The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

View Poll Results: Do you think Nick will show up for the live finale?
Yes 14 58.33%
No 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Do you think Nick will show up at the reunion show?

Nick acted like such a JERK.....plus he showed he clearly was not interested in losing weight when they showed him today....I bet he will be a no-show for the live finale.

What do you think?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Yes, because he probably is contractually obligated to do so!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

I would have been inclined to agree with you, Amarantha, but I noticed most of the stuff referring to him on The Biggest Loser site is not there....contract or not, I think he won't show. I think he will make things miserable for the other contestants.

JMHO....
Old 11-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Personally, I'm undecided on this one - even if Nick *is* bound by contract to appear in the finale he still might not show up (i mean what is NBC/the show producer going to do - sue him? Wouldn't be worth the time nor the money, and who wants the bad publicity...). On the other hand...Nick strikes me to be enough of an 'attention ho' to go ANYWAY, just to be a PITA. Whether he shows or not, I doubt he'll make life 'miserable' for the other contestants at this point - even if he wanted to, I doubt that the producers/staff of the show would let him create any type of a scene.

Jen - I'm trying to acertain what materials on Nick were removed off the NBC website as you state - I see his profile is still up, his before and afters, and his elimination in episode 3, as well as his photo in the group masthead. He is also still in the 24 Hour Fitness commercials, although it appears (to me, anyway) that they might have cut his time out a bit (during the situps next to Suzy where she is wearing her "To Find Mr. Right" shirt and she gives him a sideways coy look - they've edited out the look, at least in one commercial).

Also...I'm in NYC this week and glanced thru "The Biggest Loser Book" at the NBC Experience Store (in Rockefeller Plaza) and noticed that Nick IS featured a bit in the book, as it talks about both seasons' contestants.

Whether he shows or not...it WILL definitely be interesting!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #5  

Default Silly Nick

Perhaps if it's contractual obligation he'll show. But if he does (i voted no in the poll) I'll be surprised. His whole whining about how he was humiliated and regretted the whole process is a big clue. Plus the fact that he doesn't own a scale, looked fatter after than he did on the show, and when they showed his "exercise" he was just sorta sauntering along on the sidewalk... I'd say he's given up on the entire idea of weight loss.

I loved his comment about how he was doing it the RIGHT way... but he gained and all the other contestants kept losing, according to their after shots.

Apparently abandoning healthy eating and exercise isn't the right way, go figure!

I just have to add I love Dr. Jeff. I really hope he wins the whole thing.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha
Yes, because he probably is contractually obligated to do so!
I was going to say the same thing.