South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 06:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile TGIF! Friday Chat on The Beach

Would somebody please go downstairs and turn up the furnace for me? Coffee would be nice too.

For some strange reason, I've been wide awake since 3:30 and I can't blame it on the Doggage who are still asleep. Anyhow, I got the Church bulletin done and partly printed. It's nice to get something off your list by 6 AM.

Before I freeze to death here at the keyboard, I'm going to crank up the heat, the dogs and some coffee and will be back in a bit. It feels like a porridge morning - we had some snow yesterday!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

'morning!

I've been up since 1:30 reviewing BritLit for an exam today (yawn) - can I have some of that coffee, too, Ruth?

DS isn't sleeping well lately - no idea why. DH is exhausted from DS waking up crying several times a night. I fetched him at around 2 or so and gave him some warm milk to help him sleep and snuggled him down on the sofa next to me with his fuzzy blanky and a pillow, and he's been sleeping there ever since (about 2 hours now). Not well, but at least he's sleeping. I'm hoping this is just a developmental phase and will get better - soon would be nice! At least DH will get some rest tonight - for a change!

My last paper (titled "The Wakefield Second Shepherd's Pageant: A Serio-comic Treatment of the Adoration of the Shepherds") has been well-received by my class on the discussion forum so far. I have another due Saturday, which I haven't even started on as I've been preparing for this exam. There are only 3, including the final, so they are a big deal.

How's everything on your towel today?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Wow I can't believe I'm posting this early. Sorry for being MIA for a few days as I had a very hectic week,between clubs & appointments kept me quite busy.

Looks like another stall,tomorrow. I just can't move that scale,no matter what I do.Was on a no breakfast plan,that didn't work, now tomorrow I'm going to maybe switch my dinner to noon again and see if that will nudge the stall. Its getting REALLY frustrating now, as I can't get the last 9 blbs down.

Ruth-Sending some warmth up to you. Enjoy your coffee and it should get warmer during the day.

H-Ko-Happy to hear that your paper was well-recieved. Sending some good : vibes for your other paper and for you to do well in the exam.

Have a good one Hugs BB
Old 11-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #4  

Brrrrrr... cold here too! I didn't want to get out of from under the covers this morning. I am having some serious motivation problems. It will be a miracle if they get work out of me today.

I couldn't make it to class on time last night. I really would have rather taken class. But, I was 15 minutes late and didn't think that I would want to go squeeze in b/n two people and have to go get a step. So, I decided to just do my own thing. Apparently my hormonal mood is getting the best of me. I started my workout on Jacobs ladder only to discover the timer wasn't working. I didn't want to do it if I didn't know how long. I guesstimated and went to another machine. That one kicked my butt and I went to another only to have a grunter sit behind me. I couldn't take that either. I did another 2 minutes and went to the weights. Downstairs I was then met with a group of giggling teenage girls. I still managed to get an hour in, but I had to get away from those people!

Gotta go... boss is calling1
Old 11-11-2005, 08:33 AM   #5  

Oh Woe, Schatzi is gonna have a bad few days... I did something very bad to my laptop and have to rebuild it... thankfully DH has 2 laptops and we have a desktop...Can someone say "Spoiled"... Tis the norm when you are married to a "wirehead"... so at least I can get on... I don't know what I would do without my computer for a day! \
Old 11-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #6  

Life is grand. I had a delightful day yesterday.
This morning was fab too. No extra kids. My angels were angels. Lots of good convo, laughter.... Of course, now I start to think is it a mistake to have all these extra kids here. But then I know without a doubt we need the income and the other choices would stink. Needless to say I am lovin this morning!!! DS is off to school. DD is playing house with the kitten.
I do have 2 kids coming for the morning soon and we will go to play group.

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I WILL do this!
2. Weekly weight. 229
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level. not
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks. 3 meals 1 snack
6.# fruits, # of veg.1 fruit, 3 veg
7. How many glasses of water. 5
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed.10&12
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions. I ate for cozy comfort while watching ER.
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life. Very nice.
11. Any really good events or feelings today.Today rocked. 5 big kids in school , 3 little ones here. DH was home causae of weather. I left a baby woth him and took the other 2 for groceries, came home made lunch put 2 down for a nap and the tube on for the other and went and got my hair colour done( kidless!!!!), came home and all the troops arrived and were fun/no conflicts!, Whipped up a light supper, hooked up the TV system up in our bedroom and watched a show,aaaaaaaahhhhh, DH jokingly accused me of hiding out, um YUPPERS!, went to book Club, we had read Clara Callan by Richard B Wright, exellent book, excellent convo, i adore this group of people!!, came home, cuddled with DH, made a few calls, got some Avon orders, t5idied up a bit, put a load of wash in and watched ER at 10, put clothews in the dryer and came up to bed and read some of Letterd From Earth by Mark Twain. I woke at 5:30am to the sound of Clyde being pounced on by Rainbow and sounding quite disgruntled. Went back to sleep til 7. Beautiful sunrise this morning. Brisk fresh air!!

12. Overall, how did the day go. okey dokey.
13. How can I improve for tomorrow. dont much for comfort.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

This morning is flying by too fast for me! I have a lot of things I wanted to get done before I pick up the girls from school, but it took a while at the grocery store. Why, oh why, can't they come out with a SF, FF cappucchino or latte? I've been craving one for the past few days! Everything on the market has a lot of undesirable ingredients and hydrogenated fat in it. I just added some almond extract to a cup of coffee at home, and it's pretty good, but not exactly what I was wanting. I have sheets in the washer right now, and another load waiting to go in. Hopefully they'll be done before I have to leave. I sure hope it's not another late night tonight, supper plans have been ruined almost every night this week. At least Jake isn't complaining, as long as gets something to eat and he doesn't have to fix it he's happy. Typical male. I want to make Shrimp Alfredo over spagetti squash tonight. I'm getting a head start on it by having the squash and the shrimp ready to go, so all I have to do later is prepare the sauce and heat up the squash. I have a pot of Cauliflower soup simmering on the stove now, and that will be lunch for a few days. For those of you thinking about buying the new cookbook, I highly recommend it, there are some great recipes in it! Gotta run, the washer stopped.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Another early day for me at work............sleeping in tomorrow

So, Schatzi, you gotta fix that 'puter thingy cause I'm not sure what we'll do without you! You come on down....over....up to Idaho anytime, we'll take ya skiing, see Jackson Hole, or go to Yellowstone or all of the above, it's all within and hour or two from here.

Hollyhock, sounds like your days are so full and busy. You do get a lot done.....

djett, sounds like your evening was a frustration. I hate working out around other people. Give me the pavement anyday! Hopefully today will go better!

Beachbum, bummer about the stall! Have you tried eating more? I've heard people say that works.........never tried it myself. Be patient, it will come. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Hko, sorry about the lack of zzzzzz's. Nice that you could cuddle up with the little one. Your homework sounds mind-numbing, waaaayyy over my head.

Ruth, sweetie, would you like cream and sugar with that coffee??? I've never made it before but I could try. Is it equal parts coffee to equal parts water????? That doesn't sound too hard. Hope you warm up today.

Well, everyone, have a super day.....IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default cottage.....

Hi, I missed your beach towel. Hope you have a great day! Your spaghetti squash reminded me that I have one sitting on my counter....
Old 11-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #10  

Evening.. it is very late here... I just popped in to brag - we bought a new car and picked it up today... woo hooo it is a wagon - but a sporty little number My slide into suburban housewife mode is now complete My husband has a uni exam in the morning, so I took my little one on a big drive to see a friend and we just got home around midnight, so he could get some study time in... the car is great!

Oh.. and I jumped on her scales - mine are busted... and I look like I have lost about 1.5 kilos this week (about 3.5 pounds) which is excellent... so using the nutridiary and sticking to some semblence of control with the calories appears to be paying off - I am so happy

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday ad keep your fingers crossed for my exam on Tuesday - I am gonna need it
Old 11-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #11  

RNMOM- LOL! That wasn't the half of it. I was already b/c I was late. Part of which I had to blame myself b/c I misplaced my keys. DOH! DS had a bad behaviour day at school, he was mad b/c he didn't get the "treat" at the end of the day. I pushed through and reinforced why he didn't get the reward. But, it was an ugly ride home. He was still in the same mood when I got home from workout. It was just a bad night all together. But, I suppose everyone has days like that. I am sure that my weekend will fare better.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #12  

*yawn* good morning.....er afternoon....I was up very early this morning...went for a run..did every chore known to man...laundry dishes vacumed dusted organized ect ect...thinking maybe about doing some homework....

thinking eating some dark chocolate and watching Gilmore girls much more appeasing-

*blah*

lots of love
chelsea
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #13  

My cube at work is almost totally unpacked. It feels so strange to be sitting among all these people I don't know. We're going out to lunch in a bit but I'll be good.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Back again

RNMOM-maybe your right, maybe I'm not eating much. I'm working on getting rid of this stall. I'm off of breakfast eatting now.Just don't feel like eatting it.Will try it again tomorrow. May go back to eating dinner at lunch,and see if that works.

Thanks for your input Hugs BB
Closed Thread