100 lb. Club - New Year's Challenge

View Full Version : New Year's Challenge

teahoney
11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Any of my 100 clubbers willing to do this challenge with me?? My goal is to lose 20 pounds by January 1, 2006. I have already lost three (Yippee!! :carrot: ) so I have 17 more pounds to go. It doesn't matter what plan you are following, I just need the support and I am here to support you.

Most importantly, I want to start exercising regularly and eating properly on a consistant basis. Also, it's staying motivated. I am always so gung ho for the first week and two and I see the lose and then I chicken out and binge. That pattern has to stop.

So anyone up for the challenge, just jump in on this thread. We can do this together!! :grouphug:

Hilary
11-13-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd love to join you! My goal is to lose 15 pounds by January 1, so I can start the year out under 200!

teahoney
11-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Cool! Is that you in your avatar? You are very pretty. Love love love hair over the eye thing. Makes you look like a seductress. lol Really! At least to me.

I'll be weighing in again next Sunday. Hoping for a loss. :crossed:

Hilary
11-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Hehe, yes, that's me. You're so sweet...I am going to go hide my very red face now. :D

Weighing in on Sundays for this is peachy with me! :)

FunKristin
11-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I would also like to join you guys! I think 20lbs by Jan 1 is a great goal. :)

LegallyBrunette
11-14-2005, 12:16 AM
I'd like to join!! My goal is to lose 15 pounds by Christmas... but since January 1 is so close, I'll keep it at the 15 by January 1!!!

babs2810
11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
my goal was 20 by the 2nd so you bet !

goalnorolls
11-14-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't think I can do 20 but I'm willing to try for 15 by the first :)

missaprylj
11-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Liz, I LOVE "Just because you break one egg doesn't mean you have to break the other 11." That is SOOOOOOO GREAT. I think it will be my new mantra. Honestly, I love it!!!

FunKristin, my best friend's name is Kristin. Nice to meet you. :D

Hilary, your avatar is beautiful. Very sassy! :D

OK, so... New Year's goal. I would like to make my goal to just go to Curves every day Monday-Friday and to do my own workout at home on the days they are closed due to holidays. :D

Yogini
11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I would LOVE to drop 20 pounds by December 31!

That would be about 3 pounds a week, consistently...starting NOW ;) That is putting a LOT of pressure on myself...what if I don't lose due to hormonal fluctuations a few of those weeks? What if I build muscle and show no loss but lose fat inches (I just added in regular weight training)?

I'll say that I will stick to my program, consistently through this time (even on holidays), follow the nutritional goals I have outlined for myself and increase my workout frequency and times, changing it up, doing more Nia, Aqua Aerobics, Yoga and Pilates in addition to straight cardio and weight training.

I *may* just make it to -20 pounds by then! We'll see ;)

teahoney
11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Great. It's so good to see so many jumping on board. Today has not been so great. I haven't overeaten, I've undereaten which can just be as bad sometimes. I was supposed to go food shopping today and the money I was supposed to get didn't come through and I hardly have any food in the house. Soooo, I'm hoping that it will happen tomorrow.

Hilary
11-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Apryl, thanks! hehe! :) It's one of the few pictures I actually like of myself. lol

Teahoney, you're right - undereating can be just as bad. I've been horrible about that in the past and ever since I started keeping a record of everything that goes in my mouth, I've been doing much better.

This week for me has been pretty great...yesterday marked losing my first 10 pounds officially! Hooray!!!

babs2810
11-15-2005, 08:43 AM
teahoney,

Yesterday must have been a day for undereating. i messed up my plan so good i had a major sugar low. so it is real important (for me) to keep on plan as much as possible. my mom and my daughter are both hypoglycemic i just didnt realize that i was also. I got lucky though i was able to get it regulated in about 4 hours and i dont have to worry about it going to high today. but i do have to worry that i dont "crash" again today. im taking my tester into work today so if i need it i have it.

teahoney
11-15-2005, 11:09 AM
This week for me has been pretty great...yesterday marked losing my first 10 pounds officially! Hooray!!!

Congratulations on your first 10 pounds lost!! That calls for a carrot dance :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

teahoney
11-15-2005, 11:12 AM
babs, I know what you mean. When I don't eat like I should I can feel my blood sugar dropping and I get really sick and nauseous. So I have to make sure that if nothing else, I always have healthy snacks that I can munch on.

barbygirl43
11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the group teahoney :welcome2: I was going to let you know that we have a weekly buddy thread going where everyone posts their eats and sometimes exercise. We also have another exercise thread going each week for those wanting to post their exercise to help be accountable. There's also the monthly point challenges (2 points for food, 1 for water, 1 for exercise) if you need something to challenge you.

As for my new year's goal. Honestly? I would like to lose about 10 pounds so I can at least say I started the year weighing less than what I weighed at the beginning of this year. I want my exercise to remain a consistent part of my life and not let little things get me off track.

teahoney
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks barby. There's so many different threads I can't keep up. And then I see a thread and can't remember which forum I saw it in. LOL I'll get the hang of it....one of these days.

ChickinHouston
11-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Is it too late for me to join? I had originally wanted to lose the weight by Christmas, but I think New Years is a good goal. I'd LOVE to be in ONEderland by New Years!

PS. You guys sound really nice. :)

teahoney
11-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Of course it's not too late Chickin. Join in!!!

Stinger766
11-15-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm in too. My goal is Christmas too but it was/is 20 lbs as well. It's nice to have so many others with similar goals as well!

Thanks for starting up this thread!

babs2810
11-16-2005, 08:29 AM
tea honey,

I had alot of trouble figuring out how to keep tack of a thread myself when i got started last week. ( i spent all weekend sitting here poking around) and i finally figured it out.

once you log in you can click on the User CP button at the top left hand of your screen.

this will take you to your personal page.
here you can edit your signature weight sliders ect.

you also have a spot for supscriptions.
{this is where i got stuck}

i8f you are in a thread and you want to keep up with it. at the top of the thread there is a button for "thread tools" click on that then click "subscribe" this will put a link in your personal page.

soooooo.... all you have to do when you come in (if you are in a hurry) is go to your personal page then you have it all at your finger tips.

but dont forget to surf around or you will miss out on stuff. like i wouldn have missed this thread. that would have been a drag.

hope that helped :D

teahoney
11-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Thank you so much Krista. I had no idea you could do all that and who knows when I would have figured it out for myself. :dizzy: I'm going to go do it right now.

Safora
11-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Count me in!

I plan to lose 20 lbs by Jan 1st too. That will bring me to 260 which is 100 lbs. total lost. I think I can do it as I always lose fast in the beginning.

ChickinHouston
11-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Snug: Wow! I'm impressed! Seeing anyone who has the motivation and willpower to lose so much weight is an inspiration. Thank you! :hug:

I have another weigh in today. If it seems I post about weigh ins a lot...I do, lol. I get weighed 3 times a week. It's a little unnerving, but meh...it keeps me on track. Thank you so much for keeping me motivated 3fc! I normally would have given up by now, but thanks to the support of my hubby and all you fabulous chickies...I'm actually going to do it! :cheer: :thanks:

goalnorolls
11-16-2005, 11:41 AM
is it possible to lose 20 lbs by then if I am averaging 2 lbs a week now but now I am exercising? You'd think I could bump it up to 3 lbs if I am doing cardio. I normally do weights when I work out but don't want that gain from the muscle. I realize muscle weighs more than fat but how fast does it take to turn around to losing more fat because of the muscle?
Am I confusing ya'll yet?? :)

BethC
11-16-2005, 01:47 PM
My goal for the New Year is to get to 199!, that's 14lbs.

Then I'm going to get my belly button pierced, I've always wanted to! :devil:

teahoney
11-16-2005, 02:10 PM
goalnrolls, if you are averaging two pounds a week then I guess you'd probably lose about 10-12 pounds. I'm just starting out and I always lose a lot of weight at first so that is why I decided on 20 pounds.

ChickinHouston
11-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Ok, so I lost another half pound. Big whoop. I am supposed to be averaging 3-5 pounds per week on this diet. I have lost 1 pound so far this week. Oh, and my oh-so-supportive hubby turned out to HATE going to the center with me. So...I'll be going by myself. And working out by myself. And cooking for myself. Great. I'm having a great day. *sarcasm*

teahoney
11-16-2005, 10:01 PM
What diet are you on, chickin?

babs2810
11-17-2005, 08:39 AM
chickin,

I know it is discouraging when they say "oh yea baby ill drive you to the gym if it snows" then when its 20 below out and they wont get off their but to even start your car let alone drive you to the gym. but you have to remember..you want to loose weight because YOU WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT not because he told you too. keep in your mind I'M gonna do this. then when youve dropped a bunch of weight you can say to yourself i didnt need somone to make me do it i did it and it was damn hard. but i did it. that will make all of the diffrence.

the things that seem to be the hardest to accomplish are the most rewarding.

ChickinHouston
11-17-2005, 10:20 AM
babs: I know, you're right. It's just so much easier when I thought he was all gung ho. It gave me motivation. I don't really have any friends around here to kick me in my butt. That's what he did (in a matter of speaking).

teahoney: I joined the Quick Weight Loss Center in Houston. They actually aren't pleased at my progress, so they are attempting to "shake up" my diet. I'm supposed to hit my goal by Feb 28th. That's IF I average 3-5 pounds per week.

teahoney
12-11-2005, 06:20 PM
I had to dig this thread out of the dungeon. I can't believe I started a challenge and then had the audacity not to keep up with it. :dizzy: Please forgive me :^:

I hope that everyone has been doing well (No thanks to no support from me). I am happy to say that I have been exercising regularly and my eating has definitely improved. I've lost 14.5 pounds as of today and only have 5.5 pounds to go. I'm secretly hoping that I will even surpass my goal but reaching it will make me very happy as well.

Anyone still keeping up with this challenge?? I promise to stay on top of it this time. I had just joined and totally forgot I even started this thread.

newfiedarling
12-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm in. I'm going to be very realistic and aim for 5 pounds. It will be a miracle if I do that much by New Year's, but I'll do my best. Good luck everyone!

~Dee

BethC
12-12-2005, 01:29 PM
My goal for the New Year is to get to 199!, that's 14lbs.

Then I'm going to get my belly button pierced, I've always wanted to! :devil:

Ok... I haven't gotten too far on my goal. But there are 3 weeks left, time to make a large dent in it!

babs2810
12-12-2005, 02:26 PM
im still plugging at it but i just dont know if im going to make it...... i lost another 2 lbs as of this am but i went for nearly a month on no loss (WTF!) but hopefully i can get ten by the first! That would make me SSSOOOOOO happy!

teahoney
12-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Glad to see you ladies are still in. No worries if you don't reach your goal, just glad that you are giving it a go again.

teahoney
12-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm not weighing in this week. My dear Aunt Flo has come to visit and I like most women, I gain during this time. So my ticker won't be changing.

How is everyone doing? I have been sick thanks to my daughter who got sick thanks to my brother. I haven't exercised since Wednesday, I'm just so out of it. So today I'm going to pull out all the stops and try to get as better as I can so I can get back to exercising by tomorrow. I only have 5.5 more pounds to go and I want to know that I have given my all to reach my goal.

BethC
12-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Ok... I haven't gotten too far on my goal. But there are 3 weeks left, time to make a large dent in it!

Ok, 2 weeks down and I've made a dent. I'm down 3lbs this weeks, only 10lbs left. If I don't make it, I'll be very close!