Support Groups - Seeking Weight Loss Buddy

View Full Version : Seeking Weight Loss Buddy

shelleybelly
11-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Hello! My name is Michelle or Shelleybelly and I am 36 and live in Eastern Illinois. I work full time and am wife to Brian and mom to 2 boys and a girl - Taylor (13), Danny (3) and Lyndsay (2) :lucky: :lucky: :lucky: . I have always had a weight problem :( . My lowest weight was 142 to which I was able to maintain for 3 years :carrot: after my divorce. Once I met Brian, it was bye bye 142. We were together for a year and we married May 5, 2001 and I weighed 160. Two weeks later, I found out I was pregnant with Danny :cloud9: . When I delivered in January, 2002 I weighed 230. By walking and counting calories I was down to 194 in December. But Santa had a big surprise for me, yes I was pregnant again :yikes: . So long hundreds. By the time I delivered Lyndsay, I was at my all time high 263 :yikes: . In the last two years, with the help of weight watchers and counting calories I am down to 217. Well after looking at some pictures and seeing how big I am, I realize it is time to get below two hundred again. I am going to lose 75 pounds. My short term goal is to be below 200 by the end of January. It might take me awhile, but I plan to take it off this time and keep it off. I am looking for a buddy/motivator for this weight loss journey. :)

ashley123
11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
hi shellybelly my name is ashley and i to am looking for someone to buddy up with.

GeorgiePorgie
11-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi Shelly! Hi Ashley! Welcome to the boards. I am a 37 year old mom to one son age 8 and have been married to hubby for 20 years. I am looking to lose 60 more lbs. I weigh around 198 now and want to weigh 140. I'll be your buddy. One can never have too many buddies! :)

djmommy
11-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I would love to do this with youall. I am so new to this. I never get on the computer. I am hopping this is what I need. I have 2 boys ages 8 &6. I am 42 and want to be so healthy for them. I have gain a lot of weight due to stress and ache muscles. I do not have a problem getting motivated to work out it is finding the time or dealing with my muscle spasms etc... I have a thyroid problem and I think it is balanced now. I am soooo motivated this week . I have agood attitude and would like to continue. I think a chat group may work. i would love to do this with you all. I need to lose about35 or more. so I have alot to go. I am currently doing sb . I did not do to well today, but considering what I use to eat I am doing ok. I know or hope tommorow will work out well. How do we keep in touch, do I look here everyday please let me know thanks djmommy

shelleybelly
11-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi Ashley, eddie31997 and djmommy - Hope everyone is having a good day! I think the more buddies the better. It is so nice to come to a board knowing that you can give and receive support. I am new at this so I am not sure how we keep in contact. Do you guys have any ideas?

djmommy
11-11-2005, 09:25 PM
hi shellybelly, I have the same quuestion. I have never done this either and am looking forward to the support.I did awful today. I ate everything I should not have at dinner. I t was not to bad if I were not following sb. I had pot, sausage,and carrots. Then after that i had a beer with my hubby. That was low carb though. Then that opened the door to cookies 3, and later some chips agh why is it so dang hard to stay focused. Tommorow we are going on a family trip to Amish country. I have been told about this wonderful cheese and ice cream place. Well guess where my kids can not wait to go.. Ice cream.. I hope my will power is good. Hopefully my husband will share and I will only have a few bites. Iwill try to stay focused. I have lost 5 pds so I should not be kicking myself. I feel bad because it could have been more if I did not wonder off the path oh well. tonight I will drink water and watch T.V. if the urge gets to bad to sneek I will go to bed. Best of luck this weekend I will try to log on tommorow

djmommy
11-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I just did the weight traker and I wanted to see if it worked. I am not very good at all on computers. Hope to talk to you all soon

shelleybelly
11-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi djmommy! Don't be so hard on yourself :) . It is only one day and it doesn't sound like you did too bad. Just pick yourself up and go again. You can do this, we both can. I think when we diet that we feel pressured to be perfect all the time and stay totally focused on our diet and we don't allow for the slip-ups. When we do slip-up or for me falling off the wagon we come down hard on ourselves. We just need to accept that we slip-up and get right back on track.

I have had a rough few days and have not been counting calories. But I started writing down everything I ate today and will get back on track. My new motto is slow and easy. I am going to worry about 1 pound at a time instead of the 75 I want to lose.

Hang in there! Have a great time on Saturday. If you want some ice cream, take a few bites out of your kids or husbands, so you don't feel deprived! Remember you can do this and it will be worth it!

Talk to you later. Shelleybelly

djmommy
11-12-2005, 08:00 PM
wow we went and I blew it. First of all those amish know how to bake .Dang them for being so good. Anyway ,I figured that I was going to enjoy myself because this was the first time we did this and I wanted to relax and enjoy. I did have a small scoop of icecream.....homemade almost like an ice, very light and yummy. I also had a piece of broasted chicken..yes I ate the skin with a great salad and fried mushrooms. That is it. Probably not as bad as it could have been. But we really had a great time. WE even purchased a full bedroom set.Cherry sliegh bed with all the dressers,and amroe (sp). Anyway if I do not loose any weight I will have something comfy to plop my body on at night. hehehe We can do this . you are right take it slowly it is a long journey.You seem to be doing well. How often do you weigh in. What diet are you following, counting calories. That may work better for me. I have never counted cal .Looking forward to sunday so I can start over. Maybe we should have a weekly or monthly weigh in. Set some short term goals. How did you get your tracker to work. I fill it out and that is it. It never stays on. What am I missing.Not very good at this,so I need a little help.Anyway good luck with everything

djmommy
11-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Oops I see you have already set some goals. good for you .Keep it up.

shelleybelly
11-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi djmommy - Sounds like you had a great time with the amish. Congratulations on your new bedroom suite. Their furniture is beautiful. I think you did great even eating the skin you did great! I have had a few rocky days, but that always seems to happen around TOM. In a few days, I should be back to normal.

On the tickers, watch you create your ticker, scroll down and there is instructions on how to add them to your signature. Setting mini goals would be great. I currently count calories. I give myself 1800 calories a day and tomorrow I am going to start walking on the treadmill before work (and before the kids get up) for 20 minutes. That way I can start off on the right foot.

I am pretty worried about the holidays coming up. They always seem so stressful and I am an emotional/stress eater. It would be nice to set a goal for the end of the year to stay focused on the weight loss. How about 15 pounds by January 1, 2006?

Well need to go. Will post again on Monday. Take Care and Stay Focused!

shelleybelly
11-13-2005, 09:04 PM
oops forgot. A weekly weigh-in would be great. I would rather have any day but Monday! That way if you over did it, you still have a day or so before you weigh in! What do you think? See Ya!

djmommy
11-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Hello, Weekends are always hard for me too. Dominic is good though he knqws how bad I want this and said to go ahead and cook for me. I think he sees the weight I have put on. Anyway, 15 sounds good. I need to get into a dress for a wedding by feb 25. So that is my motivator. I put these silly notes all over the house to remind me. How about Thurs or Fri for a weigh in? Check out the ww site on here. The core part. They have some good recipes on there. I just whipped up a soup that was yummy and easy. Black beans and salsa and broth. well worth the time to look at. I need to go back and read a little more. Hope your day is going well. I need to start on my water intake. This is the week for a good weight loss for us both. Good luck

shelleybelly
11-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi djmommy - How are you doing. I have to aplogize for not responding the last few days. My little boy started pre-school this week and he is having a little trouble adjusting. Today he seemed to be better. He is not used to going anywhere without his little sister tagging along. I think a Friday weigh-in would be great. Start the weekend off on the right foot. I also think a 15 pound goal is perfect. How is your 'diet' doing this week? I have had a pretty good week so far. No big splurges. Well I need to run. I will type more when I get home from work tonight. Have a good day!

djmommy
11-16-2005, 07:05 PM
HI SHELLYBELLY.I was worried about you. I thought I lost you. I remember those days in preschool. My boys are so close. Glad to hear you are doing well.I however have my ups and down. I am curious to see how I do this week. I am more cautious of my eating which is great. My husband is so supportive. He has us all doing situps at night even the boys. I actually got to work out today. I plan on working out tomorrow too.I am going back to our home state this weekend. It is going to be hard but I will do my best. Good luck tomorrow.

shelleybelly
11-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi djmommy! How are you today. I am doing fine. My little boy cried when I left him at pre-school, but when I called to check on him, he was doing fine. That is wonderful that your husband is supportive, but he still likes me to buy him some junk food. I find that if I put it in the cabinet above the refrigerator and not in the pantry that I am not tempted to eat it. I think that is half the battle. My husband is supportive of my weight loss too. But I don't think I could get him to do sit-ups! We both have gained weight since we got married 4 years ago!

Don't worry about the ups and downs, I have days where I stick faithfully to my calories and the next few days (depending on what is going on) I might have a few days of ups and downs. Remember we are learning to eat healthy and maker better choices in the foods we eat! A good week for me is when I might not have lost any weight, but I haven't gained either.

Well weigh in is in the morning. Hoping for a weight loss for both of us! Where is your home state? This weekend I am going to meet my sister and her family and take my older boy Taylor to see Harry Potter!! We haven't missed a movie since they came out. I'll have to remember not to eat a whole lot for breakfast. I can't seem to pass up the popcorn. If right now, I hear it calling my name (ha! ha!). Have a good day!

djmommy
11-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi, glad to here your boy did well today. I need to keep the food out of sight too. I use to keep it in a lower cabinet in our old home but now we have a larger pantry so I stuff it all in there. Maybe I will stick it in the laundry room cupboards. Then I will just get fat doing laundry. HEHe. I live in Ohio now. My husband has work over here for about 5 years. If we like it here we will stay. I use to live in Michigan. I do miss my buddies and family. I was very close to everyone. The phone calls just are not the same. I have only been here 3 months. I have met some wonderful people, but not anyone I can really laugh and be silly with. I am sure I will, it takes time. The person we bought the house from is super. We have girls night out once a month so that is nice. She arranges alot of parties and always includes me. So I am meeting people through her. I was able to work out today. Yeah no pain. I even ran a lap. I love to work out. I go to a great gym. I just wish I was as strong and lean like some of those ladies. I look around and that motivates me to go that last mile. Yes weigh in is tomorrow. I hope I do not forget to post. We are leaving early in the morning. I will try to remember. I know I will weigh my self in the morning so if I do not post it I will on Sunday. Have fun at the movies. My boys want to go to it also. Maybe we will have time over the vacation. Good luck today catch up with you later.

djmommy
11-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Good morning, I weighed myself. I was 195 and today I am 190. Total lost 5 pds. I was up an d down all week. I do weigh myself every now and then. So I would say I lost 3pds this week. YEAH. I may ask my husband to hide my scale. This way I can not weigh in until next Friday. I hope you have a good weight lost. I am off to mi. I wonder what happen to all the other ladies that were interested in this thread. I thought we had a pretty good group going here. anyway again good luck.

shelleybelly
11-18-2005, 08:05 AM
Congratulations djmommy! Way to go! Just think next week you will be in the 180's!!!! Yeah!!! I also had a terrific weigh-in. I lost 5lbs this week. Whoo Hoo! I can't wait to be out of the 200's, which I haven't been in 3 years. I try not to weigh myself too often, because it seems to affect my mood. I think the biggest thing that is helping me is that I came in here and post my weight! Seeing those numbers really put things in perspective. I really want to see it go down instead of up. I also think your support has been wonderful. I hope you have a great time in Michigan!
I'm not for sure what happened to the other women, but they can join us any time. The more the merrier! Shelleybelly

shelleybelly
11-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Hi djmommy, I hope you are having a great weekend. Just wanted to let you know that my son and I went to Harry Potter last night at the 10:45 movie. It was great! Shared a bag of popcorn with Taylor and between the two of us we only ate half the bag. I was proud of myself. :corn:

djmommy
11-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi shelly belly, Yeah for you. Way to go. You are doing awesome. I wish I would be in the 180s that will be a while. I will be happy with any weight that I loose this week. I had a terrific time with my family and friends. The girls went out last night and I laughed soooo much. We had a ball. I did drink and eat alot, but I really had a great time. I miss them all so much. Any way today back to focusing. I am not going to weigh myself at all. I will make sure my hubby hides the scale. This way I will not become disappointed.I will not be able to weigh in though until Sunday. We are going back to Mi on Wed. Soooo I may have to weigh in after vacation. yuck..... Oh More reason for me to stay focused. (Yeah Like I did this weekend.) I will try though. Anyway I am glad this is working for you . I enjoy this too. It makes me accountable for my actions. I have to fess up and be honest. I wish I could get that tracker working. I just went on it again. I do not know what to do after it tells me Congratulations. I tried to type the web in and that did not work . Oh well maybe I will have my sis help me when I go home. I am not the best at all on computers. As you can tell from my typing errors. Anyway hang in there. Keep it up, you are doing . so good. Check with you later.

djmommy
11-20-2005, 06:28 PM
hi shelly wondering if I got the tracker to work . http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.phphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php

djmommy
11-20-2005, 06:29 PM
OOPS STILL FIGURING IT out

djmommy
11-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi again, after much frustration I think I may have figure out this darn tracker. Well here it goes .

djmommy
11-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah I did it. Well know I have to be motivated to loose the weight I can actually see it on a tracker. Good luck again

shelleybelly
11-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi djmommy! Sounds like you had a nice weekend. It is always nice to see friends. I am sorry to hear that you live far away from you friends and family. I am very lucky, my husbands family lives within 4 to 10 minutes away from us and my family lives around 30 to 40 minutes away. I am sure that you didn't do too bad. You have to remember that you don't have to eat right 100% of the time, every now and then you need to let your hair down and just enjoy some food that you normally don't eat. I think that it helps us feel like we are not being deprived and that it is ok to eat something that is not healthy! Why don't we weigh in again the first Friday in December. That will give us a week to work off the Thanksgiving Dinner! Gotta go! Keep up the good work!

shelleybelly
11-20-2005, 08:26 PM
I see it! Way to go! :carrot: :carrot: :cp: :dance: :dancer:

djmommy
11-21-2005, 01:28 PM
hi, sounds good to weigh in next week . It will be better all the way around. I was able to work out today. 30 minutes on the step and 15min rowing. I willl not be able to work out tomorrow. I wish I had something here at home. Maybe my husband will be home early enough so I can get a work out in. Do you work out at all? Good luck .

shelleybelly
11-21-2005, 07:40 PM
That's great that you got to work out. I will keep my figures crossed that your husband gets home early enough so that you can get a work out in. Sometimes I walk on my treadmill but right now that is the only workout that I get. Eventually, once the kids get a little older I would like to join a gym again. I love to lift weights. I was home sick today so I didn't make good food choices, but I will get back on it in the morning! Keep up the good work!

djmommy
11-22-2005, 08:48 AM
So sorry to hear you were sick. I hope you are feeling better today. Better being sick now than on Thanksgiving. I am sure you did well yesterday. One day usually does not do it, it is when you go for 2 or more days. I am proof of that. I got back on the scale. I forgot to tell hubby to hide it. I guess I am glad I did . I gained all of it back. I hope it is all water. This hopefully will make me make better food choices this weekend. The hard part is not being at your own house and having to eat what is offered as a guest. Maybe I will pack a survival pack. Anyway one day at a time Good luck today

shelleybelly
11-23-2005, 04:32 AM
I wouldn't worry about the gain, I bet it is just water weight. I need to have my husband hide the scales too! I weighed today and haven't gained anything but haven't lost anything either - which after yesterday, I am surprised. That is a good idea to pack a survival pack to take with you. It is so hard to watch what you eat while you are away from home and holidays are the worst! There is always food that you normal don't get to eat and it is hard to pass it up. I try to just eat smaller portions of these foods and just remind myself that it is one day and to get right back on my diet the next day. I bet you will do just fine! Just try to stay positive, which sometimes it is not my strong point. Remember that we are trying to lose weight slow and easy and 1 pound at a time. We can get through the holidays and still meet our goals! Good luck today! We can do this! :)

djmommy
11-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi shellybelly , I hope your holiday went well. As for me, Well I blew it. The survival pack stayed in the bag in the car. It is so hard staying focused on a trip. At my moms I was better. She is a great eater. When I was at my in laws yikes. Big breakfast, pizza. Muffins you name it. Oh well we are put for a few weeks.We are not going in to mich . I should remain focused through out that time. I just worked out. Over an hour. I feel great so hopefully this is a good start. I put on a crockpot of healthy bean soup for dinner. and I am going to record my food this week. I hope your day goes well

shelleybelly
11-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi djmommy! I am back on track. At work I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I have a very stressful job and found out today that I might be able to move into a less stressful job in March. Crossing my fingers that I can accomplish this.

With the one holiday down we only have one more to get through! We can do this. I am going to try and start walking on the treadmill at nights or try again walking in the mornings while the kids are asleep. How are you doing on your workouts? Hope you are doing well! Have a good day!

djmommy
11-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Hey girl. Glad that things are looking better for you. Stress is a killer with dieting. Walking will help with that. It is finding the time that is hard even alittle will be good. I had an awesome workout today. I ran 2laps. I have not done that in years. I worked out hard for an hour. WHOOOHOOOO. I am also doing great on the food this week. I am so proud of myself. Even if I do not lose I know I am making better choices. I still have my chjoc. I need to wean myself off of that. I bought sf popcycles. yummy. anyway hang in there only 2 more days until Friday. So if you do not work on the weekends that is good. Are we weigjhing in on Fri? I hope so, I need to stay focused. Chat later

shelleybelly
12-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Hey! Keep up the good work on your workouts you are doing fantastic! Yes weigh in on Friday. I was trying on some clothes last night and it is sure a motivator to lose weight! I too have been making some better food decisions in the last few days. We just need to keep up the good work and the weight will fall right off! Gotta run and get ready for work. More later. Have a good day!

djmommy
12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
I can not believe it I ran 1 mile and a half. I am soooo happy. I was on the tread looking around at the ladies thinking dang they are skinny and all they ever do is run. If my hips can take it I am going to try like heck to stay running.What a great cardio workout. I need to loose the belly so that should help too. I just went out to lunch to this fab greek rest. I spilt a chick greek salad with my son. I came home with half of it. I did have ther pita though. I have no idea how many points that is but I will figure that out. I even dipped my fork into the dressing. Imagine that.I read a entry the other day someone mention that when you sigh during a meal that means you are full . Try it it works. Listen to the sigh it is amazing I find that I am not eating half as much. Gosh I am so freaking motivated that I better lose this weight. i have a thyroid problem that does not work in my favor. A book I read stated that a one pound weight lose should make one happy. That I should not expect to lose weight like other people. I have to remind my self of that.Do you like soups? I have some amazing recipes to share if you do. We are big soup eaters in this house. Good luck, have a grreat day. Stay focused. bye

shelleybelly
12-02-2005, 01:17 PM
That is great running for a mile. You go girl! Your motiviation is addicting! We just have to stay focused and celebrate each others victories. We can do this. I weighed in today and I am only up 2 pounds from the last time we weighed in so the 'ice cream' incident really didn't hurt, but I don't want to repeat it. I love soup but the only ones we have is chili or vegetable soups. I would love to have the recipes. I am always looking for new things to try for supper. We tend to get into a rut and have the same things over and over again. My husband is convinced that my son thinks that I only know how to make Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper! Well he lives with his Dad and he is with us every Wednesday and every other weekend and he such a picky eater that he loves Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper so that is what I fix! Oh well I need to convert him over to more healthier foods. Talk to you on Saturday. Keep up the good work!

djmommy
12-02-2005, 02:52 PM
2 pds is not bad. At least you are focused. You had an awfully stressful week too. I did weigh myself I am down 2pds but up still 1pd from my total of 5. I want to weigh myself again this Monday to see If I can loose that last pd. That would make it a true week for me, since I really did not get back until after the holiday. Anyway I did not work out today and I am haveing these monthly cravings like you would not believe. I ate a bunch of junk today already. Anyway I still am in my point range sooo I just need to not eat until dinner. I will just have it early. I hope I am good I may have a cocktail with the hubby one night. Stay focused and enjoy your weekend. Did you try the sigh yet?

shelleybelly
12-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Good Morning! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was fine. Watched what I ate very carefully. Didn't do too bad. How did you do? Haven't had a chance to do the sigh thing yet, put I will try it. I am currently looking for a new job so the next few weeks I am going to focus on maintaining my weight. If I loose some pounds great, but the object for now is not to gain any. Once I start a new position, than I can start concentrating on my weight loss again. My current job is very stressful (no wonder I snack!) so I am looking for one that has less stress and one that I won't take home with me every night! Well you have a good day and I will check in with you in the morning. Have a great day!

djmommy
12-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey girl what is it that you do. Sounds like a nurse or something? You are better off looking for a new job if it is so stressful. I do not blame you for concentrating on only that, just try not to gain and maintain, and you will be happy. The weekend did not go to well. I did ok but I could have done better. I think I did good today. I will count up the points later. I finally am not craving anything. I should be good know until next month. I did not weigh myself again because of that time of the month so i figured wait until Friday. I think I may take a water aerbics class. I took one last year and loved it. I really got a great work out. I was able to run today so I am happy about that. I feel so dang good after i work out. I hope I continue on this opath. Good luck looking for a job.

shelleybelly
12-06-2005, 01:24 PM
I am a Purchasing Agent for an Aerospace Company. Very stressful job! I am in the middle of everything and everyone. I started to take the job home with me and that is when I decided that it was time to move on. The company has ran in ad in the newspaper so everyone here knows I am going. Now I have people trying to get me to change my mind! It does make me feel good to know that I have a lot of people who care for me.

Are you counting points like weight watchers? I won't weigh myself this Friday because the TOM is coming. I haven't done bad, but had a piece of cake and ice cream the last two days to celebrate my son's birthday.

Well need to get back to work. Have a great day!

djmommy
12-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey I do not blame you for not weighing yourself. I hated the tom,I ate everything. It was bad this month. I am back on track. I am going out tonight with the gals in the neighberhood. I think we are doing chinese or Thai. I am not sure ,so I am going to go onto Dotties web site and look up some resturants to get an idea of what is good or not to eat. So far today is good . I am counting points, I hope I stick with it. I can not work out today or tomorrow . So I need to be very careful . I need to lose some more weight. I have to get into a dress in Feb. No time to waste. Good luck today.

shelleybelly
12-07-2005, 01:14 PM
You can do it. Have fun tonight with the girls. It is so nice to get out every once in a while away from the hubby and the kids. Hubby and I get out once a month with a group of friends to eat and the girls play bunco and the boys play poker. We have a really good time. This month we have to skip due to Danny having a preschool x-mas program. He is so excited about the program and the cookies and punch afterwards. I counted points for awhile but every time I went off I would gain everything back. I also felt like I was being starved. Well back to work. Talk to you later.

djmommy
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I used to play Bunco with the friends back home.We had soo much fun.I mss that so much.We really just chated and laughed more than anything. I went last night I did pretty good. I did go over in points due to the rest of the day. Have fun at your party.

shelleybelly
12-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Well we have finally made it to the weekend. Yeah!! I have been making good decisions on the food that I have been eating. Didn't weigh myself this morning due to TOM, but I will next Friday. How are you doing? Still working out every day or every day you can? I haven't walked, but I try and stay busy doing laundry and cleaning the house. Not much going on this weekend, give me time to get things done and ready for Christmas! Are you ready for Christmas? Well keep up the good work. More later.

hellokittyfan
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi there,

I'm new as well, and I could use all of the buddies out there. I'm about 40-50 pounds overweight and I've never had any kids. I just like to eat. It's been a struggle since puberty!!

I'd love to chat with anyone and be here to support anyone, as we can all use buddies on this weight loss journey.

Lisa

djmommy
12-12-2005, 02:22 PM
WELCOME Lisa, We would love to have you chat with us. We are all here for the same reason. I love food too, been trying really hard lately not to eat but with the holidays it has been so hard. I can not seem to get past this 5 pds but I am working out very well.Hopefully soon I will see some progress.If not on the scale than in my clothes. What diet are you on? Do you like it? Good luck , keep in contact we will definetly be there for you.

djmommy
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey shelly belly, Sorry it took so long to write. I have been busy. Did not weigh in on Friday either. I am too afraid. I have been working out a lot. I love that tae bo tape it is killing me. My butt is so sore it is hard to sit. I am only doing the middle one, Can not wait to see how the advance one goes. Yikes... I went to the gym today and tried to run NO Energy, I walked for 3 miles, but did go uphill alot. I sure that did not help my soreness oh well pain no gain.I will caht later with you all .Remember to drink your water.

djmommy
12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh girls we need to start thinking of our January goal. I am going to try to hit it hard. BIG LOSES.

momof5
12-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Ladies,
I have been reading over your posts and it seems like you two keep in touch with other on a regular basis. I was wondering if I could join you two. I am about to lose faith. No matter how little I eat, I can never seen to lose any weight. I am about fed up. Because of my quadricep tendonitis, I have been unable to be as active as I have been in the past, but I am having trigger point massage therapy on the 28th that will hopefully cure it. I would love to correspond with you all.:snowglo:

djmommy
12-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey mom of five, I think we have been on a couple of sights together before, sure come and join us. This is one site I do check regular. There is another one through ww too. I am wondering if you have also been on that too. Anyway, I do know how you feel.I was down on and off for 2 years, I know this sounds strange but I lost movement in my hip.I could not sit cross legged or cross my legs. It seemed like it just locked up on me. It hurt sooooo bad . anyway went to several doc, one called it locked hipp like locked shoulder. I had therapy for 6 months ithan I swear I went to a chriopracter,wala instant relief,I have not gone back in months but I am working out and all. I just listen to my body and slow down when I need to. I also gained alot of weight in the summer due to stress. So here I am on this site hopping to find some support. So far so good, just no weight lose. anyway welcome again. What are you doing to lose weight? chat later

hellokittyfan
12-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the wonderful welcome djmommy!

Well, I'm not on any traditional diet. I've done WW in the past and I kind of do a makeshift version of that. I basically cut out sweets (most of them, except low fat stuff).

I've tried to become an avid gym person. I'm addicted to going to a spinning class. I've been doing this all for about a month. I've lost a couple of pounds and down a half of a size. So good, so far.

Lisa

shelleybelly
12-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi djmommy and a warm welcome to :welcome3: Lisa and Momof5! How is everyone doing today? I have been trying to be good. But everyone in the office is bringing in goodies and I am finding the temptation a little hard to resist. Djmommy you are right, we need to set our goals for January. I plan on hitting the weight loss thing pretty hard. Does everyone work out everyday? Maybe we can set goals on drinking our water and working out! What do you guys think?

momof5
12-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Hello ladies,
Thanks for the warm welcome djmommy :) I know I should be drinking more water as everyone says that it is the key to weight loss but I am not much of a water drinker....does flavored sugar-free water count ? When I drink water I end of in the bathroom so often, that I can hardly do my job at work. As for my end of January goal....I would love to lose 5 pounds at least. I know I can do it. I have really cut back on my eating but because of my quadricep tendonitis, I do not get a lot of physical activity. I am hoping that will change at the end of the month as I have a session scheduled with a trigger point massage therapist. The searches I have done on this says that it really does help. I sure hope so, then I can be active and lose weight.

hellokittyfan
12-13-2005, 02:01 PM
HI everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm doing pretty well today. Although my boyfriend and I got into a big fight, which makes me a bit depressed.

I'm still going to the gym in a little bit. I need to work this weight off.

I know what you're saying about temptation. I find that if you take a little bit of something, you'll get a taste of it, without all of the calories. Just a thought!

Talk to you all later.

Lisa:p

djmommy
12-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah I got the courage up this morning to weigh myself I know we are suppose to wait until Friday , I will again, but I am down my total weight again of 5.SOO that means those 2-3pds I have been playing with are gone...I hope... Anyway I told my hubby I can Not gain it back That was since Thanksgiving. It is too dang hard. I did not work out today.. I may not either... I have a party in the neighborhood to go to and I need to go. I am the new kid on the block so I need to meet people. Anyway I am going late so I will not eat,I will have a glass of wine or 2.Then water... I made this califlower soup..1point in ww. If anyone is interested I wiil share it.Hang in there ladies.. we can do this

djmommy
12-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Lisa good for you and working out. You could have went to the food so you go girl.. Guys can be a pain.. but do not let him get to you.I know when my hubby and I fight I turn to food too. Not any more I think I will take off to the gym too.Good luck.

hellokittyfan
12-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks djmommy!

I did the gym which was amazing because all I wanted to do was just mope around and eat. I guess I never really need a reason to eat, but today I needed some "comfort food"!

I've been trying to exercise as much as I can, take the stairs when I could take the elevator at work, stuff like that.

It's been a challenge. I've noticed changes in my body shape, but not that much on the scale. So I'm just going to not pay attention to the scale for now and go by my body. I just hope I get down to size 10 in like 6 months or so, like I want to!!

I appreciate your words of support. Take care. :carrot: (I love this icon!!)

djmommy
12-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Well after reading a few threads, it motivated me and I went and got my work out in .. Yeah I almost did not do it.. Hubby home and I always hate to work out in front of him,Anyway I did and I feel awesome.......

hellokittyfan
12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey djmommy,

Good for you. I didn't want to work out yesterday either, feeling a bit down, but I forced myself and felt better after I did it!

I'm glad we both made it to workout!!! I always think a little bit of workout is better than none at all!

Hang in there!

Lisa

:^:

momof5
12-14-2005, 10:46 AM
You ladies are doing so well with your working out. Before I developed patellarfemoral syndrome (runners knee) and quadricep tendonitis, I too was very active. I did aerobics 4 - 5 days a week for 1 hour. Now, with my knee problems I cannot. I can't wait until the end of the month when I visit the trigger point massage therapist to see what he can do for me. I just know that it will take care of my main problem which is tight quadriceps. Then I too will be a workout maniac which will lead me to become a lean, mean workout machine :tread: :ebike: :wl: well, not too much on the weight lifting because that is what caused my problems in the first place.

djmommy
12-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Mom of 5 I know it is hard,and I do hope this works for you.At least you are consious of your eating choices which is awesome too. Hang in there and stay focused. I think I may get a personal trainer? I would love to work out with weights.

djmommy
12-14-2005, 11:25 AM
I just got my workout in one hour... As I mention to Lisa I would love to do weights. I am always tired after cardio..Maybe that will be my newyear thing to do Weights,,We will see.. I need to eat well today and drink water.. I went to the party last night I had 3 glasases of red wine...and 2 cookies.... Ohwell I guess I just cut back somewhere else... Good luck today I may check back latewr.

hellokittyfan
12-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone!

To momof5 - I have problems with both of my knees. I know it's the extra weight on them and arthritis (at the age of 32 - can you believe it)??

I find that spinning and doing the bike aren't that bad on my knees. My left one in particular gives me fits when I work out. I have to constantly stretch it out during the workouts. Also, the treadmill seems to not hurt it at all.

I also have had 2 back surgeries and have constant pain and numbness in my right leg. It's been very hard to workout every day, let alone go to work. I somehow manage. I think that the weight loss will make it all better.

Hang in there with the workouts everybody! I think we can all be good motivators. It helps to support each other!! I know it helps me out.

Have a great day!

Lisa :D

shelleybelly
12-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi Everyone! You guys are doing great. I am hoping next year to be able to afford a gym membership. I love to lift weights! Before I met my husband I used to lift weights - 3 times a week and walk 2 miles a day. I will do that again. 2006 is the year to reinvent myself! You guys are doing terrific working out and watching what you eat. I have been good and have had only 2 diet pepsi's today (which for me is good) and I have gotten 20 oz of water down. Yeah! djmommy that is great that you are down those five pounds you are down awesome! Keep up the good work! shelleybelly

hellokittyfan
12-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi Shelley,

I broke down and got a membership to the gym across the street from my job, thankfully we get a corporate discount, otherwise I wouldn't have joined!
If you have the room, you can get a cheap used treadmill too. That's what we did (now we just have to use it, instead of dry clothes on it!!).

Good job on the water. I'm trying to drink alot too. It's so much easier to drink it in the summer months than in the winter, but I try anyway!!

Lisa

:carrot:

djmommy
12-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Well ladies I just figured out how not to eat... go to the dentist... I went because a tooth was hurting. Ended up needing a crown. Ouch on the wallet and mouth. Anyway after 3 attempts of numbing he decided to drill a hole through my tooth somewhere(an area that was numb) and give it another injection. I guess right to the source. Anyway My mouth is sore and they said it may hurt for a week. Take asprin.... So I guess I will not be eating much . I guess that is good.Oh welll I may not work out tomorrow either. I hope I can walk on the tread. I know jumping may not be cool. We are expecting an ice storm. i hope we do get it. It will make me stay home and catch up on this holiday stuff. Anyway good luck ladies... Drink drink drink water

hellokittyfan
12-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey djmommy,

Take it easy on yourself after dental work. I used to work for a periodontist years ago. Definitely follow dr's orders and take aspirin (ibuprofen) when needed. Might want to eat softer foods too or switch sides of mouth you normally chew on.

Don't overdo the workout stuff either. Treadmill sounds about right. I need to do that tonight, didn't get a full workout at lunch today.

Get some rest and take it easy. :D

Lisa

djmommy
12-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks Lisa for the information. My mouth just started to throb. I think I will take it easy Thurs. I need a day to catch up any way.Looks like soft food for sure the next couple days.Do a work out for me........

hellokittyfan
12-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Djmommy - sorry your mouth is throbbing! Take it easy! :)

It's snowy and icy here, I would so much rather be at home than at work. Watching movies and sipping hot cocoa sounds so good to me right now!!

I brought a tray of veggies for a snack today and I hope to go to my spinning class at lunch. I'll do a workout for you!

Take care.

Lisa :carrot:

momof5
12-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear about your dental work djmommy. Take it easy. Crowns are no fun :hug:

Getting ready to have my first cup of :coffee2: before I get started at work. It is a cool sunny 45 degrees in Texas. Have a great day everyone.

djmommy
12-15-2005, 10:25 AM
45 gosh I wish we could have that weather.It is snowing here. Roads are pretty bad. No work out for me today. Tooth is alright a little throbbibng but bearable. Going to get x mas cookies done, and wrapping today. I also have to go up to the school .Do not want to drive in this weather.I hate the way people drive here.Going to get my water in and record my intake.... good luck today.. Thanks lisa for the work out. Do some extra crunches too, I need help in the belly area....

shelleybelly
12-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone!

djmommy - sorry to hear about your teeth. Hopefully you will be feeling better in no time.

Lisa - I do have a treadmill just no motivation to get on it.

Well I ended up drinking 60 fl ounces of water yesterday, and I have already had 20 today. How is everyone else doing with drinking water?

hellokittyfan
12-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone,

It's been a good day at work. We just got our Christmas bonuses and I was very happily surprised! :D

shelley - yeah I understand about motivation. Our treadmill has been sitting at home for like 7 months with no one using it. I used it once this week finally!
Way to go with the water! I haven't started drinking any yet. I need to do that now!!

It's snowy and icy here. I want to go home and curl up in front of the tv!! I wish it were 45 degrees. I can only dream!!!

Take care.

Lisa ;)

hellokittyfan
12-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Let me clarify. I always drink my water, just haven't drank any today!!

Just didn't want anyone to think I've been bad. LOL! :)

Lisa

acire
12-15-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm brand new! I want to first, thank everyone here because in 1 year from now, I will have reached my goal weight of 145. So thanks in advance.:hug:

I am a college student in my 3rd year and am looking to lose about 70 pounds. I have a pretty open schedule and I know if I have someone there to inspire me (who I will also be willing to help in anyway) We can accomplish anything!!!

My plan is to lose the weight starting January 2nd- Monday, although from now on I plan on eating healthily.

Anyone interested in losing with me?:)

hellokittyfan
12-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi acire:

Hi there! Welcome to the group! I wish you luck in your weight loss. I believe you can do it!

I'm also new to the group. I hope to lose about 50 pounds. I started a few weeks ago. It's been an uphill battle as I love food (too much!!).

Come back soon and visit. Take care.

Lisa :)

djmommy
12-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi guys How is everyone doing....WELCOME arice,You can do this. We are all here to support one another.. Well guys no workout yesterday. I hope I can get one in tonight. I am sooo busy though. I have my hubbys xmas party tomorrow in Mi so we are leaving tomorrow early morning. We celebrate a week early so we can enjoy and everyone can be there together.Anyway that will be a challenge itself. His brother is an amazing cook.They are Italin to boot. YUM any way I will do my best. Also Shelly I quickly weighed in and quickly jumped off. I was up 2 pds. I am ssoooooo ******. Anyway this is my life story. I will not get depressed though. It is the holidays.At least I am not gaining more than I have loss. I feel better and my jeans do feel loser . My hubby and I may do 2 weeks of south beach in Jan. It is a killer but I did it 2 years ago and lost 16 pds. It is a nice jump start.Not that he needs it. He has a great body, But I think he is doing it to motivate me. I will take what I can. It is easier to cook meals this way. I may be mia for a few days. But i will try to lg in later today or on sunday. Have a great weekend. Stay focused

djmommy
12-16-2005, 01:55 PM
well guys I do not know what is wrong with me so far today. I am and can eat everything or anything .I am so hungry. It is not tom either. I hope this is not going to be like this the whole weekend.. I am trying to drink my water to see if that will help.ARGH... anyway off to see santa.

shelleybelly
12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a good day! I was bad and didn't get my water in today. I drank 3 diet pepsi instead. :p Oh well I will do better tomorrow.

djmommy, don't worry about the 2 lbs it could be that you are retaining water and don't worry about over eating today. This time of year is so stressfull and everywhere you turn there is goodies. A couple more weeks and x-mas will be over and it will be easier to concentrate on eating healthy. We can all do this and we will all loose our weight in 2006. Remember we need to take it day by day and not through in the towel when we have a bad day.

I have to admit I wasn't brave enough to get on the scales this morning. I have given notice to my boss that I want to step down as Purchasing Agent and wanted to be placed in another position with the company. I don't think they will be able to place me, so I am trying to find a new position as quick as I can. Hubby is concerned - thought I should have waited till I had another position. So where food is concerned, I have been nibbling on things that are definately not healthy! I am just trying to make it through the next few weeks without gaining too much - maintaining would be great.

Everybody keep your chins up and hang in there! !

Sabrinakym
12-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi! I am new to the forum but I am happy to be here!
I have lost 7 lbs with a physician supervised wt loss program. I am watching calories and working out 2 times a week! I HATE WORKING OUT! I have had a very hard time this week. So many goodies and dinners to go to. I know all the helpful hints but it is so hard putting them into pratice!

djmommy
12-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi sabrina Welcome... This si the place to be. We need all the support we can find.Congrats on the 7 pd lose. That is awesome.... You can help me since I am in a slump... Anyway off to the in laws tomorrow. I hope it goes better there than it has here today.....I will not even tell you all what I ate.....YIKES... Everyone have a terrific weekend.

shelleybelly
12-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Hello Everyone! Welcome Sabrina - Congratulations on the 7lb loss! You are doing great. Well the weekend is past and I spent the weekend making cookies for next weekend. Didn't do too mad. Yes I did eat some, but then I put them in the freezer. The only thing I did over do it on is the white chocolate pretzels. Boy the were good. Just a couple more weeks than the holidays will be over and we can all hit it hard again. The holidays are always hard for me. All the goodies I don't usually have until the holidays. Oh well, I am going to give myself I break. Just have a little of everything and hold on until January 1. Hope everyone had a good weekend! Have a good day! shelleybelly

shelleybelly
12-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Hello! Anyone out there? Where did you go? I hope everyone is alright. Just wanted to tell everyone to keep up the good work and have a great holiday. Shelleybelly

momof5
12-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi shelleybelly,
I am still here. I guess with Christmas coming up, everyone is doing last minute Christmas shopping.

:welcome3: Sabrina. Take care everyone.

hellokittyfan
12-21-2005, 02:11 PM
:tree: :xcheer: Hi shelley,

I'm here. Just been busy at work, like everyone else I'm sure.

I can't believe Christmas is only 4 days away. I am so not ready yet!!! :yikes:

I've been doing pretty good with my workouts. I didn't go today, as I went to see the new baby panda in the Washington Zoo (Tai Shan). He's so adorable!!! I had a great time!

Hope you and everyone else is doing well.

Happy holidays!!

Lisa

:rudolph:

djmommy
12-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi guys I know I have been MIssing in action. I had a root canal and was sick with a cold. I also have been very busy with the holiday fixings. Anyway I may not get on this site as often as I would like to . I am so off this diet it is sooooo bad. Oh well. I will try to check in later but if not I hope you all are doing better than me.... Have a terrific holiday... Hope fully I will chat with you all later.

shelleybelly
12-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi Everyone - Hi djmommy - Sorry to hear about the root canel! I can so relate to be off the diet! But just keep in mind the holidays will be over in a week and then we can all start fresh in January.

Well I will try to check in everyday and see how everyone is doing. I wish everyone a happy holiday!

shelleybelly

djmommy
12-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah The rush is over..... I hope you all had a great christmas. We did, I was sad it was over, we just lounged around and played games and watched movies.. my kids stayed in their p.js all day... we had fun.. How did everyone do?????? I did lousey.. Oh well , Today I will try to do better . I am going in to my home town again tomorrow.. I do not want to go but I have too. Hopefully I will only be ther for 2 days.. My hubby and I are doing south beach together to jump start the new year.I will staRT jAN 2 OR 3 RD..I am starting a week a head of him, but i told him he had to eat the dinner i cook.. No biggy. I fell so huge. I have not even worked out in over aweek.. Yikes. And to be honest I do not see it happening until the kids are back in school and we have our routine going again.ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR....

shelleybelly
12-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Hello! I am glad x-mas is over. We had too many goodies in the house, which I couldn't seem to resist. I just need to get through the New Year (we are having the hubbys family over). Went to the doctors today for a check up and yikes the scale was up:o ! I really wasn't surprised, I have not been good at all. My doctor was great about the weight gain. Said she too had put on 10 lbs and that come January 2nd that she was back to the gym.

How are you doing on the South Beach Diet? Do you find it hard to stick too? My doctor had recommended that for me, but I find it is hard to do with a family.

Well need to run and take Danny to pre-school. Have a great day!

shelleybelly
12-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year. Hope everyone is doing alright!

hellokittyfan
12-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been doing pretty well, other than getting sick the day after Christmas. It's a bad cold or bronchitis or something. I was off work for two days and I'm having a hard time adjusting to being back.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. I enjoyed the time off (not the being sick part, though!).

Have a very happy and healthy New year!!

Lisa

;)

djmommy
12-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi lisa sorry to hear about your cold. I to am fighting a stupid cold. Down for most of today. I am off to a party for a few hrs. I took some med and feel some what better. Happy New Year everyone. Shelly I will let you know about the south beach next time I write Have a great night and day gals.

shelleybelly
01-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Happy New Year Everyone! I have already decided that 2006 is the year of change for me! New job and a skinnier me. Starting Monday I am getting back on track. Hubby took some digital pictures of me and boy was I shocked! I have really let myself go! Time to get back on track. I have lost the weight before, I know I can do it again. I know we all can make our weight loss goals this year.

Lisa, djmommy, Sorry to hear that you both have been under the weather. I hope you both get to feeling better.

Have a good night and I will check in - in the morning!

Nightingal
01-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Hello everyone.I'm new too this.I have been on LAWL.....I've just completed my program.I went from 198pds, to 140pds.But I still didn't reach the goal,that I set out to reach..I wanted to get to 120pds.I am so down on myself, for not reaching the weight, that I set out for.Well thanks for taking the time, and reading this.....If anyone has any advise, on reaching my goal,I sure could uses some.

nystateofmind
01-02-2006, 01:49 AM
What is LAWL?

shelleybelly
01-02-2006, 08:35 AM
nystateofmind - I think it stands for LA Weight Loss? Not for sure.

Nightingal - You should not be down on yourself. Treat yourself to a new outfit! You lost 58 pounds! I think that is great! Don't give up! Just continue the way you are eating and I am sure you will loose the other 20 lbs.

noah's mom
01-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Hi ladies is there room for another??? I am Wanda....35 years old and mother to 1 darling little boy. I have been doing WW since July and had lost 20lbs before the holidays...and I unfortunately put back on 4. I want to lose at least another 20lbs by June so I can buy some nice new summer clothes!
I am hoping to get to know you all!!

Cathy H
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi I'm new to this list. Not new to weight loss, done that at least 100 times in my life. I could use some support, I am married, we have 2 grown sons and I work full time w/ autistic children. I am trying to eat a low carb diet, and start to exercise and drink water. I have previously just been drinking coffee. I know bad...

So if I can join you all I'd appreciate it

djmommy
01-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone, welcome.... I love the fact that we have more people on this site. We all can do this. One day at a time. I just started sb 2 days ago.... yeah so far good. I am a little hungry but I think it is because I am so use to snacking. I have to lose about 20 pds by the end of Feb. I hope that sb jump starts this for me. I am going to try so hard. We should all set short term goals. Maybe a ground hog day goal....... What do you think?????? Sorry about the old tracker I need to figure out how to change it.... Good luck ladies.... we can do this..

Cathy H
01-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I think a small goal is good. Let's see ground hog day is in Feb? How do you get those trackers for the bottom? I'm also not real good at computers.. Hope everyone has a great night...

Cathy H
01-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I am onto a new me! I need to keep this positive attitude. Any suggested reading ?
tracker/img/bar083/bee01/lb/200/150/200/.png[/img][/url]

djmommy
01-04-2006, 08:42 AM
well they moved this post to a new site I hope everyone finds there way back here.Cathy I had a hard time with the tracker myself>I need to change it also.. I hope that comes easy. I found it on the main forum page. I think I will check that for you. Anyway it talks you right through the process.I had to print it because i am not good at this thing.I have not read any great books. I have read the thin commandments diet awhile ago. I would not buy it. Check the library. It was good but I thought like it was like the others. I may read it again to stay motivated.What diet are you doing

shelleybelly
01-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Woohoo! I found you guys! djmommy thanks for the pm. Welcome to all the new gals. djmommy you are right we can do this. Well I am making positive changes this year. My last day at my current job is on Friday. I already feel the stress leaving. No if I could only find a new job. I know in time. Just like weight loss, 1 day at a time. Well I have really cut back on my eating since I went back to work on Tuesday. I have been training the new girl and haven't had the munches - which is a good thing. Drinking my water is another issue..I will do better tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good day. shelleybelly

djmommy
01-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi shellybelly, I do not think everyone found us. Most of those post were in the old forum. Anyway we will see what happens. $ days on the beach.. WHOOO. I already feel like I lost some weight. This is so hard the first 3 days, Now I hope it is up hill. The detoxing of the sugar is terriable. Anyway I actually got to work out today. I jammed. I watched The Biggest loser yes, and got sooo motivated.I went and worked out for 2hours,1 of step with some weights,and than 1 of strentgh training. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. Good for you on losing the stress that always helps. I am sure you will find a job. Think of it as a nice vacation....... Take some time for yourself you sound like you could use it. get the water in good luck tomorrow.

hellokittyfan
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the well wishes. I am still real sick, but feeling much better and finally back at work. I came into work on Wednesday for a couple of hours, other than that I was at home in bed. This bronchitis kicked my butt, I had to go back to the doctor on Monday to get some more antibiotics.

I haven't been able to work out in 2 weeks - I really miss it! I'm hopefully going back to my spinning class on Monday (if I feel up to it!!!).

Welcome new members to our group. Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy new Year!!

shelleybelly
01-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi djmommy and Lisa,

Well today was my last day at my current job! Boy do I feel good. I am so glad that I made the decision to leave my position and set out to find a job that I will enjoy doing with less stress. Now is the time to get focused on losing weight. djmommy - keep up the good work on the South Beach Diet! Lisa - I hope you get to feeling better. My goal for Saturday is to drink lots of water and walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes! Good luck to everyone to stay focused on weight loss this weekend.

Shelleybelly

Cathy H
01-07-2006, 06:18 AM
Someone mentioned I looked as though I had lost weight. I don't know how that could at all possible, since I have just started watching what I eat this week. If anyone here is on the low carb, can you tell me if almonds are allowed.

Have a great weekend!

djmommy
01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Lisa I hope you are feeling better soon......Shellybelly yeah for your happiness that is soo important To love your job. I am sure you will find something. Good luck working out.........Cathy, yes almonds are allowed on the sb I think 10 I am not sure. I will check that out for you though. If yu are doing sb you could have lost weight already, possiable 7 pds the first week... good luck......I am on day 6....yeah I still feel great. My pants actually feel a little better on me so hopefully when I have the courage to weigh myself I will see some lose. I was able to work out again today,so I am on a roll. My stomach hurt so bad though during a sit up portion that I had to sit that on out. It was such a burn..Hopefully I will build up to being able to do those more. Anyway, I hope you all have a great day...... we all can do this. We should set our goals for ground hog day too. I can not figure out that dang ticker again... I would like to be down 15 pds or 20 mby than. I hope that is possiable..........

Cathy H
01-07-2006, 04:16 PM
We need to boost each others spirit in this journey! I am feeling quite good, and am hoping for a loss when I weigh in. Thanks for the info on the almonds. Haven't over eaten today ;o) Hope you all enjoy your weekend, its cold here!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar007/slider-scale/lb/200/150/200/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

shelleybelly
01-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Cathy you are right we need to boost each other up. We can do this! I had some success today. I walked 1 mile. I sure feel good about that. I have even started to cut back on my eating. On Sunday, I will start writing down everything I eat and will also either walk 1 mile outside or 20 minutes on the treadmill. Good Luck Everyone! Shelleybelly

Cathy H
01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I know for myself I need that extra nudge. I don't really get the support I need here at home, its always you look beautiful. well beautiful is not being too large to wear your clothes comfortably.

I am here to cheer everyone on!

shelleybelly
01-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi Cathy,

I am right there with you about that little nudge. My husband likes me for me and the extra pounds don't seem to bother him like they do me. I am at the point now that instead of losing the weight to look like I did when we first got married to losing the weight now to just be able to keep up with the kids and not feel like I need to sit down every 2 minutes. I try to remember that I didn't gain this weight overnight and not to expect it to drop off overnight! You know we will all meet our goals. We just need to keep cheering for one another and pick each other up when we fall!

shelleybelly

Cathy H
01-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm right here to cheer everyone on! I know I have to also remember the same thing. I was baout 60 pounds lighter when we married 22 years ago. MY weight has always yo-yoed, even before marriage. I have you all in my thoughts and prayers..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar07/cartoonfish01/lb/200/150/200/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

djmommy
01-08-2006, 04:14 PM
I have gained so much weight since i got married. I think about 40 . I also believe alot had to do with my thyroid,and marring an Italin. Food,Food food. I am slowly trying to change him. The poor guy never gets pasta anymore.Well guess what? I gave in and weighed myself this morning. I am down 8 pds.I am now in a new set of numbers. I can not believe I lost 8 pds in one week. I hope I do as well next week. I have to fit in that dress.I have already made my soup for next week, cut some veggies and planned my meals. It takes alot of prep but well worth it. I am so excited I want these pds to melt off. I know week 3 will slow down lots but I will take what I can get.. I have been drinking these mocha shakes. You guys have to try them. They sound sooooo gross but I can not wait to have them. My kids like them too .I will give the recipe in case you want to be courages and give it a try. .......................1/2 cup of part skim or low fat riccota cheese...... 1/2 cup of skim milk........ 2tspn cocco powder.....3 packets of splenda....1/2 tspn caffine-free instant coffee...splash of vanialla1/4 to 1/2 tsp....Ice and blend it up it is so good. I turned my sis on it and she loves it.I have these as a breakfast or a lunch . They do feel me up. I wish you guys great success this week and today. We can do this. Thanks for your support too.

shelleybelly
01-08-2006, 07:16 PM
djmommy - congratulations on your 8 pound weight loss. That is terrific. I am too chicken right now to weigh myself. But I did walk another mile today! :carrot: We all just need to keep chugging along. We can all do this. By the end of the week I will break down and weigh myself..see what the holiday damage is. I have started to write down everything I eat and I find that I am craving more good things than bad. By next week I plan on starting to count calories again. I am trying to ease myself back into the routine. I would love to be under 200 by the time our anniversary gets here which is May 5. If I put my mind to it I know I can do it. Everyone have a great day!

jelynn
01-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I would love to join you ladies! As you can see I've been "around" for awhile, but have kept having babies! lol But no more and it's time to get my body back and get in shape so I can enjoy my kids and have some fun!
I am a sahm of 4, 3 boys and a girl. 7.5, 5. 2.5 and 15 months. I think I've used food as a coping mechanism. Fast food and treats to get me through the day. I know I need to change my mind-set and use exercise for that stress relief.
Anyway- I really look forward to hanging out here with you and hope I can lend support and get some back! We can do it!

hellokittyfan
01-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone,

shelley- good luck on your job hunt! Congrats on quitting the old one. There's nothing better than being able to hunt for a good job. You spend most of your life there, might as well be happy while you are there!!! Also - thanks for the well wishes on my health, am feeling a bit better, not up to par yet, but getting there!!

djmommy - thanks for the well wishes, too! This will be my first full week of work in about a month (with the holidays and all). It will be real rough getting used to this, but I'm trying.

I am going back to the gym for my spinning class today for the first time in 2 weeks, wish me luck. I don't know how it will go, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway!!!

Take care. Good luck with your weight loss goals this week. We can do it!!

djmommy
01-09-2006, 10:58 AM
WELCOME Emily, You will get some great support here. You sound very busy but you can do this.. Hello Lisa ,Good luck back at work it will probably be tough today but it will get easier as the week goes on.Glad you are feeling better.Shellybelly congrads on the mile...yoou go girl... I just got my work out in.I feel great.. Have to shower and than I need to hang with my little one today.. I get all emotional thinking next year he will be gone all day. I guess I am trying to get the most of him as I can, Drink the water ladies and keep on moving.........Chat later...

hellokittyfan
01-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone,

Welcome Emily!

Thanks djmommy! I am feeling better. I think the gym class will kick my butt, though. I'm still a bit groggy and congested from the medication. I'm trying though!!! :D

Glad you did your workout. I'm heading out to mine shortly. I hope I make it!!

Talk to everyone later!!!

Lisa ;)

shelleybelly
01-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Welcome Emily - You will find wonderful ladies and great support here. I can relate with the stress eating. I have found that if I exercise, even a little bit, I feel better and I even eat less.

Djmommy - Good job on the work out. Have fun with your little one! They seem to grow up so fast. My oldest already has a girlfriend and he is only 13.

Lisa - Thanks for the luck on the job hunt! I have resumes out there so I just have to be patient and wait for a call. I am off to Manpower to sign up as a temp until I can find a permanent job. I am glad you are feeling better. Good luck at your spinning class today.

Keep up the good work everyone!

djmommy
01-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone, Just got my work out in. Only 30 min but better than nothing. I had my haircut so I went to the gym for the little time I had before little ine comes home. Big challenge today.. Going out to dinner with the ladies. I hope they have good choices for me to pick from. It is a brewy,Never been there THE DRINKING WILL NOT BE AN ISSSUE. i WILL REMIND MYSELF THAT i CAN COME BACK LATER TO TRY THE DRINKS... oPPS I hit the caps button. No time to redo. good luck ladies...

hellokittyfan
01-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone,

Shelley- Manpower huh? I have always found good luck working with agencies when looking for a job. I hope it works out. I found this job through one and I love it! I'm very happy here!!

djmommy - I hope the dinner with the ladies went well.

I have to tell you both that I weighed myself this morning. I am up in weight, not down and now I'm seriously not happy with myself. I know I've been sick and all, but I can't believe I let my weight get this out of hand yet again. About two years ago I lost about 50 pounds or more (it took a long time to get to that point). Then over the summer and fall this year, it all came back on. It takes so long to get it off, but it's so easy to put it back on. So, now I'm started writing down everything that I eat, my exercise that I do and even how much water I'm drinking. I hope this works.

I'm going to do the gym today, not spinning though, just on the bike. I did 11 miles yesterday, hope to do at least 8 today (I don't have that much of a lunch hour as I came in late today).

Anyone else having these issues with weight or am I alone?? I feel so frustrated. I was so happy when I lost the weight before, but I always seem to gain it back again. So upsetting!!!

Sorry for venting, just unhappy right now! Thanks for listening.

Lisa

djmommy
01-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Lisa, I know that sucks.. You worked so hard but you have to pick your self up. This is a life change and you are right it does not just melt off.You sound like you are back on track. Do not get discourage... Think of all the healthy discissions you are making. That has to count for something.I have gained and lost so much that it is so damn frustrating but you have to keep plucking away. What I was doing last year did not work for me that is why I am doing the south. I feel good and I think I may do oOk with it for awhile. Than I have to change to something that is more real to life for me. Anyway get your workout in and you will feel better. Remember you are not alone.... We are all there or have been there before. Get your water in and have a wonderful day

hellokittyfan
01-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the words of encourgagement, dj! I'm really trying. I did 7.2 miles on the bike today, it was a short workout, but I'm proud of what I did!

I guess the scale just set me off this morning. I also need to cut myself some slack as I pretty much was home sick in bed for the past two weeks. I'm just upset that all the hard work I did 2003-2004 seemed to be in vain. Well, no more, I'll get back on track.

I started a food diary on my work computer, so I write down every piece of food I eat. I think I'll just get a journal at home and start writing in that instead, so I can keep it with me on the weekends, too.

It's just so hard, especially in your 30's to lose the weight, but hey, I'm giving it my best shot. I'm also going to go home and do some work on the treadmill, if I have the energy!!

Thanks again for the kind words of support! I appreciate it!!

shelleybelly
01-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Lisa take a step back and take a deep breath. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have been sick for two weeks. You are not alone. I too stepped on the scale this morning and I am up 11 lbs from the holiday, but down 4 lbs from my doctor's appt last week. So now I am 221 instead of 210 :o . It takes a lot for me to actually type (admit) how much I weigh, but I guess that is being accountable for what I have been eating. Try not to get frustrated. You are doing the right things, writing down what you eat and exercising. The weight will be gone before you know it! After I had my older son Taylor I lost a lot of weight and got down to 142 and was able to sustain that weight for several years. In the last four and 1/2 years due to 2 almost back to back pregnancies and a job that I did not enjoy I am up to 221. I try not to get frustrated with it but getting mad and do something about it! You have proven that you have lost the weight before you can do it again. And so can I! Hang in there.:hug:

Djmommy - hope you had fun at the ladies night out! Good job on the work out!

LADIES - WE CAN DO THIS! HAVE A GOOD DAY!

djmommy
01-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah I did good last night. I orderd a salad dip my fork in the dressing and took out everything IIwas not to eat.. No bread.... I also only had water.. I was having a difficult time before I left I was so humngry and I survived. I also worked out for 2 hrs today. Alittle to much though I hads a hard time doing the aerobics because I did cardio before her class. Oh live and learn. Good luck all of you one more day under our belt..We did good yesterday...

hellokittyfan
01-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi guys,

It's me, Lisa (I just had my username changed today).

Thanks for the support shelley! I guess I was just having a bad day yesterday. I have my trusty little food journal staring at me right now. I did eat a little too much cookies last night (but on the plus side, they were reduced fat!), but other than that, I did very well! I plan to do about 30 minutes on the bike at the gym today.

I was just feeling down on myself. It took me so long to lose the weight before, I only had about 10 pounds or so more to go. I got out of the normal routine I had with my old gym when I changed jobs. I just wasn't getting the workout, then I started to become too comfortable and gained weight yet again. I don't have kids, so I can't say it was caused from pregnancy, just that I love food!! :)

I appreciate the warm words from everyone. It really helps me out alot!! I'm doing better today. I think that if I write down everything, it will help me be accountable for my actions.

We can all do it together!!!

hellokittyfan
01-11-2006, 11:35 AM
dj - congrats on doing well at the dinner. Way to go!!!

djmommy
01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Oh my gosh I LOVE FOOD. I am going nuts now. I wish I could eat something really greasy now. I have drank so much water today that I think I will float pretty soon. I may have to eat an early dinner tonight. I think I am bored. There is so much to do but I have no desire to do it. Good luck Lisa on the workout and I am glad to hear you in better spirits. You are so right we are going to do this. Hopefully with ease. Chat later

hellokittyfan
01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow dj,

Your words ring true with me, too. My problem is that once I start eating, I can't stop. I tried yesterday to bring in the brocolli and hoped that would stop my hunger cravings, to no avail.

Today I did a bit better, I got chili for lunch and had some nuts for a snack. Tonight is Hamburger Helper night (easy to make).

I'm going to try to eat more fruits and veggies for snacks. I have an apple staring at me now which I will try to eat in a few minutes.

Hang in there. We will have willpower against food (if I say it enough, maybe I will believe it!!!!) ;)

jelynn
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome :)
Forgot to add that I'm 36, 5'7 and "starting again" at 237.
I am doing t-tapp (www.t-tapp.com) for exercise-- my sister has had great success with it and looks awesome. And for food- portion control, no treats during the week, more water than diet coke and no fast food.
I exercised Monday and yesterday and haven't yet today, but I'm really sore and tired so I might let my body have a break today.
I know I can do this though. I have good friend who lost 80 lbs last year. She is a great motivator because she was me just a few months ago, kwim? And here she is looking great and very fit now.

ttyl!

Cathy H
01-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi all its wednesday and I thought I would be doing better than I am. Although I did go to the dollar store and escape w/out buying any junk food. That in itdelf is a big deal. I was wondering what type of exercise everyone is doing. I am 46 yr old and need to do something besides walking on the treadmill which I don't enjoy that much.

Hope you all have a great night.

Cathy H
01-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Jelynn,

Which T-Tapp exercise are you doing? I'm very interested in finding out what would be the best. Can you tell me a little more about it? Feel free to email me privately.

Cathy

shelleybelly
01-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone! It sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work. I haven't done bad myself. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies and trying to get more walking in. Has any tried the dance exercise videos they have out? I thought that might be a fun way to get the wait off.

Lisa - You are doing great. We all have those days when we get down on ourselves. We just need to give ourselves a break. It is hard to lose the weight no matter how the weight was gained whether it be pregnancy, emotional eating or just plain enjoying food.

Jelynn - What is the T-Tapp exercises? I haven't heard of them before.

Have a good night everyone! Keep up the good work!

Cathy H
01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
It would be less discouraging if the scale would move just a smidge...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-plaid/cartoonfish01/lb/200/150/200/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

hellokittyfan
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi ladies,

Happy Thursday morning! Only two more days until a three day weekend!!

Welcome jelynn! :hug:

Cathy - as far as exercising goes, I try to do the gym at least 3-4 times a week. I love the spinning class which burns alot of calories and would highly recommend it to anyone!!! I also try to walk alot more (rather than taking the elevator!!). I would also recommend Billy Blank's Tae Bo tapes. They have done wonders for me in the past. I need to start getting into them on the weekends, as I don't work out in the gym then.

I am doing much better today. Brought my food journal to work with me. I also brought a veggie tray (carrots and celery) for snack and yogurt with pineapples for a snack as well. I'm really trying hard!!

Shelley- thanks! I feel much better. I think I was just a bit hard on myself earlier this week. That scale really put me in a bad place. I'm back on track now. ;)

Have a great day!!

Lisa

djmommy
01-12-2006, 09:06 PM
,I hear the tapHi glad to hear you are doing good. Cathy , I do whatever I can. I am 42.Oh I may as well say 43,it will be here sooner than I want.It is harder to lose this weight as I age. I love the elipticor,areobics, swimming whatever I can fit in my schedule for the day. I always feel like a million bucks after working out. There is so much out there ,I also do the ta-boe tapes. They are great. I hear there are alot of good dvds now. Try some different things so you do not get bored............I did not work out today... To busy, tom I will make up for it. I wore some jeans today that I took off after a while they were bugging me because they were lose..WHOOOOO that made me feel great...I will check in later.

hellokittyfan
01-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone,

Dj - that's awesome about those pants! I bet that did make you feel great! Congrats!!!

The only day I didn't work out was Wednesday. Today I'm going to do some work on the treadmill and elliptical bike. I don't have a full one hour lunch as I came in a bit late. I was thinking of doing the spinning class, but I can't even stay very long (about 30 minutes only).

Have a great weekend! I'll be back online on Tuesday when I get back to work.

Take care.

djmommy
01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Lisa good for you on the workouts. Hey anything helps. You sound like youo like the same kind of workouts like I do. I actually got 1hr and 35min in today. Treadmill walking and running and an arebics class that kick my but again after working the tread. Oh wel I better see some results this week. The carb thing is getting old. Althoough I am so afraid of eating any because I do not want to gain that weight back. Oh well chat later... where is everyone?

hellokittyfan
01-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi dj - yeah, I have no clue where anyone else is. I feel like I'm talking to myself. LOL!

Good for you - 1 hour and 35 minutes!!!! :) Way to go!

I'm still waiting to head to the gym. I'm stuck waiting on some work to do first. Then, I'll head out!!

Yesterday I did the spinning class and pushed myself so much it hurt, literally!! I just want to do a workout today and not injure myself. LOL!

Have a great weekend! I'll be checking online probably later this afternoon, then not back until Tuesday. No work for 3 days!! Yeah.

Lisa

Cathy H
01-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I just bought Walking away the pounds on ebay. I figure I should have them in about a week. I'm getting pretty excited about this. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I only weigh in once a month. What are your opinions on that?

shelleybelly
01-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi Everyone!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Had Bunco last night and was pretty good. Passed on the dessert. Everyone keep up the good work on the exercise!

shelleybelly

Cathy H
01-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know of some good low carb, low sugar snacks?

djmommy
01-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Cathy I heard those tapes are great. Yes i do have some snacks. Have you tried the laughing cow cheese that on celery is really good. It has to be light. I also take a no sugar added fudge pop and let it get soft, add a tbsn of cool whip lite or ff, and a tspn of natural pnb mix it up it taste just like a reese pnb cup .I also do a mocha shake with riccota that sounds so gross but I love it...If you are interested let me know and I will give the recipe to you. Go onto the sb thread and there is a section on snacks. If you can not find it let me know...........I have not worked out today I think I may have to do it at home tonight. Still doing thre sb but it seems to be getting harder. Good luck everyone on your weekend.

Cathy H
01-14-2006, 04:18 PM
djmommy~ I went to wal-mart and bought walk the walk with Leslie Sansone, my I did the one mile walk and I believe I love it! I would be interested in the recipes if you don't mind. I want so bad to succeed. Good Luck to all.

shelleybelly
01-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Cathy, Djmommy - Sounds like you both are doing great! Keep up the good work. I am going to walmart today and picking up the dvd where you can dance too! Something that I can do and the kids would get a kick doing with mommy. The reese cup snack that you wrote about sounds delicious!

Keep up the good work!

Cathy H
01-15-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm giving it my ole' heave hoe.. Went to a baby shower today and didn't exactly stay on program, but I'm picking up from this minute. Can't beat myself up when things like this come up! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Oh I'd like a copy of those recipes if I could, please...

shelleybelly
01-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Cathy - You are doing great. Every now and then you have to splurge or you feel like you are being deprived. You have been exercising and watching what you are eating. One day won't hurt you!

Keep up the good work!

djmommy
01-16-2006, 05:31 PM
I found you guys I had to go through your site shelly and punch in all your threads you started. I could not find you guys at all. Maybe I am blind. Hopefully I will find you all again. Shelly let me know how you like the workout tape. I love dancing. Well guys down another pd. Total is 12pds.... I did fall off the last 2 days. Not a whole lot, but enough to make me relize to shape it up.I need to stop. Have not worked out since friday. Tom I will hit ti hard. I hope I stay focused. Cathy I will try to get the recipe later to you .I have to cook dinner.Chat later.

Cathy H
01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
You all inspire me so much. I did the walk the walk dvd again today, it is really enjoyable. Back to work tomorrow, so I will have to exercise tomorrow night. had a headache all day, not sure why....

shelleybelly
01-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Glad you found us Djmommy. I just logged on and saw that you pm me.

You both inspire me. You are both doing terrific:carrot: ! I haven't started the tape yet, but plan to tommorow while my little boy is at pre-school.

Keep up the good work! I will be brave and weigh myself tommorow! Crossing fingers that the scale is going down!

Cathy H
01-17-2006, 05:33 AM
I just had to write this morning. I wasn't going to weigh in but once a month, but had to take a peek to see iof the scale was moving in a downward motion. And it was! Only 3 pounds but its that time of the month and all. I am thrilled, my eating has paid off and the exercise (the 2 days I did) must be helping. I hope everyone is doing great, and keep up the good work ladies, we can do this!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar05/cartoonfish01/lb/200/150/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

djmommy
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Glad you like the dvd.Any movement is great. Shelly good luck on your ww. I bet you are doing good. Got my work out in.2 hrs. Not that hard of a one today, but I did do it. Now if I can eat well. Here is the recipe from memory...1/2 c of ricotta, lf or nf,1/2 c of skim milk. 3 packets of splenda, 1/4 tsp of van, I eye ball this and can not find my recipe, but I use a tsp or mor to taste of sf, ff, decaf coffee. I use international delight mocha, and cocco powder maybe a tbspn. If i find the recipe I will let you know the correct total. Oh than you add ice I use 2 handfus and blend. Yummy. Got to get the little one check in later. Stay focused Barb

hellokittyfan
01-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi guys,

I'm back, did you miss me??? LOL!

Today I did 11.3 miles. :) I've started getting Lean Cuisines for dinner, so I hope that will help keep me from eating alot. I also need to not snack at night (good luck with that one!!).

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm hanging in there with eating. I'm eating my late lunch now.

Take care.

Cathy H
01-17-2006, 04:27 PM
WOW you are all doing so great! I had a rough day at work. must have been a full moon. But need to get this body moving. Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to write it down. Have a great night everyone...

djmommy
01-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi Lisa I like those Lean cuisines. Those should help keep ypu on plan. I wish I could do those but my kids would not like them. Wow 11.3 miles that is great.I bet you feel amazing. Cathy I found the recipe, Everything is correct except @ tspn of coco, !/2 tspn caff-free instant coffee. Todat bad day for carbs, I do not know why I am doing this even while I am doing it I know I should not be. AGHHHHH. I took a nautral supplement to help curb my apitate. I read it in a book , and I bought them a long time ago so I will see if it works. Anyway have a great day.

Cathy H
01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the recipe. I'm excited to give it a try. Is it a meal replacement or snack? I was told by a friend that she took some type of weight maintenance vaitamin, by Centurion or something. What brand is yours? I was thinking I should be taking vitamins?

Have a good night...

djmommy
01-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I use mine as a breakfast item. I hate eggs and not a really big eater in the morning. I guess you could do as you please. There cannot be more than 100 cal in there and hardly any fat.Am I allowed to tell you what I am taking? I do not know the rules on this site I will email you the supplements. I am taking a daily vitamin just cuz the no fruit rule. I should anyway rregradless. I got my workout in pretty sore from yes. Making a bean soup for dinner. If you like soup this is good. I could give yo uthe recipe. Good luck everyone. See you later.

hellokittyfan
01-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi there,

Yep, I like the Lean Cuisines too. I actually brought one to work for lunch today, spaghetti and meatballs. It was pretty good.

I did my spinning class today. The lady who taught it was like a drill sargeant, she kept yelling at us. I will make sure not to go on Wednesdays anymore, that's for sure.

Have a good afternoon!

Take care.

Lisa

Cathy H
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
DJMommy~ Please feel free to email me with the information and the recipes. I would totally love to have the information. I hope I didn't break any rules here...

Lisa~ I don't think a drill sargeant would motivate me, it would just make me mad. I hope you enjoy your next class ...

shelleybelly
01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi Girls! Sounds like everyone is doing great. I used to take the Weight Watchers meals to work for lunch. I always enjoyed them!

Djmommy..I chickened out on weighing myself. The TOM is coming and being home all day doesn't help. I like being with my kids, but when you are used to working it is sure a change! Haven't had any luck finding another job yet, but I am sure that will come in time.

Everyone I apologize for not posting everyday. Been down, (due to TOM) and just don't feel like I am doing that well. I can hear you guys now. Pick yourself up and go again and you know you are right! You guys are great! Have a good day and keep up the good work!

shelleybelly
01-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi Everyone! I am feeling much better today! I like to scrapbook so I was looking through old pictures and came upon one when I was very fit and thin. I put it on the refrigerator next to the picture of me taken at x-mas. For me it reinforces that I was that size and I can be that size again. Just have to work on it! I hope everyone is having a good day!

shelley

Cathy H
01-20-2006, 05:57 AM
HI Shelly happy to hear you are doing better. I should get a picture of myself out when I was smaller, that woould have been a long time ago... Good luck to all on your way of eating. I'm still low carbing and it seems to work for me. Need to exercise tonight, since I didn't last night. I would love to learn scrapbooking...

Have a good one!

djmommy
01-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone, Shelly glad to see your spirits are up. Cathy I will email the info when I have some time on the comp. I worked out everyday this weeek. I just did a killer workout. I have not lost anything since last week. Oh well that is due to the chips I have been eating. Dh and I are going out tonight for dinner. I am so excited. It has been so long since we have done this. Stay focused ladies we will succeed

Cathy H
01-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi everybody! Hope you are all having a great Friday! Shelly you are doing super! djmommy I'll be patient, lol. I am really doing pretty good. Dh made me a nice salad last night and I was not even tempted to cheat! Thats a big surprise, LOL. Well I hope you all have a great weekend!

shelleybelly
01-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Djmommy that is great that you worked out everyday this week! Have a great time tonight with your husband. It is always nice to have a night out and away from the kids. Don't worry about the scale staying the same. You have had a consistent weight loss the last few weeks and I bet you will see another weight loss next week.

Cathy you are doing great! I love to scrapbook. I have been working on our wedding album for the last 4 1/2 years and I finally have finished it. I had tons of pictures from the wedding. I find scrapbooking to be very relaxing.

Girls have a good evening and keep up the good work!

djmommy
01-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi guys made it through my bday weekend and had a blast. Date night was awesome. We had a bottle of wine plus... Disd not feel so great sat. Oh well that will not happen in a while. I had cake and icecream and everything else. I know I gained but no big deal. I will try to get back into it again. I did work out sunday morning at the gym. I got my butt there by 8 am . Had to work off those pds. Work out today. 1 hr walking and 1 hr of arebics. I do feel better, I hope I keep losing. .......I am going to start scrapping again. I have not since my youngest was 1 year old. I have a lot of catching up to do. There are some ladies that do it all the time and they invited me to join. I have to get it all together. I hope you all have a great week. Lets stay focused. We rock and we will all do great.

shelleybelly
01-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Happy Belated Birthday djmommy! It sounds like you had a fantastic time! Don't worry about the cake and ice cream, it sounds like you are working it off. Chances are you will see a drop in weight.

Well gotta get hubby off to work. More later.

Everybody, keep up the good work!

Cathy H
01-23-2006, 06:21 PM
djmommy sounds like you really enjoyed your birthday. Don't worry about having a little fun. Sounds as though you are back on track!
I just finished the 2 mile walk the walk. Boy was it fun. I had been bad about exercising, the last time I did was last tuesday. Guess I kept finding excuses. But I hope I'm on track now! enjoy your night everyone...

Robyn_Bird
01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
hi there i am new at this and am finding it hard to eat right to have the right weight loss that i am looking for my name is Robyn i am 27 years old and mother of two busy girls one 6 and one 8 months i am interested in hearing from others and also hearing there weight loss goals as well as making new friends , i am hoping that getting myself out there in this message board will help me to lose the weight that i am living with . Hope to hear from people soon :jig:

Cathy H
01-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Welcome Robin, I'm Cathy from Ohio. This is a great place to get motivated... I am trying to get on track with eating and exercise. I do better in the eating department than in the exercise. But I did do the 2 mile walk the walk last night and it felt fantastic! Hope to see you post often.

djmommy
01-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Welcome Robin..... I know you will find the support you need here. I find it great. It keeos me on track. Plus you get ideas and motivation from others. Hey what can I say we are a great group of girls. Cathy I e mailed you the info in case you did not get it. It is in your private message section. I made a great dinner the other day in the low carb section. Actually it was ok. the kids liked it, anyway the left overs I made a soup with .To die for. Dh loved it. I have had it 3 times since I made it on Sunday. If you are interested let me know. It sounds gross but it was good. Did you try the mocha shake? I am still drinking it every morning. It is easier for me than the breakfast thing. Also Cathy I am from Ohio too. Just moved here in Aug. What part are you from. Would n't that be funny if we were in the same city Shelly , how do you like being home? I hope you are enjoying this time the best you can. I am sobad with the computer that I am embrassed to say, I just figured out how to make paragraphs. Well from the looks of it I do need practice.Anyway working at the kds school today. I may nmot exercise. I am feeling so guilty. I guess I could go and walk if i want to after . I really want to shop but know I better not. Still catching up on bills. Well I will chat later. Good luck.

hellokittyfan
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm back!! I hope everyone is doing well.

I joined WW this week and I lost 2.5 pounds before I even started!!! :carrot:

I'm so happy. Hope to hear how you guys are doing.

Take care.

Lisa

shelleybelly
01-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Welcome Robin:welcome:

Hi Girls! It sounds like everyone is doing very well!

djmommy I am doing alright at home. Such a big adjustment from working all the time. I have been enjoying having some special time with my little ones. My husband has been great. He has been working a bunch of overtime to help while I am not working! Haven't had much luck finding a new job at the moment. Went to Manpower and they said that January is usually a slow month but picks up in February. I do have to say that having the time off has been good for me. I have been able to concentrate on me and getting myself 'healthy' again. I hadn't realized how the stress was affecting me.

Cathy - I am like you. Better with the eating part than the exercise. Wow 2 miles that is great! You go girl!

Welcome Back Lisa! Good Luck with Weight Watchers!

I have been watching what I eat and have tried to eat foods that are healthy for me. Finding that I tend to grab and go and that means high fat and calorie items. Made my self an omelet today with leftover steak and mushrooms. It was delicious. I have been reading up on the Beach Diet and think I am going to give it a whirl! My doctor had recommended it a while back and thought I would do good on it. Well need to get the kids ready for bed. Sorry about rambling on! Keep up the good work everyone!

djmommy
01-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone, Oh my gosh My paragraghs did not work. Oh well.Nice to see you back Lisa. Way to go on the loss. Shelly I am jsure you will find something soon. You seem marketable. I have not loss anything. I am eating more carbs than I need to. I wrote everything down yes and I eat too many nuts and almonds. Today I put the nuts away in the laundry room cupboard. They will have to go there if they want them. I think I am putting more of there jtreatsa there too.Off to work out. Hopefully today is a great day for us all.

djmommy
01-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I got the work out in. Whoo, I did weigh myself on that scale and only up .1 pd. Heck that makes my day. Tonight I am having fish with lots of veggies. My goal this week is to be down even 1 pd. Motivation is setting in. The biggest loser is on tonight. My motivater sooo tom hopefully will be a good day. I will check in later.

hellokittyfan
01-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcomes. :hug:

I've been so busy with work and everything lately.

I'm doing pretty well with WW and exercise. I've done spinning every day this week and will continue to do so until I pass out. LOL!

I'm doing good with keeping track of points and all that jazz. I just get hungry so often that it's hard not to snack, but at least now I snack on carrots, grapes, apples and oranges. I make myself two little lunches each day - a salad and a sandwich, so the sandwich is a snack later in the day.

Shelley - good luck with the job hunt. Don't let it get to you or anything, it just takes awhile. It'll happen! I'm so glad your husband is so supportive of you, that's wonderful.

Has anyone tried Egg Beaters? I just started eating them this week, I've been eating the southwestern kind. They're very good and filling and low in points (1 point for two-three servings).

Take care.

djmommy
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi lisa I eat the egg beaters,my son likes themtoo. Congrads on the spinning class. I may try that in the near future. Well ladies I went to the doc. the other day to get my thyroid levels checked. They just called and they are lowering my meds. I am thinking this is the reasons why I was having such a terriable time lossing the weight. I am at a stand still again so hopefully jthe new dose they have for me will be good and I will see some loss loke normal people. I also have been sooooo tired around 7 pm. So maybe I will become a night owl again. We can only wait to see. I am making this fish recipe a friend gave me I will let you know how it is. I am anxious to eat tonight. I will check in laterwith you all. Have a great evening. Barb

hellokittyfan
01-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah I love the egg beaters, I'm going to check out the other kinds they have too this weekend.

Hope everything works out with the meds, dj. Good luck. :hug:

I am feeling a big difference this week since starting WW and all of the exercise I've been doing. Maybe it's just that it's good for my self-esteem. :)

I hope everyone is doing well. It seems a bit quite online lately.

Take care.

djmommy
01-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi lisa yes it is very quite. Everyone is mia. I am on tom today and boy oh boy the cravings are hitting hard. I can only have a salad tonight for dinner. I am eating to many sweet jthings today. I hate this time of the month. Anyway I got my workout in this morning. I was only able to walk for 30 min and do 1 hr of strengh trsaing. I signed up for a new class with weights and areobic workout called body pump. It is suppose to be really intense. I will let you all know how it goes. I am also goig to another Doc tomorrow to get this thyroid thing under control. I am all over the board with it and want to know why. Any way have a great day.

Cathy H
01-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi everybody! I'm here just been busy these last few days. djmommy I'm from NW Ohio near Toledo! What part are you from?

I'm having some asparagus right now, delicious.

Welcome to all newbies. I haven't been too good at keeping in touch here but hope to change that!

Thank God tomorrow is Friday ;o)

well off to read posts...

Take Care and Good Luck

shelleybelly
01-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi Lisa, Cathy & Djmommy!

Lisa - I like the egg beaters myself, but my husband loves real eggs - so we compromise egg beaters for me and real eggs for him. Good luck with Weight Watchers sounds like you are doing good!

Djmommy - Don't worry about the TOM I read somewhere that during this time your metabolism is in high gear. f

Cathy - How are you doing with your exercise? I walked 1 mile yesterday on the treadmill and am going downstairs in a minute to walk 1 mile today.

Well everybody keep up the good work!

djmommy
01-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi shellybelly, Congrads on the exercise. Cathy I am from columbus area. I used to live in Mi so I am familar with toledo. I am off to work out myself. I am not doing so well cuz of tom but hopefully today will go better. I need to get focused again. My bday threw me off. Oh thus is life. Catch you all later.

hellokittyfan
01-27-2006, 01:03 PM
TGIF!!!!

Yeah dj, I agree about the tom with shelley - you can more done with exercise and all because your metabolism runs higher or something. Hang in there.

Thanks for the warm wishes on WW. I am doing well so far. Trying to keep within my points range for each day. I'll let you guys know how I do on the weigh in tomorrow. I'll pop back online next week.

Take care and have a great weekend!!

djmommy
01-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Just got back from another doc. He wants me to stay on the same thyroid meds that I switched to. Anyway for 6 weeks, than we will see what is happening. I hope I do not gain any weight. I will go beserk. I have to keep going just in case that happens. This sucks.. Ohwell again this is my life. I know I am being negative I will stop. I will succeed. Going to a dave and busters tonight with the family. Looking forward to getting out. Have a gtreat weekend ladies.

Cathy H
01-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Not doing well with exercise. But did get 2 new Leslie Sansone dvd's. I'm hoping to get moving tomorrow..

Congrats to all for doing so well!

djmommy
01-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Well guys went out last night with the kids to an arcade=-bar place. I bombed my day. I drank beer ,too many and ate taco bell which was all carbs. Today I wanted to work out to make up for it and my dh is at work. Sooo not sure what will happen maybe I will do the kick boxing at home.I am obuying the new sb cookbook today. That way I will be motivated to stay obn the program. No more drinking for me. One drink and I lose focus of my diet and goals. Again Life goes on mmmore ups and downs. It is hard to get back on track once you are going strong. But I will be back on track today . Anyway have a fabulous day.

Cathy H
01-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Don't feel bad I'm trying to get my act together. Anyone on here count their carbs? I need some serious HELP!

djmommy
01-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Cathy I am not counting carbs I am doing south beach. I love it so far, It has its ups and downs like any diet. I lost the 12 pds in the first 2 weeks than I played around and gained a little lost a little ect.... Today I am jstarting phase 2 or yesterday I did. I like it better. I had a great sandwhich yesterday Todayt I will have the same one for lunch. I am a huge carb person. I do know that is my trigger food. I am only going to have 1 carb a day. Like bread or rice, or grains. The rest of the day will be the other healthy stuff. I just bought the new south beach cook book and I do like it. I made one thing so far but plan on making more this week. I really believe I need variety in my menu. I would love to help you with this. Just not sure what you are doing?Atkins ? anyway there are some great recipes on this site too. Let me know about yourquestions. Also I read try not to have your fruit until dinner or night snack in some people it will trigger them to crave more carbs. I am very focused again. It has been 2 days since I blew it and I do not want to go there for a while.I am back where i started 12 pds and Maybe One more. I will check today at the gym. I am setting a new goal for St.Pat's Day of 15 pds. I still have 3 pds to go for my groundhog goal. I think is this week. I am going to try like heck to get there. If any one wants to do a St Pat challenge just let me know. Good luck

Cathy H
01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
HI I'm trying to follow the adkins diet, but... I guess I could switch over to sb. I have the book somewhere. I have not given up, I feel as though my clothes are feeling a bit looser...

Thanks... and Good Luck

djmommy
01-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Personal opion but I really think the south beach is a healther life style. Read the book and see what you thiink.

Cathy H
01-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Would you briefly tell me what you are allowed to eat on phase 1? I have yet to find the book here...

Thanks.

djmommy
01-31-2006, 08:54 AM
there is a revised list on this site. Go to the place where you find our support group. just keep goig down until you see the area for south beach. In there in one of the post is the revised phase one. If you can not find it let me know. You can print it out if you want. I lost anoter 2 pds. WHOOO, I am so geek I need one more pound by thurs and I met my goal. I am making cookies today, that is going to be so dang hard. I have to for a big party. Oh well jthis is when will power sets in. I am off to the gym let me know how it goes for you.

hellokittyfan
01-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Well I wanted to give you an update on how my first week at WW went.

I lost 1.6 pounds, which brings my loss to a total of 4.1 pounds!! :carrot:

I thought I would lose more, but I guess weight loss slows as you get older.

Hope you all are doing well. Take care.

Lisa ;)

shelleybelly
01-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone! Been very busy here. Hubby started a business on ebay and I have been drafted to send the items out when they have been purchased. Thats alright. He is hoping to build it big enough so I can just stay at home! Been struggling on my diet..hard to stick to anything when I am at home all day. Had my son's birthday on Sunday and had ice cream in the house. Ice Cream is a down fall of mine! Just couldn't keep away from it. Now it is gone. I have been reading alot about the south beach diet and feel that it is healthy diet. I just have to get my but in gear and start. I decide to start than I start making excuses. Time just to do it. Everybody keep up the good work!

djmommy
01-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Lisa jthat is great. That is 4pds lighter. Keep it up that is jgrat. Shellybelly sounds like you are busy. dang I have so much to sell I should go that route. Hey do not worry about being motivated it will come when you are good and ready. Hang in there you have alot on your table. I got my workout in today. Made some cookies and cheated some. I could have done jworse so I am ok with the damage. I will not be able to go to the gym tom. Tjhe boys have a late start. I will have to clean around here for some exercise. Maybe I will break out the tapes. Anyway have a great day.

hellokittyfan
01-31-2006, 04:31 PM
HI guys,

Thanks dj for the support! I'm really trying and want to keep it off this time, not get fat again!!! I need to up my workouts a bit to get more of a variety, but other than that, I feel good about everything.

Btw, shelley - good luck on the ebay business. I hope it all goes well for you and your hubby. :hug:

Have a good afternoon!

I'll talk to you all later.

djmommy
02-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone I hope you all are doing well.

Cathy H
02-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm still here. The scale has not moved yet, but I am feeling better...

djmommy
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Cathy , Did you find the info you needed? I just had a piece of high fiber toast with laughing cow cheese. It was delious,it tasted like a bagel. Yummy. Let me know how you are doing? Pm me if you need too. Especially with menu ideas. I made am awesome sandwhich the other day The family Loved. Anyway do not get discourage it does take time, but I am in this as well as everyone else for the long run. I have some big challenges coming up in a few weeks. I need to stay focused. I did not work out today. Beginning to get a cold. I did not want to wear myself out. I feel so guilty, which I figure is good. I got myself know into the working out ethic I guess. Good luck everyone

Cathy H
02-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Haven't found my SB diet book yet. It's here somewhere. I'm trying to eat healthy and drink my water...

Hope you all have a great weekend!

djmommy
02-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi jguys hard weekend a lot of eating. Looking jforward to monday to get back on track.

djmommy
02-06-2006, 08:55 AM
I hope your weekend went better than mine. I am off to get in the ultimate workout. I bombed this weekend.

hellokittyfan
02-06-2006, 02:23 PM
HI guys,

Dj - I hope you're not getting that cold and are feeling better by now. Take it easy.

I lost 2 more pounds this week. Yeah!!

This week will be a challenge as I have a dinner outing with family on Saturday and Valentine's Day next Tuesday (they both count as week 4 of my WW diet!!).

Hope you guys are doing well. Take care.

djmommy
02-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Congrads Lisa keep it up. I did get my work out in today. And I am focused to do better this week. I to have a big weekend . I have 10 girls coming from my home town for a get together. It will be like a huge sleep over. Anyway I miss them all so much I can not wait.Good luck to you all.

hellokittyfan
02-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks dj! You keep up the working out too, girl!! Good job. I need to go home and work out. I went out to lunch instead of working out today. I will definitely do something tonight!! :D

I will try to spin 3 days this week, most definitely!!!

Talk to you guys later.

Cathy H
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
I need someone to kick me right square in the backside to get me motivated....

djmommy
02-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Cathy you seemed to be there. You are at least logging in. What is it that you need help with? Is it motivation? Exercise? Menu?Let me know and I will do my best to help out.Do you cook your own meals.? Did you do SB? The 1st 3 days are he#$. Once you get through that it is easier I promise. I still have my upss and downs but I feel great. If you like me to give you some suggestions let me know. I am only down 14# due to my own failures but We are here to help eachother out. You are there you just need to go one more step.

hellokittyfan
02-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi guys,

I can help give you motivation too Cathy!! I think we all can help each other out. It's really hard, but together we can all do it. I believe that it's important to support each other. Losing weight is so hard.

Try to keep a small goal for yourself in mind and aim to reach that. Once you reach the small goal, then the bigger goals will be easier to reach.

Hang in there. For me motivation is this summer and I want to look good in shorts and a bathing suit!!!

Take care. You can do it!!!!!:hug:

Lisa :D

djmommy
02-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Yes guys lets set up a st pat gaol.I would love to lose 10n pds by than anyone else in?

Cathy H
02-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Well I need help getting motivated. I feel I'm eating ok. COuld be better, but have not went off the deep end. What I mean by that is they were selling candy bars at work for a funraiser and I did not purchase any. Yeah for me! I still can not locate my SB book but I know it is here somewhere.... I need some motivation,, Anyone have any suggestions?

hellokittyfan
02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi there,

dj - I would love to lose 10 pounds by then too. Count me in. I hope to continue to lose 2 pounds a week, but I'm realistic!! That's a tough one to do!!!

Cathy - congrats on not eating those candy bars! That's great! Candy is my total downfall. I would suggest trying WW. It has always worked for me (even though I always manage to gain the weight back!!). It's a great program and not only is a good way to lose weight. It's not a diet, but more of a lifestyle change.

Have a good night!

Lisa ;)

djmommy
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Cathy is there an outfit or something that you want to get into? I have a dress that is a big motivator. I try it on once a week. I should do it every morning to see how it is fitting. I need to wear it Feb 24. That is my only motivater now. Other than you all.If you want me to give you the run down on the first 3 days of the south I will. I need to really do it again . I will do it on Monday with you or Sunday. I can not do itthis weekend though cuz the ladies are coming up for the night. So I want to have a great time , and I know I will have cocktails and eat some forbiddens food. All in moderation of course.HeHE anyway let me know if I can help.Lisa I am shooting for 10 pds but I noticed my pds are slowing due to my inbalanced thyroid. I am still going to give it my all. I will be happy with a pd. I am joff to work out today. I am still sick with a cold but I have to go. I will feel so oguilty if I do not go.My goal today is to drink a lot of water.

hellokittyfan
02-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi guys,

Dj - hope you feel better. Take it easy with the workout. I know how you feel, though, even when I'm sick I want to workout. I couldn't though when I had bronchitis real bad in December/early January. I hope you make that 10 pound goal. I think it's possible.

Cathy - I also agree with dj about using a dress or something like that. I have my "skinny jeans" sitting in my dresser drawer (they're a size 10). When I make it there, I know I will have made it!! ;)

I'm now doing Taebo in the morning and spinning in the afternoon, so I hope it helps with my weight loss.

Take care.

djmommy
02-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Lisa what is your total weight loss. It seems like you really are a workout fool. You go girl. I did try that dang dress on. Damn it still is snug. I have 2 more weekends and it needs to fit. I made have to get a all over body snugger. I am so ofocused today I best better not cheat. So far all I have had is my moca riccota shake, a slice of low fat cheese, Some almonds and a teeny bit of pnuts. Next I will eat the veggies. I am having cod for dinner with a bunch of wveggies. I have to do this........

shelleybelly
02-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi girls! Sounds like everyone is doing super! I have been so busy lately. Hubby business on Ebay is really keeping me hopping. I haven't done really well with the food thing. But being off work has really made be think about food and how they affect me. I noticed last night that I was just really down and I realized that I had peanut m&m;s the day before. I really need to cut the sugar out of my eating habits.

By St Patty's day I would love to be down 10 pounds. I have a job interview next week so hopefully I will be able to get on a regular schedule again.
Have a good night.

hellokittyfan
02-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi guys,

Hope you are doing well. I'm so glad there are only 2 days of work left this week!

Dj - well so far I am down 6.1 pounds. I am definitely getting much more toned and the fat has turned into muscles, so there is more of a body change than weight loss so far. I hope to lose alot on my weigh-in Saturday. I'll let you guys know next week!!!! :D Dj - you can do it, I have faith in you!!! You can make it into that dress!!

Yeah, I've been on the workout bandwagon. I'm going to try doing exercise twice a day to get my butt into gear. I've lost alot of the backfat I had, so that feels just great!!!!!

Shelley - welcome back! :hug: I had thought you'd be very busy with that business. Good luck on your interview!

Talk to you guys later.

djmommy
02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
well guys got on the scale today lost the 2 pds I gained. I did not work out today. Oh well busy, Tomorrow I will. My buddies are coming up I may not check in until Sunday.I CAN NOT WAIT.... I have been jpretty focused Today I did not stay op But my cal intake I think was very low. I only had amocha shake, almonds, some roast beef, cookies..3 That is bad But I had to make cookies, Shoot I also hadsome hot fries, Fish , aspagas, califlower mash pot, and sweet pot frnch fries....So other than the cookies and fries that are chips I did pretty dang good. I think.. anyway I fell like I did ok. I am shooting for a 3 pd lost by the 24 of thids month

djmommy
02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
well guys got on the scale today lost the 2 pds I gained. I did not work out today. Oh well busy, Tomorrow I will. My buddies are coming up I may not check in until Sunday.I CAN NOT WAIT.... I have been jpretty focused Today I did not stay op But my cal intake I think was very low. I only had amocha shake, almonds, some roast beef, cookies..3 That is bad But I had to make cookies, Shoot I also hadsome hot fries, Fish , aspagas, califlower mash pot, and sweet pot frnch fries....So other than the cookies and fries that are chips I did pretty dang good. I think.. anyway I fell like I did ok. I am shooting for a 3 pd lost by the 24 of thids month I hope you all have a great day

djmommy
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi guys I -may be going to a new sight in the ww forum. It is under ground hog challenge. It is a pretty popular site with a lot of hits. I kwill check back here on Monday to see if you can not find it or pm me so we do not lose contact. I noticed Lisa was already there. Have a great weekend

djmommy
02-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi guys Try to find us on that site. Lisa was there and this one seems to be dying. If you can not find us pm and i will guide you . Pleas come over we were a good support team