Support Groups - Looking for a "Bye-Bye Belly" Buddy

SwellN2
11-12-2005, 10:45 AM
:wave: Hi everyone, I just stumbled on this sight yesterday and I thought I'd give it a try. I'm a 23 year old nursing student thats been overweight ALL my life. I also have one of thoes familes that lets you know over and over again that you've gained weight and need to loose a "few" pounds, which doesnt help at all! But this time I need a change for real, I'm engaged and I'm going to get married in March of 2007 so I want to start loosing as soon as possible and do it slowly, the healthy way, instead of going on a crash diet which usually doesnt last. I refuse to be 190 lbs in my wedding photos!! I'm doing this for mostly myself and for my fiance. Since I met him I let my self go and gained 30 lbs, so I want him to marry the girl he met, not whatever it is that I am now!! So if anyone is interested in being my buddy I would :love: love the company!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/192/130/189/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

JEO1982
11-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Good morning Swell! I am 23 as well and just got married in May so I know what you have ahead of you, congratulations! I am not new to this site, but this is my first post in a long time. After my wedding I had a "relapse" in my weight control program... a rather large bute with depression. This week I decided enough was enough... I have always been the fat kid and when I first started here I succeeded in losing 50 pounds and that was the best I have ever felt! Now that I am back to where I started from (weight-wise), I thought I would turn back to the chicks for the support I so desperately need... I love my husband to pieces, but he could never understand my problem as he has never been heavy and he can eat whatever he wants and not exercise yet stay the same weight.

So anywho, what I am trying to say is I would love to be your buddy if you are still looking. I have made the first steps in the right direction by joining a gym and I started their program today. :)

Look forward to hearing from you!

SunnyKells
11-14-2005, 12:55 AM
Welcome! I just wanted to let you know that you will find the support & motivation you need here on this board! and if you ever need an extra push or a kick in the pants, let me know and I'll be here for you! :)

SwellN2
11-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah!! I got a buddy!! :hug:

Hi Jenn, I'm Mellissa. I feel your pain, I lost 35 lbs about a year and a half ago and I was down to 126...I was so happy, but then I went on vacation and when I came back home the routine I established fell apart and all my hard work went down the hole!! I gained back ALL the weight and then another 30 lbs on top of that, so I am at the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I know 190 is bad but its even worse for me because I'm only 5'1"!!! So all the fat is in one short lump! So Jenn thanks for replying and hope to hear back from ya!!

JEO1982
11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Good morning Melissa!

Thought I am about 9" taller than you, I think we have almost the same goal... I want to get down to 160-170 which is about a 50-60# loss. I did an weight analysis and it said I should aim for 172, so I will get there and decide what to do at that point.

I have my first "real" workout at the gym this morning and I am pumped! I have a terrible head cold but I am still excited to go to the gym, which is a first for me when I am sick... The reason I am so excited is I lost a pound! :carrot:

What are you doing to lose? I am going to the gym like I mentioned and counting calories.... Possibly doing the meal planning provided by the gym.

We will do this together! :D

akcowgirl
11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi i am 23 also and was wondering if you guys wanted another buddy. i have gained about ten pounds a year for four years now and i did not start off all that thin to begin with, all in all not a good scene if you know what i mean. i have about 40 pounds to lose, but i am not good at those crash diets. i live in Alaska and when our days start to get shorter all i want to do is to curl up on my couch with a good book. please let me know if you want another buddy :^:

Cindy219
11-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi girls,
Melissa, i am 5 1' also and i totally feel your pain on carrying the wieght badly! Being short is hard! Congrats on your engagement, i just got married in Sept. and am currently trying hard not to gain back all the wieght i lost before the wedding! Let's all do it together!

JEO1982
11-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Good afternoon AKCowgirl and welcome aboard! I can't speak for Melissa, but I would love another buddy! I can't do crash diets either... I joined a gym and am counting calories/generally watching what goes into my mouth.... I totally know what you mean about wanting to do nothing but curl up when the days get shorter... The change in seasons and the dark afternoons this time of year do a number on me too! What are you doing to lose the weight?

akcowgirl
11-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi Guys
I am counting calories and trying to exersise at lest three times a week but i hate to sweat so it is kind of hard for me. what are you guys doing?

SwellN2
11-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey Everybody, The more buddies the better!! Welcome aboard akcowgirl and Cindy219. As far a exercising I didnt join a gym this time, I had before but this time I'm just walking. I wanted a program that I can do no matter where I am. I live in Orlando, FL so the weather right now is great so I go for 45 to an hour long walks around the block. I also have a treadmill which I hate but if the weather is bad and I'm desperate I'll use it. I also have a Yoga DVD which I do twice a week! For my diet I try to consume most of my calories for breakfast and lunch then have a small dinner and try not to eat after 6:30. Nothing to drastic but I'm just making smarter choices and I quit drinking Pepsi which was the hardest part for me. So I hope you guys tell me more about your plans and hopefully we can get tips as well as support from each other!! I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/192/130/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

JEO1982
11-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Morning ladies! As I mentioned I am doing the gym thing 3 times a week and extra cardio on the days I'm not supposed to do the circuit. I'm counting calories and making better choices and eating more times a day. I also am drinking more water (and practically nothing else). I try to have a small, low cal breakfast, a morning snack (fruit or granola bar, etc.), small low cal lunch (zone perfect, yogurt, or something pired with something else), and afternoon snack and a sensible dinner. I am planning to stay under 1500 calories a day.

This morning I could feel worse because of this cold of sinus infection (whichever it is), but I am still excited because I saw 218.5# on the scale.... I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but I'll take it! :carrot:

Hope you ladies are doing well!!

kc2005
11-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi Im looking for a buddy as well. I would really like some advice on how to get started! HELP ANYONE?! I am really ready this time to loose the weight i need too.http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-ost/flower05/lb/0/65/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

JEO1982
11-15-2005, 11:01 AM
good morning kc!

The best advice I can give you is to find an exercise that you enjoy so you can stick with it, drink more water and watch what you eat - I keep a food journal to keep me accountable. Start slowly, implementing one thing and then another (like exercise and then smart food choice etc.) Most importantly, don't give up on yourself! You can do this and we will help you! If you ever feel like giving up, come here and post... the support is phenomenal! :hug:

SwellN2
11-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I am still excited because I saw 218.5# on the scale.... I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but I'll take it! :carrot:

Way to go Jenn!! Isn't it great when you start to see results, its such a good feeling.

akcowgirl
11-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Good Morning Everyone. well i guess it is probably not morning were you guys are at but it is here. I have been trying to make good food choices and drink lots of water. the water thing is easy for mr because i am not into soda or coffee, thank goodness i cut that out befor i tried to diet or i would me a mess. i work four ten hour days and most days i take breakfast and lunck to work with me and that makes things muck easier for me then i and not tempted by McDonalds(fast food is my down fall) i try to have a low cal breakfast and lunch then a good dinner. I work at a desk job and eating when i am bored is very normal for me and i am finding that is the hardest part. i am also trying to exersice about 3 times a week. i have been doing pilates and carmen electras aerobic striptease. i really like that one because it feels more like i am trying to learn something instead of just going through the motions and getting bored very fast. i am currently trying to get the rest of the aerobic striptease set. I also work in a place where i have to go up a long flight of staire to go to the bathroom and i get good exercise doing that also. well i am done rambling how is everyone else doing today. Valerie

JEO1982
11-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Evening ladies!

Had a pretty good day today even though my only exercise was walking the mall with a three year old on a mission to pet the puppies - LOL!

Valerie - It sounds like you have a good plan, are you starting to see results? It won't be long if you aren't! Keep it up! :)

SwellN2
11-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey Girls, How is everybody today? :D I woke up in a very good mood today. I think I got over the exercising hump, you know the first 2 weeks when you wake up on your hurting because you haven't worked out in months. Now I'm feeling the better effects, I'm up and out of bed like a
pop tart now and I dont feel tired all day.

Hey Valerie hows carmen electras aerobic striptease? I wanted to try it but I have so many workout DVDs and tapes I didnt want to buy another one. I heard that it was fun and you forget that your exercising so I might give it a try and "surprise" the boyfried!! ;)
Jenn, I'm sure going to the mall with a 3-year old burns way more calories than any other exercise out there!!!

:goodscale So far I've lost about 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm not really sure sometimes the scale says 6 lbs sometimes its says 3 lbs, but as long as its going down I'm happy! The hardest part so far is staying away from fast food. I have a study group for one of my classes that meets once a week and they always want to meet at McDonalds or Pizza Hut but for 2 weeks now I've been strong and havent given in... yet!!!

I hope everyone is doing well, keep us posted!

JEO1982
11-16-2005, 10:03 AM
:carrot: 'Weigh' to go Melissa! Anyway you look at it, it's a great start! We are proud of you! :hug:

Today I go to the gym before going to pick up Emma (the little goofball I watch for a living).... Right now I am thinking it would be great if she took a nice long nap this afternoon, but maybe I'll change my mind after I workout. :^:

Have a great day y'all!

akcowgirl
11-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Good morning Everyone
looks like everyone is having a good day so far. i love my striptease dvd, i want to get the rest of them. i have to be on the road today so i am hoping that i can be good and not eat fast food :o well need to get going i am already running late. nothing new for me. i well post back later and let you know how my day went. have a great healthy day everyone. :dizzy:

JEO1982
11-16-2005, 07:56 PM
I had a great work out this morning and I got my meal plan from my gym... Look as though I am going to keep doing it on my own because this is terrible... There not one meal or snack on it that I would eat each of the things listed in, there are some that I wouldn't eat any... Oh well... doing calories on my own is working for me anyhow.

It was a nice quiet day with Emma, no fits or tantrums, so now I am just hoping for a quiet evening as well ;)

Hope y'all are doing well!

akcowgirl
11-17-2005, 03:13 AM
Hi everyone.
I had a very good day, I did very well today I shopped(that counts right) and had a very good lunch, a big salad and a tiny bit of soup, it was not very good so i did not eat it. well it sound like everyone has had a good day, and i hope that everyone has a good night. :hug:

JEO1982
11-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Ladies, I am so pumped! I saw 217.5# today! SO I guess the other day wasn't a fluke! :carrot:

I hope everyone's day started on such a good note! :hug:

akcowgirl
11-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Way to go You guys you are doing so well, i wish my scale would take a clue from your guyses. mine is not moving much but i am hoping that with a little longer on this diet it will really get to moving (down i hope). i have had a pretty good day so far, work has been hectic but i have not veried off and eaten any junk, and i am hoping to go home and do one of my pilates dvd's. well i will get back with you guys later and let you know how the rest of the day went. Again you guys are doing so well congrats

akcowgirl
11-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Hi everyone
Well i did not do so well on th exercise thing today. i did well not eating to many calories, but i was wiped when i got home so not exercise. how did everyone elses day go?

SwellN2
11-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey Girls, I'm glad to hear that everyone is sticking to it!! I've been good too but I didn't exercise yesterday I just had bad cramps. When I came home I just wanted to curl up and not move. :( I hardly even ate anythig so I guess that balances out with the not exercising. But I'm back on track today, I had a nice long walk, it was a bit chilly (I'm sure not as chilly as Alaska) but compared to Florida's normal temperature it was cilly to me!
So keep it up you guys and I hope you have a good day!

JEO1982
11-18-2005, 09:51 AM
LOL... Looks like none of us exercised yesterday...Maybe it was something in the air, but I wanted to sleep all day myself.

Today I am going to the gym no ifs/ands/buts about it! Just think once we get through today, we've made it through a whole week together!

Here's hoping y'all have a happ healthy Friday and are energize to workout!

akcowgirl
11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Good Morning Everyone
i guess i don't feel so bad about not doing anythig yesterday. i am hoping that today is better, maybe i will have the drive to exercise when i get home this time. i think that my scale is on strick it has not moved and i have been good everyday and am drinking lots of water, i don't get it. anyway how is everyone elses day going? i will check back later. have a great day everyone

JEO1982
11-18-2005, 07:57 PM
I went to the gym this morning, eat lightly and took a 3 year old to ChuckECheese's for the afternoon.... Definitely better than yesterday! Now I am going ready top go out to dinner and a movie... Harry Potter opened today and my husband *HAS* to see it today, you'd think he was 12 - LMAO! I don't mind though, I get to go out for dinner because of it!

Hope you all had a great day!

gigiapril
11-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey Guys! I was looking at Jenn's posts and stumbled on this...but anyhoo I was reading some of the posts and Swell I am in the same boat as you! Except i'm not engaged or anything. I also used to be in the 120 lb range up until about October last year. I got up to 145 lbs last Christmas...and gained some more this year and I am currently at 170 lbs. I am also around your weight range. So I figured if we could let each other know how we're doing...it would help motivate us!!! I started my diet today and started walk exercising. I figured I could work myself up to a good run in a month or so since I am really out of shape. Hope all things go well for you!

akcowgirl
11-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Good night everyone
i hope that everyone had a good healthy day, welcome april, i can't speak fro everyone but the more the merrier. i hope everyone has a good night and a very healthy weekend. i will check in tommorow. :hug:

JEO1982
11-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Welcome to this group as well April! I as have mentioned in my other posts I have a busy day to get to, but I will try to post this evening! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

SwellN2
11-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey April, I like that name 'cos my birthday is in April!! Anyways welcome aboard, we love to have more buddies because more buddies = more support. It's only been a week since we all got togeter so we're still at our beginning stages! None of us are really on any of the Fad diets, we all just are trying to exercise regularly and make better, healthier food choices. More of a lifestyle change not a lose weight quick type program. We all did that before and as soon as you stop you gain all the weight back :mad:. So I hope you will be able to find the help and support you need here with us and let us know a little more about yourself!

And to Jenn & Valerie that was weird that we all didnt exercise on the same day! We have more in common than we thought. I think I'm getting sick, my throat and my head is hurting but I still went for my walk today it was only 35 minutes but I had to, I cant lose momentum!!! Well I hope you all have a good weekend!! Talk to ya later!

akcowgirl
11-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Good Morning Everyone
good to here that we have a new buddy in our weight loss goal. i am just getting ready to do my striptease DVD. i am hoping it will make my back feel better, it is really stiff and sore this morning. mellissa i hope that you are not getting sick, i hate being sick, are you taking your vitamines? maybe you should take it easy today and see if you can kick it before it gets really bad. well i am going to go and do my dvd, i will check back later. have a great day everyone.

JEO1982
11-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Good evening ladies!

Mellissa- Maybe even more than that in common... I have a cold or something I've been dealing with since the get-go of our group... Maybe I passed it on through cyber space! JK... I hope you feel better! Drink los of water, rest when you can, push the vitamin C and don't stop your exercising, as it will help you fight it! :hug:

Valerie- I hope your workout helped your back! I hate being stiff, you feel like a robot

As for me, I was bad this weekend, I got exercise only in walking around stores and malls with hubby, and my food was pretty bad - We had hawaiian pizza for dinner last night :o I am trying to push the water today and control myself better... I need to make up for poor choices this weekend!

Iowachic
11-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Wondering if I can join your group. I am pretty much in the same boat as Jenn. I was recently married in June and I did really well losing weight for the wedding. Then I put about 20 lbs back on after the wedding. I am at 170 right now and looking to lose 30 - 45 lbs.

I have started exercising some and I am keeping a food journal and I have switched to diet pop only. I walk my dog 2 miles every night. Haven't noticed much difference yet, but I feel better. The dog isn't as ornery either. I have also tried to limit the TV I watch since you are usually sitting on your butt when you watch. I am kind of scared about Thanksgiving though. It is one of my favorite holidays and I have a terrible sweet tooth. Plus my husband and I are going out of town. :?:

Anyway, I am hoping to get some more support to help me through this process. The weight goes on a lot easier than it comes off!

Hope you all have a good day. I will check in tomorrow.

shananigans
11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Hello everyone! Iím quite new here and looking for some buddies. Looks like I have something in common with a few of you and Iíd love to become a member of your group! Iím 25 and this is my first time really trying to lose weight since high school (scary thought!). I joined the YMCA last June, but didnít really make too much use of my membership until late Sept. I had a great October at the gym, but have only been to the gym 4 times so far this month, so I obviously need to work on my consistency. Tried calorie counting on fitday.com for about two weeks and decided it was too much trouble, but I did learn approximately what I should eat to hit 1500-1600 cals/day and that far too many of my calories were coming from wine and beer on the weekends (wine has calories, who knew?). I am interested in improving my health and quality of life of course, but really my sisterís wedding next October was the kick in the pants that got this all started. I sure as heck donít want to be the only fat one in the bridesmaid party! (I know, Iím so vain, but whatever works right?)

JEO1982
11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
:welcome3: to the newbies!

I have a migraine so I am going to keep this quick... I did much better today than this weekend. I started out by going to the gym and I did well with my eatting.

I second the feeling of being scared of Thanksgiving... I am going to my mom's and most of my huge family will be there... An over anudance of food, and pies and eggnog (and some with brandy in it), not to mention everyone there say eat eat or you have to try this.... :dizzy: We can be strong!

I hope everyone had a great day!

Iowachic
11-21-2005, 11:52 PM
I didn't do so well with my eating tonight. :( My husband and I went out to watch some Football at a sports bar. We did split the meal but it still wasn't great for me. I'll have to work harder tomorrow. Need to start getting into the gym. We have a membership but haven't been very good at getting there lately. That's it for now. I'll try to check in again tomorrow.

Rachel

JEO1982
11-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Rachel that sounds like my weekend... Don't worry about it though, it is in the past now and can't be changed, just go from here and aim for better eatting tomorrow! I promised myself today would be better than the weekend and it was (minus the migraine - thank God for Aleve and my husband)

I know you can do this! :hugs:

SwellN2
11-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Great, we got some new buddies since the last time I wrote! My computer was acting up so I couldnt get online since Sunday but I think its ok now. Well I think the worst part of my cold is over I felt so crappy on Sun & Mon which of course leads to no exercising but the good thing is when I'm sick I hate eating so I think I actually lost a pound! I need to be sick for about 5 months & that will be a good diet plan for me!!

Well girls Turkey Day is coming up but we all worked to hard to go backwards now. Eat and enjoy youselves but remember all the hours you spent exercising...is the extra stuffing really worth it? I dont have a problem with the dinner until the desserts come out then I'm weak! But Thanksgiving only comes once a year and I'm not gonna deprive myself. My plan is to take baby servings to at least I'll get a taste of everything! A spoon of pumpkin spice cake, a spoon of sweet potato pie and a small spoon of ice cream, so instead of having 3 servings the 3 little pieces will be equal to one serving! And I will eat very very slowly because I know I wont be having treats again until Christmas!

It seems we all had a tough weekend, they are ALWAYS the hardest, especially if you have a boyfriend or some of you have husbands who love to go out to eat. Mine especially, he's a junk food addict but never gains a pound I just have to look at the food and my thighs get bigger, its sooooo unfair!
Anyways hang in there girls I am confident that we can do this!!

shananigans
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I had a major pizza and red wine binge on Sunday night. The weekends always throw me off. Yesterday was much better and Iím heading straight for the gym after work today. My boyfriend doesnít like to eat healthy stuff much either, and it does make it hard. We have such different taste in food to begin with that I donít even know how we ever manage to eat togetherÖlol!

Iím going home for Thanksgiving this year. I guarantee my grandmother will still offer me meat and I will still refuse, and then she will try to put gravy on my mashed potatoes because ďthereís no meat in gravyĒ. (in her mind itís still a phase, an 11 year long phase at this point). I always eat like garbage at my family gatherings, because usually all there is for me to eat is white bread, mashed potatoes, some sort of microwaved frozen vegetable, nuts, and deserts. Maybe Iíll buy my own little meatless roast this year so I can eat some protein and not have to fill up on starch. Also thereís a great YMCA in my hometown and I can use my membership there, hopefully I can get my sisters to head to the gym with me over the weekend.

akcowgirl
11-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone
sorry o have not posted laterly, i think that i caught your cyber cold and flu, i have been sick sents sunday. i see we have some new friends, good to hear we have some new friends in our weight loss adventure. i have been pretty good the last few days. i have not been faithfull to my fitday but i have kinda learned what i can eat. it sounds like everyone else is doing good and the weight loss is going well all the way around. i think that my scale is defective. It says that i have not loss a pound, i swear i am not cheating, i may not be exercising enough. i think that that is probably it. You guys are lucky, you only have to go to one place for thanksgiving, i have three different places that i have to go, i go to my moms for breakfast, to my dad's for dinner(this dinner is at one so really lunch) and then to my best friend for real dinner. i have just given up to the fact that that day i will be eating way more that my 1200 calories. i will be right back on track on friday though. well i will check back later. have a great day everyone.

Iowachic
11-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Sounds like everyone is a little scared about Thanksgiving. I am traveling to the in-laws in Michigan. I think I gain weight everytime I go up there. Everywhere you go people offer you food and alcohol. If you turn down alcohol they think you're pregnant. It will be a really tough week. I'll just have to keep it in moderation and get right back on track when we get home. Hope everyone has a good holiday. I will be gone till late Sunday. So, won't be posting at all until Monday probably.

:happ3:

akcowgirl
11-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone, i hope that everyone had a good holiday. I did but i so went over by 1200 cals. we are now having a really bad winter storm. well i need to go shovel just wanted to check in. happy thanksgiving.

SwellN2
11-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Ladies, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I think I'm still celebrating 2 days later, I still have family in town and all they do is cook and eat all day! I'm happy (and sad) that they are leaving tomorrow or else I think I might blow up!

Valerie at least you'll work off the Thanksgiving meal by shoveling snow, we never get snow in Florida just warm, sunny weather :D! Did any one go shopping on Friday? I didnt, I dont like to be pushed and shoved by all thoes people. I saw on the news some people got in a fight at Wal Mark over a laptop. But I hope all is well with everyone and lets all get back on track!!

Iowachic
11-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Just got back from Michigan. I did pretty well over the holiday. I checked my weight daily so I wouldn't overdo it and kept the deserts to a minimum. Tried really hard not to eat when I wasn't hungry. Had a good time but am glad to be home. I really missed shopping. I usually go the day after with my aunt & G-ma but I wasn't home in Iowa this year :( .

I'll check in sometime tomorrow.

Rachel

SwellN2
11-28-2005, 08:58 AM
ITS MONDAY :(

The long weekend is over and back to work we go! How did everyone do over the holiday? Well I did BAD, I didnt eat that much but I havent exercised since Wednesday, and I gained back 1 1/2 lbs. But I'm not gonna let that discourage me, that just means I have to work extra hard this week to take it back off :tread:

I hope all of you are doing well and if you fell off the wagon like I did just shake it off and keep on going! And if you need some extra motivation that what we're here for!

I think we should all set mini goals for Christmas, so when we reach our goal we'll get another boost of confidence, but it needs to be realistic. Christmas is in about 4 weeks so I think I could lose 8-10 lbs by Christmas! :snowball1 Is anyone else up for a little challenge? Well ladies I hope you all have a good and healthy day!

Iowachic
11-28-2005, 01:47 PM
I would definitely be up for a mini goal. :D I think I could lose 8 - 10 lbs by Christmas. I have a ton of dresses that I would love to be able to wear again.
:gift2:

I intended to get up at 5 this morning and go to the gym, but 5 came so early. :coffee: We didn't even get home from our trip until after 9 last night. I'll try again tomorrow morning. I just need to suck it up and go.

Rachel

SwellN2
11-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I have a ton of dresses that I would love to be able to wear again.

Tell me about it, I used to be an Asst Manager at a clothing store so we got 40% off everything, of course I bought evrything. They should of just paid me in clothes because my paycheck went right back into the store. Now I have so much clothes that doesnt fit anymore but I refuse to give them away because I know that I'll fit into them someday! I sure hope that someday comes soon!

So how is everyone else doing? I was really good yesterday, I walked for 50 minutes and I ate good stuff, a lot of veggies. I hope I can do the same today! I hope all of you are doing well too. I'm cheering for you!

:cheer: Go Girls!
:cheer: We can do this!
:cheer: Lets get in shape!

Iowachic
11-29-2005, 10:07 AM
I still didn't get up and go to the gym this morning. :( Somehow I managed to turn both of my alarms off and I was 10 minutes late for work. :mad: Hopefully things turn around for me today. I'm going to try to get to the gym after school. Maybe I can get my husband to go with me tonight. I still have to walk the dog so at least I'll get some exercise.

Rachel

shananigans
11-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Hello Ladies!

I certainly didnít eat very well over the weekend, but I tried to compensate by not eating too much. Looking at our eating habits now I donít even know how itís possible that I was raised by these people. My dad tried to offer me pumpkin pie for breakfast before I left for the airport yesterday morning (no, Iím not kidding, and yes, I said no). My momís fridge is full of cheese, meat (mostly the unhealthy kind like hot dogs, ew!) sugary yogurt, soda, and the only bread in that house is white bread. And of course I had to save my potatoes before grandma put gravy all over them. I did eat a ton of my auntís famous taco dip at the Thanksgiving gathering, but ate just a small portion of mashed potatoes and Morningstar Farms ďchickenĒ marinara that I picked up for myself for dinner. I was surrounded by cookies, pie, and leftover Halloween candy all weekend, but I tried to keep my intake to a minimum.

I went to the YMCA (the one in my home town is the best!) on Saturday: 45 min on the elliptical and 45 min circuit weight training, Sunday: 15 min on elliptical and Bodyflow class (go check out the site for a description of this class http://www.lesmillsusa.com/site/programs/bodyflow-group-fitness-program.aspx ) this was an amazing experience. The class was so challenging and made me feel so good! None of my local YMCA locations offer this, but Iím going to write them and put in a request. Ihear great things about the Bodypump classes too from my sister. Monday: I did a class called ďDeep Water Boot CampĒ, but it really wasnít as challenging as I hoped, so I stayed after and did a Ĺ hour of laps.

Also, after my Monday workout I stepped on the scale for the first time in over a month, and found that Iíve lost 10 lbs total in the past two months! It was very exciting for me.

I ate horribly yesterday (airport food, ick!) and ate Thai delivery last night, but Iím back in the saddle today.

Iíll set myself a goal of another 5 lbs by Christmas.

akcowgirl
11-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Hi Ladies
I fell off the wagon:( big time. Not on thanksgiving but over the weekend and monday and tuesday. i have just been eating junk. My main problem is that i have had a cold and when i am sick all i want is chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, and i might add not good for you homemade kind of soup, but the lipton kind that comes in a box. :o

I think that it is a great idea to have mini goals. I want to lose 4 pounds befor christmas and i would be happy. That does not sound like very much but given that my "scale" is on strike I don't want to set a goal that is not realistic. :dizzy:
well ladies it looks like it is time for all of us to get with the program if we want to make our goals. Have a great day everyone. :hug:

Iowachic
11-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I did much better today with my diet and exercise. I just got in from walking the dog 2 miles and boy is it cold. :snow4: We're supposed to get about 4 inches of snow tonight. Still haven't drug my butt out of bed for a morning workout yet. My bed is so toasty and warm in the morning and I am NOT a morning person anyway. :coffee: I'll try again tomorrow.

Rachel

SwellN2
12-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to check in with you guys before I go workout. I convinced my friend to do this diet with me so now I have you great buddies and a work out buddy. She has a gym at her apartment so I'm going to meet her over there. There is also a pool but its a little cold today so I dont think I'll be swimming eventhough I LOVE to swim. If I had a pool at my house I lose all the weight just form swimming all day, but I dont:( .
I usually workout first thing in the morning but now I have to wait for her so I dont know how thats gonna work out for me. I like working out in the morning it makes me feel better all day long. I was home today so I tried to keep busy so I wont go into the kitchen. I got a lot done, I put up all the Christmas decorations and I assembled the tree, I have to wait for the rest of the family to decorate it, I even scratched a few people off my shopping list.

Originally posted by shananigans
I certainly didnít eat very well over the weekend, but I tried to compensate by not eating too much. Looking at our eating habits now I donít even know how itís possible that I was raised by these people.

I know what you mean, I'm Indian and my family eats rice with every meal!!
They wake up and eat a meal the size of a normal persons dinner and then eat dinner the size of dinner. After we eat they always have to give you something sweet, and Indian sweets are so rich and not very low in calories.
I've been used to eating like that for so long It was hard to change my eating habits, the exercise wasn't so bad but giving up all that yummy food was soooo hard.

Well girls time for me to go sweat! I hope you all have a good day. Keep up the good work!

shananigans
12-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Hello Ladies!

Hope you are all having a good ďreboundĒ week coming out of Thanksgiving. I wish I could be one of those people who gets up before dawn to work out, but that has just never been my thing. No matter how much I tell myself the night before that I will get up when the alarm goes off, something happens in the morning that makes that somehow physically impossible. I think I have too many bad memories of hitting the freezing cold pool at 5am for swim practice in high school. :dunno:

Iíve been eating OK since I got back, maybe a couple small pieces of chocolate that werenít necessary, but nothing too bad.

Iím back to the gym right after work today. Just the usual elliptical and weight circuit routine tonight. Do any of you ladies lift? This is the first time Iíve done it of my own accord and am wondering how much lifting is enough? I tried doing 3 weight sessions a week, but that just felt like too much and was very time consuming so now Iím aiming for 2. Just curious what kind of weight routine you might all be doing.

Iowachic
12-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I usually lift with my husband. We haven't been very good about getting to the gym lately. We used to lift every morning. We lifted a different muscle group each day. Monday we did chest, Tuesday we did biceps, Wednesday we did legs, Thursday we did Lats, Fridays we did triceps. We usually added in some sit-ups or crunches and a lot of cardio. I was doing great when we were going to the gym every day. Then we both kind of slacked off after the wedding. We both completely lost our motivation to get to the gym. I've been in a few times mostly I did cardio.

The only thing you have to remember about lifting is that muscle weighs more than fat. So as you gain muscle and lose fat you will eventually plateau and the scale may stop going down. You will probably look and feel better but the weight won't change.

I try to focus more on how my clothes fit than the numbers on the scale. Although, it is really nice to see those numbers change and get smaller.

SwellN2
12-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Ladies,

I hope you all had a good weekend. My whole weekend was devoted to Christmas shopping and decorating. Shopping was a challenge, the stores are filled with so many goodies :nono: but I just kept focused and moved on. I didnít do so good with the exercising this weekend but I did help do a lot of yard work, and cleaned the carpet, and some painting, so I did keep active. Eating was good except for last night, I went out for Chinese and went over my calorie budget. But hey, it happens, going out once in a while is ok.

:strong:I havenít started much of a weight training yet, I usually wait until I lose about Ĺ the weight I plan on losing then I get into the weights to tone up. Right now I just use some ankle weights when I walk and some small 3 lb hand weights. I find that when I start lifting right away I look bulky, my muscles get bigger but the fat is still there and I look weird. But thatís just me, some people do weight training and start to look lean right away. I like the weights though, there is one machine I donít know what it called but you open your legs like a scissor and then you have to squeeze them together, you can feel your inner thigh shrinking while you do it. It hurts but it definitely works. Thereís no better feeling than when you get up to walk and your thighs arenít rubbing together! :carrot:
Anyways girls I hope you are all doing well and Iíll check in with you guys later!!!

Iowachic
12-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I did pretty well this weekend. I didn't go overboard on anything and I did walk the dog this weekend. I spent Saturday evening scrapbooking with a friend. We did a little drinking which added some extra calories but you have to do that once in a while. :goodvibes

Still need to get into the gym. I'll try to go sometime tonight. I have to do some Christmas shopping after school today. Maybe I'll power walk the mall. Then I still have to walk the dog and it is COLD here.:snowball:

Rachel

akcowgirl
12-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi Everyone
Hope you all had a good weekend, it was not great weather wise here, it snowed and was blowing really hard, it would be the only time that i actually wanted to get out and do somthing. i really wanted to go look for my christmas tree this weekend. that is great excersize it is like walking in the water only much harder and colder. i think that you must burn more calories when it is cold you have to work harder to keep warm. well that is just my thinking on that. anyway it did not work out because it was way to cold here, when it is 5 degrees i want to do nothing. i am still trying to buy the rest of my strip tease videos, i love those videos. i think is is because i don't really feel like i am working out. i hate to exersize A LOT. well ladies i have to go. i will check back later and let you know how the day is going. Have a great day. :dizzy:

Iowachic
12-06-2005, 05:29 PM
We had the nasty cold and blowing snow here too. I was supposed to go Christmas shopping with a friend but we only made it about 10 miles from her house and we decided to turn around and go home. We spent the afternoon scrapbooking and drinking. It is about -6 here today with the wind chill. If walking in the cold burns more calories I should burn a ton walking the dog tonight. Well, I have to get going. Have some Christmas shopping to do. Walking in the mall is good exercise too! Hope everyone is having good luck with the diets. Try to avoid all the dreadfully delicious holiday treats.

Rachel

SwellN2
12-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Woah, 5 degrees and -6 degrees, just hearing about that makes me want to jump back into bed and hide under the covers! It got down to 68 degrees this morning and I was freezing! I can't live where its too cold then I would never leave the house. I went to visit my grandmother a few years ago for Christmas, she lives in Canada and I wanted to come back home so bad! I only went outside twice, one time from the airport and one time to go back to the airport! Now I only visit in the summer!

Anyways girls, I bought the Carmen Electra video, I bought the first one just to see how it was, now I wish I just bought the whole set. I think its so much fun. I told my boyfriend I bought it and he just had a huge grin :D on his face! But I'm not perfoming for anyone until I lose another 30 lbs or more! Well ladies I have to run for now, hope you all try to stay focused, I know how hard that can be but we can do this!!! Have a great day!

akcowgirl
12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Good Morning Ladies
How many calories do you burn stressing out. i am totally stressed out today and i don't know why. i think i am just tired, i am helping my best friend pack up her house to move to indiana, and i don't know what i am going to do with out her. she is my only close friend. Well prime example of how much alaska weather can change, today it is 40 degrees, raining and blowing about 45 miles an hour. so SwellN2 you got the carmin electra dvd, i love mine so much i want the whole set to. i let DH watch the ending credits when she is in the darkend room and he said he could not wait to see me do that. i feel the same way you do through, not letting anyone watch me untill i lose a lot. well ladies i need to go and update my fitday. hope everyone has a great day and keep your chins up it happen even if it can be slow some times. :hug:

shananigans
12-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I came down with a nasty head cold and havenít been to the gym since Thursday. Just been drinking lots of tea and trying to get healthy so I can get back into my regular schedule. I hate traveling to cold climates! I always come back with some bug. My head is still a bit groggy and congested, but Iím feeling loads better than I did two days ago. Iím feeling a bit sore today, but maybe thatís because I stopped taking the cold medicine and am just noticing the achy muscles. Hopefully Iíll be back at the gym by Friday.

Last night was the holiday party for my work place. It was nice, but all the food was a bit salty and starchy. Since Iíve started watching what I eat Iíve become so much pickier! At last it kept me from over indulging.

Stay warm and healthy, and keep on track! Hope you ladies all are having a good day.

akcowgirl
12-14-2005, 07:42 PM
were is everyone, are we putting things on hold till after christmas? please let us know???

Iowachic
12-14-2005, 08:28 PM
I've got finals next week and a ton of papers and projects to grade this week. We'll be at my parents for X-mas this weekend and then up to my husband's parents next weekend and gone for a week. This is kind of a hectic time of year for me. I'm still trying to watch what I eat and walking the dog. Haven't done much else to add exercise. I'll try harder after the holidays when things calm down a bit. Hope everyone is having a good holiday season. Merry Christmas everyone!:candy:

Rachel

KristyLou
12-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Hello Everyone!
I would like to join your group, sounds like you all give great advice and support to each other and I think that is just what I need. I am a 29 year old mom of a 2 year old and I have tried to lose weight my whole life it seems. Right now I am back on ww and I am down 11 pounds but feel the frustration of it not coming up quicker. Besides that I live with a Diet **** who tries to temp me it seems at every turn. I know I can do this, but also know that I need support. Hope you don't mind me butting in!

SwellN2
12-15-2005, 09:00 PM
:welcome: hey welcome Kristy, well we used to give each other a lot of advice. We have all stopped writing for a little while but hopefully after the holidays we can get back on track. I have finals this week also and just tring to get everything together for christmas. I havent been working out much:( I still try to cut back on my calories so right now Im just at a stand still. This time of year is really hectic for everyone but I know well find more time for support after christmas!
I hope we will be able to help and support you Kristy, everyone here is really nice and we're all just struggling together.

To everyone else I hope you still are keeping at it, I think this is the WORST time of year to think about dieting but right now I'm just hoping I dont gain any back!!!!

:tree:HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! :xcheer:

KristyLou
12-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Swell:
Thanks for the Welcome. I know how crazy this time of year is. I just said to my mom yesterday that I never realized how stressful Christmas was in tell I had my son. With the running around it is hard to find the time to work out or to eat a good healthy meal. I just keep telling myself that ďThin feels better than anything tastesĒ. That little saying keeps me going most of the time; I do have to confess I did have a dingdong last night though. Oh well baby steps and get right back on with the program. I had stopped going to WW right before Thanksgiving and will go back for the first time since this weekend. I am so not looking forward to what the scale may say! DUM DA DUM DUM! Oh well we can just hope for the best and if it is not then use it as motivation for the next week. Hope to lose another 5 by Christmas! Thanks again for the hello. I hope I can be of some help to you too!

Iowachic
12-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Welcome Kristy! It's always nice to have another perspective. Good luck with your weigh in. I too have been having a hard time getting to the gym. There are so many errands to run when I get done with work. I should start getting up early and going. But I'm not a morning person. I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and make time. Thanks for joining us. Hopefully we can all get back on the wagon after the holidays.

Rachel

KristyLou
12-16-2005, 03:31 PM
I agree Iowa it's a bad time of year to be on a diet! I say this after I just had about 3 hand fulls of cheese popcorn here at work! AHHHHH it makes it even harder when your the only one dieting and people keep bringing in holiday goodies! But on a good note today is casual day at my work and when deciding what to wair I cam accross an old pair of jeans that have not fit since prior to my son being born. I slipped them on and hey THEY FIT!:carrot: I was so happy! Thats the kind of stuff that just makes you keep going!

Have a great day!

KristyLou
12-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey Everyone........Well I took the step and went back to WW for a weigh in after not being there for several weeks (since thanksgiving). I did not lose but I did not gain so I guess I should be happy. I am hopping to lose 5 lbs by Christmas. Hey, I know it is a challange but I am going to give it a shot. Well now that I am back on the wagon I have to do the best I can not to fall of again. It is so hard because I am a person that eats just because, not really becasue I am hungry. This time of year is the worst. Anyone have any suggestions on how not to over indulge while at a holiday party! Well I hope all of you had a great week to. I have to tell myself one day at a time baby steps will get me to my goal. I know I can make it. I would like to be at my goal by September of 2006! Have a great week chicks!

akcowgirl
12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi Ladies
sorry i have been incomunicado, i love this time a year but i hate it to. I am trying to get my life back on track, we had a great christmas but it was hectic(sp) and to top it off we were trying to get my best friends house all packed up to move. lots of late night with pizza and soda:o it was bad and i have been afraid to get on the scale sents then. But i did just order two new vidios from yoga booty ballet. they look like they could be fun. I hope that eveyone had a great christmas and did not fall to far off the wagon. have a great day everyone.

akcowgirl
12-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh were Oh were have my buddies all gone???
is anyone still around? please let us know!!!
I have started a new and promising(sp) diet i want to share it with someone.

Iowachic
01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
How is everyone doing? I have had a really hard time getting back on the wagon since Christmas. I did pretty well for a couple of weeks and then my husband and I got the flu.:( I also gained about 5 pounds over Christmas. I think I am pretty much back where I started.:doh: I intend to get my lazy butt out of bed this week and get to the gym early. I really am not happy about the way I look and feel right now.:mad: Well, I hope everyone else is doing better than I am. I joined a challenge earlier this month to lose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day. I only have about two weeks left now and I still have about 5 lbs to lose. :yikes:

Rachel

akcowgirl
01-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi i am still around, i don't know about anyone else. i have gotten a membership to the gym and have been trying to go 4 to 5 times a week. I have been sick for the last week and have not gone, but i am going to get back on it this week. good luck at the gym.

Iowachic
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey,

I've done pretty well getting to the gym this week. I forgot my shoes today to go to the gym. But I might go this evening after I eat dinner.

akcowgirl
02-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi Everyone
Not much happening here, i have been trying to get to the gym and been doing pretty good so far, but i need to do more arobic workouts and less weight training i think. How is everyone else doing?

Iowachic
02-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Seems like we're the only ones left ak. I need to do the opposite. I think I need to do more weight training. Pretty much all I've been doing is cardio.

akcowgirl
02-02-2006, 06:26 PM
I think we are all alone. I am bad i don't like to sweat so i don't do enough cardio. I am sad :cry: i want to go work out tonight bu i forgot my workout bag this morning and all i have i my swim suit. I may still go swimming or i may go home and get a snack and my workout cloths and just go. I am not sure yet. What is your fav. kind of cardio?

Iowachic
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
I usually do most of my cardio on an elliptical machine. I should start running on the treadmill more cause it burns more calories. But I really don't like to. My husband and I are thinking about buying an elliptical to have at home. Then there will be absolutely no excuse for not getting at least the cardio part done.

akcowgirl
02-02-2006, 09:36 PM
For the cardio that i do do i like the elliptical machine too. I try to do at least 20 min on the cross country trainer every time i go in. I also like to swim but the gym that i go to does not have a very big pool so if there is more that one or two other people in there i don't like to go. I am also trying a new diet i think. It is called the cortisol connection diet and it sound like something that i could do. I have go to do something to get some of this weight off.