Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy New here. Need encouragement bad!

Hi. I am new here. I am 48 years old and have struggled with my weight all my life. My highest weight was 238. My lowest weight was 123 in my last 20's. I am sick and tired of being overweight and would like some encouragement and support. I have recently lost 17 pounds but I have done this numerous times and then I get discouraged because I have so much to lose - over 100 pounds! I want to continue with the weight loss and not give up this time. I know all the tricks of the trade for losing the weight, I just don't apply them like I should. I know I need to exercise but I have not been regular with that either. My husband is also obese and has no intention on going on a diet. Needless to say it is hard to do this with him. I get tempted so much by the food he brings in and especially when we eat out. But I know I have to decide to do this for me and health. Any and all encouragement would be appreciated! Thank you. I look forward to hearing from some of you. And please pray for me to be strong! Oh, currently I am at 221 pounds and I am 5'4"
Old 11-14-2005, 02:38 PM   #2  
Opulent

Betty, I relate! Don't give up; this place is GREAT for support and keeping yourself accountable. Jump right in, post a lot and join a challenge thread. The accountability and support here has helped me immenesly. I am so grateful for this site! Thanks, 3FC
Old 11-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #3  

I will pray for you to have the strength to do this, remember when you ask for grace and strength to do something, He is always there to provide, you just have to give yourself the permission to recieve good gifts from your Father. (God)

You will do awesome. Keep yourself moving.

Melissa
Old 11-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #4  

Default one day at a time

I understand completally I have 100lbs to lose I think, I say I think because I refuse to get on the scale. I am scared to death of the truth. I am a size 20 and that is how I determine if I'm losing or gaining. I'd be happy in a size 14. I don't mind being a big girl but size 20 is big for me.

I think coming to this site will help us both to stay focused and its nice to see others are going thru the same thing.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:47 PM   #5  

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!!!!! There now I feel better.I too was very suprised when I got on the scales 3 weeks ago .How in the world did I get this Heavy. I have 85 lbs to lose. Sometimes it feels like 200 it seams so far away. But I think we can keep each other going on this great web site. Keep aplugin girls!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #6  

Can somebody help me figure out how to get a tracker on here. I have done a few but am having no luck getting in on my posts.Thanks girls and remember nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Tracker

Go to the main page for forums and there at the top is one for directions. Go to "Announcements and Forum Help!" The directions for posting a tracker are there. I think it goes in your "signature." Good luck.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #8  

I'm new to this too ... I'm just beginning and so don't know exactly how all these threads, posts, etc. work. I'm trying to figure out how everyone got those neat measurements showing how much they weigh and how much they want to lose. Some of the other stuff doesn't interest me but this seems like a real basic that everyone should have. Can anyone help? (See, now I've asked a question of someone out there and I don't have any idea how I will know if you answer!). I guess I'll learn. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:10 AM   #9  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Howdy do Betty and crew!
I hope today finds you well, happy and blessed. Find moments of time to be alone with our Father, seeking Him first...and His mercy....that's NEW every morning!

I've done the trackers before but with my OLD computer and SLOW loading pages, I'd spend 45 minutes doing an 8 minute job so I had to quit. They are REALLY great tho and good incentive.

Betty....you KNOW how to care for yourself, as you said..and you will need to make this about YOU and your Saviour. Your relationship with Him will be number one. Loved ones are often threatened by our choice to take better care of ourselves, as change is uncomfortable.
It will NEVER be as uncomfortable as living with heart disease, diabetes and the discomfort of being unable to breathe and move properly. You have done a great job of getting 17 pounds off! celebrate the victory and build on it! You are on God's priority list dear girl....put yourself on your own.
Yep...food is delish and we love the stuff.....but learning to love "just enough" is vital to recovery! We can DO this..pulling together.....encouraging one another and giving God First Place each day.
You are in my thoughts and prayers! Be good to you today!
Bren
Old 12-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #10  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm new here, and I need encouragement, too. I've made many starts at losing weight, but they'd usually fizz out around lunchtime. I have at least eighty pounds to lose. I'm 50, a Christian SAHM, a mother to two still in school and a grandmother (one child grown and gone). Looking for some advice and help in this journey. I need to start the journey. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #11  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hello fitchick2be! What a cute name too..as this is a "chick" site!! ME too...and yay! Another 50 something girl! I said I was 35 for 15 years and at 50 decided I was about 40..well at 52 I was 63 some days! LOL!
I am 53 today and praising God for the GIFT of a new day and a fabulous year ahead.
I am so glad to "see" you here and know you will find encouragement and support and love here...... I've just started posting here and feel at home already and haven't begun to venture out yet! I will do some of that this week. This feels like a saftey zone and we all need one!
Be blessed today.....Bren
Old 12-30-2005, 12:11 PM   #12  
MRSKKK

I'm A Newee Too. I Am Really In Need Of Support. All I Think About Is How Much I Need To Lose And The More I Think Weight Loss The More I Eat! I Know That I Need To Fast And Pray About This Situation And I Think I'll Start Tonight. Anyone Have A Hard Time Starting Their Weight Loss Journey?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:37 AM   #13  

Betty925, hope that everything is starting to look up for you. I know how you feel having just started this forum myself. Like you I really needed some encouragement and our good Lord brought me here about a week ago and I feel so much better. I know that it is no mistake that you are here, amongst others that are struggling like you and that care about you and your health. I want to take this opportunity to declare blessings over your life and God's favor over your weight loss...may He pick you up and hold you close in His hands and comfort you and give you the strength that you need to overcome any and all obstacles in your path. I also want to thank you for starting this thread.

Blondee51, you are an inspiration to everyone here and I can only hope that some of your joy and love of life and others will wear off on me. I liked what you said about loved ones being threatened by our changing habits and bodies. Perhaps, when we are getting healthier it makes others around us face the facts of their own shortcomings in those areas and realize they need to lose some weight too.
Closed Thread