Old 11-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekend Chats Nov/12 & 13

Good Morning

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

We are going to be filling more holes around the base of the house. We had a big storm the other day, lots of rain, and in plugging holes to keep the mice out, it also kept the usual water path out. So it found other ways to get in. So....more plugging to do today.

A bit of grocery shopping, and a bit of playing in the garden. I think today will be the last nice day to get any stuff done outside. Its been so warm and nice for november....I could get used to this!!

Off for coffee first....have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #2  
TemporaryFatChick

Good morning everyone! So far today I got some laundry done, had breakfast and cleaned the kitchen. I need to tackle the bathroom, vacuum, get some other piddley stuff done, and walk for a few miles to.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I started walking with some friends a few months ago, and we decided to use a walk for charity as our fitness goal. Well - it's tommorrow, and I'm excited. When I started I couldn't make it once around the track w/o having rubber legs and getting winded. Now I'm up to a comfortable few miles a day. It'll be great to make it to my goal AND do something good for the community.

I had several food battles this week but I didn't cheat at all, so no matter what the scale says on Monday, I feel successful. It was a stressful week at work, people out sick and vacationing, lots of added work, zillions of phone calls, crabby coworkers, and our annual meeting with all the company big wigs yesterday. I really had a blow out over the lemon cookies (*eye roll* at myself) but in a weird way it was a good thing. Yesterday there were some yummy looking muffins, fresh pineapple, etc. at our meeting. I really wanted a muffin, but when I looked at it I thought, "if I didn't cheat with the lemon cookies, I'm sure not gonna cheat with those!" I'm proud of myself for staying OP this week, I just hope that I can keep it up. When I think that I have 100 pounds to loose, it can be pretty daunting.

I made myself a nice omelet for breakfast this morning, it really hit the spot. I don't know what's for lunch, maybe some tuna salad? I thawed some hamburger for dinner, and I'm thinking a cheeseburger and some green beans. I'm oddly not food obsessed, not always thinking about what my next meal is going to be - it's kinda weird, even though it's good.

I hope you all have a great day!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Robin good luck with the mice, those little things are smart, they can wiggle their way into just about any place. So can shrews / moles.

Tennessee, congratulations on your strength this week. It was excellent that you said to yourself "if I didn't cheat with the cookies I'm not gonna cheat with the muffins" if you keep thinking like this BOY OH BOY are you gonna succeed. A big part of weight lost is training the brain. BRAVO !!!!!

I'm not doing anything this weekend except church tomorrow and to the rehab place to see my MIL (who had surgery). I must hit the grocery store for some cauliflower, I"m so in the mood for mock mashed taters... maybe even some mock potato salad w/eggs mmmmmmmm !!

Have a good weekend.

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #4  
TemporaryFatChick

Robin - I HATE mice!~ I never had a problem with them till I moved into this house, but now they visit every year. I live next to a 15 acre field, and as soon as there's a frost, they mow (grrrrrrrrr). Of course the little mice come running, looking for a warm place to hang out, and my house is the first they come to. I stuffed the holes with steel wool, which they can't get through, and then used that foam that comes in a can. They still got in I tried everything, mint, sound repellent, have-a-heart traps, etc. I didn't wanna kill them till the day I found my ruined camping equipment *scream*. Now I use d-Con, and it works like a charm. Good luck!!

Leenie, I hope your MIL is feeling better tomorrow. How much longer before she can go home? Mock potato salad? Really? What's the potato part?

Girls, I just made the most awesome broccoli cheese soup for dinner. It was quick and easy and so good I had to double check the recipe to make sure it was something I could actually have. This was the recipe I used:
1 carton chicken broth
2 bags frozen chopped broccoli
3/4 lb American cheese (from the deli), cut into cubes
1 oz cream cheese
salt and pepper, garlic powder
Bring broccoli and broth to boil, simmer 5 minutes, and add American Cheese cubes. Turn the heat to low and stir until cheese melts, add seasoning to taste. That's all there was to it, and it was so satisfying.

Hope y'all are having a fab weekend!

Tenn
Old 11-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

oh, Tenn! I will definitely be making that tomorrow!!

This morning I walked three miles, then I went to Old Navy and dh stayed in the van and watched a movie with the kids while I shopped to my hearts content Here's the booty:
3 pairs of size 16 jeans THAT FIT!!
2 walking tops with the bra built in
2 tank tops
1 pair of yoga pants
3 t-shirts

almost everything I bought was on sale, so I got that big huge bag full of clothes for just a little over $100!!! Then we watched chicken little at the mall and I didn't have a single piece of popcorn (that's always so hard for me)!

But guess what, I went to get a bottle of water and they wanted OVER THREE DOLLARS FOR IT!!! I just dug ice out of dh's root beer and crunched on it. I cannot believe people give more money for water than pop, that's just nuts!

I had bacon for breakfast, some yummy grilled chicken and salad for lunch and for supper I ate the hamburger out of a wendy's burger

it was a great day! Tomorrow we plan on making some gingerbread men and chocolate chip cookies and hopefully I'll get some walking in again before anyone wakes up

boy I'm yacky tonight!

OHHHH I MUST tell you about these yoga pants!!! They are so awesome! On sale this week and I wish I would have went back and got about 4 more pairs! Grab a pair if you get the chance!!

Lacey

Last edited by bnbsmommy1; 11-12-2005 at 11:43 PM.
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 12:25 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Lacey~ sounds like you made quite a haul...and I love the movie in the car idea while your shopping!! Thats just too cool!!!!!

Not alot happening around here today, Ive got a killer head ache, and a sore neck. 5 ibuprofen have not gotten rid of it!! Dh and I will be trying to install window insulation kits on the main floor windows. Should be fun

Have a nice Sunday
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Robin: Hope you are feeling better! I would think 5 ibuprofen would have either knocked out the headache of knocked YOU out!! Hope you fixed the holes and the windows

Tenn: What is it you do (if you've told us I apologize for not catching it). Have you considered getting a cat for the mice? Then again, our dog does the trick also That soup sounds interesting!!

Leenie: Hope your MIL is out of rehab soon. I tried that mock potato salad...but it still tasted like smashed up cauliflower to me Did I do something wrong?

Lacey: Sounds like you had an exciting time shopping! And sounds like a great haul also! Can't imagine MY DH sitting in the vehicle w/the kid while I took my time shopping! Your DH needs a medal for that one!!

Well, I went to clean my glasses yesterday and they BROKE IN HALF. So out came the contacts. My eyes protest when I wear them. They get all itchy and feel "tired" and I just can't describe it. But I'm going to have to wear them until I can order a pair (hopefully Monday) and they come in. I guess I can tolerate the contacts until then. I was told in church today (by a nice lady--she meant no offense) that I looked very pretty and should wear contacts more often. She said I have pretty eyes. Dang, where was the compliment from my DH on Saturday (our anniversary)?? But it made me feel good to hear her say that I do have an old pair of glasses I wear in the evening but they aren't comfortable at all, so I don't wear them all the time. We've got 1/2 our Christmas shopping done, my ground blind is (once again) ready to be hunted in (unless this killer wind knocks yet ANOTHER tree on it), and I'm ready to start kicking some weight off here. I bet any money if I'd not have eaten that fried food and would have eaten LC food I'd have knocked at least 2 pounds off!!! Oh well!! I'm going to get a handle on this weight loss stuff yet. To realise I CAN do a few days of eating normal (special occassions) but that on the other days (weekends) I have to behave. Now to just put that in practice!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #8  
TemporaryFatChick

I don't thing I ever did say what I do I work with Workers' Comp. insurance, and I have a small business making and selling handmade soaps, toiletries and skin care products. I'd love to have a pet, but since I produce products at home, I don't think it's a good idea - can you imagine opening a jar of moisturizer and finding a cat hair in it? ewwwwwww

We did it, and I'm so proud! We did the three mile walk for charity today. It was a lively, carnival-like atmosphere, and so much fun. If you've never done one, I highly recommend it. It was an excellent goal for us when we decided to get in better shape, and it benefited the community to. The only drawback is that a local bar-b-que place fed us after the race. There were pork sandwiches, chili dogs, baked beans, corn on the cob, chips, cookies, and lemonaide. I went through the line, but all I could see that I thought I could eat was the pork, and it had some barbque sauce on it. I ate it and it was good, now I need to figure out how to calculate the carbs. All in all it was a great day.