WW Clubs and Groups - Tuesday 26th June

View Full Version : Tuesday 26th June

Lollybird
06-26-2001, 06:04 AM
Hellooooooooooooooooo and good morning :cool:

It is boiling hot here in the UK, Wimbledon is on the telly, Internation cricket against Australia starts in a few days' time, I DO NOT WANT TO BE WORKING!!! But unfortunately, I have a whole list of things to be getting on with, and time is of the essence so I am stuck here in front of the computer :mad:

Well, the weekend was FUN, the spa day was ace - especially the swimming pool/sauna/jacuzzi bit in the afternoon! And we both ran the WHOLE of the 5k, albeit very slowly (I blame the heat!) - I got a time of 40:30, and kirsty came in in 39. I didn't even keel over once I got through the finish line ... so now I am thinking I might do another one in September and try and go a bit faster ... hmm ...

Have been filling in the food diary at www.fitday.com every day this week, and it is so interesting to see what vitamins and nutrients I'm (not) getting. I thought my diet was pretty healthy, and it probably is compared to the average, but even so, I am eating more fat and sodium and fewer vitamins than I would have thought. Got WI in half an hour, so let's see what happens there ...

Anyway, better dash - work calls. Come out and play, and I'll be back later :D

hugs,
Lxxx

ps:- WOO HOO!!! 3.5 down and I'm under 200!!! :smug: :smug: :smug:

TonyaLyn
06-26-2001, 08:50 AM
WAY TO GO LOLLY!!!! :) :) :) :)

That is awesome! Take the day off and celebrate!! :)

I voted the sun on the poll, I am pretty dark already, not always the best about wearing sun screen, need to be better about it.

Well, another day of work, and I just feel like hanging out here all day! :)

Not much else new. Staying within my points, and trying to get some exercise.

I'll post later!

Trish O
06-26-2001, 09:53 AM
I just have not time to post anymore. Makes me sad. What with internet police etc.

Anyway, I am doing very well but eating way too much. I need to eat less and better. Lately I have really craved mac and cheese. Not good as I go the kraft kind. I need to make my own to get a better kind. Also, I have not been too hip on veggies (and usually I LOVE them) so I am forcing myself to eat them. Anything for the little one.

Lolly: CONGRATS on being under 200!!! That is so wonderful!!!!

Tonya: get on teh sun screen. Skin cancer can be so bad.

Ok, must go.

Trish

Belle2000
06-26-2001, 10:30 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done!! You must be so pumped!! I bet it was that run that melted it off for you this week - YAY!!! What a great motivator that is....I tried the fitday thing but it takes so long that I never get done....slow computer!

Re the poll, I like my own colour. I am an olive girl and I use sunscreen but still manage a bit of a tan. I am careful though - lots of dark moles I have to watch!!

Well, I had a nice night - went to dinner with my mom, but I got sick afterward!! I think htere was MSG or something in hte food!? Tonite b/f and I are going to my sister's for dinner. I am so tired though....I slept from 9:30 - 6:45 without even waking to pee and I am still dragging my @ss today. I need Coffee!! Well, off to get a caffiene fix!!

Hi Tonya & Trish and the potential posters!

Have a great OP day!!

Belle2000
06-26-2001, 11:21 AM
Hey! come out and post!!!??? Where is everyone?

TonyaLyn
06-26-2001, 11:32 AM
I am so bored at work, I wish you all would come out and post too!!! :p

So, Belle, what do ya want to talk about? ;)

StaceyT
06-26-2001, 11:34 AM
Hey everyone...since the wedding is close, I've been tanning in a bed. I know it's bad and I'm not gonna continue after the honeymoon.
I had leftover shower cake for breakfast this morning. BAD ME!!:mad: Why? I don't know. It was there.
Boss is coming back.
More later....

Belle2000
06-26-2001, 11:35 AM
Hey Tonya...well, now I am on the spot!! Can't think of anything (besides how tired I am and how unengrossed I am in my work!)

AGH!!

Did you notice there are 9 votes, but only like 4 of us posting?? LURKERS!!!

Belle2000
06-26-2001, 11:38 AM
Stacey - I don't know why I do that too - if there is cake there I'll eat it for breakfast. But I look at it this way - I'll work it off the rest of the day!? Right??

I ate 36 points yesterday (GASP!) I earned 4 activity points,but still! I had a half a peice of cheesequake from the cheesecake cafe and cream sauce pasta for dinner - how bad am I??? I paid for it though...

Today - going to be much better...

KO - forgot to mention that the michelina's are pretty bad....there are some good ones out there though, you need to try a bunch of different frozen dinners to find the good and low point ones.

Well, off to try to do work (but I'll be checking every 3 or 4 minutes, as am not very engrossed in work...

Belle!!! :yawn:

Kirsty
06-26-2001, 11:48 AM
hello girls,
sorry to lurk, but mondays and tuesdays are my busy days. and will be for the next few months (my notice period is 3 months cos i'm so hard to replace apparently). only they don't know i'm going yet cos still to get contract and check it all out...anyhow. once i do decide you guys may not see very much of me for a while, i don't know what internet access will be like. :(
i prefer to be tanned, but because i burn in the sun, don't want skin cancer from sun beds and am too lazy to use fake tan, i guess i prefer my natural colour! (milk bottle white: i glow in the dark and dazzle traffic).
LOLLY - HOORAY! that's great news.
trish, the hot weather here has put me off my food. but rather than eat less i'm forcing myself to eat regular meals and seem to end up eating just as much (once i start i can't stop....). good luck avoiding the mac and cheese.
hi belle, stacey, tonya and all the lurkers. i better work before someone reads this post!!

kirsty

LoriD
06-26-2001, 11:52 AM
Congratulations lolly-you are motivating me.....went to dinner last night with a friend and his mom-we had japanese stir fry and i managed to stay in points by ordering swordfish-mmmmm
So...I moved over the weekend-very stressful b/c u haul screwed me over and I couldn't get a rental truck even though i had reserved one 2 weeks before!!! So my friends were lifesavers and I moved with two pickup trucks and a Durango...then after a hectic Sat/Sunday I started commuting to my old job-an hour each way from the new place(the new job starts in 6 weeks-commute will be 10 minutes)...so anyhow...this friend of mine is moving to town...he came in with his mom to unpack his stuff...but his movers aren't getting here till friday!!! So they are staying with me....it is stressful to have comapny right after you move!!!! And to top it off...i need to get up extra early every morning to drive them to the commuter train station...I tried hinting that they take a cab but he didn't bite....what a pain!!!! I mean-I offered to put them up for one or two nights-and it turns out to be four or five!!! Grr...ok, i 'm done...
Now tonight DF and i had plans w/ my old roomie and her fiance-they are moving out of town this week to minnesota...and I have to have my friend and his mom tag along...
Amidst all of this I am working solo as a doctor for the first week in my life....AND trying to stay OP and exercize...AND dealing w/ PMS.....can't wait for WI:(
Thanks for 'listening' to me rant and rave!

bye for now...Lori

kimobi
06-26-2001, 11:56 AM
I stayed OP yesterday, for possibly the first time in weeks! Yippee! And went walking. Only 2 exercise points but that's something. I'm going to have a salad for lunch and stay OP today, because maybe I have a little shot at losing tomorrow. I'll take .2, .4, anything! But I tell you, girls, I SOOO want to get under 180. It would help me so much to break that number.

Lolly: Congrats on getting under 200!

Hi Belle, Stacey, Tonya, Trish ...

On tanning: I like to get a little sun natually, but I'm pretty fair, so I always slop on the sunscreen and take whatever I get. I don't get outside as much as I'd like, though! I use self-tanner once in a while, which is really great. The best thing I like about the summer sun, though, is that it lightens my hair!

Well, gotta meet b/f pretty soon for lunch. Trying to grab a little time together!

kimobi
06-26-2001, 11:58 AM
Whoops ... hi to Kirsty and Lori, too. We were posting at the same time. Lori, what kind of doctor are you? Good luck!

sbirdhr
06-26-2001, 12:02 PM
Yesterday ended up ok - 25 poimts plus 6 exercise points. I wanted to bank more to make up for the weekend but I will have to settle for my max and try again today. We went to thte grocery and bought yummy healthy. We had bbq chicken and cou couse with wilted s[inach last night - very good and only 6 poitns for the whole dinner. We are going to have steak and cous cous(get rid of leftovers) this wekk as well as vegie fajitas - looking forward to that :)

I am working at home today and again don't have much work. I may get a break this afternoon if I am lucky. I had a Dr. appt thismorning adn it was fine - arthirits is the same, increase medication.

How is everyone? I am a little depressed/antsy. Can't really rescribe why. DH was supposed to go to Lousiana with my dad to bring back a truck of furtinuture for us and some cousins but now may not be able to. I feel bad b/d I am annoyed at DH b/c if he didn't want to go to Las Vegas(frivilous trip) he could change the dates to Lousiana. I don't know what we are doing now.

Lolly - Great job on the race and on being under 200. You must feel great. You desreve a day off!

Kirsty - 3 months notice i a very long time. Does the TV station know abou that part? I couldn't wait that long!!!

Tonya - Come play more. Good job on points!

Trish - don't worry too much baout points right now. On the Pregnant WW board there are women who eat anywhere from 30-55 points per day while PG.

Lori - Sorry your week is so stressful. Can't you leave the company at home while you go out? You are certainly a nice friend to have them stay in your new place before you are unpackked. I hate UHaul. If DH drives a truck up this summer, no UHauls!!!!

Stacey - I can't resist cake either. I would eat it every meal if it were in my house.

Ok, talk to you later.

Sarah

LoriD
06-26-2001, 12:25 PM
Was just checking out the bio thread...now there is some inspiration-we are all shrinking!!!!
Lori-Yes, I am procrastinating....

Jen-L
06-26-2001, 12:30 PM
HI everyone. I was SOOOO busy this morning. I can definately tell summer is here, that is our busy time!!! Plus I have been working on training the new receptionist. She seems to be working out really well!!

Emma is OK. She refused to eat for 2 days and screamed in pain. Turns out she had 2 sores in her mouth kind of like canker sores. The doctor said they can feel like pins poking her. Hand, Mouth and Foot disease is what is was and it is a virus that spreads like colds. She got it at Daycare and there is no treatment. Poor thing. But she feels better today and is eating. YAH EMMA, she is a trooper!

Trish... I LOVED Mac and Cheese when I was PG. That and peanut butter. It drove hubby crazy. I bought the Easy Mac and CHeese that you can make in the micro and ate it at work!!

LOLLY... YAH ON THE LOSS! I am jealous, but I am getting there soon!!

Oh and I like my color. Although I tan easy... actually burn then tan, I have moles and that scares me. I really don't want skin cancer. So If I get a sun burn, it is accidental. I may try some of those new spray on tanners tho. The year I met hubby I was out in the sun a lot and was really tan, that was the last year I tried to tan in the sun.

Oh, better get back to work. More later hopefully!

Belle2000
06-26-2001, 01:02 PM
Congrats on getting OP yesterday!! What a great feeling, eh? Its like breaking the circle. And you walked! You should be very proud! :smug:

Kirsty - the hot weather turns me off eating too much too - which is great! I eat lots of salad and diet coke in the summer months...winter is eating mode for me, like a bear!

Lori - what sort of doctor are you? Your week sounds super stressful - try to find some Lori-time for a bath or something...

Sarah - I hate the inexplicable depression/restlessness....I am sure it'll pass. Hang in there! You did great OP yesterday too!!

Jen - glad Emma is okay. My niece got thrush when she was a baby - her mouth was coated and painful...poor baby!!

well, back to work! I have become productive today!! How odd! :lol:

LoriD
06-26-2001, 01:38 PM
I am a Family Practice doctor...that means I do everything from kids to adults, including delivering babies...low risk OB...more like midwifery in a way...and it IS stressful at times...thanks Belle-I will try to grab some time...DF and I are possibly going to an amusement park next monday...so far just the two of us...that should be fun...Lori

Horsey girl
06-26-2001, 03:13 PM
Hello all - soon to be goodbye all - I got bad news yesterday that they don't have any work for me for a while so I'll be job hopping at various temp agencies for a while. Who knows if I'll be working in a room with a computer. I'll probably be doing forst aid on some of the contruction sites here and that means sitting in a trailer all day waiting for someone to hut themselves. Yay Fun!!:s:
Anyway, BF and I are going on holidaze for a few days first to Vancouver Island and then I can worry when I get back - I'll try to pop by from the home computer but I think it's quite pathetically slow. We'll see - I'm still here tomorrow!! I've managed to stay OP but I've been eating horribly. Wine and Liquer last night and I may have to weigh in today - oh well. As for the poll - I didn't answer. I try and avoid the sun as much as possible because I burn horribly - of course when the burn goes away I end up a nice pasty white - Yes Kirsty - I too glow in the dark. Well it's nice to see how everyone is doing. Jen - I'm glad Emma's feeling better - it's so hard when they're so small. Lori - icky moving horrors - I'm not looking forward to moving in the fall and we haven't even found a place yet. Lolly - YAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAY - you get the idea - way to get under 200:D :D

Hello to everyone else - I'll check back in a bit
KT

TonyaLyn
06-26-2001, 03:17 PM
Ok, you all know how important water is in the weight loss battle...

How much water have you drank today??

(Come on, fess up!!)

I am proud to say I have had 70 oz., one day down, lots more to go!! :D

So, how about everyone else?

Jen-L
06-26-2001, 03:35 PM
I have drank at least 70 ounces. I drank 2 32 ounce glasses at work for 64 ounces plus a huge glass this morning. I usually get in about 90-100 ounces a day. Maybe that is why I don't have as much of a problem with bloating!

TonyaLyn
06-26-2001, 03:43 PM
HOLY COW JEN!!

Way to go woman!!! ;)

StaceyT
06-26-2001, 04:13 PM
I've had 64 oz so far, but had to stop for a Diet Coke :)
I'll resume after the glorious soda.
Getting back to work...
Jen, you rock the water world!!

Brenda N
06-26-2001, 04:17 PM
I finally gave up. NO! Not on WW, but on catching up on the posts. I basically skimmed the last 3 weeks and now Iím hoping to be on every day again. I have WI tonight and my scale at home is telling me evil things. I wouldnít be surprised to gain 5 or more pounds. I will stay for the meeting and that should help my motivation.

Iíve only done tanning beds twice Ė once B4 senior prom and last year for the wedding. Otherwise itís the good old sun but I burn *snap* like that! Have to be extremely careful.

I have missed some great conversations and some great losses. Congrats to the losers and to the non-losers/gainers, we have to keep it up!!

Who remembers that leather coat saga for my B-day in Feb??? Well, when DH and I were in Durango we went shopping downtown. I found the most perfect black leather coat on the planet and it was 40% off. :love: Still very expensive but it was what hubby was planning on spending. I really think it will still fit great in 30 pounds b/c Iím not going to lose that much more in my shoulders. They are very broad. Most of my weight is in my stomach. I may have to have hubby take a pic of me in it and maybe I can get it scanned. The buttons look as though they are wood or antler kind of. Itís also not the smooth leather. Itís textured, I canít think of the term Ė brushed??? Anyway, I was able to wear it two days only b/c it was really cool late the week we got back from Durango. Of course 90 degrees and a leather coat donít mix! Iím soooooooooooo excited! :cool:

I was determined to take the dog for a walk last night and it didnít happen. How am I going to get exercise into my routine???

Kirsty: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iím so excited for you!!

Stacey: Keep taking deep breaths! You are doing awesome OP!! It was amazing to me too b/c I wasnít paying much attention to points before the wedding either. I think it has a lot to do with all the running around you do. Keeps those pounds down. Donít feel bad about the cake. I ate almost our entire cake top when we got back from our honeymoon. It kept calling to me from the fridge! :eek: HmmmÖyou think that contributed to that 9 pound gain last year? :(

Lori: Jeez girl, my head is :spin: after reading your post! Keep breathing, it will all be fine!

Jen: After all the awesome reviews on fitday.com I am def going to have to check it out! May be the thing I need.

Lolly: Under 200!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo. Iím doing cartwheels down the hallway ;)

Iím sad to say Iíve been very bad on water lately! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hi to everyone else! So glad to be back :D

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." ~~ George Eliot

Jen-L
06-26-2001, 05:05 PM
BRENDA.... I LOVE THAT QUOTE!! Can I steal it for my sig. line??? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, hubby just ran to daycare to pick up Emma... high fever now. OH NO!

StaceyT
06-26-2001, 05:10 PM
Poor Emma! :( I get mouth ulcers all the time! I feel for her.
Now my arch enemy are skittles! One of my coworkers has some on his desk. ARGH!!
Brenda: welcome back! Yup, 10 days and counting. I can hardly believe it myself. Remember when I was all excited about getting engaged? :dizzy:
Well, must get back to work. I have a mail out deadline.
See everyone tomorrow!

Brenda N
06-26-2001, 05:20 PM
Jen: Yes, you can steal that quote. I find tons all the time and I really enjoy posting different ones!

Stacey: OMG! 10 days. Holy cow.

Kim: I just read your article. I really enjoyed it and I'm very impressed! For some reason I couldn't get the pictures and I really wanted to see what she looked like :( I'll try from home (with a worse internet connection too, hmmmmm)

OK, gotta run.

kimobi
06-26-2001, 06:14 PM
Man, Jen, you blow us all away. Tonya, Stacey, you too! I'm not so good with water. I think I've had about 32 oz. today, though, and I have to pee at the moment but I want to post first! Most of the time I get water from the bubbler, set it on my desk and then forget about it. It's hard to drink and type at the same time. (Excuses, excuses.) I drink Crystal Light iced tea a lot, and do try to drink water at night, too.

Brenda: Thanks for reading! I'm sorry you couldn't see the picture. She actually looks younger than 17. She came in last week to talk to our high school journalism workshop and was a huge hit. The kids wanted their picture taken with her.

KT: Sorry to hear about the job situation. I hope it all works out for you. Try and find a computer! (p/s LIBRARIES!)

Gotta go ... still haven't finished my story for tomorrow. I am the BIGGEST procrastinator in the world.