100 lb. Club - An update

View Full Version : An update

11-11-2005, 03:50 PM
I just clipped this from my blog but here's the latest.
Jeff just called and said he was offered the service manager job at another wally world that is 1.5 hours from us. It is where his old assistant manager is now at and he's been wanting him there forever. Jeff has been talking about asking if his grandma wants to buy back our land/house and then just buy somewhere new.

This just scares the sh!t out of me because with all that has been going on this is probably the best solution for us all around but we would basically be uprooting our entire lives and starting over. It's that fear of the unknown. When Jeff gets off work, we will sit down and talk at length about what we want to truly do and if this is the best decision for our family.

I can tell you that part of the reason why I wouldn't want to move is for two main reasons: The county has already went out for bids once for the new housing but they weren't acceptable. They are going out again and once that happens we should get a new home. The other main reason for staying here would be my guilt. My parents bought the house/land about 10 miles from us. Now granted they've always wanted to live out in the country but I can't help but think they bought where they did to be closer to their grandkids. Where the new job is at is about an hour from their in-town house and just over an hour from the country house.

A lot of soul searching, list-making, and such will be going on this weekend. Hopefully we'll have an answer by Monday.

11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Bottom line, girlfriend: You and Jeff together have to do what is best for your family. Your parents will be fine. And heck, it's only 1 1/2 hrs away, not the other side of the world!

I know the two of you will be able to make the right choices. Best of luck, and keep us informed!

11-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Like Jen said ~ you have to do what is best for your family. One hour away is nothing. Where I am now is the closest I have lived to my parents, sister and brother in years (a 10 hour drive). First it was in Maine (2 day drive), then Kansas City, Missouri (another 2 day drive). So my parents only got to see the kids once a year. I am a 2+ day drive from Houston where Corbin, Sara and Jason are. What I would give to be only an hour away.

11-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Well said, Jen. Dawnyal, I'd love to be only a couple of hours away from my grandkids. I'm sure your parents will want what's best for you and your family. It's definitely scary to move and face the unknown, but it can be kind of freeing, too.

11-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Lots of change going on, which can be nerve wracking. Good luck with everything. I agree that an hours drive doesn't sound terrible. My dad lived for a long time about 45 minutes to an hour in between my sister's kids and my brother's kids.

11-17-2005, 05:01 PM
So, what did you decide?

11-17-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry I forgot to post anything (I put it on my blog. sometimes I forget what I put what). :oops: We've decided that the move and uprooting the family isn't the best thing for us right now. We're just going to go with the flow and see what happens. I don't know when the sale of the business is taking place but it is going to happen. Jeff and I are at peace with it. He just turned down the job offer this afternoon. I've decided that it's not worth the worry and stress because it is out of my hands.