Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:34 AM   #1  

Default What's Up? Thread for 11/13-11/19

Happy Sunday Ladies! I'm up early with the kids and I actually have no place to run off to this weekend. Let's have a another great week!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #2  

So Quiet here! Well I am feeling MUCH better. I even exercised an hour, 40 minutes of toning and 20 minutes on the treadmill right after!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:52 PM   #3  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

WTG, Misty. Did exercise kinda help you get rid of your frustration? I'm sorry you had such a crappy evening, but I feel ya, Sista!! Your house sounds about like ours, it seems like ours is falling down around us. You should be here in the summer; I don't have mice, but every summer we get bats. Every year I ask my dd to try to close up the places they get in & every summer she doesn't. We've been here 4 years. The first year we were here, we had a squirrel in the house running around in the living room and dining room. That was fun!!!

I've quit stressing about tryin to eat right. I'm just trying to do exercise on the gazelle every day & trying to eat more of the good stuff and less of the bad. Not trying to count everything. I'm so tired of it. Gonna give myself a break until after the surgery. I'll still have about 4 months to lose before we go to Vegas. And if I don't, what the heck. Maybe eating more fruits & veggies will do the trick, I won't have as much room to eat the bad stuff.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:26 PM   #4  

I'm glad you're feeling at least a little better, Misty. You've been going through quite a lot lately--you're such a strong person.

Yesterday was a little too exciting for my tastes...quite a few tornadoes ripped through the area. The closest one was about 5 miles from me (but in the same city). A lot of homes were destroyed, and there was one fatality.

I haven't exercised since Thursday, so I must do that tomorrow morning.

Kitty, I couldn't imagine having a squirrel in the house. Wow! What's funny is that one of my friends in college had a roommate that kept a pet squirrel! She seriously kept it in a cage in their basement, and she had a leash for it. She would take it for walks!!! She was crazy!!

Have a good week!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #5  

Kitty, I intended to mention that maybe a break off of counting points and such is what you need. I did that for a while, yet I tried to be ultra conscious of the types of food that I was eating. I thought about points, but I didn't count them. Maybe it's worth trying?!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:42 AM   #6  

Good morning! I had to get up extra early today b/c I don't know when the kids are coming. Thier mom has a schedule change in the next couple weeks, and I didn't know if it started this week or maybe next week. I don't even know if it's thier mom who is bringing them. If it is thier dad they won't be here until 7:20 and will be annoyed b/c I could have slept another almost two hours. I don't see how hard it can be to call me.

Anyway Kitty, I agree with Steph sometimes we need a break. You have alot on your plate right now. Maybe just relaxing a bit and not counting every bite will give you just one less thing to worry about. Just choose good healthy food and be aware of when you are full. Kind of like core. I knoew you were doing ediets for awhile so I'm not sure how it all works but, I think you do need a repreive. That squirrel part killed me! Those suckers can be nasty!!!! Around here though they'd just shoot it and probably half the livingroom too LOL.

Old houses huh? So frustrating. We're waiting to see if my father in law is able to remove this house from the farm deed. Then we can buy it and borrow money to fix it. Right now we just rent. But, DH's great grandmother has a life long lease of it. She turns 100 this month. So there is alot of leagal stuff to go through b/c she still has rights to it. She won't be coming back though as she has been in a nursing home for 10 years. But there is still alot of crap involved. Maybe someday.

Well I guess I better get going. Happy Monday everyone!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #7  

Misty-Glad you are feeling better girl..sorry you are up so darned early!!
Kitty- I agree with the group...maybe a beak is just what you need!
Steph-Glad you are ok with all the tornados in the area...that is so scary..I completely understand about bad weather now...trust me...we are supposed to get the bad weather tomorrow.

Well hoping for a great Monday...and a good week period!!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #8  

I was rushing this morning, but I meant to say Steph I am sorry to hear about you rbad weather. I hope you and everyoen you know is ok. One tornado is bad enough, let alone several. Is it just me or are we having weird weather? It's liek 60 here....in mid-NOVEMBER!! We had thunderstorms with tornado warnings last week. Luckily everything was fine, but they did have funnels about 5 hours away. It's strange. I can't remember a thunderstorm in November. Usually it's lake effect snow! Which will probably show up next week when my sister drives up from NC!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #9  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation

Hi Sistas,

Thx all for supporting my "pardon". I feel like I've just been released from diet "death row" . LOL

However, I'm still exercising & trying to at least eat healthy when I do eat. Went out yesterday and stocked up on veggies & fruits. Gonna eat all I want of that stuff & try to severly limit junk type food for a while.

I also joined an Overeaters Anonymous online group. Don't know what to expect there, but they have online meetings. There is no OA meeting near me, so I hope this will be as good.

Will update ya later, Sistas.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:40 PM   #10  

Kitty_ It sounds liek you've got a plan. Let us know how OA goes. Ididn't know they had online meetings
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM   #11  

Thanks for the concern, ladies. Tornadoes are amazing creatures, and we were so fortunate that there was as little damage as there ended up being. Like the one that went through my city (Ames). It could have been so much worse. There was a college football game set for kick off at 6:00pm, and the tornado hit touched down a couple miles away at 5:00pm. Could you imagine if it would have hit the football stadium!?! They were trying to evacuate everyone in the stadium when the tornado sirens went off, but evacuating 50,000 must take a while. They were moving everyone into the basketball stadium which is across the huge parking lot from the football stadium.

I have a fricken' headache today. I feel like going home from work. I don't have much going on today at work anyway.

Kitty, one of my friends in another group attends OA meetings. She absolutely loves them. I know that they're not in your area, but maybe the online format will be beneficial too.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:55 PM   #12  

Well ladies I fell off the wagon. My first real screw up. Weigh in tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what happens. They told me to eat more so I did and couldn't stop. I ate a half of a pizza yeah an entire half of a pizza and drank an entire bottle of wine and then two pieces of Godiva chocolate I should be so discusted with myself but you know what I enjoyed every sinful bite The thing that I am so proud of is that I am back at it today this never has been my mo so I have improved and I am still teachable I even counted up all the points and after using my 35 flex points I am only over 11 points so hey for me this is a huge victory. Well they say confession is good for the soul so thanks a lot ladies for listening as if you have a choice Really is nice we have each other.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #13  

Steph-Sending feel better vibes your way... Tornados freak me out now. I've seen them form way out on lake Erie and didn't bat an eye. We used to go chasing after thunder storms and watch the roll in on the beach then run like heck and drive up on the hills and watch them roll in again. But since that one came through when my daughter was just weeks old and I was all alone in the house with a brand new baby I've been freaked out. They are strange creatures in deed. It hit the famr one hill over jumped us and hit a farm on the other side. Scarey.

Luflic-Don't fret I eat half a pizza all the time... maybe why I don't lose? LOL I just count my points and move on. Anyway, in the big scheme of it you probably needed a break! Plus, you didn't really do that bad. And here's the biggest thing, you didn't freak out, or continue on a 21 day eating binge. You did it, counted it and got back on track! That's what it's all about. You may slip but you're not quitting. There is a big difference there! I'm proud of you!
Closed Thread