accomplishing them.
and
15. Warm, breezy spring days.
Closed Thread