100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (Nov. 14-20)

jillybean720
11-14-2005, 06:17 AM
Well, yesterday was a bust! I work part-time for a company that performs "secret shopper" evaluations--I edit the reports before they go to the clients. Well, I signed up to do one of the evaluations at a diner for free breakfast :D Eggs and chicken sausage? Oh no, that would have been far too good--I went all out and and got the eggs benedict and home fries. With water? Well, yes, but also with a hot chocolate with whipped cream :devil: That plus the leftover pepperoni pizza for lunch and dinner plus smoothies at night stacked me up to about 2600 calories for Sunday :o

But now it's Monday, so c'est la vie! Here's today's anticipated menu:

weight control instant oatmeal
yogurt
leftover stir-fry (chicken, broccoli, and corn w/teriyki sauce--no rice)
Smartfood popcorn
turkey ham and instant flavored mashed potatoes
Total: about 1340 calories

Sandi
11-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Me again!!!

11/14/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
80 - Apple
390 - Turkey & Ham Subway with Lt. Mayo & provalone
100 - Soy Crisps
90 - 1/2 granola bar
340 - Chicken
150 - 3/4 cup rice
50 - spinach salad w/ cheese
210 - Popcorn
1620 - TOTAL

Water - 48 oz.
Exercise - 0

DishyFishy
11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Well, mixing up your kcals keeps your body guessing, Jillybean. Seems to be working well for you right now. :)

Hi, Sandi! :wave:

I didn't stick within my kcal limit yesterday either. I opened a bottle of wine and grazed on Triscuits (I always think of SAPF when I'm having a Triscuit moment. ;) Where are you, dear?) until I went to bed. Totting it all up, it could've been much worse. I really did count every Triscuit which is more than I would've done in the past. :)

Sun 13/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, Ŋ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee, 500ml water.
Lunch: 1Ŋ cups home-made chicken & veggie soup; 1l water.
Not sure what to call it: 30 RF Triscuits, 12 LC party cubes, Marmite, veggie sticks; 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: 591 ml bottle water, bottle Zinfzndel.

Total kcals: 1796 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 2.47 mile walk, 20 minutes strength training.

goalnorolls
11-14-2005, 12:33 PM
I had my 'free' day on saturday but did really well. I actually went to Red Lobster and got Crab legs and a baked potato with butter on the side and no sour cream (don't like it anyway!)
I did have a ceasar salad and an appetizer but I know I was still under my points +35

Yesterday I had a bowl of cereal, a chicken finger, a ww meal for lunch and then small portions each of ham and mashed potatoes and a whole bunch of green beans.

Today :
Yogurt
banana
ham and cheese on whole wheat
carrotts

I'm gonna be hungry I left my oatmeal at home :(

Good news- the dog got in my sons bedroom and ate ALL of his candy. :) I am free !!!

rabidstoat
11-14-2005, 10:11 PM
It was one of those days. The cat was sick, I was supposed to go on a business trip, it got postponed a day, I had to reschedule everything, I dealt with the cat and vets, did a full day's work, picked up the cat at last, came home, coddled the sick kitty, arranged a pet sitter, cleaned the kitchen, cooked dinner, ate, did laundry for the trip, AND managed to get in 30 minutes of exercise. I feel like I deserve a medal, I swear! Normally I wouldn't have exercised and taken an 'off day', but with the business trip, I might miss 3 days in a row of exercise.

Anyway. Bed soon, have to get up in 7 hours. Today was a day of total measuring and weighing (except for the veggies at dinner), to remind me of portion sizes, too.

Breakfast
1 cup raisin bran
1/2 cup 2% milk
2 Morningstar Farm breakfast patties

Snack
Single serving of trail mix

Lunch
Healthy Choice meal, Baja Chicken

Snack
2 oz fat free turkey

Dinner
Chicken and veggie stir fry, done up in 1T olive oil (gasp!) and 2T stir fry mix
Served over leftover wild grain rice, done up with a dash of LF butter in the cooking

Snack
1.5 cup diced watermelon

Exercise: 30 minutes exercise bike
What I Watched: Last part of a Survivor: Marquesas episode

Total calories: 1559

Jillegal
11-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Life is very hectic right now, but I MUST remember to check in here and log my food, right?! :dizzy:

Sunday
4 - multi-grain bagel
2 - light cream cheese
1 - Carnation Light hot chocolate
Mid morning
0 - bottled water
2 - medium banana
Early afternoon
1 - Tim Hortons coffee with milk
1 - clementine orange
Late afternoon
0 - Perrier water
Early evening
6 - Pork roast (very lean)
3 - seasoned roast potatoes
1 - mixed veggies (peas, green beans, carrots, lima beans)
0 - lemon flavoured mineral water
Late evening
0 - club soda
22 total

Exercise: Trail walking with kidlets and G (spread over 1-1/2hrs.)

Monday
2 - slice of 100% whole wheat bread
2 - 1tbsp. peanut butter
Mid morning
0 - club soda
1 - Astro yogurt
Early afternoon
2 - 1c 1% milk
1 - clementine orange
2 - sundried tomato and basil rice cakes
Late afternoon
0 - bottled water
Early evening
5 - slice of lean baked ham
3 - wild and brown rice
0 - brocolli & cauliflower (steamed)
2 - light cheese (melted over veggies)
0 - bottled water
Late evening
22 total

Exercise: Dog walking (20min morning and 40min evening)

Getting pretty chilly here, but I'm loving my one point hot chocolate (twice a day) mmmmmm :D

jillybean720
11-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Yesterday, I skipped the Smartfood but had a smoothie at night, so I ended up at about 1800 calories.

Tuesday:

yogurt
instant oatmeal
Special K bar
sandwich (light Wonder bread, ham, provolone, mircale whip, honey mustard, and lettuce)
Smartfood popcorn
frozen stuffed chicken thingy (chicken stuffed w/broccoli and cheese)
instant flavored mashed potatoes
Total: about 1250 calories (and no smoothies tonight because we are out of bananas!)

DishyFishy
11-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Right, Jilly! :yes:

Mon 14/11:

Meal #1: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, Ŋ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee, 500ml water.
Meal #2: 5 oz turkey breast, 2 oz whole-wheat pita, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, tomato; 1 l water.
Meal #3: 4 oz turkey breast, 2 oz w-w pita; 500 ml water.
Meal #4: 5Ŋ oz snapper (grilled), 1 oz whole-wheat couscous, 1 cup peas, asparagus; 1 l water.
Extra Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 1 cup 0% milk, 2 oz whisky, 250 ml green tea, 500 ml water.

Total kcals: 1502 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 40 minute walk.

Sandi
11-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Yes Jilly!! If I am here, you better be!!

11/15/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
150 - Pretzels & Hummus
280 - Turkey sandwich
80 - Apple
100 - Soy crisps
550 - 2 cups chili
50 - oyster crackers
125 - cheddar cheese
1545 - TOTAL

Water - 60 oz.
Exercise - none

DishyFishy
11-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Tues 15/11:

Meal # 1: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, Ŋ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Meal # 2: 2 cups home-made veggie soup, 1 oz whole-grain bread, 3 LC Party Cubes with goat's cheese; 1 l water.
Meal # 3: 15 RF Triscuits, 6 LC Party Cubes, chopped red cabbage; 500 ml water.
Meal # 4: 4 oz chicken breast (grilled), 1Ŋ cups rice, 1 cup peas, asparagus, broccoli; 1 l water.
Extra Drinks: 500 ml water, 500 ml coffee, Ŋ cup 0% milk.

Total kcals: 1508 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 15 minute bike ride, 35 minute walk. (in -10ēC temps, I might add! :smug: )

rabidstoat
11-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Wow, yesterday was a bust for me too. Too little sleep, too much stress, and stuck in the hotel with room service that's not healthy at all. I tried ordering a chicken sandwich, and fries from a craving. I should've asked, the chicken sandwich was fried. And I was hungry and emotional and stressed and working after waking up at 5 am for a plane flight and it's just ugh.

Breakfast
Morningstar soy breakfast patty
Lowfat yogurt

Snack
About 1.15 ounces of cashes

Lunch
Chicken in some sort of sauce that I shook off
Small scoop of ziti (about 6 noodles)
Salad, with a drizzle of some sort of Italian dressing

(Here's where it all went downhill....)

Snack
3 squares of brownie (about 2" by 2" and gooey with chocolate chips and hopefully not more than 250 calories each but you never know)

Dinner
3/4ths of a fried chicken breast
A humongous serving of fries (half a pound?)

Exercise: None, except for stressing
Calories: I'm going to guess around 2900

goalnorolls
11-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Monday night dinner: I had spaghetti, salad and breadstick. later had a giant something ww bar 1 pt

I also had gone to the gym in the a.m. and walked 1 mile.

Tues
No gym
banana
carrotts
Indian taco :o per barby-almost 22 pts
brown rice
pork
peas and carrotts

Wed
Rode 5 mi on recbnt bike this a.m.

Jamba juice
chicken sandwich on whole wheat
carrotts
apple
dinner:
chicken
peas and pasta salad

jillybean720
11-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Ended up having pineapple after dinner last night and another Special K bar, so yesterday's total came to about 1650-1700 calories.

I have been feeling SO hungry yesterday and so far today. I haven't changed my diet much, I haven't been exercising more, and it's not TOM, so why the hunger??? It's not even 9:30am, and I have already had:

can of coke zero
oatmeal
Special K bar
100-calorie pack of Oreo crisps
And I feel like I could still go for a huge bacon cheeseburger and fries! :p Normally, I would say hey, I'm hungry for a reason, so I should eat something (sensible, of course--no cheesecake ;) ). However, my weight is up by about 1.5 pounds, so I am afraid to just keep eating. All I have left for the rest of the day here at the office is a container of strawberries and peaches since I didn't plan on eating everything else so early. Therefore, I may end up having to eat lunch in the cafeteria :fr: And then who knows what or dinner. It's not just cravings (who craves oatmeal?) because I make sure to wait a while and see if I am still feeling hungry. I've been doing so well for the past few weeks, too :(

Sandi
11-16-2005, 11:10 AM
11/16/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
150 - Pretzels & Hummus
380 - Turkey Subway
100 - Soy Crisps
25 - 4 cashews & 1 grape
100 - 1 chocolate covered strawberry
483 - 7 ravioli
50 - sauce
200 - 2 breadsticks
1698 - TOTAL

Last night I went to a purse party, not even expecting food. OMG - Chocolate covered strawberries (My favorite), choc cov pretzels, shrimp, nuts, cheese & crakers, grapes, brownies (my other favorite) and cookies!! I chose wisely, waited until the END of the party to have anything and then logged it all. Whew!

Jillegal
11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Right you are then, Sandi and Ali! :D Yesterday was a good day, foodwise, but in the evening I developed a massive migraine headache that pretty much put me out of commission and I went to bed around 8pm. Heidi didn't suffer though, as G took her instead (though I doubt she got her usual 45min speedwalk) ;)

Tuesday
2 - whole wheat bread slice, toasted
2 - 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Mid morning
0 - bottled water
1 - clementine orange
Early afternoon
4 - cottage cheese with pineapple
1 - seedless grapes
0 - bottled water
Late afternoon
0 - Perrier water
2 - medium banana
Early evening
3 - baked chicken breast (skinless, seasoned)
4 - rice pilaf
1 - baby carrots
21 total (one under target)

Exercise: Morning walk with dog (15 mins)

jillybean720
11-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Well, I've successfully cured my hunger. After the strawberries, peaches, Special K bar, Oreo crisps, oatmeal, can of coke zero, and 2 bottles of water, I was still feeling hungry! So for lunch, I had a slice of cheese pizza and a small salad :mad: The other option in the cafeteria today was taco salad bar, so I am glad I steered clear of that (even though the chips and cheese and sour cream looked really yummy...). Anyway, I've now successfully eaten about 1450 calories today, and it's not even 1pm yet :?: Hope Jeff likes water and lettuce for dinner :p

So, I have successfully (though not sensibly) cured the hunger problem, but now I feel SO tired! Can we say sugar crash? Not only did I have plenty of carbs in the pizza crust (which was neither thick nor thin, kinda in between--Chicago, maybe? ;) ), but I also had regular honey mustard dressing on my salad :( Ahh well, c'est la vie. Now I REALLY don't want to weigh in at TOPS tomorrow night!! QUICK, someone give me an excuse to miss the meeting :devil:

SuchAPrettyFace
11-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Young Jilly,

You did not have any protein at all for breakfast! No wonder you were hungry! I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, when all I have for breakfast is carbs and/or fruit, I'm ravenous @ about 10am. Just a thought. Because trust me, sister! No one craves oatmeal! :p :lol:

Hi Ali, you caught me. No internet at home til Friday night. I've been trying to be a good girl, it's very hard. However, I get to plan Thanksgiving this year, so that was a major coup, now we can keep it healthy.

Older Jilly: :hug:

If Sandi can be here, we should all be here. I know how hard it is for her to log her eats. I promise to follow the good example she is leading with. Tomorrow. :o Today I ate breakfast somewhere that starts w/an M. :mcd: But told them to make mine w/no butter & no onions. Still a lot of fat, calories, cholesterol & protein. :nono: But you know what? I'm on my lunch right now & I'm not hungry for any food! I'm chewing sugarless gum & surfing. When I get hungry later, I have a bag of Natural Ovens bagels, lite Laughing Cow Cheeses, Low Sodium TRISCUITS (best idea ever, synger! :hug: ), and cans of Campbells' Healthy Request soups to choose from. I tried keeping carrots in the fridge here but someone kept eating them!!! :kickcan:

jillybean720
11-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Young Jilly,

You did not have any protein at all for breakfast! No wonder you were hungry!

I probably would have said the same thing to anyone else. The only reason I didn't think it was a problem is that I NEVER have protein for breakfast. I had the same stuff today as I normally have and have been having every weekday morning for WEEKS. I certainly don't have time for eggs in the morning, nor do I even have time to sit for a bowl of cereal. I like the oatmeal because it's "just add water," so I make it in a styrofoam coffee cup with hot water from the coffee pot in the office kitchen :p Oh, and my oatmeal has 7g of protein and 6g of fiber per serving :) Usually, the oatmeal fills me up for quite a while, but today, I have just been ravenous. I hope it goes away soon...

rabidstoat
11-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Breakfast
4 oz yogurt cup
Packet of peanuts

Snack
Luna Bar

Lunch
2 slices of pot roast
1 cup mashed potatoes
Salad, with some feta cheese and balsamic vinegarette dressing

Snack
Another Luna Bar

Dinner
Tossed salad with grilled chicken (double the chicken, hold the cheese and french fries -- I swear, only in Pittsburgh do they serve french fries on salads!)
Packet of LF Italian dressing
Small orange

Exercise: 30 minutes on the treadmill walking
What I Watched: City Confidential

Calories: About 1650

Jillegal
11-16-2005, 10:29 PM
"Older Jill"? :snooty: I thought we agreed to refer to me as :queen: Jill to differentiate me from Princess Jill :D

Not hungry today (boy, don't I wish I felt like THAT more often) :dizzy: Figure it was migraine after-effects.

Wednesday
0 - large mug of tea
Mid morning
0 - Perrier water
2 - medium banana
Early afternoon
2 - thick slice of whole wheat bread, spread with
2 - 1tbsp. peanut butter
Late afternoon
0 - Peppermint tea
Early evening
5 - pumpernickel bagel
4 - soup *
0 - large mug of tea
Late evening
0 - Perrier water
17 total (5 points under target)

* Campbell's Healthy Request Vegetable Beef & Barley (2 cups)

Exercise: Morning (20mins) and Evening (30mins) walks with dog

jillybean720
11-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Okay, so I have reverted back to starting my day with a glass of Carnation instant breakfast in skim milk before I even left the house for the gym. Hopefully, those 12g of protein will help to keep me a little more under control today!

Anyway, it's Thursday, so not a typical eating day since I have my TOPS meeting tonight:

Carnation instant breakfast
oatmeal (another 7g of protein!)
probably some other snack (yogurt maybe?)
Subway 12" sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub on honey oat bread (no cheese), 2 cookies
Total: about 1700 calories

BethC
11-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Hello everyone, I'm having a little trouble. My knee popped again on Tuesday, not as bad as the last time, but enough that Mr. PT is wanting me to use a brace when I work out. Not the end of the world, but it was pretty traumatic for me. First, I didn't want to wear the brace and then I had to put it on with him helping me while I was wearing shorts... :o Yes, I've lost alot of weight, but I was shaking. I think he thinks I'm nuts now.

The good news is that my knee feels better like a day after, last time, it was a few weeks, it means the muscles are getting stronger, and that's a good thing.

My foods, been ok, pretty stable, with a little emotional eating over the knee...

Here's yesterday:

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
5 - zone bar
1 - 1 pt bar
2 - coffee
2 - 2 -1 pt cakes
6 - chicken
2 - cheese
2 - ww bread
26 points

Have a great day everyone!

Sandi
11-17-2005, 11:11 AM
11/17/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect
150 - Pretzels & Hummus
280 - Turkey & Cheese sandwich
80 - Apple
100 - Soy crisps
580 - Tuna subway
1400 - TOTAL

So yesterday I had a close call with some brownies & cookies at a purse party. But I made it. Then I come into work and walk by the kitchen and there staring me in the face are a whole plate of brownies & cookies. AHHHHH!!! Ok, I can do this. I do not need them!!!!

SAPF - you know me so well. I'm glad that I'm setting a good example and we'll see you here today! :D

Jilly Jr. - How's the hunger thing? I think we are just hungrier on some days. My breakfast has 16 grms. of protein. But my snacks only have like 1. I wish I knew how to beef that up.

Jilly Sr. - Glad your migrane has passed. Yuck!

BethC - Sorry your knee is bothering you again. I know where you are coming from, I have the ever-fun heel spur.

rabidstoat - I find that when I am tired all bets are off. I almost think that might have to be added to part of my plan. SLEEP!!!

DishyFishy & goalnorolls - Keep up the good work!! ;)

DishyFishy
11-17-2005, 11:23 AM
I have no energy. :tired: I'm alternating between sleeping for 10+ hours and getting less than 5. I couldn't be pestered to prepare a decent dinner last night, despite having healthy food in the house, so pizza it was. And even though the Chicken Kickers were vile (chopped and shaped muck), I still managed 6 of them. :rolleyes: I dunno, I just can't be bothered with anything right now; I feel weak and miserable and a mess. I hope I don't bring anyone else down into my pit with my negative attitude.

Weds 16/11:

Breakfast: Banana shake (6 oz banana, crushed ice, ŧ cup 0% milk, Ŋ cup plain 2% yogurt, vanilla extract); 500 ml coffee.
Lunch: 2 oz whole-wheat pita, 3 oz lean ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, carrot, cucumber, peppers, radish, tomato; 1 l water.
Dinner: 3 pieces pizza (Domino's medium Deluxe Feast), 6 Buffalo Chicken Kickers :barf: , hot sauce; 1 l water.
Extra Drinks: 500 ml water, 250 ml 0% milk, 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1568 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: None.

BethC
11-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Well, just updating to say I did work out with the brace today. 50 mins - 500 calories. My goal is 2,000 cals for the week. It wasn't so bad. If it keeps me from hurting my knee again, I'll give it a try.

Have a good night everyone!

rabidstoat
11-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow, lots of posts lately!

Breakfast
Small LF yogurt cup
Bowl of instant oatmeal

Snack
2 oz bag trail mix

Lunch
1 scoop maccaroni and cheese (2/3 cup?)
Few slices of turkey and one slice of cheese from sandwich half, with mustard, no bread
1/2 cup fresh diced fruit
Small square Ghiarardelli chocolate (estimate 60ish calories)

Dinner
McDonald's BLT grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing

Calories: Estimate 1533
No exercise, another 10 hour day at work and a plane trip home on top of it, business trip

Jillegal
11-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Glad you managed to have a workout wearing the brace, Beth, and hope the knee doesn't give you any more trouble. How's PT been acting? ;)

Hope the TOPS meeting went well tonight, Jillybean. :smug:

That's right, Sandi, you don't need those brownies and cookies (even though you want them). You're stronger than a plate of chocolate and sugar, girl! :carrot:

I think you do very well considering all the business travelling you have to deal with, rabidstoat! :cool:

Hope you start feeling better soon, Ali, and please don't apologize for being in a funk. Its just not realistic to think we can all be perky all the time and I blame a lot of it on the season. Its dark when I walk the dog in the morning, its dark when I go to work, its dark when I get home from work and dark when I walk the dog at night - talk about light deprivation. Then there's the cold, damn its cold and windy (sigh...and its only November and we still have all the snow to come). As for the energy thing, I know I feel bad when I don't get enough sleep and I feel even worse when I get too much. Yep, its the season. Wish we could be awakened by the warm sun streaming through the the window. This too shall pass, my friend, and you'll be back in the game soon! :hug:

Thursday
2 – slice whole wheat bread, toasted
2 – 1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 – Carnation Light hot chocolate
Mid morning
1 – seedless grapes
0 – bottled water
Early afternoon
3 – small whole wheat pita, stuffed with
0 – sliced tomatoes and
2 – Ŋ tin drained salmon & black pepper
0 – Perrier water
Mid afternoon
0 – peppermint tea
Early evening
7 – homemade shepherd's pie
0 – bottled water
Late evening
2 – slice whole wheat bread, spread with
1 – teaspoon grape jelly
0 – large mug of tea
22 total (on target)

Exercise: total of 40mins. dog walking

jillybean720
11-18-2005, 06:24 AM
I wasn't very hungry at all yesterday, so I guess that crazy 2 days of hunger were just a bump in the road :) I had a .5-pound gain at TOPS last night, but it was to be expected between the INSANE amounts of sodium I'd consumed last weekend causing major water retention and the 2 hunger days occuring RIGHT before weigh-in :p We have no TOPS meeting next week (since it will be Thanksgiving Day), so I've got 2 weeks to get rid of that .5 pound and then some!

Friday:

Special K bar
oatmeal
2 slices cheese pizza
dinner TBD
As long as I keep dinner to 1000 calories or less, I should be around 1800 for the day :cool:

Sandi
11-18-2005, 09:01 AM
So I made it through with no brownies!! Yahhhh!!!

11/18/05
290 - McDonald's Egg McMuffin
290 - Turkey Ham Subway
140 - 1/2 Twix Candy Bar (I threw the other 1/2 away!)
340 - Chicken
150 - Rice
30 - Spinach salad w/ cheese
180 - Hot chocolate
1420 - TOTAL

Exercise:
5 min eliptical (I used to be able to do 25-30 min!)
15 min treadmill
Water: not alot

BethC
11-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah Sandi! It gets easier every time!

I worked out again this morning with the brace, I don't love it, but I'm getting used to it. So, I hit my 2,000 cal. goal for the week! :carrot: I'm working out w/the trainer this afternoon, so any more cals are bonus!

Jill - Mr. PT is doing fine, I see him all the time now because I'm down in the gym everyday. Who knew that's what I needed to get motivated? He's really just a living doll.

Have a good weekend everyone!

SuchAPrettyFace
11-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Yesterday 11/17 started off bad, but ended up ok

99cent bag Krunchers plain potato chips
1 sleeve sunflower kernels
1 sleeve smoked almonds
1/2 cup cold coffee

1/2 cup coffee
1/2 cup soy milk
1 bottle (500ML) water
few handfuls Reese's pieces (until I realized I am still allergic. You would think they'd stop using hydrogenated oil. But you would be wrong!)

1 bowl homemade cream of mushroom soup
2 small pieces muffaletta sandwich
1 cup lemon ginseng green tea

1 Natural Ovens onion bagel
2 wedges laughing cow lite (french onion & garlic/herb flavors)
1 cup green tea/1 cup peach tea all in same mug

SuchAPrettyFace
11-18-2005, 05:11 PM
today 11/18

1 hardee's egg & cheese biscuit
1 small orange juice
1 small BK hash browns
1 packet BBQ sauce

about a cup or so left in a huge water bottle, of water

1/2 cup coffee
1/2 cup soy milk

1 Natural Ovens onion bagel
2 wedges laughing cow lite (same 2 flavors as yesterday)
several dill pickle spears
1 cup green tea/1 cup peach tea, all in same mug

1 BK garden salad
1/2 packet tomato balsamic vinagrette
1 small package fritos (i am all out of triscuits)
1/2 can pineapple chunks in their own juice

other 1/2 can pineapple chunks
several more dill pickle spears
1 cup orange spice tea/1 cup green tea in same big mug

me & some girls from work are going to la fuente's (mexican) for dinner/drinks, wish me luck!

the wait for the mexican place was too long, so we had cuban instead:

ceviche appy (split w/my friend)
steak salad (greens w/sliced pear, carrot, green beans, avocado & steak)
and a drink called the papa hemingway

very nice night. but today i am still craving mexican very badly. :(

DishyFishy
11-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, I have an infection somewhere in the depths of my gob. :( I'm hoping that's the reason I've been feeling so off-colour lately. I felt the first twinges of pain there about 5 weeks or so ago, but it wasn't really bad so I put off doing anything about it until now. I got told off at the dentist for letting it get so bad! :lol: Anyway, :crossed: the antibiotics will shift it.

Thanks for understanding, Jilly. Yes, the short days do seem to have a draining effect upon me. If I'd wanted weather like this, I would've stayed in the UK! :p

A Ŋ pound gain isn't too bad, jillybean. I'm sure you'll have it back off in no time. I take no notice of fractions of a pound anyway, so I'd have recorded that as maintain. ;)

You're doing so well, Sandi, what with not caving to the brownies and chucking half a Twix away! Good show!

I'm impressed with your commitment to exercise, Beth, especially with the brace. :bravo: My "proper" exercise has gone out of the window, I'm afraid. I still aim to get at least 30 minutes of :bike: and/or walking each day, but my exercise DVDs and free-weights are gathering dust as we speak. :o

Thurs 17/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, Ŋ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Lunch: 2 cups home-made veggie soup, 1 l water.
Snack: 3Ŋ oz Snyder's Veggie Crisps; 1 l water.
Dinner: 6 oz chicken breast (grilled), 2 oz whole-wheat bun, 6 LC Party Cubes, peppers, radish, tomato; 1 l water.
Extra Drinks: 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1556 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 3.56 mile walk.

I'll post today's eats later. So far, I'm on track. Let's hope that continues.... :halffull:

rabidstoat
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
No exercise. Oops. I'm just lazy today.

Breakfast
1 cup raisin bran with 1/2 cup 2% milk
Morningstar breakfast patty

Snack
Luna Bar

Lunch
Subway 6" turkey and cheese with veggies and light mayo

Snack
Luna Bar (yes, again)

Dinner
Healthy Choice meal (chicken baja)

Snack
Orange

Late Night Munchies
Chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Calories: 1708

Sandi
11-19-2005, 08:58 AM
I am so excited I made it to the gym yesterday, I was using my heel spur as an excuse. Yes, it's a problem, but that doesn't mean I can't excercise at all. Look at BethC - she's working through it, I am going to take my cues from her!!

11/19/05
100 - English muffin
95 - 1 Tbsp peanut butter
80 - Apple
90 - 1 cup skim milk
240 - 1 can tuna w/ 2 Tbsp lf mayo
160 - 10 crackers
150 - McDonalds ice cream cone
200 - Large yeast dinner roll
70 - 2 butters
90 - few bites lemon rice soup
300 - Lemon chicken
150 - Rice
1725 - TOTAL

Dinner was out, but I wrote everything I ate, and did a best guess.

Exercise:
6 min elliptical
15 min treadmill
Water: iffy again!!

Jillegal
11-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Woo hoo! Sandi won the battle of the brownies!! :carrot: I shall use her victory as encouragement to make it through the weekend (my most difficult time of the week) on my best behavior in tribute to her accomplishment. :D

Geez, with Beth and Sandi soldiering on and exercising through knee and heel pain, how can we even think about not exercising, rabidstoat? :o We can't let them put us to shame! ;)

Half a pound, Jillybean? Bah, one good whizz and you'll get rid of it! I'm with Ali ~ count it as a maintain. Now if its a 1/2lb. loss that's a completely different matter! :p

Ahhh, SAPF ~ always such interesting eats. Hope you had a good time with the girls last night (without over-indulging on Mexican food and booze, that is!) :cool:

Well, well, Ali, so the source of your despondency is within your mouth. No doubt you'll be back to your motivated and vibrant self once the antibiotics have worked their magic. Being a total dental weenie myself ~ some of you may recall my traumatic wisdom tooth removal thread where I re-wrote the words to that disco hit "I Will Survive" ~ I totally understand not having the compulsion to immediately run to the dentist at the first "twinge" stage. :^:

Friday
2 – slice whole wheat bread, toasted
2 – 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Mid morning
1 – clementine orange
0 – bottled water
Early afternoon
4 – kaiser roll
3 - drained flaked tuna
1 - Miracle Whip Light
0 - celery, onion, tomato
0 – club soda
Mid afternoon
2 - banana
0 – peppermint tea
Early evening
3 – seasoned haddock fillet
3 - garlic rice
1 - baby carrots
0 – Perrier water
Late evening
2 - Tim Hortons coffee with cream
25 total (used 3 flex points)

Exercise: 45 mins total dog walking

jillybean720
11-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Well, I said if I kept my calories for dinner last night below 1000, I would be okay, but I did cut it close :devil: I have been having major cravings for a bacon cheeseburger for days (maybe I'm not eating enough red meat?), so I gave in and had one. It wasn't huge, but I counted it as 1/4 pound burger to be safe and make sure I didn't underestimate. I at the whole burger first, so I only ate a couple of the fries. Anyway, yesterday landed me at just over 2000 calories. I was also a pound lower on the scale this morning than yesterday morning, but I know that day-to-day doesn't really mean much since it easily could have been some water I lost.

I'll come back later to update for today.

DishyFishy
11-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Oh, my word! I've discovered Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits! :love: They have over twice the sodium of reduced salt Triscuits, but what a flavour! :twirly: I'm definitely gonna have to watch myself with them....

Fri 18/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, Ŋ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Lunch: 4 oz turkey breast in 1Ŋ oz whole-wheat pita, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, radish, tomato; 1 l water.
Dinner: 2 cups home-made lentil & veggie soup, 8 of the aforementioned Triscuits; 1 l water.
Snack: 4 more Triscuits; 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: 1Ŋ l water, 500 ml coffee, 2 cups 0% milk, 250 ml green tea, 1 l Canada Dry fizzy water stuff (no calorie, no sodium), large whisky.

Total kcals: 1514 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 35 minute bike ride walk.

SuchAPrettyFace
11-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits! :love: Oh hells yes!

(Try the garlic ones. No don't, hahaha. The box of Garlic Triscuits is like magic, for it disappeared in my house in about 2 days time.)

today is a complete lost day:
2 cups orange spice tea

mex-west chicken sandwich (bacon ranch) @ taco john's
small potato ole
20 oz lemonade

1 cup stuffing, fried in 1 T butter :(
1 bottle (500ML) water

3 ounces roast beef
1/2-3/4 cup scandinavian veggie mix w/corn mixed in
parsley & chive potatoes w/butter
small sip cran blueberry wine

1/2-3/4 cup mint moose tracks ice cream

and now i am craving nachos really really bad.

And to think that I woke up this morning feeling better than I had in a long time, and owing it all to the good healthy foods I chose last night. *shakes head* When will I learn? Ever? I'm going to drink some more water, that might help.

instead of nachos, I logged into YIM & YIM'd w/a friend who I knew would not let me drive to Taco Bell (and WHY are those jerks open so late! :p ), and made myself a bowl of tuna w/some mayo & Worcestershire sauce, and a can of black olives.

jillybean720
11-20-2005, 07:48 AM
Saturday:

cinnamon toast crunch cereal w/skim milk
sandwich (reduced-cal Wonder bread, ham, turkey, swiss, provolone, lettuce, miracle whip, and honey mustard) and Sunchips
chicken stuffed w/broccoli and cheese and beef lo mein (thought it was an instant noodle side dish--no actual beef to be found)
smoothies (half and half, strawberries, and banana)
Total: about 2400 calories :o

rabidstoat
11-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Stuff from yesterday. Wasn't really as hungry as usual, for some reason.

Breakfast
1.25 cups raisin bran
1/2 cup 2% milk
Morningstar breakfast patty

Lunch #1 :)
5 oz 93% lean hamburger meat, grilled, with 1-2T catsup

Lunch #2 (I feel like a hobbit, with first lunch and second lunch!)
1/2 turkey & cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, with mustard
Some apple slices

Dinner
Healthy Choice Sesame Chicken meal

Exercise: 30 minutes on the stationary bike
What I Watched: Everybody Hates Chris and some Survivor:Marquesas

Calories: About 1160

Jillegal
11-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Didn't stick to my "eat something at least every 3 hours" plan and was sparse on veggies, but didn't go over on points.

Saturday
4 - pumpernickel bagel, toasted, spread with
2 - "Lite" cream cheese with spinach
2 - coffee with cream
2 - 1/2c orange juice mixed with water and ice
8 - Swiss Chalet quarter chicken dinner *
6 - too many Quaker Wholegrains (Parmesan & Garlic)
24 total (used 2 flex points)

* bbq chicken (white meat, skin removed) 4pts., "Chalet" salad, 0pts. raspberry vinaigrette 1pt, "Chalet" roll (no butter) 2 pts., "Chalet" sauce 1pt.

Zero point beverages: bottled water, Coke Zero

Exercise: long roam around neighbourhood (with dog), checking out houses with "For Sale" signs. :D

luvchild72
11-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this site today and have so far been very impressed by it. It's kind of ironic since today was my day to get serious with myself.

Of course you can't really elaborate on your stats with the tracker bar but I think it's important for me to see in writing and to put out there for others to help hold me accountable to so here's the real skinny; Oct. 2002 - 299, Feb. 2003 - 264, Jul. 2003 (when I met my now husband) 253 - Today - 272. It's time to first get back to where I was and second get my tush headed for the finish line. Although I say 170 is my numeric goal really it's when I'm happy with what I see in the mirror and how I feel.

I did accomplish a lot before by using my head and putting my body to work, and I can do it again. I have to; first for me, second for my future, third because my husband believes in me but doens't care of I do this or not...he actually loves me for me, and finally because I want to be a great mom when we have kids!

So you'll be seeing a lot of me on her and a lot less of me in person!

:df:

DishyFishy
11-20-2005, 03:07 PM
(Try the garlic ones. No don't, hahaha. The box of Garlic Triscuits is like magic, for it disappeared in my house in about 2 days time.)Oh, no... they do garlic ones too? I haven't seen those here yet. :tantrum: The rosemary & olive oil ones have only just arrived in my supermarket and the box looked so pretty and all.... :lol: I know what you mean about feeling better when we've eaten healthily, SAPF. I'm sure it's not merely the psychological aspect either; wholesome food really does have a positive physical effect on me too. I still make too many lousy choices though.... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the thread, Mrs. C! :wave: And welcome to married life! ;)
third because my husband believes in me but doens't care of I do this or not...he actually loves me for meSounds as though you've bagged a good 'un there! My hubby is the same, and it makes a huge difference to me knowing he loves me whatever size I am. Post here every day for accountability, support, and a loving kick up the bum when you need it! :s:

I had a reasonable day yesterday. It's a bit awkward arranging my meals around taking these antibiotics because I'm not supposed to eat for 2 hours before and 1 hour afterwards, and I don't really eat to a regular schedule anyway. Still, I'm managing not too badly, and the bonus is all the extra water I'm getting in every time I take them. :) I actually finished the day on a respectable 1455 kcals, but my mouth was hurting in the middle of the night so I got up for a coffee. Somehow though, I found a hotdog in a bun wending its way into my mouth! It's that old "comfort" thing, I guess. Oh well, onwards and upwards....

Sat 19/11:

Meal #1: 2 oz whole-wheat pita, 1 oz cheddar, 5 olives, tomatoes; Starbuck's Triple Grande FF latte.
Meal #2: 2 cups home-made lentil & vegetable soup, 8 Triscuits; 1 l water.
Meal #3: 2 small whole-wheat buttermilk pancakes; 500 ml water.
Meal #4: 2 oz whole-grain bun, 1Ŋ oz cheddar, 1tblsp. mustard, massive salad of raw veggies; 1 l water.
Middle of the Night: One of hubby's hotdogs in a 2 oz bun; 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: 750 ml water, 500 ml coffee.

Total kcals: 1760 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 30 minute bike ride walk, 20 minute walk.

Jillegal
11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
:wel3fc: Mrs. C!

Glad you're coping quite well with the mouth, Ali. Oh, by the way, its "onwards and downwards" ;)

Mother Nature must have been sick of my griping about the cold and snow, because she gave us a beautiful day today. I wouldn't say it was warm, but it was warmer than it has been and the sun was shining all day. In fact the snow melted, so I couldn't surprise G with a :snow4: but it was a great day for walking!

Again there was a definite lack of veggies on my menu today, but on weekends I'm happy just to stay reasonably within points and not eat junk. :cool:

5- 12 grain bagel, toasted and spread with
2 – light cream cheese
2 - Tim Horton's coffee with cream
Daytime
1 - 1ltre. sparkling water mixed with 1/2c orange juice and ice cubes
1 - seedless grapes
Evening
6 - meat tortellini with
1 - sun-dried tomato, pesto and spinach
4 - slice garlic bread
0 - water
2 - Tim Horton's coffee with cream
24 total (used two flex points)

Exercise: morning and evening walks with dog (45 mins total)

SuchAPrettyFace
11-21-2005, 01:02 AM
Yes, they do garlic ones...and cheddar ones. But my favorite are the low-sodium ones. :smug: (ahem, not really, but it sounds good, doesnt it?)

Today:

1 cup vegetarian chili
1/2 turkey/provolone sandwich on 7 grain bread
1 almond joy soy latte

3 slices sausage pizza ($5 pizza from little caesars, thanks mom)
1 bottle (500ML) water

1 bratwurst
1/2 cup-3/4 cup sauerkraut
1 serving parsley chive potatoes from yesterday
1-2 servings cranberry jelly
1 bottle water (500ML)

grabbed another bottle of water, have not yet finished it yet (dang diuretic!)

2 cups peppermint tea, my favorite way to end the day. :)

Welcome to the thread, Mrs C! :) :wel3fc:

jillybean720
11-21-2005, 06:16 AM
STOP!
There's a new thread for the new week--
come join us there! :D

Sandi
11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
11/20/05
100 - English Muffin
50 - Strawbeery Jam
350 - Chicken Sandwich
110 - Pretzels
210 - Popcorn
660 - 3 slices hand tossed pepperoni pizza
240 - 1 cup light ice cream

Exercise: Splashed around in the pool for 60 min.